PDA

View Full Version : Party like it's 2009!

Boomhauer
01-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Time to get excited for the Broncos new direction. Just like two years ago, the Broncos FO has selected the worst option interviewed, but what will it mean this time? I'm expecting the defense, near worst in the league in every catagory, to improve. How much, and if they can when they're on the field 35min/game, remains to be seen.

There's also a new direction in HC style. While Shanny and McD were tyrants, Fox is an administrator that leaves the coaching to his coordinators. Whoever he brings in will be the ones responsible for the Broncos play, yet Fox will stand on their record. He managed a .500 record, even with playoff runs, because the team tanked when his coordinators did a poor job and Fox was unable to help.

The new face of the Broncos is now an impotent, bench warmer with nothing to bring to the organization, only take a paycheck from it. At least he won't be a plague like McD, but the Broncos could have done much better and clearly have a problem with their selection methods in the FO. Keeping Xanders also begs the question of how much will this team improve.

Killericon
01-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Time to get excited for the Broncos new direction. Just like two years ago, the Broncos FO has selected the worst option interviewed, but what will it mean this time? I'm expecting the defense, near worst in the league in every catagory, to improve. How much, and if they can when they're on the field 35min/game, remains to be seen.

There's also a new direction in HC style. While Shanny and McD were tyrants, Fox is an administrator that leaves the coaching to his coordinators. Whoever he brings in will be the ones responsible for the Broncos play, yet Fox will stand on their record. He managed a .500 record, even with playoff runs, because the team tanked when his coordinators did a poor job and Fox was unable to help.

The new face of the Broncos is now an impotent, bench warmer with nothing to bring to the organization, only take a paycheck from it. At least he won't be a plague like McD, but the Broncos could have done much better and clearly have a problem with their selection methods in the FO.

Clearly.

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2549/eyeroll.gif

I like how you supported your position by saying that Fox delegates power. THAT DEFINITELY MEANS HE SUCKS.

ton80
01-14-2011, 01:05 AM

The new face of the Broncos is now an impotent, bench warmer with nothing to bring to the organization, only take a paycheck from it. At least he won't be a plague like McD, but the Broncos could have done much better and clearly have a problem with their selection methods in the FO. Keeping Xanders also begs the question of how much will this team improve.

Clearly

Boomhauer
01-14-2011, 02:54 AM
...I like how you supported your position by saying that Fox delegates power.
THAT DEFINITELY MEANS HE SUCKS.

Just means he's a waste of space and a lost opportunity to improve the Broncos.
"Coach. How will you stop next week's offense?" Fox-"Go ask the DC."
"Coach. Why'd the Broncos struggle running?" Fox-"Go ask the OC."
"Any hints as how you'll be drafting?" Fox-"Nope. Not my department."
"What record are you aiming for this year." Fox-"Depends on the coaching."
"How will Tebow and Moreno improve?" Fox-"What am I, a coach?"
"Fox. Why is Bowlen paying you?" Fox-"You'ld have to ask Ellis."

The Joker
01-14-2011, 03:19 AM
Hey brother, just wanted to say that the story you outlined in the above post is cool.

ColoradoDarin
01-14-2011, 05:01 AM
Clearly. Cool. Starry. Bra.

Kaylore
01-14-2011, 05:43 AM
I remember now why I have this tool on ignore

Hogan11
01-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Ah, nothing like the rank smell of a disappointed Kubiak/Dennison lover in the morning.

worm
01-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Now I know the Broncos are on the right track.

Mile High Shack
01-14-2011, 08:36 AM
I figure there is no reason to argue with idiots, so I just give you Kanye West baking

http://i.imgur.com/hnoNO.jpg

tsiguy96
01-14-2011, 08:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0vTeS.jpg

Shoemaker
01-14-2011, 08:56 AM
So you weren't happy with a coach with too much control, but you are also unhappy with a coach who delegates control? And Fox, a coach who has made several NFC championship games and almost won a superbowl after rebuilding a 1-15 team, was "the worst candidate" on a coaching list that included Rick Dennison and Eric Studesville?

Did you actually have a coach you would have been happy with, Forums Poster Boomhauer, or do you just enjoy complaining about what the Broncos are doing wrong so much that you were predisposed to hate whoever we brought in?

spdirty
01-14-2011, 08:57 AM
The guy is the anti-McDaniels. Defense first, run the ball, comfortable in his own skin, loved by most of his players. So **** off if you don't like him.

