PDA

View Full Version : j-cutty in the playoffs

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 05:58 AM
cutler in his first playoff appearance since high school...with the #4 defense in NFL and the #21 offense, how you think he will do against seahawks?

seattle has a punchers chance.

HILife
01-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Good for Cutler. He will fail.

worm
01-13-2011, 06:34 AM
cutler in his first playoff appearance since high school...with the #4 defense in NFL and the #21 offense, how you think he will do against seahawks?

seattle has a punchers chance.

Seattle has a punchers chance AT HOME. On the road they are a completely different animal. Probably more so than any other team in the league.

The Bears roll this week.

ColoradoDarin
01-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Seattle has a punchers chance AT HOME. On the road they are a completely different animal. Probably more so than any other team in the league.

This. I expect that Chicago D to have a field day. The only way the Bears lose is if Cutler goes all Frown Cannon on them and throws a couple of pick-6s.

Man-Goblin
01-13-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm hoping for an epic meltdown. It's really the only way the Bears lose, and it would be wonderful to watch.

I do know this: I will be rooting hard for Atlanta. Considering the state of the Broncos, I'm not sure I'm ready for a Cutler home game to get to the Super Bowl. if he actually got there, I may not be able to turn on a TV or Radio for like a month.

Hogan11
01-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Hopefully he'll implode into one of his many INT masterpieces.

strafen
01-13-2011, 07:17 AM
I just pray the guy doesn't make it to the Superbowl for the sake of this board. Yikes!

DrFate
01-13-2011, 07:20 AM
I just pray the guy doesn't make it to the Superbowl for the sake of this board. Yikes!

I'm hoping for the exact opposite

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 07:25 AM

Seattle already beat them once this season at Soldier Field, if I remember correctly. I still expect Chicago to win, but I really want to see Green Bay come in and crush them (and the frown cannon's skull) on the hard turf in Chicago the next week.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 07:25 AM

You want Jay Cutler in the Super Bowl? Odd.

ol#7
01-13-2011, 07:26 AM
I am expecting Cutelr to have a pretty good day against Seattle.

It has already been mentioned that the hawks are the most jekyl and hyde home/road team in the league. However I am hoping the Hawks/Packers win so that Seattle can host (win) at home to go to the SB. The media meltdown over that would be EPIC! Could actually happen if they can find a way to beat the bears (AGAIN!)

Hasselbeck is going to have to turn in another good day with Marshawn Lynch in beast mode, but stranger things have happened.

DrFate
01-13-2011, 07:33 AM
You want Jay Cutler in the Super Bowl? Odd.

My team isn't in the playoffs - who else should I root for?

The Sect of McDaniels thrives on there three tenants:

1) McDaniels is a Genius
2) Cutler is a bum
3) Shanahan is a bum

As #1 has been proven to be irrefutably false (unless we consider the unemployed McDaniels a genius), I'm hoping proving #2 false will drive the final stake through the heart of the Sect of McDaniels and we can reclaim these people as fans of the Broncos. Cults are a powerful thing...

Now, I fully expect the Sect to tell me how, even if the Bears WIN the Super Bowl, it is in spite of Cutler. Which is fine. He could break every game record and be the SB MVP and the would continue their chant of 'frowncannon'... But I hope, for the sake of those that have fallen to this brainwashing, that they can be returned to normal society.

DrFate
01-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Plus the melt-down would be epic, which is entertaining

strafen
01-13-2011, 07:36 AM

I'm rooting for him.
It will be a major meltdown not only if he makes it to the SB but win it...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Oh good. You brought up McDaniels. And what a perfect place for it.

I want Jay Cutler to lose because I've never liked Jay Cutler. It has absolutely zero to do with McDaniels, his perceived genius (or lack thereof), or any other factors. If he somehow breaks every game record in the playoffs and the Bears somehow parlay that into a Super Bowl Championship, I'll give him credit where it's due. I still won't like him. He's a whiny, self-centered little prick with a drinking problem and a me-first attitude.

Gee, yeah, why wouldn't you root for the guy?

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 07:39 AM

1) McDaniels is a Genius
2) Cutler is a bum
3) Shanahan is a bum

As #1 has been proven to be irrefutably false (unless we consider the unemployed McDaniels a genius), I'm hoping proving #2 false will drive the final stake through the heart of the Sect of McDaniels and we can reclaim these people as fans of the Broncos. Cults are a powerful thing...

Now, I fully expect the Sect to tell me how, even if the Bears WIN the Super Bowl, it is in spite of Cutler. Which is fine. He could break every game record and be the SB MVP and the would continue their chant of 'frowncannon'... But I hope, for the sake of those that have fallen to this brainwashing, that they can be returned to normal society.

i love how people like you still harp on the same **** that no one is saying. shanahan in his current form of football coach is not much better than "bum". his team won one more game than the broncos this year, he took a top 10 defense and destroyed it.

cutler, however, knows that denver fans are a 6, bears fans are a 9, so good for him?

Homer Simpson
01-13-2011, 07:41 AM
You ask for civility on the board... 24 hours later you think "what's the best way to promote civility? A Jay Cutler thread!"

I'm going to start one about Obama to see if we can all get along too! Lol

ol#7
01-13-2011, 07:41 AM

I want Jay Cutler to lose because I've never liked Jay Cutler. It has absolutely zero to do with McDaniels, his perceived genius (or lack thereof), or any other factors. If he somehow breaks every game record in the playoffs and the Bears somehow parlay that into a Super Bowl Championship, I'll give him credit where it's due. I still won't like him. He's a whiny, self-centered little prick with a drinking problem and a me-first attitude.

You do realize that the bolded parts could apply to most of the starting QB's in the league right?

DrFate
01-13-2011, 07:42 AM
I want Jay Cutler to lose because I've never liked Jay Cutler.

I assume this includes his time as the Broncos signal caller?

He's a whiny, self-centered little prick with a drinking problem and a me-first attitude.

Fair enough. My serious question - how does this differ from any number of players (at any number of positions) in this (or any other) sports league?

I realize you didn't make the comparison - but doesn't this describe Orton as well?

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 07:43 AM

Fair enough. My serious question - how does this differ from any number of players (at any number of positions) in this (or any other) sports league?

I realize you didn't make the comparison - but doesn't this describe Orton as well?

even if he did, who cares that he doesnt like him now. just because we liked him when he was a broncos QB does not mean that we cant hate him now that we are a 6, and hes too good to be here.

DrFate
01-13-2011, 07:43 AM
i love how people like you still harp on the same **** that no one is saying. shanahan in his current form of football coach is not much better than "bum". his team won one more game than the broncos this year, he took a top 10 defense and destroyed it.

cutler, however, knows that denver fans are a 6, bears fans are a 9, so good for him?

As Sect Member #1, tsiguy, I am trying to save you as well.

DrFate
01-13-2011, 07:45 AM
even if he did, who cares that he doesnt like him now. just because we liked him when he was a broncos QB does not mean that we cant hate him now that we are a 6, and hes too good to be here.

1) you can hate whomever you wish
2) I am merely pointing out the double standard - when people said 'I root for the Broncos, not the coach' the fan police were out in force. I would think that would apply to players as well
3) you really took it personally that Cutler said nice things about his NEW team and said meanie things about the team that just rode him out of town on a rail, didn't you?

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 07:45 AM
As Sect Member #1, tsiguy, I am trying to save you as well.

ignore the facts and keep seeing things how you want to see them, its ok. ^5

CEH
01-13-2011, 07:46 AM

Dude plays for CHI and is two years removed from Denver and we are now two coaches removed as well. Time to move on. This thread is only here to promote hostility because it will be bumped when the game is over.

You're such a hypocrite

oubronco
01-13-2011, 07:46 AM
The doc is in the house

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Dude plays for CHI and is two years removed from Denver and we are now two coaches removed as well. Time to move on. This thread is only here to promote hostility because it will be bumped when the game is over.

