View Full Version : Coaching list hints at tougher Broncos

oubronco
01-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Has a good write up about the 6 candidates

I wasn't sure about their rules so I just posted the link

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17047032

OrangeSe7en
01-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Another Klis gem. Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a scenario where teams would want to hire a coach that's going to make them soft.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm at the point of hoping for Fewell or Studs. Everybody else on that list fills me with the mehs.

oubronco
01-09-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm sure there will be more added when the playoffs are over

broncolife
01-09-2011, 09:15 PM
I really hope we add more to that list

OrangeSe7en
01-09-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm sure there will be more added when the playoffs are over

Do you promise? Would you be willing to sign something?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm at the point of hoping for Fewell or Studs. Everybody else on that list fills me with the mehs.

What about Studs is even remotely appealing?

strafen
01-09-2011, 09:59 PM
I really hope we add more to that listMe too, but that's apparently what we've got.
Gotta go with the guy that interviews the best that can provide realistic views on how he would coach the team...

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 10:00 PM

I've mentioned it in other posts. The guy just feels right. It's a personal thing. It's not the most rational of things. I just have a feeling. I tend to trust those feelings.

Killericon
01-09-2011, 10:01 PM

No kidding. If we went out and interviewed some other team's RB coach, people would grab pitchforks.

HEAV
01-09-2011, 10:03 PM
7 said at his introduction, last wednesday, that he wanted to see the Broncos get back to running the ball.

peacepipe
01-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Has a good write up about the 6 candidates

I wasn't sure about their rules so I just posted the link

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17047032

geez, all I can think looking at that list is" damn,these next few yrs are going to be long". not impressed by anyone on that list. I suppose it woudn't be so bad if it didn't look like we were scraping the bottom of the barrel to get a coach.

strafen
01-09-2011, 11:04 PM
7 said at his introduction, last wednesday, that he wanted to see the Broncos get back to running the ball.Yup.
That would buy Tebow time to be more of a pocket passer by not having to put it all on his shoulders.
A strong running game and a solid defense, is the shortest way to get back to where we need to be...

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 11:06 PM
geez, all I can think looking at that list is" damn,these next few yrs are going to be long". not impressed by anyone on that list. I suppose it woudn't be so bad if it didn't look like we were scraping the bottom of the barrel to get a coach.

We are interviewing many of the guys that most believe to be the top HC candidates in the league this year. Not sure how we're scraping the bottom of the barrel. A lot of them don't excite me either, but many successful HCs were not the most exciting hires initially. It's what they do once they have the job that matters.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Yup.
That would buy Tebow time to be more of a pocket passer by not having to put it all on his shoulders.
A strong running game and a solid defense, is the shortest way to get back to where we need to be...

A strong running game combined with Tebow's playmaking potential and mobility would be a nightmare for opposing teams. Can you imagine the Jets with a half-developed Tebow? Wow...

strafen
01-09-2011, 11:15 PM
A strong running game combined with Tebow's playmaking potential and mobility would be a nightmare for opposing teams. Can you imagine the Jets with a half-developed Tebow? Wow...Yeah, I think if you put a solid defense that plays aggressive and a strong running game around Tebow, that Tebow will be the ultimate weapon.
He'll have easier times making plays...

strafen
01-09-2011, 11:18 PM
We are interviewing many of the guys that most believe to be the top HC candidates in the league this year. Not sure how we're scraping the bottom of the barrel. A lot of them don't excite me either, but many successful HCs were not the most exciting hires initially. It's what they do once they have the job that matters.I think the key behind the HC hiring is the DC and the OC.
I've got the feeling we could end up being strong there.
That would be a tremendous boost to the new HC.

