PDA

View Full Version : The fate of Perrish Cox

schaaf
01-08-2011, 10:11 AM
What do you guys think will end up of Cox. I find it pretty difficult to convict him of the offence. Especially considering the two months in between the event taking place and when the complaint was brought in. I found this in the Denver Post this morning

"Cox, 23, was arrested late Dec. 9 after Lone Tree police received a sexual-assault complaint Oct. 28. The complaint alleges that the assault occurred around Sept. 6.
Cox, whose alias in court documents is listed as "Peacock," faces two felony charges that accuse him of sexually assaulting a helpless victim incapable of appraising her own condition. If convicted, he faces between two years to life in prison."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17039685

errand
01-08-2011, 10:20 AM
While it takes time to find and interview witnesses and check DNA and what evidence there might be I'm with you on the timing of the accusation.

Why if this woman was truly assaulted did she take so long to call the police? I'm guessing she's an acquaintance to him while he was her "boyfriend".

With apologies to Mitch Hedberg..."I don't have a girlfriend, i just know a girl that'll accuse me of sexual assault if she heard me say that"

Steve Sewell
01-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Looks like a classic case of a jilted jock sniffer looking for a pay day.

meangene
01-08-2011, 10:24 AM
On the other hand, Cox hardly instills confidence in his ability to become a starter based on his on-field performance.

spdirty
01-08-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't know the evidence, and don't want to proclaim his guilt or innocence one way or the other. I'll just say that if he is convicted or pleads out to ANYTHING, cut him immediately. If acquitted of all charges, or if the charges are dropped, let him compete.

frerottenextelway
01-08-2011, 10:29 AM
http://historybyday.com/photos/perrish-cox.jpg

razorwire77
01-08-2011, 10:37 AM
IMO sexual assault cases involving athletes usually fall into two general categories:

1.) The athlete who feels entitled to do anything to any woman who shows any interest in him. She hangs out with him, but does not/ cannot consent to sex and he assaults her. (guilty of sexual assault)

2.) The woman who consents to sex and after it is over the athlete treats her like sh*t and kicks her out of the hotel room/dorm room/condo before she can put her panties back on. She gets pissed, because no one treats her like that and cries rape.
(guilty of being an ***hole, but not guilty of sexual assault).

With Cox, we'll just have to wait and see. Even if he's acquitted, I think he's a quality nickle back, but not someone you want starting.

schaaf
01-08-2011, 10:40 AM
I was very impressed with how Cox played for being a rookie and being opposite of Champ AND with a horrible front 7 that creates absolutely no pressure on the quarterback.

ayjackson
01-08-2011, 11:09 AM
How many Big Ben rapes does a Perrish Cox rape equal?

Popps
01-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I have no idea if he's guilty or not, but the fact that he's got 3 children by his 22nd birthday tells me that he's probably not out there making the best decisions in life.

Killericon
01-08-2011, 11:14 AM
How many Big Ben rapes does a Perrish Cox rape equal?

No kidding. These guys are ridiculous.

**** Cox. Get him off the team.

Miss I.
01-08-2011, 11:23 AM
I agree with the judge. The stuff should be sealed. If the evidence including affidavits, etc are released, it will make a fair trial difficult for Cox (finding an unbiased jury will be hard enough) and would open up the alleged victim to harrassment and continued bile like what is posted on most of the threads on this topic. Turning this into a media frenzy will make a trial more difficult and the truth even harder to determine.

I don't know if he's guilty, but nobody can make that determination from the scant information available in the media. Right now, anyway, those saying, oh yes he's innocent or that dude is guilty are doing it based solely on opinion, hearsay and whatever bias they may have picked up either from media or their own personal opinions on rape, etc.

errand
01-08-2011, 11:24 AM
I have no idea if he's guilty or not, but the fact that he's got 3 children by his 22nd birthday tells me that he's probably not out there making the best decisions in life.

I agree. He's definitely been reading the Travis Henry book of "how to **** your life up*"

* forward written by Derrick Thomas

With apologies to Tom Cruise

"My client's a moron....but that's not against the law"

Hercules Rockefeller
01-08-2011, 11:33 AM

Thought it was 5?

55CrushEm
01-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree. He's definitely been reading the Travis Henry book of "how to **** your life up*"

* forward written by Derrick Thomas

With apologies to Tom Cruise

"My client's a moron....but that's not against the law"

LOL.....one of my favorite parts of the movie.

Tom Cruise (Caffee) after being told his client is being charged with possession of marajuana......

Caffee: "It was oregano, Dave."

Dave: "Yeah? Well, you're client thought it was marajuana."

Caffee: "My client's an idiot. That's not against the law."

Dave: "I'm gonna charge him, Caffee!"

Caffee: "With what? Possession of a condiment?"

Caffee: "So you're gonna go blind on paperwork for the next six months because a signalman first class bought and smoked a dime bag of oregano!"

Ha!

Hamrob
01-08-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't know if he's guilty or not guilty...but, he has one hell of an attorney!!!

Beantown Bronco
01-08-2011, 12:10 PM
He'll be found not guilty if it ever even gets to trial, which I doubt.

Over 7 weeks for the "victim" to even approach police? C'mon man. Call me biased or whatever, but I just can't think of too many reasons to wait 7 weeks after being assaulted before I told the authorities. This one reeks of $ grubbing IMO.

ayjackson
01-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Over 7 weeks for the "victim" to even approach police? C'mon man. Call me biased or whatever, but I just can't think of too many reasons to wait 7 weeks after being assaulted before I told the authorities. This one reeks of $ grubbing IMO.

Maybe after 7 weeks she realized she was pregnant, so then went back to check the tape?

Garcia Bronco
01-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Read the original thread and most of your questions will be answered

bombay
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM
What do you guys think will end up of Cox. I find it pretty difficult to convict him of the offence. Especially considering the two months in between the event taking place and when the complaint was brought in. I found this in the Denver Post this morning

"Cox, 23, was arrested late Dec. 9 after Lone Tree police received a sexual-assault complaint Oct. 28. The complaint alleges that the assault occurred around Sept. 6.
Cox, whose alias in court documents is listed as "Peacock," faces two felony charges that accuse him of sexually assaulting a helpless victim incapable of appraising her own condition. If convicted, he faces between two years to life in prison."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17039685

Does that mean she thought it was OK at the time?

Hamrob
01-08-2011, 02:47 PM
She must have been drunk as a skunk or she's claiming it was a date drug. Really though...how do you prove that someone slipped you a mickey? Hell, she could be harbouring resentment for him kicking her out on her ass....and then lied. Even, if there's traces of the drug in her system...she could have taken it after the fact...just to set him up.

She'd have to have one of his buddies role on him and say that he witnessed it. Otherwise...good luck to her. Steinberg is no joke!

Steve Sewell
01-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Yep. This case is going to be thrown out OR settled out of court. This chick better have an eye witness.

There's a reason he didn't miss any games. Its because the charges are frivolous.

Karenin
01-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I hope he gets put away for life, one less rapist on the streets, one less ****ty player on the field.

Steve Sewell
01-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I hope he gets put away for life, one less rapist on the streets, one less ****ty player on the field.

Hi there Kim Jong Il

Karenin
01-08-2011, 06:21 PM
um... ok bro

Dukes
01-08-2011, 06:29 PM

Without it even going to trial? Nice.

Jetmeck
01-08-2011, 06:44 PM
No kidding. These guys are ridiculous.

**** Cox. Get him off the team.

No your dead wrong. Fire guy before we know the facts.
**** you..................

Karenin
01-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Without it even going to trial? Nice.

I don't like to give rapists the benefit of the doubt. Good to know you do though. Would you be saying the same thing if he was a Raider? Of course not. Hypocrite.

schaaf
01-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I would guess about 1/3 of convicted rapists are actually innocent.

