PDA

View Full Version : Tebow wanted Fox.

lostknight
01-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Interesting bit from the Elway show yesterday. Vic and Gary where saying that when they asked Tim a bit ago about who he wanted as a head coach, he asked for John Fox. Also said that Tebow called before hand to clear meeting Fox yesterday.

The fact that Fox was the person who took Tebow out at the Combine should tell you that Fox probably wants Tebow just as much.

Other interesting bit, according to Elway, it was a dead heat for Dennison and Fox. The difference was "football wisdom."

This morning, It sounds like Mike McCoy will stick around, sounds like Gase will move over to QB's coach. Fox will not have responsibility for either calling the defense or the offense.

Man-Goblin
01-15-2011, 11:22 AM
So does that mean our next coach is Dennison? I heard the 3rd interview was a charm.

Let's just hope another franchise doesn't catch on and snatch him up!

Kaylore
Also said that Tebow called before hand to clear meeting Fox yesterday.
I'm sorry, I don't understand this sentence.

Cmac821
Was Gase the WR coach, hate to ask but I am not up to date on my position coaches

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 11:23 AM
It's becoming rather apparent that Carolina and Fox liked Tebow and that Tebow liked them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were targeting him with the pick they used on Clausen. Tebow is the definition of toughness, which Fox has said is his guiding principle in football. This looks to be a great fit.

lostknight
01-15-2011, 11:24 AM

Tebow called the organization to clear swinging by and meeting Fox before hand.

WyoLaw
Was Gase the WR coach, hate to ask but I am not up to date on my position coaches

Yes.

lostknight

Yes.

Agamemnon

I think he means that Tebow called ahead to ask if it would be okay to drop by and talk to him after he was hired.

frerottenextelway
01-15-2011, 11:25 AM
It's becoming rather apparent that Carolina and Fox liked Tebow and that Tebow liked them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were targeting him with the pick they used on Clausen. Tebow is the definition of toughness, which Fox has said is his guiding principle in football. This looks to be a great fit.

Fox seemed to want to say TT is a lot better than Clausen, but held himself back.

schaaf
01-15-2011, 11:26 AM
my tebowner is fully erect.

Miss I.
01-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Darn it. I thought the title was Tebow is a fox. ;D

I was expecting some pictures darn it. ;D

Kaylore
01-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Tebow called the organization to clear swinging by and meeting Fox before hand.

I think he means that Tebow called ahead to ask if it would be okay to drop by and talk to him after he was hired.

Yes. That makes sense now.

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Fox seemed to want to day TT is a lot better than Clausen, but held himself back.

Ah you caught that as well? He said something along the lines of "The quarterback situation here is certainly a lot better than my last, well let's not be too specific." It made me laugh. I suppose he could've meant Orton + Tebow, and not just Tebow, but his comments on Orton left me thinking his opinion on Orton is not too different from that of most Broncos fans. I think Tebow may well be one of the biggest reasons he wanted this job honestly.

orange crusher
01-15-2011, 11:40 AM
So does that mean our next coach is Dennison? I heard the 3rd interview was a charm.

I'm hoping for just the opposite.

Archer81
01-15-2011, 11:51 AM

http://tinyurl.com/4nuc4f8

:Broncos:

Austin Bronco Fan
01-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Interesting bit from the Elway show yesterday. Vic and Gary where saying that when they asked Tim a bit ago about who he wanted as a head coach, he asked for John Fox. Also said that Tebow called before hand to clear meeting Fox yesterday.

The fact that Fox was the person who took Tebow out at the Combine should tell you that Fox probably wants Tebow just as much.

Other interesting bit, according to Elway, it was a dead heat for Dennison and Fox. The difference was "football wisdom."

This morning, It sounds like Mike McCoy will stick around, sounds like Gase will move over to QB's coach. Fox will not have responsibility for either calling the defense or the offense.

One thing about Tebow's character that grabbed Fox was what happened after dinner. Tebow told Fox he'd pay the check. First time that happened to Fox with a pre-draft player.

OABB
01-15-2011, 12:01 PM
One thing about Tebow's character that grabbed Fox was what happened after dinner. Tebow told Fox he'd pay the check. First time that happened to Fox with a pre-draft player.

Didn't even tell him. He just slipped the card to the waiter. Unless rielly made that up.

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 12:03 PM
my tebowner is fully erect.

Am I the only one getting really sick of these posts?

