PDA

View Full Version : Safe to assume Zane Beadles is our new starting right tackle?

bronco0608
01-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Fact of the matter is, he did shut down Robert Mathis, started numerous games at the position, was a left tackle in college, was drafted in the 2nd round, and we decided not to re-sign Ryan Harris.

He was solid at the position this year. Also guessing we will move Eric Olsen into the left guard spot.

Whatya think?

elsid13
01-10-2011, 05:14 PM
At this point without a coaching staff, I wouldn't presume anything.

eddie mac
01-10-2011, 05:16 PM

Exactly.

Let's hope whoever comes in will be putting these underachievers through their paces this offseason and then determining who takes this team forward for 60 mins every Sunday.

Popps
01-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Our line played much better when he moved over. I'd look for us to find a new RT, personally. Someone mentioned switching Clady. Not sure about that, but I couldn't rule that out either.

Bronco Boy
01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I'd say this thread's about 7 months premature.

Inkana7
01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
No. He was a much better Guard.

elsid13
01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Our line played much better when he moved over. I'd look for us to find a new RT, personally. Someone mentioned switching Clady. Not sure about that, but I couldn't rule that out either.

Clady ain't moving. He is a LT in the NFL were all the best pass rusher line up.

Archer81
01-10-2011, 05:25 PM
I assume nothing. Especially without a. an offensive coordinator, b. headcoach, c. draft, d. free agency, e. minicamps, f. training camp, g. preseason.

:Broncos:

wolf754life
01-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Fact of the matter is, he did shut down Robert Mathis, started numerous games at the position, was a left tackle in college, was drafted in the 2nd round, and we decided not to re-sign Ryan Harris.

He was solid at the position this year. Also guessing we will move Eric Olsen into the left guard spot.

Whatya think?

wtf? Olsen hasn't proven anything............beadles is a plus at guard, average at tackle...:egbgb:

Taco John
01-10-2011, 05:39 PM
I kind of think Clady might end up on the trading block.

Inkana7
01-10-2011, 05:50 PM

Huh?

UberBroncoMan
01-10-2011, 05:52 PM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/6/a2472a58-2442-40de-a974-4a0ab995e26d.jpg

enjolras
01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Several radio guys have hinted at the same Taco.

montrose
01-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Depends on the coach. If it's Dennison - not so sure Zane is athletic enough. If the coach wants to run a power scheume - not sure he's good enough.

yerner
01-10-2011, 05:59 PM

I'd take 2 first rounders and a 2nd for Clady.

Popps
01-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Clady ain't moving. He is a LT in the NFL were all the best pass rusher line up.

Probably right... but we need to protect Tebow's blind side. Wonder if there are any good RTs out there in FA this year....

Taco John
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/6/a2472a58-2442-40de-a974-4a0ab995e26d.jpg

Clady represents a lot of value for us in a position that we don't need that much investment in anymore. We don't necessarily need a first round investment protecting Tebow's front side. We could trade Clady for a pretty significant player, and replace him with a project, and ultimately not lose too much.

I'd personally be conflicted to see it happen. I really like Clady a great deal (he's my current adopt-a-Bronco). But I recognize that with Tebow under center, Clady's value to the team isn't as high as it was before. He's probably more valuable to us as trade bait.

Popps
01-10-2011, 06:05 PM

Which radio guys?

I've been listening to The Fan some lately on the internet. Good god are most of those guys awful. The guy Saturday was on saying that we should draft Cam Newton, and A. Williams was on today saying some stuff that was equally ridiculous.

yerner
01-10-2011, 06:07 PM
If they decide to trade Clady because of some left handed tight end that's trying to play quarterback, Elways should be fired. Tebow will never be the grade of player Clady already is. In fact, I bet Clady throws a tighter spiral.

KevinJames
01-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Beadles is a good RT better than he is a guard we just need to find ourselves a mauling LG

Fusionfrontman
01-10-2011, 06:11 PM
So get rid of another non-issue position to fix other positions? Makes no sense.

ØrangeÇrush
01-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Clady represents a lot of value for us in a position that we don't need that much investment in anymore. We don't necessarily need a first round investment protecting Tebow's front side. We could trade Clady for a pretty significant player, and replace him with a project, and ultimately not lose too much.

I'd personally be conflicted to see it happen. I really like Clady a great deal (he's my current adopt-a-Bronco). But I recognize that with Tebow under center, Clady's value to the team isn't as high as it was before. He's probably more valuable to us as trade bait.

