PDA

View Full Version : i know its a lot to ask...

tsiguy96
01-12-2011, 12:46 PM
i know its a ton to ask, but regardless of who the broncos hire as HC, can we atleast have SOME grace period where everyone gives the guy a chance to make his mark on the team and show whether he will be a successful coach? doom and gloom can wait until the team starts losing....

just a thought, let the crying commence!

RhymesayersDU
01-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Hilarious.

bendog
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM
If he doesn't start out trading a probowl qb and trading a first for a second, I'll prolly be ok. Of course if he does do that stupid ****, you'll be on his bandwagon.

SoCalBronco
01-12-2011, 12:54 PM
i know its a ton to ask, but regardless of who the broncos hire as HC, can we atleast have SOME grace period where everyone gives the guy a chance to make his mark on the team and show whether he will be a successful coach? doom and gloom can wait until the team starts losing....

I don't think you understand the nature of a message board. It's a place to exchange opinions. Anytime you have someone new in charge, they are going to make some significant and controversial decisions early in their tenure to shape the team. Some people will agree with those things and some won't, why do you seek to constantly muzzle people? This isn't the team website message board. This is a DIFFERENT place. We just went 4-12, so no one is in the mood to give anyone honeymoons about anything. No one is getting anything, not Elway, or Xanders or the coach or whomever. Everyone can give their own views, positive or negative. It's better that way, rather than everyone parroting syrupy homer BS all the time. Just let people do what they want. TruFan syndrome got us 4-12, so I don't want to hear it.

Kaylore
01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
This will be a good thread.

FWIW I will support and root for whoever our coach is just as I always have done.

frerottenextelway
01-12-2011, 12:58 PM
We should hire 2 head coaches so we're really prepared when 1 gets fired.

Kaylore
01-12-2011, 01:04 PM
I'll say this, if the new head coach comes in and randomly fires the long snapper like last time, I'll actually be ok with it. :)

TheReverend
01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Another outstanding thread title.

BroncosMT
01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
And doesn't pick up any NE rejects....I will be ok with it

Man-Goblin
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
I'll probably voice my opposition once, then move on and hope and pray I'm wrong. Kinda like how I handled the front office hirings/non-hirings.

But I won't fill every thread with a lame regurgitation of my distaste for the guy and basically spam the board and annoy everyone.

I mean, I may annoy everyone, but not by doing that.

vancejohnson82
i want whoever it is fired already

PRBronco
I think we should just let MVPlaya tell us how to feel.

TheReverend
Link?

SonOfLe-loLang
And doesn't pick up any NE rejects....I will be ok with it

Gaffney was a good one

Rohirrim
01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
I'll say this, if the new head coach comes in and randomly fires the long snapper like last time, I'll actually be ok with it. :)

You know, Leach found a job with the Cardinals. Maybe we can make this thread a discussion of long snappers?

BroncosMT
01-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Gaffney was a good one

True...but Maroney was not

mkporter
i want whoever it is fired already

How funny, I want us to hire the guy that we won't be hiring.

oubronco
Pics

Kaylore
01-12-2011, 01:11 PM
You know, Leach found a job with the Cardinals. Maybe we can make this thread a discussion of long snappers?

For whatever reason, some here have re-imagined I loved everything McDaniels did. This was the first in a long series of things that pissed me off. Good thing we got rid of an awesome long snapper who doubled as a gunner and was a more than adequate back up tight end for a more expensive long snapper, with fugly tattoos who can do literally nothing else except be the butt of jokes where he compares favorably to Bob.

CEH
01-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Good idea I suggest we extend this sentiment to the '11 draft as well.
I do not want to see a bunch of 2nd guessing, voicing pleasure/displeasure on the draft picks is foolhearty right now

Give these guys time to grow into their position.
Just a thought

OBF1
01-12-2011, 01:15 PM
The new coach is tearing this team apart.

Rohirrim
01-12-2011, 01:15 PM
For whatever reason, some here have re-imagined I loved everything McDaniels did. This was the first in a long series of things that pissed me off. Good thing we got rid of an awesome long snapper who doubled as a gunner and was a more than adequate back up tight end for a more expensive long snapper, with fugly tattoos who can do literally nothing else except be the butt of jokes where he compares favorably to Bob.

I'm with you on that one. Never did understand it.

Popps
01-12-2011, 01:16 PM
i know its a ton to ask, but regardless of who the broncos hire as HC, can we atleast have SOME grace period where everyone gives the guy a chance

You know how this is going to work, dude. Those who didn't want Shanahan to get fired are going to fall in love with ________ as our next coach, and be infinitely patient with him.

