PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Perry Fewell has started

UberBroncoMan
01-09-2011, 11:14 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/222591813.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1294597660&Signature=YJZ5l57r25HeHs88cZTz%2FkmGpDA%3D

http://twitpic.com/3oiwxx

Interesting to see The Greek in on that interview. He's been here a long ass time. I wonder how entrenched he is within the organization right now. Props on the Atwater jersey in the meeting room too.

theAPAOps5
01-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Whoa they need some new furniture. That stuff reeks of fur coat 80's!

bowtown
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Whoa they need some new furniture. That stuff reeks of fur coat 80's!

http://www.blogdownchicagobears.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/patbowlen_furcoat.jpg

You got a problem with that bitch?

McDman
01-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I recognize Elway, Greek, and Xanders. Which one is Ellis? Where is Pat?

theAPAOps5
01-09-2011, 11:22 AM
http://www.blogdownchicagobears.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/patbowlen_furcoat.jpg

You got a problem with that b****?

Sorry sir, can I make it up to you over dinner at Shanahan's. I heard its good and you were instrumental in its creation.

theAPAOps5
01-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I believe Ellis is on the far end of the picture.

http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/persons/staff-cards/2011/ellis_joe2.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Bowlen must have been taking the picture.

Agamemnon

Ellis is in back looking at some papers or something. Bowlen isn't part of the process it would seem.

randomtask
Thread was already made.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96307

This thread has a better title though.

Smilin Assassin
I wonder if Atwater was nice enough to sign that jersey on the wall ;)

McDman
01-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Who is the guy in the back right next to Xanders?

And why the hell is Ellis even involved with this? He has ZERO football background.

theAPAOps5
01-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Ellis is representing HR. Making sure they aren't interviewing based on race, er wait they have to. So he is making sure they don't ask him his age, if he is pregnant, etc.

bowtown
01-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Bowlen must have been taking the picture.

Yep, and it's the best one he got too. The others were of everyone's feet.

Drek
01-09-2011, 11:28 AM

And why the hell is Ellis even involved with this? He has ZERO football background.

Because Bowlen made him an important person. Why was he the one entirely responsible for hiring McDaniels and putting Xanders up to GM?

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 11:29 AM

Heh, at least he's not unilaterally hiring a clueless douche like last time...

Dr. Broncenstein
01-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Yep, and it's the best one he got too. The others were of everyone's feet.

I have this vision of Bowlen flipping the SD card back and forth trying to get it to develop.

Man-Goblin
01-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Interesting to see The Greek in on that interview. He's been here a long ass time. I wonder how entrenched he is within the organization right now.

Greek is there in case anybody cramps up or tweeks a hammy during the interview.

baja
01-09-2011, 11:59 AM

If you look close that's Pat sitting on the floor just behind John's chair. Looks like he is playing Jacks or maybe Pick-up-stix.

baja
01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
I have this vision of Bowlen flipping the SD card back and forth trying to get it to develop.

LOL.....While saying they're not making Polaroids like they used to.

Hamrob
01-09-2011, 12:04 PM
If you look close that's Pat sitting on the floor just behind John's chair. Looks like he is playing Jacks or maybe Pick-up-stix.Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilar ious!

CEH
01-09-2011, 12:59 PM
More transparency

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Coaching-Search-Fewell/79809491-0a2b-462d-be5b-68772bebf450

broncswin
01-09-2011, 01:11 PM
I think they should broadcast this interview, so we all get a say in who we want...I want the coach of the mud dogs and they have to throw in Bobby

KipCorrington25
01-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Cool video he seems like a cool guy at least, the opposite of McZeropersonality.

Dagmar
01-09-2011, 01:15 PM
More transparency

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Coaching-Search-Fewell/79809491-0a2b-462d-be5b-68772bebf450

I'm sold. Seems like a tremendous guy.

Dedhed
01-09-2011, 01:25 PM
It is pretty cool to see stuff like that. We all bicker about this guy and that guy, and we really have no idea what they're like, how they communicate, what their philosophy is, etc.