Thats making a huge assumption that Tebow is going to be our quarterback beyond next year. Clady is a known commodity. If the front office decides that Tebow isn't going to be a starting NFL QB by the time next season ends than well be looking at drafting a QB in 2012. I would hate for the front office to trade a potential HOF LT because our unknown, raw, not-sure-he's-gonna-make-it QB happens to play left handed.

Taco John
01-10-2011, 06:14 PM
So get rid of another non-issue position to fix other positions? Makes no sense.

If you look at it merely from that perspective, it doesn't make sense. If you look at it from the perspective of a team with need all over the field that has an over-investment in a position of diminished importance to the team, then it makes a lot of sense.

I have the same gut feeling as anyone about trading away a quality guy like Clady. But like I say, we don't need a first rounder protecting Tebow's front side, and we have real needs all over the place. We could probably get by with a 5th rounder at LT right now, and use Clady to bring in a top round DE.

montrose
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM

IMO, Clady's value is not effected one bit by the fact Tebow's a lefty. In the NFL, your premium pass rushers come off the right side making it vital you have an upper-tier LT; regardless of if your QB is right or left handed. Now will the Broncos need an upgrade at RT? Yes, unless someone has invincibility potion they can give to Harris. But regardless of who is at QB, you HAVE to have a guy who can block the Freeney's of the world who all come off that side.

Dedhed
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM

How can you be allowed on the OM with such blasphemous talk. Presume or die!

Chris
01-10-2011, 06:17 PM

Can someone with the football know-how explain to me why switching an LT to the other side is so difficult?

Please don't tell me Clady can't turn right. That would suck.

Taco John
01-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Thats making a huge assumption that Tebow is going to be our quarterback beyond next year. Clady is a known commodity. If the front office decides that Tebow isn't going to be a starting NFL QB by the time next season ends than well be looking at drafting a QB in 2012. I would hate for the front office to trade a potential HOF LT because our unknown, raw, not-sure-he's-gonna-make-it QB happens to play left handed.

I've struggled with the same thoughts. I'm not trying to sell anyone on the idea. I'm just expressing a reality that crossed my mind, and to put it in your terms, we don't need a potential HOF LT protecting Tebow's front side. It's an over-investment.

Dedhed
01-10-2011, 06:18 PM
IMO, Clady's value is not effected one bit by the fact Tebow's a lefty. In the NFL, your premium pass rushers come off the right side making it vital you have an upper-tier LT; regardless of if your QB is right or left handed. Now will the Broncos need an upgrade at RT? Yes, unless someone has invincibility potion they can give to Harris. But regardless of who is at QB, you HAVE to have a guy who can block the Freeney's of the world who all come off that side.

I agree completely.

Likwid Kerruj
01-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Teams don't just flip flop their best pass rushers based on the QB.

Didn't we learn anything from McDaniels shipping out as much talent as humanly possible the last two years?

Apparently not.

Taco John
01-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Teams don't just flip flop their best pass rushers based on the QB.

Didn't we learn anything from McDaniels shipping out as much talent as humanly possible the last two years?

Apparently not.

Josh shipping out all of the talent is precisely why we're in the situation... But I digress.

Dedhed
01-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Josh shipping out all of the talent is precisely why we're in the situation... But I digress.

Yeah. Shanahan had nothing to do with it.

/sarcasm

elsid13
01-10-2011, 06:23 PM

Radio guys not smarter then drunk monkeys. Clady ain't going anywhere.

ØrangeÇrush
01-10-2011, 06:24 PM
I've struggled with the same thoughts. I'm not trying to sell anyone on the idea. I'm just expressing a reality that crossed my mind, and to put it in your terms, we don't need a potential HOF LT protecting Tebow's front side. It's an over-investment.

Then it would make the most sense to wait till next year before trading him. If we're successful with Tebow and want to downgrade the OLT position because we don't need that level of awesome, than he makes grade trade value at that point.

Drek
01-10-2011, 06:25 PM

Thats really your logic?

Good god. Sanda Bullock makes one ****ing movie and suddenly its all about blind sides.

Teams aren't going to shift their best pass rushers over just for Tim Tebow. Even if Tebow becomes an elite QB they're unlikely to do that. Doing so would be like me asking you to sign your name with your opposite hand.

For that matter, wouldn't we be just freakin' ecstatic for teams to do that? Give Clady some mediocre scrub he can pancake before getting out in the flat while Tebow rolls to the left, his ideal side for boot leg passing? What DC REALLY wants Tebow out in the flat with the option to run or pass and Clady walling off defenders to give Tebow ample time to decide which he's in the mood for?

Teams are quickly going to start treating Tebow like they treated Plummer and now treat Vick. Take away his preferential roll out and make him throw from the pocket. In Tebow's case that is roll outs to the left. Clady's side. If Clady can neutralize that attempt it will be a game changer for Tebow.

