PDA

View Full Version : Foxball With "Crash"

Rohirrim
01-14-2011, 08:29 AM
That's our new coach's nickname, "Crash." This article gives us a taste of what to expect.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17092257

Agamemnon
01-14-2011, 08:35 AM
That's just freakin' awesome right there. We've needed a coach like this for a while...

Rohirrim
01-14-2011, 08:37 AM
I didn't know he used to play safety. I really like having an ex-safety as coach. ;D

BroncosMT
01-14-2011, 08:40 AM
i love the toughness that he will bring....we have needed that for a long time....time to get the swagger back

Missouribronc
01-14-2011, 08:40 AM
How about the 1970s Aztecs defense...producing two future head coaches in the NFL...that was one smart defense.

oubronco
01-14-2011, 08:42 AM
The writings on the wall for a lot of the defensive guys I wonder who sticks

worm
01-14-2011, 08:45 AM
How about the 1970s Aztecs defense...producing two future head coaches in the NFL...that was one smart defense.

I think the one they just lost could be the best of them all.

Agamemnon
01-14-2011, 08:46 AM

The guys who prove they're tough enough it would seem...

Mediator12
01-14-2011, 08:50 AM
It is about time! Maybe we can FINALLY get a real FRONT 7! I am so ready to have a tough nosed Defense in DEN. Let's get to work Mr. Fox!

Kaylore
01-14-2011, 08:52 AM
That's a good read. I hope he brings that toughness and commitment to fundamentals. Heaven knows we need it.

oubronco
It is about time! Maybe we can FINALLY get a real FRONT 7! I am so ready to have a tough nosed Defense in DEN. Let's get to work Mr. Fox!

Amen brotha

worm
John Fox's coaching résumé

Year Position Team
2002-10 Head Coach Carolina Panthers
1997-01 D. Coordinator N.Y. Giants
1996 Consultant St. Louis Rams
1994-95 D. Coordinator Oakland Raiders
1992-93 Secondary S.D. Chargers
1989-91 Secondary Pitt. Steelers
1986-88 D. Coord./Sec. U. of Pittsburgh
1985 Secondary L.A. Express
1984 Secondary Iowa State
1983 Secondary Kansas
1982 Secondary Utah
1981 Secondary Long Beach State
1980 Secondary coach Boise State
1979 Assistant U.S. International
1978 Grad. Assistant S.D. State

Stepping down from DC in Oakland in 95 the way he did was awesome. Hopefully he has some healthy Raider hate from then that he can build on.

Missouribronc
01-14-2011, 08:57 AM
I think the one they just lost could be the best of them all.

Pretty talented defense in those years. Mike Douglass, LB with the Packers eight years. Terry Jackson, DB with Giants and Seahawks for eight years. Plus two head coaches. Herm was undrafted.

gunns
01-14-2011, 08:58 AM
I didn't know he used to play safety. I really like having an ex-safety as coach. ;D

Oh damn, me too! Could we possibly expect to highlight our safety position? We all know about our DL but having a quality safety improves a defense's performance immensely.

Rohirrim
01-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Oh damn, me too! Could we possibly expect to highlight our safety position? We all know about our DL but having a quality safety improves a defense's performance immensely.

I'm guessing he knows his secondary positions backwards and forwards. Look at his resume. This is going to be fun. !Booya!

I wonder what this does for our draft? Peterson? Bowers?

My number one hope: That teams are afraid to come to Denver again.

Hogan11
01-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Fox showed up in Carolina for his first head coaching gig in 2002 and stepped in front of a room full of players who had finished 1-15 the previous season. Fox didn't bother with being polite. He bluntly told the men in that room that he didn't think they were tough enough, and if they wanted a spot on Fox's roster, they would have to prove to him otherwise.

Read more: New Broncos coach Fox brings rough-and-tumble approach to his teams - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17092257#ixzz1B1gOVqW1
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Ya gotta love that Folks!

Agamemnon
01-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Ya gotta love that Folks!

Indeed. And our team has a lot more going for it than that one did.

Rohirrim
01-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Remember the days when we had Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater? Nobody wanted to go over the middle on Denver.

Agamemnon
01-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Remember the days when we had Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater? Nobody wanted to go over the middle on Denver.

Yes I do. And you're right, no one did. Even the tough guys that normally didn't flinch at the thought of going over the middle...well they flinched when it came to those two. I don't think there's ever been another safety duo like that.

PRBronco
01-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Great read! Sounds like Herm wants to be DC! :stirstir:

Btw as I was reading that, I was thinking "wow this is the first decent read in the denver post in a while, who wrote it?" Should have known it was Lindsay Jones, the rest of those "journalists" are just stealing money.