OABB
01-15-2011, 12:06 PM

Yes.

Gutless Drunk
01-15-2011, 12:07 PM

No

Man-Goblin
01-15-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm hoping for just the opposite.

I thought I laid that sarcasm on thick enough, but apparently not.

footstepsfrom#27
01-15-2011, 12:21 PM

This only deepens my suspicion that Fox was set to be the next coach long before their "transparent" coaching search took place. The fact that they brought only one guy in with head coaching experience and that guy just happened to be coaching one of the two teams that wanted Tebow (Buffalo) besides us in the first round. I think Bowlen probably asked Elway to speak to him sometime well in advance of the time McDaniels got fired. If you have to have a coach that's on board with Tebow, and Elway knows this guy from way back...it's a no brainer for Bowlen, especially if he's getting Fox a good bit cheaper than Carolina paid for him, which I suspect is the case.

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 12:22 PM
This only deepens my suspicion that Fox was set to be the next coach long before their "transparent" coaching search took place. The fact that they brought only one guy in with head coaching experience and that guy just happened to be coaching one of the two teams that wanted Tebow (Buffalo) besides us in the first round. I think Bowlen probably asked Elway to speak to him sometime well in advance of the time McDaniels got fired. If you have to have a coach that's on board with Tebow, and Elway knows this guy from way back...it's a no brainer for Bowlen, especially if he's getting Fox a good bit cheaper than Carolina paid for him, which I suspect is the case.

3.25 mil a year versus 6 mil a year I believe. Though that might be partially the result of that 2-14 season he just had.

Gutless Drunk
01-15-2011, 12:25 PM
<object width="576" height="324" allowfullscreen="true"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo%20sports/site/player.swf"><param name="flashVars" value="vid=23844660"><embed width="576" height="324" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo%20sports/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=23844660"></object>

Hamrob
01-15-2011, 12:52 PM
<object width="576" height="324" allowfullscreen="true"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo%20sports/site/player.swf"><param name="flashVars" value="vid=23844660"><embed width="576" height="324" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo%20sports/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=23844660"></object>I could see Fox leaning towards Orton...right now...but, it will be interesting to watch over the course of the offseason.

However, I don't know that there isn't bad blood between Tebow and Orton at this point. More so...from Orton towards Tebow. What you don't need is a QB controversary on your hands. Just my opinion.

Start Tebow, have Quinn back him up and draft a kid in the later rounds...maybe a guy like Dalton from TCU.

mkporter
01-15-2011, 01:06 PM
this only deepens my suspicion that fox was set to be the next coach long before their "transparent" coaching search took place. The fact that they brought only one guy in with head coaching experience and that guy just happened to be coaching one of the two teams that wanted tebow (buffalo) besides us in the first round. I think bowlen probably asked elway to speak to him sometime well in advance of the time mcdaniels got fired. If you have to have a coach that's on board with tebow, and elway knows this guy from way back...it's a no brainer for bowlen, especially if he's getting fox a good bit cheaper than carolina paid for him, which i suspect is the case.

KipCorrington25
01-15-2011, 02:14 PM
No not Orton I thought the snoozefest was over.

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 02:21 PM
No not Orton I thought the snoozefest was over.

Isn't going to happen. He'd have to beat Tebow for the job, and he has neither the ability to do so or the willingness to try. He's done as a Bronco.

Cmac821
01-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Orton? Forgot he was on the team, thought it was understood we were moving forward without him.

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Orton? Forgot he was on the team, thought it was understood we were moving forward without him.

It is for those of us who sense the way the wind is blowing. But until he's no longer on the roster there will be some who doubt it.

HEAV
01-15-2011, 02:45 PM

I know Bro.

We aren't used to young QB's calling the team and asking to meet with the headcoach.

Hell we aren't used to them returning calls...:yayaya:

lostknight
01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Isn't going to happen. He'd have to beat Tebow for the job, and he has neither the ability to do so or the willingness to try. He's done as a Bronco.

Don't underestimate Orton. He's a good quarterback, and in practice, everything is targeted around pure pocket passing ability, not the ability to make things happen.

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Don't underestimate Orton. He's a good quarterback, and in practice, everything is targeted around pure pocket passing ability, not the ability to make things happen.

I'm not underestimating Orton. Tebow will be better from the pocket by the time camp is over. And anyway Orton isn't willing to compete so it doesn't matter.

