PDA

View Full Version : denver media updates and predictions

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 08:57 AM
initial interviews seem to be over:
thegarymiller
Broncos will decide Thurs or Fri who finalists are and call them back for 2nd interviews. Hope to announce new coach next week.

predictions:

andrew mason top three:
To all those who asked how I read the tea leaves: I see Fox as the favorite, followed by Koetter and Dennison.

thegarymiller
Things could change but here's the way I see Broncos coaching derby right now: 1. Dennison 2. Koetter 3. Fox

Vic Lombardi
My derby looks like this: Fox, Rico, Koetter

3 broncos reporters all putting these 3 at the top pretty much knocks out studesville and fewell, it would seem. doesnt appear they will bring anyone else in like capers, mularkey etc. sure we will find out more later.

meangene
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM

predictions:

3 broncos reporters all putting these 3 at the top pretty much knocks out studesville and fewell, it would seem. doesnt appear they will bring anyone else in like capers, mularkey etc. sure we will find out more later.

Among those three, Fox seems like a no-brainer unless we are stupid or cheap. Fewell should be in the final three. Any choice other than Fox is strike two IMO - Xanders being strike one.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Gary Miller said they were already negotiating with Calhoun the day McD was fired. He also had some terrible info IIRC during the CU coaching search. The guy has 0 credibility.

BroncosMT
Among those three, Fox seems like a no-brainer unless we are stupid or cheap. Fewell should be in the final three. Any choice other than Fox is strike two IMO - Xanders being strike one.

I would agree

tsiguy96

so before xanders ever has a shot to be the real GM, its already a strike to have him on staff. makes sense ^5

lostknight
01-13-2011, 09:03 AM
To very Tebow friendly coaches in Fox (his experience with Gerrald) and Dennison (ZBS is Tebow's best friend). Not sure about Koetter. I may be reading too much into the videos, but it seems from the coaching videos, but it sure seems like Fox and Dennison want the job more then Koetter.

I would love it if they were to release the full interview later, not likely, but this is a step up. I'm starting to make my peace with Fox, especially if he keeps McCoy around.

Play2win
01-13-2011, 09:09 AM
On a side note...

Has Gary Miller been right about anything... EVER ???

2KBack
01-13-2011, 09:11 AM
To very Tebow friendly coaches in Fox (his experience with Gerrald) and Dennison (ZBS is Tebow's best friend). Not sure about Koetter. I may be reading too much into the videos, but it seems from the coaching videos, but it sure seems like Fox and Dennison want the job more then Koetter.

I would love it if they were to release the full interview later, not likely, but this is a step up. I'm starting to make my peace with Fox, especially if he keeps McCoy around.

I think you're confusing coaches a bit. Koetter is the one who worked with Gerrard.

Man-Goblin
01-13-2011, 09:16 AM
so before xanders ever has a shot to be the real GM, its already a strike to have him on staff. makes sense ^5

No. But not bringing anyone else in to interview and possibly submit some fresh or better ideas is disturbing to say the least. Unless, ya know, Xanders is just there to iron John's ugly sweaters.

Kaylore
Gary Miller said they were already negotiating with Calhoun the day McD was fired. He also had some terrible info IIRC during the CU coaching search. The guy has 0 credibility.

On a side note...

These sum it up.

My personal ranking is
Fox
Koetter
Fewell
Dennison

Based on money I think they hire Koetter.

I have a hard time buying the staff is going to go rookie head coach two times in a row. Teams in all sports typically go opposite of what they had before.

NFLBRONCO
Imo it's simple

1. Fox: if John is true to his word on what he wanted this should be the guy
2. Dennison: Denver really wants to go back to glory days cheaper money wise he will get job.

I think its down to these guys

oubronco
01-13-2011, 09:18 AM
They said they want to get it right so I don't think money will be an issue

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 09:20 AM
2. Dennison: I really want to go back to glory days and live in the past
Fixed your post.

Rohirrim
01-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Isn't Fox the only one who meets Elway's stated criteria?

2KBack
01-13-2011, 09:23 AM
These sum it up.

My personal ranking is
Fox
Koetter
Fewell
Dennison

I have a hard time buying the staff is going to go rookie head coach two times in a row. Teams in all sports typically go opposite of what they had before.

