PDA

View Full Version : Reilly delivers some Cutler bashing.

spdirty
01-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Funny and interesting read.

For a man from Santa Claus, Ind., Jay Cutler is one of the least jolly people you've ever met.

If he's not The Most Hated Man in the NFL, he's in the running. His expression is usually that of a man wearing sandpaper underwear. He looks everywhere but into your eyes. It's a tie as to which he enjoys more -- smirking or shrugging.

It's hard to say what interests Cutler, but it's definitely not you.

Once, in his rookie year in Denver, 45 minutes before a game, surefire Hall of Fame safety John Lynch was trying to explain something to Cutler about NFL pass coverage. Except Cutler wasn't looking at Lynch. He was texting.

"Man, I'm trying to talk to you!" Lynch protested.

Didn't help. Cutler was all thumbs, head down. Finally, Lynch slapped the phone out of Cutler's hands, smashing it to the floor.http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=6017986

SoCalBronco
01-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Prior threads.

Check them out. :)

HAT
01-15-2011, 08:50 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=6017986

And ancient. ^5

spdirty
01-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Prior threads.

Check them out. :)

oh. damnit.

:dummy:

spdirty
01-15-2011, 08:58 PM
And ancient. ^5

LOL yeah I guess a 3 day old Cutler bashing column is ancient on this forum. OK. Carry on.

Gort
01-16-2011, 09:55 AM
i always appreciate me some Cutler bashing. :yayaya:

favorite subject matter:

- emo attitude
- double chins
- redzone INTs
- petulant behavior
- anything else that'll get his fanboys' knickers in a twist

so, please carry on...

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I love the bitches around here who can only cling to their hate because Boy Blunder traded away an elite talent who is about to deliver his team to the NFC Championship.

Hey guys, McDaniels sucked and so did most of his moves! You can quit hating good players now!

spdirty
01-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I love the b****es around here who can only cling to their hate because Boy Blunder traded away an elite talent who is about to deliver his team to the NFC Championship.

Hey guys, McDaniels sucked and so did most of his moves! You can quit hating good players now!

Can we hate both McDaniels and Cutler?

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Can we hate both McDaniels and Cutler?

Sure, but you have no reason to hate Cutler. He didn't want to play here because McDaniels is a POS and lied to him about trading for Cassel. He thought he could go to a better team, without a terrible head coach, and get a contract while doing it. I'd take that deal too.

Popps
01-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Jay is having a nice game today. Given, this isn't much of a team he's playing against.

We all know how this will end. But, the Jay-fans around here can now claim that he "won a playoff game."

Sort of like how he "made" a Pro Bowl.

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Jay is having a nice game today. Given, this isn't much of a team he's playing against.

We all know how this will end. But, the Jay-fans around here can now claim that he "won a playoff game."

Like how you "love" the Broncos...

CEH
01-16-2011, 11:35 AM

I got a question for you. How many non "Pro Bowl type players" can garner two first round picks in a trade.

If you can make me a list (shouldn't take too long to review) I might change my mind Culter didn't make the Pro Bowl.

Don't worry about looking up Keyshown. He mad it 2 of his first 3 years

Kaylore
01-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Not that I care anymore because Cutler isn't a Bronco, but I brought up this issue and was ripped for making crap up. I mean the veterans specifically not liking Cutler's attitude or maturity. Hopefully he's moved on and grown up since then.

gunns
01-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Not that I care anymore because Cutler isn't a Bronco, but I brought up this issue and was ripped for making crap up. I mean the veterans specifically not liking Cutler's attitude or maturity. Hopefully he's moved on and grown up since then.

This is my dislike of Cutler, not the McD/Cutler fiasco, because who knows what the true story was there. It's Cutler as a human being. He's an ass and was while he was here. I disliked HIM long before the fiasco. What Reilly wrote nailed it. He acts as if he's above any help, or as if there is no way his performance is in any way responsible for a loss. He would throw his teammates under the bus after a loss without once mentioning his responsibility in that loss. He can begin to play like John Elway (highly, highly unlikely) and I will still have no respect for him.

Dedhed
01-16-2011, 12:12 PM

Yeah, he really seems to have matured since then./sarcasm

They were referring to Cutler as "a cascade of errors" on NFLN the other day.

Captain 'Dre
01-16-2011, 03:15 PM
I love the b****es around here who can only cling to their hate because Boy Blunder traded away an elite talent who is about to deliver his team to the NFC Championship. !

I won't argue with YOU about whether or not Jay is an elite talent if you won't argue with ME that Jay is a complete douchebag! Ha!

Crushaholic
01-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I love the b****es around here who can only cling to their hate because Boy Blunder traded away an elite talent who is about to deliver his team to the NFC Championship.

What's your definition of "elite"? Would that be 16 INTs, 52 sacks, and a passer rating of 86.3? That was Cutler's stats through the end of the regular season, according to nfl.com

TDmvp
01-16-2011, 03:38 PM
What's your definition of "elite"? Would that be 16 INTs, 52 sacks, and a passer rating of 86.3? That was Cutler's stats through the end of the regular season, according to nfl.com

Yea cause Passer rating defines a Qb , considering Elway's career rating was 79.9 and he may be the best ever ... And since when does Jay have "much" to do with how many times he's sacked ??...

Sure he threw the picks you state , but the rest of that stuff doesn't mean anything. Dude is elite , deal with it.

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Yea cause Passer rating defines a Qb , considering Elway's career rating was 79.9 and he may be the best ever ... And since when does Jay have "much" to do with how many times he's sacked ??...

Sure he threw the picks you state , but the rest of that stuff doesn't mean anything. Dude is elite , deal with it.

If Cutler was a media magnet and let you in the cancer ward when he was giving away gifts this wouldn't be a debate.

gyldenlove
01-16-2011, 04:16 PM
This is my dislike of Cutler, not the McD/Cutler fiasco, because who knows what the true story was there. It's Cutler as a human being. He's an ass and was while he was here. I disliked HIM long before the fiasco. What Reilly wrote nailed it. He acts as if he's above any help, or as if there is no way his performance is in any way responsible for a loss. He would throw his teammates under the bus after a loss without once mentioning his responsibility in that loss. He can begin to play like John Elway (highly, highly unlikely) and I will still have no respect for him.

Did you also read the part where Cutler and his girlfriend bought christmas presents for an entire childrens hospital ward and he didn't want to talk about it when a journalist asked him? yeah he is a grade-A asshole that guy.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Did you also read the part where Cutler and his girlfriend bought christmas presents for an entire childrens hospital ward and he didn't want to talk about it when a journalist asked him? yeah he is a grade-A a-hole that guy.

It will never be enough for the Cutler haters. NFC championship, it was the defense. Don't look at those 4 TD's. Some people are so pathetic around here.

TDmvp
01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Did you also read the part where Cutler and his girlfriend bought christmas presents for an entire childrens hospital ward and he didn't want to talk about it when a journalist asked him? yeah he is a grade-A a-hole that guy.

As a Broncos lover and a Cutler fan not living in Denver I think the Cutler hate here is just way over blown ... Dude isn't a bad guy , he's young and cocky sometimes and the departure from Denver rub all the locals the wrong way.

Dude could cure cancer and save babies from burning buildings and people here would act like he is a Mike Vick of a human.

He's like Denver's really hot ex , who dumped them and even tho the ex is still way hot and desirable they talk trash like that ex is below them.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 04:30 PM
As a Broncos lover and a Cutler fan not living in Denver I think the Cutler hate here is just way over blown ... Dude isn't a bad guy , he's young and cocky sometimes and the departure from Denver rub all the locals the wrong way.

Dude could cure cancer and save babies from burning buildings and people here would act like he is a Mike Vick of a human.

