PDA

View Full Version : OT -- Debate time.

Quoydogs
01-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Alright this could be a good debate. This was on media fetcher sorry I do not know how to embed these videos so I will leave a link.

Anyways who's fault is this accident was the question asked. I say it was the first car for disrupting the flow of traffic. I would like to hear your arguments as well.

http://mediafetcher.com/article_full.php?id=115156

Mile High Shack
01-14-2011, 03:42 PM
really no debate, unfortunately for the guy on the end, it's always the last person to hit someone from behind that is at fault

Majik
01-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Alright this could be a good debate. This was on media fetcher sorry I do not know how to embed these videos so I will leave a link.

Anyways who's fault is this accident was the question asked. I say it was the first car for disrupting the flow of traffic. I would like to hear your arguments as well.

http://mediafetcher.com/article_full.php?id=115156

I tend to disagree with you on that. The 1st car may have disrupted the flow of traffic but it should be the responsibility of the following cars to adjust to the traffic condition.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Sounds like a woman behind the wheel. There's your problem right there.

Ambiguous
01-14-2011, 03:50 PM

haha nice

Old Dude
01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Sue them all, let God sort them out.

Que
01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Legally? It flows backwards. The first car was damaged BECAUSE of the second car (where the video was shot) and the second car was damaged by the third car. Third car is screwed because no one hit him.

In the court of equity or good guy law? The driver in me says it was the jackass in the front who came to a stop on a freeway. But that's hard to enforce as a system of laws. So it flow backwards and puts the onus on drivers to adjust to conditions.

BTW - the same rules apply to the ski slope. Uphill skier always has the burden of adjusting his or her track and speed based on what is happening in front.

Quoydogs
01-14-2011, 03:52 PM
I just had to renew my drivers licenses and the only question I missed was if a person crosses in front of you outside a crosswalk are you supposed to stop. Obvious answer would be yes, but I missed it. It clearly says you do not disrupt the flow of traffic. this is what the first car did by stopping for the dog.

Majik
01-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Some cases are more extreme than others. The situation in the video showed the 2nd car had plenty of time to react to the slow car ahead, there is no reason this should have turned into a fender bender.

A different example being 2 winters ago my girlfriend slid into the back of a truck who cut her off switching into her lane as they approached the stop and go lights. He slammed on his brakes as the light turn red. She applied her brakes but the snow covered road wouldn't let her stop. Her car came away with a couple thousand dollars worth of damage, his truck barely had a scratch. Guess who received a $200 fine for "following too close", she did.

FantomForce
01-14-2011, 03:53 PM
having recieved that ticket it would be the second guy, yeah the one with the woman

Que
01-14-2011, 03:59 PM
I just had to renew my drivers licenses and the only question I missed was if a person crosses in front of you outside a crosswalk are you supposed to stop. Obvious answer would be yes, but I missed it. It clearly says you do not disrupt the flow of traffic. this is what the first car did by stopping for the dog.

****ing dogs

Ray_Lewis'_Victim
01-14-2011, 04:00 PM

Why does she need to drive between the kitchen and the bedroom?

Boobs McGee
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I was in an accident similar to this, but was the lead car. I braked (for an intersection...the sun was setting making it incredibly tough to see, but I stopped for a red light WHEN IT WAS RED giving the guy behind me plenty of time to stop), guy behind me braked, LAST guy couldn't stop, hitting the guy behind me, then in turn pushing his car into me.

It would seem like the same principal...anywho, the third guy ended up with the ticket/repair bills for both of the cars in front of him

Drek
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
The person in the car with the camera, for obviously not paying attention and slowing down when brake lights started popping up.

However, if you ask an insurance adjuster they'd probably label the middle car at fault for the front person's damage and the back person at fault for the middle person's rear end damage.

AmericanBroncFan
01-14-2011, 04:10 PM
The lady had plenty of time to change lanes before hitting the car in front of her. Maybe if she spoke ENGLISH in the video I (AMERICAN) could understand what was happening better.
I just got a $1500.00 check because my wife had to slam on her brakes to avoid a car in front of her. My wife was hit by a pickup who was hit by a blazer who was hit by a tourus. The cop asked my wife "do you know why you didnt hit the car in front of you?" She responded by saying "because I stopped" The cop said "BECAUSE YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE PAYING ATTENTION!!!!!!" right in front of all the other drivers involved. The cop SLAPPED them all in the face with his words!!!!

schaaf
01-14-2011, 04:18 PM
I see the two back cars at fault. The front car is at no fault. I would be extremely mad at the front car but if i was in the front car I would have slowed down or stopped for the dog also and the middle car had plenty of time to stop. and the back car should have been able to stop also.

