PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Search-Fox Video

Gutless Drunk
01-12-2011, 04:05 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Coaching-Search-Fox/6dd353f2-5140-47fd-92db-71095a71d397#?id=6dd353f2-5140-47fd-92db-71095a71d397

bronco_diesel
01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Nice touch with the orange tie and blue shirt!

gyldenlove
01-12-2011, 04:26 PM
So, the wait is on then, 5 interviews and ....

AmericanBroncFan
01-12-2011, 04:28 PM
My homer glasses have me wanting Rico but I think Fox would bring a stability to this team that needed very badly.

Bronco Boy
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
He should have taken the Costanza approach with Bowlen:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiwtXHPwGPE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xiwtXHPwGPE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Smiling Assassin27
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
My homer glasses have me wanting Rico but I think Fox would bring a stability to this team that needed very badly.

I second the second part of that statement. Fox has demonstrated his ability as a HC already and has always provided a stable foundation in Carolina, even as the talent pool was decent, shaky, and then downright awful. He comes off as a very good leader.

Homer Simpson
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM

What are me glasses like? ;)

Seriously, I think I like the idea of him building a good d and good running game and getting a good OC to work with Tebow. I think he'd be a really good fit!

titan
01-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I much prefer Fox over Dennison. I like the dynamic of an experienced older coach with the inexperienced (and hopefully bright) Elway and Xanders. Fox kind of reminds me of our best defensive coordinator in recent years - Larry Coyer.

From the videos I thought Koetter came off the best with Fox second. I'd be happy with either one, given that we aren't getting a bigger fish like Gruden or Harbaugh.

bowtown
01-12-2011, 04:48 PM
We better not **** this up. Just hire this guy already.

NFLBRONCO
01-12-2011, 04:50 PM
John preached we want someone with HC'ing exp well Fox is it. Get it done

OBF1
01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I really love the new approach Denver is starting... Showing video clips of the start of a meeting interviewing a potential new head coach, Ground breaking at the very least. I like the new direction so far and like Fox even more now.

uplink
01-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Either the guys in the interview room really liked fox, or maybe they are just glad he is the last interviewee for awhile.

titan
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Good interview quotes from Fox at this link:

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2011/01/12/fox-experience-his-selling-point/

UberBroncoMan
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
I was hoping to see us go towards a Pitt/Balt 3-4...never really "loved" the 4-3 but I'm sure he could handle a 3-4.

Not counting this past 2-14 season he had a .555 winning percentage in Carolina and 3 playoff appearances in nine years.

He's good but not "great."

plummershelper
01-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Is it just me or does Xanders have no command of his interpersonal communication skills. Every video I've seen has him throwing out a lot of ums, looking away from eye contact, and never really commanding any attention. In that video with Fox he shakes hands weakly and immediately steps away. I don't want a pansy GM. But, I could be over analyzing, and It's good to see Elway who is the polar opposite in the appearance of Xanders. He's confident, if underqualified, but he puts on a good show. I guess time will tell.

PRBronco
01-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Is it just me or does Xanders have no command of his interpersonal communication skills. Every video I've seen has him throwing out a lot of ums, looking away from eye contact, and never really commanding any attention. In that video with Fox he shakes hands weakly and immediately steps away. I don't want a pansy GM. But, I could be over analyzing, and It's good to see Elway who is the polar opposite in the appearance of Xanders. He's confident, if underqualified, but he puts on a good show. I guess time will tell.

And don't even get me started on his goatee.

schaaf
01-12-2011, 05:02 PM
xanders goatee is..... badass???

Ray Finkle
And don't even get me started on his goatee.

because it's damn sexy?

Gutless Drunk
Looks like Bowlen showed up for this one:

Bronco Boy
01-12-2011, 05:04 PM

WTF is with Elway's suit/pants combination?

PRBronco
01-12-2011, 05:04 PM

Seriously if I went to a job interview with that many interviewers, and they wanted to film it, I'd probably throw up on myself and pass out. In that order.

baja
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Is it just me or does Xanders have no command of his interpersonal communication skills. Every video I've seen has him throwing out a lot of ums, looking away from eye contact, and never really commanding any attention. <b> In that video with Fox he shakes hands weakly and immediately steps away. </b> I don't want a pansy GM. But, I could be over analyzing, and It's good to see Elway who is the polar opposite in the appearance of Xanders. He's confident, if underqualified, but he puts on a good show. I guess time will tell.
I commented on this earlier. It's a sure sign of a deceptive man. I think him and Elway are going to clash on a regular basis and I expect to see Xanders tramped sometime this year.

_Oro_
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
By far the best video so far.

bowtown
01-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Seriously if I went to a job interview with that many interviewers, and they wanted to film it, I'd probably throw up on myself and pass out. In that order.

And that's exactly what Pat did.

Drek
01-12-2011, 05:12 PM
2 things I noticed:

1. Bowlen was in this interview. Is this the first one he's shown up for? I can't recall seeing him in any of the other ones. Seems rather telling.

2. Fox referenced Elway's father when answering the question. He spent a ton of his early career on the west coast. Is there any history of a relationship there? He and Elway sure seemed to be getting along at the tail end of the video clip.

Interesting fact, despite Fox being viewed as a 4-3 guy through and through his first taste of NFL coaching experience came with Chuck Noll in Pittsburgh as the DBs coach, where they were (obviously) running a 3-4.

*edit* just rewatched the other videos and didn't see Bowlen in them. Maybe I missed him but seems like Fox is the only one he felt like showing up for.

Also, just noticed by damn it looked like Elway just jumped straight on questioning Dennison before he'd even sat down. I can't help but think Dennison getting the interview is an Ellis/Xanders idea (inexperienced HC the FO can control, both greeted him warmly by his nickname Rico). He fails to meet the biggest criteria John has vocalized as desirable for this job (previous HC experience).

gtown
01-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Pat is looking really frail these days. Almost Montgomery Burns-ish.

