PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Bowl - LSU vs A&M

DarkHorse
01-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Anyone else watching to get an indicator on Patrick Peterson?

oubronco
01-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Yep it should be a good game and Go Aggie's

footstepsfrom#27
01-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Yep

BroncoSojia
01-07-2011, 05:26 PM

I am

srphoenix
01-07-2011, 05:29 PM
don't care who wins, just want to see Peterson get a pick or two and a special teams td

SouthStndJunkie
01-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Another player to keep an eye on is Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M.

footstepsfrom#27
01-07-2011, 05:33 PM
LSU has a DT ranked pretty highly...I can't remember his name but will once I see it.

BroncoSojia
01-07-2011, 05:36 PM
LSU has a DT ranked pretty highly...I can't remember his name but will once I see it.

Drake Nevis, don't know how he'd fit in a 3-4 though

SouthStndJunkie
01-07-2011, 05:37 PM

Drake Nevis.

srphoenix
01-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Drake Nevis is the guy they just mentioned, must be the one your thinking of

They haven't even gone to Peterson's side of the field yet, not that they've had to though

Requiem
01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Drake Nevis, DT from LSU is someone to keep your eye on as well. Seems like a better for a 4-3, UT. Some say he compares to Trevor Laws.

SouthStndJunkie
01-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Drake Nevis x 5.

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Drake Nevis is the guy they just mentioned, must be the one your thinking of

They haven't even gone to Peterson's side of the field yet, not that they've had to though

They probably aren't going to either. Pretty sure coaches tell their QBs to avoid Peterson like the plague.

oubronco
01-07-2011, 05:54 PM
A&M takin it to LSU

oubronco
01-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Von Miller is a stud I'd take him over Ayers please

oubronco
01-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Nice pass for the LSU TD

oubronco
01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Well you can see that A&M aren't afraid to go right at Peterson and are having success

meangene
01-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Peterson is flat out getting owned.

gtown
01-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Well you can see that A&M aren't afraid to go right at Peterson and are having success

So far, he hasn't been that impressive. He seems tentative, almost like he is playing not to get injured.

Also looks like A&M did a good job planning around him.

oubronco
01-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Peterson looks lost

AmericanBroncFan
01-07-2011, 06:39 PM
How about sherman for HC of the Broncos. He's a QB guru and west coast offense guy just like Shanny.

meangene
01-07-2011, 06:40 PM
I really think we can get a top corner in the 2nd in this draft which is deep in corners.

oubronco
01-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Sherman is a god in College Station he isn't going anywhere

oubronco
01-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Good game 21-17 LSU

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Anyone see that run by Stevan Ridley? Nice vision and feet on that run. He's 6' and 226. Could be someone later in the draft as a rotational back.

meangene
01-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Anyone see that run by Stevan Ridley? Nice vision and feet on that run. He's 6' and 226. Could be someone later in the draft as a rotational back.

God knows we need a rotation with Moreno getting hurt or winded every time he touches the ball.

oubronco
01-07-2011, 06:54 PM

Yea he's pretty quick as well

oubronco
01-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Although I'd prefer Ingram

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Although I'd prefer Ingram

Who is a 1st rounder...

DarkHorse
01-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Nothing impressive by Peterson yet, at all.

I told my wife that we're watching #7 and to expect a Champ Bailey type treatment according to what i've read about the guy. Meaning, we expected A&M to go to the opposite side of the field and take him out of the game.

That hasn't happened, they've attacked him and succeeded so far.

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Nothing impressive by Peterson yet, at all.

I told my wife that we're watching #7 and to expect a Champ Bailey type treatment according to what i've read about the guy. Meaning, we expected A&M to go to the opposite side of the field and take him out of the game.

That hasn't happened, they've attacked him and succeeded so far.

I started watching late, but that's the opposite of what I've seen so far. Did I miss something early?