Pony Boy
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dzPQTfOBYsI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dzPQTfOBYsI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dr. Broncenstein
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Every one of them are guilty of being asshat left lane squatters. Drive right, pass left, and pretend you are driving a 2-ton lethal weapon... because you are.

chadta
01-14-2011, 04:33 PM
funny story

i was driving home after riding my dirt bike on the track, trailer hooked up to my truck, guy infront of me stops suddenly, dunno why, so i stopped, guy behind me not so much, hit my trailor, minor damage to it, the front of the guys car was a mess tho, we exchanged info gave our statements to the police and then carried on, i get a call from him 2 weeks later, " i got an estimate and its going to cost $1700 to fix my car, so how do you want to pay?" i laughed, and laughed and laughed, i guess i pissed him off cuz now hes yelling at me, i said "listen dood, you hit me im not paying a ****in cent, you got a problem with that call the cops" never heard from him again.

schaaf
01-14-2011, 04:48 PM
http://patchtimer.org/uploader/files2/amaterasu-1283871125-WomenDrivers.jpg

sgbfan
01-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Couldn't watch the video, but from the comments, it seems similar to a situation I was in once.

I was riding in a car one day for work and we were getting ready to enter the on ramp. We were on a two lane road that split into the northbound and southbound interstate, the southbound was much busier, so everyone was merging left. About a quarter of a mile before the split, a car merged in between us and the car in front of us.

At the same time, about 4 cars in front of us, there was a car that couldn't merge left. Another brilliant driver decided to stop right in front of us to let him merge. That made everyone behind him slam on their brakes. The guy that stopped was fine, but the next guy got hit by the car that merged in front of us and we ran into them.

When the cops came, they really didn't assign fault or give a ticket to anyone, but the person who truly was at fault probably didn't even know what happened. And just went on his way. My friend who was driving was left to pay for the deductible on the work truck when he did nothing wrong.

HILife
01-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Legally? It flows backwards. The first car was damaged BECAUSE of the second car (where the video was shot) and the second car was damaged by the third car. Third car is screwed because no one hit him.

In the court of equity or good guy law? The driver in me says it was the jackass in the front who came to a stop on a freeway. But that's hard to enforce as a system of laws. So it flow backwards and puts the onus on drivers to adjust to conditions.

BTW - the same rules apply to the ski slope. Uphill skier always has the burden of adjusting his or her track and speed based on what is happening in front.

how do you ski up hill?

HILife
01-14-2011, 05:30 PM

So according to the test, your suppose to run the dog over?

ScottXray
01-14-2011, 07:05 PM
The person in the car with the camera, for obviously not paying attention and slowing down when brake lights started popping up.

However, if you ask an insurance adjuster they'd probably label the middle car at fault for the front person's damage and the back person at fault for the middle person's rear end damage.

I'd agree with this. It was obvious that the 2nd car driver wasn't paying attention, and failed to brake soon enough. skid marks will probably attest to the time of braking.. 3 rd car was probably following too close and hit 2nd car. Skid marks there too.

1st driver did the wrong thing but is not at fault.

Quoydogs
01-14-2011, 10:04 PM
So according to the test, your suppose to run the dog over?

Yep or Human, I argued with the lady and she said I would go to jail if I mowed over the next person that walked in front of me outside a crosswalk.

So I told her that I should not get the question wrong then and she pointed to me were the law states that you are not supposed impede the flow of traffic.

listopencil
01-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Every one of them are guilty of being asshat left lane squatters. Drive right, pass left, and pretend you are driving a 2-ton lethal weapon... because you are.

This.

listopencil
01-14-2011, 10:32 PM
how do you ski up hill?

Dude. You have serious problems.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-15-2011, 01:57 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wT7zM8XgXQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wT7zM8XgXQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pick Six
01-15-2011, 11:30 AM
She was talking on her cell phone or with a passenger. I tend to think it's the cell phone, because we only hear a baby crying, not another passenger. The first thing she said was "Rock on"... ROFL!

She wasn't paying attention. It's clearly her fault, but it would be hard to prove...

Mr. Elway
01-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Not sure whose fault it was but if I had been driving that car it wouldn't have happened.

Beantown Bronco
01-15-2011, 11:53 AM
A different example being 2 winters ago my girlfriend slid into the back of a truck who cut her off switching into her lane as they approached the stop and go lights. He slammed on his brakes as the light turn red. She applied her brakes but the snow covered road wouldn't let her stop. Her car came away with a couple thousand dollars worth of damage, his truck barely had a scratch. Guess who received a $200 fine for "following too close", she did.

Should've fought that one. Snow covered roads mean all normal rules of the road (in terms of accidents and stopping distances) are usually off.

FantomForce
01-15-2011, 12:01 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wT7zM8XgXQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wT7zM8XgXQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

kappys
01-15-2011, 02:59 PM

That was great - My favorite is a tie between the woman filling up her gas and the one in the green car who couldn't reverse into the space and had to have the man behind her do it!LOL