He's like Denver's really hot ex , who dumped them and even tho the ex is still way hot and desirable they talk trash like that ex is below them.

And these are the same people that slobber over Tebow. Go figure.

Dedhed
01-16-2011, 04:32 PM

The thing is, he hasn't cured cancer or saved babies, but he has been a total douche.

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 04:45 PM
The thing is, he hasn't cured cancer or saved babies, but he has been a total douche.

I won't disagree that dude comes off like a douche, but so does Phillip Rivers. Bottom line, if you can play this game at a level that few others can, I don't CARE AT ALL if you're a douche. He's not joining my family, I don't have to let him band my daughter. He just plays the most important position in football, something he is great at.

This is professional sports, people need to get over personality.

lostknight
01-16-2011, 04:48 PM
This is the last desperate gasp of the McDaniels fans. If Jay Cutler is worthless, then maybe something in the McDaniels tenure was actually correct.

On the other hand, given that the Falcons and Patriots are now out of it, do you really think if Cutler gets past the Packers (and remember that they have home field advantage, and have already won once against them), do you think any of the AFC teams will be able to stop them?

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 04:51 PM
I won't disagree that dude comes off like a douche, but so does Phillip Rivers. Bottom line, if you can play this game at a level that few others can, I don't CARE AT ALL if you're a douche. He's not joining my family, I don't have to let him band my daughter. He just plays the most important position in football, something he is great at.

This is professional sports, people need to get over personality.

word. What Dedhed needs is a poll tracking who is nicer, Cutler or Orton. Once he and others sees the results it will make them happier. Let's be honest Orton is much nicer than Cutler.

Can you believe that anyone on this earth debated that Orton was a better QB than Cutler?

TheReverend
01-16-2011, 04:59 PM

Pro tip: I try to avoid calling people who have bought entire kids hospital wards Christmas presents douches until I have done something better for people in need, especially when I don't know them and they've done nothing to wrong me or anyone that I even know of.

frerottenextelway
01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
http://jaycutlerstolemylunchmoney.blogspot.com/

Keep refreshing the page.

colonelbeef
01-16-2011, 05:13 PM
http://www.rrstar.com/sports/bears/x104375179/Acting-honestly-doesn-t-make-Jay-Cutler-a-jerk

an interesting counterpoint, and one which I subscribe to

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't mind if Rick Reilly got punched in the dick.

gyldenlove
01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Pro tip: I try to avoid calling people who have bought entire kids hospital wards Christmas presents douches until I have done something better for people in need, especially when I don't know them and they've done nothing to wrong me or anyone that I even know of.

Things about Cutler that crack me up:

1. People insisting he is a total dick despite his charitable contributions.

2. People insisting he is no good because he was .500 here, but now that he is winning claim that it is all the defense.

3. People thinking Mcdaniels was a genious and all his actions were little miracles, despite his obvious failures.

Fortunately Cutler (along with a laundrylist of other cockups) will stand as a shining beacon reminding Broncos fans everywhere of just how incompetent Mcdaniels really was and how much he set the team back in less than 2 years - and the best thing about it is that all the tools who were so busy renouncing the skeptics have no where to go and hide.

OrangenBlueOhio
01-16-2011, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=lostknight;3090342]This is the last desperate gasp of the McDaniels fans. If Jay Cutler is worthless, then maybe something in the McDaniels tenure was actually correct.

This is the bottom line. Jay Cutler doesn't get paid to kiss babies and tell jokes, he gets paid to win games. End of debate.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Things about Cutler that crack me up:

1. People insisting he is a total dick despite his charitable contributions.

2. People insisting he is no good because he was .500 here, but now that he is winning claim that it is all the defense.

3. People thinking Mcdaniels was a genious and all his actions were little miracles, despite his obvious failures.

Fortunately Cutler (along with a laundrylist of other cockups) will stand as a shining beacon reminding Broncos fans everywhere of just how incompetent Mcdaniels really was and how much he set the team back in less than 2 years - and the best thing about it is that all the tools who were so busy renouncing the skeptics have no where to go and hide.

1. You can be a dick and charitable. Its not like he is both all the time.

2. 5 years into an NFL career and he still makes reads and plays like he did his rookie year. His footwork is still shoddy. He gets by on pure talent. Kid needs a coach or coordinator to make him play the way he is capable of playing.

3. Obviously McDaniels was a failure, he got fired 28 games in, didnt he?

What is amazing is why anyone cares anymore. The dude is gone. Arguing "Jay sucks" or "Jay rulz" is beyond pathetic. Good for Jay. He ceased to matter when he was no longer a Bronco. Any rehash of an argument now entering its third year is a blatant waste of time.

:Broncos:

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM

2. 5 years into an NFL career and he still makes reads and plays like he did his rookie year. His footwork is still shoddy. He gets by on pure talent. Kid needs a coach or coordinator to make him play the way he is capable of playing.

What is amazing is why anyone cares anymore. The dude is gone. Arguing "Jay sucks" or "Jay rulz" is beyond pathetic. Good for Jay. He ceased to matter when he was no longer a Bronco. Any rehash of an argument now entering its third year is a blatant waste of time.

Wrong. That's when you ceased to be a broncos fan and decided to follow McDaneils and the Patriots. That's when our organization was "detached from the fans" as Elway has been preaching. Elway will get the Cutler question many times over the next two weeks and it will interesting to hear how he answers.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Wrong. That's when you ceased to be a broncos fan and decided to follow McDaneils and the Patriots. That's when our organization was "detached from the fans" as Elway has been preaching. Elway will get the Cutler question many times over the next two weeks and it will interesting to hear how he answers.

Right...

I support the team. Players, coaches, gm's, towelboys are transitory. Crying about players who were traded, cut, let go as FA's is pointless. Calling out fans who disagree with whatever asinine stance you are making is fruitless.

Grow up.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 05:45 PM

While I definitely agree that Jay has been proven right and I'm glad that he's succeeding and dominating and owning all in his path and I really really really hope he wins the title....I dont think you can say that other people "ceased to be a Broncos fan when they decided to follow McD and the Patriots". No one decided to follow the Patriots here, they just naturally supported our coach and some of them were frustrated with the prior regime and happily supported our new coach. Nothing was wrong with that, they were just being Broncos fans and hoping the new guy would succeed, that's perfectly OK. Josh did some good things here and let's not do the same thing to those people that some of them did to us (i.e. call out their fanhood). We're all fans and we all wanted the best thing for our team...just had different ideas.

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Right...

I support the team. Players, coaches, gm's, towelboys are transitory. Crying about players who were traded, cut, let go as FA's is pointless. Calling out fans who disagree with whatever asinine stance you are making is fruitless.

Grow up.

You grow up and admit you were wrong about everything. I have never met a Broncos fan like you - loser. And all you have ever done is call out the Denver Broncos.

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 05:47 PM
While I definitely agree that Jay has been proven right and I'm glad that he's succeeding and dominating and owning all in his path and I really really really hope he wins the title....I dont think you can say that other people "ceased to be a Broncos fan when they decided to follow McD and the Patriots". No one decided to follow the Patriots here, they just naturally supported our coach and some of them were frustrated with the prior regime and happily supported our new coach. Nothing was wrong with that, they were just being Broncos fans and hoping the new guy would succeed, that's perfectly OK. Josh did some good things here and let's not do the same thing to those people that some of them did to us (i.e. call out their fanhood). We're all fans and we all wanted the best thing for our team...just had different ideas.

Bull****. I saw it everyday. Elway came in and made it clear that Josh McDaniels alienated the Broncos fans, betrayed them. Many here supported Josh to the end.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 05:50 PM
You grow up and admit you were wrong about everything. I have never met a Broncos fan like you - loser. And all you have ever done is call out the Denver Broncos.

