PDA

View Full Version : For all Dennison fan boys...

bowtown
01-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Where's the love for Mike Sherman? Runs a West Coast offense and prefers the ZBS. Was Dennison's predicessor in Houston, but has actual real HC experience... was 57-39 in regular season as the Packer's HC.

I realize he wasn't part of the Orange Crush, and maybe didn't ever carry Alex Gibb's lunch tray, but if you think you want Dennison, why the hell aren't you clammoring for this guy?

Requiem
01-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Only sherm lovers want Sherman.

listopencil
01-07-2011, 09:26 PM
I think you'd have to find some old pic of him hanging out with Mike Shanahan/John Elway or he's not on the radar.

Rohirrim
01-07-2011, 09:30 PM
I thought about that during that game a couple of times. IMO, the Broncos should not go after an unseasoned young gun at this point in time. This team needs steady leadership from an old captain who has weathered a few storms.

lostknight
01-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Let's not go back to the name calling please. It's been nice to read the forums without getting trilled ine Josh left and Orton was demoted.

bowtown
01-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Let's not go back to the name calling please. It's been nice to read the forums without getting trilled ine Josh left and Orton was demoted.

Who called anyone a name anywhere in this thread?

yerner
01-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Not sure how you could have such a strong opinion about Dennison. I've read multiple quotes from coaches and media types that claim Dennison is quite possibly the smartest man coaching in the NFL.

bowtown
01-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Not sure how you could have such a strong opinion about Dennison. I've read multiple quotes from coaches and media types that claim Dennison is quite possibly the smartest man coaching in the NFL.

Would LOVE to read those. Please do link them here.

And for the record, I don't have SUCH a strong opinion about Dennison. I do like him. I just think there are a ton of better candidates out there. My mind is open though, please enlighten me with your multiple quotes.

spdirty
01-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm an Elway fanboy first and foremost. Whomever the Duke picks I think will be a good choice and I will support fully.

But I remember the interview process a couple years ago and Dennison blew them away with his knowledge and ideas. So I would have no problem giving him a shot.

Bronco Boy
01-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Mike Sherman is too old. He could keel over at any moment. We need continuity for once.

bowtown
01-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Mike Sherman is too old. He could keel over at any moment. We need continuity for once.

He's 56 but okay.

Bronco Boy
01-07-2011, 10:26 PM
He's 56 but okay.

Goddamn I didn't realize he was that old. It's worse than I thought.

bowtown
01-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Goddamn I didn't realize he was that old. It's worse than I thought.

;)