PDA

View Full Version : Fox interview rescheduled to Wednesday, team has requested permission to interview Williams

montrose
01-10-2011, 10:24 AM
johnelway John Elway
Due to the weather in North Carolina, our interview with John Fox has been rescheduled for Wednesday.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Saints said the Broncos have requested permission to interview DC Gregg Williams for Denver's HC job.

Chris
01-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks.

"Rick Dennison and Dirk Koetter are all set to visit us tomorrow." - Jim Elbow

Bronco Boy
01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
After that Seahawks game, they should have some good questions for Williams.

bowtown
01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Fox using a closed airport as an excuse to blow us off. If he really wanted the job, he'd hitchhike or something. Elway is really blowing this. What a disaster.

HEAV
01-10-2011, 10:35 AM
After that Seahawks game, they should have some good questions for Williams.

Talk about a defense sleep walking through a game.

Williams
01-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Fox using a closed airport as an excuse to blow us off. If he really wanted the job, he'd hitchhike or something. Elway is really blowing this. What a disaster.

Hilarious!

Rohirrim
01-10-2011, 10:39 AM
I really don't care who they hire to be HC. I'm much more concerned with who is going to be restocking our shelves. You give any NFL coach a bunch of great players and he'll win games.

Mile High Shack
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
fox using a closed airport as an excuse to blow us off. If he really wanted the job, he'd hitchhike or something. Elway is really blowing this. What a disaster.

lol

+1

Gcver2ver3
01-10-2011, 10:41 AM
greg williams...

do not want...

bowtown
01-10-2011, 10:41 AM
I really don't care who they hire to be HC. I'm much more concerned with who is going to be restocking our shelves. You give any NFL coach a bunch of great players and he'll win games.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eIubVE2SU2OQ/x350.jpg

"I wanted sausage."

Gcver2ver3
01-10-2011, 10:42 AM

thats good stuff...

Rohirrim
01-10-2011, 10:47 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eIubVE2SU2OQ/x350.jpg

"I wanted sausage."

No ****. I was watching GB yesterday thinking, "Why can't we ever draft a ****ing Clay Matthews?" We used to have players like Dennis Smith, Atwater, Zimmerman, TD - players the whole league talked about. Now, it just seems to be a parade of guys who are just good enough, but that's about it. I wonder how many of our players would start on a SB team? One? Two?

Killericon
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM
No ****. I was watching GB yesterday thinking, "Why can't we ever draft a ****ing Clay Matthews?" We used to have players like Dennis Smith, Atwater, Zimmerman, TD - players the whole league talked about. Now, it just seems to be a parade of guys who are just good enough, but that's about it. I wonder how many of our players would start on a SB team? One? Two?

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/elvisdumervil2.jpg

tsiguy96
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM

i think you overrate the collective talent of most SB winners. they have more stars and big names, but every team has weaknesses. difference between a 4 and 12 win team isnt THAT big.

Chris
01-10-2011, 10:57 AM
greg williams...

do not want...

Is your avvy a picture of Joe Ellis?

gunns
01-10-2011, 11:08 AM
i think you overrate the collective talent of most SB winners. they have more stars and big names, but every team has weaknesses. difference between a 4 and 12 win team isnt THAT big.

I've tried to think of a bunch of different things to say to this but I always come back to.....what???

Chris
01-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Permission granted.

We also received permission to interview Saints DC Gregg Williams... He'll be at Dove Valley on Wednesday. - Jim Elbow

SoDak Bronco
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Permission granted.

We also received permission to interview Saints DC Gregg Williams... He'll be at Dove Valley on Wednesday. - Jim Elbow

What's with calling Elway Jim Elbow? Not sure i see the humor in that? Just curious, he is the duke, the legend. Give the man his due respect.

loborugger
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
greg williams...

do not want...

With you on this one. Maybe I have it all wrong, but Williams reminds me of another Greg we had here a few years back - Robinson. His defense is successful when it can force a bunch of turnovers. Which works because the Saints have a high octane offense (sorta like we used to have). IMHO, the Saints D isnt a hard nosed, in your face, off the field on 3rd down kinda D. I would rather have a hard nosed D. The tough 'D's (B-more, Pitt come to mind) also get plenty of TOs, but they get them thru hard play and not schemes. Also, those hard nosed 'D's can still deliver for you even when the TOs arent coming (cuz sometimes they just dont).

oubronco
01-10-2011, 11:12 AM
What's with calling Elway Jim Elbow? Not sure i see the humor in that? Just curious, he is the duke, the legend. Give the man his due respect.

Exactly it's very disrespectful

MABroncoFan
01-10-2011, 11:15 AM
rotoworld.com is not impressed...

The Broncos have formally sought permission to interview Saints DC Gregg Williams for their head coaching vacancy.

It's odd timing after Williams' defense was destroyed by Matt Hasselbeck and Marshawn Lynch in the playoffs. Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway's head coaching search continues to be overwhelmingly unimpressive.
Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter

bendog
01-10-2011, 11:16 AM
I've just never seen anyting in gregg williams that screams HC. He's prolly the best DC in the game

bendog
01-10-2011, 11:18 AM

The Broncos have formally sought permission to interview Saints DC Gregg Williams for their head coaching vacancy.