Hearing things from the horses mouth can change your perspective pretty quickly. I think it's a great idea from Elway to get the fans more connected again and hopefully restore a little of the Mile High mystique.

baja
01-09-2011, 01:25 PM
More transparency

He's a major kiss ass, might be a perfect fit.

Dagmar
01-09-2011, 01:31 PM
He's a major kiss ass, might be a perfect fit.

http://www.jacks-shack.net/images/24866292005682734532.gif

frerottenextelway
01-09-2011, 01:37 PM
More transparency

Really cool video. Go Coach Fewell!

Hamrob
01-09-2011, 01:46 PM
I love it. I wonder if these coaches think we're crazy...taping them like this.

Fewell seems like a nice guy. Obviously they didn't get into X's and O's, but, you can see that the players would probably like the guy.

In regards to the Greek...it would seem...that he's staying part of the Broncos...no matter what coach is hired. Interesting.

Steve Sewell
01-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Is that Mark Kizsla in there? OH NOES

baja
01-09-2011, 02:11 PM
I love it. I wonder if these coaches think we're crazy...taping them like this.

Fewell seems like a nice guy. Obviously they didn't get into X's and O's, but, you can see that the players would probably like the guy.

In regards to the Greek...it would seem...that he's staying part of the Broncos...no matter what coach is hired. Interesting.

Actually that was really Pat Bowlen wearing a 'Greek' mask, seems he's been suffering from some paranoia lately too.

strafen
01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Nice to see the Greek in there.
that speaks volumes as to how serious we are about hiring someone that understand and could relate Broncos Football

illbroncsfn
01-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Insightful video- glad denverbroncos.com is sharing this perspective w/us the diehard fans!

Bronco Boy
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Hope they do more videos like that, that was pretty cool.

Chris
01-09-2011, 02:47 PM
If you want more of that, keep tweeting to Elway that you love it.

Naggle Nole
01-09-2011, 03:11 PM
that speaks volumes as to how serious we are about hiring someone that understand and could relate Broncos Football

So does Bronco football = insane amount of soft tissue injuries?
Not trying to attack you, but I am tired of dealing with it year after year and I am looking at what the common denominators are

bowtown
01-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Not trying to attack you, but I am tired of dealing with it year after year and I am looking at what the common denominators are

Sigh. Greek is a doctor. Players don't come to him until they are injured. He has nothing to do with their strength and conditioning.

Naggle Nole
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Sigh. Greek is a doctor. Players don't come to him until they are injured. He has nothing to do with their strength and conditioning.

A fair point, but again, I am just trying to look at common denominators
I didn't mean to alleviate any responsibility from Tuten

Still, when I hear rumors that players like Harris are coming back too soon and obviously not ready, I don't know what to think
I know that players want to get back out there so they don't lose their jobs, but it is the responsibility of a guy like Greek to make sure they don't come back too soon and do further damage

It just seems strange that guys like Tuten and Greek, who are well respected and travel extensively giving lectures/seminars, seem to be at the helm of a team with such frequent soft tissue injuries

Ray Finkle
01-09-2011, 03:29 PM
A fair point, but again, I am just trying to look at common denominators
I didn't mean to alleviate any responsibility from Tuten

Still, when I hear rumors that players like Harris are coming back too soon and obviously not ready, I don't know what to think
I know that players want to get back out there so they don't lose their jobs, but it is the responsibility of a guy like Greek to make sure they don't come back too soon and do further damage

It just seems strange that guys like Tuten and Greek, who are well respected and travel extensively giving lectures/seminars, seem to be at the helm of a team with such frequent soft tissue injuries

complete crap.

tissue damage has very little to do with stretching/doctors. Tears cannot be predicted nor prevented.

UberBroncoMan
01-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I can't think of another team that's been this transparent during a hire...then again I don't really follow other teams.