Miss I.
01-15-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm not underestimating Orton. Tebow will be better from the pocket by the time camp is over. And anyway Orton isn't willing to compete so it doesn't matter.

how do we know Orton is not willing to compete? Just curious.

TheReverend
01-15-2011, 03:00 PM
how do we know Orton is not willing to compete? Just curious.

He had some angry statements about not knowing where he'd be next [this] year during the season, and he knows himself... he knows he can't compete with Tebow at any facet of professional football.

Steve Sewell
01-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I think Orton is a very solid NFL QB. My only problem is that he doesn't seem like a guy who can "make a play" when his team needs it.

He's been nothing but a pro as a Bronco, and he has every right to be pissed about his situation.

mhgaffney
01-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Why would Orton have a right to be pissed?

Tebow outplayed him fair and square.

TheReverend
01-15-2011, 03:12 PM
I think Orton is a very solid NFL QB.

My only problem is that he doesn't seem like a guy who can "make a play" when his team needs it.

I wanted to separate those statements to emphasize it.

Name 3 other "very solid" NFL QBs you feel aren't capable of "making a play when their team needs it"

Jay3
01-15-2011, 07:57 PM

I live here in Panthers country, and that was all the talk -- it was considered a longshot, because the Panthers didn't have a first rounder or anything to trade with, so Tebow would have had to fall to the 48th pick (where Clausen went). But there's no doubt in my mind Carolina would have taken him.

I played that Tebow documentary again, and kept freeze-framing the Jimmy Sexton easel pad like it was the Zapruder film, trying to see if Jimmy Sexton had Carolina with a "green star."

But Sexton only had the first round on that sheet, and the Panthers were not listed on it anywhere. I think by that time, the Vikings at #30 were a sure bet. Kiper amd Mayock both had said that.

oubronco
01-15-2011, 08:00 PM

So who's the DC

footstepsfrom#27
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM
I think Orton is a very solid NFL QB. My only problem is that he doesn't seem like a guy who can "make a play" when his team needs it.

He's been nothing but a pro as a Bronco, and he has every right to be pissed about his situation.
Pissed about what situation? Every player in the NFL knows he's one play away from ending his career and one player away from losing the job. He's got nothing to be pissed about. He was given the chance to start over with a new team and become a starting QB in the NFL again, which he did. He's put together enough here to get another shot somewhere else, and since he did that here, he's probably got the ability to do so again. Either that or he stays here for another year and bides time till he takes the next shot...either way it's nothing for him to be upset over if he is.

strafen
01-15-2011, 08:18 PM
I could see Fox leaning towards Orton...right now...but, it will be interesting to watch over the course of the offseason.
However, I don't know that there isn't bad blood between Tebow and Orton at this point. More so...from Orton towards Tebow. What you don't need is a QB controversary on your hands. Just my opinion.

Start Tebow, have Quinn back him up and draft a kid in the later rounds...maybe a guy like Dalton from TCU.

I don't know how you come up with stuff like this. Lol!

QB controversy?
Tebow or Orton?
I want some of what you're smoking... Ha!

mwill07
01-15-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm starting to think that Fox really wanted to coach Tebow - his presence is what made the Bronco HC job attractive enough to jump back in so quickly.

ghwk
01-15-2011, 08:31 PM

Holy crap. If picking up the check makes you an NFL QB we are screwed. Can we stop making such a big deal about the guy who NEEDS a job picking up a check?

If Fox makes that a character issue, well then I'm speechless..

ghwk
01-15-2011, 08:37 PM

Yeah there really isn't a penis mojo thread with pics is there. Sorry Miss I, I'm not going to be the one to start it.....:~ohyah!:

ghwk
01-15-2011, 08:42 PM

That is one jack$$ of a comment. I don't blame our season on Orton and in the right system with an o line he can flat out play. He just can't make an offense better on his own.

ghwk
01-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm starting to think that Fox really wanted to coach Tebow - his presence is what made the Bronco HC job attractive enough to jump back in so quickly.

I'm starting to think you need to think more before you post. Any coach that wants the job has to support Tebow and Orton and figure out that balance.

mwill07
01-15-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm starting to think you need to think more before you post. Any coach that wants the job has nonsupport Tebow and Orton and figure out that balance.

wut

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 08:51 PM
That is one jack$$ of a comment. I don't blame our season on Orton and in the right system with an o line he can flat out play. He just can't make an offense better on his own.