Homer Simpson
01-12-2011, 05:16 PM
2 things I noticed:

1. Bowlen was in this interview. Is this the first one he's shown up for? I can't recall seeing him in any of the other ones. Seems rather telling.

2. Fox referenced Elway's father when answering the question. He spent a ton of his early career on the west coast. Is there any history of a relationship there? He and Elway sure seemed to be getting along at the tail end of the video clip.

Interesting fact, despite Fox being viewed as a 4-3 guy through and through his first taste of NFL coaching experience came with Chuck Noll in Pittsburgh as the DBs coach, where they were (obviously) running a 3-4.

Vic Lombardi responded to 1 earlier, he has been at every interview, he just hasn't been photographed in any of them.

Rohirrim
01-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Fewell is my favorite just based on those videos. He has a real positive energy and honesty about him that I think would translate to the players easily. Very self-assured, confident guy. Fox seems like the old pro, but also comes across as kind of a political schmoozer. Koetter sounds like he's in over his head. Same with Studes. Dennison, just judging from the video, isn't seasoned enough. Not ready.

Que
01-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Not to cross post but to cross post:
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/jwplayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="flashvars"value="height=390&width=480&file=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/web_final_lo/8939479e-1ea2-11e0-bb59-003048d69c21_10.mp4&image=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/web_final_lo/8939479e-1ea2-11e0-bb59-003048d69c21_10.jpg&link=http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8261509&searchbar=false&autostart=false"/><embed src="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/jwplayer.swf" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=390&width=480&file=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/web_final_lo/8939479e-1ea2-11e0-bb59-003048d69c21_10.mp4&image=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/web_final_lo/8939479e-1ea2-11e0-bb59-003048d69c21_10.jpg&link=http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8261509&searchbar=false&autostart=false"></embed></object><object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/embedded-xnl-stats.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/embedded-xnl-stats.swf" width="1" height="1" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

Liquid Courage
01-12-2011, 05:25 PM
We better not **** this up. Just hire this guy already.

this.

get him in here, get a staff together that can build an innovative, aggressive offense that plays to our strengths and a defense that breeds contempt for its competition and then draft some strong, fast, mean sons a beaches that'll get after it and let's get some payback for a year of suck!

2KBack
01-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Fewell is my favorite just based on those videos. He has a real positive energy and honesty about him that I think would translate to the players easily. Very self-assured, confident guy. Fox seems like the old pro, but also comes across as kind of a political schmoozer. Koetter sounds like he's in over his head. Same with Studes. Dennison, just judging from the video, isn't seasoned enough. Not ready.

That's interesting, specifically in regards to Koetter and Fewell, I thought Fewell came off like a guy that hopes he can do the job, while Koetter came off as a guy that knows he can.

srphoenix
01-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Fox's Carolina teams have always had good to great defense with a run heavy offense, which is exactly what we seem to be searching for in a head coach. I think his downfall and reason for not having even greater success than he did was poor QB play. Delhomme has never amounted to anything better than a journeyman really and the year he did accomplish even a little was the year they went to the superbowl.

I'm really warming on the idea of Fox as the head coach and I think coupled with Tebow who (screw the haters) is going to be awesome, we'll have a playoff ready team if not by next year, the year after. It will be interesting to see if he tries to install the same D he had in Carolina or something new for the Broncos. If it's Carolina's 4-3 were definitely taking either Bowers or Fairley.

scorpio
01-12-2011, 05:31 PM
If Fox is the pick we need to keep McCoy.

baja
01-12-2011, 05:33 PM
The thing that concerns me is his age and usually a head coach needs a break after a long run with one team. Does he have the energy it will take to rebuild this team. I would rather give the job to a younger hungrier man with something to prove.

baja
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I hope we take a look at Mularkey

Taco John
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
These videos make me feel like we (the fans) are part of the committee.

frerottenextelway
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=27884&d=1294876912
]
"Hey Coach Fox, where is Luther and Dauber?" - Pat

cutthemdown
01-12-2011, 05:45 PM
I really love the new approach Denver is starting... Showing video clips of the start of a meeting interviewing a potential new head coach, Ground breaking at the very least. I like the new direction so far and like Fox even more now.

They are also going to let a fan call one play each week. Everyone twitters to Elway a play and he will pick one and make coach run it.

Also Cheerleaders now have to screw at least 3 fans a yr a piece. One of those 3 has to be a woman because they don't want to get sued. That way some lucky fans will at least get some tail. They will do those drawing at halftime of the home games.

But the best news is the drink a beer with Elway day. You get to sit around Broncos HQ and get drunk all day!!!!

cutthemdown
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
The last one is called the be VP for a day promotion.

schaaf
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Yes yes!!

Popps
01-12-2011, 05:47 PM

:spit:

Ray Finkle
01-12-2011, 05:47 PM

if we were, there is no way some of these guys would get an interview....

UNLESS- Denver is pulling the old NY Ranger coaching search. You ID who you want from the start but interview several candidates. Each candidate offers a suggestion on how to improve the team.....you take that part as an outside scout report and know where to focus.

Popps
01-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Fox is the obvious choice, at this stage. Any other pick, and you have to really question what's going on in that office.

Popps
01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
if we were, there is no way some of these guys would get an interview....

I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm.

Ray Finkle
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM

do I post with any other way :D

frerottenextelway
01-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Fox looks like a guy who knows he's going to get hired.

sutoazul
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm addicted to Broncos' news and NFL news. What the Elway & the Broncos are doing tweeting and posting these videos is just plain awesome.

LonghornBronco
01-12-2011, 05:56 PM
I like Fox of those interviewed so far, he has presence.