Requiem
01-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Very cool video, props for the link.

misturanderson
01-09-2011, 03:43 PM
complete crap.

tissue damage has very little to do with stretching/doctors. Tears cannot be predicted nor prevented.

In some cases, sure, but there is a reason that teams stretch before and after practices and games. BECAUSE IT PREVENTS STRAINS (or tears if you will).

You've got to be ****ing kidding me if you don't think that flexibility training prevents soft tissue injuries. It doesn't prevent 100%, but nothing does.

McDman
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
http://www.jacks-shack.net/images/24866292005682734532.gif

This made me laugh out loud.

I'm loving the transparency of the organization right now, it's awesome to see some insight into how it is run and actually get information quickly. Elway wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to cater back to the fans.

frerottenextelway
01-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Studs is up.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/222703780.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1294614255&Signature=IDZlszX5T6sJwWc7yLC4C7Dc9iE%3D

Naggle Nole
01-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Getting back to the topic of the interview, I am very pleased/surprised by the transparency

This stuff is usually so secretive
Can you imagine organizations like the Chiefs, Raiders or Patriots letting someone know how the war room operates?

Ray Finkle
01-09-2011, 03:59 PM
In some cases, sure, but there is a reason that teams stretch before and after practices and games. BECAUSE IT PREVENTS STRAINS (or tears if you will).

You've got to be ****ing kidding me if you don't think that flexibility training prevents soft tissue injuries. It doesn't prevent 100%, but nothing does.

all teams stretch and use various forms of plyometrics. However, just because you stretch, do yoga, etc does not prevent you from injuries.

That is my point. I've incorporate of the above in my practices/pre game schedule and have seen the same injuries either way.

RunSilentRunDeep
01-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Studs is up.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/222703780.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1294614255&Signature=IDZlszX5T6sJwWc7yLC4C7Dc9iE%3D

Savvy orange-and-blue tie choice.

Requiem
01-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Studebaker!

Requiem
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Studs is up.

What kind of toppings do you think Brian is going to order?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Is that Mark Kizsla in there? OH NOES

He already hates the new coach, regardless of who it is, and thinks this interview process is stupid.

I'm guessing that's his column for tomorrow.

Wednesday's column: Why The Broncos Are Stupid
Thursday's column: Why I'm Smarter than Everyone at Dove Valley
Sunday: I'm Responsible for the Lombardi Trophies in Denver

strafen
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Not trying to attack you, but I am tired of dealing with it year after year and I am looking at what the common denominators areI think if you've been a long time Bronco fan that I wouldn't need to explain that to you on what Broncos Football really means to us...

I think we've lost some of our own identity. We need to go back a little before we can go forward.
We need to regroup and lay out the plan like Elway said.
Restore Broncos football and some dignity: run the ball, multi-dimensional passing attack, solid defense and defend our homefield.

A guy like Dennison would bring that lost culture back...

HAT
01-09-2011, 04:37 PM
I think if you've been a long time Bronco fan that I wouldn't need to explain that to you on what Broncos Football really means to us...

I think we've lost some of our own identity. We need to go back a little before we can go forward.
Restore Broncos football and some dignity: run the ball, multi-dimensional passing attack, solid defense and defend our homefield.

And having Greek present during these interviews "speaks volumes" toward that? Got it. Nice take there dragster.

TonyR
01-09-2011, 04:40 PM
John Fox tomorrow. (maybe old new but didn't see it posted anywhere)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004952

Dedhed
01-09-2011, 04:41 PM
I think if you've been a long time Bronco fan that I wouldn't need to explain that to you on what Broncos Football really means to us...

And then we can hope for one more playoff win in the next decade. That's what Shanny ball has been this century folks, regardless of how warm and fuzzy in makes you feel to think of "Broncos Football". It's been inept for a decade.

DenverBroncosJM
01-09-2011, 04:41 PM

Why would Dennison bring that back? What has he done in his career that screams he is the best guy for the job? Or better yet that he even deserves a shot?