I welcome you to find evidence of the bolded. Nearly 15,000 posts I should have one "calling out" the Denver Broncos. But hey, keep ****ing that chicken, lil fella.

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I welcome you to find evidence of the bolded. Nearly 15,000 posts I should have one "calling out" the Denver Broncos. But hey, keep ****ing that chicken, lil fella.

Keep running away from your BS.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Bull****. I saw it everyday. Elway came in and made it clear that Josh McDaniels alienated the Broncos fans, betrayed them. Many here supported Josh to the end.

So what? I hated Josh in the beginning but grew to see that he had some good qualities as a coach and I wanted him to do well. People supported him because he was our coach, even if he was imperfect. Yeah...he turned out to be not the right guy, but people were just hoping he would do well and liked some of the things he did. There's nothing wrong with that, man. I hate that Josh traded Jay away, that broke my heart and Josh eventually failed, but he tried hard and did some good things and people had solid reasons to support him.

As far as what Elway says, I don't think its a good idea for Elway to be making self serving statements left and right about how bad it is and how the guy who is no longer here is at fault for everything. Elway hasnt accomplished a single ****ing thing, so he would be best off STFU and working in quiet. He shouldnt even have this job so he should be thankful and shut his mouth. He should act like he's been there before. Josh failed...yes, but people rooted for him because they wanted to see the team succeed. No more and no less. We're all fans of this team...all of us, we just believe in different people and different things.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Keep running away from your BS.

Prove your original thesis. Prove I called out the Broncos.

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 05:56 PM
So what? I hated Josh in the beginning but grew to see that he had some good qualifies as a coach and I wanted him to do well. People supported him because he was our coach, even if he was imperfect. Yeah...he turned out to be not the right guy, but people were just hoping he would do well and liked some of the things he did. There's nothing wrong with that, man. I hate that Josh traded Jay away, that broke my heart and Josh eventually failed, but he tried hard and did some good things and people had solid reasons to support him.

As far as what Elway says, I don't think its a good idea for Elway to be making self serving statements left and right about how bad it is and how the guy who is no longer here is at fault for everything. Elway hasnt accomplished a single ****ing thing, so he would be best off STFU and working in quiet. He shouldnt even have this job so he should be thankful and shut his mouth. He should act like he's been there before. Josh failed...yes, but people rooted for him because they wanted to see the team succeed. No more and no less. We're all fans of this team...all of us, we just believe in different people and different things.

I'm headed out to have Sushi so got to go, but Elway is handling this perfectly. When you are trying to extricate a disease (McD footprint) you have to open the Kimona. I applaud what he has done. We don't know half of the atrocities that McD committed. This is cleansing time. Elway and FO know it.

Gort
01-16-2011, 06:32 PM

Cutler would rarely come up on this site anymore, except that there is a hardcore of 8-10 Cutler nuthuggers who absolutely love the guy and would have his emo baby if they could... they won't let it die. what's really funny is that every one of them argues like a 4 year old. anybody who doesn't like Cutler must automatically be a McD lover in their minds and that's their whole argument. i like to see Cutler fail. the same way i like to see Roethlisraper fail. or Rivers fail. or Manning fail. but you can't say that here without those Cutler lovers getting their panties all wadded up.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm headed out to have Sushi so got to go, but Elway is handling this perfectly. When you are trying to extricate a disease (McD footprint) you have to open the Kimona. I applaud what he has done. We don't know half of the atrocities that McD committed. This is cleansing time. Elway and FO know it.

You really need to tone down the rhetoric, sunshine. A football team going through tough times is not an atrocity.

Twit.

colonelbeef
01-16-2011, 06:48 PM

while you are right, you'd be much better served explaining how stupid these arguments are to those who continue to be wrong and vocal, not those who are right and explanatory.

I wouldnt be arguing these points anymore if there weren't morons who still subscribe to them.

Odysseus
01-16-2011, 07:54 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=6017986

I have a lot of respect for Jay Cutler and don't have any issues with who he is or how he carries himself. I understand why he does things the way he does and don't take it as some kind of personal insult.

If you are a reporter and you get paid on people talking to you. Who are you going to blow kisses at and who are you going to look for trash to talk about?

I agree with Jay. **** em.

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Look, all this McDaniels vs. Cutler stuff isn't worth debating anymore. Cutler is taking his divisional winner to the NFC Championship, and McDaniels is spending a lot of time with his wife. Cutler wins...

bronco610
01-16-2011, 11:10 PM
I would give my opinion but as a 6 vs. a 9 fan, I guess I am not qualified!!!

Kaylore
01-16-2011, 11:22 PM
This is the last desperate gasp of the McDaniels fans. If Jay Cutler is worthless, then maybe something in the McDaniels tenure was actually correct.

Is that what you think? That if you have a problem with Cutler or how carried himself you're a "McDaniels lover?" Like its not possible that turnover mcmoody pants could be a dick and Mcdaniels a poor head coach too? And I don't think buying kids gifts gives you license to treat others disrespectfully. Cutler has been aloof, rude and carried himself with an air of entitlement. I could handle his fanboys if they would at least acknowledge he has weaknesses or at the very least areas he can improve. They don't. SoCal is the worst in this. When a story comes out about his drinking or he has multi-pick game game he usually responds with a juvenile "yawn" and refuses to even admit something bad happened. That's what sticks in my craw. I actually couldn't care less about Cutler himself. Its his lame, cult-like fanboys around here who pretend there's nothing wrong with him and bend over backwards making pathetic excuses for him. At least be even-handed. Admitting someone makes mistakes won't make him any worse off.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Is that what you think? That if you have a problem with Cutler or how carried himself you're a "McDaniels lover?" Like its not possible that turnover mcmoody pants could be a dick and Mcdaniels a poor head coach too? And I don't think buying kids gifts gives you license to treat others disrespectfully. Cutler has been aloof, rude and carried himself with an air of entitlement. I could handle his fanboys if they would at least acknowledge he has weaknesses or at the very least areas he can improve. They don't. SoCal is the worst in this. When a story comes out about his drinking or he has multi-pick game game he usually responds with a juvenile "yawn" and refuses to even admit something bad happened. That's what sticks in my craw. I actually couldn't care less about Cutler himself. Its his lame, cult-like fanboys around here who pretend there's nothing wrong with him and bend over backwards making pathetic excuses for him. At least be even-handed. Admitting someone makes mistakes won't make him any worse off.

I don't see a lot of Cutler fans claiming he is flawless. I know a guy who played ball at Northwestern with my cousin who also made the Bears squad last year (gone now due to leg injury). He says Cutler is a dick but one of the most competitive, confident and talented football players he's ever seen. Young Elway was more like a young Cutler than a young Tebow. Is Cutler mistake-prone due to his style of play and mechanics? Absolutely, but he's getting better the 2nd year in Martz's system, exactly what he did his 2nd year here. He is a franchise QB you build around who can go toe-to-toe against any QB in the league. He is not an average QB and he is proven he can elevate his team to victory. I argue Cutler's side because the trade was the worst mistake McDaniels made and the primary reason our organization is in the dumps. Tweak the offense, draft for defense sh*t head! This mistake will haunt us for a while unless we get a guy like Cutler who can lead us to victory. Tebow is our best hope but way behind Cutler.

Sadly, Cutler would have saved McDaniels' job. And, Anecdotally, it does seem that most of the Cutler haters are McDaniel's nutswingers.