Taco John
01-12-2011, 05:56 PM

Nah, it wasn't sarcasm. This is breaking new ground here. The Broncos are being very progressive with their social media. I think they are paying attention to how fans are reacting too. That's not to say that the fans will get the final say by any stretch of the imagination. But John talked in detail about the special relationship that this organization has with its fans, and I think that they are showing that they take that seriously.

frerottenextelway
01-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Nah, it wasn't sarcasm. This is breaking new ground here. The Broncos are being very progressive with their social media. I think they are paying attention to how fans are reacting too. That's not to say that the fans will get the final say by any stretch of the imagination. But John talked in detail about the special relationship that this organization has with its fans, and I think that they are showing that they take that seriously.

I think we'll begin to see other teams follow our footsteps. Good to be a leader, even if it is on a small issue.

Taco John
01-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm addicted to Broncos' news and NFL news. What the Elway & the Broncos are doing tweeting and posting these videos is just plain awesome.

That's the way I see it too. It's already eliminated a couple of rumor mills by my count.

orangemonkey
01-12-2011, 06:07 PM

Agree. John's doing exactly what he promised to the fans by creating more transparency. It's like an extension of NFL Hard Knocks. Hell, maybe that is the next play by John!

Chris
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM

It's highly likely many of the forums are being looked at. That's done in many highly visible businesses, not just football.

OBF1
01-12-2011, 06:12 PM
That's the way I see it too. It's already eliminated a couple of rumor mills by my count.

So what is Klis going to do for a living now ROFL!

baja
01-12-2011, 06:21 PM

It was a really smart move by the front office which is a good sign.

schaaf
01-12-2011, 06:25 PM
can they possibly make two smart moves in a row?

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-12-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm digging Elway's pimp getup.

baja
01-12-2011, 06:30 PM
can they possibly make two smart moves in a row?

They already did. The first one was when the found themselves painted into a corner they figured out the one move that could possibly pull them out, they hired John Elway to run the football show.

TonyR
01-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Fox is the obvious choice, at this stage. Any other pick, and you have to really question what's going on in that office.

This is where I'm at. Experience and stability (which this organization needs badly right now), respected, older but not too old (almost 56), defense background, probably has a lot of connections and contacts to form a staff. Ideally team him up with some younger coordinators, start playing some defense and running the football. And, hopefully, winning!

JoRo
01-12-2011, 06:38 PM
It's highly likely many of the forums are being looked at. That's done in many highly visible businesses, not just football.

I've actually been thinking this for awhile now, with at least some of the stuff the Post puts out. It seems almost in response to fans opinions or thoughts on things.

frerottenextelway
01-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Fun fact: Counting college & pros, John Fox has coached on 14 different teams.

gyldenlove
01-12-2011, 06:46 PM
WTF is with Elway's suit/pants combination?

Finally an important question, to me it looks like he put on some swanky dark tan leather pants, then got to the office and realized it was interview day and had to throw on his emergency white shirt and jacket.

Dudeskey
01-12-2011, 06:48 PM
hire him. That is all, thanks...™

JoRo
01-12-2011, 06:50 PM
This is where I'm at. Experience and stability (which this organization needs badly right now), respected, older but not too old (almost 56), defense background, probably has a lot of connections and contacts to form a staff. Ideally team him up with some younger coordinators, start playing some defense and running the football. And, hopefully, winning!

I agree with this, anyone who wonders due to his age have to realize that Coughlin is somewhere north of 60, Dick Lebeau is over 70, and so on. If he does a good job and say retires in 5-6 years, at the very least we'll be in a much better position because of it.

I think he's the smart hire.

mwill07
01-12-2011, 06:52 PM
In 2001 Panthers were 1-15. Fox was hired in 2002. He had them in the Super Bowl in 2003. That's pretty damn good. That's demonstrated success at turning around a franchise.

broncswin
01-12-2011, 07:15 PM
End the search now...this is our guy...time to start talking money and years here...get it done and get going on the draft and free agents out there...start working a screw job on some suitor for Mr. Orton

broncswin
01-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Dont think the OM has been this one sided in a long time...that is saying something, since we are all an amazing talent in the football sense LOL

Lestat
01-12-2011, 07:23 PM
i really want Fox as the new headman. he will turn this franchise around and help us boost the defense up from what it should never have been.

frerottenextelway
01-12-2011, 07:47 PM
A couple tweets from Elway:

RT @jj1997 -Do they present or is it like an interview? >Both. We’ve got our questions but want to hear their plans/vision, too
35 minutes ago via web

Great to get John Fox in here for his interview today. Had a good meeting with a well-respected coach.
44 minutes ago via web

schaaf
01-12-2011, 07:53 PM
you think they'll try and get the second interviews done by tomorrow and friday?

HooptyHoops
01-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Fox has the most experience by far....and what we need right now, is a great OC and great DC and with all that experience, he has the most connections....by far! Get it done!

Dudeskey
01-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Fox has the most experience by far....and what we need right now, is a great OC and great DC and with all that experience, he has the most connections....by far! Get it done!

Only downside is he'll likely retain McCoy as our OC :-X

mwill07
01-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Only downside is he'll likely retain McCoy as our OC :-X

the offense McCoy was in w/ Fox was far different than the offense he ran for McD. Besides - it might not be a bad thing to give Tebow a little continuity w/ the coaching staff.

Popcorn Sutton
01-12-2011, 08:45 PM

baja
01-12-2011, 09:11 PM

I love this transparency. Fox comes off as confident and a man with a good plan I like him as Head Coach just fine now and without the information I would still be skeptical. The information changed my mind so their plan works very well for what they want to accomplish.

strafen
01-12-2011, 09:14 PM
the offense McCoy was in w/ Fox was far different than the offense he ran for McD. Besides - it might not be a bad thing to give Tebow a little continuity w/ the coaching staff.I'll have to agree...

strafen
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
He fails to meet the biggest criteria John has vocalized as desirable for this job (previous HC experience).

