PDA

View Full Version : Any Word?

ghostofjosh
01-11-2011, 05:07 AM
On how the Fox interview went?

Kaylore
01-11-2011, 05:25 AM
It was bumped to Wednesday due to weather.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96338

bowtown
01-11-2011, 06:09 AM
He pulled out. "Rescheduled" for Wednesday, which is basically just a nice way of giving us the cold shoulder. What a nightmare.

Man-Goblin
01-11-2011, 06:37 AM
He pulled out. "Rescheduled" for Wednesday, which is basically just a nice way of giving us the cold shoulder. What a nightmare.

Believe me. It was real.

There was about 6 inches of snow here two nights ago, and rain on top of it last night which is now a frozen sheet of ice. That's enough to shut down this city for almost a week, and it's also why I have been working in an empty office building these last two days.

I will say this, I grew up in Colorado and I've never seen anything like the ice my truck and I skated in to work on today. They just don't have the infrastructure to handle it here.

If this stuff doesn't melt today, don't be surprised if he has to reschedule again tomorrow.

ColoradoDarin
01-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Believe me. It was real.

There was about 6 inches of snow here two nights ago, and rain on top of it last night which is now a frozen sheet of ice. That's enough to shut down this city for almost a week, and it's also why I have been working in an empty office building these last two days.

I will say this, I grew up in Colorado and I've never seen anything like the ice my truck and I skated in to work on today. They just don't have the infrastructure to handle it here.

If this stuff doesn't melt today, don't be surprised if he has to reschedule again tomorrow.

When I lived in Raleigh, we had a storm that came through that dropped 2 inches of ice (2003 I think). Shut down the city for a week. 500k without power for that long or longer. I lucked out when I bought my house there, ended up on a block that didn't lose power at all - my neighbors said that this was the only block not to lose power during some hurricanes that had come through. Better than my mother-in-law's house out in the country who lost power for 2 weeks. You're right that the south is just not equipped to handle anything snow/ice.

Kaylore
01-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Believe me. It was real.

I think he was joking....I hope for his sake he was.

Agamemnon
01-11-2011, 07:11 AM

So many drama queens on these boards...

bowtown
01-11-2011, 07:24 AM

I hope for your sake that's blue cheese dressing on your chin. ;)

bowtown
01-11-2011, 07:29 AM
So many drama queens on these boards...

Hadn't noticed.

FISH
01-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Haven't you heard?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2WNrx2jq184?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2WNrx2jq184?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bendog
01-11-2011, 09:18 AM

If he really wanted the job he would have taken control of the plane himself and landed it in zero visibily with icy wings. (-:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YzT2oTFVb-c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YzT2oTFVb-c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bowtown
01-11-2011, 09:52 AM
If he really wanted the job he would have taken control of the plane himself and landed it in zero visibily with icy wings. (-:

THANK YOU! And it's not all his fault either. If Elway wasn't so busy twittering, maybe he could actually show a little bit of interest in a candidate for once by flying Pat's jet or helicopter over there and picking the poor guy up.

bendog
01-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Absolutely, if Elway really cared, he'd have flown out in a blizzard to get the guy. Absolutely.

bowtown
01-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Absolutely, if Elway really cared, he'd have flown out in a blizzard to get the guy. Absolutely.

Disaster.

bendog
01-11-2011, 09:58 AM
they need "Josh." (tears)

mikey555
01-11-2011, 10:27 AM
they need "Josh." (tears)

Hahahahaha!!Hilarious!