That's how I see it shaking out as well. honestly I would love for them to find a way to get both Koetter and Fox on staff (If these are actually the top guys)

TonyR
01-13-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm mostly on board with Fox but I'm surprised that Marty Mornhinweg's name hasn't at least come up. I'm equally surprised that Pat Shurmur appears to be the favorite in Cleveland...

cousinal11
01-13-2011, 09:31 AM
My personal ranking is
Fox
Koetter
Fewell
Dennison

Agree.

Gcver2ver3
01-13-2011, 09:31 AM

keeping McCoy would mean no ZBS right?...

i suppose i could live with that, but ZBS is something i was hoping for to return...McCoy seems to work well with Big Bow IMO...

i too am starting to make peace with Fox as HC...

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm mostly on board with Fox but I'm surprised that Marty Mornhinweg's name hasn't at least come up. I'm equally surprised that Pat Shurmur appears to be the favorite in Cleveland...

Mike Holmgren's defensive coordinator was his uncle in Green Bay. I'd be pissed if the head coach was hired because of that kind of connection.

outdoor_miner
01-13-2011, 09:35 AM
I think if the Falcons lose this weekend, Mularky will join the race. Out of the current candidates, though, I'm rooting for Fox.

ColoradoDarin
On a side note...

He's like Taco, but with a bigger audience :)

Kaylore
To very Tebow friendly coaches in Fox (his experience with Gerrald) and Dennison (ZBS is Tebow's best friend). Not sure about Koetter.

A west coast offense is a terrible one for Tebow. He has mobility, but his short and intermediate throws are not his strong suit. We need to stretch the field. Fox actually runs an offense like that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 09:37 AM
All speculation and bull****. "Gut feelings" and the like. Blah.

This isn't reporting. It's throwing **** at a wall and hoping some will stick.

PRBronco
01-13-2011, 09:39 AM
A west coast offense is a terrible one for Tebow. He has mobility, but his short and intermediate throws are not his strong suit. We need to stretch the field. Fox actually runs an offense like that.

Omg Baybaynextmuhsinmuhammed! :~ohyah!:

NFLBRONCO
01-13-2011, 09:40 AM
fixed your post.

ty :)

Bronco Boy
01-13-2011, 09:41 AM
So Broncos reporters are racists, got it.

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 09:41 AM
omg baybaynextmuhsinmuhammed! :~ohyah!:

royalnextstevesmithwtfbbq!!1!!

BroncoInferno
01-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Isn't Fox the only one who meets Elway's stated criteria?

He said he wanted a guy with head coaching experience at either the college or pro level. Koetter has 9 years head coaching at the college level (3 years at Boise State & 6 at Arizona State), so he fits. Dennison does not.

TonyR
01-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Fyi, just to stir people up, looks like Nolan might be "available"?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/13/about-that-mike-nolan-to-dallas-rumor/

Edit: upon re-reading it sounds like Lombardi's report is wrong...

BroncoInferno
01-13-2011, 09:45 AM

So does Koetter.

titan
01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
These sum it up.

My personal ranking is
Fox
Koetter
Fewell
Dennison

That's how I would rank them, too. What concerns me is that the Broncos have made two "in the family" decisions in a row (Elway as head of football operations, xanders as GM) and I that enthusiastic greeting Ellis gave Dennison in the video may have been an omen. If the Broncos keep with the "in the family" trend Dennison is the pick (which I think would be a mistake)

I'm ok with any of the top 3 in the order you listed.

bowtown
01-13-2011, 10:05 AM
these sum it up.

My personal ranking is
fox
koetter
fewell
dennison

+1

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 10:07 AM
So does Koetter.

Yes. I was just pointing to the two coach's in the previous post. Koetter actually does a great job of making an offense based around his personnel so he has some flexibility there, which is nice.

meangene
01-13-2011, 10:16 AM

Yeah it does. Guy is clearly not qualified to be GM despite the attempts to "fluff" his resume and distance him from every negative move made by McD while he was the GM. He has been demonstrated to be two-faced in contradictory quotes regarding what he did, and did not do, during those two years. He is a weasel of the first order, plain and simple. Elway's inexperience makes retaining a guy like Xanders even more of a mistake. Strike one.

gyldenlove
01-13-2011, 10:18 AM
So unless it is Fox it will be another few years of ****ty defenses under an offensive coach?

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah it does. Guy is clearly not qualified to be GM despite the attempts to "fluff" his resume and distance him from every negative move made by McD while he was the GM. He has been demonstrated to be two-faced in contradictory quotes regarding what he did, and did not do, during those two years. He is a weasel of the first order, plain and simple. Elway's inexperience makes retaining a guy like Xanders even more of a mistake. Strike one.

