PDA

View Full Version : You wanna instant line upgrade? I think its time to talk Haynesworth if we go 4-3.

KevinJames
01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah I know the guy is a problem but he was forced into a 3-4 in Washington and his skills are more meant for the 4-3 with a players coach like John Fox I think Haynesworth could come into Denver and be very successful.

hear me out pick up Albert if hes cut, I know its a big if or trade something for him Jabar Gaffney or Kyle Orton?

Carolina passes on Fairley, take Fairley. Now your d-line has gone from your biggest weakness on defense to your biggest strength, and the LBs and DBs can be addressed with the rest of the draft and FA.

Imagine

LE Robert Ayers - DT Albert Haynesworth - DT Nick Fairley - RE Elvis Dumervil

Robert Ayers may not be everyones ideal fit but if he can't perform in a DL that commands so much attention like this than we know hes not our guy. I mean you can only double team so many guys. I don't wanna hear Elvis is too small for 4-3 DE in the NFL he did fine the years before outside of the slowik era, and hes our best pass rusher, truthfully rushes better with his hand on the ground like he did on third downs in the 3-4.

don't think a quick fix on the d-line is realistic? Look at Detroit they brought in DE KVB from the Titans via FA drafted DT Suh and signed DT Corey Williams in FA and plugged in rejects from the chiefs and seahawks and made it a top 5 DL in the league in 1 season.

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 09:07 PM
If Haynesworth wasn't a complete cancer I'd agree, but he is, so I don't.

SoCalBronco
01-13-2011, 09:09 PM
http://warcraft.ingame.de/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

NFLBRONCO
01-13-2011, 09:11 PM
no

strafen
01-13-2011, 09:11 PM
No way...
We need to find a way to build a defense in a more conventional way Ha!

I just see in Haynesworth a player who expects a team to bend over backwards to please him.
About the guy take his job more seriously and play ball?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
If we change to the 4-3, I'd be surprised if he doesn't come for a visit.

Guy's a difference maker when he's not in the wrong defense or clashing with a coach. And he might be looking to prove himself.

razorwire77
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I don't think signing Haynesworth into a franchise without strong locker room leadership and having him hanging around influencing Fairley is the way to go.

lostknight
01-13-2011, 09:19 PM
The only reason to get Haynesworth is if the he can be had for insanely cheap, and we use the first pick to go after Peterson instead.

By insanely cheap, I want him making what Lloyd made last year and this year. Two year contract.

schaaf
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't know what to say to this thought.

The guy is arguably the best DT in the league, with that said he is also the biggest loser in the league.

strafen
01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
The only reason to get Haynesworth is if the he can be had for insanely cheap, and we use the first pick to go after Peterson instead.

By insanely cheap, I want him making what Lloyd made last year and this year. Two year contract.

I won't pay the guy a dime until plays a full season... :rofl:

Hamrob
01-13-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm not so sure Haynesworth is a big problem. Yes, he said what he had to say...but, he played the 3-4...he went out there and he did what he was asked to do. I didn't see him taking plays off...overall, he played pretty well on a crap team.

Am I lobbying for him...No! Would I be hurt if we traded Orton for him...No!

lostknight
01-13-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm not so sure Haynesworth is a big problem. Yes, he said what he had to say...but, he played the 3-4...he went out there and he did what he was asked to do. I didn't see him taking plays off...overall, he played pretty well on a crap team.

There were plenty of examples of him taking plays, practices, games off.

underrated29
01-13-2011, 09:32 PM
If he starts punting footballs, I am sold.

SoDak DM
01-13-2011, 09:54 PM

He was made inactive...he was SO ineffective, the coaching staff thought they'd be better off without him anywhere near the field...is that not taking plays off? That's taking a whole game off.

The only time the guy wasn't a cancer was when he was asleep. Unfortunately, he's as effective then as when he's accepting millions to whine on the bench. We're better off with an effort guy. Haynesworth is overpaid at any amount.

Shoemaker
01-13-2011, 10:02 PM
I didn't see him taking plays off...overall, he played pretty well on a crap team.

http://i52.tinypic.com/mj4ifn.gif

nickademus
01-13-2011, 10:02 PM
dude layed down on a play what else can you do to take a play off?

Killericon
01-13-2011, 10:03 PM
The line would be better, but the team wouldn't be.

listopencil
01-13-2011, 10:03 PM

QFT. **** no, I don't want to see that guy on the Broncos.

