PDA

View Full Version : John Fox Poll

mkporter
01-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Time to go on the record, people.

bloodsunday
01-13-2011, 12:58 PM
We coulda done worse. Of the candidates he was the best choice IMO.

It'll be nice to have a different personality and a defensive guy around here!

frerottenextelway
01-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Fire him.

stoxman
01-13-2011, 01:00 PM
How does a coach go from a 2-14 disaster...getting the boot of out town on one team only to go to a superior franchise (us) and get the red carpet treatment? Unreal.

We seriously need the front office to step up and make the right personnel decisions for a change and maybe this guy won't continue to be a mediocre coach.

OBF1
01-13-2011, 01:02 PM
I am okay with it... Best choice from the lot we interviewed. We needed a head coach with NFL experience this time around.

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 01:07 PM
How does a coach go from a 2-14 disaster...getting the boot of out town on one team only to go to a superior franchise (us) and get the red carpet treatment? Unreal.

We seriously need the front office to step up and make the right personnel decisions for a change and maybe this guy won't continue to be a mediocre coach.

Because many people aren't so myopic as to toss out a coach's overall track record for one crappy season in which he was saddled with a team that had zero offensive talent and Jimmy "I look like a retard" Clausen at quarterback.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
inexperience in elway and xanders is new GM, they needed a known commodity and they got it. and more important to me, stability on defensive side of the ball.

OBF1
01-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Jim Mora is being asked by Fox to be the D-Coordinator, per NFL.com

DrFate
01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Check out his entire track record here:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Fox-Takes-the-Reins/b6952341-7bf3-4c0a-9ff7-855588e9c380

broncocalijohn
01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Time to go on the record, people.

went the safest route possible. I wanted Rivera so I was less excited about the outcome. Elway's first real test. Hope it passes with flying colors.

bronco militia
01-13-2011, 01:13 PM
whatever.....better than Josh Mcdaniels.

fix the defense, dammit

Gcver2ver3
01-13-2011, 01:16 PM

Bill Belichick went 5-11 his last year with the Browns...

a change a scenery can do a lot of good plus coaches learn from previous mistakes made...

not saying Fox will be great but you can't say he won't be because of one season...

besides, of the candidates to select from whom else is a better choice?...

at least Fox really wanted to coach us...which is more than we can say for the Harboughs, Mularkeys, and Gregg Williams of the world...

txtebow
01-13-2011, 01:20 PM
SuperBowl experienced coach who has coached hard nosed football teams. WELCOME back the ORANGE CRUSH!!!!!

bowtown
01-13-2011, 01:23 PM
The Broncos will not regret this choice. What a slam dunk! The Elway era is off to a fantastic start. I'm ecstatic with this choice.

R8R H8R
01-13-2011, 01:25 PM

He's already impressing me. I like that choice. I hope he does as well w/ the OC, but I'm afraid it'll be McCoy.

chanesaw
01-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Wasn't my first choice, but I am happy with the hire. I hope he does well.

Old Dude
01-13-2011, 01:28 PM
When I first heard that Fox had been named as the coach, I was pretty excited.

But it's been almost 45 minutes, and as far as I can tell, he hasn't done jack and we have yet to win a single game since he's been here.

boltaneer
01-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Good hire for you guys, I guess.

He's an SDSU guy so I like Fox but I think he is overrated. Three winning seasons in nine years. But with the state the Broncos are in, he's probably a good stop gap coach for a few years.

schaaf
01-13-2011, 01:31 PM

He's an SDSU guy so I like Fox but I think he is overrated. Three winning seasons in nine years. But with the state the Broncos are in, he's probably a good stop gap coach for a few years.

_i_O_i__i_O_i__i_O_i__i_O_i_

Headless Hessian Rider
01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Like the Choice... My last name means Fox in english and we got the same initials JF ... Elway is back and Tebow is wearing my number... Glory Years lay ahead :-)

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 01:36 PM

He did a hell of a lot more than Norv Turner with a hell of a lot less. :rofl:

atomicbloke
01-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Has a bald white coach ever won a Super Bowl?

Gcver2ver3
01-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Has a bald white coach ever won a Super Bowl?

was tom landry bald?....he always wore the hat...

Steve Sewell
01-13-2011, 02:02 PM
In Fox's first year with Panthers, they went from:

1-15 record, with a defense ranked 28th in points allowed and 31st in yards.

to

7-9 record, with a defense ranked 5th in points allowed and 2nd in yards allowed.

Color me excited about this guy.

2KBack
01-13-2011, 02:05 PM

This takes me from Meh...to WTF. That is an awful first hire. There's a reason the guy was out of football in 2010.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 02:15 PM
In France, he would be called "le renard" and he would be hunted with only his cunning to protect him.

http://digitalpolyphony.webs.com/waynes-world_l.jpg

HAT
01-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Not really that excited........But at least it's not Dennison.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 03:25 PM
In Fox's first year with Panthers, they went from:

1-15 record, with a defense ranked 28th in points allowed and 31st in yards.

to

7-9 record, with a defense ranked 5th in points allowed and 2nd in yards allowed.

Color me excited about this guy.

not only that, look at the offensive talent he is starting with here in denver. this is starting to look more and more like the best option for this team.

Bronco Yoda
01-13-2011, 03:31 PM
I'll go on record right now as having always admired Fox's front line!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/netizen/th_Samantha-Fox11.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v30/netizen/?action=view&current=Samantha-Fox11.jpg)

zdoor
01-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Rivera was my first choice but I like Fox. His experience will be valuable and he'll focus in D. He's on record as a Tebow guy and I think he's a class act. His spot on Sirius with T-rock and Pat Kirwan is one of the best coach segments on NFL radio. I'm optimistic...

lostknight
01-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Let's see what he says about McCoy and Tebow.

elsid13
01-13-2011, 03:38 PM

But it's been almost 45 minutes, and as far as I can tell, he hasn't done jack and we have yet to win a single game since he's been here.