Orton is a crap quarterback. I'm so tired of people claiming otherwise. Just because he put up a bunch of empty, meaningless yards doesn't mean he doesn't suck.

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm starting to think you need to think more before you post. Any coach that wants the job has nonsupport Tebow and Orton and figure out that balance.

Who needs to think before posting again? Seriously, that isn't even cogent. Hilarious!

Miss I.
01-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah there really isn't a penis mojo thread with pics is there. Sorry Miss I, I'm not going to be the one to start it.....:~ohyah!:

Don't be silly I don't need a picture of it, you've seen one dick well you know how that sayin goes. ;D

Besides as far as that goes, most guys exaggerate, probably get a picture blown up much larger than it really is and guys would label it, "Actual size" when they should label it, "Images in photo are much smaller than they appear." ;D

ghwk
01-15-2011, 08:54 PM
wut

Fixed. Typing on an iPad kinda sucks.

ghwk
01-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Don't be silly I don't need a picture of it, you've seen one dick well you know how that sayin goes. ;D

Besides as far as that goes, most guys exaggerate, probably get a picture blown up much larger than it really is and guys would label it, "Actual size" when they should label it, "Images in photo are much smaller than they appear." ;D

I wanted to insert a pic of Bush after your first sentence but it's a pain to do on an iPad. :yayaya:

Look Photoshop was invented for that purpose you can't get mad for us for taking advantage of it! Its not like I can go to a surgeon and and become
a DD. Hilarious!

Miss I.
01-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I wanted to insert a pic of Bush after your first sentence but it's a pain to do on an iPad. :yayaya:

Look Photoshop was invented for that purpose you can't get mad for us for taking advantage of it! Its not like I can go to a surgeon and and become
a DD. Hilarious!

actually guys can get implants. I think if guys got fake boobs for themselves they woudl never leave the house. ;D

Archer81
01-15-2011, 09:02 PM

Well, it also depends on where they measure from. Some guys start from their nipples.

Archer81
01-15-2011, 09:07 PM
actually guys can get implants. I think if guys got fake boobs for themselves they woudl never leave the house. ;D

For girth, not for length. So what they end up doing is getting a fat man in their pants wearing a german army helmet without the spike.

ghwk
01-15-2011, 09:08 PM

How is it you know this? Hilarious!

Miss I.
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
How is it you know this? Hilarious!

um Marilyn Manson had fake boobs for a bit if I am not mistaken. Though I wonder if the same holds true for those guys with natural man boobs... weird.

ghwk
01-15-2011, 09:17 PM
um Marilyn Manson had fake boobs for a bit if I am not mistaken. Though I wonder if the same holds true for those guys with natural man boobs... weird.

Considering he used to walk around stage with a strap on I'm not surprised!

Miss I.
01-15-2011, 09:22 PM
And ghwk, got to say, Ipad sounds like a feminine hygiene product to me. ;D

ghwk
01-15-2011, 09:26 PM
And ghwk, got to say, Ipad sounds like a feminine hygiene product to me. ;D

Well I am holding it between my...well never mind. What time is it there anyway?

Miss I.
01-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Well I am holding it between my...well never mind. What time is it there anyway?

dude, that's an entirely different electronic feminine product. ;D

It's almost 4:30 am. going to go back to sleep again soon.

ghwk
01-15-2011, 09:32 PM
dude, that's an entirely different electronic feminine product. ;D

It's almost 4:30 am. going to go back to sleep again soon.

LOL. Goodnight Miss I.

MplsBronco
01-15-2011, 10:12 PM
I will not feel comfortable with what the Broncos are doing until they get rid of Orton. If they F this up and somehow manage to keep Orton as the starter, I will freaking lose it. I have nothing against Orton and supported him while he was here but watching Tebow the last 3 games has shown me a glimpse of the future. Tebow simply can do things that Orton cannot. I am tired of a QB unwilling or unable to make plays with his feet and keep plays alive by avoing sacks and moving out of the pocket. This became readily apparent once Tebow started playing. Picking up a 3rd and 10 conversion by the QB scrambling are huge plays in any game as are avoiding sacks and simply throwing the ball away. This is something we have been lacking.

