PDA

View Full Version : Early Jan. Broncos Mock Draft.

KevinJames
01-07-2011, 10:36 PM
#2 Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - Best avaible player, fills a need, hard to pass on this guy even if Bailey returns. Best returner in college football, makes an immediate impact.
#36 Mike Pouncey, G, Florida - With Ryan Harris on the move out of Denver theres going to be a hole at the RT position, and Beadles who is a tackle playing guard can switch back from LG to RT and Mike Pouncey could fill the LG spot.
#46 Jared Crick, DL, Nebraska - DL is a huge need Crick can play both in a 4-3 or 3-4 so whatever shceme we go with he can fill a need.
#67 Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia- While RB is not a huge need it is sort of an issue Knowshon hasn't been staying healthy and the talent behind him is lack luster we got a bruiser type in Lendale and a hard runner in Knowshon, why not go with a change of space who offers the home run threat at RB and KR.

I didn't include any trades because as of right now theres no CBA and if that doesn't change we can't trade our players for draft picks, but say a CBA does get done guys I would love to see us move back into the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round for are DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson - Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon - Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss - Allen Bailey, DE/DT, Miami

Requiem
01-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Simon says this thread failed.

KevinJames
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Simon says this thread failed.

i just posted it as "ahadsha" and edited it just now

sometimes my posts dont go through so I do that and than just edit it after lol

Requiem
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
I just thought you were drunk.

I like that draft.

BowlenBall
01-07-2011, 10:50 PM
I like the players -- but only one defensive front 7 player in our first four picks? I'm hoping for at least two of the 4 to be D-linemen....

KevinJames
01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
I just thought you were drunk.

I like that draft.

lol thanks
I like the players -- but only one defensive front 7 player in our first four picks? I'm hoping for at least two of the 4 to be D-linemen....

I am definitely on board with what your saying, if there is a CBA by the draft than I could see us trading Orton for a 2nd or 3rd and with that pick we can go with a another DL.

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Stay away from Pouncey. He's not his brother and he's a bad apple.

And they need to do better than Crick regardless of scheme.

KevinJames
01-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Stay away from Pouncey. He's not his brother and he's a bad apple.

And they need to do better than Crick regardless of scheme.

Hes a clone of his brother Mike Mayock has already said that hes just as good as his brother.

Whats wrong with Crick, even without Suh this year he had a great year.

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 11:41 PM
I dislike every pick other than Crick. We have to go all out on the defensive front if we really want to fix this defense. Peterson and Crick are not enough. I'm also soured on Peterson's apparent lack of competitive fire.

1. Nick Fairley
2a. Rahim Moore
2b. Jared Crick
3. Jerrel Powe

Now that's what I'm talking about.

peacepipe
01-08-2011, 08:15 AM
#2 Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - Best avaible player, fills a need, hard to pass on this guy even if Bailey returns. Best returner in college football, makes an immediate impact.
#36 Mike Pouncey, G, Florida - With Ryan Harris on the move out of Denver theres going to be a hole at the RT position, and Beadles who is a tackle playing guard can switch back from LG to RT and Mike Pouncey could fill the LG spot.
#46 Jared Crick, DL, Nebraska - DL is a huge need Crick can play both in a 4-3 or 3-4 so whatever shceme we go with he can fill a need.
#67 Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia- While RB is not a huge need it is sort of an issue Knowshon hasn't been staying healthy and the talent behind him is lack luster we got a bruiser type in Lendale and a hard runner in Knowshon, why not go with a change of space who offers the home run threat at RB and KR.

I didn't include any trades because as of right now theres no CBA and if that doesn't change we can't trade our players for draft picks, but say a CBA does get done guys I would love to see us move back into the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round for are DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson - Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon - Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss - Allen Bailey, DE/DT, Miamiit starts well,but I hope denver goes defense with the 1st 4 picks.

GoBroncos84
01-08-2011, 09:54 AM
I've already typed up mock offseasons (draft, free agency, etc) for 4-3 and 3-4. I figured it was too early to post it, but perhaps I will reconsider now that others are posting mocks.

I like the players you drafted, but share the concern others have raised. I would want a front 7 player with that Pouncey pick.

orange crusher
01-12-2011, 07:46 PM
I could be crazy, but I don't think Pouncey will make it past Pittsburgh in the 1st.

BowlenBall
01-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I could be crazy, but I don't think Pouncey will make it past Pittsburgh in the 1st.