CEH
01-17-2011, 07:59 AM
I don't see a lot of Cutler fans claiming he is flawless. I know a guy who played ball at Northwestern with my cousin who also made the Bears squad last year (gone now due to leg injury). He says Cutler is a dick but one of the most competitive, confident and talented football players he's ever seen. Young Elway was more like a young Cutler than a young Tebow. Is Cutler mistake-prone due to his style of play and mechanics? Absolutely, but he's getting better the 2nd year in Martz's system, exactly what he did his 2nd year here. He is a franchise QB you build around who can go toe-to-toe against any QB in the league. He is not an average QB and he is proven he can elevate his team to victory. I argue Cutler's side because the trade was the worst mistake McDaniels made and the primary reason our organization is in the dumps. Tweak the offense, draft for defense sh*t head! This mistake will haunt us for a while unless we get a guy like Cutler who can lead us to victory. Tebow is our best hope but way behind Cutler.

Sadly, Cutler would have saved McDaniels' job. And, Anecdotally, it does seem that most of the Cutler haters are McDaniel's nutswingers.

Nice post. I bet you will not find one thread or post on Jan 30 2009 calling to trade Cutler. Talent wins in this league. We are seeing what the Broncos PR dept will do to you if you piss them off. Look at how they just don't move on from Josh but at any media opportunity throw subtle and not so subtle barbs at Josh

Cutler in an ESPN interview the day after he met with Josh said point blank "I don't trust Josh ". At that point he made a decision to part ways
Turned out to be pretty prophetic

jhns
01-17-2011, 08:03 AM

1) This is football and you are crying that people don't whine about a players personality....

2) None of us know Cutler so your entire point is just dumb...

3) This is football, not where you go to find dates.

4) Cutler spends way more time and money helping the those in need than any of us, guaranteed.

5) This is football. Why are you obsessed with personalities? You do realize the players aren't going to date you, right?

6) This entire article is laughable and people that believe it should be laughed at. Anyone with a second grade education could figure out that it is made up gossip. As if a journalist is just keeping all of this to himself when all of the Cutler/McDaniels drama unfolded just so he could pop it out two years after most of the world doesn't care anymore....

7-9) This is football. Why are you all making Bronco fans look bad by making it all about personality?

10) When the discussion has been football (like that happens), when exactly has anyone claimed he didn't have stuff to work on? He is a young QB in the NFL.... Of course he has stuff to work on. Why would it upset you even if people don't talk about this stuff?

Don't worry, someday you may become a man.

jhns
01-17-2011, 08:10 AM

Great post. You pointed out one thing that makes a lot of these McDaniels fans look dumb. The media used to say the exact same crap about Elways personality. Someone even used to post an old SI cover that said "Will Elway ever grow up?" and talked about how immature and cocky he was.

That sure turned out horribly for us! I can't believe we went with that immature QB for so long! If only we had dumped him early, this franchise could have gone places!

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 08:22 AM

Good post, but it's actually still Cutler's first year in Martz's system, not his 2nd.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Good post, but it's actually still Cutler's first year in Martz's system, not his 2nd.

Thanks, yes, you're right.

Odysseus
01-17-2011, 08:36 AM
1) This is football and you are crying that people don't whine about a players personality....

2) None of us know Cutler so your entire point is just dumb...

3) This is football, not where you go to find dates.

4) Cutler spends way more time and money helping the those in need than any of us, guaranteed.

5) This is football. Why are you obsessed with personalities? You do realize the players aren't going to date you, right?

6) This entire article is laughable and people that believe it should be laughed at. Anyone with a second grade education could figure out that it is made up gossip. As if a journalist is just keeping all of this to himself when all of the Cutler/McDaniels drama unfolded just so he could pop it out two years after most of the world doesn't care anymore....

7-9) This is football. Why are you all making Bronco fans look bad by making it all about personality?

10) When the discussion has been football (like that happens), when exactly has anyone claimed he didn't have stuff to work on? He is a young QB in the NFL.... Of course he has stuff to work on. Why would it upset you even if people don't talk about this stuff?

Don't worry, someday you may become a man.

Kaylore is a good dude. In many's eyes he IS the man. I remember when he started his off season reports. I enjoyed what he accomplished with that.

This is football. Remember? It's not personal.

jhns
01-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Kaylore is a good dude. In many's eyes he IS the man. I remember when he started his off season reports. I enjoyed what he accomplished with that.

This is football. Remember? It's not personal.

I used to like his reports as well. He still isn't a man. No man cries about personalities in the way the girls here do. No man cries that they don't like others because they won't cry about a football players personality.

Sorry, I just state facts. It's nothing personal. I don't dislike the girls for being the way they are.

2KBack
01-17-2011, 08:52 AM

This is basically the kind of post that Kaylore is talking about. In one breath you claim that Cutler isn't Flawless, has poor mechanics, and is turnover prone....then you claim that he is great. That he can go "toe-to-toe" with any QB in the league. Basically you ignore your own attempts at objective
review.

By any measure you can find Jay Cutler is an average QB. Even by your assessment he is a dick. The obsessive way some people worship the guy is astounding.

I mean look at it completely objectively. The Denver offense scored more points per game than the Chicago offense... think about that for a second because the Denver offense wasn't exactly great. That's with Devin Hester averaging 36 yard per kick off return, and 17 per punt! Cutler was the most important player on an offense that was 21st in the league with some of the best field position in the league. Give Denver the 4th ranked scoring defense in the league and see how good the team looks.

Hell the 2006 Bears were better in every way, Rex grossman led them to the 2nd ranked scoring offense in the league.

From my perspective there is no reason to think that Cutler is anything but an average QB who is kind of a dick.

baja
01-17-2011, 08:55 AM
I used to like his reports as well. He still isn't a man. No man cries about personalities in the way the girls here do. No man cries that they don't like others because they won't cry about a football players personality.

Sorry, I just state facts. It's nothing personal. I don't dislike the girls for being the way they are.

My guess is women aren't chasing you very hard.

baja
01-17-2011, 08:58 AM
This is basically the kind of post that Kaylore is talking about. In one breath you claim that Cutler isn't Flawless, has poor mechanics, and is turnover prone....then you claim that he is great. That he can go "toe-to-toe" with any QB in the league. Basically you ignore your own attempts at objective
review.

By any measure you can find Jay Cutler is an average QB. Even by your assessment he is a dick. The obsessive way some people worship the guy is astounding.

I mean look at it completely objectively. <b> The Denver offense scored more points per game than the Chicago offense... think about that for a second because the Denver offense wasn't exactly great. That's with Devin Hester averaging 36 yard per kick off return, and 17 per punt! Cutler was the most important player on an offense that was 21st in the league with some of the best field position in the league.</b> Give Denver the 4th ranked scoring defense in the league and see how good the team looks.

Hell the 2006 Bears were better in every way, Rex grossman led them to the 2nd ranked scoring offense in the league.

From my perspective there is no reason to think that Cutler is anything but an average QB who is kind of a dick.

Wow that's an eye popper. Didn't know that.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 09:02 AM
This is basically the kind of post that Kaylore is talking about. In one breath you claim that Cutler isn't Flawless, has poor mechanics, and is turnover prone....then you claim that he is great.

I never said he was great, you did. Bellicheat says he's as good as any QB in the league. I wouldn't go that far yet but he can go toe-to-toe against anyone.

And your teams stats don't mean **** in this argument. Average QBs do not lead 5 4th quarter comeback/game winning drives with the worst O-line in the league. They just don't. For me, the ability to elevate your team against good defenses when you are behind in the 4th qtr is the very definition of above average.

jhns
01-17-2011, 09:02 AM
My guess is women aren't chasing you very hard.

Yeah, they all want little girls for boyfriends. I bet you guys get much more play.

frerottenextelway
01-17-2011, 09:15 AM
All the stats aside, all you have to do is watch the games to see who is making key plays and who isn't. All 4 remaining QBs are playing well, while ironically Brady has lost 3 straight playoff games and played poorly in all of them.

