PDA

View Full Version : Nate Solder?

footstepsfrom#27
01-10-2011, 10:48 PM
http://tommeltonscouting.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/nate-solder.jpg

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/2010/08/04/nate-solder-great-athlete-or-great-offensive-tackle/

We're suddenly minus a starting OT, one we thought would be a pro bowl fixture on this line. As vital as the defense is, it's even more vital we protect Tebow. Would Solder last till #36? Probably not...but I could see Elway making a move up a few spots if he's still there in the late 20's. Intriguing guy...sounds somehwhat like Clady, a tall rangy pass protector who can move like a TE in space at 310 pounds and he has room to grow and get bigger and stronger. If he could add a few pounds we'd have a nice pass protector on both sides of the line for Tebow...bookend tackles. That leaves Beadles to move inside to guard and line up next to Clady where he belongs.

SouthStndJunkie
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Although Nate Soldier is a cool name, his name is actually Nate Solder.

footstepsfrom#27
01-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Although Nate Soldier is a cool name, his name is actually Nate Solder.
DAMN...forget it then. ;D

Lev Vyvanse
01-10-2011, 11:13 PM
I think he's more of a LT.

footstepsfrom#27
01-10-2011, 11:15 PM
I think he's more of a LT.
He is...if you're QB is right handed. ;D

Lev Vyvanse
01-10-2011, 11:16 PM
He is...if you're QB is right handed. ;D

So... he plays Clady's spot?

footstepsfrom#27
01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
So... he plays Clady's spot?
Naw...he adds 20 pounds and plays the RT spot in a year when he's ready, because he needs to add weight and get stronger. I think it would be pretty cool to have two exceptional pass protectors at the OT spots though.

Clady
Beadles
Walton
Kuper
Solder

If you think Walton and Beadles are going to improve dramatically with experience, that's a nice NFL line.

Lev Vyvanse
01-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Naw...he adds 20 pounds and plays the RT spot in a year when he's ready, because he needs to add weight and get stronger. I think it would be pretty cool to have two exceptional pass protectors at the OT spots though.

Clady
Beadles
Walton
Kuper
Solder

If you think Walton and Beadles are going to improve dramatically with experience, that's a nice NFL line.

You want to spend a first round pick on a guy that needs a year, so that he can play out of position?

robbieopperude
01-11-2011, 05:10 AM
The guy is completely ripped. He is a workout warrior. I can't see him gaining 20 lbs of muscle mass in the next year. He could add 20 lbs. of body fat however. That wouldn't make much sense. He is going to be drafted in the middle of the first round to the middle of the second round depending on his workouts.

Side note: I will pull my hair out if we don't draft defense with at least 2 of our 3 early picks.

Mediator12
01-11-2011, 05:48 AM
If Solder makes it past INDY's pick at 23 I would be Stunned. Indy needs a Franchise pass protector and Solder is their type of OL. Lots of bigger LT's, but Solder is the Elite Pass protector with upside in this draft at LT.

TonyR
01-11-2011, 06:03 AM
We're suddenly minus a starting OT...

Why are people stating this so dramatically and definitively? I realize Ryan Harris is a FA and may not return but he isn't gone yet.

UberBroncoMan
01-11-2011, 06:10 AM
This dude is a FREAK of nature. He'd own in the zone-blocking too if we went back to that. 4.8 speed for a tackle is nasty, though it would go up just a bit since he'd put on some more weight.

robbieopperude
01-11-2011, 07:21 AM
I really doubt Solder runs a 4.8 if Tebow ran a 4.77

Agamemnon
01-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Let's wait until Harris is definitely gone before declaring it to be so...