That would be an interesting pick -- they picked his brother in the first round last year, and still have a pretty big need for OL help....

oubronco
01-12-2011, 08:04 PM
D line d line d line

Zoobie
01-12-2011, 10:09 PM
I personally don't see Devine falling that far. With the amount of scatback types flourishing in the NFL, I can't see him falling like this. Not to mention Cal has turned out some pretty nice runners over the past 5 years. He has had a fantastic career at Cal and was only hampered by a toe injury this season, or he may have had another stellar campaign. We'll see how he does at the Senior Bowl.

OrangeSe7en
01-13-2011, 12:47 AM
I personally don't see Devine falling that far. With the amount of scatback types flourishing in the NFL, I can't see him falling like this. Not to mention Cal has turned out some pretty nice runners over the past 5 years. He has had a fantastic career at Cal and was only hampered by a toe injury this season, or he may have had another stellar campaign. We'll see how he does at the Senior Bowl.

Devine played for West Virginia.

Zoobie
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Devine played for West Virginia.

Yea sorry I was on LSD all day yesterday.

Breaker
01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
My two cents

#2 Nick Fairly, DT/DE, Auburn
#36 Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
#46 Jared Crick, DL, Nebraska.
#67 Jimmy Smith, Cornerback, Colorado .

oubronco
01-14-2011, 02:53 PM
My two cents

#36 Rahim Moore, S, UCLA

I could go for that and maybe a lb instead of a cb

gtown
01-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Crick is staying in school.

ayjackson
01-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Crick is staying in school.

He should have said Wilkerson, anyway.

Broncoman13
01-15-2011, 09:20 AM
I dislike every pick other than Crick. We have to go all out on the defensive front if we really want to fix this defense. Peterson and Crick are not enough. I'm also soured on Peterson's apparent lack of competitive fire.

1. Nick Fairley
2a. Rahim Moore
2b. Jared Crick
3. Jerrel Powe

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Have you watched Rahim Moore play at all? I haven't but have heard this is a really poor year for safeties. Hopeful that he can play b/c he would be a pretty good pick around #36-46 if he can come in and contribute in a big way from day one.

Broncoman13
01-15-2011, 09:23 AM
My two cents

#36 Rahim Moore, S, UCLA

If you want Jimmy Smith you're going to have to get him a lot earlier... may not make it to pick #46. I don't see a way that he makes it to the 3rd round.

Mediator12
01-15-2011, 09:51 AM
If you want Jimmy Smith you're going to have to get him a lot earlier... may not make it to pick #46. I don't see a way that he makes it to the 3rd round.

Yeah, I agree he is somewhere around 30-40 in most Rankings right now that include all the juniors. CB is a strange position this year. PP and Amukamara are the Elite Guys in the top 10 and then you drop all the way down to Brandon Harris, Jimmy Smith, and Aaron Williams who could all go the top of round 2.

OrangeSe7en
01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
My two cents

#36 Rahim Moore, S, UCLA

Id rather have Jalil Brown or Davon House than Jimmy Smith.

OrangeSe7en
01-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Have you watched Rahim Moore play at all? I haven't but have heard this is a really poor year for safeties. Hopeful that he can play b/c he would be a pretty good pick around #36-46 if he can come in and contribute in a big way from day one.

He had 10 INTs as a sophomore. He's a pretty good tackler.

GoBroncos84
01-15-2011, 02:41 PM
He had 10 INTs as a sophomore. He's a pretty good tackler.

Has great range and ball skills, which is exactly what we need to have next to Dawkins if he returns. That way Dawk can focus more on run support and we can have a centerfield safety making plays in coverage.

OrangeSe7en
01-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Has great range and ball skills, which is exactly what we need to have next to Dawkins if he returns. That way Dawk can focus more on run support and we can have a centerfield safety making plays in coverage.

Dawkins is done. They need a FS to replace Dawkins. But I agree that Moore is a good pick at 36.

schaaf
01-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I hope we take a look at Rahim Moore in the second or another Safety that intrigues me is Robert Sands, the man is 6'5 and weighs 221 that has to be one of the tallest safeties in the league?

GoBroncos84
01-17-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm hoping we end up with Rahim Moore or Deunta Williams. I think those are the top 2 Free Safeties in this class. Williams has dropped to a 4th rounder on some sites (CBS) after breaking his leg in the bowl game. Getting him in the 3rd or later would be an absolute steal IMO, as he has shown 1st round talent. Moore should go in the late 1st to mid 2nd, unless something changes.