What happens at strike three? Are you gonna beat 'em all up?

meangene
01-13-2011, 10:21 AM
What happens at strike three? Are you gonna beat 'em all up?

I think the fan base implodes! ;D Strike three would be botching the draft.

TonyR
01-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Legwold implies that Fox is unlikely...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17079090

baja
01-13-2011, 10:27 AM

predictions:

Are you angry with your shift key?

bendog
01-13-2011, 10:38 AM

I don't think he did when he had Delhomme healthy and Smith and Muhammed. They didn't even utilize a TE much, but it was Smith over the top, Muhammed underneath and dump off to a RB

NFLBRONCO
01-13-2011, 10:52 AM

Hello coach Dennison I think I just barfed.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-13-2011, 10:56 AM

This is such ****ing stupid logic.

They owe Shanny for 1 more year and the McD buyout that I'm sure will be paid this year also, and wouldn't be the full amount he was owed, hence why there's a buyout. They are now going to make a multi-year decision on a head coach based on a single season's budget.

**** you Pat.

oubronco
01-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Broncos president Joe Ellis, who coordinates the budgets on all things Broncos for team owner Pat Bowlen, has said money won't the guiding principle in hiring a new head coach, that the Broncos will try to get the best man for the job, no matter the cost.

Read more: Analysis: Broncos' choice for head coach may be a matter of money - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17079090#ixzz1AwIYIgal) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17079090#ixzz1AwIYIgal
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

SpringStein
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
If it is what both sides want, $$ can be worked out. For instance, if Fox and his agent wants $5MM and we can only pay 3.5 due to still playing Shanny, pay him $4mm this year, 5MM in year 2 and $6mm in year 3.

Done! ;)

Broncoman13
01-13-2011, 11:05 AM

I don't care what Leggy is saying. If the Broncos think that Fox can come in and fix this team, they will pay him. If the team suffers in their performance again it will cost them a lot more than whatever the difference is between Fox and Dennison.

I figure Fox could be had on a 4 year contract worth $15m. Less than what he was making in Carolina, but 4 years worth of money and not a lot of other options out there.

Of the candidates available I prefer Fox. He has always focused on DL and OL and his teams have consistently been able to run the ball.

oubronco
01-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Why don't they pay coaches with peformance escalator clauses like players

mkporter
01-13-2011, 11:11 AM
My personal ranking is
Fox
Koetter
Fewell
Dennison

Kinda the way I'm feeling too. I might put Koetter first, just because I like the thought of starting with a new coach and not having a bunch of preconceived notions about them. Hiring Fox does give us some insurance against Xanders/Elway having some issues running the show, however, since he has significant experience.

cousinal11
01-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Good question if they don't.

baja
01-13-2011, 11:22 AM
If this were about the money seems they would have just kept Josh until the labor issue was settled.

SpringStein
01-13-2011, 11:22 AM

They do - it's called a new contract! ;D

gyldenlove
01-13-2011, 11:23 AM

Because coach contracts are guaranteed so it makes sense for a coach to take a little less overall but make it all guaranteed rather than tying it up in escalators that he won't get if he gets fired.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-13-2011, 11:26 AM
I figure Fox could be had on a 4 year contract worth $15m. Less than what he was making in Carolina, but 4 years worth of money and not a lot of other options out there.

You figure that based on what?

McD was making $3M per season and he was a rookie HC. Fox has gone to a Super Bowl and another NFCC game.

No chance that $3.75M per year pulls Fox.

yerner
01-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I think they are all good canidates. I kind of get the used car salesman feel from Koettner though. He was a joke at ASU regardless of the record he posted. Not many of my scummie friends had much nice to say about him.

The reason I like Dennison from these three is that we know that he will be able to get the Broncos to run the ball. Fox would be solid too. He was always talked about as one of the leagues best coaches until this year. They may be getting him on the cheap.

baja
01-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't care what Leggy is saying. If the Broncos think that Fox can come in and fix this team, they will pay him. If the team suffers in their performance again it will cost them a lot more than whatever the difference is between Fox and Dennison.

Of the candidates available I prefer Fox. He has always focused on DL and OL and his teams have consistently been able to run the ball.

Ya it's not like Fox needs a travel agent to coordinate his interviews.