I try to remember what exactly did Elway say in respect to his criteria.
Correct me if I'm wrong...
I thought he said NFL coaching experience. I don't think he especifically stated NFL "headcoaching" experience, right?

scorpio
01-12-2011, 09:26 PM
I try to remember what exactly did Elway say in respect to his criteria.
Correct me if I'm wrong...
I thought he said NFL coaching experience. I don't think he especifically stated NFL "headcoaching" experience, right?

He did say HC experience, whether it be college or pros.

HAT
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Fox is a bucket full of 'meh' to me. Nothing wrong with him being hired but if the goal is to get the most out of Tebow going forward, Koetter is the man you want.

Dream scenario would be Koetter as HC and Fox as DC. Tough to say if Fox would accept that after being denied the HC gig but if nobody else is calling, you never know.

Koetter could fill OC and QB coach with some combo of Helfrich, Grimes or Shula. Wasn't Shula HC at 'Bama when they were the only other school Tebow considered? Bring on Osborne as ST & TE coach as well.

Throw Fox a bone and let him pick his defensive assistants.

Like many have said....Elway and Co. are going to address the D this off season no matter what. I want Koetter calling the shots on O because he can smash mouth a run game (Jax), go vertical (ASU) & loves a TE threat....Miller or Lewis as FA's anyone?

Koetter with a proven DC seems more beneficial than Fox with a proven OC.

Steve Sewell
01-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Fox is a bucket full of 'meh' to me. Nothing wrong with him being hired but if the goal is to get the most out of Tebow going forward, Koetter is the man you want.

Dream scenario would be Koetter as HC and Fox as DC. Tough to say if Fox would accept that after being denied the HC gig but if nobody else is calling, you never know.

Koetter could fill OC and QB coach with some combo of Helfrich, Grimes or Shula. Wasn't Shula HC at 'Bama when they were the only other school Tebow considered? Bring on Osborne as ST & TE coach as well.

Throw Fox a bone and let him pick his defensive assistants.

Like many have said....Elway and Co. are going to address the D this off season no matter what. I want Koetter calling the shots on O because he can smash mouth a run game (Jax), go vertical (ASU) & loves a TE threat....Miller or Lewis as FA's anyone?

Koetter with a proven DC seems more beneficial than Fox with a proven OC.

http://safeforlunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/NotSureIfSerious1.jpg

strafen
01-12-2011, 09:38 PM
He did say HC experience, whether it be college or pros.I wouldn't mind Dennison if he got the job. I think he could pull this off.
I think we're in a situation right now that an experienced headcoach will have to be the way to go...
I think Fox is the best fit of all the available candidates.

Back to Dennison, they could have a different plan of action to assemble the rest of his supporting staff; coaches, assistants and what have you. They could bring at least a good DC...

Fox, already had some good coaches in Carolina that were let go with him.
His DC is a good one...

Man-Goblin
01-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Fox is the guy. Get it done.

HAT
01-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Quite serious SS.

And unless Fox absolutely smoked his interview, I don't think Elway & Co. have the balls to hire him.

We here on the 'Mane may understand that he's a better coach than his 2-14 Panthers suggest but to your average fan and the MSM...It's one helluva tough sell.

If you're John Elway, do you really want your first major move as an NFL exec to be hiring the ONLY coach who finished worse than Denver?

If it happens, I'll be okay with it because at least it will show some conviction. I just don't see it happening.

Koetter is a tough sell to JQP as well but at the end of the day, I think the front office will do what they always do and go with the offensive guy.

Dennison is probably the safest play from a public opinion POV but I hope they don't go that route.

Steve Sewell
01-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Quite serious SS.

And unless Fox absolutely smoked his interview, I don't think Elway & Co. have the balls to hire him.

We here on the 'Mane may understand that he's a better coach than his 2-14 Panthers suggest but to your average fan and the MSM...It's one helluva tough sell.

If you're John Elway, do you really want your first major move as an NFL exec to be hiring the ONLY coach who finished worse than Denver?

If it happens, I'll be okay with it because at least it will show some conviction. I just don't see it happening.

Koetter is a tough sell to JQP as well but at the end of the day, I think the front office will do what they always do and go with the offensive guy.

Dennison is probably the safest play from a public opinion POV but I hope they don't go that route.

I don't know. Fox isn't going to take a job as a DC. The guy did a pretty remarkable job at Carolina considering that he worked for a Bidwell-like owner and had pretty average to below average QB play for his entire tenure at Carolina. Turning a 1-15 team into an *almost* Super Bowl winner 2 years later is pretty impressive under those circumstances. When he says he's got a "blueprint" to turn the Broncos around, its hard to argue given the evidence. Regarding this past season, they lost one of the best defensive players in the NFL in Julius Peppers, and had to rely on the steaming pile of **** that is Jimmy Clausen at QB for the entire season.

You give this guy an arsenal of good defensive picks, in addition to his ability to field a good coaching staff, and return Dumerville, and the Broncos have the makings of a team that can turn itself around pretty quickly under Fox's leadership.

The other thing about your post that gave me pause was mention of Mark Helfrich. The dude was flat out bad at CU. I know he's done very well at Oregon, but that team is absolutely loaded with talent. Tebow needs a QB coach with extensive NFL QB coaching experience to bring him along. The thing that I do like about Koetter is that the QB play at ASU during his tenure was very impressive, and I believe that Helfrich was his QB coach at the time.

montrose
01-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I'd be cool with Fox and while I'm not a McCoy fan - some continuity with Tebow would be a very good thing. Guys like Alex Smith that have multiple OCs their 1st few years in the league are almost destined to suck.