You're such a hypocrite

you know a 5 INT game is coming ^5^5

we are literally out of stuff to talk about on here, no information on coaching until the next few days when 2nd interviews are announced (top 3: fox, dennison, koetter, based on multiple denver reporters). wont know the HC until next week.

Dedhed
01-13-2011, 08:00 AM
The only way the Bears lose is if Cutler goes all Frown Cannon on them and throws a couple of pick-6s.

Which is exactly why the 'Hawks have a punchers chance. There's about a 50/50 chance that Cutler will throw a pick 6 or toss a red zone pick that will pull points off the board.

In all honest though, the Bears are extremely lucky to be playing a team that is not really playoff caliber. The Saints completely overlooked them and got blindsided. This should be a blowout.

CEH
01-13-2011, 08:03 AM
you know a 5 INT game is coming ^5^5

we are literally out of stuff to talk about on here, no information on coaching until the next few days when 2nd interviews are announced (top 3: fox, dennison, koetter, based on multiple denver reporters). wont know the HC until next week.

Yes but you know you are hoping for a meltdown so you can come back in and tell us how Cutler sucks. Told you so. Why put the offensive/defensive stats in you post only to set this thread up for a bump.

Please not fooling anyone.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Yes but you know you are hoping for a meltdown so you can come back in and tell us how Cutler sucks. Told you so. Why put the offensive/defensive stats in you post only to set this thread up for a bump.

Please not fooling anyone.

*promise* i wont bump this thread. i fully expect chicago to win and for matt hasselback to get destroyed.

2KBack
01-13-2011, 08:05 AM

I agree, I never liked Jay, and it includes his time as the Broncos signal caller. I still rooted for him to do well, because that meant the Broncos did well, but I was actually pleased to see him go. I think Bill Simmons put it best personally...

"I didn't want to root for Jay Cutler. Has he had a likable moment yet? This year will be his coming-out party as the most despised player in football. Every time they show him on the sidelines, he looks like a pissed-off trust-fund kid who can't believe the valet scratched his Escalade hybrid. And you know what? He makes the league more fun. I like rooting against him the same way I liked rooting against Rick Barry, Bill Laimbeer and the Iron Sheik. We need more Jay Cutlers in sports. Not everyone was meant to be liked."

Now that He is away from my team, It feels great to root against the punk.

frerottenextelway
01-13-2011, 08:05 AM
If Seattle and Green Bay win, Seattle will be hosting the NFC Championship game, crazy.

ColoradoDarin
01-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Which is exactly why the 'Hawks have a punchers chance. There's about a 50/50 chance that Cutler will throw a pick 6 or toss a red zone pick that will pull points off the board.

In all honest though, the Bears are extremely lucky to be playing a team that is not really playoff caliber. The Saints completely overlooked them and got blindsided. This should be a blowout.

I don't know, the coaches have seemed to learn not to let him do that. I hope Seattle can force him into it though!

frerottenextelway
01-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Go Bears!

oubronco
01-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Go Bears!

Just to piss poeple off I agree ^5

bendog
01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
this thread poster needs ky for the job culter's doing on him.

2KBack
01-13-2011, 08:23 AM
honestly, I'm curious as to why people would want to root for the bears. I mean 2007 and 2008 were pretty forgettable Bronco seasons. Did people root for Griese's teams that hard when he left? Jake Plummer did more in a Bronco uniform than Jay ever did, and when his name is brought up he is lambasted (outside of a few posters).

I don't think Jay is a terrible QB, Just kinda of a douchbag, which makes it fun to watch when he fails.

bronco militia
01-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Plus the melt-down would be epic, which is entertaining

I agree

UberBroncoMan
01-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Chicago will make the NFC champ game. Shame they aren't playing the Packers over Seattle. Cutler blows vs them.

Rohirrim
01-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Biggest game of Cutler's career!

I expect an INT extravaganza followed by a mega-mope.

Seachickens win.

bendog
01-13-2011, 08:36 AM
What cracks me up is the guy in playing in week two of the playoffs, and the McD crowd sees this as some vidication. You can't make up this stuff. lol

colonelbeef
01-13-2011, 08:42 AM

hell yeah, would be way more amusing to witness the meltdowns

spdirty
01-13-2011, 08:45 AM
honestly, I'm curious as to why people would want to root for the bears.

For me its all about McD hate. And if Cutler wins, McD looks even worse.

I mean 2007 and 2008 were pretty forgettable Bronco seasons.

Not as forgettable as 2010.

Did people root for Griese's teams that hard when he left? Jake Plummer did more in a Bronco uniform than Jay ever did, and when his name is brought up he is lambasted (outside of a few posters).

McD didn't run those 2 out of town.

I don't think Jay is a terrible QB, Just kinda of a douchbag, which makes it fun to watch when he fails.

Now that he is finally gone, I like to watch McD's decisions fail even more. And FTW, Cutler completely lost me last season. I tried to root for him and tried to like him but it just wasn't possible. I can't stand his metrosexual looks, the idiotic decisions he makes on the field, the retarded way he answers questions, the bull**** he dresses in during the postgame pressers, I just don't like Cutler at all. Now i don't like Cutler, but I don't hate him.

I hate McD. I don't wish harm on him or his family, but professionally, I hope the rest of McD's career is filled with nothing but losing, ridicule, and failure. I would someday love to run into him in public so I could cuss him out. Anything that makes McD look even worse than he looks now I am all for. If that means i have to root for douchebag Cutler to win the Super Bowl in order to make McD look even worse, then so be it.

My ultimate McD hate moment would see a Dolphin-Browns AFCCG and a Bears-Redskins NFCCG.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 08:46 AM
I hate McD. I don't wish harm on him or his family, but professionally, I hope the rest of McD's career is filled with nothing but losing, ridicule, and failure. I would someday love to run into him in public so I could cuss him out. Anything that makes McD look even worse than he looks now I am all for. If that means i have to root for douchebag Cutler to win the Super Bowl in order to make McD look even worse, then so be it.

My ultimate McD hate moment would see a Dolphin-Browns AFCCG and a Bears-Redskins NFCCG.

you seriously might have some issues.

Popps
01-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Again, this Bears team carried Grossman to a SB. Why would it surprise anyone that a great D and running game could carry a crap-can QB like Cutler into the playoffs?

spdirty
01-13-2011, 08:48 AM
you seriously might have some issues.

Issues caused by the current state of the Broncos.

2KBack
01-13-2011, 08:51 AM
For me its all about McD hate. And if Cutler wins, McD looks even worse.

Now that he is finally gone, I like to watch McD's decisions fail even more. And FTW, Cutler completely lost me last season. I tried to root for him and tried to like him but it just wasn't possible. I can't stand his metrosexual looks, the idiotic decisions he makes on the field, the retarded way he answers questions, the bull**** he dresses in during the postgame pressers, I just don't like Cutler at all. Now i don't like Cutler, but I don't hate him.

I guess that's as good a reason as any. I don't think I link the two very much...I understand that McD was a big part of the Cutler/Denver break up, but I guess since I didn't like Cutler anyway it didn't matter to me.

oubronco
01-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Again, this Bears team carried Grossman to a SB. Why would it surprise anyone that a great D and running game could carry a crap-can QB like Cutler into the playoffs?

Oh popps it's going to be funny watching you meltdown when cutler is in the Superbowl and MVP

like it would happen but I guess it could

2KBack
01-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Oh popps it's going to be funny watching you meltdown when cutler is in the Superbowl and MVP

I highly doubt anyone melts down. There will be a couple completely unnecessary fight threads though, no matter the outcome. There will be an I told you so thread the moment Cutler throws an INT or loses a game, or there will be one if Cutler wins, and they will be started by the cream of the OM posters I'm sure.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 09:00 AM
I highly doubt anyone melts down. There will be a couple completely unnecessary fight threads though, no matter the outcome. There will be an I told you so thread the moment Cutler throws an INT or loses a game, or there will be one if Cutler wins, and they will be started by the cream of the OM posters I'm sure.

which is silly, what people should take from the bears team is it doesnt matter who your QB is as long as you have a great defense and run game, though showed it when they made the SB a few years ago and they are showing it again now.