And FTR, I liked Dennison. I wanted Dennison to be our next coach. Dennison is kind of a crapshoot though. Fox was kind of an afterthought in my mind. Just didn't think we'd hire him. But passing on Dennison for Fox is nothing like 2009 where passing on Spag to hire McD was like a kick in the nuts as soon as the news came out.

This is a very safe, smart hire. Its probably the right hire. Anyone that does the homework pretty much knows what they are getting in Fox. So call me 100% on board with this guy.

I predict a 4-6 win improvement next year.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-14-2011, 09:03 AM

Translation:

"LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Man-Goblin
01-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I still remember the thread title. Something like "McDaniels Hired - Bringing in Nolan AND Capers to coach D"

I was so stoked. It WAS time to party.

But they lost Capers to Green Bay and since then the Packers have been able to quickly transition from the 4-3 to the 3-4 and build a pretty damn good defense in the process.

Oh well. I love the Fox hire, but I'm not going to party until they can at least get a defensive coordinator that will stick around for more than a year.

scorpio
01-14-2011, 09:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cQ28n.gif

clown.

schaaf
01-14-2011, 09:26 AM

Are you a douche in real life or is it just on here?

Miss I.
01-14-2011, 09:52 AM

This is overly simplistic. A leader or coach, who wants to be effective will delegate to his coordinators but will still know what is going on with them. He will most certainly be involved in all game planning and approve or disapprove of the direction he chooses. His most important job right now is installing competent staff that he can trust to do the job, but will also work in cooperation with his vision for the team to ensure it is accomplished. A coach is like any other project manager, he can't do everything by him/herself and therefore designates qualified people to take point on specific areas. However, they will be working with his overarching plan and they will get his approval before moving forward on anything which means he will be able to answer those questions above because he will be briefed on everything. He won't plan it all himself, that doesn't work. Look at what happened with McD, he tried to do it all for either power or whatever reason and it failed.

Steve Sewell
01-14-2011, 10:17 AM
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac280/Schuel12/CoolStoryBrogif.gif

Boomhauer
01-14-2011, 09:07 PM
...Did you actually have a coach you would have been happy with, Forums Poster Boomhauer, or do you just enjoy complaining about what the Broncos are doing wrong so much that you were predisposed to hate whoever we brought in?

You can check my post at the end of Poll: Name New Head Coach v3.0
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96341&page=3
which I also reposted on Poll: New Head Coach v4.0 listing Koetter as #1, Fewell as #2, but barely ahead of Dennison. Fox was #4 only if we just want a benchwarmer and sideline face for the next couple years. Seems that's the direction the Broncos are taking.

Taco John
01-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Koetter as #1?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dr. Broncenstein
01-14-2011, 09:26 PM
http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/142836/cool%20story.jpg

Boomhauer
01-14-2011, 09:36 PM
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac280/Schuel12/CoolStoryBrogif.gif

Multiple variations of this same comment leads to the question, Is it a standard response on this forum for those without an intelligent argument to the contrary or actually impressed by my statement and I'm assuming sarcasm?

OABB
01-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Multiple variations of this same comment leads to the question, Is it a standard response on this forum for those without an intelligent argument to the contrary or actually impressed by my statement and I'm assuming sarcasm?

You a doing great here. Keep it up.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-14-2011, 09:46 PM

The thermal kinetic property exhibited by your anecdotal corollary is metaphorically less than the surrounding environment, my fictitious male sibling.

gunns
01-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Fewell barely over Dennison, ahead of Fox? To me, that removes all creditability from your post. Dennison? LOL

Boomhauer
01-14-2011, 10:18 PM
The thermal kinetic property exhibited by your anecdotal corollary is metaphorically less than the surrounding environment, my fictitious male sibling.

Cooler heads always prevail, while the insighted run into walls. :thumbsup:

OABB
01-14-2011, 10:19 PM

Are you saying you are the one with the cooler head?

gunns
01-14-2011, 10:21 PM

It means they disagree with you. The disagreement arguments over the coaches are all over the board. Now that Fox has been picked who wants to rehash them. Dennison over Fox....Hilarious!

Archer81
01-14-2011, 10:24 PM

Insighted is not a word. Insightful is possibly what you mean. And insight means: 1. an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, esp. through intuitive understanding: an insight into 18th-century life.
2. penetrating mental vision or discernment; faculty of seeing into inner character or underlying truth.

So you are basically admiting the people who are for Fox are correct about what he will accomplish in Denver. My advice to you is pick a consistent line of thought and go with it.

:Broncos: