PDA

View Full Version : You can ELIMINATE one name from the Broncos coaching search: Who do you LEAST want to get the job?

montrose
01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Obviously trying to figure out which guy would cause the largest meltdown. Obviously we all know the day the HC is named there WILL be one, just trying to see which will be the greatest.

loborugger
01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeppers... gutless drunks, people getting sodomized with 15 inch aids infected objects. Its gonna be EPIC.

NFLBRONCO
01-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Dennison

broncogary
Studesville. This guy was only given the interim job because he was no threat to maintain the job.

TheReverend
Yeppers... gutless drunks, people getting sodomized with 15 inch aids infected objects. Its gonna be EPIC.

That was after the firing, not the hiring.

loborugger
01-11-2011, 07:49 PM
That was after the firing, not the hiring.

With the meltdown going on currently over the Broncos being a joke, too much tweeting, coaches canceling, etc, etc, do you expect the hiring to be much less of an OM fiasco?

OABB
01-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Fassel.

Tombstone RJ
01-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I voted studs simply because no one knew who he was before he became interim HC.

Taco John
01-11-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm more interested in who our offensive and defensive coordinators are going to be. I really don't care who is hired to manage the coaches. So long as the person is a competent communicator at this level, I'll be ok with it.

The little napoleon days are done and gone. Why are fans here still acting like they're about to hire another dictator? This is nothing but a cult of personality thing at this point. The front office is going to have their say at the coordinator positions too. They're not hiring one person to come in and build everything.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-11-2011, 08:25 PM
The fact that Koetter isn't running away with this is shocking. The guy barely kept his job last year and produced a middle of the road offense this year. How anyone thinks he's even qualified to be mentioned as a HC candidate, let alone get an actual interview is just baffling.

broncocalijohn
01-11-2011, 08:26 PM
I want a defensive name and mind. Of course we lost out on Rivera.

baja
01-11-2011, 08:28 PM
I vote welcome back Kotter.

Popps
01-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Fassel.

I'd even rather have him than Dennison. He's done SOMETHING in the league.

R8R H8R
01-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Studesville is the guy I would eliminate from that list. He just doesn't inspire any confidence in me at all; besides he went 1-3 to end the season. That may not be fair to him, given the talent level and circumstances, but I just didn't see anything out of him that leads me to believe he can inspire a team to play over their heads, which we will need in the next couple of years.

That being said, now that Riveria is spoken for(why weren't we aggressive with him?), I'm warming up to Fox and Koetter. Not that they are the 2nd coming of Lomardi or anything, but I think Fox would bring badly needed stability to this team, and Koetter would bring a smash-mouth offense along with him, and heck, if he can produce a competent offense w/ Garrard, he can certainly do it with Tebow.

baja
01-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Studesville is the guy I would eliminate from that list. He just doesn't inspire any confidence in me at all; besides he went 1-3 to end the season. That may not be fair to him, given the talent level and circumstances, but I just didn't see anything out of him that leads me to believe he can inspire a team to play over their heads, which we will need in the next couple of years.

That being said, now that Riveria is spoken for(why weren't we aggressive with him?), I'm warming up to Fox and Koetter. Not that they are the 2nd coming of Lomardi or anything, but I think Fox would bring badly needed stability to this team, and Koetter would bring a smash-mouth offense along with him, and heck, if he can produce a competent offense w/ Garrard, he can certainly do it with Tebow.

Hey he got us the #2 pick in the draft, that's gotta be worth something...

serious hops
01-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I tried, I really did! But once I got to Dennison, Studesville and Koetter, I just couldn't whittle it down any further.

Killericon
01-11-2011, 08:50 PM
I picked Rick Dennison because Studesville isn't an actual candidate.

peacepipe
01-11-2011, 08:57 PM
there should've been an all of the above key.

broncolife
01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
I wanted to pick Dennison but Studesville was in the poll.

The MVPlaya
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Anyone with prior history with the Broncos.

baja
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I wanted to pick Dennison but Studesville was in the poll.

Your 'location' info in your avatar sounds very racist unless I'm missing something.