That One Guy
01-07-2011, 07:11 PM
This makes me chuckle after all the debate that's occurred here lately about corners vs safeties. Many claim corners are more valuable because they can shut down half the field but then this guy who is the "OMG!!" prospect right now craps the bed in the national spotlight.

srphoenix
01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I missed a couple plays here or there but they've only thrown to his side of the field a couple times, I haven't seen him out of position yet, one catch agaisnt him was a back shoulder perfect pass too. He hasn't shown champs ability yet to sniff out and stop running plays to his side though, doesn't appear to be really trying to fight through blocks either

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
This makes me chuckle after all the debate that's occurred here lately about corners vs safeties. Many claim corners are more valuable because they can shut down half the field but then this guy who is the "OMG!!" prospect right now craps the bed in the national spotlight.

How exactly has he "crapped the bed"?

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 07:17 PM
I missed a couple plays here or there but they've only thrown to his side of the field a couple times, I haven't seen him out of position yet, one catch agaisnt him was a back shoulder perfect pass too. He hasn't shown champs ability yet to sniff out and stop running plays to his side though, doesn't appear to be really trying to fight through blocks either

That's what I've seen as well. If anything this just illustrates how CB isn't going to do jack for our defense overall. I certainly haven't seen Peterson getting exposed or anything.

peacepipe
01-07-2011, 07:20 PM
I hate to say it,but how much of him not getting into run plays has to do with him being worried about his draft status?he could lose millions if he gets hurt. colt mccoy got hurt in the game against bama, stayed out pf the game even he could've played.

srphoenix
01-07-2011, 07:30 PM
I hate to say it,but how much of him not getting into run plays has to do with him being worried about his draft status?he could lose millions if he gets hurt. colt mccoy got hurt in the game against bama, stayed out pf the game even he could've played.

There's probably a good deal of truth to this, petersons also got to know though that he's playing for a potential #2 overall pick, look crappy enough on the big stage and that could drop to #7 or somewhere in between

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 07:48 PM
I hope that wasn't an example of what you guys were talking about. He was in zone coverage...

gtown
01-07-2011, 07:52 PM
I hope that wasn't an example of what you guys were talking about. He was in zone coverage...

I say we draft him. He looked great in the soft zone that the Broncos have played the last five years.

Dutch
01-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Can't believe there are folks here that will base their opinion on Peterson on one game played after a 30+ day layoff. Whatever. Watched this kid shut down Julio Jones, A.J. Green, and just about everyone else he played 1 on 1 against for two strait years. He is solid in run support as well. Both teams running the hurry-up every play. Whew. Suprised more guys on both team's defenses aren't gassed at this point. Geaux Tigers.

Requiem
01-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Most people here dissing Patrick probably think he is Adrian's brother. Aw sheet.

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Can't believe there are folks here that will base their opinion on Peterson on one game played after a 30+ day layoff. Whatever. Watched this kid shut down Julio Jones, A.J. Green, and just about everyone else he played 1 on 1 against for two strait years. He is solid in run support as well. Both teams running the hurry-up every play. Whew. Suprised more guys on both team's defenses aren't gassed at this point. Geaux Tigers.

No one's done anything substantial against him today either from what I've seen...

DarkHorse
01-07-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm not bashing him at all, just stating exactly what i've seen from him tonight. Fuller used him early in the game, can't deny that.

I'd still be happy with him as a #2 pick because i'm still skeptical about all of the DL prospects.

I expected to watch Peterson dominate and take this game over, my fault I should not have been so amped up to see him tonight. Perhaps my expectations were too high or these Aggie people suck that bad.

Keep in mind I don't watch much junior football, i'm sure I missed a lot of Petersons plays during the actual season. But on the National stage, with all the hype and my blown up expectations - it's been a letdown thus far. That Fuller kid was putting it on him early in the game. Of course now it's pretty much over, these A&M guys can't figure out what the hell is happening to them.

DarkHorse
01-07-2011, 08:03 PM
No one's done anything substantial against him today either from what I've seen...

And you admit to coming into the game late. Prior to this being out of hand, Fuller had dragged him around the field.

Dagmar
01-07-2011, 08:04 PM
PeterBurnsRadio (http://twitter.com/#%21/PeterBurnsRadio) Peter Burns

If I'm Patrick Peterson, I just pull up with cramps so as not to hurt my Top 10 draft status.