Likwid Kerruj
01-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Clady is a pretty damn good run blocker too.

He was slowed somewhat with his knee thing this year, but he'll bounce back.

It also didn't help Kyle Orton was always within a couple steps from where he took the snap.

Hamrob
01-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Thats really your logic?

Good god. Sanda Bullock makes one ****ing movie and suddenly its all about blind sides.

Teams aren't going to shift their best pass rushers over just for Tim Tebow. Even if Tebow becomes an elite QB they're unlikely to do that. Doing so would be like me asking you to sign your name with your opposite hand.

For that matter, wouldn't we be just freakin' ecstatic for teams to do that? Give Clady some mediocre scrub he can pancake before getting out in the flat while Tebow rolls to the left, his ideal side for boot leg passing? What DC REALLY wants Tebow out in the flat with the option to run or pass and Clady walling off defenders to give Tebow ample time to decide which he's in the mood for?

Teams are quickly going to start treating Tebow like they treated Plummer and now treat Vick. Take away his preferential roll out and make him throw from the pocket. In Tebow's case that is roll outs to the left. Clady's side. If Clady can neutralize that attempt it will be a game changer for Tebow.Great post. End of thread!!!

broncosteven
01-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Clady is a pretty damn good run blocker too.

He was slowed somewhat with his knee thing this year, but he'll bounce back.

It also didn't help Kyle Orton was always within a couple steps from where he took the snap.

We can't trade away a top 3 LT, throw in a scrub 5th round pick and expect Timmy to complete 16 games running for his life. Not to mention that our run game has been terrible we need better OL depth.

I would keep Clady off the table. I didn't hear about Harris not coming back, when he was healthy the dude was a stud, it is very hard to find RTs as good as a healthy Harris.

I dont think Tebow's legs should change the philosphy of OL talent. We should be fielding the best OL players we have and can find.

If Beadles is our new RT we still need a LG and a Center plus Depth for all those guys.

bronco0608
01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
So in theory, Jason Peters and his humongous contract should be traded this offseason by the Eagles because they have Vick?

Does. Not. Make. A. Lick. Of. Sense.

You don't hear this kind of talk out of PHilly, and Peters makes about 8 times more than Clady.

Likwid Kerruj
01-10-2011, 07:05 PM
So in theory, Jason Peters and his humongous contract should be traded this offseason by the Eagles because they have Vick?

Does. Not. Make. A. Lick. Of. Sense.

You don't hear this kind of talk out of PHilly, and Peters makes about 8 times more than Clady.

Peters isn't as good as Clady when he manages to not false start or hold.

Actually, you don't hear his name as much as you should because teams are too busy beating Justice like a rented mule on the other side.

bronco0608
01-10-2011, 07:07 PM

You can't really find one instance in NFL history of a team moving a franchise LT simply because they have a left handed QB.

When the Jags drafted Tony Boselli 1st overall and had Brunell at QB, they kept him at LT where he was franchise. They knew they had Brunell and still invested the 1st overall pick on a left tackle. And he stayed at LT for Brunell's entire career.

I've never even heard of a team moving a franchise LT over to RT because their QB was left handed.

Sorry bud, there is nothing to hang your hat on here.

footstepsfrom#27
01-10-2011, 07:08 PM
I've posed this question as well, but keep in mind that nearly every team has their best pass rusher on the RDE spot. Some will switch that up though. You never make a bad investment going with top performers in the O-line though.

footstepsfrom#27
01-10-2011, 07:11 PM
You can't really find one instance in NFL history of a team moving a franchise LT simply because they have a left handed QB.
I don't know if that's true or not, and I doubt you can demonstrate that it is. However, does it really matter? A lot of things were once never done before in the NFL...the forward pass for instance. It remains to be seen how the line performs with Beadles or someone else in there, but it does make me nervous to think of Tebow's blind side being left in the hands of someone other than Clady.

Taco John
01-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Thats really your logic?

Teams are quickly going to start treating Tebow like they treated Plummer and now treat Vick. Take away his preferential roll out and make him throw from the pocket. In Tebow's case that is roll outs to the left. Clady's side. If Clady can neutralize that attempt it will be a game changer for Tebow.

It's easy to criticize. But Elway and staff are going to brainstorm every idea that they can on how they can improve this team in as short a time as possible, and one of the ideas that will surely be on the table at some point will be to trade Clady. Whether a trade actually happens or not is anyone's guess, but I'm certain the subject will be broached. Clady represents a lot of value in a position that we don't need a first round investment in.