It's odd timing after Williams' defense was destroyed by Matt Hasselbeck and Marshawn Lynch in the playoffs. Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway's head coaching search continues to be overwhelmingly unimpressive.

Saints have a lot of holes on defese. Their game is predicated on getting more stops than the other team can get on their O. Give Payton one of his top four TB's and they win that game. Brees stepped up and said the loss was on the O.

Play2win
01-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Exactly it's very disrespectful

Exactly. It should be a banable offense. And I am not talking just from here, should get banned from the whole freaking interwebz...

gunns
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM

Thank you.

Gcver2ver3
01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Is your avvy a picture of Joe Ellis?

don't i wish!...

Gcver2ver3
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM

did we really need the extra adjective?...

would we not have gotten the point with unimpressive?...

no its OVERWHELMINGLY unimpressive...got it...

PRBronco
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM

Oh cool, one game sample sizes! I guess Deltha O'neal will be in Canton any day now. Friggin rotoworld...

worm
01-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Evaluating a player or coach on one game is incredibly short-sighted. This is taking the 'what have you done for me lately' concept to ridiculous speeds.

Regardless of the Seattle game, Willliams won the SB as a DC last year. He has also been a head coach in this league before.

He is very qualified. As much as Mularky.

If you are looking for a flashy name to be the next HC....get used to being disappointed. I will take the Mike Smith, low household name recognition, type coach who can stabilize the ship and get it pointed in the right direction.

bendog
01-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Evaluating a player or coach on one game is incredibly short-sighted. This is taking the 'what have you done for me lately' concept to ridiculous speeds.

Regardless of the Seattle game, Willliams won the SB as a DC last year. He has also been a head coach in this league before.

He is very qualified. As much as Mularky.

If you are looking for a flashy name to be the next HC....get used to being disappointed. I will take the Mike Smith, low household name recognition, type coach who can stabilize the ship and get it pointed in the right direction.

I just don't see his game translated to HC. Fox was a DC, but he was known for taking shots downfiled, while Williams was almost lampooned for chosing to not take any risk on his side fo the 50. He's a great guy to just turn over a defense too, and then the HC can come in on Tues to see what the D game plan is.

bowtown
01-10-2011, 11:36 AM

He should work on getting the names of his HC candidates right if he wants the same curtousy extended to him.

P.S. Lighten up. We have Rich Dennis and Dirk Koettex coming in later today. Things are looking up!

worm
01-10-2011, 11:40 AM
I just don't see his game translated to HC. Fox was a DC, but he was known for taking shots downfiled, while Williams was almost lampooned for chosing to not take any risk on his side fo the 50. He's a great guy to just turn over a defense too, and then the HC can come in on Tues to see what the D game plan is.

I am hoping that his time with Peyton has caused him to learn new agressive tricks. :)

I am not 100% on the Williams train....however I like him more than Lindsay seems too. She sounds like she wants a 'Name'...or flavor du jour. Like Harbaugh, Cowher, Gruden...or the like. If the coach isn't known by casual fans....it seems like she will be 'underwhelmed'.

What we need is a HC who can lead, discipline, demand respect, delegate and can hire a fantastic OC\DC.

I am not sure if Williams fits all of that but I wouldn't call him 'overwhelmingly unimpressive'.

Rohirrim
01-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Mike McCarthy wasn't an "exciting" pick in GB. He seems to have done okay.

tsiguy96
01-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Mike McCarthy wasn't an "exciting" pick in GB. He seems to have done okay.

thats the trend with some of the best HC in the league, people just tune them out before giving them a chance.

this dirk koetter guy, interested to see how that goes. the thing thats most important is the HC is the leader of the team, even if he didnt consistently have hte #1 defense or offense, if they are a great leader and can get a group of guys to coach with them and believe in the message, they are on the right track.

baja
01-10-2011, 11:48 AM
I am hoping that his time with Peyton has caused him to learn new agressive tricks. :)

I am not 100% on the Williams train....however I like him more than Lindsay seems too. She sounds like she wants a 'Name'...or flavor du jour. Like Harbaugh, Cowher, Gruden...or the like. If the coach isn't known by casual fans....it seems like she will be 'underwhelmed'.

<B>What we need is a HC who can lead, discipline, demand respect, delegate and can hire a fantastic OC\DC.</B>

I am not sure if Williams fits all of that but I wouldn't call him 'overwhelmingly unimpressive'.

Who did you just describe there?

Working off that model who fits?

bowtown
01-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Who did you just describe there?

John Fox

PRBronco
01-10-2011, 11:51 AM

What we need is a HC who can lead, discipline, demand respect, delegate and can hire a fantastic OC\DC.

To be fair to Lindsay, I think that's just rotoworld's take on it, based on her tweet. She does a pretty good job keeping opinion out of it, for a DP writer.