There are some good candidates to fill those roles...

serious hops
01-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Coaching list hints at cheaper Broncos.

bpc
01-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Where the **** is Ron Rivera on this list?

peacepipe
01-09-2011, 11:43 PM
I hope we're not going the way of Buffalo where the team is to cheap to field a competitive team.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 11:44 PM

They've said that he's on their list, so I don't know.

peacepipe
01-09-2011, 11:46 PM
I thought they were going to try to get Harbough but they couldn't even get an interview.

peacepipe
01-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Where the **** is Ron Rivera on this list?Ron rivera is already doing a 2nd interview with Carolina. I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

ol#7
01-10-2011, 03:28 AM
I have to tell you, there isnt much to get excited about on that list. Fox is the cream of the crop and then theres Dennison...who I was never in love with as a coordinator. Why arent they at least talking up the possibility of a bigger name coach?

ghostofjosh
01-10-2011, 04:13 AM
if this is the list...please let it be Fox

ghostofjosh
01-10-2011, 04:14 AM
I have to tell you, there isnt much to get excited about on that list. Fox is the cream of the crop and then theres Dennison...who I was never in love with as a coordinator. Why arent they at least talking up the possibility of a bigger name coach?

probably the financial restraints of 3 coaches

Likwid Kerruj
01-10-2011, 06:36 AM
How about a more talented Broncos?

The tough-smart thing didn't produce **** except a #2 pick.

footstepsfrom#27
01-10-2011, 10:50 AM
"We're definitely entertaining getting that defensive side fixed," said John Elway, the Broncos' football operations boss.

Cripes what's there to entertain? ???

oubronco
01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Cripes what's there to entertain? ???

At least they are going to address it

BroncoInferno
01-10-2011, 10:56 AM

Here is our answer:

In Denver, they're starting at Ground Zero, with Pat Bowlen handing John Elway football authority. "I definitely want someone with head-coaching experience,'' Denver vice president of football operations Elway told me Friday night. "Either in college or pro football. I want a great competitor. I want someone who is smart, very smart. And I want someone who can work well within a good football system. With Josh [McDaniels], we went out on a limb [in terms of giving the coach lots of powers] and not only did it not work, it turned out to be sort of a disaster.''

No Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden czar type as coach, then.

"No,'' Elway said. "Mr. Bowlen's been down that road already.''

Brian Xanders remains the GM, and Elway will have the final say on football matters.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/09/wild-card/2.html

gunns
01-10-2011, 11:02 AM
I really hope we add more to that list

Me too

gunns
01-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Here is our answer:

So that leaves out Dennison (YES!), and Fewell gets it because he's been an interim head coach? I'm so confused.

footstepsfrom#27
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
"I definitely want someone with head-coaching experience,'' Denver vice president of football operations Elway told me Friday night. "Either in college or pro football.
Call that dude at Rutgers John.

BroncoInferno
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
So that leaves out Dennison (YES!), and Fewell gets it because he's been an interim head coach? I'm so confused.

Good point on Dennison. Why bother even interviewing him if you "definitely" want a coach with previous head coaching experience?

BroncoInferno
01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Call that dude at Rutgers John.

I think Schiano is one of those rare guys who is content being a big fish in a small pond. He had a chance at the Miami job a few seasons ago, but elected to not even interview. I don't think his name has been brought up for any jobs since then, even with the Miami position opening back up a month ago.

DarkHorse30
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM

I never liked Dennison - seemed like he moved around to different spots and didn't impact any of them. He wasn't the guy that build Denver's SB O-line....it was Gibbs.

So Dennison becomes OC for Houston last year....and they don't make the playoffs again. The only thing that keeps him in the loop is being associated with Kubiak and Shanahan.

OTOH, Rivera is my choice. C'mon Elway, quit pandering to to the former bronco coaches that were NOT successful, and pick a DC that is. Denver needs defense more than anything. If Elway went with Rivera he could handpick his OC and let Rivera handle the whole defense side.

BroncosMT
01-10-2011, 01:20 PM
I never liked Dennison - seemed like he moved around to different spots and didn't impact any of them. He wasn't the guy that build Denver's SB O-line....it was Gibbs.

So Dennison becomes OC for Houston last year....and they don't make the playoffs again. The only thing that keeps him in the loop is being associated with Kubiak and Shanahan.

OTOH, Rivera is my choice. C'mon Elway, quit pandering to to the former bronco coaches that were NOT successful, and pick a DC that is. Denver needs defense more than anything. If Elway went with Rivera he could handpick his OC and let Rivera handle the whole defense side.

I agree but it sounds like Rivera is going to be off the market going to Carolina!