Tim
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I was wondering how many back to back winning seasons fox has had in carolina?

strafen
01-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Coaching Results

Glossary · SHARESHARE [X] · CSV · PRE · LINK (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FoxxJo0.htm#coaching_results::none) · More Tools

<TABLE id=coaching_results class="sortable stats_table"><COLGROUP><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL></COLGROUP><THEAD><TR><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align=left table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="0">Year</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="23" tip="Player's age on December 31st of that year" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="1">Age</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align=left table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="2">Tm</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="24" tip="League
NFL - National Football League
AFL - American Football League
AAFC - All-American Football Conference
APFA - American Professional Football Association" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="3">Lg</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="25" tip="Games played" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="4">G</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="26" tip="Games Won" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="5">W</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="27" tip="Games Lost" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="6">L</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="28" tip="Tie Games" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="7">T</TH><TH class="tooltip hide_non_quals" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="29" tip="Win-Loss Percentage of team
For coaches, minimum to qualify for leading is 50 games.
After 1972, ties are counted as half-wins and half-losses.
Prior, the league didn\'t count them as games in W-L% calculations." table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="8">W-L%</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="30" tip="Playoff games coached in" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="9">G plyf</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="31" tip="All Playoff Wins" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="10">W plyf</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="32" tip="Playoff games lost" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="11">L plyf</TH><TH class="tooltip show_partial_when_sorting hide_non_quals" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="33" tip="Win-Loss Percentage of team in playoffs
For coaches, minimum to qualify for leading is 4 games.
Includes games in the pre-Super Bowl era." table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="12">W-L%</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="34" tip="Team's Finish in Division" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="13">Rank</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align=left table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="14">Notes</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR data-row="0"><TD align=left>2002 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002/)</TD><TD align=right>47</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2002.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2002_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.438</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="1"><TD align=left>2003 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003/)</TD><TD align=right>48</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2003.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2003_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.688</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.750</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=left>NFC Champions </TD></TR><TR data-row="2"><TD align=left>2004 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2004/)</TD><TD align=right>49</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2004.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2004_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.438</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="3"><TD align=left>2005 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2005/)</TD><TD align=right>50</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2005.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2005_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.688</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.667</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="4"><TD align=left>2006 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2006/)</TD><TD align=right>51</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2006.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2006_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.500</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="5"><TD align=left>2007 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007/)</TD><TD align=right>52</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2007.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2007_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.438</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="6"><TD align=left>2008 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/)</TD><TD align=right>53</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2008.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2008_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>12</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.750</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.000</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="7"><TD align=left>2009 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2009/)</TD><TD align=right>54</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2009.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2009_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.500</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="8"><TD align=left>2010 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/)</TD><TD align=right>55</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2010.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2010_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.125</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR></TBODY><TFOOT><TR class=stat_total data-row="9"><TD align=left>9 yrs</TD></TR></TFOOT></TABLE>

strafen
01-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Full Coaching History

Glossary · SHARESHARE [X] · CSV · PRE · LINK (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FoxxJo0.htm#coaching_history::none) · More Tools

<TABLE id=coaching_history class="sortable stats_table"><COLGROUP><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL></COLGROUP><THEAD><TR><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align=left table_number="3" sorttable_columnindex="0">Year</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="51" tip="Coach's age on December 31st of that year" table_number="3" sorttable_columnindex="1">Age</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="52" tip="NFL, college, high school, etc." table_number="3" sorttable_columnindex="2">Level</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="53" tip="Where the individual was coaching during that season" table_number="3" sorttable_columnindex="3">Employer</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="54" tip="Title" table_number="3" sorttable_columnindex="4">Role</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR data-row="0"><TD align=left>1978</TD><TD align=right>23</TD><TD align=left csk="2">College</TD><TD align=left>San Diego State</TD><TD align=left>Graduate Assistant</TD></TR><TR data-row="1"><TD align=left>1980</TD><TD align=right>25</TD><TD align=left csk="2">College</TD><TD align=left>Boise State</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="2"><TD align=left>1981</TD><TD align=right>26</TD><TD align=left csk="2">College</TD><TD align=left>Long Beach State</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="3"><TD align=left>1982</TD><TD align=right>27</TD><TD align=left csk="2">College</TD><TD align=left>University of Utah</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="4"><TD align=left>1983</TD><TD align=right>28</TD><TD align=left csk="2">College</TD><TD align=left>University of Kansas</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="5"><TD align=left>1984</TD><TD align=right>29</TD><TD align=left csk="2">College</TD><TD align=left>Iowa State</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="6"><TD align=left>1985</TD><TD align=right>30</TD><TD align=left csk="3">USFL</TD><TD align=left>Los Angeles Express</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="7"><TD align=left>1986</TD><TD align=right>31</TD><TD align=left csk="2">College</TD><TD align=left>University of Pittsburgh</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="8"><TD align=left>1987</TD><TD align=right>32</TD><TD align=left csk="2">College</TD><TD align=left>University of Pittsburgh</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="9"><TD align=left>1988</TD><TD align=right>33</TD><TD align=left csk="2">College</TD><TD align=left>University of Pittsburgh</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="10"><TD align=left>1989</TD><TD align=right>34</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1989.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="11"><TD align=left>1990</TD><TD align=right>35</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1990.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="12"><TD align=left>1991</TD><TD align=right>36</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/1991.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="13"><TD align=left>1992</TD><TD align=right>37</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>San Diego Chargers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/1992.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="14"><TD align=left>1993</TD><TD align=right>38</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>San Diego Chargers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/1993.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Backs</TD></TR><TR data-row="15"><TD align=left>1994</TD><TD align=right>39</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Los Angeles Raiders (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai/1994.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Coordinator</TD></TR><TR data-row="16"><TD align=left>1995</TD><TD align=right>40</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Oakland Raiders (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai/1995.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Coordinator</TD></TR><TR data-row="17"><TD align=left>1996</TD><TD align=right>41</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>St. Louis Rams (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/1996.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Consultant</TD></TR><TR data-row="18"><TD align=left>1997</TD><TD align=right>42</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>New York Giants (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/1997.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Coordinator</TD></TR><TR data-row="19"><TD align=left>1998</TD><TD align=right>43</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>New York Giants (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/1998.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Coordinator</TD></TR><TR data-row="20"><TD align=left>1999</TD><TD align=right>44</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>New York Giants (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/1999.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Coordinator</TD></TR><TR data-row="21"><TD align=left>2000</TD><TD align=right>45</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>New York Giants (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2000.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Coordinator</TD></TR><TR data-row="22"><TD align=left>2001</TD><TD align=right>46</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>New York Giants (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2001.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Defensive Coordinator</TD></TR><TR data-row="23"><TD align=left>2002</TD><TD align=right>47</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2002.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Head Coach</TD></TR><TR data-row="24"><TD align=left>2003</TD><TD align=right>48</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2003.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Head Coach</TD></TR><TR data-row="25"><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=right>49</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2004.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Head Coach</TD></TR><TR data-row="26"><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=right>50</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2005.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Head Coach</TD></TR><TR data-row="27"><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=right>51</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2006.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Head Coach</TD></TR><TR data-row="28"><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=right>52</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2007.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Head Coach</TD></TR><TR data-row="29"><TD align=left>2008</TD><TD align=right>53</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2008.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Head Coach</TD></TR><TR data-row="30"><TD align=left>2009</TD><TD align=right>54</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2009.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Head Coach</TD></TR><TR class=hl data-row="31"><TD align=left>2010</TD><TD align=right>55</TD><TD align=left csk="10">NFL</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2010.htm)</TD><TD align=left>Head Coach</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FoxxJo0.htm