I really wish Elway et al would come out with stronger language about their commitment to Tebow. And it's BS to say he is a good football player but not a good QB. They should say he is a good QB, because he is, that they need to make into a better PASSER. There are several more things that go into being a QB than passing. Leadership, desire, athleticism, toughness, understanding of the game etc. Tebow has all these attributes in spades. I'm friggen sick of the games being played. Come out and say Tebow is the man, trade Orton and keep Quinn as the backup. Get it done already.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-15-2011, 10:31 PM
He just wants to make Fox repent for his boozing, whoring ways.

HILife
01-15-2011, 10:39 PM

x2

ro_50
01-15-2011, 10:41 PM
I will not feel comfortable with what the Broncos are doing until they get rid of Orton. If they F this up and somehow manage to keep Orton as the starter, I will freaking lose it. I have nothing against Orton and supported him while he was here but watching Tebow the last 3 games has shown me a glimpse of the future. Tebow simply can do things that Orton cannot. I am tired of a QB unwilling or unable to make plays with his feet and keep plays alive by avoing sacks and moving out of the pocket. This became readily apparent once Tebow started playing. Picking up a 3rd and 10 conversion by the QB scrambling are huge plays in any game as are avoiding sacks and simply throwing the ball away. This is something we have been lacking.

I really wish Elway et al would come out with stronger language about their commitment to Tebow. And it's BS to say he is a good football player but not a good QB. They should say he is a good QB, because he is, that they need to make into a better PASSER. There are several more things that go into being a QB than passing. Leadership, desire, athleticism, toughness, understanding of the game etc. Tebow has all these attributes in spades. I'm friggen sick of the games being played. Come out and say Tebow is the man, trade Orton and keep Quinn as the backup. Get it done already.

Agree. I hate when they say he's a good football player but has ways to go to become a good qb.

Isn't that case w/ every qb that comes into NFL.

Agamemnon
01-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Isn't that case w/ every qb that comes into NFL.

Not really. Most of them a crappy football players who are good at throwing football and little else.

footstepsfrom#27
01-15-2011, 11:47 PM

The coach is the guy you want making the decisions about who he starts, so why force this guy into looking like the world's biggest yes man from day 1 by asking him to basically say, "Yeah, I'm the new coach, just walked in the door a minute ago, and I've already decided who my starting QB is and it's Tim Tebow." Cripes...I think we all pretty much know he likes Tebow, wanted to draft him before this, probably got the job because of that, etc...at least give the guy the dignity of having a fake competition in TC so he can make it look like the issue's not settled yet. What would it look like to other players inowing this coach doesn't make his own judgements? We laughed at McD for bringing in all these Pats cast-offs while turning a blind eye to talent Shanny had already assembled, so let's not make the same mistake in expecting Fox to have pre-decided who starts and who doesn't because of what Elway or even the fan base want. I've got zero reasons to think Tebow can't beat out Orton, and even if he didn't it wouldn't be the end of the world because by mid-season Kyle would start to tail off and probably hurt again, worn down or his game exposed as teams study it more, just as it was this year. Then you'd see Tebow getting another year like he had this past one; sitting for a while, then taking over to start. I think if it happens again though, once Tebow gets back onto the field he won't surrender the job again.

Tebow is the future, not Orton and while Fox doesn't impress me as the best coach for this job, I don't think he's stupid enough to dump Tebow given what we have now all seen from Tim. Give the dude some credit...he's not Bill Walsh maybe, but he's not Josh McDaniels either. The dude's been around long enough to know he's got something special in Tebow or he wouldn't be here. The one thing we do have in Fox is a guy who won't do anything outrageous. If nothing else we can let the dust settle, but he has to have respect and not be seen as a guy who isn't allowed to draft his own guys or even decide who gets to play...that's Al Davis territory.

strafen
01-15-2011, 11:59 PM

Nice post! :strong:

I wholeheartedly agree...

Bronco Yoda
01-16-2011, 12:02 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yCwqhQAlrcY/SpHTKSJfCJI/AAAAAAAABEQ/2uDMoVkHh9A/s400/SamFox+21st+century+mixes.jpg

ghwk
01-16-2011, 12:09 AM

Wow you should be head coach based on fervent emotion alone.