Drunk Monkey
01-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Pass, it seams like a nice idea but it won't work. Fat Albert has nothing to play for anymore. What ever his salary would be it is going to be peanuts compared to the Washington deal. I do not see how a coach would be able to motivate this clown.

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Lulz at people think Haynesworth would be a good addition to any roster...

ElwayMD
01-13-2011, 10:07 PM
If we even think of signing Haynesworth I will officially know that this franchise has gone to crap.

peacepipe
01-13-2011, 10:08 PM
where's hamrob?

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Pass, it seams like a nice idea but it won't work. Fat Albert has nothing to play for anymore. What ever his salary would be it is going to be peanuts compared to the Washington deal. I do not see how a coach would be able to motivate this clown.

If only we could slather opposing QBs and RBs with gravy...

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 10:11 PM
If we even think of signing Haynesworth I will officially know that this franchise has gone to crap.

It would seem to go against what Elway was all about in his press conference, that's for sure.

mopatt24
01-13-2011, 10:19 PM
I would love this move, and I think this would be a huge step to rebuilding the defense. The guy had a problem, on a team that has problems, but you get a guy like that in a new situation and back to his old scheme, and with good talent around him. He'll have a huge ( positive ) impact. Besides, its time we get big, physical, nasty players on the d-line. The others ways have failed

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 10:41 PM
I would love this move, and I think this would be a huge step to rebuilding the defense. The guy had a problem, on a team that has problems, but you get a guy like that in a new situation and back to his old scheme, and with good talent around him. He'll have a huge ( positive ) impact. Besides, its time we get big, physical, nasty players on the d-line. The others ways have failed

Big, physical, nasty? More like fat, stupid, lazy.

Bigdawg26
01-13-2011, 11:10 PM
This guy is a bigger douche than mcdaniels!! Hell nah. Who wants a fat lazy cry baby who takes plays off and players in your own locker room call you out publicly! Elway and xanders would be on crack rock to pick up that loser when you have bannan and could get farley in the draft. I think denver learned their lesson from the Darryl Gardener and Leon Lett signings!

misturanderson
01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
If he could be brought in with a contract that made it easy to cut him if he pulled the crap here that he did in Washington, I don't see any way that it could be construed as a bad move. When he tries, he's 10x the player that our next best DT is on this team.

StugotsIII
01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
He is a retard.

His teammates hate him.

No thanks.

Ratboy
01-13-2011, 11:23 PM

LOL, I was waiting for this GIF.

Win!

bpc
01-13-2011, 11:44 PM
I predict that we'll be in a 4-3 next year so I guess anything is plausible. If that's the case, I could see Shanahan offering Haynesworth for Dumervil, straight up.

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 11:46 PM
I predict that we'll be in a 4-3 next year so I guess anything is plausible. If that's the case, I could see Shanahan offering Haynesworth for Dumervil, straight up.

LMAO!!!!! :rofl:

Are you serious? Wow...

footstepsfrom#27
01-14-2011, 12:08 AM
What a great way to finish off the team's rep in the wake of the McDaniels mess.

Hogan11
01-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Imagine

Imagining the unholy mess that is A. Haynesworth and Fairley (the future fine and suspension machine) both @ DT for the Broncos.....Hmmmm. Hope the depth is great under Fox because the Broncos will need it @ DT if this ever happens.

Good thing this is all just fantasy

Taco John
01-14-2011, 12:31 AM
I'd rather move Knowshon Moreno to DE than bring in Haynesworth.

bowtown
01-14-2011, 01:04 AM

Yeah, Shanahan really needs two OLB pass rushers who are mediocre in run support and coverage. Makes total sense.

Gort
01-14-2011, 01:13 AM
http://warcraft.ingame.de/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

1 facepalm smiley is not enough.

we need a smiley of Eric Cartman kicking the OP in the nuts.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CP8SAEsPz3A" frameborder="0"></iframe>

TDmvp
01-14-2011, 01:18 AM
And might I also add
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/Flyingmonkeyofdoom/Junk/bbslap.gif
to the thread starter .

DrFate
01-14-2011, 05:40 AM
I have to assume this is a joke thread?