Tim
01-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Oh thanks, 0 back to back winning seasons. Sounds like the man for the job!

HAT
01-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Coaching Results

Glossary · SHARESHARE [X] · CSV · PRE · LINK (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FoxxJo0.htm#coaching_results::none) · More Tools

<TABLE id=coaching_results class="sortable stats_table"><COLGROUP><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL><COL></COLGROUP><THEAD><TR><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align=left table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="0">Year</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="23" tip="Player's age on December 31st of that year" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="1">Age</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align=left table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="2">Tm</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="24" tip="League
APFA - American Professional Football Association" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="3">Lg</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="25" tip="Games played" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="4">G</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="26" tip="Games Won" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="5">W</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="27" tip="Games Lost" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="6">L</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="28" tip="Tie Games" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="7">T</TH><TH class="tooltip hide_non_quals" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="29" tip="Win-Loss Percentage of team
Prior, the league didn\'t count them as games in W-L% calculations." table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="8">W-L%</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="30" tip="Playoff games coached in" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="9">G plyf</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="31" tip="All Playoff Wins" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="10">W plyf</TH><TH class=tooltip align=middle jQuery1294897075390="32" tip="Playoff games lost" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="11">L plyf</TH><TH class="tooltip show_partial_when_sorting hide_non_quals" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="33" tip="Win-Loss Percentage of team in playoffs
Includes games in the pre-Super Bowl era." table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="12">W-L%</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align=middle jQuery1294897075390="34" tip="Team's Finish in Division" table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="13">Rank</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align=left table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="14">Notes</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR data-row="0"><TD align=left>2002 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002/)</TD><TD align=right>47</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2002.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2002_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.438</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="1"><TD align=left>2003 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2003/)</TD><TD align=right>48</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2003.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2003_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.688</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.750</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=left>NFC Champions </TD></TR><TR data-row="2"><TD align=left>2004 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2004/)</TD><TD align=right>49</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2004.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2004_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.438</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="3"><TD align=left>2005 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2005/)</TD><TD align=right>50</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2005.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2005_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.688</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.667</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="4"><TD align=left>2006 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2006/)</TD><TD align=right>51</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2006.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2006_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.500</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="5"><TD align=left>2007 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007/)</TD><TD align=right>52</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2007.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2007_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.438</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="6"><TD align=left>2008 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/)</TD><TD align=right>53</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2008.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2008_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>12</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.750</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.000</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="7"><TD align=left>2009 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2009/)</TD><TD align=right>54</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2009.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2009_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.500</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR data-row="8"><TD align=left>2010 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/)</TD><TD align=right>55</TD><TD align=left>Carolina Panthers (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2010.htm)</TD><TD align=left>NFL</TD><TD align=right>16 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2010_games.htm)</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.125</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=left></TD></TR></TBODY><TFOOT><TR class=stat_total data-row="9"><TD align=left>9 yrs</TD></TR></TFOOT></TABLE>

Great....No B2B winning seasons but no B2B losing seasons. 73-71 overall.

:strong:

meangene
01-13-2011, 03:48 AM
I'm beginning to think Fox is the only candidate who brings the stability and experience this team needs to restore it's credibility as a franchise.

Agamemnon
01-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Coaching Results

With Jake Freakin' Dellhomme at QB the whole time. Yeah I'm thinking Fox is the way to go...

Drek
01-13-2011, 04:37 AM
With Jake Freakin' Dellhomme at QB the whole time. Yeah I'm thinking Fox is the way to go...

And an owner unwilling to pay Julius Peppers and Kris Jenkins.

When is the last time you heard of the Panthers making a big FA move? When have you heard of them making an FA move that wasn't strictly a depth pickup at the time?

VERY cheap ownership. You pair him with an FO that can spend some money and a QB who can actually make some plays (Tebow) and we might see some real good things.