Last year in my town there was a girl who was a year younger than me who was at a party and had sex with an older male. The girl was out until four in the morning and then when she showed up at her home her parents grounded her for a month and took her keys away, when they asked why she was late she told them she was raped to get out of her punishment. The male was 19 years old and attending a college, he is now in prison for 4 years. Was he a rapist? no. Did he make a bad decision? yes. But he did not deserve to have his life ruined.

I view rape as one of the worst things that can ever happen to a human being. But you should open your mind up a little bit more before you start accusing people of things without even having a trial. The worst part about it is this isn't even the most absurd story i've heard about this topic

edog24
01-08-2011, 07:11 PM
The people who need to open their mind are the people defending Cox. The guy is obviously poor character since he got involved somehow with the chick. These guys are professionals, they get paid huge money to play. If they have half a brain it's not that hard to keep your nose clean. I don't get the mentality of constantly blaming the victim and defending these guys who are out getting chicks drunk and getting laid left and right.

Agamemnon
01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
With that much time gone by, there is almost no way a rape can be proved. I'm surprised that the DA is even pursuing it to be honest.

Bottom line is that we likely will never know what really happened.

schaaf
01-08-2011, 07:14 PM
The people who need to open their mind are the people defending Cox. The guy is obviously poor character since he got involved somehow with the chick. These guys are professionals, they get paid huge money to play. If they have half a brain it's not that hard to keep your nose clean. I don't get the mentality of constantly blaming the victim and defending these guys who are out getting chicks drunk and getting laid left and right.

I agree with you that Cox needs to get his **** together, but for blaming all "rapists" is absurd. If found innocent Cox needs punishment from team and league but if he did nothing then he does not deserve to spend 2 years to life in prison.

Requiem
01-08-2011, 07:15 PM
I don't like to give rapists the benefit of the doubt. Good to know you do though. Would you be saying the same thing if he was a Raider? Of course not. Hypocrite.

Innocent until proven guilty. Interesting concept, huh?

Agamemnon
01-08-2011, 07:17 PM

Likewise the notion that these guys are "getting chicks drunk" is attempting to paint them as victimizers that have all the control. In the end everyone involved is responsible. I also think it's rather silly to expect all these guys to not do what the majority of guys in their 20s in this country would do with such fame and wealth: try to get as much action as possible. Not saying it's right, but let's be realistic about it.

Karenin
01-08-2011, 07:23 PM

Sad little man.

Dexter

Waiting to reserve judgment until there is a trial isn't blaming the victim...

BroncosSR
No your dead wrong. Fire guy before we know the facts.
**** you..................

The fact is he sucks.

schaaf
01-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Sad little man.

So what you are saying is that it is okay to be judgmental of people before they have even taken a step inside a courtroom?

TheReverend
01-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Let it play out in the courts and if convicted, good riddance.

bombay
01-08-2011, 07:34 PM
What does "incapable of appraising her own condition" mean?

Does that mean if you're a drunken fool you can do whatever you want and then blame someone else? Excellent. Nothing like taking responsibility for your own actions.

Karenin
01-08-2011, 07:36 PM
So what you are saying is that it is okay to be judgmental of people before they have even taken a step inside a courtroom?

yes

schaaf
01-08-2011, 07:42 PM
yes

Keep those positive values my man!:thumbsup:

Agamemnon
01-08-2011, 07:44 PM
yes

Seriously? I hope you never end up on the wrong side of that mentality...

edog24
01-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Waiting to reserve judgment until there is a trial isn't blaming the victim...

Agreed unfortunately 90% of the posters on here seem to blame the victim.

Requiem
01-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Sad little man.

I prefer to go along with concepts held within our judicial system. If you prefer to be an ignorant douche, more power to you. Keep the Reuben Droughns comments rolling though, that way you will be good for a laugh in a way other than your blatant stupidity.

Karenin
01-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Why should I be surprised that a message board full of overweight, undersexed, 40 and 50 somethings would be composed almost entirely of misogynists who cling to the 1950's view that the woman is usually to blame for the rape?

Karenin
01-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I prefer to go along with concepts held within our judicial system. If you prefer to be an ignorant douche, more power to you. Keep the Reuben Droughns comments rolling though, that way you will be good for a laugh in a way other than your blatant stupidity.

Why would I be surprised that a 5' 5" dweeb who looks like Macauley Culkin would be a misogynist who clings to the 1950's view of women being at fault for a rape?

schaaf
01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Why should I be surprised that a message board full of overweight, undersexed, 40 and 50 somethings would be composed almost entirely of misogynists who cling to the 1950's view that the woman is usually to blame for the rape?

I think you may be surprised that a lot of the people on the mane are in their twenties. and there is absolutely no need for a personal attack against requiem.

Requiem
01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Why would I be surprised that a 5' 5" dweeb who looks like Macauley Culkin would be a misogynist who clings to the 1950's view of women being at fault for a rape?

Where did I ever say she was to blame for the rape?

I stated that Cox is innocent until proven guilty.

If he is found guilty, good riddance to him and he will be punished accordingly.

Still trying to piece out what former message board poster you are. I've heard the M.C. dig before. How original.

Don't look anything like him and I'm not 5'5, but good try.

Misogynist must be your big word of the day!

bombay
01-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Where did I ever say she was to blame for the rape?

I stated that Cox is innocent until proven guilty.

If he is found guilty, good riddance to him and he will be punished accordingly.

Still trying to piece out what former message board poster you are. I've heard the M.C. dig before. How original.

Don't look anything like him and I'm not 5'5, but good try.

Misogynist must be your big word of the day!

sixtimeseight

Requiem
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
sixtimeseight

Who was that? Not important enough to remember. Hilarious!

Pony Boy
01-08-2011, 08:04 PM

I would normally say no, but in the case of the Arizona shooter today, I would gut him from stem to stern and not think twice about giving him a day in court.

Requiem
01-08-2011, 08:05 PM
I would normally say no, but in the case of the Arizona shooter today, I would gut him from stem to stern and not think twice about giving him a day in court.

Big difference though, but I see your point.

bombay
01-08-2011, 08:07 PM

Right. But everyone knows exactly what he did.

Pony Boy
01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Big difference though, but I see your point.

Not, trying to jack the thread but just can't get that off my mind, what a sad, sad day .... lot of heartbreak in Arizona today.

Requiem
01-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah it is sad. :(

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/sites/default/files/assets/myspace.jpg

McDman
01-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Karenin has to just be trolling to piss people off.

Cool Breeze
01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
I agree with the judge. The stuff should be sealed. If the evidence including affidavits, etc are released, it will make a fair trial difficult for Cox (finding an unbiased jury will be hard enough) and would open up the alleged victim to harrassment and continued bile like what is posted on most of the threads on this topic. Turning this into a media frenzy will make a trial more difficult and the truth even harder to determine.

I don't know if he's guilty, but nobody can make that determination from the scant information available in the media. Right now, anyway, those saying, oh yes he's innocent or that dude is guilty are doing it based solely on opinion, hearsay and whatever bias they may have picked up either from media or their own personal opinions on rape, etc.

Best Take - end thread

Dukes
01-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Karenin has to just be trolling to piss people off.

Pretty much. Nobody can be that dense.

Requiem
01-08-2011, 08:50 PM
I had never even seen the guy before. Looks like he took a vacation for a year from the boards and decided to come back with a vengeance this November. Has that always been his user name?

Steve Sewell
01-08-2011, 09:48 PM

Those who question the validity of a rape charge that is filed nearly two months after the crime allegedly took place are fat pathetic virgins?

In that case, I should change my handle to Bob's Your Information Minister.

schaaf
01-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Yes there were a lot of people affected by the Arizona shooting it is horrible. My thoughts and Prayers go out to everyone involved.

Karenin
01-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Those who question the validity of a rape charge that is filed nearly two months after the crime allegedly took place are fat pathetic virgins?

In that case, I should change my handle to Bob's Your Information Minister.

Ya, we get it, you think the victim was a whore/money grubber/star****er/looking for attention. Just come right out and say it.