Rohirrim
01-14-2011, 05:44 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xoqAOYMblow/TKJ1nJQ0O4I/AAAAAAAAAAs/jPjAcdDampI/s1600/triple+facepalm.jpg

Kaylore
01-14-2011, 05:46 AM
I would call him IHOP 2.0 or even IHOP Legacy.

edog24
01-14-2011, 05:49 AM

I suggested picking up Haynesworth in another thread, I think if he Michael Vickesque, i.e., trying to salvage his career, then we could hit the jackpot. Orton is worth way more than Haynesworth by himself. I would say Orton/Royal for Haynesworth and their first? How does that sound? A pipe dream?

jsco70
01-14-2011, 05:55 AM

I love how the offensive lineman sort of stands there and glances down as if to say, So is this dude gonna get up or what? Uhh, guess not...okay...I'll try to find someone else to block. :rofl:

Bigdawg26
01-14-2011, 05:57 AM
Sounds like the dumbest thing that I ever heard. I wouldn't trade a bag of stale corn chips for that loser!

robbieopperude
01-14-2011, 06:02 AM
The one reason I would be OK with getting Haynesworth is that the guy is a difference maker when he sets his mind to it. Let him play in a rotation period against some of the lesser teams to keep him fresh and tell him to earn his paycheck against the West and in the Playoffs. There is no denying he is one of the very few players in this league who can collapse the pocket from the inside. Of course for him to be worth a F*** he is going to have to get motivated enough to get into better playing shape. He and Fairley would make our D.Line very credible.

oubronco
01-14-2011, 06:05 AM
I'd rather drink turpintine and piss on a brushfire than have that pos on the broncos

Old Dude
01-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Imagine

Okay. I'm visualizing it. Dumervil was giving up almost 5 yards per rush as a DE and that's when he was 30 lbs bigger. So they can run all day right at him.

Ayers can't rush the passer so I guess we'll have him specialize in ... rushing the passer. I think the opponents can pretty well ignore that side.

Haynesworth plays when he feels like it. Which is not very often and mostly bellyaches about the rest of the team.

If we accidentally do stop a drive, Fairly can always put them on track again by spearing their QB, from behind.

WolfpackGuy
01-14-2011, 07:39 AM
To hell with Haynesworth.

He's a fat pussey toad.

Ray Finkle
01-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Yeah I know the guy is a problem but he was forced into a 3-4 in Washington and his skills are more meant for the 4-3 with a players coach like John Fox I think Haynesworth could come into Denver and be very successful.

hear me out pick up Albert if hes cut, I know its a big if or trade something for him Jabar Gaffney or Kyle Orton?

Carolina passes on Fairley, take Fairley. Now your d-line has gone from your biggest weakness on defense to your biggest strength, and the LBs and DBs can be addressed with the rest of the draft and FA.

Imagine

Robert Ayers may not be everyones ideal fit but if he can't perform in a DL that commands so much attention like this than we know hes not our guy. I mean you can only double team so many guys. I don't wanna hear Elvis is too small for 4-3 DE in the NFL he did fine the years before outside of the slowik era, and hes our best pass rusher, truthfully rushes better with his hand on the ground like he did on third downs in the 3-4.

don't think a quick fix on the d-line is realistic? Look at Detroit they brought in DE KVB from the Titans via FA drafted DT Suh and signed DT Corey Williams in FA and plugged in rejects from the chiefs and seahawks and made it a top 5 DL in the league in 1 season.

I'd rather stick a hot potato up my ass then have this turd bag on the Broncos....

Cool Breeze
01-14-2011, 07:46 AM
He just had a baby with a stripper, is being sued for child support, got paid insane money to play a game, can't listen to his coaches, and is a whiney bitch. No!

boppool
01-14-2011, 08:04 AM
I like it. While we're at it, let's get these guys too.
Pacman Jones at CB
Dwayne Jarrett WR
Jamarcus Russell QB ...

bendog
01-14-2011, 08:07 AM
This is a great thread. A very bad idea, but very funny.

Shoemaker
01-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey, while we're throwing out ideas, we totally need another running back to compliment Knowshon next year, right?

Well, Maurice Clarett is back in football! He'd probably sign for cheap too. Why not give him a call?

listopencil
01-14-2011, 08:32 AM
I suggest picking up Haynesworth with a forklift and throwing him in the ocean. Then getting back to building a real D-Line.

listopencil
01-14-2011, 08:33 AM
I would call him IHOP 2.0 or even IHOP Legacy.

