PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Mike Murlarky...GO **** YOURSELF!

bronco0608
01-14-2011, 12:10 AM
We all know what you did.

* First, you agree to interview, then on the day BEFORE your interview, you cancel with us. Reason: some cockamany story about focusing on the playoffs, but you still interview with the Browns two days later.

* Then, you announce that YOU ARE NOT going to interview with Broncos AT ALL.

* After your interview with the Browns -- which clearly did not go as smooth as you expected -- you quickly announce that you still want to interview with the Broncos.

* The Duke agrees to interview you again, at your leisure.

* Then the Duke give you a big **** YOU and hires John Fox before you ever even got the chance.

Hey, Murlarky (or however you spell that crazy last name), enjoy Atlanta, you wishy-washy, don't know how to play your cards right, offensive coordinator. I hope you land with the Raiders.

Killericon
01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
I would've liked it if we had interviewed him, but I think we made the right choice.

Hogan11
01-14-2011, 12:15 AM

* First, you agree to interview, then on the day BEFORE your interview, you cancel with us. Reason: some cockamany story about focusing on the playoffs, but you still interview with the Browns two days later.

* After your interview with the Browns -- which clearly did not go as smooth as you expected -- you quickly announce that you still want to interview with the Broncos.

* Then the Duke give you a big **** YOU and hires John Fox before you ever even got the chance.

Hey, Murlarky (or however you spell that crazy last name), enjoy Atlanta, you wishy-washy, don't know how to play your cards right, offensive coordinator. I hope you land with the Raiders.

I'm not angry he snubbed the Broncos, I'm thankful.

Agamemnon
01-14-2011, 12:17 AM

He wouldn't have got the job anyway.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-14-2011, 01:02 AM
hey wasn't their a nfl rule sayin a team cant interview til the teams season is over i swore that was a rule ?? did they get rid of it or am i crazy

chrisp
01-14-2011, 03:04 AM
hey wasn't their a nfl rule sayin a team cant interview til the teams season is over i swore that was a rule ?? did they get rid of it or am i crazy

I think they modified it to let guys interview during their bye week, if they have one (which Atlanta do)...

....cos, y'know, they're just sitting around eating pocorn n'stuff aren't they?

His 'focusing on playoff' ruse might have held some water if he hadn't also gone to the browns and done their interview. He didn't play this one too well...which kind of makes me glad he's not our head coach right now....

Drek
01-14-2011, 03:56 AM

He never said he definitely wouldn't interview, just that he wanted to wait until the Falcons were eliminated before doing a second interview.

I'm personally assuming that both Mularkey and Williams caught wind that Fox was our guy from day one and so didn't feel like going on the feel good interview tour while their teams were in the playoff hunt for no reason.

go_broncos
01-14-2011, 05:42 AM

That's exactly how i feel about him...:thumbsup:

Kaylore
01-14-2011, 05:44 AM
Let's hope it's all for the best. I feel good about Fox, at least in the short term.

bronco0608
01-14-2011, 06:20 AM
He never said he definitely wouldn't interview, just that he wanted to wait until the Falcons were eliminated before doing a second interview.

I'm personally assuming that both Mularkey and Williams caught wind that Fox was our guy from day one and so didn't feel like going on the feel good interview tour while their teams were in the playoff hunt for no reason.

What wind was he catching? Peter King was tweeting that Rick Denninson was the man, and Fox had not even interviewed at that point.

Its pretty simple: Murlarkey never really liked this job for some reason. Could have Tebow, could have Elway, could have been the team, it could have been the amount of candidates we were interviewing, but for some reason, Murlarkey got spooked about Denver and everybody knew it.

Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey has canceled his interview with the Denver Broncos to talk about their head coaching vacancy.

"I respect the decision that Mike Mularkey has made to not interview with the Broncos at this time," John Elway, the Broncos' new executive vice president of football operations, who is spearheading the search, said via his official Twitter account. "I wish Coach Mularkey and the Atlanta Falcons the best of luck in the playoffs."

Mularkey was set to interview with the Broncos on Friday night. ESPN (News - Alert) reported that Mularkey wants to focus on the playoffs but will still interview with the Cleveland Browns on Saturday because they called him first. The network also said Mularkey would be open to an interview with the Broncos if the job is still open after the Falcons' season is over.