DrFate
01-13-2011, 09:03 AM
honestly, I'm curious as to why people would want to root for the bears.

Part of it (from my perspective) is the double-standard hypocrites on this board. When Cutler was a Bronco, he was stud. When he's a Bear, he's a bum.

I try to look at these things more objectively. He had a good line and good WRs here. He has neither in Chicago. There were some stats posted a few weeks ago (two different sources) that showed Chicago had the #32 OLine in the league. He was on the rise here, and without McDaniels' getting involved, I think he'd be a top 7QB in Denver today.

If he succeeds in the playoffs, he deserves whatever accolades he earns. If he becomes interception-o-rama, he deserves whatever critics too.

No QB, short of #7, wins alone. Brees wasn't alone, Brady wasn't alone, Manning wasn't alone.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 09:05 AM

You assume correctly. I rooted for Cutler because he was the quarterback of my football team. But I didn't "like" him because I thought he was flawed, as a quarterback and as a person. I found it hard to root for him because he acted like a spoiled little kid.

I don't think that describes Orton at all. If Cutler had been thrown into the situation in Denver the way Orton was -- roundly mocked by every media outlet and fan in town -- he would have cried his way out of town like a little bitch. Such is his character. Orton didn't. He went out, played well, improved as a quarterback in his time here, and didn't complain.

Mr.Meanie
01-13-2011, 09:06 AM
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/jay-cutler-superstar/SDJCutlerPoster.jpg

Taco John
01-13-2011, 09:07 AM

1) McDaniels is a Genius
2) Cutler is a bum
3) Shanahan is a bum

this is a funny post... :~ohyah!:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 09:08 AM
What cracks me up is the guy in playing in week two of the playoffs, and the McD crowd sees this as some vidication. You can't make up this stuff. lol

Another McD mention! You're a cute little one trick pony, aren't ya?

DrFate
01-13-2011, 09:11 AM
You assume correctly. I rooted for Cutler because he was the quarterback of my football team. But I didn't "like" him because I thought he was flawed, as a quarterback and as a person. I found it hard to root for him because he acted like a spoiled little kid.

Fair

I don't think that describes Orton at all. If Cutler had been thrown into the situation in Denver the way Orton was -- roundly mocked by every media outlet and fan in town -- he would have cried his way out of town like a little b****. Such is his character. Orton didn't. He went out, played well, improved as a quarterback in his time here, and didn't complain.

Cutler was run out of town by a know-nothing McDaniels. Orton was given the job. I'm not sure I understand the direct comparison you are making there.

Your quote was "a whiny, self-centered little prick with a drinking problem and a me-first attitude." We all know the issues with Orton and 'the sauce', so we'll accept that as a given. There were numerous reports that Orton looked like he was biting nails on the sidelines once Tebow was given the reigns, which in my book covers 'self-centered' and 'me-first attitude' (I can't say first hand I saw it, I didn't re-up The Ticket after McDaniels got going). Is this not accurate?

DrFate
01-13-2011, 09:13 AM

Don't you think McDaniels/Cutler are forever entwined in Broncos lore?

Taco John
01-13-2011, 09:14 AM

They want Jay to lose soooooo badly so that at least *something* of the last two years have meaning for them. Kind of sad really.

I couldn't care less either way. If the Bears win, I'm happy for Jay, if the Seahawks win, I've got a ton of Seahawk friends up here to be happy for. I think I'd rather see the Seahawks win just for that, but watching the (I'll use a Popps term) "McDaniels widows" spin and bloviate could be good fun.

Taco John
01-13-2011, 09:15 AM

Come on dude. You aren't fooling anyone.

Taco John
01-13-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/jay-cutler-superstar/SDJCutlerPoster.jpg

Ha!

2KBack
01-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Don't you think McDaniels/Cutler are forever entwined in Broncos lore?

I think they'll be a footnote at best....kinda like the Wade years. I'll still root against him though, just like Rivers and Rothlesberger, the other d-bag QB's

DrFate
01-13-2011, 09:22 AM
I think they'll be a footnote at best

I think that's wishful thinking. I fully expect Cutler to have a long/successful career. If he does (and if he does get a ring now/later) THAT will be the legacy of McDaniels.

TDmvp
01-13-2011, 09:30 AM
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7118/mcdaniels.jpg

Stop making stupid threads ... You have basically became Gonzolays minus the racism.

Ooooo Start a Cutler thread knowing where it's going to go just so you and your clique can fight with those who disagree with you ... Brilliant.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Fair

Cutler was run out of town by a know-nothing McDaniels. Orton was given the job. I'm not sure I understand the direct comparison you are making there.

Your quote was "a whiny, self-centered little prick with a drinking problem and a me-first attitude." We all know the issues with Orton and 'the sauce', so we'll accept that as a given. There were numerous reports that Orton looked like he was biting nails on the sidelines once Tebow was given the reigns, which in my book covers 'self-centered' and 'me-first attitude' (I can't say first hand I saw it, I didn't re-up The Ticket after McDaniels got going). Is this not accurate?

If I remember correctly, Cutler demanded a trade, and was granted that trade by our owner. What went on behind the walls of Dove Valley, we'll never actually know, as everyone's story will be different. And maybe it's my dislike of Cutler as a Bronco that tints my opinion of how things went between him and McDaniels. Just as your opinion of McDaniels tints your view the other direction. But everything that took place -- from Cutler demanding a trade after the rumor of a trade that came to him from Chris Mortenson, McDaniels' saying at the coaches' meetings that Jay Cutler was his quarterback, to Cutler's refusal to respond to phone calls from the guy who signs his checks, to that guy suddenly, out of nowhere, putting out a statement saying that we would give Cutler his wish and trade him to another team, to his father returning the playbook -- tells me that Cutler wanted out of Denver for a long, long time before any of that went down. He suddenly had a coach that would hold him accountable for his interceptions and boneheaded plays, and didn't like the city anyway (see his "they're a six, Chicago is a nine" comments), and didn't like the comparisons to Elway (especially when he was stupid enough to say something like "my arm is stronger than his") or being in Elway's shadow... It tells me he wanted out of Denver. And I think he's just as responsible for running himself out of town as anyone else is.

As for Orton: Yes, he was known as a drinker in his college days. So was I. Those pictures that have so famously made the rounds were from his college days and from his early career in Chicago. But that's not really the issue. With regard to the Orton/Tebow situation, Orton has not (and likely will not) demanded a trade because the team wanted to start Tebow. I don't think it's his character to do that. We will see, but how do you think Jay Cutler would have handled that situation? Not respond to the ownership? Not return phone calls? Make all his statements through the media instead of face to face or man to man? Only take a meeting with the coach if his scumbag agent was present?

Orton was biting his nails on the sideline, I'm sure. He'd just lost his job. You would be too. But to me, demanding a trade when things don't necessarily go your way -- even with a coach who, in my opinion, was making every stride necessary to keep him in the fold, publicly, through the media, as that is how Jay Cutler was handling his business -- is the self-centered little prick bitch move that I was talking about. Biting nails on the sideline, or demanding a trade... I mean... are they even in the same stratosphere?

I don't want to turn this into another Cutler/McD bitchfest and rehash the same arguments we've had on this forum for ages now. I'm as tired of it as anyone else is. I don't like Cutler. I've laid out my reasons above. I will root for him to lose this weekend, but I think he'll beat the Seahawks. I do not think he'll make the Super Bowl, and if by some miracle he does, I don't think he'll win it, as the AFC is by far the superior conference this year.

And I'll just leave it at that.

Cheers, DrFate. Nice to talk about this stuff without the usual insults and bull**** that comes along with it.

bronco militia
01-13-2011, 09:31 AM

Stop making stupid threads ... You have basically became Gonzolays minus the racism.

Ooooo Start a Cutler thread knowing where it's going to go just so you and your clique can fight with those who disagree with you ... Brilliant. and Spot on CEH.

I love the culter threads...it keeps the Mcdummy hate alive!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Come on dude. You aren't fooling anyone.

Um... what?