I like I-Hop Legacy.

misturanderson
01-14-2011, 08:42 AM
First of all, I don't see how the redskins don't outright cut him next season after the headache he's been this season. He certainly wouldn't be worth much in a trade if they decide to keep him strictly for that purpose.

Second of all, was he really that big of a problem (outside of stomping on that raider's head) before Shanny took over the team and decided to get in public fight after public fight with him? He was absolutely in the wrong for fighting over what he fought over and playing like ass considering how much he was getting paid, but would that really be a problem here if we go to the 4-3 and make him an attacking 3-technique (which is the position he is by far the most valuable in anyway)? That seemed to be his only real point of contention with the redskins.

As a person he's a scumbag, but so are like 25% of the players in the NFL. Not everyone gets the same media attention as Haynesworth does. When they do, it's rarely positive.

Smiling Assassin27
01-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Dude's talent makes him a guy you must bring in for a tryout at least. The potential reward of having an elite DL who's not far removed from being Defensive POY is worth the risk of signing the guy at a below market deal, which his character issues make the only real option for him.

As long as we don't open up the checkbook for this guy, we always have the option of cutting him loose for insubordination. On the other hand, if he pans out, the defense instantly becomes formidable up front.

Bigdawg26
01-14-2011, 08:47 AM
I'd rather let McDaniels take Elway's job as the VP!

loborugger
01-14-2011, 08:51 AM
I like it. While we're at it, let's get these guys too.
Pacman Jones at CB
Dwayne Jarrett WR
Jamarcus Russell QB ...

Whats Dale Carter doing these days?

bendog
01-14-2011, 08:56 AM
http://www.dalecarterfoundation.com/

yerner
01-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Can Rae Carruth get work release?

Shoemaker
01-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Quick, somebody put in a call to Travis Henry.

Bigdawg26
01-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Don't we still have Maurice Clarette #?

Smiling Assassin27
01-14-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm sure OJ SImpson could still beat guys to the edge and would play for the league minimum.

bendog
01-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Now come on. Fat Albert has had dirty plays and he really is a coach killer, but he's not a felon. After IHOP, it's sort of fitting shanny inherited this guy.

Gort
01-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Hey, while we're throwing out ideas, we totally need another running back to compliment Knowshon next year, right?

Well, Maurice Clarett is back in football! He'd probably sign for cheap too. Why not give him a call?

i'm pretty sure Maurice would accept payment in crates of Grey Goose instead of actual cash.

Gort
01-14-2011, 09:35 AM
First of all, I don't see how the redskins don't outright cut him next season after the headache he's been this season. He certainly wouldn't be worth much in a trade if they decide to keep him strictly for that purpose.

Second of all, was he really that big of a problem (outside of stomping on that raider's head) before Shanny took over the team and decided to get in public fight after public fight with him? He was absolutely in the wrong for fighting over what he fought over and playing like ass considering how much he was getting paid, but would that really be a problem here if we go to the 4-3 and make him an attacking 3-technique (which is the position he is by far the most valuable in anyway)? That seemed to be his only real point of contention with the redskins.

As a person he's a scumbag, but so are like 25% of the players in the NFL. Not everyone gets the same media attention as Haynesworth does. When they do, it's rarely positive.

he stomped on a Cowboy and it really was a big deal. the guy could have lost an eye.

On October 1, 2006 in the third quarter of a game against the Cowboys, running back Julius Jones scored on a rushing play. Center Andre Gurode fell to the ground, and his helmet was removed by Haynesworth.

Haynesworth tried to stomp on Gurode's head, but missed. A second stomp opened a severe wound on Gurode's forehead, narrowly missing his right eye. The referee assessed Haynesworth with a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, to which Haynesworth protested by taking off his helmet and throwing it into the turf; Haynesworth was then assessed an additional 15-yard penalty and ejected. [9]

Gurode later received 30 stitches just above and below his right eye.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Haynesworth

...and more antics from Fat Albert:

Arrest warrants were issued against Haynesworth in two Tennessee counties in May 2006 stemming from a traffic incident on Interstate 40. Both sets of charges were dropped in June 2006. The judge in the Putnam County case tossed the charges on the grounds that the alleged offense happened out of their jurisdiction. In Smith County, the district attorney dismissed the charges. In March 2009, Haynesworth was indicted on two misdemeanor traffic charges stemming from a December 2008 car accident in Tennessee.[26] In an accident on Interstate 65, Corey Edmonson was partially paralyzed after colliding with Haynesworth's car. Haynesworth was driving his Ferrari at speeds in excess of 100 mph when he struck Edmonson's vehicle, which struck a concrete barrier

In 2010, Silvia Mena, a stripper from New York, claimed in a $10 million lawsuit that Haynesworth impregnated her and left her with no financial assistance.[29]

bendog
01-14-2011, 09:42 AM
My bad. But seriously, he sounds like a shanny type free agent. Shanny must be slipping to not get along with the guy

Tombstone RJ
01-14-2011, 09:45 AM
I'd rather stick with Vickerson and Thomas than risk bringing in Haynesworth. The Broncos definitely have to draft young DL talent and I don't think its a good idea to bring in a head case like Hayneworth to play along side a you DL player.

BroncosMT
01-14-2011, 09:45 AM
I'd rather stick with Vickerson and Thomas than risk bringing in Haynesworth. The Broncos definitely have to draft young DL talent and I don't think its a good idea to bring in a head case like Hayneworth to play along side a you DL player.

This

misturanderson
01-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Fair point.

Old Dude
01-14-2011, 10:04 AM

I hate to even think about this, but if we have a lockout/strike and a season full of "replacement players" the Omaha Nighthawks are just filled with ex-Bronco players and coaches, including Maurice, and we might see the whole batch of them back here again.

bendog
01-14-2011, 10:06 AM
I read that the owners weren't going down that road again, but if Claret has his mental illness issues under control, he's probably talented enough to make this really crappy team.

Steve Sewell
01-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Let's see...yeah...uhh no.

Ray Finkle
01-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Dude's talent makes him a guy you must bring in for a tryout at least. The potential reward of having an elite DL who's not far removed from being Defensive POY is worth the risk of signing the guy at a below market deal, which his character issues make the only real option for him.

As long as we don't open up the checkbook for this guy, we always have the option of cutting him loose for insubordination. On the other hand, if he pans out, the defense instantly becomes formidable up front.

dude is a locker room cancer...you should see what happens when he parks his fat ass at Jackson's to drink. People clear out around him like he is bad BO.

Steve Sewell
01-14-2011, 10:21 AM
So I was thinking, we need a player we can build our defense around...how about Albert Haynesworth?

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/MmOePtaaBvnGXtXvyLxsnw"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/MmOePtaaBvnGXtXvyLxsnw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

doonwise
01-14-2011, 10:29 AM

Idiotic statement. Yeah, Haynesworth meshes with all the rhetoric we're hearing now about "getting back to broncos football."

Bronco Boy
01-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Regardless of his attitude issues, I don't think Haynesworth is the type of player Fox likes on the D line. Hasn't he always employed smaller quick DTs? Like 290-300lbs max?

TheReverend
01-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Regardless of his attitude issues, I don't think Haynesworth is the type of player Fox likes on the D line. Hasn't he always employed smaller quick DTs? Like 290-300lbs max?

Kris Jenkins is laughing in his fat rolls at your post.

Bronco Boy
01-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Kris Jenkins is laughing in his fat rolls at your post.

Fair enough, although looking at CAR roster from this year I don't see any big boys.

Cool Breeze
01-14-2011, 10:47 AM
http://www.dalecarterfoundation.com/

I went to this website, clicked on the guestbook, and received the error message - data execution blah blah, and it shut my computer down.
He's still a loser...

TheReverend
01-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Fair enough, although looking at CAR roster from this year I don't see any big boys.

Probably a contributing reason to being #23 against the run.

It wasn't long ago that 350-365lb Jenkins played next to 360+ lb Kemoeaeaaaatu.

The man likes beef. Let's go get him some more.

RaiderH8r
01-14-2011, 10:57 AM
No way...
We need to find a way to build a defense in a more conventional way Ha!

I just see in Haynesworth a player who expects a team to bend over backwards to please him.
About the guy take his job more seriously and play ball?

Actually Haynesworth tends to bend the team over forwards just before being pleased by them. But yeah, you have the general idea right. Haynesworth is a cancer we'd get to pay $100M to get. OK, $80M now. He can blow.