View Full Version : Post says its down to Fox, Dennison, and Koetter

titan
01-13-2011, 12:28 PM
List trimmed to 3

Read more here:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17087361

frerottenextelway
01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
I think it's Fox's if he really wants it.

BroncosMT
01-13-2011, 12:33 PM
I think it's Fox's if he really wants it.

One can only hope

eddie mac
01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
well if we're led to believe Elway's previous comments re: HC experience then it has to be Fox.

But **** if that isn't one **** uninspiring list and just shows you that in reality money is an issue despite the crap that dribbles from Ellis' mouth, either that or none have been too enamoured with the crap roster they'd be taking on here.

eddie mac
01-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I suppose if Fox gets it, it means that McCoy stays, ugghh my ****ing god.

tsiguy96
not that the mods will merge this, but i already started a poll with final 3 on it.

OBF1
well if we're led to believe Elway's previous comments re: HC experience then it has to be Fox.

But **** if that isn't one **** uninspiring list and just shows you that in reality money is an issue despite the crap that dribbles from Ellis' mouth, either that or none have been too enamoured with the crap roster they'd be taking on here.

Please list your source of Pat Bowlens/Denver Broncos money issues. Man I am tired of hearing this sh it day after day. Sounds like a bunch of parrots talking to each other.....

Agamemnon
So Dennison is on the list because...he's got Bronco connections?

I fear that Rico is going to be our new head coach very soon. That just looks like a catastrophe waiting to happen.

OBF1
01-13-2011, 12:37 PM
not that the mods will merge this, but i already started a poll with final 3 on it.

Maybe if you would title your threads correctlyW we would not run into this every day.

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 12:38 PM

Who are the candidates that would be so much more exciting?

Why do I have a feeling you are a Cowher or Gruden freak...

Rohirrim
01-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Of those three, I hope it's Fox. Not an inspiring list. Why won't they wait until after this weekend and see who else is available? meh

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Dennison, the Houston Texans' offensive coordinator, is the finalist who is most familiar with the Broncos' organization, having spent 24 years with the team as a player and assistant coach.

Fox, who was the Carolina Panthers' head coach the previous nine seasons, is the only candidate who has proven he can resurrect a moribund franchise.

And Koetter, the Jacksonville Jaguars' offensive coordinator and former college head coach, is a sleeper who received the greatest number of recommendations from coaches and executives within the industry.

Re-read those three snippets and tell me again how Dennison should be considered. If he hadn't been a Bronco he wouldn't even be on the radar.

Fox has experience and has rebuilt a franchise before and been to a Super Bowl.

Koetter has great reviews in college and pro coaching circles, and would make for a well connect hire in terms of getting information and building a solid staff.

Dennison was a bronco a long time.

I bet Pat want's to hire Dennison and everyone else doesn't.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
01-13-2011, 12:41 PM

tsiguy feels he is not getting enough attention for his contributions. **** your poll.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Maybe if you would title your threads correctlyW we would not run into this every day.

what is the ONLY topic going on in bronco land right now? when we have tracked every interview over the last few weeks, how is "down to 3" with a poll not 100000% obvious?

as mock would say, get a clue.

titan
01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
So Dennison is on the list because...he's got Bronco connections?

I fear that Rico is going to be our new head coach very soon. That just looks like a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Would they bring good old "Rico" back for yet another interview only to turn him down? I fear the same mindset that picked xanders as GM is at work in picking Dennison as coach (keeping the hire in the "family")

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
tsiguy feels he is not getting enough attention for his contributions. **** your poll.

:spit:

HILife
01-13-2011, 12:43 PM
This is the best we can do? We suck.

Man-Goblin
http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/bizarreland/default/tiny-small-big--large-msg-125147894722.jpg

Inkana7
Of those three, I hope it's Fox. Not an inspiring list. Why won't they wait until after this weekend and see who else is available? meh

Really, if you look at the coaches who are coaching this weekend, who would be available?

Patriots - Clearly Belichick is the master of that domain. No one from that coaching tree will be hired for years.