Fooling anyone about what, TJ?

Oh right! Everyone has to be separated into Pro- or Anti- McD camps, regardless of the discussion! I keep forgetting about the awesome new rules written up by our fearful leader, Taco Juan.

TDmvp
01-13-2011, 09:35 AM
I love the culter threads...it keeps the Mcdummy hate alive!

Hilarious! Yea It don't bother me either , I don't mind Cutler and love his skill set.

I love watching them grasp at anyway to say he sucks. Totally cracks me up and I hate Josh so that don't bother me either .

2KBack
01-13-2011, 09:38 AM
I think that's wishful thinking. I fully expect Cutler to have a long/successful career. If he does (and if he does get a ring now/later) THAT will be the legacy of McDaniels.

I feel for anyone who is that emotionally involved with a player and a coach that we had for roughly two seasons each. Legacies are not built in such time frames. That's why Shanahans legacy is a championship one, not as the guy who might have ended a HOF QB's career (Mcnabb). Both Cutler and McDaniels Legacies are yet to be written.

TonyR
01-13-2011, 09:39 AM

Yup. You have to like the Bears chances, particularly if Green Bay beats Atlanta.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 09:44 AM

Ooooo Start a Cutler thread knowing where it's going to go just so you and your clique can fight with those who disagree with you ... Brilliant.

That's pretty goddamn funny. REP.

DrFate
01-13-2011, 09:45 AM
If I remember correctly, Cutler demanded a trade, and was granted that trade by our owner. What went on behind the walls of Dove Valley, we'll never actually know, as everyone's story will be different.

We'll agree on the 'we'll never actually know'. I was on the fire McDaniels bandwagon as soon as the Matt Cassel trade rumors become public, which from where i sit, started the entire set of dominos. Anybody who feels replacing Cutler with Cassel has no business running an NFL franchise, even if Cutler is an alcoholic prick. :)

As for Orton: Yes, he was known as a drinker in his college days. So was I. Those pictures that have so famously made the rounds were from his college days and from his early career in Chicago. But that's not really the issue.

It's not an 'issue' but I think it's a fair comparison. Cutler has drunk pictures, Orton has drunk pictures (so do others that I can think of). I'm not making a judgment either way.

Orton was biting his nails on the sideline, I'm sure. He'd just lost his job. You would be too. But to me, demanding a trade when things don't necessarily go your way -- even with a coach who, in my opinion, was making every stride necessary to keep him in the fold, publicly, through the media, as that is how Jay Cutler was handling his business -- is the self-centered little prick b**** move that I was talking about. Biting nails on the sideline, or demanding a trade... I mean... are they even in the same stratosphere?

I mentioned that because there were some posts/threads calling Orton into question. He has always gotten high marks as a pro, and there were posts that he wasn't happy about Tebow. I will give you that anyone would be unhappy with the bench, but the posts led me to believe the consensus was souring on Orton as a pros pro.

Cheers, DrFate. Nice to talk about this stuff without the usual insults and bull**** that comes along with it.

You as well. :thumbs:

jhns
01-13-2011, 09:47 AM
It's pretty obvious that it was a mistake to give away Cutler. At least McDaniels is gone now though. Cutler is showing why it was a mistake and will continue to. The Seahawks don't stand a chance.

jhns
01-13-2011, 09:47 AM

That picture makes me laugh a lot.

DrFate
01-13-2011, 09:48 AM
I feel for anyone who is that emotionally involved with a player and a coach that we had for roughly two seasons each. Legacies are not built in such time frames. That's why Shanahans legacy is a championship one, not as the guy who might have ended a HOF QB's career (Mcnabb). Both Cutler and McDaniels Legacies are yet to be written.

I'm not involved, emotionally or otherwise.

McDaniels BRONCOS legacy (to which I was referring) is going to be 'he traded Cutler, who went on to do X'. We don't know what X is yet.

TonyR
01-13-2011, 09:49 AM
...give away Cutler...

LOL "give away".

2KBack
01-13-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm not involved, emotionally or otherwise.

McDaniels BRONCOS legacy (to which I was referring) is going to be 'he traded Cutler, who went on to do X'. We don't know what X is yet.

I see....McDaniel's legacy to me is one of a cheater, nothing he has done will follow him like that in my eyes. Personally that's where he lost me, that's unforgivable.

Pick Six
01-13-2011, 09:56 AM
The Bears have been my NFC team, going all the way back to the Super Bowl Shuffle days. For me, rooting for the Bears has nothing to do with Cutler. In fact, I'm torn. While I want the Bears to do well, it's always fun to see Cutler throw a couple or three picks a game...lol.

oubronco
01-13-2011, 09:57 AM
LOL "give away".

And what was it we got

TonyR
01-13-2011, 10:02 AM
And what was it we got

Do we really need to go over this again?

jhns
01-13-2011, 10:02 AM
We got Kyle Orton and the #2 pick out of it....

The Bears got a playoff bye...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Do we really need to go over this again?

Really superb thread, tsi.

loborugger
01-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Really superb thread, tsi.

If he didnt start the thread, someone else would have. I figure this thread is worth a good 20/30 pages.

SoCalBronco
Hopefully he dominates. I think he'll do alright and the Bears will win.

cabronco
JC is personally responsible to getting the Bears where they are today, just ask him. I really dont think Jay ever wanted to be a Bronco, just by the expression on his face when being drafted. Every other person smiles, laughs, looks giddy, etc. when the call comes in from the team that drafts you, esp. first round. When Jay was on the phone w/ Broncos looked as if he was getting tragic news.

Pony Boy
01-13-2011, 10:50 AM
If it feels good do it.........

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm definitely curious. Cutler hasn't been in a postseason since he won his high school championship. Very curious how he elevates his game.

OABB
01-13-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm definitely curious. Cutler hasn't been in a postseason since he won his high school championship. Very curious how he elevates his game.

I'm thinking six int, 3 fumbles and a fight with the opposing teams qb.

bendog
01-13-2011, 11:06 AM
He shouldn't have to elevate it that much. I just hope Martz keeps a tight end in and prevents pressure picks, cause cutler is prone to them. I'm hoping the Bears linebackers rack up some people on those WC routes. Though GB or Atl are better teams to avoid a patsi win.

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 11:08 AM

Two more games, actually.

Denver (an 8-8 team in 2009) won 4 games against the NFCW, AFCS and AFCWx2. Probably the easiest schedule in the NFL. I absolutely consider Denver worse than Carolina when you look at their division and schedule, and I think anyone would be hard pressed to disagree.

Washington (a 4-12 team in 2009) won 6 games against the AFCS, NFCN (provided 2 playoff teams) and the NFCE (missed providing two playoff teams by tie breaker).

I think it's clear who the bum is/was.

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Hopefully he dominates. I think he'll do alright and the Bears will win.

I think he gets a nice casual stroll to the SB. I hope someone can stop NE so he has a good chance at winning it ^5

WolfpackGuy
01-13-2011, 11:19 AM
So where's the "k-orty in the playoffs" thread?

CEH
01-13-2011, 11:19 AM
which is silly, what people should take from the bears team is it doesnt matter who your QB is as long as you have a great defense and run game, though showed it when they made the SB a few years ago and they are showing it again now.

4 out of 5 wins the last 6 weeks of the season the offense had to average over 26.5 ppg. The last game they had the #2 spot locked out.

1/3 of the season the defense was giving up over 26.5 ppg. Who was winning these games. Forte and Hester?

Are you saying how a team plays in the first 6 games is equilelant to how they are playing in the last 6 games and heading into the playoffs?

This thread is just a rehash of many other threads over the last 2 years with the same old arguments pros or cons. I just threw one out to refute your it's all defense

Same crap different day started by a hypocrite. What a joke

OABB
01-13-2011, 11:23 AM
If he melts down and blows his first game against a 7-9 team at home, Its going to be so much fun here. I could use the laughs after our debacle.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-13-2011, 11:24 AM
It's going to suck for you guys, to see Cutler in an NFC Championship game, isn't it?

bronco militia
01-13-2011, 11:25 AM
we got kyle orton and the #2 pick out of it....

