PDA

View Full Version : Something to Ponder About this Draft

Rohirrim
01-11-2011, 12:09 PM
At least it occured to me. The players drafted this year will be under the new CBA cap. How many of them are going to look back at last year's salaries and get very nasty about signing contracts and holding out? I can't imagine the agents will be too happy either. Their cut is dropping big time. Will Fairley look at Suh's contract and balk? Should teams take into account a little more intensively the personality of the players they go after, and who their agents are? Might be some problems there. I mean far more than there normally are.

oubronco
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
I've wondered about the players balking and holding out as well this has the making of getting ugly but who knows

OBF1
01-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Rookies will have zero leverage to do anything. The vet's are all for a rookie cap with the monies going towards the vets and retirement.

underrated29
01-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Rookies will have zero leverage to do anything. The vet's are all for a rookie cap with the monies going towards the vets and retirement.

thats how i see it too.

It will be a slotted thing.

1st pick gets 7 mil guaranteed
2nd gets 5 mil
3-10 gets 4 mil
11-29 gets 3 mil guaranteed

whatever...

I do not know the numbers obviously, but I would imagine something similiar to this. Kinda like hockey.

Mediator12
01-11-2011, 02:43 PM
The new Rookie Wage scale will not have negotiated contracts, it will be slotted like the NBA so agents can not influence the signing portion. Agents for that first contract will have to rely on sponsorship money to lure recruits, not their team negotiating skills.

That is one of the stipulations the owners will not concede either. Their FO people are adamant that has to end.

Doggcow
01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
You really think Tim Tebow would let someone hold out?