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah, they all want little girls for boyfriends. I bet you guys get much more play.

Cutler is just an average quarterback.

jhns
01-17-2011, 09:20 AM

That is your opinion. I think he is the second best QB to ever play the game, right behind Elway.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 09:21 AM

Yep, average so far in the playoffs:

1 Aaron Rodgers, QB GB 63 49 77.8 546 8.67 34 6 0 4 134.5 273
2 Jay Cutler, QB CHI 28 15 53.6 274 9.79 58 2 0 3 111.3 274
3 Peyton Manning, QB IND 26 18 69.2 225 8.65 57 1 0 1 108.7 225
4 Matt Hasselbeck, QB SEA 81 48 59.3 530 6.54 46 7 1 3 102.4 265
5 Ben Roethlisberger, QB PIT 32 19 59.4 226 7.06 58 2 0 6 101.8 226
6 Drew Brees, QB NO 60 39 65.0 404 6.73 40 2 0 1 95.4 404
7 Mark Sanchez, QB NYJ 56 34 60.7 383 6.84 58 3 1 1 91.6 192
8 Joe Flacco, QB BAL 64 41 64.1 390 6.09 28 3 1 9 90.0 195
9 Tom Brady, QB NE 45 29 64.4 299 6.64 37 2 1 5 89.0 299
10 Michael Vick, QB PHI 36 20 55.6 292 8.11 44 1 1 3 79.9 292

2KBack
01-17-2011, 09:22 AM
I never said he was great, you did. Bellicheat says he's as good as any QB in the league. I wouldn't go that far yet but he can go toe-to-toe against anyone.

And your teams stats don't mean **** in this argument. Average QBs do not lead 5 4th quarter comeback/game winning drives with the worst O-line in the league. They just don't. For me, the ability to elevate your team against good defenses when you are behind in the 4th qtr is the very definition of above average.

Why do my stats not mean anything but yours do? If a player is incompetent and perhaps leads his team to the fourth quarter deficit, why are they "above average" because they finally got it right in the end? Jake Plummer was the leading active QB in fourth quarter comebacks when he was playing. Was Jake average, good, great even?

The question is, why is Chicago behind in the fourth quarter when their Defense gives up an average of 17 points a game?

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 09:22 AM
That is your opinion. I think he is the second best QB to ever play the game, right behind Elway.

There's a shocker.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Why do my stats not mean anything but yours do? If a player is incompetent and perhaps leads his team to the fourth quarter deficit, why are they "above average" because they finally got it right in the end? Jake Plummer was the leading active QB in fourth quarter comebacks when he was playing. Was Jake average, good, great even?

The question is, why is Chicago behind in the fourth quarter when their Defense gives up an average of 17 points a game?

So now Jay was incompetent yet led his team to wins? Huh? Your usage of "team" stats are irrelevant to this "player" argument.

jhns
01-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Why do my stats not mean anything but yours do?

Because you don't even understand the team stats that you put out there...

Odysseus
01-17-2011, 09:27 AM

I respect the guys who post information. I might agree. I might disagree but he makes this board a better place regardless of his man skills. He posted a shaving thread. Did you know that? I like shaving with a straight razor now. Who knew!

The biggest issue I have is when people have no clue how to leave other posters alone. Rub some dirt in it. Get over it. Kaylore is just being himself and it does not make you a better man for throwing rocks across the playground. We are just fans. We don't pick the players. We don't pick the coaches. We cannot draft anybody. We cannot even keep our stadium named the way we want or lower ticket prices.

It's binary. You are either Go Broncos or Broncos suck. It's not much else to this posting on a Sports message board.

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 09:28 AM

John Elway frowns at your argument.

Odysseus
01-17-2011, 09:30 AM

Thanks for throwing a bone to Jake. I like his heart. The Broncos were beat down puppies when he arrive.

People don't remember history, despise facts and often confuse what they WANT to read with what was written. It's all good!

frerottenextelway
01-17-2011, 09:30 AM
He may have ended up the starter anyways, but for all practical purposes the fans named Tebow the starter for next year.

jhns
01-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I respect the guys who post information. I might agree. I might disagree but he makes this board a better place regardless of his man skills. He posted a shaving thread. Did you know that? I like shaving with a straight razor now. Who knew!

The biggest issue I have is when people have no clue how to leave other posters alone. Rub some dirt in it. Get over it. Kaylore is just being himself and it does not make you a better man for throwing rocks across the playground. We are just fans. We don't pick the players. We don't pick the coaches. We cannot draft anybody. We cannot even keep our stadium named the way we want or lower ticket prices.

It's binary. You are either Go Broncos or Broncos suck. It's not much else to this posting on a Sports message board.

Nothing you are saying applies to what he is posting in these Cutler threads. He just got done crying that others won't hate on Jay even though he doesn't approve of his personality. How is that informative? I'm not even sure what you are going on about now so I think I will just stop having this conversation. I don't care about Kaylore. I'm just having fun making fun of all the little girls here.

Odysseus
01-17-2011, 09:35 AM
All the stats aside, all you have to do is watch the games to see who is making key plays and who isn't. All 4 remaining QBs are playing well, while ironically Brady has lost 3 straight playoff games and played poorly in all of them.

Exactly. Statistics can be interpreted, manipulated, and argued about on a variety levels. The trick to uncovering truth is identifying the exceptions and then proving your point with predictions.

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Fun fact:

Cutler is undefeated against Pittsburgh and the Jets in his career and already beat Green Bay at home this year.

:lombardi:

2KBack
01-17-2011, 09:41 AM
So now Jay was incompetent yet led his team to wins? Huh? Your usage of "team" stats are irrelevant to this "player" argument.

you do realize that you can't separate the player and the team right? Try all you might, it doesn't work in football. It isn't the Chicago Cutlers, not every win can be attributed to Jay alone. You guys just sure love trying though. No one mentions that the score was an amazing Matt Forte run for almost 90 yards on a screen pass (week 1), they just say look at all those TD passes! No one give the Oline credit for allowing exponentially fewer sacks and running the ball much better after the bye week, it's that cutler is a winner. Let's not discuss that the Bears only allowed greater than 20 points in a game 4 times all season. You get where I'm going? No one is objectively judging Cutler....you refuse. You make excuses and act like he should be judged outside of the team statistics...except for wins of course. Wins are because of Cutler....the rest of the teams stats are for everyone else.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 09:47 AM
you do realize that you can't separate the player and the team right? Try all you might, it doesn't work in football. It isn't the Chicago Cutlers, not every win can be attributed to Jay alone. You guys just sure love trying though. No one mentions that the score was an amazing Matt Forte run for almost 90 yards on a screen pass (week 1), they just say look at all those TD passes! No one give the Oline credit for allowing exponentially fewer sacks and running the ball much better after the bye week, it's that cutler is a winner. Let's not discuss that the Bears only allowed greater than 20 points in a game 4 times all season. You get where I'm going? No one is objectively judging Cutler....you refuse. You make excuses and act like he should be judged outside of the team statistics...except for wins of course. Wins are because of Cutler....the rest of the teams stats are for everyone else.

At this point, I'm completely lost on what you are trying to argue. If that was your intention, you achieved it. I get it - you believe Jay is average (because of an 88.9 passer rating) and has been riding his defense all year. I'll tell you, however, that Jay's "teammates" don't agree with you.