Most successful HCs hit it big their second time around. That means at some point the first time around they bottomed out and lost their job. You can't hold that against them. What you can say about Fox is that when the message was fresh he took a 1-15 team to the SB in two years, had three double digit win seasons over his first eight years, and was never more than a game away from .500 any of those eight years.

This while playing in a division that in his tenure had two Super Bowl winners, a third make it there (Fox), and three NFCC appearances (1 - Fox) in addition to that. Five of his first eight years the NFC South was putting a team in the final four. Only one division winner had less than double digit wins ('07 Tampa Bay, 9-7).

Coming to our weak ass division will probably feel like a vacation for him. In comparison we've had one team make it to the SB in that time (the very first year) and only two AFCC appearances. We've seen our divisional winner eliminated in their first playoff game five times over the past 9 years and all three of our wild card representatives failed to make it past the WC round.

In short, the AFC West sucks, the NFC South is a competitive division. Fox was set up to fail this year by a horrible owner. If Fox was in our division he'd be the best HC from day one.

i4jelway7
01-13-2011, 04:58 AM
I'm sold... hire John Fox

fontaine
01-13-2011, 05:07 AM
I just think Fox can hit the ground running from preparing the draft to already having a set of assistants coaches in mind that would be able to work with him.

No surprises from him like a limited draft board, getting into shouting matches with his DC, and shutting out the GM on personel moves or entertaining offers on trading Lloyd/Tebow.

With Fox you get stability right from day 1 because he knows how to run a football team rather than learning on the job.

Also Carolina has made the most out of the first day picks when Fox was there, especially defensively and that's exactly what we need.

cousinal11
01-13-2011, 06:17 AM
I'm sold... hire John Fox

Agree. (73-71) at Carolina with nothing but suck at QB. Absolute suck. Excellent eye for talent on the defensive side of the ball which is where our focus on Draft Day needs to be for a while.

BroncosMT
01-13-2011, 07:33 AM
I think it comes down to Fewell and Fox....I think with his track record and having experienced somethign similar to what we have going on here....I think this would be a smart hire IMO

TonyR
01-13-2011, 07:39 AM
I just think Fox can hit the ground running from preparing the draft to already having a set of assistants coaches in mind that would be able to work with him.

No surprises from him like a limited draft board, getting into shouting matches with his DC, and shutting out the GM on personel moves or entertaining offers on trading Lloyd/Tebow.

With Fox you get stability right from day 1 because he knows how to run a football team rather than learning on the job.

100% agree. My thinking exactly. This is what this organization needs right now. He's not an exciting hire but I think he's the smart hire.

pantherfan
01-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Being in NC and having watched the Panthers since 1996-their first year, I hope John Fox finds a home in Denver. Fox is an excellent coach who amazingly won despite a mediocre talent pool (offense) in Charlotte. I remember when Fox came in replacing 1-15 George Seifert as head coach of the Panthers the big name floating around Charlotte was Steve Spurrier; thank God the Panthers went for Fox. In the Super Bowl year of 2003 the Panthers were a quality product with Delhomme playing way above his head. I still believe the Panthers didn't really lose to the Patriots, but just ran out of time. The 2008 team was also fun to watch and were great until Delhomme completely blew up in the playoffs against Arizona. From that point on ownership in Charlotte did everything possible to gut the team; yet John Fox stayed and stuck it out. Fox is a quality guy and I hope he lands with a quality organization like the Broncos. I expect Elway & Co. will right the ship out there and in my opinion hiring Fox would be a great first move. Best of luck to the Bronco nation.

oubronco
01-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Fox finished his nine years with the Panthers 73-71, but went 2-14 last year working as a lame-duck coach with his contract expiring and no hint that it would be renewed. Much of the Panthers’ veteran leadership was gutted by cuts and contract expirations, leaving him with a young team that became even more short-handed after a parade of injuries that began with weakside linebacker Thomas Davis and right tackle Jeff Otah, both of whom were key components of a 12-4 season in 2008.

This might ease a few concerns of hiring the guy

Play2win
01-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Above all, I think we need a guy that has a winning formula in place. It seems Fox has that.

BroncosMT
01-13-2011, 08:00 AM
This might ease a few concerns of hiring the guy

I think the one thing that prevents us from hiring Fox and not Dennison is $$$$$$ If that is the case bring Fewell.....I was nauseus reading Woody this morning about Dennison....I think the more I read about Fox the more I like him....just not sure we would put up the dollars to do it

NFLBRONCO
01-13-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm beginning to think Fox is the only candidate who brings the stability and experience this team needs to restore it's credibility as a franchise.

A great mod on another board mentioned Fox was the only guy interviewed that sat at the head of the table. I haven't seen interview video's.

oubronco
01-13-2011, 08:11 AM
I think the one thing that prevents us from hiring Fox and not Dennison is $$$$$$ If that is the case bring Fewell.....I was nauseus reading Woody this morning about Dennison....I think the more I read about Fox the more I like him....just not sure we would put up the dollars to do it

I don't think money will be a deciding factor in the coach because they have said they want the right coach and if that means spending more money they'll do it

frerottenextelway
01-13-2011, 08:12 AM
A great mod on another board mentioned Fox was the only guy interviewed that sat at the head of the table. I haven't seen interview video's.

I don't think that's true.

oubronco
01-13-2011, 08:13 AM
FOX’S BACKGROUND IS ON DEFENSE, and he already knows that much of the Broncos’ rebuilding will be concentrated there. He coached 4-3 defenses in Carolina and from 1997-2001 as the New York Giants’ defensive coordinator, but said running a 3-4 alignment wouldn’t be a problem.
“Not really. It’s semantics,” Fox said. “Obviously there are some personnel things that aren’t that deep-seated. Everybody plays under/over, whether you originate out of the 3-4 or 4-3.
“A lot of it is pretty much the same. I think moving forward this season might be a bit different from other seasons because we don’t know if we’re going to be in a lockout-type situation or not. I think that will be discussed today.”

