PDA

View Full Version : Another Raider coach bites the dust

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
01-15-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81db4722/article/report-raiders-to-fire-defensive-coordinator-marshall-

This time its defensive coordinator John Marshall who directed a unit that ranked 2nd in the NFL in pass defense.

NFLBRONCO
01-15-2011, 11:14 PM
They'll hire Wink

tsiguy96
01-15-2011, 11:29 PM
also gave up 29 pass TDs

KipCorrington25
01-16-2011, 12:26 AM
yeah but from an outsiders perspective they seemed to be heading in the right direction... but I hope they fail so I'm all for Al doing what he thinks is best.

Gort
01-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Al Davis is the best. owner. the. raiders. have. ever. had!

thank you Al, you crazy old bastage! may i suggest you interview Art Shell again for the position of HC?

:approve:

Cito Pelon
01-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Man, I was watching ESPN and they said Crazy Al was fining Cable $20k per game for bad coaching decisions. Ended up being $120k in fines. Cable filed a grievance during the season with the NFL.

HooptyHoops
01-16-2011, 11:35 AM
I ran into a friend at Church this morning that told me....man, you don't want to talk to me....I said why....he comes back making fun of our hire of Fox....I then asked him, "Could you tell me again who the coach of the Raiders is again?" Now I get on here and see this.....you go Al!

Dudeskey
01-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Long live Al!!!

gunns
01-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Man, I was watching ESPN and they said Crazy Al was fining Cable $20k per game for bad coaching decisions. Ended up being $120k in fines. Cable filed a grievance during the season with the NFL.

Wow

cutthemdown
01-16-2011, 02:22 PM
This is all about Davis thinking Hue Jackson was going to leave. He evaluated the Raiders and felt it was Hue Jackson taking over the offense that led to the raiders being better. Especially i feel he credits Hue with getting the running game going and cutting down on the interceptions.

I have to say I think Raiders may have made the right choice. But they are in a tough spot with all the FA they have. Let's see how well Al Davis does keeping his FA before we say hes blown it again.

I agree though with original poster all the turmoil in Oakland after they got a bit better is strange. I mean the blowout in Denver gave them a record and you know Davis loves those. Well he only wants superbowls but still that was a big win. Also they swept division.

The only reason they havent already named Jackson head coach is because of how al davis operates. He always, I repeat always waits until right before the Superbowl to make a major announcement when he can. He loves coming up with something around Superbowl time. Also he doesnt want to share media with teams like Denver with there hire.

The deal with Jackson probably done last yr for all we know. Cable may have been out save a Superbowl win.

cutthemdown
01-16-2011, 02:28 PM
All the people I know who love the Raiders thought Fox was a good hire for Denver.

I haven't heard anything super negative from any of my friends who follow football, or who gamble. Some said things like well he's not a top 10 coach but his is pretty good etc etc. Others said he is good enough to where if you get a good offensive coord your team will win, but if the offense tanks he cant fix it.

Most of the really bad things you hear on the mane about Fox are from people who don't really impress me with how they try and prove there point. Fox is a long time football coach whose career resume shows him to be a stable influence.

i have some reservation about Xanders and Elway, but i think a Fox McCoy tandem could work out pretty well. So I think already Elway made one smart move from what choices seemed to present themselves. I already feel better. He makes some good FA moves, doesn't blow the draft up, and I will be really excited to see Broncos and Tebow take the field next season.