Denver Broncos need this type of average QB play very badly. We could have used those 5 average 4th quarter comebacks this year.

chadta
01-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Yep, average so far in the playoffs:

1 Aaron Rodgers, QB GB 63 49 77.8 546 8.67 34 6 0 4 134.5 273
2 Jay Cutler, QB CHI 28 15 53.6 274 9.79 58 2 0 3 111.3 274
3 Peyton Manning, QB IND 26 18 69.2 225 8.65 57 1 0 1 108.7 225
4 Matt Hasselbeck, QB SEA 81 48 59.3 530 6.54 46 7 1 3 102.4 265
5 Ben Roethlisberger, QB PIT 32 19 59.4 226 7.06 58 2 0 6 101.8 226
6 Drew Brees, QB NO 60 39 65.0 404 6.73 40 2 0 1 95.4 404
7 Mark Sanchez, QB NYJ 56 34 60.7 383 6.84 58 3 1 1 91.6 192
8 Joe Flacco, QB BAL 64 41 64.1 390 6.09 28 3 1 9 90.0 195
9 Tom Brady, QB NE 45 29 64.4 299 6.64 37 2 1 5 89.0 299
10 Michael Vick, QB PHI 36 20 55.6 292 8.11 44 1 1 3 79.9 292

sorry stopped readin at the bold part

i mean if you try to prove somebody is not average, dont put up stats that show he has the lowest completion percentage in the league, after playing a game against the worst team to EVER make the playoffs

Gort
01-17-2011, 09:48 AM

arguing facts won't work with them.

they are gay for jay.

how gay? you may ask...

well, picture a room full of geeks and nerds. then in walks Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, the guy who played Jean Luc Picard and the Borg chick in the tight body suit. then look at the faces of the geeks and nerds once they realize they are standing in the presence of their idols. now multiply that by 100 and you have a better understanding for how "gay for jay" these people are.

no matter what facts you present, you can't shake them from their crushes on Frown Cannon. even the fact that Frown Cannon has contempt for them and considers them sixes is ignored.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 09:48 AM

i mean if you try to prove somebody is not average, dont put up stats that show he has the lowest completion percentage in the league, after playing a game against the worst team to EVER make the playoffs

4 touchdowns dude.

2KBack
01-17-2011, 10:00 AM
At this point, I'm completely lost on what you are trying to argue. If that was your intention, you achieved it. I get it - you believe Jay is average (because of an 88.9 passer rating) and has been riding his defense all year. I'll tell you, however, that Jay's "teammates" don't agree with you.

Denver Broncos need this type of average QB play very badly. We could have used those 5 average 4th quarter comebacks this year.

HaHa! Okay, the fact that you think Adding Cutler to our team would have meant jack **** this past season tell me everything I need. You don't understand football teams.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 10:05 AM
HaHa! Okay, the fact that you think Adding Cutler to our team would have meant jack **** this past season tell me everything I need. You don't understand football teams.

Ok Grand Puba, "keeping" Jay Cutler and "adding" some strong defensive support wouldn't have made a difference at all.

2KBack
01-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Ok Grand Puba, "keeping" Jay Cutler and "adding" some strong defensive support wouldn't have made a difference at all.

Actually, never drafting Jay Cutler and adding defensive support might have, but I doubt you would have been on board with that plan would you?

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 10:09 AM

Well... he won twice as many games dealing with a comparable defensive ineptitude in 2008, so I think his point is extremely valid.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Actually, never drafting Jay Cutler and adding defensive support might have, but I doubt you would have been on board with that plan would you?

I wouldn't have minded. I loved Plummer.

2KBack
01-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Well... he won twice as many games dealing with a comparable defensive ineptitude in 2008, so I think his point is extremely valid.

He didn't deal with the other ineptitude's from this season in 2008 though; Background cheating drama's...injuries to the only defenders that make a play one in a while...injuries to the o-lineman....rookies at key positions on the o-line...A RB stable even more bare than in 2008...a HC fired with 4 games left...vast improvement by the usual AFC cellar Dwellers.

In my eyes it wasn't trading Cutler that was the mistake (I think it's safe to say I'm not a fan)...the mistake was not taking the bounty and getting the much needed D help. The same mistake that was made when he was drafted.

Gutless Drunk
01-17-2011, 10:18 AM
"We all get judged in this business with wins and losses," McDaniels said.

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13480739

Might have been the only thing he was right about

2KBack
01-17-2011, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't have minded. I loved Plummer.

Okay... I don't think we are far off then. I don't like Cutler mostly because I think he is overvalued. I was psyched to get all those picks for him...not psyched with how they were used. If the picks from that trade were used exclusively on fixing the defense I don't think we would ever discuss Cutler on here again.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 10:21 AM
He didn't deal with the other ineptitude's from this season in 2008 though; Background cheating drama's...injuries to the only defenders that make a play one in a while...injuries to the o-lineman....rookies at key positions on the o-line...A RB stable even more bare than in 2008...a HC fired with 4 games left...vast improvement by the usual AFC cellar Dwellers.

In my eyes it wasn't trading Cutler that was the mistake (I think it's safe to say I'm not a fan)...the mistake was not taking the bounty and getting the much needed D help. The same mistake that was made when he was drafted.

But at some point, you have to draft a QBOTF to build your franchise around, correct? Shanny led Young, Montana, Elway so I was pretty damn confident in his pick at the time especially given that we rarely had such a high 1st round opportunity.

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 10:22 AM

Well... he had 1 rookie at his blindside and 2 other first time starters and the other two people say are "terrible" so whatever.

That aside, please tell me you're kidding about the RB stable part.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Okay... I don't think we are far off then. I don't like Cutler mostly because I think he is overvalued. I was psyched to get all those picks for him...not psyched with how they were used. If the picks from that trade were used exclusively on fixing the defense I don't think we would ever discuss Cutler on here again.

On board with this. But I do like Cutler. One of the reasons I want him to succeed is so that McDaniels can carry that tramp stamp wherever he goes.

2KBack
01-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Well... he had 1 rookie at his blindside and 2 other first time starters and the other two people say are "terrible" so whatever.

That aside, please tell me you're kidding about the RB stable part.

I should probably add there is probably some difference in Shanahan being the coach and McD being the coach.

As for the RB, I'm kidding per say. The 2008 team did have Hillis up until week 13, and since he's better than Moreno, then the 4th string running back from 2008 was better than our 1st string this season :)

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 10:44 AM
I should probably add there is probably some difference in Shanahan being the coach and McD being the coach.

As for the RB, I'm kidding per say. The 2008 team did have Hillis up until week 13, and since he's better than Moreno, then the 4th string running back from 2008 was better than our 1st string this season :)

I certainly won't argue about Shanahan being cosmically superior to McD.

frerottenextelway
01-17-2011, 10:47 AM
The mistake was hiring McDaniels. That should be obvious now given the pissant couldn't even make it 2 years. Everything since then is the fallout from hiring the franchise killer.

srphoenix
01-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Fun fact:

Cutler is undefeated against Pittsburgh and the Jets in his career and already beat Green Bay at home this year.

:lombardi:

another fun fact: he lost at Green Bay and threw 2 INTs, as well as at least an additional 2 balls that hit DB's in the hands, he was also sacked 6 times that game. In the game the Bears won in Chicago against Green Bay the Packers had 18 penalties and still only lost by a field goal with 4 seconds left.

The Packers are going to dominate the Bears this weekend and Cutler will have at least 2 INTs.

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Cutler pissed down his leg in the first three opportunities to lead a team to the playoffs. He's carrying through with his fourth opportunity. Good for him. Took him too long to be a big enough leader to do that. Now that he's done that, he could be very good.

jhns
01-17-2011, 10:54 AM
The mistake was hiring McDaniels. That should be obvious now given the pissant couldn't even make it 2 years. Everything since then is the fallout from hiring the franchise killer.