Interesting, goes along with what Med has been saying

Broncojef
01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
The one guy who managed to coach a team to a worse record than McDaniels and everyone is crazy for him. Hilarious!

oubronco
01-13-2011, 08:22 AM
The one guy who managed to coach a team to a worse record than McDaniels and everyone is crazy for him. Hilarious!

Fox finished his nine years with the Panthers 73-71, but went 2-14 last year working as a lame-duck coach with his contract expiring and no hint that it would be renewed. Much of the Panthers’ veteran leadership was gutted by cuts and contract expirations, leaving him with a young team that became even more short-handed after a parade of injuries that began with weakside linebacker Thomas Davis and right tackle Jeff Otah, both of whom were key components of a 12-4 season in 2008.

This might help ease your concern a little

PRBronco
01-13-2011, 08:22 AM

They all sat there.

cousinal11
01-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Are there any other interviews scheduled? Thought I heard we were waiting on Capers for an interview, but also that we wouldn't wait around for Mularkey.

BroncosMT
01-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Are there any other interviews scheduled? Thought I heard we were waiting on Capers for an interview, but also that we wouldn't wait around for Mularkey.

The way the DP made it sound yesterday we were moving forward with what we had interviewed.

cousinal11
01-13-2011, 08:38 AM
The way the DP made it sound yesterday we were moving forward with what we had interviewed.

If thats the case, Fox and Fewell are the obvious choices in my opinion, given the state of our defense. Having said that, taking into consideration what Elway said about hiring a coach with experience, Fox is our man. No?

BroncosMT
01-13-2011, 08:39 AM
If thats the case, Fox and Fewell are the obvious choices in my opinion, given the state of our defense. Having said that, taking into consideration what Elway said about hiring a coach with experience, Fox is our man. No?

I would tend to agree at this point but IMO money is going to play a factor here....I might be very wrong...but I think they will pick Dennison

HAT
01-13-2011, 08:41 AM
This might help ease your concern a little

A NINE year history of .500 ball and not once having winning seasons back to back is supposed to ease concern......Okaaaaaay.

2KBack
01-13-2011, 08:44 AM

Hiring a "Defensive Coach" doesn't really mean anything. Hiring a coach with a plan for the defense does. Case in point Brian Billick and Mike Nolan. Nolan is a great DC, his defenses as a HC were terrible, Billick was supposedly a great OC his defenses were amazing. It's about the best candidate for HC, not the best OC or DC. A great head coach will know the value of all phases of the game and it doesn't matter what his coordinating background is.

schaaf
01-13-2011, 08:45 AM
A NINE year history of .500 ball and not once having winning seasons back to back is supposed to ease concern......Okaaaaaay.

dude its the panthers what he did there is remarkable. mark my word I will be surprised if Rivera has a winning season in Carolina

NFLBRONCO
01-13-2011, 08:47 AM
I would tend to agree at this point but IMO money is going to play a factor here....I might be very wrong...but I think they will pick Dennison

I agree unfortunately :(

EzBronco715
01-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Im not really afainst Fox but I'm still holding out some small hope for Mularkey

Steve Sewell
01-13-2011, 09:00 AM
At this point I'm pretty convinced that Fox is the best candidate for the job.

Drek
01-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Interesting, goes along with what Med has been saying

Fox's first NFL job was in the 3-4 under Chuck Noll in Pittsburgh, he's familiar with the 3-4 front.

NFLBRONCO
01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
So you think Denver will bring in 3 finalists max

baja
01-13-2011, 10:05 AM
It's fun having the teaser Vids. based solely on that I now think it's going to be;

Fox 65%

Dennison 35%

pantherfan
01-13-2011, 01:30 PM
dude its the panthers what he did there is remarkable. mark my word I will be surprised if Rivera has a winning season in Carolina

Unfortunately I suspect you are right. Clausen at quarterback doesn't look like a winning formula for the Panthers. Hey maybe we could get Jake Delhomme back?

All Panther talk aside.... Fox is very calm and level headed. He got on some people's nerves in Carolina for this, but if stability is what you're looking for he's just that. Even in the midst of such a horrible season as the Panthers had this year, there wasn't a lot of in-fighting reported in local media. He's a conservative coach who likes to run the ball and play defense. If he has the talent he'll open up the offense though. Case in point Delhomme's "above his head" year of 03 with Steve Smith, Muhsin. Muhammad, and Ricky Proehl he threw for 323 yards 16-33 and three TD's vs the Patriots in the Super Bowl. So with a good young QB and some talent Fox can and will open it up.

Requiem
01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
PantherFan,

Tell us about Fox's influence on the Panthers drafts, which have been pretty ****ty if I do say so myself.

i4jelway7
01-14-2011, 05:52 AM
Welcome to charlotte Ron, your the next lame duck coach that will get fired b/c of poor ownership...

This is the right move for the Broncos, best move they could of made. John Fox is just what we need... let the resurrection begin

frerottenextelway
01-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Funny post I came across;

Personally, I'm glad John Fox is gone from Carolina. We did everything we could to make him successful. During his time w/us we surrounded him with weapons. Vinnie Testerverde, Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen, David Carr, Tony Pike, Brian St.Pierre, Dwayne Jarrett, Keary Colbert just to name a few. We also got rid of all our dead weight such as Julius Peppers, Chris Harris, Will Weatherspoon just to name a few. We traded draft picks to get up and comers like Armanti Edwards in third round and Everitt Brown in the second. In spite of all this, John Fox could only get to 1 Super Bowl, could only get to 2 NFC championships but never had back to back winning seasons. What a loser...