Drek
01-10-2011, 07:22 PM
It's easy to criticize. But Elway and staff are going to brainstorm every idea that they can on how they can improve this team in as short a time as possible, and one of the ideas that will surely be on the table at some point will be to trade Clady. Whether a trade actually happens or not is anyone's guess, but I'm certain the subject will be broached. Clady represents a lot of value in a position that we don't need a first round investment in.

And yet this same logical path applied to Cutler made McDaniels a pariah here from almost day one.

Also, its not easy to criticize, its easy to discredit. Because what I outlined is why when someone throws it out in a brain storming session it dies there and is never brought back up again.

Bad OL teams don't trade Pro-Bowl level LTs in an attempt to "get better".

Taco John
01-10-2011, 07:26 PM

When the Jags drafted Tony Boselli 1st overall and had Brunell at QB, they kept him at LT where he was franchise. They knew they had Brunell and still invested the 1st overall pick on a left tackle. And he stayed at LT for Brunell's entire career.

I've never even heard of a team moving a franchise LT over to RT because their QB was left handed.

Sorry bud, there is nothing to hang your hat on here.

I would be just fine if Clady stayed put. It's what I would prefer. But I think you guys are glossing over some of the facts to make emotional cases, and I don't think the front office are going to be nearly as attached to Clady as we are.

In the Jags, you're talking about a team in a much different situation that we are in right now. We have a lot more needs all over the field, and this front office is going to need to be very creative in order to address them all. There aren't that many players on this team with trade value, and Clady is one of the very few.

Taco John
01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
And yet this same logical path applied to Cutler made McDaniels a pariah here from almost day one.

Also, its not easy to criticize, its easy to discredit. Because what I outlined is why when someone throws it out in a brain storming session it dies there and is never brought back up again.

Bad OL teams don't trade Pro-Bowl level LTs in an attempt to "get better".

Have it your way, but don't be suprised when trade discussions come up and Clady's name is among the ones mentioned.

I'm not trying to make a case to move Clady. I just think that it's a real possibility.

GoBroncos84
01-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Really depends on scheme, but I think Beadles can be a very good LG in this league. He is better there than he is outside.

Tyson Clabo, Jammal Brown, and Jared Gaither are free agents. Several more serviceable to good options. I'd rather look there. Unless Denver plans on landing someone like Mankins, Nicks, or Joseph in free agency. Then moving Beadles might be the best option.

Drek
01-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Have it your way, but don't be suprised when trade discussions come up and Clady's name is among the ones mentioned.

I'm not trying to make a case to move Clady. I just think that it's a real possibility.

Will you freak out and call for Elway's head like so many did with McDaniels when he entertained offers with regards to Cutler?

I know I will. Because while Cutler is a middle of the road QB who has shown little to no growth year to year Clady was a pro-bowl level talent from basically day one and is only going to get better once fully recovered from his knee injury.

Taco John
01-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Will you freak out and call for Elway's head like so many did with McDaniels when he entertained offers with regards to Cutler?

I know I will. Because while Cutler is a middle of the road QB who has shown little to no growth year to year Clady was a pro-bowl level talent from basically day one and is only going to get better once fully recovered from his knee injury.

I'm looking forward to you freaking out an calling for Elway's head. Should be good for some lulz.

~Crash~
01-10-2011, 07:42 PM

If was in the same room with you I would high Five you !!!!!!!!!!!

bronco0608
01-10-2011, 07:47 PM
I would be just fine if Clady stayed put. It's what I would prefer. But I think you guys are glossing over some of the facts to make emotional cases, and I don't think the front office are going to be nearly as attached to Clady as we are.

In the Jags, you're talking about a team in a much different situation that we are in right now. We have a lot more needs all over the field, and this front office is going to need to be very creative in order to address them all. There aren't that many players on this team with trade value, and Clady is one of the very few.

So at this point, we have only one legitimate tackle on the roster in Clady, so we trade him and create a gaping whole at tackle in which we need to address in order to address other areas?

I could see if we were loaded at the position, but we are weak at it as it is.

Once again, trading Clady doesn't make sense at any level at this point. And teams usually don't throw in a 5th round rookie at left tackle to play in this league like you said earlier. You act as if blocking Mario Williams, Freeney, and Dummervil can be done by anybody since your QB is left handed.

And also, we continue the trend of trading away our best players. There is nothing emotional about it, this type of thing just never happens at that position and you know it.

~Crash~
01-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Probably right... but we need to protect Tebow's blind side. Wonder if there are any good RTs out there in FA this year....