The bears got a playoff bye...

pow pow!

loborugger
01-13-2011, 11:29 AM
It's going to suck for you guys, to see Cutler in an NFC Championship game, isn't it?

No more than it sucked for you to have that pic of your tits hanging out, getting nailed over the hood of a car.

orangemonkey
01-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Jay is the best QB talent we've had since Elway and this pisses a lot of people off. His Pro Bowl bid, 16 4th quarter comeback/game winning drives and current playoff race continues to prove that. Until someone better comes along (let's hope it's Tebow), he will continue to be debated on this board (and across Colorado) especially since one of the worst cheating NFL coaches in history drove him out of Denver. You give Jay some systems continuity and he'll continue to improve. He did in Denver and he's doing it now in Chicago. A lot of upside. Is he an a-hole, yes, but no bigger than Brady, Rivers or Manning were the first 5 years of their career.

Bears have a good chance at making the Superbowl but playing in Atlanta will be very difficult. Matt Ryan is 17-2 at home I believe.

bendog
01-13-2011, 11:38 AM
don't forget that the bears got Johnny Knox in that ass raping as well.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/stats.html

DrFate
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
I see....McDaniel's legacy to me is one of a cheater, nothing he has done will follow him like that in my eyes. Personally that's where he lost me, that's unforgivable.

I need to amend something I said, after additonal consideration. I believe his legacy will be 'he traded Cutler' and 'he drafted Tebow'. I think the cheating will be simply intermingled as one of his many misteps.

If Tebow becomes the player this forum wants him to be, McDaniels will be remembered as the Broncos head man who took the chance on him. If Tebow fails, it will simply be another mark of shame on McDaniels scorecard.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Jay is the best QB talent we've had since Elway and this pisses a lot of people off. His Pro Bowl bid, 16 4th quarter comeback/game winning drives and current playoff race continues to prove that. Until someone better comes along (let's hope it's Tebow), he will continue to be debated on this board (and across Colorado) especially since one of the worst cheating NFL coaches in history drove him out of Denver. You give Jay some systems continuity and he'll continue to improve. He did in Denver and he's doing it now in Chicago. A lot of upside. Is he an a-hole, yes, but no bigger than Brady, Rivers or Manning were the first 5 years of their career.

Bears have a good chance at making the Superbowl but playing in Atlanta will be very difficult. Matt Ryan is 17-2 at home I believe.

where do you come up with this? really?

TonyR
01-13-2011, 11:43 AM

It'll suck until he fails in the ultimate game. Watching the Pats or Steelers expose and humble him will be fun.

loborugger
01-13-2011, 11:45 AM

If you take the rose colored glasses, you will see Jay for what he is. He is a talented QB, no doubt. And he will also win you some games almost single-handedly. His biggest problem is that he is inconsistent. While he will single-handedly win you a few games, he will also single-handedly lose you a few games. If the Bears are lucky, the games he will win will be the important ones, and the ones he loses will be the more insignificant ones.

As for this weekend, the Bears are the vastly superior team playing at home on a week's rest against a team that isnt so hot away from its home field. I wouldnt look for Cutler's play, be it tremendous or crappy, to have a huge impact on the results. The Bears are a team that is driven by a solid 'D', and I would look for that 'D' to set the tone early. I dont expect to see Marshawn Lynch run 70 yards thru 6 broken tackles to the endzone.

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 11:46 AM
It'll suck until he fails in the ultimate game. Watching the Pats or Steelers expose and humble him will be fun.

Cutler is a Pittsburgh killer (undefeated against them). They know it.

oubronco
01-13-2011, 11:48 AM

At least he'll be there and where will Orton be?

2KBack
01-13-2011, 11:49 AM
At least he'll be there and where will Orton be?

so this is a Cutler vs. Orton thread now? That's always a worthwhile conversation.

orangemonkey
01-13-2011, 11:51 AM
where do you come up with this? really?

You don't agree that the Spygate I and II cheating scandals are two of the biggest examples in NFL history?

loborugger
01-13-2011, 11:52 AM
so this is a Cutler vs. Orton thread now? That's always a worthwhile conversation.

Its a Cutler vs Orton thread... its a Shanny vs McD thread... its whatever you want it to be. I am surprised no one has brought up Jake vs. Cutler.

orangemonkey
01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
If you take the rose colored glasses, you will see Jay for what he is. He is a talented QB, no doubt. And he will also win you some games almost single-handedly. His biggest problem is that he is inconsistent. While he will single-handedly win you a few games, he will also single-handedly lose you a few games. If the Bears are lucky, the games he will win will be the important ones, and the ones he loses will be the more insignificant ones.

As for this weekend, the Bears are the vastly superior team playing at home on a week's rest against a team that isnt so hot away from its home field. I wouldnt look for Cutler's play, be it tremendous or crappy, to have a huge impact on the results. The Bears are a team that is driven by a solid 'D', and I would look for that 'D' to set the tone early. I dont expect to see Marshawn Lynch run 70 yards thru 6 broken tackles to the endzone.

We agree that he's talented. Cutler's been pretty clutch this year for the most part with 5 game winning drives. When he and Martz can adjust to maximize the protection, which is very hard to do with the worst O-line in the NFL, he can be very consistent. Hell, if he or any other quaterback had the 6 seconds of protection that Brady gets, well, they would look like Brady.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
You don't agree that the Spygate I and II cheating scandals are two of the biggest examples in NFL history?

spygate II? you mean where the NFL cleared him of all wrongdoing, except not reporting it to the team faster?

this is just an example of a bitter fan making **** up to suit his argument with no real evidence.

2KBack
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Its a Cutler vs Orton thread... its a Shanny vs McD thread... its whatever you want it to be. I am surprised no one has brought up Jake vs. Cutler.

Sweet, I'm gonna make it into a Mike Bell vs. Tatum Bell thread...

The offense runs more consistently with Mike Bell getting a solid 3-5 yards per carry. This helps put the team in manageable downs and distances. Tatum's speed is good for one or two big runs, but we can't sustain drives. So i think Mike needs to be the starter, with Tatum as the change of pace guy.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 12:00 PM

The offense runs more consistently with Mike Bell getting a solid 3-5 yards per carry. This helps put the team in manageable downs and distances. Tatum's speed is good for one or two big runs, but we can't sustain drives. So i think Mike needs to be the starter, with Tatum as the change of pace guy.

Ya BUT MYKe ANDRSN! HE'Z UH MuRINE!

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Pffft, without Tatum we don't get a first round bye in 05!

CEH
01-13-2011, 12:05 PM
spygate II? you mean where the NFL cleared him of all wrongdoing, except not reporting it to the team faster?

this is just an example of a bitter fan making **** up to suit his argument with no real evidence.

From Goodell

"We have no more important responsibility than preserving the integrity and competitive fairness of the game and avoiding any implication that games are decided by anything other than what takes place on the field."

From Bowlen

"This incident cuts into the trust and respect our fans, our ticket holders, our community and our fellow competitors have for our organization. ... We will take all steps to ensure that an incident like this never occurs again," Bowlen said in a statement.

Sounds like Bowlen and Goodell thought the integrity of the game might be at risk. Sounds like it was more than just a reporting error as you think it was

Once again you fail with you're simpleton answers

oubronco
01-13-2011, 12:06 PM

But Tater tot can take it to the house on any given carry

bendog
01-13-2011, 12:09 PM
But Tater tot can take it to the house on any given carry

stop it you two! either of those guys would be our no1 back today, and you're making me sad!!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 12:17 PM
stop it you two! either of those guys would be our no1 back today, and you're making me sad!!

Now I know you're stoned.

loborugger
01-13-2011, 12:23 PM
We agree that he's talented. Cutler's been pretty clutch this year for the most part with 5 game winning drives. When he and Martz can adjust to maximize the protection, which is very hard to do with the worst O-line in the NFL, he can be very consistent. Hell, if he or any other quaterback had the 6 seconds of protection that Brady gets, well, they would look like Brady.

