PDA

View Full Version : If Carolina drafts Fairley and we trade down, who do you want?

OrangeSe7en
01-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I want Akeem Ayers.

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 02:41 PM
JJ Watt

GoBroncos84
01-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Marcell Dareus. If we trade down further than that and he is not available it depends on 4-3/3-4. I really like Cameron Jordan if we stay 3-4

OBF1
01-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Peterson

oubronco
01-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Dareus for sure

meangene
01-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Cameron Hayward

Requiem
01-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I celebrate knowing we just escaped drafting a bust.

primetime714
01-18-2011, 08:12 PM
I probably wouldn't trade down. Bowers or Peterson would be perfectly fine by me at #2.

Jay3
01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Marcel Dareus.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 08:21 PM
An impact defensive lineman. I don't care which one it is. I just care that he makes an impact...demands a double team and gets some pressure, or allows Doom and Ayers to get some pressure on the quarterback.

OBF1
01-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Rae Carruth

PRBronco
01-18-2011, 09:49 PM
JJ Watt

Agree.

Broncoman13
01-18-2011, 10:20 PM
I happily draft Da'Quan Bowers and look to DTs in the 2nd! Easy decision to me.

Los Broncos
01-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Marcel Dareus.

This, need pressure up front.

zdoor
01-19-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm a Peterson fan at #2 but I think Bowers is going to be a stud also. I'd be happy with either one. Not opposed to trading down if we can stay in top 10. There are some good players in the 5-15 range and if we get an extra 1 next year or a high 2 this year to come down, I'd pull the trigger

Tim
01-19-2011, 07:38 PM
JJ Watt

I third this

OrangeSe7en
01-19-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm a Peterson fan at #2 but I think Bowers is going to be a stud also. I'd be happy with either one. Not opposed to trading down if we can stay in top 10. There are some good players in the 5-15 range and if we get an extra 1 next year or a high 2 this year to come down, I'd pull the trigger

I'd take Bowers before Peterson. I wouldn't even take a CB at #2. It's not worth it.

Drek
01-20-2011, 06:46 AM
I'd personally probably take Dareus over Fairley regardless of if Fairley is on the board.

Dareus is a more proven player. Fairley has an explosive first step and uses that to beat opposing linemen, Dareus is just a physically powerful beast.

While Fairley has an exceptional skill in being able to rush the passer from a interior line position in the 4-3 for our needs I'd rather have a stout line control guy like Dareus who demands double teams and still controls his gaps. That is what we need to let Doom run free.

If we do return to a straight 4-3 front getting Dareus and Paea in the middle with Bannan as the rotational veteran would go a long ways towards helping Doom, Ayers, and some LB blitzes pay off with sacks.

Mjolnir
01-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Take the best defensive lineman available, Dareus if we still have a pick in the top 7, Watt if we pick in the 10 - 15 range.

oubronco
01-20-2011, 09:54 AM
I'd personally probably take Dareus over Fairley regardless of if Fairley is on the board.

Dareus is a more proven player. Fairley has an explosive first step and uses that to beat opposing linemen, Dareus is just a physically powerful beast.

While Fairley has an exceptional skill in being able to rush the passer from a interior line position in the 4-3 for our needs I'd rather have a stout line control guy like Dareus who demands double teams and still controls his gaps. That is what we need to let Doom run free.

If we do return to a straight 4-3 front getting Dareus and Paea in the middle with Bannan as the rotational veteran would go a long ways towards helping Doom, Ayers, and some LB blitzes pay off with sacks.

Amen to this Dareus and Paea and I would be estatic

Drek
01-20-2011, 11:26 AM

Its what this line needs. People want Fairley because he gets to the QB, but we've got Doom and Ayers still has a lot of potential.

To get this team headed in the right direction we need to first take away the run, second present Doom and Ayers with a chance to shine. If after that we still aren't generating enough sacks then we go looking for a pass rusher, probably a specialty DE who can spell Ayers, letting Ayers bump in to DT on obvious passing downs.

The last time we consistently stopped the run (first half of this decade) we had horrible corners and sucked at getting pressure on the QB. But yet we consistently finished in the top half of the league defensively and made the playoffs with regularity. Get back to that, then go for the flashier types.

RocBronc
01-20-2011, 11:48 AM
What if we trade down to where we can draft Paea (which would be pretty far) and then get back a load of draft picks to help rebuild our many needs? Not sure if I'd do it but it is an idea worth considering IMO...

Gcver2ver3
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
if we trade down its irrelevant who Carolina drafts because Fairly won't be available when we pick...unless something crazy happens between now and April...

if we traed down to 5 or so, i'd still hold out hope for Bowers...but i doubt he lasts either...

Carmelo15
01-21-2011, 01:49 AM

Genius

Baba Booey
01-21-2011, 02:30 AM
If we trade down I'd love Dareus or Ayers.

NhocCuteGirlz
01-21-2011, 02:42 AM
JJ Watt

Broncos_OTM
01-21-2011, 06:58 AM
I want a impact dlineman. Not high on fairly. Would go after darius or possibly bowers.jj watt would be a consideration fora trade down. However that would mean the staff isnt high on ayers. I dont like jj watt as a RDE. Unless he plays the the running downs and flops ver to lde in obvious passing situations

iforgotmypassword
01-30-2011, 10:06 PM

This would be a dream draft. Throw in Mathews and the kicker/punter henery friom Nebraska and i'd be as moist as teenybopper at a beiber concert

bap454
01-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Dareus over Fairely. Heyward over JJ Watts. The bust factor just scares the b-jesus out of me when it comes to Bowers and Fairley.

primetime714
01-31-2011, 09:47 AM
Dareus over Fairely. Heyward over JJ Watts. The bust factor just scares the b-jesus out of me when it comes to Bowers and Fairley.

My biggest worry about Fairley is not that the talent won't translate but rather his attitude. He's easily the most dominating player in this draft IMO.

Dareus is solid, but nothing really special. He'd improve a DL, but doesn't have near the upside that Fairley does.

I do agree that there is some concern about Bowers. He has some holes in his game, but I'd trust Fox on the pick if they took him. Also I do think he is a very good athlete with good upside.

Fairley, Bowers, and Peterson are the only guys we should be looking at for #2. If we're not sold on whoever is available at our pick the only other option is a trade back. Taking someone like Dareus who is clearly not the BPA would be a big dissapointment.

Personally I'd be pretty excited if Fairley was available though. I'd worry about the pick cause the guy obviously has some issues, but having a talent like that right in the middle of our defense would be a big boost.