The rest of the people will likely judge him on his merits and give him a fair shot.

For a huge portion of posters here, it's still about McDaniels... which is really just code for... it's still about Shanahan. That's just how this stuff works.

Personally, I'll give the new coach at least two years, as I gave our last coach. Shanahan's mess wasn't going to be fixed in less than two years... and our current mess won't either.

The one exception might be Dennison. I'll root for him and give him a fair chance, but if he's hired... it portends very, very bad things, imo. It basically means we're hiring a yes-man and a former Bronco more than a qualified coach.

EzBronco715
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty new here, and this seems like a fairly reasonable request, so naturally everyone is going to flame it. Correct?

Kaylore
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
@JosinaAnderson Jus now hearin frm my source the new coach be tradin' tebow n makn lonie paxton nw QB. Mz cleo nvr rong.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2011, 01:21 PM

We're all a bunch of morons. Just a hunch.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-12-2011, 01:22 PM
No

Rohirrim
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
http://tommyviola.mlblogs.com/lombardi-trophy.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM

Blasphemer. I find your lack of faith (in Lonnie) disturbing.

bendog
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
No

succinct yet eloquent

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I had a turkey sandwich for lunch. With broccoli sprouts and hummus, lettuce, tomato, on whole wheat bread. Delicious.

baja
01-12-2011, 01:38 PM

what no doom & gloom?

Screw that.

SoCalBronco
01-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I had a turkey sandwich for lunch. With broccoli sprouts and hummus, lettuce, tomato, on whole wheat bread. Delicious.

Are you visiting baja in Cabo?

Pony Boy
01-12-2011, 01:43 PM

baja
01-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Are you visiting baja in Cabo?

what we do to turkeys;

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps461_HCS1131435C106.jpg

TailgateNut
01-12-2011, 01:45 PM

That looks like Sarah aiming at one of her opponents.:wiggle:

serious hops
01-12-2011, 01:46 PM

**** no. Carry on.

ColoradoDarin
01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Only if you start using the shift key appropriately :)

OABB
01-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I will do as I have always done... Not state an opinion and than claim I was right in hindsight. That's the best I can give you.

Kaylore
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Only if you start using the shift key appropriately :)

There you go! Let's bargain! TSIGuy, if you learn to use proper thread titles and punctuation then we will give the new coach a chance. :welcome:

tsiguy96
01-12-2011, 02:04 PM
There you go! Let's bargain! TSIGuy, if you learn to use proper thread titles and punctuation then we will give the new coach a chance. :welcome:

That is a definite possibility. How do others feel about this request?
:twokisses

gunns
01-12-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't think you understand the nature of a message board. It's a place to exchange opinions. Anytime you have someone new in charge, they are going to make some significant and controversial decisions early in their tenure to shape the team. Some people will agree with those things and some won't, why do you seek to constantly muzzle people? This isn't the team website message board. This is a DIFFERENT place. We just went 4-12, so no one is in the mood to give anyone honeymoons about anything. No one is getting anything, not Elway, or Xanders or the coach or whomever. Everyone can give their own views, positive or negative. It's better that way, rather than everyone parroting syrupy homer BS all the time. Just let people do what they want. TruFan syndrome got us 4-12, so I don't want to hear it.

THIS! Bingo! :thumbsup:

TonyR
01-12-2011, 02:08 PM

Did you also get a part in that play with Kaylore?

mkporter
01-12-2011, 02:15 PM
That is a definite possibility. How do others feel about this request?
:twokisses

I will definitely give the new coach a grace period to tear this franchise apart in exchange for punctuation and proper thread titles. As soon as you slip up, though, he's getting the "Full McD"(c).

tsiguy96
01-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I will definitely give the new coach a grace period to tear this franchise apart in exchange for punctuation and proper thread titles. As soon as you slip up, though, he's getting the "Full McD"(c).

i dont know if i can do it. i just dont know.

will mull it over.

tsiguy96
01-12-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm pretty new here, and this seems like a fairly reasonable request, so naturally everyone is going to flame it. Correct?

you got it. thats how the OM works.

doom, gloom and crying are promoted around these parts. elway is tearing this team apart.

baja
01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
THIS! Bingo! :thumbsup:

Well I can see you're going to be a barrel of laughs when Dennison gets the HC job. ;D

2KBack
01-12-2011, 02:31 PM
hmmmmm....DUMBison? No....DenniSINNER? No.....Maybe, DIMmison

Aw Hell, we have time to figure some out still I think

worm
01-12-2011, 02:33 PM
I would also like to request that we all agree with me on politics, religion and women.