Mile High Shack
01-14-2011, 09:31 AM

man, it's gonna be rough for a lot of these guys to stick, right now, the only guy I can see is Dumerville and maybe Champ if he wants to resign.

The rest are all thoroughly average or too old

Grumps
01-14-2011, 09:34 AM

I think those two would have been mostly handcuffed by the pussification of today's NFL.

Agamemnon
01-14-2011, 09:36 AM
man, it's gonna be rough for a lot of these guys to stick, right now, the only guy I can see is Dumerville and maybe Champ if he wants to resign.

The rest are all thoroughly average or too old

A good coach doesn't just dump people without better options available. He makes the most of what he has, and tries to improve the roster incrementally.

I'm pretty sure Fox is a good coach.

BroncosMT
01-14-2011, 09:37 AM

I still remember when Atwater was knocked out in the SB.....what a vicious hit...took out his own guy in the process....I can't rmember who it was....Gordon I think....that guy could lay the lumber

Agamemnon
01-14-2011, 09:37 AM
I think those two would have been mostly handcuffed by the pussification of today's NFL.

Sad but true...

**** you Goodell!!!

Agamemnon
01-14-2011, 09:39 AM
I still remember when Atwater was knocked out in the SB.....what a vicious hit...took out his own guy in the process....I can't rmember who it was....Gordon I think....that guy could lay the lumber

The receiver was slow to get up as well and he only glanced the guy. Dude was insane. Especially in that Super Bowl.

worm
01-14-2011, 09:40 AM

Hilliard...and Brooks

BroncosMT
01-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Hilliard...and Brooks

Yeah we need more of the Atwater Lynch types....for sure....guys who aren't afraid to hit

~Crash~
01-14-2011, 09:54 AM
good nick name

ColoradoDarin
01-14-2011, 10:07 AM
The receiver was slow to get up as well and he only glanced the guy. Dude was insane. Especially in that Super Bowl.

TD did deserve the MVP (voters are always biased to the O anyways), but man Atwater did too. He might have had it if he doesn't drop that sure interception. Atwater probably had the game of his life on the biggest stage.

Rohirrim
01-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Another thing I like about Fox, his first assistant coaching job was under Chuck Noll. Talk about starting out your career with a master. ;D

Agamemnon
01-14-2011, 10:17 AM
TD did deserve the MVP (voters are always biased to the O anyways), but man Atwater did too. He might have had it if he doesn't drop that sure interception. Atwater probably had the game of his life on the biggest stage.

I would've support a co-MVP (not sure if that's ever been done). I wouldn't have been down with TD not getting it though. That dude was our offense in that game.

Inkana7
01-14-2011, 10:19 AM
This is why I love this hire. At the very least, he's a transitional coach who can bring this team from the abyss, instill some fundamentals and toughness, and set up the next coach for further success. But I have faith that Fox can be a winner here himself.

~Crash~
01-14-2011, 10:24 AM
This is why I love this hire. At the very least, he's a transitional coach who can bring this team from the abyss, instill some fundamentals and toughness, and set up the next coach for further success. But I have faith that Fox can be a winner here himself.

add in most of the fans can get behind Fox. He is great pick up for us .

I still don't get the hate for people that are part of our past but that is just me I guess..

55CrushEm
01-14-2011, 10:24 AM
I would've support a co-MVP (not sure if that's ever been done). I wouldn't have been down with TD not getting it though. That dude was our offense in that game.

Yes, there was ONCE a co-MVP......in the Denver/Dallas Superbowl in the 1977 season. Randy White (DT) and Harvey Martin (DE) were co-MVPs

PRBronco
01-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Yes, there was ONCE a co-MVP......in the Denver/Dallas Superbowl in the 1977 season. Randy White (DT) and Harvey Martin (DE) were co-MVPs

Aw man I should have known that, I have an old Pro Set football card with them on it!

Rohirrim
01-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Another thing I like about Fox: His assessment of Tebow is very practical. He has none of that unicorn thinking that Tebow brings out in some. Fox has said that Tebow has a whole bunch of great intangibles and can get "as good as he wants to be" if he's ready to work on his game. No bull****. Just the straight up. ;D

Play2win
01-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Another thing I like about Fox: His assessment of Tebow is very practical. He has none of that unicorn thinking that Tebow brings out in some. Fox has said that Tebow has a whole bunch of great intangibles and can get "as good as he wants to be" if he's ready to work on his game. No bull****. Just the straight up. ;D

Pretty much Elway's take, no?

oubronco
01-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah we need more of the Atwater Lynch types....for sure....guys who aren't afraid to hit

weve needed a new atwater for a long time