You internet generation wannabe. Next thing you be telling us that you want more then 4 TV channels.

frerottenextelway
01-13-2011, 03:47 PM
http://historybyday.com/photos/fox-mcd.gif

mikey555
01-13-2011, 04:57 PM

I:thumbsup: agree with the old dude!!

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Seems he has a pretty high approval rating. Then again, he is replacing the most reviled coach in Broncos history. That's probably giving him a boost.

listopencil
01-13-2011, 05:05 PM

Nice. I like it. I have a positive feeling about Fox.

Tim
01-13-2011, 05:40 PM
I wasn't thrilled about fox but now i'll be a fan of his.

I hope he hires a great staff. I think mora jr for DC makes sense and then we'll keep donatell at secondary

frerottenextelway
01-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I wasn't thrilled about fox but now i'll be a fan of his.

I hope he hires a great staff. I think mora jr for DC makes sense and then we'll keep donatell at secondary

If you go in open-minded, Fox is a guy you'll genuinely like really soon. A coach's coach, more likable than Santa Claus.

Boomhauer
01-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Not an improvement over Studes, just costs more.

Dukes
01-14-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm just happy it wasn't Dennison, my god that would have been absolutely terrible.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Not an improvement over Studes, just costs more.

Yeah, you're right. Guy that's taken a team to the playoffs three times as a head coach isn't better than a guy who has coached three games -- total -- as a head coach.

Really good call. ****ing inbred moron.

crazyhorse
01-14-2011, 06:27 AM
My honest opinion is meh.

I see that the majority is happy or excited. But I feel like if it were the Chiefs or Raiders that hired him, none of you would be impressed or scared of the hire. In fact, you guys would be cracking on us because he comes off a losing team that hasn't done much for awhile and thats being kind.

But as many here know, its about the players you assemble. Its about scouting and putting together a caoching staff. A head coach in todays NFL is more of an administrator than anything else. With the exception of a few coaches that is. If he puts a good staff together, and has a god personell man, he will do okay. Patience will be important on behalf of the fans. You guys are in for another "start from scratch" rebuild. If you have a bunch of guys that fit his plans, then it wont be so bad. But if he has to build it from the ground up, it could get ugly before it gets better. It will also depend in Elway IMO. Will he have his hands on the team or will he let the new hires do thier job. IMO Elway is the wild card here. He has no experience doing what he's doing and was hired strictly as a PR move. That may not be popular, but its my true opinion. Because I think khe was hired for damage control, I think its likely that Bowlen will want immediate success or he will "knee jerk" Fox out of there and you will be in for a "carousel". If hat happens, you could be in for it for some time.

Just so you know, I hope you guys get it together right away. I want the competition. Its better when the West is strong. Its more fun to watch and you get a sense of pride even when the west beats other teams in the league.

edit: after going back and looking at his record, he hasn't done that poorly. Better than I thought. I did notice that he likes a manager at QB. No Tebow types in his past. Im curious what he will do with him. His best QBs have been Buerlien and Delhomme. I'll bump my vote to a "cautiously optimistic".

jhns
01-14-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure what to think of Fox yet but I like us getting a defensive guy that has had some success. We also got a guy with experience.

worm
01-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Just the thought that he must have contempt for the Raiders after stepping down\being forced to leave there makes me like the guy.

Winning another Super Bowl with somebody else that Al spurned makes me downright giddy.

Give Fox the horses and I think he can get this team FINALLY moving in the right direction.

Great choice Duke.

go_broncos
01-14-2011, 07:56 AM
John is much better than Josh..We will win SB in couple of years.
Sick and tired of seeing immature josh on sidelines.
It's refreshing to see an experienced coach on the sidelines..

tsiguy96
01-14-2011, 08:02 AM
John is much better than Josh..We will win SB in couple of years.
Sick and tired of seeing immature josh on sidelines.
It's refreshing to see an experienced coach on the sidelines..

http://www.lyricsystem.com/img/posters/017_GETOVERIT_QUAD_2SIDED.jpg

cousinal11
01-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Love the hiring on so many levels.

Cheap ownership, bad QB play and injuries riddled his time in Carolina.

Gcver2ver3
01-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Love the hiring on so many levels.

Cheap ownership, bad QB play and injuries riddled his time in Carolina.

agreed...

we're gonna have a great draft...a great offseason...a great TC...a great preseason...

and then we're gonna reclaim what's ours...the AFCW...

thats right i said it...

doonwise
01-14-2011, 10:35 AM
He's tearing the team apart! If that SOB even tries to trade Hillis, I'll go ballistic.

doonwise
01-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Seriously though, this is what concerns me:
9 seasons as Carolina's headcoach
3 winning seasons
overall record: 73 wins 71 losses.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fox_(American_football)#Carolina_Panthers

And I don't seem to recall their division mates being all that awesome during that time:
Atlanta, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay...

doonwise
01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Looking over the Carolina message board, those guys fully expect Jim Kipper to follow Fox (which wouldn't be bad) but that would likely mean we'd lose studesville:

http://prod.www.panthers.clubs.nfl.com/team/coaches/jim-skipper/603e9ce4-ea68-4390-a03e-b138b163dcfd

You know, read that link. It's pretty exciting. I'd love to get this guy. Sounds like he's able to do a lot with a little and is very creative.