Does it concern anyone else that Fox just came off a stressful gig and is wanting to jump into another very stressful rebuild with not anymore say than he had in his last gig which had to be a bone of contention for him.

PRBronco
01-13-2011, 11:28 AM

McD was making $3M per season and he was a rookie HC. Fox has gone to a Super Bowl and another NFCC game.

Yeah but I read on the Mane that he is average, and "meh".

PRBronco
01-13-2011, 11:29 AM

Does it concern anyone else that Fox just came off a stressful gig and is wanting to jump into another very stressful rebuild with not anymore say than he had in his last gig which had to be a bone of contention for him.

New baja is so jaded. I'm talking last book Harry Potter jaded.

bendog
01-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Elway already said the coach and xanders do the draft with Elway holding the tie breaker. I haven't seen anything to indicate Bowlen won't let a coach and gm go after Free Agents ... so long as Elway agrees the money will be worth the on the field performance (Carter/IHOP)

Rohirrim
01-13-2011, 11:30 AM
It's going to be Dennison.

In the inimitable words of Hotrod, "We're ****ed."

bendog
01-13-2011, 11:31 AM
I didn't find the last book jaded. Snape turned out to be the real hero. "??????

God, I hope i didn't give the ending away ......

Hercules Rockefeller
01-13-2011, 11:34 AM
It's going to be Dennison.

In the inimitable words of Hotrod, "We're ****ed."

They're ****ed if they hire someone that even CU told to **** off.

oubronco
01-13-2011, 11:35 AM
They're ****ed if they hire someone that even CU told to **** off.

Oh Snap

Tombstone RJ
01-13-2011, 11:35 AM

Fox had a bad situation in Carolina, he was a lame duck coach with a young team that suffered some big injuries (If I remember correctly). His QB situation wasn't good either.

Fox is a well respected coach among NFL personel and if he becomes the Broncos next HC, I think it will be a step in the right direction to getting this team back to respectability. He's the most qualified candidate for the job.

Tombstone RJ
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Elway already said the coach and xanders do the draft with Elway holding the tie breaker. I haven't seen anything to indicate Bowlen won't let a coach and gm go after Free Agents ... so long as Elway agrees the money will be worth the on the field performance (Carter/IHOP)

Xanders better have final say, he's the GM. It's great if he and the next HC agree on the picks, but being a GM, Xanders makes the call on all players drafted, brought in as FAs or released from the team. That's his job.

The only time Elway should come into the picture is if Xanders can't make a friggen decision and he needs Elway's opinion on something. Elway should not be involved because the HC and GM don't agree on the player personel, it's the GM's call and he should have final say, otherwise, what is the point of haveing the guy if the HC is gonna throw a monkey wrench into the whole situation when it comes to the draft and FAs and whatnot?

fdf
01-13-2011, 11:50 AM

I would be more concerned with the apparent fact that Xanders, although above McDaniels in the hierarchy and although Bowlen wanted to split power up more when he hired MacDaniels, allowed McDaniels to take control in the same way Shanahan had control. In other words, from the outside, it seems like McDaniels kind of walked all over Xanders and Xanders let it happen.

If I'm correct, that's an issue with Xanders management abilities. It also could be that Ellis and Bowlen didn't support Xanders in the "boss" role when push came to shove as between McDaniels and Xanders.

In the new system, Xanders will be caught between the new coach and Elway. If the new coach just keeps going around or ignoring Xanders, we're back to the same problem.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 11:52 AM

you know literally zero about his resume and background, yet still make posts like hes not qualified to be a GM, based on pretty much nothing. got ya.

SoDak Bronco
01-13-2011, 11:58 AM
I heard schefty a few minutes ago on ESPN say fox interview went good Dennison is likely the canidate....and then he dropped Fewell to still be in the mix...OH YEAH baby!! LET's go Perry close this deal.

mkporter
01-13-2011, 11:58 AM

Fox made $3M last year w/ Carolina. A 25% raise after a 2-14 season isn't exactly a slap in the face. This is also pretty much his last shot at a HC position this year. Everything else is taken, or is the Raiders. He isn't going to do better as a coordinator or TV guy.

Broncoman13
01-13-2011, 12:00 PM

Based on the fact that there isn't another job out there available for him.

Oakland is gonna go with Jackson. Cleveland with the nephew. San Fran, Minny, and Dallas all filled. What is left?