Fact is broncos football is winning and winning at home they could bring in a small monkey an if he did those two things he would be labeled the greatest monkey HC in the world and he brought back broncos football.

**** you guys must long for all your ex girlfriends too. Nostalgia is a bitch don't let it color your view of everything bronco related.

frerottenextelway
01-09-2011, 04:43 PM
New video with Studs. Can't watch it from the iPhone.

http://dbron.co/3d

HAT
01-09-2011, 04:44 PM

dragster claims to have me on iggy, so can someone ask him WTF he is talking about with the above idiotic claim?

kthxbai

baja
01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
And then we can hope for one more playoff win in the next decade. That's what Shanny ball has been this century folks, regardless of how warm and fuzzy in makes you feel to think of "Broncos Football". It's been inept for a decade.

You have no way to know if he will chose to run the WCO.

baja
01-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen

dragster claims to have me on iggy, so can someone ask him WTF he is talking about with the above idiotic claim?

kthxbai

Dedhed
01-09-2011, 05:06 PM
You have no way to know if he will chose to run the WCO.

I'd be even more concerned if he came in and tried to implement a system with which he has little or no familiarity. All of his experience is in the Shanahan/kubiak system.

strafen
01-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Why would Dennison bring that back? What has he done in his career that screams he is the best guy for the job? Or better yet that he even deserves a shot?

Fact is broncos football is winning and winning at home they could bring in a small monkey an if he did those two things he would be labeled the greatest monkey HC in the world and he brought back broncos football.

**** you guys must long for all your ex girlfriends too. Nostalgia is a b**** don't let it color your view of everything bronco related.Nostalgy or not. Elway is back with the Broncos.
He's going to be the first one to bring that "nostalgy" back to the broncos.
Is it really that relevant?
In more ways that one, it is.
To me Broncos Football is what we've grown to see as fans.
Right now, I don't know if we have that anymore.

We've always been a steady franchise. We've always had the best fans, we've always had one of the best homefield advantages in the NFL.
Broncos Football also means a winning franchise...

That's the reason why I like Dennison, independantly if he had success or not.
I've measured his success in how I see him fit and help our team right now, based on his work experience.
The guy has done everything he was asked to do in his time as an assistant for the Broncos, and he did it well.

I think he deserves a shot. Well-rounded defensive and offensive mind...

But heck, that's my choice considering the pool we have to choose from.

I'm sure you could state your case for your HC choice, and I respect that. At the end of the day, it may end up being a choice that would surprise people. We can't always get what we want

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 05:08 PM
New video with Studs. Can't watch it from the iPhone.

http://dbron.co/3d

Elway wasn't kidding about bringing back transparency. Good stuff.

Against all reason, I can't help but root for Studs to get a chance. I just have a good feeling about the guy.

strafen
01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Elway wasn't kidding about bringing back transparency. Good stuff.

Against all reason, I can't help but root for Studs to get a chance. I just have a good feeling about the guy.

Me too. I think he's a guy that could get it done.
He has that upbeat personality that would be a great thing for the team.
I wouldn't mind Stud at all...

peacepipe
01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
The only good thing about shanahan was the WCO he ran. the problem was defense. The WCO is a very effective offense.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 05:14 PM
The only good thing about shanahan was the WCO he ran. the problem was defense. The WCO is a very effective offense.

I keep wondering when people are going to realize that Shanny's system isn't the WCO. It has the WCO as its foundation, but it is very different animal overall. It should be called the Rocky Mountain Offense or something.

peacepipe
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I keep wondering when people are going to realize that Shanny's system isn't the WCO. It has the WCO as its foundation, but it is very different animal overall. It should be called the Rocky Mountain Offense or something. It is a WC style offense. no ifs,ands or buts about it. Shanahan ran a run-heavy variation of it,but make no mistake it was a WCO.

Dedhed
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM

The more names that come out like Dennison, Koettel (or whatever), John Fox, etc the better I feel about Studs.