Mountain Bronco
01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
This will be a good thread.

FWIW I will support and root for whoever our coach is just as I always have done.

Dito.

listopencil
01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
We should hire 2 head coaches so we're really prepared when 1 gets fired.

http://www.gogaboo.info/upload//2010/08/brilliant.jpg

mkporter
01-12-2011, 02:41 PM
I would also like to request that we all agree with me on politics, religion and women.

Well, duh! All of these are much less polarizing and controversial than the new broncos head coach.

Hogan11
01-12-2011, 02:42 PM

To quote the late, great Watermock circa 2004: "Pollyanna"

~Crash~
01-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Pics:worthless

listopencil
01-12-2011, 02:45 PM

Well...no. Because you are new here, you missed the time period where tsiguy constantly whined and cried, begging everyone to be good fans and refrain from posting anything negative whatsoever on this board. He was the Head Scout of the True Fan Patrol, and would routinely admonish posters to root for a different team or go to a different message board to save his fragile ego.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Did you also get a part in that play with Kaylore?

Nope. Not manly enough.

BlaK-Argentina
01-12-2011, 02:52 PM

Imagine Shanahan comes back. Wouldn't you give him a honeymoon? Come oooon... :sunshine:ROFL!

BlaK-Argentina
01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Well...no. Because you are new here, you missed the time period where tsiguy constantly whined and cried, begging everyone to be good fans and refrain from posting anything negative whatsoever on this board. He was the Head Scout of the True Fan Patrol, and would routinely admonish posters to root for a different team or go to a different message board to save his fragile ego.

He was 100% right. It's ok to voice your opinion... it's ok to disagree with what the coach is doing but there was a time where no one could have a decent discussion about ANYTHING without some clown going all: "OMG mcD is teh worst coach evar!"... I mean, cool, you don't like him... is it really necessary to say it in every ****ing thread?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Imagine Shanahan comes back. Wouldn't you give him a honeymoon? Come oooon... :sunshine:ROFL!

I'd take him to Mexico to party with Baja and drink Margarita's and **** senoritas.

And then I'd scream that HE'S TEARING THIS TEAM APART!

Old Dude
01-12-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm already upset at the new guy because he's taking too long to get hired and we're losing valuable time.

Shows you right there that he's probably a self-absorbed loser with poor people skills.

tsiguy96
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM

nice revisionist history, but if thats what you actually believe, then no one will change your mind. im sure shanahan was just "a player away" or something from a SB, right?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I just farted.

Rohirrim
01-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm already upset at the new guy because he's taking too long to get hired and we're losing valuable time.

Shows you right there that he's probably a self-absorbed loser with poor people skills.

Man, I think you hit the nail on the head. Good analysis. Rep.

Archer81
01-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Tsi,

Yes, it is too much to ask.

:Broncos:

cutthemdown
01-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Tis you are the worlds biggest pussy.

cutthemdown
01-12-2011, 04:00 PM
nice revisionist history, but if thats what you actually believe, then no one will change your mind. im sure shanahan was just "a player away" or something from a SB, right?

That's pretty much how I see you also. To be a good fan you have to be a homer in your book.

schaaf
01-12-2011, 04:04 PM

That women should be making us all sammiches?

DrFate
01-12-2011, 04:19 PM
If he doesn't start out trading a probowl qb and trading a first for a second, I'll prolly be ok.

What he said...

TheReverend
01-12-2011, 04:34 PM

:spit:

That time ended?!?!?

tsiguy96
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
That's pretty much how I see you also. To be a good fan you have to be a homer in your book.

oh wait, to be a fan we have to be what you call "realistic" aka the sky is falling, pretty much constantly. what a way to walk through life.

bowtown
01-12-2011, 04:46 PM

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/5/128756427265432975.jpg

Taco John
01-12-2011, 05:52 PM

THEMVPlaya, thankyou.

Chris
01-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Even if we hire Dennison I will take a wait and see approach.

spdirty
01-12-2011, 06:20 PM
He was 100% right. It's ok to voice your opinion... it's ok to disagree with what the coach is doing but there was a time where no one could have a decent discussion about ANYTHING without some clown going all: "OMG mcD is teh worst coach evar!"... I mean, cool, you don't like him... is it really necessary to say it in every ****ing thread?

Well, in McD's case, yes. Because almost every single thread the discussion was about the stupid **** he was doing. It was neverending, there was always new stupid **** to talk about, and a lot of Bronco lovers got pissed off about it.

The new coach gets a grace period/honeymoon from me, because the new coach will have been Elways choice and the new coach can't do any worse than what we came from.