This. I find it really weird that the McDaniels fans have stuck around to defend his moves. It is pretty obvious that he didn't have good personnel moves when we turn into the worst this franchise has been in decades because of them. It is obvious that the organization doesn't agree with McDaniels fans as he has been fired. You would think they would get the point.

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 10:57 AM
another fun fact: he lost at Green Bay and threw 2 INTs, as well as at least an additional 2 balls that hit DB's in the hands, he was also sacked 6 times that game. In the game the Bears won in Chicago against Green Bay the Packers had 18 penalties and still only lost by a field goal with 4 seconds left.

The Packers are going to dominate the Bears this weekend and Cutler will have at least 2 INTs.

Ummm despite all that, not even mentioning that Chicago had locked up the 2 seed and wild card bye, it was still a one score game IN GREEN BAY.

God speed. You'll need it.

bendog
01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
you'd think these losers were in a divorce with lambchop ... and got screwed in the process. lol

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 11:00 AM
This. I find it really weird that the McDaniels fans have stuck around to defend his moves. It is pretty obvious that he didn't have good personnel moves when we turn into the worst this franchise has been in decades because of them. It is obvious that the organization doesn't agree with McDaniels fans as he has been fired. You would think they would get the point.

The Hillis and Marshall trades and the drafting of Alphonso Smith were far worse moves than trading Cutler. And I don't mind Hillis and Marshall are gone.

McDaniels' first draft was atrocious. Something you can't figure out for a few years.

The cheating was the end of the road.

jhns
01-17-2011, 11:09 AM
The Hillis and Marshall trades and the drafting of Alphonso Smith were far worse moves than trading Cutler. And I don't mind Hillis and Marshall are gone.

McDaniels' first draft was atrocious. Something you can't figure out for a few years.

Pretty much every move was horrible. I like Tebow and Lloyd. Other than that, every good player he brought in is on the wrong side of 30(and Lloyd is like 29 I think). That is pretty sad news for a rebuilding team. Even Tebow hasn't proven to be good yet. He has just proven that he deserves a chance to start. The other rookies may be good but they still need to be developed and we won't know for some time. The Cutler move was by far the worst of them.

Let's put it this way. There were two teams involved in that trade. Both had about the same record when the trade happened. One team is now in the NFCCG and the other has the 2nd overall pick. I will go with the franchise that has shown it knows how to build a winner and say having Cutler over Orton and those firsts is the way to go...

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Wrong. Cutler should have been the best one. Four Round 1 picks in two years, and a quarterback. If he had used those to fix the defense, and making better personnel decisions on defense, no one except jayhns would care that Cutler is gone. Instead, he drafted a RB, WR and QB in Round 1.

jhns
01-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Wrong. Cutler should have been the best one. Four Round 1 picks in two years, and a quarterback. If he had used those to fix the defense, and making better personnel decisions on defense, no one except jayhns would care that Cutler is gone. Instead, he drafted a RB, WR and QB in Round 1.

He couldn't do that though. He tore apart the offense when he got rid of Cutler. Sheffler and Marshall suddenly hated being here after that, so they also had to go. The o-line wasn't nearly good enough to protect **** Orton, so we had to spend more resources there... It goes on and on.

Now if we had kept Cutler, then we could have focused on the defense and left the offense alone. The only position that needed addressed then was LG. Maybe we still would have needed RB since McDaniels doesn't know talent and let the talented ones we had go. It still wouldn't have been a first round need.

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Scheffler is a crybaby who wanted his binkies back (Shanahan and Cutler). Marshall just wanted money, so we shipped him off and signed a guy who had better numbers than Marshall. Those are the only three starters that were shipped out, so not the mass exodus you idiots bitch and moan about so much.

I'm trying to remember what's been done with the Marshall picks...

Either way, trading Cutler really is trivial. He's not as good as jayhns thinks, and what Denver got in return was far more valuable than Cutler himself.

jhns
01-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Scheffler is a crybaby who wanted his binkies back (Shanahan and Cutler). Marshall just wanted money, so we shipped him off and signed a guy who had better numbers than Marshall. Those are the only three starters that were shipped out, so not the mass exodus you idiots b**** and moan about so much.

Either way, trading Cutler really is trivial. He's not as good as jayhns thinks, and what Denver got in return was far more valuable than Cutler himself.

Wow, you are really uneducated when it comes to the Broncos. First off, we had Lloyd well before Marshall was shipped out. It would be them two together if he was still here...

Second, they were not the only starters shipped out. Weigmann is starting on one of the best rushing teams in the league, which has also been much improved in pass protection since he got there. He was shipped out because Orton was our starter (which is because of the Cutler trade....). Hamilton, who probably only had a season left anyways, was shipped out because Orton was our starter... Hillis and Torain are both good RBs and both were shipped out because McDaniels doesn't recognize talent.

Yeah, what we got in return is far more valuable! That is why we have gotten much worse (# 2 pick worse) and the team that gave up all that great value for Cutler has only gotten better (to the point of being one of the best teams in the league). Oh, and we didn't need to address the offense at all after Cutler was given away! We just then had to replace most of the positions!

Way to make sense.

bendog
01-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Scheffler is a crybaby who wanted his binkies back (Shanahan and Cutler). Marshall just wanted money, so we shipped him off and signed a guy who had better numbers than Marshall. Those are the only three starters that were shipped out, so not the mass exodus you idiots b**** and moan about so much.

that remains to be seen. two of the guys can't seem to remain able to play.

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Wow, you are really uneducated when it comes to the Broncos. First off, we had Lloyd well before Marshall was shipped out. It would be them two together if he was still here...

Second, they were not the only starters shipped out. Weigmann is starting on one of the best rushing teams in the league, which has also been much improved in pass protection since he got there. He was shipped out because Orton was our starter (which is because of the Cutler trade....). Hamilton, who probably only had a season left anyways, was shipped out because Orton was our starter... Hillis and Torain are both good RBs and both were shipped out because McDaniels doesn't recognize talent.

Yeah, what we got in return is far more valuable! That is why we have gotten much worse (# 2 pick worse) and the team that gave up all that great value for Cutler has only gotten better (to the point of being one of the best teams in the league). Oh, and we didn't need to address the offense at all after Cutler was given away! We just then had to replace most of the positions!

Way to make sense.

Uneducated? Lloyd doesn't do what he did this year if Marshall is on this team. Maybe he goes for 700 or 800 yards, but he certainly doesn't go for 1400, and 11 TDs.

There were only 334 passes to go around. So, logically looking at the numbers, someones production goes down. Its the same stupid argument people use for Hillis. You don't just add what they did elsewhere to the Broncos numbers and say, "see, we would have been better." It doesn't work like that.

Wait, how were Hamilton and Weigmann leaving Orton's fault? That doesn't even make sense. I guess you're saying they left in FA because they didn't like Orton. I doubt that's the case, especially with Wiegmann who got a chance to go back to where he wanted to play.

As far as return value, Denver got the steal. Return on investment is where Denver screwed themselves by not drafting well. And saying that trade is why Chicago is good and Denver is bad (because that's what you're suggesting) is flat supid.

bendog
01-17-2011, 12:16 PM
As far as return value, Denver got the steal. Return on investment is where Denver screwed themselves by not drafting well. And saying that trade is why Chicago is good and Denver is bad (because that's what you're suggesting) is flat supid
--
did you think about that before typing it?

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 12:28 PM
As far as return value, Denver got the steal. Return on investment is where Denver screwed themselves by not drafting well. And saying that trade is why Chicago is good and Denver is bad (because that's what you're suggesting) is flat supid
--
did you think about that before typing it?

Yeah. Does it boggle your mind?

Denver got more value. A starting quarterback, two first round picks and a fourth for a starting quarterback and a third.

Take the players out of the deal. Who got better value?