Yes there is He plays RT for the Broncos ..^5

~Crash~
01-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Beadles is a good RT better than he is a guard we just need to find ourselves a mauling LG

what you say lets use a 1st on a Guard ...LOL

~Crash~
01-10-2011, 07:50 PM

Thank you! let's fix the problems! last I check it was the DL FS MLB

~Crash~
01-10-2011, 07:55 PM

LT take care of speed. RT take care of the strong stud RDE . You guys need to give Harris a Break. You know like him playing on to what is basically a broken ankle.

~Crash~
01-10-2011, 07:57 PM
until we have a Coach I really Doubt there is any talk of who you keep.

Hamrob
01-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Clady has about as good a chance to get traded as does Tebow!

Zilch!

Dedhed
01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
LT take care of speed. RT take care of the strong stud RDE . You guys need to give Harris a Break. You know like him playing on to what is basically a broken ankle.You can't depend on a guy who misses a large chunk of every season.

Dukes
01-10-2011, 08:46 PM
If they decide to trade Clady because of some left handed tight end that's trying to play quarterback, Elways should be fired. Tebow will never be the grade of player Clady already is. In fact, I bet Clady throws a tighter spiral.

You're easily the worst poster on the mane. And thats saying something.

BroncoInferno
01-10-2011, 08:48 PM

LOL The Jags were an expansion team yet to take the field when they acquired Brunell from Green Bay and spent the #2 pick in the 1995 draft on Boselli. Yeah, they didn't have any needs back then as a first year expansion team, did they?

The notion that we should trade Clady because Tebow is a lefty is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. There will not be any serious discussions about trading Clady. Even if that retarded idea entered Elway's brain, he would be smart enough to realize how McD marginalized himself with the fanbase by trading away young talent and how he and the organization both have a credibility gap to bridge that would not be helped by trading one of the top offensive tackles in the game. Elway would be a laughingstock and he knows it.

Ratboy
01-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Clady or Tebow?

Give me Clady.

Archer81
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Clady or Tebow?

Give me Clady.

How about we keep the talent we have and work to add more. That's what makes good teams.

sisterhellfyre
01-10-2011, 10:33 PM
I'd say this thread's about 7 months premature.

A premature e-speculation?

broncocalijohn
01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
I assume nothing. Especially without a. an offensive coordinator, b. headcoach, c. draft, d. free agency, e. minicamps, f. training camp, g. preseason.

h. a season for 2011

footstepsfrom#27
01-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Elway isn't dumb enough to trade Clady.

yerner
01-10-2011, 11:45 PM
You're easily the worst poster on the mane. And thats saying something.

Tears on your Tebow jersey?

chrisp
01-11-2011, 01:37 AM

Whatya think?

Hello? Harris gone? Unless I missed something, nobody's being signed to anything untill a new CBA gets worked out. As far as I'm aware everything but the draft, personnel-wise, is on hold untill that gets done, so to say any player who is technically a free-agent is gone because "we haven't re-signed him" is wildly premature

...unless i missed something? Has he signed for another team? This thread didn't start out about flipping Clady to the right, it stated out about harris going and beadles replacing him...

bronco0608
01-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Hello? Harris gone? Unless I missed something, nobody's being signed to anything untill a new CBA gets worked out. As far as I'm aware everything but the draft, personnel-wise, is on hold untill that gets done, so to say any player who is technically a free-agent is gone because "we haven't re-signed him" is wildly premature

...unless i missed something? Has he signed for another team? This thread didn't start out about flipping Clady to the right, it stated out about harris going and beadles replacing him...

Harris' contract is up, and he appears ready to move on. He is one of a group of players who have had their confidence chipped at over the last two years and seem ready for a new start somewhere else.

Wednesday, the Broncos sounded as though they wanted to move on as well, basically saying that Harris would be the only one of their starters in the offensive line whom they did not expect back for the 2011 season.

John Elway kept referring to Harris' departure as leaving a hole that would have to be addressed.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17028788#ixzz1AiakLmVb

Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway indicated Wednesday that the team is ready to move on from impending free agent RT Ryan Harris.
Harris would likely be expensive to keep, and LT Ryan Clady's contract is coming up soon. Harris is also somewhat injury prone. At 25 with plenty of experience and tools, however, he'd be intriguing on the open market.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4457&line=198221&spln=1

chrisp
01-11-2011, 06:13 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17028788#ixzz1AiakLmVb

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4457&line=198221&spln=1

OK thanks....that's me told... :-)

Although I would still say its not a done deal yet....could be negotiating positions on both sides. untill he signs for another team, or we finalise our roster and he's not on it, he could still return.

Plus we don't even know if there will be a season yet, let alone an FA period...