His 4 INT half in a lose at home to the 'Skins in which he threw a red zone INT returned for the game winning TD goes a long ways to validating my point... dude is inconsistent & will cost you games.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 12:24 PM
His 4 INT half in a lose at home to the 'Skins in which he threw a red zone INT returned for the game winning TD goes a long ways to validating my point... dude is inconsistent & will cost you games.

His follow up comment, after throwing four picks to the same guy, that he'd throw at him again, says an awful lot about his decision making too.

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 12:27 PM
His follow up comment, after throwing four picks to the same guy, that he'd throw at him again, says an awful lot about his decision making too.

The last time he played that guy, he drubbed him all day long for over 40 points and that guy talked **** in the post game presser

bendog
01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Now I know you're stoned.

Well, you're right that knowshow managed 100 more yards than Mikes best year here, but he's now where near Tater's 1000

2KBack
01-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Well, you're right that knowshow managed 100 more yards than Mikes best year here, but he's now where near Tater's 1000

not to mention Tatum got me a great deal and threw in an extra 100 anytime minutes per month

worm
01-13-2011, 12:36 PM
The gift that keeps on giving.

broncocalijohn
01-13-2011, 12:39 PM

kinda like the way the Seahawks beat the bears....on the road. As long as Cutler is Qb, there is a chance for the other team. Has he been much better this year? Hell yes but playoffs brings out the best in people and this is totally new for Cutler. Lucky for him that he has a stellar defense.

orangemonkey
01-13-2011, 12:40 PM

Peyton Manning had 3, 4 & 4 INT games against NE, SD, & DAL in a row. Guess he's inconsistent and will cost you games too, right? Jay's issues are mainly about protection this year, and he's played pretty damn good given the circumstances.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Peyton Manning had 3, 4 & 4 INT games against NE, SD, & DAL in a row. Guess he's inconsistent and will cost you games too, right? Jay's issues are mainly about protection this year, and he's played pretty damn good given the circumstances.

:rofl:

yea, cutlers body of work (aka total inconsistency in his play) is being compared to peyton mannings...

2KBack
01-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Peyton Manning had 3, 4 & 4 INT games against NE, SD, & DAL in a row. Guess he's inconsistent and will cost you games too, right?

This year he was...and did

oubronco
01-13-2011, 12:46 PM
not to mention Tatum got me a great deal and threw in an extra 100 anytime minutes per month

RB Tatum Bell Steals* Bags, Doesn’t Fumble Once ;D

AlienBronco
01-13-2011, 12:55 PM

Yes, but the other side of your argument is the dude is inconsistent & will win you games, even after being sack 4 or more time even after throwing pick six in the 2nd qtr!then come back and throw 3 TD passes in the next qtr and help win a game, case in point Jets vs Bears December 2010.

cutthemdown
01-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Cutler has a great matchup. No better team to face then hawks. It is a very winnable game for Jay. I mean cmon even Denver blew the hawks out. Not beat them, blew them out.

How they are even in playoffs is a mystery.

~Crash~
01-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Good for Cutler. He will fail.

define fail .

broncocalijohn
01-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Part of it (from my perspective) is the double-standard hypocrites on this board. When Cutler was a Bronco, he was stud. When he's a Bear, he's a bum.

I try to look at these things more objectively. He had a good line and good WRs here. He has neither in Chicago. There were some stats posted a few weeks ago (two different sources) that showed Chicago had the #32 OLine in the league. He was on the rise here, and without McDaniels' getting involved, I think he'd be a top 7QB in Denver today.

If he succeeds in the playoffs, he deserves whatever accolades he earns. If he becomes interception-o-rama, he deserves whatever critics too.

No QB, short of #7, wins alone. Brees wasn't alone, Brady wasn't alone, Manning wasn't alone.

I agree. As Bronco Buff stated (somethinrandom), "He is a dick, but he is our dick." I think i was one of the few broncos fans to laugh at everyone for bagging on Rivers when we had the same guy but without the playoff wins. When he was gone, he left under bad terms/feelings so it was much easier for the rest to get on the anti bandwagon for Jay. Just seemed funny that they were also bagging on his ints, losses, etc. when it was in front of their faces the whole time. I dont like Cutler but stated he would do much better this year (as stated in one of Baja's offseason polls). Dont like him, not too sad he is gone and hope we get someone that can help us all forget that Cutler was on our team. That being said, Go Seahawks and win on a pick 6, 95 yard return.

~Crash~
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM

this !

I came on here last year and said before Cutler was traded I had a dream the bears won the SB... then Cutler got traded to the bears ...

it could get really good . I hope I can find the ribbing I got . at that time if so I plan on having some real fun bumping the ass hats retort.

DrFate
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I agree.

The double standard exists with some on this board who now want to say 'Cutler is just riding a strong defense/run game' in Chicago.

These are the same people who said Orton was 'a winner' for doing the same thing.

Either they are both 'winners' or they are both 'riding the defense/run game'. It's the same situation.

If someone thought Cutler was a bum when he was here, and you think he's a bum now - fine. More power to you. If you thought he was great five minutes before the trade and terrible five minutes after - just stop talking. He's the same guy.

No one on this board was clamoring for Kyle freakin' Orton to come to this team. But once he was here, he got the 'winner' brand. (until he lost it)

The double standard is just irritating.

fontaine
01-13-2011, 01:20 PM

I couldn't care less if Cutler did make it to the SuperBowl. Any player that gets there, no matter how much of a douchebag has worked his butt off regardless.

If anything it would be further affirmation of what kind of a$$hole McDaniels is and how dangerous it is to hand this fist pumping ego driven skid mark any kind of personnel responsibility.

~Crash~
01-13-2011, 01:23 PM

It is almost scary sad.:thumbs:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 01:23 PM
I couldn't care less if Cutler did make it to the SuperBowl. Any player that gets there, no matter how much of a douchebag has worked his butt off regardless.

If anything it would be further affirmation of what kind of a$$hole McDaniels is and how dangerous it is to hand this fist pumping ego driven skid mark any kind of personnel responsibility.

You do know that he's gone, right?

My goodness. You sound like a spurned lover.

bendog
01-13-2011, 01:24 PM
The double standard exists with some on this board who now want to say 'Cutler is just riding a strong defense/run game' in Chicago.

These are the same people who said Orton was 'a winner' for doing the same thing.

Either they are both 'winners' or they are both 'riding the defense/run game'. It's the same situation.

If someone thought Cutler was a bum when he was here, and you think he's a bum now - fine. More power to you. If you thought he was great five minutes before the trade and terrible five minutes after - just stop talking. He's the same guy.

No one on this board was clamoring for Kyle freakin' Orton to come to this team. But once he was here, he got the 'winner' brand. (until he lost it)

The double standard is just irritating.

irritating and amusing at the same time. I think most of these guys weren't even around for the three superbowls "under R66v5s" let alone 1977 and before.

Pick Six
01-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Cutler has a great matchup. No better team to face then hawks. It is a very winnable game for Jay. I mean cmon even Denver blew the hawks out. Not beat them, blew them out.

How they are even in playoffs is a mystery.

Seattle beat Chicago earlier this year, but the Bears were missing some key people on defense. It should be a much different situation, this time...

loborugger
01-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, but the other side of your argument is the dude is inconsistent & will win you games, even after being sack 4 or more time even after throwing pick six in the 2nd qtr!then come back and throw 3 TD passes in the next qtr and help win a game, case in point Jets vs Bears December 2010.

Uhhhhhhhhh.... did you read my first post???

Baba Booey
01-13-2011, 02:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6017986

More douchiness from Cutler, including some stories from his Denver days.

Makes me even more glad we have Tebow and they have Buzz Killington.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 02:49 PM

this deserves its own thread :thumbsup:

razorwire77
01-13-2011, 02:55 PM
I expect the Bears defense to beast Seattle, and Cutler to be enough of a caretaker to win by 10 points or so, in a low scoring game. Now when they play a tougher team where Cutler has to make more plays down the field to win, I fully expect him and that entire offensive line to sh*t the bed.

broncocalijohn
01-13-2011, 02:59 PM
this deserves its own thread :thumbsup:

It does but dont do it!

bendog
01-13-2011, 03:00 PM

Wow, it's like he's like a criminal.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 03:07 PM

And people wonder how I could possibly not have liked the guy when he was here.