Like you said, it's beyond reason, but at least we would be moving forward.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 05:18 PM
The more names that come out like Dennison, Koettel (or whatever), John Fox, etc the better I feel about Studs.

Like you said, it's beyond reason, but at least we would be moving forward.

And we'd have some stability for Tebow. I still would really want a better DC though.

DenverBroncosJM
01-09-2011, 05:19 PM
I like Studes too. I don't have a reason I just like the guy.

If he gets it do you keep Wink though?

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 05:21 PM
It is a WC style offense. no ifs,ands or buts about it.

Like I said, the WCO is it's foundation, but it bears little resemblance to Walsh's WCO.

strafen
01-09-2011, 05:21 PM
It is a WC style offense. no ifs,ands or buts about it.And wouldn't you take that one back now?
We've won a lot of games and our achilles heel has always been the defense.

After hitting rock bottom this year, and Tebow now appears to be our QBOTF, the defense will get its deserved attention.
I don't know after many years of success, how having a WC syle is all of the sudden a bad thing...

_Oro_
01-09-2011, 05:22 PM
How freaking cool are these videos?? Was this the Duke's doing? If so he definitely gets a rep for that.

strafen
01-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I like Studes too. I don't have a reason I just like the guy.

If he gets it do you keep Wink though? I don't think they will keep Wink as the DC. He may be retained under a different role, but I doubt it will be a DC...

tsiguy96
01-09-2011, 05:24 PM
How freaking cool are these videos?? Was this the Duke's doing? If so he definitely gets a rep for that.

just a new organizational philosophy to be more open about whats going on with the team, and i like it. no reason to keep this stuff secret.

baja
01-09-2011, 05:27 PM
I'd be even more concerned if he came in and tried to implement a system with which he has little or no familiarity. All of his experience is in the Shanahan/kubiak system.

Depends on who is chosen to be the OC. It does not have to be the head coach that installs the offense. Most of Dennison's experience in on the D side anyway.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Most of Dennison's experience in on the D side anyway.

Not as a coach.

baja
01-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Nostalgy or not. Elway is back with the Broncos.
He's going to be the first one to bring that "nostalgy" back to the broncos.
Is it really that relevant?
In more ways that one, it is.
To me Broncos Football is what we've grown to see as fans.
Right now, I don't know if we have that anymore.

We've always been a steady franchise. We've always had the best fans, we've always had one of the best homefield advantages in the NFL.
Broncos Football also means a winning franchise...

That's the reason why I like Dennison, independantly if he had success or not.
I've measured his success in how I see him fit and help our team right now, based on his work experience.
The guy has done everything he was asked to do in his time as an assistant for the Broncos, and he did it well.

I think he deserves a shot. Well-rounded defensive and offensive mind...

But heck, that's my choice considering the pool we have to choose from.

I'm sure you could state your case for your HC choice, and I respect that. At the end of the day, it may end up being a choice that would surprise people. We can't always get what we want

Now I'm worried.... We agree. ;D

baja
01-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Not as a coach.

It's pretty evenly split as a coach between the O / D / ST his whole playing career was as a LB so there is that too.

strafen
01-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Now I'm worried.... We agree. ;DGreat minds think alike! LOL

bowtown
01-09-2011, 05:36 PM
It's pretty evenly split as a coach between the O / D / ST his whole playing career was as a LB so there is that too.

Dennison has never coached NFL D. Ever.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 05:37 PM

He's been an offensive or special teams coach since 1995. He has no defensive coaching experience in the NFL as far as I'm aware.

orinjkrush
01-09-2011, 05:37 PM
i hope they ask each candidate something like:

1) how would you game plan the Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and KC Chorfs if you were HC?

2) your DC absolutely disagrees with you on an issue. how will you resolve it? Your starting WR is arrested for domestic violence, how will you resolve it?