He takes a job as a DC he won't make but $1.5m per at the most.

bendog
01-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Xanders better have final say, he's the GM. It's great if he and the next HC agree on the picks, but being a GM, Xanders makes the call on all players drafted, brought in as FAs or released from the team. That's his job.

The only time Elway should come into the picture is if Xanders can't make a friggen decision and he needs Elway's opinion on something. Elway should not be involved because the HC and GM don't agree on the player personel, it's the GM's call and he should have final say, otherwise, what is the point of haveing the guy if the HC is gonna throw a monkey wrench into the whole situation when it comes to the draft and FAs and whatnot?

From his interview that was up on the official site, that's not how it's gonna work. He said if the coach and Xanders don't agree, he'll make the call. However, the way he's gonna try to go at least till he's had more experience is that if the coach and Xanders don't agree on player a, he'll try to get a consensus on another player.

I don't know why you feel its Xanders call. Xanders has never had overall personnel control. Bowlen tried going with a teenager once before, and the car got wrecked. Essentially Elway is in trainging to be team president, with cooridinating all off the field operations, and with final say in everything not coaching, and subject to Bowlen signing off on financial issues.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 12:06 PM
This is such ****ing stupid logic.

They owe Shanny for 1 more year and the McD buyout that I'm sure will be paid this year also, and wouldn't be the full amount he was owed, hence why there's a buyout. They are now going to make a multi-year decision on a head coach based on a single season's budget.

**** you Pat.

Agree that it's stupid logic, but it's Legwold's logic, not necessarily the FO's. Keep that in mind.

Yeah, to everyone outside the organization, it seems like we're looking for a coach on the cheap. But if that's the case, why even bother talking to Fox? Why attempt to even interview Harbaugh?

meangene
01-13-2011, 12:20 PM
you know literally zero about his resume and background, yet still make posts like hes not qualified to be a GM, based on pretty much nothing. got ya.

Yeah, I lack your personal knowledge and insight and can't read. :thumbs:

BroncoInferno
01-13-2011, 12:21 PM

What are his other options? No one else has called him in for an interview to my knowledge, and even if some team made him the highest paid assistant in the league, his salary would not be a 3rd of that. His salary was set at $6 million back when his star was a little brighter...coming off a pair of disappointing seasons and a 2-14 record, no one is going to offer him that much even if he sits out a year. If he wants to be a head coach again, he's going to have to take a pay cut.

meangene
01-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I would be more concerned with the apparent fact that Xanders, although above McDaniels in the hierarchy and although Bowlen wanted to split power up more when he hired MacDaniels, allowed McDaniels to take control in the same way Shanahan had control. In other words, from the outside, it seems like McDaniels kind of walked all over Xanders and Xanders let it happen.

If I'm correct, that's an issue with Xanders management abilities. It also could be that Ellis and Bowlen didn't support Xanders in the "boss" role when push came to shove as between McDaniels and Xanders.

In the new system, Xanders will be caught between the new coach and Elway. If the new coach just keeps going around or ignoring Xanders, we're back to the same problem.

I honestly don't know which would be worse - the new coach making personnel decisions again or Xanders.

PRBronco
01-13-2011, 12:29 PM
What are his other options? No one else has called him in for an interview to my knowledge, and even if some team made him the highest paid assistant in the league, his salary would not be a 3rd of that. His salary was set at $6 million back when his star was a little brighter...coming off a pair of disappointing seasons and a 2-14 record, no one is going to offer him that much even if he sits out a year. If he wants to be a head coach again, he's going to have to take a pay cut.

He's a 55 year old multimillionaire. I know what my other option would be!

BroncoInferno
01-13-2011, 12:32 PM
He's a 55 year old multimillionaire. I know what my other option would be!

Well, that's the question...how bad does he want to keep coaching? If he is so concerned about money and getting similar pay to his Carolina salary that he is willing to sit out a year or more, then I don't want him here anyway.

BroncosMT
01-13-2011, 01:03 PM
I heard schefty a few minutes ago on ESPN say fox interview went good Dennison is likely the canidate....and then he dropped Fewell to still be in the mix...OH YEAH baby!! LET's go Perry close this deal.

the Dennison part is what i was afraid of......

Inkana7
01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
If Rick Dennison is hired, Pat will feel my internet wrath. He could be good, yeah, but it's just not the hire this franchise can take at this time.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Fox made $3M last year w/ Carolina. A 25% raise after a 2-14 season isn't exactly a slap in the face. This is also pretty much his last shot at a HC position this year. Everything else is taken, or is the Raiders. He isn't going to do better as a coordinator or TV guy.