He's a dickhead.

The one subplot I'd be interested to see (if his defense happens to carry him to the Super Bowl) is how he'll handle media day. He might actually spit on a reporter, intentionally, for asking him a question.

He's. A. Dickhead.

bendog
01-13-2011, 03:11 PM
manlove for mcd rears its ugly head. lol

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
manlove for mcd rears its ugly head. lol

stupidity does as well.

orangemonkey
01-13-2011, 03:52 PM

What he is is an RPG-armed, 27-year-old Vanderbilt product who dates a reality TV star named Kristin Cavallari, battles Type 1 diabetes every day, and doesn't care who understands him and who doesn't. He's a giving person who does things behind the scenes and hates it when he gets found out. A few days before Christmas, he and Cavallari brought presents for an entire ward of sick hospital kids. A reporter for the Sun-Times got wind of it and asked him about it. Cutler refused to discuss it.

He's a battler who's done amazingly well considering the swinging saloon-door offensive line he has to play behind. The man has been sacked more times this season (52) than in his three seasons in Denver combined (51). Yet he never complains.

"He's as sharp an individual as I've ever been around," says Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz.

Good for Jay. He doesn't give two ****s what anybody thinks and he's a winner, something Denver needs right now badly.

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 04:01 PM
And people wonder how I could possibly not have liked the guy when he was here.

He's a dickhead.

The one subplot I'd be interested to see (if his defense happens to carry him to the Super Bowl) is how he'll handle media day. He might actually spit on a reporter, intentionally, for asking him a question.

He's. A. Dickhead.

A few days before Christmas, he and Cavallari brought presents for an entire ward of sick hospital kids. A reporter for the Sun-Times got wind of it and asked him about it. Cutler refused to discuss it.

Someone is definitely a dickhead, but it's not Cutler.

ColoradoDarin
01-13-2011, 04:04 PM
doesn't care who understands him and who doesn't. He's a giving person who does things behind the scenes and hates it when he gets found out. A few days before Christmas, he and Cavallari brought presents for an entire ward of sick hospital kids. A reporter for the Sun-Times got wind of it and asked him about it. Cutler refused to discuss it.

That is awesome, good for him - though as much as I can't stand him , I'm going to say it was all his girlfriend's idea :) If that's his only redeeming quality, it's a pretty darn good one. The rest is par for the petulant douchebag course.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Someone is definitely a dickhead, but it's not Cutler.

Ah yes, cherry picking comments from an article.

Don't worry. I'm sure Jay will let you play with his dick head, Dickhead.

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Ah yes, cherry picking comments from an article.

Don't worry. I'm sure Jay will let you play with his dick head, Dickhead.

Who's cherry picking? By all means, show how he's such a dickhead when he's actually doing stuff like this for community and NOT for the attention/publicity of doing it.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Who's cherry picking? By all means, show how he's such a dickhead when he's actually doing stuff like this for community and NOT for the attention/publicity of doing it.

when john lynch talks, you listen. when john elway talks, you listen. this is basic NFL fundamentals, these are HOF/future HOF guys who know more than cutler ever will about the sport.

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 04:15 PM
when john lynch talks, you listen. when john elway talks, you listen. this is basic NFL fundamentals, these are HOF/future HOF guys who know more than cutler ever will about the sport.

I agree, but didn't you say you started watching football a few years ago? Did you ever get to see either play?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 04:16 PM

You are cherry picking. Do you know what that means?

The entire article is about what a dick the guy is. The headline is about how he's disliked around the league. There are, what, two paragraphs discussing the nice things he does for the community -- with the help of a publicist, I might add -- and those are the two paragraphs you re-post.

Cherry. Picking. That's what it means.

How would the media EVER find out about some good things he's doing in private? Gee... that's exactly the kind of story a HIRED PUBLICIST leaks. ON PURPOSE.

You're very naive. Generally pretty smart, but when it comes to the most obvious ****, you put 2 and 2 together and get 37. It's remarkable.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
I agree, but didn't you say you started watching football a few years ago? Did you ever get to see either play?

An interesting attempt to change the subject.

Aren't you the one who always gets all pissy and moany if anyone disrespects Shanahan or Elway on this board? And yet, Cutler disrespected both, PLUS John Lynch, and you defend him to the teeth.

It's really... odd.

Baba Booey
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM

This is basically the point I was making in the other thread, Rev. I should have rephrased about Lynch, however, and you were right about that.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 04:19 PM

so you lose the argument, and thus resort to attacking the poster. thats not like you at all...

CEH
01-13-2011, 04:26 PM

Here is what John Lynch had to say to Waddle in Chicago last year after the Bears aquired Culter

"Lynch was more complimentary of his former teammate Jay Cutler, whom the Bears acquired in an offseason trade with the Broncos.

"I like Jay, he's a friend of mine," Lynch said. "He had some growing up to do, probably still has some growing up to do. But in saying that, I think the Broncos erred in letting him go.

"This is a guy, in my mind, that's a once-in-every-15-year-type talent. He's got that kind of skill. I think he'll grow into the other things. I sometimes think during this whole ordeal, they tried to paint him as a bad guy, but he's not a bad guy at all. He's got some growing up to do, but hopefully he learned something from this whole ordeal and offseason."

Lynch said part of that maturation process for the 26-year-old Cutler is opening up.

"I think he's very reserved and to himself, and that's fine," Lynch said. "I think sometimes it's just the way -- I hate to put it on this -- but sometimes the new generation. They just don't understand things that you think everyone should understand. I think he wants to learn. I think he's reached out to people trying to learn, and I think he will because as I said, once you get to know him on a one-on-one basis, he's by no means a bad person or a bad teammate. He's just, as I mentioned, got some things to grow up in."

Fail again right on cue

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 04:26 PM

"I like Jay, he's a friend of mine," Lynch said. "He had some growing up to do, probably still has some growing up to do. But in saying that, I think the Broncos erred in letting him go.

"This is a guy, in my mind, that's a once-in-every-15-year-type talent. He's got that kind of skill. I think he'll grow into the other things. I sometimes think during this whole ordeal, they tried to paint him as a bad guy, but he's not a bad guy at all. He's got some growing up to do, but hopefully he learned something from this whole ordeal and offseason."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4336504

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 04:27 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4336504

thats like asking jon gruden to say something about anyone on the air when hes commentating.

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 04:29 PM
An interesting attempt to change the subject.

Aren't you the one who always gets all pissy and moany if anyone disrespects Shanahan or Elway on this board? And yet, Cutler disrespected both, PLUS John Lynch, and you defend him to the teeth.

It's really... odd.

Absolutely.

One question though.... Where was the disrespect? I've NEVER read Elway complain ANYWHERE about Cutler.

Comments over what he was doing during dinner? Think that came from Shanahan or Elway? Me either. Must be extremely reliable then.

And the thing with Lynch? If you check the quote above, it clearly wasn't the big deal this writer makes it out to be. **** like that happens ALL the time in sports. It's not a sign of disrespect. Some times your teammates also get on your nerves and you want them to shut the **** up. No matter who it is. Why do you think guys get into fights in camps?

jhns
01-13-2011, 04:30 PM
This will never go away because Cutler makes it impossible for us to get over him.

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 04:31 PM
thats like asking jon gruden to say something about anyone on the air when hes commentating.

Didn't click the link?

That's a story ABOUT John Lynch telling potential Marshall suitors to be cautious. So he's going to trash him a little but gush about Jay so he can....? Well ****, I can't even find a TSIGuy-esque reason.

orangemonkey
01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Absolutely.

One question though.... Where was the disrespect? I've NEVER read Elway complain ANYWHERE about Cutler.

Comments over what he was doing during dinner? Think that came from Shanahan or Elway? Me either. Must be extremely reliable then.