Vegas_Bronco
01-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Cox, whose alias in court documents is listed as "Peacock," faces two felony charges that accuse him of sexually assaulting a helpless victim incapable of appraising her own condition. If convicted, he faces between two years to life in prison.

Quote above is from denverpost. Lone Tree Court real classy move giving him the name of Peacock in a rape case...real creative morans.

Broncos4Life
01-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Not, trying to jack the thread but just can't get that off my mind, what a sad, sad day .... lot of heartbreak in Arizona today.
Your tellin me..... I used to shop at that Safeway......Those poor people.

DHallblows
01-09-2011, 11:00 AM
I had never even seen the guy before. Looks like he took a vacation for a year from the boards and decided to come back with a vengeance this November. Has that always been his user name?

It has as far as I know. His posts always consist of insulting one-liners, much like sixtimeseight. But I've been under the impression that they're different people. 6x8 is more ignorant and douchey but has at least discussed the Broncos before.

Beantown Bronco
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how on Earth Macauley Culkin was banging one of the hottest chicks in the world for 8 years.....

bombay
01-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Cox, whose alias in court documents is listed as "Peacock," faces two felony charges that accuse him of sexually assaulting a helpless victim incapable of appraising her own condition. If convicted, he faces between two years to life in prison.

Quote above is from denverpost. Lone Tree Court real classy move giving him the name of Peacock in a rape case...real creative morans.

The phrase 'incapable of appraising her own condition' really bothers me. What does that mean? You can't be held responsible because you're trashed?

Miss I.
01-09-2011, 02:10 PM
The phrase 'incapable of appraising her own condition' really bothers me. What does that mean? You can't be held responsible because you're trashed?

which is why there is no point in overanalyzing it. Let the courts sort it out. The phrase you are referrring to could also apply to the 13 year old girl that Roman Polanski drugged and raped. She clearly would've been incapable of appraising her own condition" because she was drugged and then passed out and could not defend herself. The victim in this case, could've been passed out or any number of things, Let the court sort it out. No point in hypothesizing when the data we have is so limited.

gyldenlove
01-09-2011, 02:17 PM

Exactly, if you go and buy a ferrarri after downing 2 bottle of Jack Daniels and an 8-ball the contract will be void because you were not legally sane to enter into that agreement. The same is true here, the allegation is that she was in a state where she was legally unable to consent and importantly, Perrish Cox wasn't and he was aware or should have been aware that she could not consent.

bombay
01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
which is why there is no point in overanalyzing it. Let the courts sort it out. The phrase you are referrring to could also apply to the 13 year old girl that Roman Polanski drugged and raped. She clearly would've been incapable of appraising her own condition" because she was drugged and then passed out and could not defend herself. The victim in this case, could've been passed out or any number of things, Let the court sort it out. No point in hypothesizing when the data we have is so limited.

Oh, yes. Certainly a valid comparison.

Miss I.
01-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh, yes. Certainly a valid comparison.

Sensing sarcasm here. The guys on here are taking one extreme that she was just drunk and kind of dingy. My point was that the generic phrase they keep pointing out could mean the other extreme as well. Nobody knows on this forum what it means and their baseless analysis is just as useless as doing the extreme polar opposite.

if the courts decide he's not guilty then that's that and his record and reputation should be restored. If he's found guilty then the guy should do his time as required and the Broncos should be done with him.

But a larger percentage of posters find it so much more fun just to be overly literal and/or extremist. God forbid they understand the truth is grayer than that and not something they likely will ever get the full story about.

bombay
01-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Whatever.

The phrase 'incapable of appraising her own condition' still sounds like bull**** to me.

Requiem
01-09-2011, 02:47 PM
The fate of Perrish Cox?

A Hall of Fame career with either Smooth Criminal or Can't Touch This playing as he dances across the stage.

cutthemdown
01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how on Earth Macauley Culkin was banging one of the hottest chicks in the world for 8 years.....

simple he's got a ton of money.

oubronco
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM

Are you serious it hasn't even went to trial and more than likely just a hoe trying to get paid

oubronco
01-09-2011, 03:22 PM

You mean like every young guy in america

bendog
01-09-2011, 05:26 PM

if only posters on this forum offered the same to the girl.