Mularkey's move led to speculation that he wasn't sold on Tim Tebow as the Broncos quarterback.

http://topnews360.tmcnet.com/topics/associated-press/articles/2011/01/09/133038-mike-mularkey-cancels-interview-with-broncos.htm

SoDak Bronco
01-14-2011, 07:15 AM
The Silver Fox is the coach so who gives a #%#%

Missouribronc
01-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Does this mean I can blame Mularkey if Denver sucks next year? I need a scapegoat.

loborugger
01-14-2011, 09:03 AM

Wow. Have you ever gone to a former lover's house and boiled the pet rabbit?

PRBronco
01-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Wow, how unnecessary.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-14-2011, 12:22 PM
o well the guy has a goofy name. ne ways we got a coach lets just forget about this murkey guy

Majik
01-14-2011, 02:20 PM

Never before seen sneak preview of tomorrow night's game.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/8Project6/CM3-1.jpg

frerottenextelway
01-15-2011, 07:26 PM
It looks like he'll be available for an interview tomorrow.

bronco militia
01-15-2011, 07:29 PM
I thought his name is Mark?

oubronco
01-15-2011, 07:39 PM
He sure does know Defense

crazyhorse
01-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Im sure it was innocent enough. Its probably exactly the way he said it was. Im sure he's doing what he thinks is right for his carreer. If there was zero interest in the Broncos, Im sure he would have simply declined the interview all together. It looks like he was going to have one interview with the Browns and when other teams started to show interest and set appointments, he realized it was too much distraction for what was on his plate at the moment. So he decided to postpone until after the playoffs. It is what I would expect a coach to do if he were coaching my team. Weiss is a good example of what can happen screwing around when there is still football to be played on your current team. I wish Wiess would have done the same thing.

In the end, I doubt it was anything specific against you. Elway said he got his man anyway. An d Im sure that when he postponed, he knew that might mean he could lose out on the opportunity. I doubt seriously that he was blowing off head coaching opportunities. If he was, he would have siad no in the 1st place.

You are taking this way to personal. Actually you come off like a jilted lover. Give the guy the benefit of he doubt.

baja
01-15-2011, 07:50 PM

<b>I'm personally assuming that both Mularkey and Williams caught wind that Fox was our guy from day one and so didn't feel like going on the feel good interview tour while their teams were in the playoff hunt for no reason.

That explanation makes the most sense.

Taco John
01-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Gotta hand it to him. His team is showing a lot of focus right now. That offense has nailed it.

footstepsfrom#27
01-15-2011, 08:00 PM

Bingo. More evidence the coaching search was a made-for-fans show orchestrated by the ultimate maestro...Elway...at Bowlens' request. Fox was a shoe-in from the start.

go_broncos
01-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Im sure it was innocent enough. Its probably exactly the way he said it was. Im sure he's doing what he thinks is right for his carreer. If there was zero interest in the Broncos, Im sure he would have simply declined the interview all together. It looks like he was going to have one interview with the Browns and when other teams started to show interest and set appointments, he realized it was too much distraction for what was on his plate at the moment. So he decided to postpone until after the playoffs. It is what I would expect a coach to do if he were coaching my team. Weiss is a good example of what can happen screwing around when there is still football to be played on your current team. I wish Wiess would have done the same thing.

In the end, I doubt it was anything specific against you. Elway said he got his man anyway. An d Im sure that when he postponed, he knew that might mean he could lose out on the opportunity. I doubt seriously that he was blowing off head coaching opportunities. If he was, he would have siad no in the 1st place.

You are taking this way to personal. Actually you come off like a jilted lover. Give the guy the benefit of he doubt.

Whatever..I am happy that he is on losing side..

LRtagger
01-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Boy that extra preparation sure paid off. What a douche.

baja
01-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Boy that extra preparation sure paid off. What a douche.

I have wondered if you avatar sun baths with only toilet plungers covering her breasts?

KipCorrington25
01-15-2011, 11:50 PM
The funny thing is Mularkey won't ever be an NFL head coach again, he'll disapear soon enough and be an afterthough as he is already.