Now, let's look at return on investment. Two years later because of bad drafting and quarterback play...

jhns
01-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Uneducated? Lloyd doesn't do what he did this year if Marshall is on this team. Maybe he goes for 700 or 800 yards, but he certainly doesn't go for 1400, and 11 TDs.

There were only 334 passes to go around. So, logically looking at the numbers, someones production goes down. Its the same stupid argument people use for Hillis. You don't just add what they did elsewhere to the Broncos numbers and say, "see, we would have been better." It doesn't work like that.

Wait, how were Hamilton and Weigmann leaving Orton's fault? That doesn't even make sense. I guess you're saying they left in FA because they didn't like Orton. I doubt that's the case, especially with Wiegmann who got a chance to go back to where he wanted to play.

As far as return value, Denver got the steal. Return on investment is where Denver screwed themselves by not drafting well. And saying that trade is why Chicago is good and Denver is bad (because that's what you're suggesting) is flat supid.

Where did this production argument come from? Are you really claiming Marshall and Lloyd wouldn't be better than Gaffney and Lloyd? If so, wtf? Your argument doesn't really make sense though. We would have a completely different number of passes if all of the players were different. Of course the production would be different. It doesn't change what the players bring to the table. Maybe Lloyd ends up with 20+ more catched because of the double teams being on Marshall instead of him....

Weigmann and Hamilton both left because our blocking went to crap with Orton. It was McDaniels choice to get rid of them. Cutler covered up some of the lines weaknesses. We got rid of Cutler and the line became a big issue. This is a fact. They allowed the fewest sacks in the league, then the very next year with Orton, they sucked... Why would Wiegmann leave just to play in KC? He could have done that before coming to Denver in the first place...

Again, Chicago has obviously shown they are the ones who know how to build. This fact seems to be going right over your head. A big part of their build was giving up significant resources for Cutler. They are now far better. Now here you are, arguing that the team who is much worse is the one that got the better end of the deal. Funny stuff.

Inkana7
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
ugh this thread

HURF DURF CUTLER

frerottenextelway
01-17-2011, 12:46 PM
If we put our resources into the Defense instead of playing around with the entire Offense the past 2 years, maybe our guys would be playing in a Championship game instead of golfing.

The good news is we appear to have learned our lesson, although it was a painful lesson to learn.

jhns
01-17-2011, 12:46 PM

Denver got more value. A starting quarterback, two first round picks and a fourth for a starting quarterback and a third.

Now, let's look at return on investment. Two years later because of bad drafting and quarterback play...

We didn't get a starting QB in return. We got a backup QB that was forced to start in return. This is proven by the fact that even McDaniels was trying to replace that QB right away. Every time that Orton has started a season, the team he started for has spent significant resources on QB right after. That says a lot.

Again, they spent significant resources aquiring Cutler. They are now way better. We are now way worse. Draft picks are not as good as proven talent.... Ever..... McDaniels wasting the picks only proves this point.

Inkana7
01-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Draft picks are not as good as proven talent.... Ever.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Now you've entered lala land...Orton is the reason Ben Hamilton signed for more money in Seattle AND the reason Weigmann went back to the town he'd spent most of his career in.

Amazing.

jhns
01-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Now you've entered lala land...Orton is the reason Ben Hamilton signed for more money in Seattle AND the reason Weigmann went back to the town he'd spent most of his career in.

Amazing.

Nope. I said Hamilton was about done anyways. He is the reason Wiegmann is gone. It is funny that you think otherwise. Do you think we get rid of Wiegmann if he is still playing well? It is easy to prove that Orton is the reason he wasn't playing well. Of course, this was a McDaniels run team....

Wiegmann came here in free agency. This theory that he just wanted to play in KC is a pretty funny one. Did you watch 2009 at all? You say he wasn't gone from his play that year? Wow....

bendog
01-17-2011, 12:56 PM

When you have sex, you apprantly quit after foreplay and say best ever.

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 12:59 PM
When you have sex, you apprantly quit after foreplay and say best ever.

Is Cutler well-endowed?

gyldenlove
01-17-2011, 01:01 PM

McDaniels was atrocious. Something you can't figure out for a few years.

Fixed it for you, too many words in that middle paragraph.

gyldenlove
01-17-2011, 01:03 PM

I wish cherry picking 1 number would win an argument, sadly it doesn't.

WolfpackGuy
01-17-2011, 01:07 PM
If we put our resources into the Defense instead of playing around with the entire Offense the past 2 years, maybe our guys would be playing in a Championship game instead of golfing.

The good news is we appear to have learned our lesson, although it was a painful lesson to learn.

Exactly.

I think most would agree Denver got a great return on the deal, but what McClueless did with the bounty was downright stupid.

jhns
01-17-2011, 01:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4939608

Wiegmann just left to go to KC! He just hated Denver!

Yeah, he hated McDaniels for cutting him after putting him in a position that made it impossible to succeed....

jhns
01-17-2011, 01:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

Good point. I should change that from never being good to: it is never good unless you are getting entire drafts, and even then, you still have to use that draft right to make the trade favor you.

jhns
01-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Exactly.

I think most would agree Denver got a great return on the deal, but what McClueless did with the bounty was downright stupid.

I don't think that is what was being said. I think he meant don't get rid of any of the offense, including Cutler, and address the defense. Not that the trade was good.

We couldn't just get rid of half the offense and then not address the offense...

2KBack
01-17-2011, 01:25 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/4/0/1/401e61e102219bb1af063d3ce54d271a.jpg

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4939608

Wiegmann just left to go to KC! He just hated Denver!

Yeah, he hated McDaniels for cutting him after putting him in a position that made it impossible to succeed....

Lol, wut?

Denver moved away from the blocking scheme that makes Weigmann effective, and then you make some really gross assumptions after that.

jhns
01-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Lol, wut?

Denver moved away from the blocking scheme that makes Weigmann effective, and then you make some really gross assumptions after that.

First off, that article of him being cut by us throws a little wrench in your theory that he just left because he wanted to play in KC....

Second, he just went to the exact same offense that we were running and has played great.... Wtf are you talking about?

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 01:33 PM
First off, that article of him being cut by us throws a little wrench in your theory that he just left because he wanted to play in KC....

Second, he just went to the exact same offense that we were running and has played great.... Wtf are you talking about?

Where in that article does it state that Weigman didn't play well because the quarterback was Orton? Where in that article does it say that Weigman signed in KC because he hates McDaniels?

jhns
01-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Where in that article does it state that Weigman didn't play well because the quarterback was Orton? Where in that article does it say that Weigman signed in KC because he hates McDaniels?

Why do you need an article for that? I posted the article for the one fact in it, he was cut... How did he not play bad because of Orton? He was great before Orton and great after Orton. This entire line was great before Orton and went to complete **** with Orton. It doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure this out. The hates McDaniels part was just me making fun of you and your theory that he just wanted to go back to KC...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-17-2011, 02:06 PM
BTW, Cutler eats babies too!

frerottenextelway
01-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Bears have the worst defense out of all the remaining teams.

Inkana7
01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Bears have the worst defense out of all the remaining teams.

If by "worst" you mean "better than the Jets," then yes.

bendog
01-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Seriously guys, if you're saying that trading Lambchop for (cough) orton and the two no 1's was not a bad idea, I agree. But when you evaluate any trade of a vet for draft picks, who the draft picks turn out to be defines whether it was a good trade no less than whether the value of the picks themselves equaled the vet.

frerottenextelway
01-17-2011, 03:14 PM

By worst I mean worst. I think Belichick would side with me.

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 04:30 PM

3rd > 9th...

2KBack
01-17-2011, 08:57 PM
3rd > 9th...

Scoring Defense > Yards Defense