_Oro_
01-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I know it's a lot to ask but could you try capitalizing the first letter of your sentences?

KipCorrington25
01-12-2011, 07:43 PM
If he doesn't start out trading a probowl qb and trading a first for a second, I'll prolly be ok. Of course if he does do that stupid ****, you'll be on his bandwagon.

No worries, there, I sure don't see a current Pro Bowl QB on the roster so we're safe for now. ROFL!

cutthemdown
01-12-2011, 08:26 PM
oh wait, to be a fan we have to be what you call "realistic" aka the sky is falling, pretty much constantly. what a way to walk through life.

Nope not at all. That is what makes arguing this with you so fun. I don't think I am better fan then anyone. You can get pissed, not care so much, always be a homer, always be negative, whatever, but as long as the only football team you care about is the Denver Broncos you are a true fan. That and you have to follow the team and stay informed.

I don't think I am a better fan then you, just a smarter one.

listopencil
01-12-2011, 08:29 PM

Nice deflection, too bad it has nothing to do with how much of a Pollyanna you were. I can see by this thread that you plan to start that stupid **** up again.

listopencil
01-12-2011, 08:34 PM
:spit:

That time ended?!?!?

He did a get a little better. I guess being told to shut the **** up because no one gives a God damn what you think over and over finally had some impact. Looks like he's ready to announce that he his appointing himself Captain of the True Fan Patrol this year.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-12-2011, 08:37 PM

Thank You!

Missouribronc
01-12-2011, 08:54 PM
It really is disappointing that people are so cynical that they have to spew such vitriol at other fans, and get so mad, that on the anonymous internets they threaten coaches with violence and name calling. Its also sad that people who have such lack of self esteem that they have to come on the internet and personally attack players and coaches can't take their own medicine.

randomtask
01-12-2011, 09:10 PM
It really is disappointing that people are so cynical that they have to spew such vitriol at other fans, and get so mad, that on the anonymous internets they threaten coaches with violence and name calling. Its also sad that people who have such lack of self esteem that they have to come on the internet and personally attack players and coaches can't take their own medicine.

When did this happen? Can you provide serious examples?

Also, I'm pretty sure that the players and coaches could give a rat's backside if someone is calling them names on the internet.

Taco John
01-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Shanahan's mess wasn't going to be fixed in less than two years... and our current mess won't either.

Shanahan's "mess" could have easily been addressed in one year by adding a defense using the record amount of draft picks and cap space that we had that offseason. Josh had the opportunity to turn this team around quickly and instead steered the franchise into the ground.

colonelbeef
01-12-2011, 09:14 PM

poops and tsiguy would be on board 100%, lol

colonelbeef
01-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Shanahan's "mess" could have easily been addressed in one year by adding a defense using the record amount of draft picks and cap space that we had that offseason. Josh had the opportunity to turn this team around quickly and instead steered the franchise into the ground.

Don't waste your time- Poops has literally been wrong about everything football related for the last 3 years, his views on Shanahan and the team he left behind are irrelevant.

He thought McDaniels was doing a good job, LOL!

Taco John
01-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Don't waste your time- Poops has literally been wrong about everything football related for the last 3 years, his views on Shanahan and the team he left behind are irrelevant.

He thought McDaniels was doing a good job, LOL!

I'm just wondering if he's back to believing that the defensive line is important, or if he's still on the McD bandwagon that you've got to build the team from the defensive backs on in.

colonelbeef
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm just wondering if he's back to believing that the defensive line is important, or if he's still on the McD bandwagon that you've got to build the team from the defensive backs on in.

You have to wonder about a guy who still has a hard time understanding the level to which McDaniels ****ed up the team.

How anybody with half of a brain couldn't see this coming the minute the Cutler McStake happened is way beyond me.

His total incompetence was on full display as of Febuary 2008 for everybody with a modicum of football understanding (here is where Poops, dedhead, tsiguy, and the McFail clan leave the room) to see.

Poops should be embarrassed. Frankly, if I had been that completely wrong for that long about something I professed to love, I would give myself a long timeout and think about whether or not I really understood what I was watching.

His misjudging of the team Shanahan left behind is just another example of Poops and his total lack of competence. Amusing, and yet sad in a way

Taco John
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Let me just state now that if the new coach comes in, trades Tebow, turns Brandon Lloyd into a third stringer, and trades away a first round pick to draft a second round cornerback who should have been lucky to be drafted in the third round, I'm going to grab my torch and pitchfork and not care anything about a honeymoon.