3) who would be your first three draft picks at this point?

bowtown
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
2) your DC absolutely disagrees with you on an issue. how will you resolve it? Your starting WR is arrested for domestic violence, how will you resolve it?

I think "Trade him to Miami for two 2nds and coach up an underperforming scout team player to lead the league in recieving yeads" would be about the best answer one could give to that question... and we all know how the rest of that turned out.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
i hope they ask each candidate something like:

1) how would you game plan the Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and KC Chorfs if you were HC?

3) who would be your first three draft picks at this point?

1) The interview would go on for eight hours if they actually answered that.

2) These questions are really hard to answer in a vacuum.

3) How on earth would they know that? That takes hours and hours of study and interviews.

footstepsfrom#27
01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Greek? Why would he be in there? Bizzare...he's there and Pat's not. Where is Elway btw? Maybe they're waiting on he and Pat.

orinjkrush
01-09-2011, 05:51 PM
I think "Trade him to Miami for two 2nds and coach up an underperforming scout team player to lead the league in recieving yeads" would be about the best answer one could give to that question... and we all know how the rest of that turned out.

Hilarious!

orinjkrush
01-09-2011, 05:55 PM
1) The interview would go on for eight hours if they actually answered that.

2) These questions are really hard to answer in a vacuum.

3) How on earth would they know that? That takes hours and hours of study and interviews.

yeah, i know. but given some of the stupid things that go on in interviews, at least having what's called in the HR world as a "realistic job preview" might get at the candidates basic thinking processes. (lacking in JMcDoobie)

all answers are more or less "depends", so given incomplete information, tell us HOW you would make those decisions.

baja
01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Dennison has never coached NFL D. Ever.

You are correct I thought for sure his early coaching years were on the defensive side but I looked it up and I am wrong.

Rick Dennison
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rick Dennison
Date of birth: June 22, 1958 (age 52)
Place of birth: Kalispell, Montana, U.S.
Career information
Position(s): Linebacker; offensive line coach; special teams coach; offensive coordinator
College: Colorado State University
Organizations
As player:
1982-1990; current Denver Broncos
Playing stats at DatabaseFootball.com
Rick Dennison (born June 22, 1958, Kalispell, Montana) is the offensive coordinator for the NFL's Houston Texans. He previously served in the same capacity with the Denver Broncos between 2006 and 2008, after coaching the team's offensive line from 2001 to 2005, special teams from 1997 to 2000 and working as an offensive assistant from 1995 to 1996. He played eight years as a Broncos linebacker (1982-90). He played college football at Colorado State University, where he played tight end, moving to linebacker when he entered the NFL. During a year off in 1993 for personal reasons, "Denny" Assisted Suffield Academy in a successful New England football championship, then returned to Denver to resume coaching for the Broncos. Dennison's move to Houston reunited him with Texans head coach Gary Kubiak, who was a team-mate of his in Denver between 1983 and 1990 and a fellow Broncos assistant coach between 1995 and 2005, and who he succeeded as Broncos offensive co-ordinator in 200

yerner
01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Those video's are cool. Good job by Fewell in an somewhat awkward situation. I thought he handled the car interview really well.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
You are correct I thought for sure his early coaching years were on the defensive side but I looked it up and I am wrong.

So now do you see that he will, with 100% certainty, bring in Shanny's Offense if hired?

strafen
01-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Those video's are cool. Good job by Fewell in an somewhat awkward situation. I thought he handled the car interview really well.

He sounds ready to be a HC.
I like his enthusiasm...

bowtown
01-09-2011, 06:08 PM

Super awkward and not terribly professional. I hope this isn't a prerequisite of the interview process. I don't like us turning this into a reality television show.

But yes, nicely handled by Fewell.

baja
01-09-2011, 06:10 PM
So now do you see that he will, with 100% certainty, bring in Shanny's Offense if hired?

