PDA

View Full Version : Thank You 7

HEAV
01-14-2011, 01:22 AM
You made me beleave when I was kid. Now as an adult you have done it again. You looked past friends and the cheap replacements and made the best choice for Denver!

You hired the right guy.

Now lets get the players we need and start letting Tebow grow!

Also would be nice if we had a CBA.... but that's more on Bowlen and his boys.

Thanks 7!

Taco John
01-14-2011, 01:34 AM
cosign. Happy to be in the Elway era once again...

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-14-2011, 01:49 AM
i 3rd this well if ne thing its a step in the right direction my theory on how this will work well if every one get together coaches elway owner scouting dept and discuss who they like and want on this team like how the players must come together to win

bowtown
01-14-2011, 02:00 AM
Ever since I heard the news about Fox, I've been all:

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/022010/1265648927_happy-dog-is-happy.gif

Broncosfreak_56
01-14-2011, 02:14 AM
Unfortunately I am too young to have fully experienced John Elway the player. Hopefully John Elway the VP will have the same success.

Agamemnon
01-14-2011, 02:36 AM
He certainly seems to be doing a pretty good job so far. We're the only team that's hired a coach that actually knows what it takes to get to a Super Bowl. That shouldn't be discounted. There's no guarantees, but he certainly seems less risky than Rivera and Harbaugh. Right now we can't afford to take risks.

cutthemdown
01-14-2011, 02:47 AM
Unfortunately I am too young to have fully experienced John Elway the player. Hopefully John Elway the VP will have the same success.

Hard for me to even think Broncos without thinking John Elway.

How weird it must be to be a Bronco fan but not in time to experience Elway.

Hopefully some more glory like that in store for us sooner rather then later. I can still remember my dad plopping the paper down and saying looks like our Broncos have a new QB. The news was all about the big trade and Elway coming to Denver.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-14-2011, 03:38 AM

You look like someone is about to hit you with a newspaper for peeing on the rug.

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2011, 04:17 AM
I think he's doing a good job. Not a bad pick considering our options and the position we're in.

Go Broncos!

listopencil
01-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Hard for me to even think Broncos without thinking John Elway.

Pretty much. Still looks weird to see old film of Craig Morton.

backup qb
01-14-2011, 10:03 AM

Obviously, you missed out, but you know that. However, I don't think you can truly comprehend how much you missed out on. He was the epitome of hope. You never felt like you were out of a game. He was the king of converting 3rd and forever, 2nd and hopeless, etc. If you haven't done so already, you have to go back and watch full games in their entirety to fully appreciate the Elway experience. The highlights don't do his career justice.

schaaf
01-14-2011, 10:37 AM

hahaha :rofl:

boppool
01-14-2011, 10:44 AM
You made me beleave when I was kid. Now as an adult you have done it again. You looked past friends and the cheap replacements and made the best choice for Denver!

You hired the right guy.

Now lets get the players we need and start letting Tebow grow!

Also would be nice if we had a CBA.... but that's more on Bowlen and his boys.

Thanks 7!

I concur.

UberBroncoMan
01-14-2011, 10:59 AM

WTF is that, Charles Manson dog?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4447409319_2587084b88.jpg

t-diddy
01-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Obviously, you missed out, but you know that. However, I don't think you can truly comprehend how much you missed out on. He was the epitome of hope. You never felt like you were out of a game. He was the king of converting 3rd and forever, 2nd and hopeless, etc. If you haven't done so already, you have to go back and watch full games in their entirety to fully appreciate the Elway experience. The highlights don't do his career justice.

Absolutely! That was well said. Never being out of a game, never worrying when the defense gave up a big play because that just meant our offense was back on the field sooner, never feeling like we lost a game in the first quarter. The Elway experience was really something that had to be lived. The suffering through the super bowl losses only to go back to back at the end. Amazing stuff that no NFL Network special or highlight reel can capture.

baja
01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
I think John is going to do a spectacular job.

Going to be interesting to see how Xanders fairs in this new set up.

sutoazul
01-14-2011, 11:18 AM

Anyone with young kids? This dog looks like Martha the talking dog. (it's a young toddlers' cartoon that a dog ate an alphabet soup and starting talking)

FantomForce
01-14-2011, 11:20 AM
+1,000,000

:thumbsup: I am forever a believer in Elway, I threw a tantrum as a little kid when we fumbled on the 2 against Cleveland, but my mom said, come one believe in your team, turned the tv back on and fromt that moment on John made me a believer

schaaf
01-14-2011, 11:30 AM
I am pumped to watch Elway introduce Fox today!

backup qb
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Absolutely! That was well said. Never being out of a game, never worrying when the defense gave up a big play because that just meant our offense was back on the field sooner, never feeling like we lost a game in the first quarter. The Elway experience was really something that had to be lived. The suffering through the super bowl losses only to go back to back at the end. Amazing stuff that no NFL Network special or highlight reel can capture.

Amen brother!

Kaylore
01-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Thank you Elway for doing your best to make us good again. I will support you no matter what, even when I disagree. So far you made the best choice by not hiring Dennison.

Taco John
01-14-2011, 12:11 PM
The early Elway experience went something like this:

It's first and 10! Yeah! Elway has a fresh set of downs to work with!

Ugh! A 1 yard run! That sucked! Two more downs, let's see it happen!

Oh crap! The runningback got stopped in the back field! We lost yardage on that play! What's that? A flag!?

Holy hell! Holding! Third an 19! How can you hold and still get beat! ARRRRGH!

SCRAMBLE ELWAY! SCRAMBLE! OH! OH! OH! YESSSSSSSSSS! VANCE JOHNSON FOR A 20 YARD RECEPTION! ELWAAAAAAAAAY!

Rohirrim
01-14-2011, 12:55 PM

See the characters in the lower corner? That's a Chinese dog!

So that's what a Chinese dog looks like. :kiddingme

Rohirrim
01-14-2011, 12:57 PM
The early Elway experience went something like this:

It's first and 10! Yeah! Elway has a fresh set of downs to work with!

Ugh! A 1 yard run! That sucked! Two more downs, let's see it happen!

Oh crap! The runningback got stopped in the back field! We lost yardage on that play! What's that? A flag!?

Holy hell! Holding! Third an 19! How can you hold and still get beat! ARRRRGH!

SCRAMBLE ELWAY! SCRAMBLE! OH! OH! OH! YESSSSSSSSSS! VANCE JOHNSON FOR A 20 YARD RECEPTION! ELWAAAAAAAAAY!

Then there was:

Reeves calls in the play...

Elway's all, "**** that."

Elway in the shotgun...

He takes the snap...

Bombs away!!!

Mark Jackson!

TD!

!Booya!

Play2win
01-14-2011, 01:09 PM
ELWAY!! ALL THE WAY!!!! :militia: !Booya! :militia:

(I yell this until Elway scores the TD- a foregone conclusion)

OBF1
01-14-2011, 01:26 PM
See the characters in the lower corner? That's a Chinese dog!

So that's what a Chinese dog looks like. :kiddingme

Maybe it is streaming video of tonights dinner menu in bejing ;D

mikey555
01-14-2011, 01:34 PM

Amen to that with John you never felt like you were ever out of a game...God I miss the old South Stands and the Original MILE HIGH!!!

R8R H8R
01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I think John is going to do a spectacular job.

Going to be interesting to see how Xanders fairs in this new set up.

I expect him to do his job better than expected, because one of the things that made John special, was his uncanny ability to make ordinary players play way over thier abilities. I fully expect that same environment as an executive.