And the thing with Lynch? If you check the quote above, it clearly wasn't the big deal this writer makes it out to be. **** like that happens ALL the time in sports. It's not a sign of disrespect. Some times your teammates also get on your nerves and you want them to shut the **** up. No matter who it is. Why do you think guys get into fights in camps?

Word. Terrell Davis said on the Fan this week that Knowshon Moreno will not return his calls after repeated attempts. He's a big dickhead too!

jhns
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12060007

I don't think Elway displikes Cutler. In fact, it seems that the guy now running this football team is calling a lot of you dumbasses.

orangemonkey
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM

I don't think Elway displikes Cutler. In fact, it seems that the guy now running this football team is calling a lot of you dumbasses.

And here's why it's still a relevant discussion topic:

"We won't really know about this trade until we find out what kind of players the draft picks are. If those guys are all-pros, it's a hell of a trade. If they're not, and Cutler goes on to win a Super Bowl, well . . ." said Elway, who didn't finish the sentence.

Inkana7
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM

First time you post today, and it's in the 2 Cutler threads. :thumbsup:

jhns
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
First time you post today, and it's in the 2 Cutler threads. :thumbsup:

Is this a surprise?

Inkana7
01-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Is this a surprise?

For a Broncos fan on the day a new head coach is hired? Yes.

jhns
01-13-2011, 04:50 PM
For a Broncos fan on the day a new head coach is hired? Yes.

I'm reading up on Fox before I start talking about him. I know about Cutler.

SoCalBronco
01-13-2011, 09:57 PM
I think he gets a nice casual stroll to the SB. I hope someone can stop NE so he has a good chance at winning it ^5

:thumbsup:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Absolutely.

Not all quarterbacks handle their business through the media instead of face to face. Just for consideration.

And Elway and Reilly are extremely close, and have been since Reilly was a beat reporter in the '80s. So the word probably came from Elway.

The Lynch thing was absolutely disrespectful, the same way it would be disrespectful for you to text -- as a grown-ass man, by the way -- while your grandfather is teaching you about life. It is absolutely disrespectful. Lynch was trying to HELP CUTLER, and Cutler couldn't be bothered to listen?

That's not disrespectful?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Two posts from John Lynch, neither one of them overtly negative, but BOTH mention that he needs to GROW THE **** UP.

Gee, why would anyone harp on that?

All the talent in the world, and needs to learn to act like a ****ing adult. Like EVERYONE on this board has been saying for years now.

DivineBronco
01-13-2011, 11:19 PM
:thumbsup:

when will you moderating a bears board
you will be so much more happy there

Miss I.
01-13-2011, 11:51 PM
1. yes Jay needs to mature. this is not news
2. The article, and I use this term loosely, it contradictory to other things. I still don't get the Shanahan taking Jay to dinner with John, if Shanny and John are not friendly at all? Would that even happen? frankly this sounds like gossipy crap to me.
3. Finally, not a Jay Cutler fan, but I wish him well. It's unfortunate we were unable to use his talents and help him gain the maturity he needs to be our QBOTF, but we have Tebow and he's way hotter anyway, I mean uh, he's got more upside. ;D

broncocalijohn
01-14-2011, 12:14 AM
MISS I, they might have been friendly at the time of the lunch. It could have been 2006.

Miss I.
01-14-2011, 09:23 AM
MISS I, they might have been friendly at the time of the lunch. It could have been 2006.

When did John and Shanny fall out? well no matter, still not exactly news. Jay is who we thought he was. ;D

Bronco Vixen
01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
The unprecedented luck the Bears have enjoyed this season is what maddens me.

It is foolish to make the claim that they are the number 2 seed in the NFC (and very likely will be playing in the NFC championship and quite possibly the SB) because of how well Prince Petulant Pants has played. Once again it was their defense and it was their defense against a very suspect schedule.

I know that every team experiences a bit of luck here and there every season (notable exception the ‘10/11 Broncos), but the way the stars have aligned for the Bears this year is staggering.

The facts:
- The Bears played only 6 games this year against teams with a winning record (GB twice) and only went 3-3.
- 4 of the 6 were at home. In fact their 4 most difficult games of the season were at home, and against Philly they had 10 days to prepare and they got to play NE after a short week for the Pats (although that didn’t seem to matter).
- They faced five backup QBs (2 of whom were third string).
- Four of their victories were bogus. Detroit should have beaten them twice – once with the legitimate Calvin Johnson TD and the second without a ridiculous pass interference call that kept the winning drive alive for Chicago.
- GB should have swept them. They handed the game over to them after a record penalty game and another totally bogus PI call.

Offensive Rankings:
21st: points
30th: yards
28th: passing yards
22nd: rushing yards

Defensive Rankings:
4th: points allowed
9th: yards allowed
20th: passing yards allowed
2nd: rushing yards allowed

Wow, I sound bitter & obsessive. Is it at all obvious that I've been surrounded by Bears fans all year? :)

Bronco Vixen
01-14-2011, 11:43 AM
1. yes Jay needs to mature. this is not news
2. The article, and I use this term loosely, it contradictory to other things. I still don't get the Shanahan taking Jay to dinner with John, if Shanny and John are not friendly at all? Would that even happen? frankly this sounds like gossipy crap to me.
3. Finally, not a Jay Cutler fan, but I wish him well. It's unfortunate we were unable to use his talents and help him gain the maturity he needs to be our QBOTF, but we have Tebow and he's way hotter anyway, I mean uh, he's got more upside. ;D

Without doubt the most salient stat thrown out to date!! ;)

mustangtoby
01-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I'll probably get flamed hard here, especially being a new member (don't confuse with new fan!). I'm rooting for the Bears just because of Cutler, I've always been a fan of his, was pissed when he got traded, and would love to see him do well. That being said, I'm actually glad he's gone, because that led us to Tebow - who I believe is gonna be way better than Jay could ever be. But as of right now, I'm rooting for the Bears to go all the way (although I think the Pats are gonna win the big show).

flame suit on

SoCalBronco
01-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Now I'm prolly not going to be able to watch the game because I have to go into the office on Sunday morning. :(

Archer81
01-14-2011, 11:30 PM
but we have Tebow and he's way hotter anyway, I mean uh, he's got more upside. ;D

Can you imagine Tebow in the sack. Think about how amped he gets for games...Good God...it might blow your head off.

In a good way.

:Broncos:

TonyR
01-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Awesome take down of Cutler by Bill Simmons:

I planned on taking the Bears all week -- thinking they would throw with impunity on Seattle like Brees did last weekend -- until my friend Connor asked me, "Wait, why should I trust Jay Cutler laying 10 points in a playoff game again?" Cutler hasn't thrown for 250 yards since Week 7. For the season, he threw 16 picks, fumbled nine times and got sacked 52 times. His career record in the NFL? 24-29. His career record at Vanderbilt? 11-34. His career number of playoff games (college or pro): 0. His offensive coordinator is the immortal Mike Martz, who has a storied track record of stubbornly out-thinking himself in big games. And he isn't exactly inspiring as a leader, as Rick Reilly pointed out in a recent column. Which brings me back to our original question: Why should I trust Jay Cutler laying 10 points in a playoff game again?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/playoffs/round2&sportCat=nfl

TonyR
01-15-2011, 06:52 AM
The unprecedented luck the Bears have enjoyed this season is what maddens me.

Yup. From the same Bill Simmons article I quoted above:

E-Mail (from Brian in Chicago): "The Bears are the luckiest team in the history of the NFL. Every week it seems like they get a horrendously lucky break, beginning in Week 1 with the Calvin Johnson catch/no catch and continuing throughout the season. That is why, as soon as the Seahawks won against New Orleans, I took ALL of the money I had won through pools and fantasy this year (I had a great year, $500 total winnings) and bet it on the Packers to beat Philly. Why? Because the Bears are the luckiest effing team in the NFL -- if the Packers won, then Chicago would get Seattle at home. You know the rest. Has there ever been a team this lucky?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/playoffs/round2&sportCat=nfl