Of course, this can't happen anymore with the current front office structure, so I'm not sure why this is even a question. I expect this next year to be one of the most peaceful and agreeable years in Orange Mane history. Not that everyone will all get along, but there's not going to be the every two week forehead slapper wondering what the heck is going on with Little Ceasar's circus, with half the fans defending the circus, and half the fans booing it.

baja
01-12-2011, 09:27 PM
let me just state now that if the new coach comes in, trades tebow, turns brandon lloyd into a third stringer, and trades away a first round pick to draft a second round cornerback who should have been lucky to be drafted in the third round, i'm going to grab my torch and pitchfork and not care anything about a honeymoon.

Of course, this can't happen anymore with the current front office structure, so i'm not sure why this is even a question.<b> i expect this next year to be one of the most peaceful and agreeable years in orange mane history. </b> not that everyone will all get along, but there's not going to be the every two week forehead slapper wondering what the heck is going on with little ceasar's circus, with half the fans defending the circus, and half the fans booing it.
lol

colonelbeef
01-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Let me just state now that if the new coach comes in, trades Tebow, turns Brandon Lloyd into a third stringer, and trades away a first round pick to draft a second round cornerback who should have been lucky to be drafted in the third round, I'm going to grab my torch and pitchfork and not care anything about a honeymoon.

Of course, this can't happen anymore with the current front office structure, so I'm not sure why this is even a question. I expect this next year to be one of the most peaceful and agreeable years in Orange Mane history.

so basically he just needs to not be the colossal ****up that McDaniels was.

I agree to a point, but really, the franchise needs a strong, competent leader in the driver's seat again. John Fox and the rest of the garbage being floated around just isn't good enough.

Steve Sewell
01-12-2011, 09:40 PM
One way or the other, I'm going to make this hiring personal and attack people who disagree with me by calling them retards and insulting their families. All over a guy I don't know!

Taco John
01-12-2011, 09:47 PM
One way or the other, I'm going to make this hiring personal and attack people who disagree with me by calling them retards and insulting their families. All over a guy I don't know!

Do me a solid and complain to me a lot when people return the favor.

Steve Sewell
01-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Do me a solid and complain to me a lot when people return the favor.

I'll take it a step further and simply demand forum bans!

montrose
01-12-2011, 10:11 PM
All I have to say is **** the new Head Coach.

Hamrob
01-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I will certainly support our coach...whoever it is. But, if they were to come in and trade Clady or start Quinn over Tebow...or something assinine such as that. Then, I'll state how I feel about it...one way or the other.

I really do trust the Elway won't allow that crap to happen "AGAIN". So, I'm good!

Bring on Denison, Fox, Fewell...or whoever!

baja
01-12-2011, 10:45 PM
I will certainly support our coach...whoever it is. But, if they were to come in and trade Clady or start Quinn over Tebow...or something assinine such as that. Then, I'll state how I feel about it...one way or the other.

I really do trust the Elway won't allow that crap to happen "AGAIN". So, I'm good!

Bring on Denison, Fox, Fewell...or whoever!

Ya that's the way I feel now - gonna trust in Elway until he proves I shouldn't.

cutthemdown
01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm all for trading Brandon Lloyd if some team was dumb enough to give a high pick for him. I doubt that guy really goes off like that every yr from now on but you never know.

I was impressed with how did well with both qbs, and both coaches. That is impressive.

But he is so cheap Broncos will be keeping him. That is a bargain.

If anything it's Royal that they put on the block. I think getting a good recieving TE option going better then having 5 deep at WR.

cutthemdown
01-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Ya that's the way I feel now - gonna trust in Elway until he proves I shouldn't.

At least we know Elway has more to lose by failing then pretty much any other person Bowlen could hire. Elway can't really afford to mess with his ledgend in Denver. If anything this is a balsy move by John Elway.

If he turned Broncos around into a winner, a superbowl winner, that would make him very special as far as NFL history goes. He would have saved a franchise twice.

In John we trust. I'm trying to get on board with this. Couple smart moves out of the gate, maybe a little luck, who knows.

HAT
01-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm all for trading Brandon Lloyd if some team was dumb enough to give a high pick for him. I doubt that guy really goes off like that every yr from now on but you never know.

I was impressed with how did well with both qbs, and both coaches. That is impressive.

If anything it's Royal that they put on the block. I think getting a good recieving TE option going better then having 5 deep at WR.

I agree with you but think TE can be addressed in FA. I wouldn't pursue trading any of the WR's but if someone comes asking...so be it.