Jets - Rex runs the defense and Brian Shottenheimer sucks.

Steelers - Bruce Arians (OC) blows a bag of dicks, Lebeau is like 73. There are some interesting DC options on that team though.

Ravens - Cam Cameron has failed once, and every DC who goes to the Ravens has success because Ozzie is a pimp at drafting defensive talent. Pass.

Packers - Capers has already been taken off the list, McCarthy runs the Offense there.

Atlanta - Mularky apparently doesn't like us. Who runs the D there? Mike Smith probably has input on that, being a former DC

Seahawks - lol

Bears - lol

RocBronc
01-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Fox and Dennison don't do anything for me... I don't know much about Koetter but I'm intrigued by all the good recommendations he got so I guess I'm pulling for him right now.

My preference:
Koetter
Fox
Dennison

I've never been a fan of Dennison... Whenever I saw him on the sidelines he reminded me of Wade Phillips with that whole "I'm over my head and I don't inspire anyone" look.

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 12:44 PM

Personally I don't think there is a candidate available that has a better resume than Fox (Gruden and Cowher don't really seem to be options for anyone). The guy has had quite a bit of success operating under some pretty severe limitations (Jake Delhomme for instance). I think people are making too much of his one bad season there with a garbage roster and no QB.

crush17
01-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Is there any possibility that it could be Fox with Koetter as OC/asst head coach?

Highly unlikely, but one can dream.

bendog
01-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Re-read those three snippets and tell me again how Dennison should be considered. If he hadn't been a Bronco he wouldn't even be on the radar.

Fox has experience and has rebuilt a franchise before and been to a Super Bowl.

Koetter has great reviews in college and pro coaching, circles and would make for a well connect hire in terms of getting information and building a solid staff.

Dennison was a bronco a long time.

I bet Pat want's to hire Dennison and everyone else doesn't.

They interview the guy as a courtesy two years ago, and he has reportedly the best interview of anyone, but Pat hires McD at least in part because he wants someone with no shanny ties. Low and behold, McD turns out to be worse than Lou Saban and the fans are ready to storm Invesco with pitchforks and torches. The running game that had a two thousand yard rusher and two 1000 yd rushers in the same year is the worst in the league; we got a noodle arm journeyman and a project qb; first round picks who can't stay on the field; we're trading twos for ones and fours for runningbacks who are hurt and were on NE cut lists ..... yeah I think maybe looking to someone from shanny's school might make a little sense.

Agamemnon
Would they bring good old "Rico" back for yet another interview only to turn him down? I fear the same mindset that picked xanders as GM is at work in picking Dennison as coach (keeping the hire in the "family")

It just has fail written all over it. I hate cronyism, but if we're completely honest, that's the reason Elway is involved in all of this as well. This is starting to look like a big circle jerk...

bpc
What a rag tag bunch of candidates. Definitely doesn't inspire optimism. Hopefully Fox doesn't have standards about how much he should be paid or were screwed.

What a terrible joke of a hiring cycle for Denver fans.

Pony Boy
01-13-2011, 12:49 PM
List trimmed to 3

Read more here:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17087361

Humm ..... it kind of reminds me of when Ford first started building cars, they said "you can pick any color you want as long as it's black".

Gcver2ver3
01-13-2011, 12:54 PM

whats so wrong with McCoy?...

i thought he was doing a decent job with Tebow the last couple games...

plus, i'm not too excited for Big Bow to have to learn another offense...

titan
01-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Leaking the final 3 looks now to be a favor to Dennison and Koetter before naming Fox. Sure didn't let the "final 3" story stay out there long.

Pony Boy
01-13-2011, 01:04 PM
end of thread

frerottenextelway
01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Leaking the final 3 looks now to be a favor to Dennison and Koetter before naming Fox. Sure didn't let the "final 3" story stay out there long.

That.

Boomhauer
01-13-2011, 11:11 PM

This.
A .500 HC that's more administrator and a QB/OC with no skills doesn't seem like an improvement. I think Studes + McCoy would give the same results.