KipCorrington25
01-16-2011, 12:18 AM
The big risk with Orton is that he might actually look decent in practice, or pre season, or in the second quarter, but the problem is when the game is on the line, when you need a play, when you have to pull something out of your ass he fails and that is where winners win and Ortons, well, Orton... he sucks bascially but he can fool a coach, or fool a whatever numbnuts McCheat was...

footstepsfrom#27
01-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Tebow isn't going to be denied the starting job, but the bigger question to me is whether we need to bring in a backup guy who has more mobility than Orton. Otherwise, if Tebow went down, the offensive game plan would have to radiically change to account for the sudden loss of mobility from the QB spot...no more rollouts, etc. I know they can do that but it would be nice to have a guy in the #2 role who is mobile so the offensive approach remains consistant. I wouldn't mind a later pick on someone they can groom but Quinn doesn't strike me as guy we want in that spot either so who can we get to be the #2 that can move around, avoid the rush and throw on the run?

strafen
01-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Tebow isn't going to be denied the starting job, but the bigger question to me is whether we need to bring in a backup guy who has more mobility than Orton. Otherwise, if Tebow went down, the offensive game plan would have to radiically change to account for the sudden loss of mobility from the QB spot...no more rollouts, etc. I know they can do that but it would be nice to have a guy in the #2 role who is mobile so the offensive approach remains consistant. I wouldn't mind a later pick on someone they can groom but Quinn doesn't strike me as guy we want in that spot either so who can we get to be the #2 that can move around, avoid the rush and throw on the run?I don't think Orton will be here, let alone as a back-up.
So, I'm hopeful that will end up being the case...

broncocalijohn
01-16-2011, 02:49 AM
I don't think Orton will be here, let alone as a back-up.
So, I'm hopeful that will end up being the case...

If we dont get a 2nd for him, I wouldnt trade him. Right now (if Orton left), we have Tebow and Quinn. Fox never worked with Quinn so how much confidence does he have in him? Drafting a QB for backup doesnt help the situation out at all. Tebow goes down, we have Quinn and need a vet so we dont go through Chris Simms. 2.0 .

Garcia Bronco
01-16-2011, 03:08 AM

no you aren't. I think its gay

bigbucks24
01-16-2011, 03:14 AM

You know they can't do that, right?

Garcia Bronco
01-16-2011, 03:15 AM
Holy crap. If picking up the check makes you an NFL QB we are screwed. Can we stop making such a big deal about the guy who NEEDS a job picking up a check?

If Fox makes that a character issue, well then I'm speechless..

never underesTIMate the value of a free meal.

Bronco Yoda
01-16-2011, 03:30 AM
The more I think about it the more I agree that we have to to unload Orton somehow someway. We've already opened pandoras box.

If we have open competition, then most likely Orton wins. He's a pocket QB that has years in the pro system. He's going to naturaly look better dropping back and going through the progressions under controlled practice situations.

Sort of like the Hillis situation. Some players (for all sorts of reasons) look better in practice while others do better at full speed in game situations.

Not good having a locker room questioning the QB pecking order.

HAT
08-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Ah you caught that as well? He (Fox) said something along the lines of "The quarterback situation here is certainly a lot better than my last, well let's not be too specific." It made me laugh. I suppose he could've meant Orton + Tebow, and not just Tebow, but his comments on Orton left me thinking his opinion on Orton is not too different from that of most Broncos fans. I think Tebow may well be one of the biggest reasons he wanted this job honestly.

:thumbsup:

rbackfactory80
08-03-2011, 06:10 PM

PM Sent
:-*

broncocalijohn
08-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Yet Tebow is now a backup even with the manlove of Fox when he was hired. Nice bump and I was on board claiming to keep both unless we get a 2nd for Orton. Didn't think massive fireworks and explosions, though.

bombay
08-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Tebow = Eric Crouch. He could really help this team as an H-back.

baja
08-03-2011, 10:24 PM

I wanted Dennison pretty strongly but am OK with Fox. I just hope he is not too set in his ways to use Tebow strengths effectively. Josh would have been great at this too bad he was such a little Napoleon that felt cheating was OK.

Hamrob
08-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Tebow = Eric Crouch. He could really help this team as an H-back.Tebow = Tom Brady. He's a winner!

HAT
10-31-2011, 10:51 PM

Interesting.....

Boobs McGee
10-31-2011, 11:08 PM

since you bumped it...this is also for the lulz

baja
10-31-2011, 11:23 PM
I wanted Dennison, still do.

HAT
10-31-2011, 11:33 PM
I wanted Dennison, still do.

KFTWBW

baja
10-31-2011, 11:35 PM
KMAABATM