Lloyd, DT, Royal, Gaff, Deck, Willis. Nice problem to have.

cabronco
01-12-2011, 11:08 PM

I wouldnt trade Lloyd, he's been solid most of the time with some acrobatic catches too. I agree we need a good receiving TE. Seems like we've always had a decent one til Joshua appeared. I dont need to see any more passes thrown to Graham, I cant afford anymore face palms.

ol#7
01-13-2011, 03:12 AM
I really fail to see why people like the OP think its the fan base that is the coach killer. Right after he got the job McD came in and took a giant crap at the dinner table. Are we not supposed to talk about that and continue eating our broccoli florentine?

Let me be the first to use the moniker: Rick Dennis "the Menace" Son. Works if he is Good or Bad!

The MVPlaya
01-13-2011, 04:22 AM
don't worry. John Elway can just type a quick twitter message and these idiots will be fine even he chose George Bush as the next HC.

The MVPlaya
01-13-2011, 04:27 AM
I really fail to see why people like the OP think its the fan base that is the coach killer. Right after he got the job McD came in and took a giant crap at the dinner table. Are we not supposed to talk about that and continue eating our broccoli florentine?

Let me be the first to use the moniker: Rick Dennis "the Menace" Son. Works if he is Good or Bad!

Well considering that even after we went 6-0, the fans were still waiting for the coach to screw up instead of having hope or any sort of support.

Let's not forget the Steelers owning our home field on Monday Night after losing to the Ravens to go 6-1.

Let's not forget that we have fans that literally blamed McDaniels for the injuries that happened in TC. Considering that our TC last year was more physical than this year, and we came out of last year's TC almost injury free and this year we came out on crutches. And you know, as the season moved on it was pretty apparent our conditioning staff was incompetent.

He came in and traded Jay Cutler and that's all it really took. But then as he went to a team who has a bigger media prescense, it was apparent Jay Cutler did have some major character issues. He dissed the city of Denver, but some fans just closed one eye shut.

These fans are the DNA closely related to women during their menstrual cycle. Get mad jump to conclusions just as something doesn't happen to their vision.

And then we have your dumbass, another typical Broncos fans who would like Dennison with absolutely no reason other than he's been with the Broncos in the past.

Boomhauer
01-13-2011, 04:32 AM
Next time I have to drop a hefty duece, I'll proclaim it's time to be a MVPlaya.

Blueflame
01-13-2011, 05:51 AM
And doesn't pick up every NE reject....I will be ok with it

Fixed your post :P

Blueflame
01-13-2011, 05:56 AM
Gaffney was a good one

Gaffney was and is a mediocre NFL WR. Lloyd... was a good signing.

ColoradoDarin
01-13-2011, 06:01 AM
I agree with you but think TE can be addressed in FA. I wouldn't pursue trading any of the WR's but if someone comes asking...so be it.

Lloyd, DT, Royal, Gaff, Deck, Willis. Nice problem to have.

Zach Miller will hopefully be the odd man out with the raiders as they have so many people to sign - one of many is my guess, I don't think they will retain f/a the way Davis pulled the rug from Cable when he finally got the team headed in the right direction.

Hogan11
01-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Well considering that even after we went 6-0, the fans were still waiting for the coach to screw up instead of having hope or any sort of support.

Let's not forget the Steelers owning our home field on Monday Night after losing to the Ravens to go 6-1.

Let's not forget that we have fans that literally blamed McDaniels for the injuries that happened in TC. Considering that our TC last year was more physical than this year, and we came out of last year's TC almost injury free and this year we came out on crutches. And you know, as the season moved on it was pretty apparent our conditioning staff was incompetent.

He came in and traded Jay Cutler and that's all it really took. But then as he went to a team who has a bigger media prescense, it was apparent Jay Cutler did have some major character issues. He dissed the city of Denver, but some fans just closed one eye shut.

These fans are the DNA closely related to women during their menstrual cycle. Get mad jump to conclusions just as something doesn't happen to their vision.

And then we have your dumbass, another typical Broncos fans who would like Dennison with absolutely no reason other than he's been with the Broncos in the past.

I tried...but I cannot see anything in this post that isn't 100% true.

ol#7
01-13-2011, 07:35 AM

Now I see why people dont like you. I never, ever said I wanted Dennison, (I prefer Fox or Brian Bilek but he hasnt been mentioned by the braintrust), but I think Dennison will get hired.

That 6-0 start had Fluke written all over it. You really have to wonder why fans werent shocked that they fell on their choches going down the homestretch? Who was buying the Broncos as a contender at 6-0? Why does this always come back to the fans (who proved to be much more intelligent and had more foresight than the braintrust at dove valley). But I forget, you have this vendetta about Denver and the fans and a reading comprehension problem to boot!

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Now I see why people dont like you. I never, ever said I wanted Dennison, (I prefer Fox or Brian Bilek but he hasnt been mentioned by the braintrust), but I think Dennison will get hired.