Zoobie
01-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Honestly the only candidate on this list whom i'd even be happy with is Fewell. I'm hoping as the playoffs dwindle down we have more interviews with much more qualified individuals.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Dennison. DO NOT WANT.

broncolife
01-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Your 'location' info in your avatar sounds very racist unless I'm missing something.

I am a bean myself and we have alot of illegals here.

baja
01-11-2011, 09:32 PM

Actually it's all those white guys that are illegally in Mexico, why do you think you got all them town with Mexican names. ;D

OBF1
01-11-2011, 10:17 PM

The new racists of the 21st century... They hate themselfs !Booya!

Ratboy
01-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Dennison

Taco John
01-12-2011, 12:05 AM
The thing about Rick Dennison... If this poll would have been up years ago, and it had said: "Who do you least want to get the Offensive Line Coach job," Dennison would have been the top vote getter.

Of the choices, I suppose that I want Fox, but if we move in the direction of Dennison, I can live with that. At least it's not another year of Josh McDaniels.

broncolife
01-12-2011, 12:09 AM
The new racists of the 21st century... They hate themselfs !Booya!

I dont hate mexicans. I dislike illegal mexicans for taking up resources and breeding like rabbits.The ones I know are not bad people and I dont blame them for wanting to come here.

Boomhauer
01-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Studesville. This guy was only given the interim job because he was no threat to maintain the job.

This. With the way our RBs performed, he won't have a job there either.

ColoradoDarin
01-12-2011, 03:57 AM
Dennison

Elway 4 Life
01-12-2011, 04:41 AM
The fact that Koetter isn't running away with this is shocking. The guy barely kept his job last year and produced a middle of the road offense this year. How anyone thinks he's even qualified to be mentioned as a HC candidate, let alone get an actual interview is just baffling.

I couldnt have said it better myself.

gunns
01-12-2011, 04:47 AM
I'm more interested in who our offensive and defensive coordinators are going to be. I really don't care who is hired to manage the coaches. So long as the person is a competent communicator at this level, I'll be ok with it.

The little napoleon days are done and gone. Why are fans here still acting like they're about to hire another dictator? This is nothing but a cult of personality thing at this point. The front office is going to have their say at the coordinator positions too. They're not hiring one person to come in and build everything.

I'm more worried about hiring another Wade Phillips.

broncogary
01-12-2011, 05:07 AM

I think because he over-performed. Remember early in the 2009 season, they had practically no offensive linemen.

The MVPlaya
01-12-2011, 05:09 AM

What do you think the hiring of Elway was?

Kaylore
01-12-2011, 05:10 AM
I think because he over-performed. Remember early in the 2009 season, they had practically no offensive linemen.

They weren't even supposed to be good this year. This was a rebuilding year for them and then all of sudden they were leading the division. They have David Garrard at QB and play in the AFC South, so it's not like they have an easy road.

baja
01-12-2011, 05:14 AM
What do you think the hiring of Elway was?

It was Pat Bowlen reaching for a savior.

The MVPlaya
01-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Taco is in some mamby pamby land. What OC/DC do you think Broncos can possibly bring in? Seriously? Who is available, and based on what has happened already with the HC hires, do you really think Broncos could lure anyone legitimate?

You want If Elway, Xanders, then Dennison is going to lead this team, the club's value will dip under 1 billion by after their 1st season.

ColoradoDarin
01-12-2011, 05:38 AM
My biggest issue with Dennison is that he's not branched out from the Shanahan tree. He was here and in Houston under Kubes.

Ray Finkle
01-12-2011, 05:40 AM
all the above?

The MVPlaya
01-12-2011, 05:42 AM
My biggest issue with Dennison is that he's not branched out from the Shanahan tree. He was here and in Houston under Kubes.

Dennison was here with Shanahan... and Kubiak was directly from the Shanny tree therefore Dennison is from the Shanahan tree.

Please look up coaching trees.

baja
01-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Dennison was here with Shanahan... and Kubiak was directly from the Shanny tree therefore Dennison is from the Shanahan tree.

Please look up coaching trees.

Please reread his post

The MVPlaya
01-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Please reread his post

I just did... what am I missing? Does he mean "branched" out as in, had different experiences with other coaching styles?