He made $6M last year

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
the Dennison part is what i was afraid of......

That's just the lazy press repeating what their colleagues locally are saying.

Everyone needs to understand this: The media is lazy and sports journalists are the D students of journalism. They all will start repeating what they, usually one guy, personally thinks, and repeat it as fact. Then when the real candidate is announced they pretend it was a "surprise" when there was no evidence in the first place.

A few weeks ago you were hearing that Sundquist was coming back. The dude was never even on the radar.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Based on the fact that there isn't another job out there available for him.

Oakland is gonna go with Jackson. Cleveland with the nephew. San Fran, Minny, and Dallas all filled. What is left?

He takes a job as a DC he won't make but $1.5m per at the most.

Doesn't mean that he has to take a job this year.

He will be a HC again at some point, whether it's with the Broncos or another team.

He's not taking over a paycut of over $2M for any team.

Inkana7
01-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Random person in the Twitterverse reports that Fox deal could be announced as soon as today!

TWITTER IS TRUTH

bendog
01-13-2011, 01:12 PM
If Rick Dennison is hired, Pat will feel my internet wrath. He could be good, yeah, but it's just not the hire this franchise can take at this time.

Not necessarily. He's probably better prepared to understand the skills/needs of position coaches and both coordinators. The problem is that he seems pretty married to Shanny's WC qb scheme, and you can work that with a noodle arm who can make fast reads and throw an accurate short pass with a quick delivery ... but that ain't the qb "josh" left behind.

WABronco
01-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Please please please Fox. I crave legitimacy, and he's the only one who meets that IMO.

Requiem
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Who is gonna be throwin' rocks if the pick is Fox?

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 01:20 PM

The worst I've heard about him is he's really boring. Takes no chances ever. Everyone else someone has a major gripe about. The more I've looked at coaches the more convinced I am it's about having a good front office anyway.

At least Fox is good at identifying defensive talent, playing physical and running the ball. Tebow might even keep McCoy as the offensive coordinator. We could do worse (Dennison).

BroncoInferno
01-13-2011, 01:24 PM

Everyone needs to understand this: The media is lazy and sports journalists are the D students of journalism. They all will start repeating what they, usually one guy, personally thinks, and repeat it as fact. Then when the real candidate is announced they pretend it was a "surprise" when there was no evidence in the first place.

A few weeks ago you were hearing that Sundquist was coming back. The dude was never even on the radar.

This was Schefter, though.

LetsGoBroncos
01-13-2011, 01:26 PM
For some reason I can't start a new thread.....website gives me an error message. List is down to three though

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17087361

Inkana7
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
For the love of Tebow, no Dennison.

Rohirrim
01-13-2011, 01:28 PM

I'll be good widit.

Requiem
01-13-2011, 01:29 PM
The worst I've heard about him is he's really boring. Takes no chances ever. Everyone else someone has a major gripe about. The more I've looked at coaches the more convinced I am it's about having a good front office anyway.

At least Fox is good at identifying defensive talent, playing physical and running the ball. Tebow might even keep McCoy as the offensive coordinator. We could do worse (Dennison).

Yeah, I've been reading random Panthers fans posts on the guy and I'm not surprised by the "boring" critiques. The guy just comes along as old-fashioned. Like you, being physical and running the ball would be something welcomed here.

I've done a little research on the Panthers drafts over the past few years and I'm not really impressed with a whole lot of the defensive talent he has brought in. Outside Peppers, not a whole lot of high DL selections, but they had a good DL there for a while so there probably really wasn't a need. Overall, I'd say most of his drafts have been pretty average.

I'm completely underwhelmed with almost all the candidates.

I just want a selection made so we can start trying to assemble and identify the Denver Broncos as we move forward.

outdoor_miner
01-13-2011, 01:30 PM
The worst I've heard about him is he's really boring. Takes no chances ever.

One of the reasons I like Fox is because I think Tebow could bring a level of excitement to the "boring" Fox gameplan. It will never be boring with Tebow at the helm, and I think a smash-moush, hard nosed defense and running game would match perfectly with Tebow's attitude and skill-set (as long as they don't complete neuter his playing style)...

~Crash~
01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Fixed your post.