That 6-0 start had Fluke written all over it. You really have to wonder why fans werent shocked that they fell on their choches going down the homestretch? Who was buying the Broncos as a contender at 6-0? Why does this always come back to the fans (who proved to be much more intelligent and had more foresight than the braintrust at dove valley). But I forget, you have this vendetta about Denver and the fans and a reading comprehension problem to boot!

everybody. they beat 2 or 3 playoff teams in that first 6 games and allowed a grand total of 10 pts in all 6 4th quarters, combined.

fell apart soon after.

Kaylore
01-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Shanahan's "mess" could have easily been addressed in one year by adding a defense using the record amount of draft picks and cap space that we had that offseason.
Do you really believe this? Seriously? With Slowick, bad drafting history, and the law of averages, you really believe Shanahan was going to "fix it all in one offseason lolz!!!" with all evidence to the contrary? Even if you believe he could draft and hit on all those picks, and even if you believe by some miracle that Slowick learned to coach, which already puts us in the realm of fantasy, and even if you think Shanahan was magically going to reverse a disturbing trend of paying a lot of money to free agents who did next to nothing, do you honestly believe those picks and free agents would have developed and grown together all by opening day into an even respectable defense? Really?

Worst take you've ever had. I give you a pass, because I know it's really just out of respect for our greatest coach, though.
Josh had the opportunity to turn this team around quickly and instead steered the franchise into the ground.
Well, at least this much is true, though for my two cents, we aren't that much worse than we were two years ago.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Well, at least this much is true, though for my two cents, we aren't that much worse than we were two years ago.

truest thing that you can say about mcdaniels. he didnt win, but didnt make the team worse, either. individual talent level is on par or possibly even better than it was, though still awful in secondary and DL, atleast now we have some LB.

ol#7
01-13-2011, 07:55 AM
everybody. they beat 2 or 3 playoff teams in that first 6 games and allowed a grand total of 10 pts in all 6 4th quarters, combined.

fell apart soon after.

It really wasnt an impressive start. Fluke Cincy win, Fluke Wade Phillips led win, teams get on a bit of a roll when they get a couple of breaks. Just saying it's not really accurate to blame a fanbase for not buying in at that point. On top of that, the architect of that hot Defense to start the year was run out of town...I know more fodder for the fans. Just saying, Josh made it very hard for anyone to like him and he started it pretty much from the time he took the job. I fail to see how any of that is the fans fault when he made sooooo many head scratching moves.

Nobody, even after 6-0 was expecting a major post season run for the Broncos. Not buying that. I do remember a number of pundints saying that maybe they were wrong about Josh McDanies, but that was about it. They then promptly fell apart, as soon as teams had some video to game plan against.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 07:57 AM
It really wasnt an impressive start. Fluke Cincy win, Fluke Wade Phillips led win, teams get on a bit of a roll when they get a couple of breaks. Just saying it's not really accurate to blame a fanbase for not buying in at that point. On top of that, the architect of that hot Defense to start the year was run out of town...I know more fodder for the fans. Just saying, Josh made it very hard for anyone to like him and he started it pretty much from the time he took the job. I fail to see how any of that is the fans fault when he made sooooo many head scratching moves.

Nobody, even after 6-0 was expecting a major post season run for the Broncos. Not buying that. I do remember a number of pundints saying that maybe they were wrong about Josh McDanies, but that was about it. They then promptly fell apart, as soon as teams had some video to game plan against.

fluke wade phillips win? how about incredible champ bailey win?

the architect for the hot defense failed the final 10 games as well. no one will know for a long time what or how mcdaniels had to do with the defense before or after, either positive or negative.

ol#7
01-13-2011, 08:02 AM
fluke wade phillips win? how about incredible champ bailey win?

the architect for the hot defense failed the final 10 games as well. no one will know for a long time what or how mcdaniels had to do with the defense before or after, either positive or negative.

True, but that defense looks like the steel curtain compared to what we saw on display this year. They were in pretty much every game even during the 2-8 stretch. Cant say the same about what we saw this year.

Think you could give Brandon Marshall a co win for that game. Was still one of the worst coached games I have ever seen anyone turn in. No excuse for Dallas to have found a way to lose that game.

Why are we even talking about this anyway?

My entire point is that the fans only failed to buy in because of the Drama that McD brought with him from the get go. Come in with that approach and you better be right more than your wrong. He wasnt. Fail to see how that translates into a new coach (fingers crossed its Fox), not getting the fan support out of the gate.

McD was a special situation that lets hope we never experience again.