EDIT
I'll assume this is what he actually meant... I usually read posts on here, think of the dumbest possible reasoning/meaning behind the post and that's what usually is the core around here.

ColoradoDarin
01-12-2011, 05:59 AM
I just did... what am I missing? Does he mean "branched" out as in, had different experiences with other coaching styles?

Yes. That would be the obvious reading of it.

The MVPlaya
01-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Yes. That would be the obvious reading of it.

Was probably thinking too hard... or not hard enough. Ha!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2011, 06:33 AM
The thing about Rick Dennison... If this poll would have been up years ago, and it had said: "Who do you least want to get the Offensive Line Coach job," Dennison would have been the top vote getter.

Of the choices, I suppose that I want Fox, but if we move in the direction of Dennison, I can live with that. At least it's not another year of Josh McDaniels.

Yeah, I mean, McDaniels had at least called plays for a successful offense before. Hate to have that.

BroncoBen
01-12-2011, 06:56 AM
With the meltdown going on currently over the Broncos being a joke, too much tweeting, coaches canceling, etc, etc, do you expect the hiring to be much less of an OM fiasco?

??? what meltdown ??? I think people especilly those in the media don't like the tweeting, because there is no story to be told, everything is out front. Coaches cancel or back out for their own personal reasons, they don't want to coach the Broncos.. good.. have a nice life.

The success is going to be with the coacing staff this new coach brings in. Not so much with the head coach himself.

ColoradoBuff
01-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Dirk Koetter.....no way in hell do i want him as HC of the Broncos!

TonyR
01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
What OC/DC do you think Broncos can possibly bring in? Seriously? Who is available, and based on what has happened already with the HC hires, do you really think Broncos could lure anyone legitimate?

This is actually a very good point. I think Drek had some comments on this as well. Dennison has no breadth or depth of ties or networks that will give him any advanatages in building a strong staff. And I don't know how widely respected he is around the league like someone like Fox would be.

Taco John
01-12-2011, 09:02 AM
This is actually a very good point. I think Drek had some comments on this as well. Dennison has no breadth or depth of ties or networks that will give him any advanatages in building a strong staff. And I don't know how widely respected he is around the league like someone like Fox would be.

The reason coaching candidates are turning down the job is because they aren't going to have autonomy over their staff hirings. The hiring is going to be done by the front office. The coach will have a say, of course - they'll be part of the committee, but they're not going to have all the power.

TonyR
01-12-2011, 09:15 AM
The reason coaching candidates are turning down the job is because they aren't going to have autonomy over their staff hirings. The hiring is going to be done by the front office. The coach will have a say, of course - they'll be part of the committee, but they're not going to have all the power.

If true, which I don't doubt, I can't decide whether or not this is a good thing. I'd lean towards this not being ideal. You can make an argument that a coach should be able to build his own staff, get guys he's comfortable with, can trust, and can work well with. I think at the very least the head coach needs to be heavily involved in the process. You can't force a staff on a head coach and expect it to work.

Kaylore
01-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I assume the coach will have a lot of say in the coordinators he brings and even in the personnel to some degree. I think the draft will afford him a seat in the room but he will not be calling in the selection.

baja
01-12-2011, 09:20 AM

Every position coach could also look at our situation as a great opportunity for personal recognition because they would not be in the shadow of a big name coach and their work will reflect on them more so than a situation where there was a micro managing HC in place.

Hiring a HC that is a manager might have the effect of attracting good position coaches that want to move up the ladder.

baja
01-12-2011, 09:23 AM
If true, which I don't doubt, I can't decide whether or not this is a good thing. I'd lean towards this not being ideal. You can make an argument that a coach should be able to build his own staff, get guys he's comfortable with, can trust, and can work well with. I think at the very least the head coach needs to be heavily involved in the process. You can't force a staff on a head coach and expect it to work.

I think this is what Elway means when says a consensus of opinion will be the model in Dove Valley

LRtagger
01-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Kooter openly has a hardon for Tebow. It's the only explaination for him having any sort of support from anyone in our fanbase.

~Crash~
01-12-2011, 11:44 AM

This, and I like it