No I don't believe that is a given. I would hope that he has is own twists and ideas. Even Shanny doesn't run the same system he did several years ago if he did he would fail. It's a dynamic league if you don't change and grow you will be stopped. If I though Dennison were going to just regurgitate Shanny's 1998 system than I would say hire someone else but I don't think that would be the case.

strafen
01-09-2011, 06:16 PM
OT: FYI...
For those local, Elway one on one with Ron Zappolo tonight at 10pm on Fox31

OrangeSe7en
01-09-2011, 06:17 PM
I think Perry Fewell is one of my 3 or 4 favorite candidates. He's not my #1 but I would be OK with him.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 06:19 PM
No I don't believe that is a given. I would hope that he has is own twists and ideas. Even Shanny doesn't run the same system he did several years ago if he did he would fail. It's a dynamic league if you don't change and grow you will be stopped. If I though Dennison were going to just regurgitate Shanny's 1998 system than I would say hire someone else but I don't think that would be the case.

I'm sure he'd have some modifications. The Texans don't run the exact same system as Shanny either. But the style is absolutely the same. I think that's what I and others are saying.

montrose
01-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Greek is there in case anybody cramps up or tweeks a hammy during the interview.

He'd probably misdiagnose it too.

Greek? Why would he be in there? Bizzare...he's there and Pat's not. Where is Elway btw? Maybe they're waiting on he and Pat.

I heard or read somewhere, it's escaping me now, that it's not uncommon for the Head Trainer to sit in on HCing interviews because he can ask questions about how practices, OTA, etc. would be handled and a few other reasons that I can't remember.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 06:21 PM
He sounds ready to be a HC.
I like his enthusiasm...

Fewell as HC and Studs as OC seems like it might have some potential to me. They are familiar with each other I believe.

montrose
01-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Just watched the video, Fred picked him up at the airport - beyond awesome.

Zoobie
01-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Fewell looks very good, a great speaker, and very confident. I'm pulling for him/

baja
01-09-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm sure he'd have some modifications. The Texans don't run the exact same system as Shanny either. But the style is absolutely the same. I think that's what I and others are saying.

If he is running a system that has been figured out and can't score in the redzone than obviously it would be foolhardy to hire him but I know he is a very smart (reported to be one of the smartest men in football) respected coach that has the perfect temperament (teacher/manager) to coach the current Broncos given where they are at now and what they need to become a good team again as well as reignite fan identification which may be the single most important thing to the franchise right now. To not consider him for fear he will run Shanny's antiquated version of the WCO I think is short sighted and missing the big picture.

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 06:33 PM
If he is running a system that has been figured out and can't score in the redzone than obviously it would be foolhardy to hire him but I know he is a very smart (reported to be one of the smartest men in football) respected coach that has the perfect temperament (teacher/manager) to coach the current Broncos given where they are at now and what they need to become a good team again as well as reignite fan identification which may be the single most important thing to the franchise right now. To not consider him for fear he will run Shanny's antiquated version of the WCO I think is short sighted and missing the big picture.

What's the big picture? The only reason some fans seem to want him is because they want to return to that type of offense. What other reason is there?

OrangeSe7en
01-09-2011, 06:37 PM

Honestly, the version that Houston runs is more like the one Denver ran in the late 90s and early 00s where they used a fullback. Mikes version toward the end of his time in Denver wasn't as balanced. Houston's (ie the older version) offense this year was quite good and was balanced.

baja
01-09-2011, 06:39 PM
What's the big picture? The only reason some fans seem to want him is because they want to return to that type of offense. What other reason is there?

I have outlined my reasons more than a few times here. I think his Broncos background and his temperament has value at this juncture in the franchise. we are a fractured franchise right now. And a guy like Dennison with his unique relationship with the broncos would be very helpful in healing those wounds. Whoever comes in will have to work as one leg of a three legged stool and Denison has the personality to fit that need too. It's not always just about X's & O's. Witness Josh McDaniels for recent proof of that.

Chris
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Fewell looks very good, a great speaker, and very confident. I'm pulling for him/

Plus you can tell the players would LOVE him.