BroncosMT
01-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Fixed your post :P

Thanks Blue.....you stated what I was thinking....:thumbs:

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 08:06 AM
True, but that defense looks like the steel curtain compared to what we saw on display this year. They were in pretty much every game even during the 2-8 stretch. Cant say the same about what we saw this year.

Think you could give Brandon Marshall a co win for that game. Was still one of the worst coached games I have ever seen anyone turn in. No excuse for Dallas to have found a way to lose that game.

Why are we even talking about this anyway?

My entire point is that the fans only failed to buy in because of the Drama that McD brought with him from the get go. Come in with that approach and you better be right more than your wrong. He wasnt. Fail to see how that translates into a new coach (fingers crossed its Fox), not getting the fan support out of the gate.

McD was a special situation that lets hope we never experience again.

you havent been on OM very long. atleast 30% of this forum will hate the new coach and promise a long and dark time for the broncos while that person is the HC

ol#7
01-13-2011, 08:13 AM
you havent been on OM very long. atleast 30% of this forum will hate the new coach and promise a long and dark time for the broncos while that person is the HC

I read here all year. I am aware of the OM drama. Same as the ESPN drama (couldnt be happier AmericanBroncoFan found his way over here...NOT).

I just dont think the Josh McDaniels experience translates as any kind of barometer as to what kind of support a new coach will get. Especially one that is even halfway competent.

Wade Phillips wasnt despised. Granted that was before Al Gore had perfected the interwebz so perhaps we shall have to wait and see.

bendog
01-13-2011, 08:16 AM
I tried...but I cannot see anything in this post that isn't 100% true.

except mvp wouldn't know a football if it hit him in his ass. other than that it was a great post.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 08:30 AM
except mvp wouldn't know a football if it hit him in his ass. other than that it was a great post.

this post literally does not even make sense.

Garcia Bronco
01-13-2011, 08:32 AM
i will hate on him or her as soon as they are hired.

bendog
01-13-2011, 08:36 AM
this post literally does not even make sense.

neither did yours, that was the pt. lolHilarious!

bowtown
01-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Gaffney was and in my mind still is a PATs WR. Lloyd... was a good signing.

That's what you really meant, isn't it?

bendog
01-13-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm still trying to put my finger on the funniest, most misinformed aspect of this thread. Maybe its that in the 27 years from R66v6s to Shanahan, Den had 3 coaches. KC had 5 even with the stability Marty and Vermeil brought, SD had 8 and Oak had at least 9

coach killer fan base. hilarious

zdoor
01-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Zach Miller will hopefully be the odd man out with the raiders as they have so many people to sign - one of many is my guess, I don't think they will retain f/a the way Davis pulled the rug from Cable when he finally got the team headed in the right direction.

I would love to Miller as a Bronco...

zdoor
01-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm still trying to put my finger on the funniest, most misinformed aspect of this thread. Maybe its that in the 27 years from R66v6s to Shanahan, Den had 3 coaches. KC had 5 even with the stability Marty and Vermeil brought, SD had 8 and Oak had at least 9

coach killer fan base. hilarious

He's likely a teen who hasn't had his balls drop yet...

Abqbronco
01-13-2011, 10:46 AM
i know its a ton to ask, but regardless of who the broncos hire as HC, can we at least have SOME capital letters where sentences and proper nouns start to make sense out of a sentence and show a cognizant thought? doom and gloom can wait until the next sentence....

BlaK-Argentina
01-13-2011, 11:05 AM
That's what you really meant, isn't it?

Hilarious!

Gaffney is not mediocre. He might not be the most talented guy in the world but he's a good WR. Definitely a guy worth having around.

bendog
01-13-2011, 11:07 AM
i know its a ton to ask, but regardless of who the broncos hire as HC, can we at least have SOME capital letters where sentences and proper nouns start to make sense out of a sentence and show a cognizant thought? doom and gloom can wait until the next sentence....

irony much?

mr007
01-13-2011, 11:31 AM

winning fixes all of that.

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Hilarious!

Gaffney is not mediocre. He might not be the most talented guy in the world but he's a good WR. Definitely a guy worth having around.

0 thousand yard seasons (averages 520) while spending the majority of his career as a starter.

That's the definition of mediocre.

tsiguy96
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
winning fixes all of that.

pretty sure jake plummer proves that winning doesnt fix **** on the OM

TheReverend
01-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Taco John
01-13-2011, 12:05 PM

Jake Plummer choked in the playoffs - and not just a little bit, either.

bendog
01-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Jake Plummer choked in the playoffs - and not just a little bit, either.

He may not have watched, and he certainly doesn't care.