No you did not . What you was short sighted but that is your snick.. 280 OL would be going into the past but nice try.

mkporter
01-13-2011, 01:35 PM
He made $6M last year

You are right, misread the article. $3.75M would seem to be a bit low, but I'm guessing we might cough up $5M/year. Given the amount of $$$ we throw away on players, coaches salaries seem reasonable.

~Crash~
To the people that talk with out having a clue as to what is being said in the interviews I hope people do you that way some day. Have a great day . and by the way god bless you.:P

Inkana7
Yeah, I've been reading random Panthers fans posts on the guy and I'm not surprised by the "boring" critiques. The guy just comes along as old-fashioned. Like you, being physical and running the ball would be something welcomed here.

I've done a little research on the Panthers drafts over the past few years and I'm not really impressed with a whole lot of the defensive talent he has brought in. Outside Peppers, not a whole lot of high DL selections, but they had a good DL there for a while so there probably really wasn't a need. Overall, I'd say most of his drafts have been pretty average.

I'm completely underwhelmed with almost all the candidates.

I just want a selection made so we can start trying to assemble and identify the Denver Broncos as we move forward.

I look at their drafts, and I see some real quality players, especially during the "rebuilding years" when Fox was first hired. Obviously guys like Peppers, Gross and Ricky Manning jump out at you, but Fox has also drafted Jon Beason, who is a great LB, along with Will Witherspoon, Chris Gamble, Jovan Haye, Ryan Kalil, Jonathan Stewart, Deangelo Williams, Jeff Otah and our very own Kyle Johnson! along with some other serviceable players. Lots of good defenders and O-Line on that list.

BroncosMT

Very true....I am just hoping we don't go backwards when we have chance to move forward...

~Crash~
01-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Everyone wants the coach to do something other than Coach. I see just the opposite coming out of the Denver Broncos they want a Coach nothing Else. Win with what you got ! You guys talk as thought Nolan types do not exist to be DC's thats fine I will not knock you any more but know this mean people get it gave back sooner or later.

~Crash~
01-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Very true....I am just hoping we don't go backwards when we have chance to move forward...

So you know Dennison said he was going back to glory years ? link ?

I would think he might be more than all you ass hats sale him as short sighted .So you ****ing know him ?:pimp:

Steve Sewell
01-13-2011, 02:02 PM

I think Rick Dennison would be a disaster. He seems more like an assistant-type.

frerottenextelway
01-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Gary Miller nailed it again!

Broncoman13
01-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Doesn't mean that he has to take a job this year.

He will be a HC again at some point, whether it's with the Broncos or another team.

He's not taking over a paycut of over $2M for any team.

You were saying? Or do you think the Broncos are giving him $6m per year?

bowtown
01-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Gary Miller nailed it again!

Hilarious!

baja
01-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Fox had a bad situation in Carolina, he was a lame duck coach with a young team that suffered some big injuries (If I remember correctly). His QB situation wasn't good either.

Fox is a well respected coach among NFL personel and if he becomes the Broncos next HC, I think it will be a step in the right direction to getting this team back to respectability. He's the most qualified candidate for the job.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I don't really have a solid reasoned choice as to who should be the next coach. I do have a gut feeling about Dennison and that's why I have been throwing his name out there.

Yes, I read Fox is well respected but I also see we are his only interview (when Shanny was fired do you think he would have been offered just one interview had he solicited a job) Another thing about Fox is his record over 9 seasons is 2 games above 500%. Time will tell.

TonyR
01-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Funny that with all the new transparency that the media doesn't really have a clue what the Broncos are going to do.

NFL Network’s Jason LaCanfora “continues to hear rumblings” that Dennison is the man to beat for the job. ESPN’s Adam Schefter also said that Dennison appears to be a “name to focus on” in the Broncos search.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/13/as-broncos-trim-list-dennison-may-be-emerging-as-favorite/

orinjkrush
01-13-2011, 07:08 PM
trust in the elway. all others pay cash.

frerottenextelway
01-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Funny that with all the new transparency that the media doesn't really have a clue what the Broncos are going to do.

NFL Network’s Jason LaCanfora “continues to hear rumblings” that Dennison is the man to beat for the job. ESPN’s Adam Schefter also said that Dennison appears to be a “name to focus on” in the Broncos search.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/13/as-broncos-trim-list-dennison-may-be-emerging-as-favorite/

Friends doing friends favors.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Gary Miller proves again he has no idea what's going on with Denver area sports.

Broncoman13
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM

You're right, $3.25M per year was the magic # to pull Fox. But I don't expect you'll admit you were wrong.