Karenin
01-09-2011, 05:36 PM
no way man, she is a lying, cheating slut who obviously deserved it. she has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was raped and even then, she probably just ****ed the judge and jury to get her way.

/average overweight, undersexed orangemane poster

Requiem
01-09-2011, 05:44 PM
if only posters on this forum offered the same to the girl.

She isn't the defendant in the case. Are you confused on the judicial process or something?

bendog
01-10-2011, 11:09 AM
No, but if people are going to opine on her being after a payday, why bag on those opining that cox is a rapist? Aside from being hypocritical jackasses, that is.

Beantown Bronco
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
No, but if people are going to opine on her being after a payday, why bag on those opining that cox is a rapist? Aside from being hypocritical jackasses, that is.

Big difference. Not even the supposed victim in this case is alleging rape, yet some on the Mane are calling him a rapist.

bendog
01-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Big difference. Not even the supposed victim in this case is alleging rape, yet some on the Mane are calling him a rapist.

And some on the mane are calling her a liar who wasn't raped.

Beantown Bronco
01-10-2011, 11:30 AM
And some on the mane are calling her a liar who wasn't raped.

But she wasn't raped. Even she admits that.

bendog
01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
She says she consented to having sex with him?

Beantown Bronco
01-10-2011, 11:42 AM
She says she consented to having sex with him?

The charge in layman's terms is "she consented, but was too drunk (or under the influence of a drug) to legally consent."

bendog
01-10-2011, 12:45 PM
The charge in layman's terms is "she consented, but was too drunk (or under the influence of a drug) to legally consent."

That's not consent; it's rape, asshole.

edog24
01-10-2011, 12:49 PM
That's not consent; it's rape, a-hole.

Don't worry, he'll keep defending Cox for reasons that don't make any sense.

Beantown Bronco
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM

Judges and the DAs office disagree.

2KBack
01-10-2011, 12:52 PM

it might be considered rape if the girl is determined to be mentally or physically helpless. That is of course the goal of an investigation. It is not rape to get drunk and then do something you regret the next day.

Beantown Bronco
01-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Don't worry, he'll keep defending Cox for reasons that don't make any sense.

I'm not defending anyone. I am simply stating the facts.

We do not know exactly what happened that night, but we do know one fact: he is NOT being charged with rape.

If someone is charged with simple assult and battery, would you call them a murderer?

bendog
01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Dude, if you don't think ****ing some woman who is too drunk/passed out to consent is not rape you need: a. to have your ass kicked and b. to have your **** pushed after you are knocked out.

Beantown Bronco
01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Dude, if you don't think ****ing some woman who is too drunk/passed out to consent is not rape you need: a. to have your ass kicked and b. to have your **** pushed after you are knocked out.

Your understanding of the facts of this case are different from mine. Do you have any personal experience in this? I do.

I have personally seen cases where someone can face the charges Cox is facing now if the girl had the equivalent of two beers. Two. I'm willing to bet 99% of the hetero male posters here have had sex with a female after she has had two beers....

Now if we're talking about passed out drunk, that's a completely different story. But you don't have a shred of evidence that this is the state she was in.

Karenin
01-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Believe it or not, some people aren't ok with dudes that go around raping women and getting off on technicalities. But hey, whatever floats your boat, I'm sure you couldn't get laid any other way.

OABB
01-10-2011, 03:14 PM
My wife always falls asleep during sex. is that rape if I finish?

schaaf
05-02-2011, 10:12 PM
My wife always falls asleep during sex. is that rape if I finish?

That is just being a boss!!

ZONA
05-02-2011, 11:43 PM
He's an NFL football player. It shouldn't be that hard to find a hot babe who wants to have sex and be awake while doing it. Not sure of the details but it's perfectly fine to be having a good time and to have a good buz while doing your thing. But if that girl is so drunk to where she literally passes out, then it's time to pull out and call it a day.