PDA

View Full Version : Possible Coaching Staff

Hotwheelz
01-12-2011, 12:21 AM
What iff the following staff ended up in denver:

HC: Studes
OC: McCoy
DC: Wink

Now, I know that's not very exciting, but hear me out. The last thing we need is constant turnover. The players know Studes, they like him and, most importantly, they seem to respond to him. He also seems to know how to delegate.

Once McD left, our offense averaged 22 ppg. With McD? 21.3 ppg (if my calculations are correct) Probably not a statistically significant increase, but certainly not a dropoff.

Wink, well, we've had how many defensive coordinators have we had now? Yeah. Methinks we need to give this D some continuity. Plus maybe that appeal more to Champ.

Is it the sexiest staff? No. But I think it could work.

Killericon
01-12-2011, 12:23 AM
The last thing we need is constant turnover.

Is that actually true, though? That would be true if we were on the right track.

We need to give this D some continuity? No, we need a new D.

Boss Man
01-12-2011, 12:37 AM
turnover IS necessary, if the coaches are completely incompetent, and have no business holding the job titles they currently hold...it would set this franchise in either park, or reverse...while i BELIEVE, we are trying to accelerate forwards...however i could very well be wrong the way weve been operating lately

Hotwheelz
01-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Is that actually true, though? That would be true if we were on the right track.

We need to give this D some continuity? No, we need a new D.

We need better players, yes. But after our coaching carousel, is Defensive Coordinator really the problem?

serious hops
01-12-2011, 12:38 AM
I think we should hold out for Bob Slowick.

Doggcow
01-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Thank god you made a new thread on this subject.

listopencil
01-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Thank god you made a new thread on this subject.

Cut him some slack, he's still sporting the beetus avatar. He probably hasn't been on here in over a year. Hell, he might have just now found out McD was fired.

Hotwheelz
01-12-2011, 12:50 AM
cut him some slack, he's still sporting the beetus avatar. He probably hasn't been on here in over a year. Hell, he might have just now found out mcd was fired.

what? He was what? Why? We are doooooooooooomed.

Boomhauer
01-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Best Football Staff
VP Football: John Elway
GM: Rick Mueller + HC: Dirk Koetter
DC: Wink Martindale + OC: Koetter

OBF1
01-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Did you watch the 2010 Bronco's play football at all??? HC: Studes OC: McCoy DC: Wink. This is the things nightmares are made out of.

I am done hearing you out.

Hotwheelz
01-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Did you watch the 2010 Bronco's play football at all??? HC: Studes OC: McCoy DC: Wink. This is the things nightmares are made out of.

I am done hearing you out.

What part worries you the most here? I'm open to criticism.

serious hops
01-12-2011, 01:45 AM
What part worries you the most here?

You mean other than everything?

The MVPlaya
01-12-2011, 02:31 AM

Now, I know that's not very exciting, but hear me out. The last thing we need is constant turnover. The players know Studes, they like him and, most importantly, they seem to respond to him. He also seems to know how to delegate.

Once McD left, our offense averaged 22 ppg. With McD? 21.3 ppg (if my calculations are correct) Probably not a statistically significant increase, but certainly not a dropoff.

Wink, well, we've had how many defensive coordinators have we had now? Yeah. Methinks we need to give this D some continuity. Plus maybe that appeal more to Champ.

If that was our staff, Tebow would demand a trade... maybe not right away, but after we get ass raped by every team in the NFL.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2011, 02:35 AM

That is a great staff if you want the number one pick next year. We won 4 games with those guys this year with them getting coffee. I would hate to see what they could do if they had to coach.

OBF1
01-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Like I said... Did you watch this team play 16 games this season? They sucked. The _efense for the worst ever, Special teams...well they were not special and the offense was offensive. Not a single coach earned his money this season, Why have any of them back next?

Clean house and start over (Which is what any new head coach will do)

Thank you for playing along Mr. Studesville

Caveat Lector
01-12-2011, 02:53 AM

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3382/pukeguya.jpg (http://img543.imageshack.us/i/pukeguya.jpg/)

Broncojef
01-12-2011, 03:57 AM
Studesville in any equation shouldn't be a head coach. I'm all for continuity but that is the worst argument if someone doesn't have the skills to succeed. I realize he was thrown into a rough position last year but that is no reason to retain him as HC.