PDA

View Full Version : Greg Manusky for DC

The MVPlaya
01-13-2011, 04:57 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/13/high-demand-for-greg-manusky/

But other teams see something in Manusky that the Niners didnt. Hes a candidate for the position of defensive coordinator with the Cardinals, Chargers, and Cowboys, and Manusky interviewed for the head-coaching position in Carolina, which ultimately when to guy hed be replacing in San Diego, Ron Rivera.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Contrary to popular belief, Mike Singletary is not (solely) responsible for that defense in SF, but it is this man, Greg Manusky. It's funny how people go around saying Singletary should be our DC. The fact is, Singletary has no knowledge of any XO's, and is probably the dumbest football coach in regards to XO's to ever coach the game. Singletary will never, ever, in his life be able to get a coordinator position. That's the 1st thing I'd like to clear up. He's a great LB coach though.

Anyone living in the bay or who follows the 49ers knows this.

So, I didn't know that Manusky was on the market or else I would have brought his name up earlier. This guy is a 3-4 DC that coaches up a physical type of defense that can stop the run extremely effectively. He had limited talent in the secondary (pretty poor)...but he did an outstanding job with what he had. They did have a decent front 7 (and Willis) but nothing earth shattering (other than Willis). Their defense found a way to play solid even when their offense couldn't stay on the field.

However, I highly doubt the Broncos organization has really looked at anything further than the HC spot... if he's still available they've got to bring this coach in if they want to run a 3-4.

HILife
01-13-2011, 05:03 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/13/high-demand-for-greg-manusky/

But other teams see something in Manusky that the Niners didnt. Hes a candidate for the position of defensive coordinator with the Cardinals, Chargers, and Cowboys, and Manusky interviewed for the head-coaching position in Carolina, which ultimately when to guy hed be replacing in San Diego, Ron Rivera.

Contrary to popular belief, Mike Singletary is not (solely) responsible for that defense in SF, but it is this man, Greg Manusky. It's funny how people go around saying Singletary should be our DC. The fact is, Singletary has no knowledge of any XO's, and is probably the dumbest football coach in regards to XO's to ever coach the game. Singletary will never, ever, in his life be able to get a coordinator position. That's the 1st thing I'd like to clear up. He's a great LB coach though.

Anyone living in the bay or who follows the 49ers knows this.

So, I didn't know that Manusky was on the market or else I would have brought his name up earlier. This guy is a 3-4 DC that coaches up a physical type of defense that can stop the run extremely effectively. He had limited talent in the secondary (pretty poor)...but he did an outstanding job with what he had. They did have a decent front 7 (and Willis) but nothing earth shattering (other than Willis). Their defense found a way to play solid even when their offense couldn't stay on the field.

However, I highly doubt the Broncos organization has really looked at anything further than the HC spot... if he's still available they've got to bring this coach in if they want to run a 3-4.

Is this a fact?

The MVPlaya
01-13-2011, 05:07 AM
Is this a fact?

Well I'm not sure about dumbest (I don't know the history of the dating back to 19__) but it is a fact that he's not competent on any level of XO's. One of the reasons why Singletary was such a horrible coach because he was just football dumb outside of LB coaching.

And yes, he will never ever be able to get an DC position..not in the NFL and probably not in NCAA football. He's not a coordinator, he does not call plays, design plays, or have anything to do with XOs.

I'm not sure if he knows the difference between a 4-3 and 3-4 defense.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2011, 06:27 AM
Well I'm not sure about dumbest (I don't know the history of the dating back to 19__) but it is a fact that he's not competent on any level of XO's. One of the reasons why Singletary was such a horrible coach because he was just football dumb outside of LB coaching.

And yes, he will never ever be able to get an DC position..not in the NFL and probably not in NCAA football. He's not a coordinator, he does not call plays, design plays, or have anything to do with XOs.

I'm not sure if he knows the difference between a 4-3 and 3-4 defense.

Lol wut?

Hyperbole: Catch the Fever.

Dutch
01-13-2011, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE=The MVPlaya;3084376]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/13/high-demand-for-greg-manusky/

Contrary to popular belief, Mike Singletary is not (solely) responsible for that defense in SF, but it is this man, Greg Manusky. It's funny how people go around saying Singletary should be our DC. The fact is, Singletary has no knowledge of any XO's, and is probably the dumbest football coach in regards to XO's to ever coach the game. Singletary will never, ever, in his life be able to get a coordinator position. That's the 1st thing I'd like to clear up. He's a great LB coach though.Anyone living in the bay or who follows the 49ers knows this.

Agreed. I've been disappointed at the number of people on this board calling for Singletary as our DC. What in the hell has he ever done to warrant the job? This is worse than hiring Dennison as HC in my opinion as Singletary already demonstrated how out of his depth he was as HC.

DrFate
01-13-2011, 06:50 AM
The fact is, Singletary has no knowledge of any XO's, and is probably the dumbest football coach in regards to XO's to ever coach the game.

Mike Tice?

Boomhauer
01-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Keep what works, fix what doesn't.............

DC: Don 'Wink' Martindale
DL: Wayne Nunnely
LB: Bill Romanowski
DB: Darren Perry

montrose
01-13-2011, 07:01 AM
What about Ron Meeks?

ColoradoBuff
01-13-2011, 07:31 AM
i'd take Manusky for DC.

Bronco Boy
01-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Anything but Wink.

HILife
01-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Mike Tice?

Hey, have we interviewed him yet? I'm going to start a Hire Mike Tice thread. Who's with me!>!/!?

http://lmmarcoe.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/mtice1.jpg

fontaine
01-13-2011, 12:17 PM
I'll see your Singletary who doesn't know XO's and raise you a Wink who can't count to 11.