PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else like to see Chris Petersen?

ChampBailey24
01-09-2011, 09:26 AM
What about Chris Petersen the coach for Boise State. I know his offense seems a bit gimmicky, but could it work in the NFL. I dont think i am in any way shape or form a good judge of an NFL head coach, but to me it seems he has done more with Boise State than Harbaugh did with Stanford. JUst an idea, what does everyone think?

footstepsfrom#27
01-09-2011, 09:36 AM
ESpin reported Stanford is talking to him about replacing Harbaugh. I don't think the scheme he runs in college has much to do with what he has to be locked into in the pros, or at least I wouldn't assume that. If he's got a plan for surrounding himself with some solid NFL experience why not give him an opportunity to at least interview? I feel the same way about Gary Patterson, Greg Schiano and this guy...why limit the flexibility you have here? We don't want to have to repeat the same mistakes over and over, but we don't want to limit your ability to innovate either. It boils down to doing our homework IMO, and that's the scariest part of all this.

ChampBailey24
01-09-2011, 09:50 AM
I just feel like he is so innovative that if he wanted to make it work in the NFL he could. I just dont get why no NFL team has come knocking like they did for harbaugh

Agamemnon
01-09-2011, 10:31 AM
He's a great coach. Not sure how'd he do in the NFL, but I can think of worse choices, some of which we are apparently interviewing.

Cmac821
01-09-2011, 10:37 AM
The offensive would be awesome, I have thought of having a spread offense in the NFL before. I reason it would easier to fill the roster with great players for system, example you would only need OL that can pass block and largely one dimensional because of that you would be the only one in the market for such a player leading to lower salary and abundance of choice. Another note, it easy to find 5 WRs that are better than any teams 5 CBs. I think it would be a great experiment at the very least.

footstepsfrom#27
01-09-2011, 10:59 AM
The offensive would be awesome, I have thought of having a spread offense in the NFL before. I reason it would easier to fill the roster with great players for system, example you would only need OL that can pass block and largely one dimensional because of that you would be the only one in the market for such a player leading to lower salary and abundance of choice. Another note, it easy to find 5 WRs that are better than any teams 5 CBs. I think it would be a great experiment at the very least.
Yeah...reguardless of how I think the spread would or wouldn't work as a base offense, the constant whining about how this or that won't work in the NFL gets so stale after a while. It's like talking to people in convolescent homes stuck in their ways and unable to grasp anything else. What fun is that anyway?

Cmac821
01-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah...reguardless of how I think the spread would or wouldn't work as a base offense, the constant whining about how this or that won't work in the NFL gets so stale after a while. It's like talking to people in convolescent homes stuck in their ways and unable to grasp anything else. What fun is that anyway?

Had to look up convolescent, turns out it is not a word.

However, convalescent- recuperating patient: a patient who is recovering from an illness or the effects of medical treatment.