Sounds right...

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 08:08 PM
And you admit to coming into the game late. Prior to this being out of hand, Fuller had dragged him around the field.

Well since I started watching A&M hasn't managed anything against him. How many catches did Fuller have on him early?

DarkHorse
01-07-2011, 08:10 PM
6 for 72 as it sits now.

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 08:11 PM
6 for 72 as it sits now.

Err...just because he has 6 catches doesn't mean they are all on Peterson...

gtown
01-07-2011, 08:12 PM
I've watched this game from beginning to end. It looks like he is playing not to get injured. Fuller has manhandled him in run support, and he has been targeted successfully in man and zone coverage. Still, would like to see the guy at least make an effort. Not a good example to set in a game that should be important to him.

DarkHorse
01-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Fuller is a Junior, looks pretty good to be honest.

2010 65cth 983yds 15.1avg 69lng 12tds

DarkHorse
01-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Err...just because he has 6 catches doesn't mean they are all on Peterson...

Err, I understand that. But i've been watching since kickoff and i'll bet 5 of them have been, at least.

Peterson has been on him almost exclusively.

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Honestly, I've been more impressed with that freshman, Simon. That guy is 6'4.

DarkHorse
01-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I've watched this game from beginning to end. It looks like he is playing not to get injured. Fuller has manhandled him in run support, and he has been targeted successfully in man and zone coverage. Still, would like to see the guy at least make an effort. Not a good example to set in a game that should be important to him.

I'm getting that feeling as well, this isn't the guy who i've been reading about for the last 2 weeks. At least I hope to God it isn't.

He's been very easily blocked out of the play when they run to his side, he just doesn't look like he wants to mix it up at all. I'm sure being up by 18 is allowing him to scale it back. I hope.

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm getting that feeling as well, this isn't the guy who i've been reading about for the last 2 weeks. At least I hope to God it isn't.

He's been very easily blocked out of the play when they run to his side, he just doesn't look like he wants to mix it up at all. I'm sure being up by 18 is allowing him to scale it back. I hope.

I've definitely noticed that. He's been getting owned by blocks all night. Rather weak for such a big corner.

DarkHorse
01-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Cool, they're showing some more life with 10 minutes left. Game is ramping up a little bit.

Von Miller? OLB? Texas, quick and around the ball a lot it seems.

DarkHorse
01-07-2011, 08:27 PM
I've definitely noticed that. He's been getting owned by blocks all night. Rather weak for such a big corner.

I'm convinced the guy has pretty much taken the night off. Don't blame him one bit tho considering he knows pretty much where he's going in the draft. Protect your best interest first.

The momentum seems to be changing a bit, will be interesting to see if he's takes it up a notch.

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Cool, they're showing some more life with 10 minutes left. Game is ramping up a little bit.

Von Miller? OLB? Texas, quick and around the ball a lot it seems.

I like Von Miller a lot. He's kind of small for a 3-4 OLB, but he's a great all-around player.

Requiem
01-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I like Von Miller a lot. He's kind of small for a 3-4 OLB, but he's a great all-around player.

No, he isn't small at all. James Harrison ring a bell?

His size isn't an issue. He can play ball and fit in any scheme.

You are pretty bad with player evaluation.

Hamrob
01-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Peterson looks like he usually looks. Above average talent...not worth the overall #2 pick!

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Terrance Tolliver is having a big game. He was a big time recruit that hasn't done a whole lot. It could have been the QB though. Either way, he might have been a nice pick for someone but it will be interesting to see if his stock goes up because of this game.

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Peterson looks like he usually looks. Above average talent...not worth the overall #2 pick!

The above average talent that shut down the top 2 WRs in the country.

That said, his lack of competitive intensity and toughness tonight loses him some points in my eyes.

Requiem
01-07-2011, 08:35 PM

Yeah, above average talents usually win Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC and are considered one of the best prospects to come out at his position in a decade, and is considered the best DB in one of the best DB classes in the past decade.

God you are an idiot.

oubronco
01-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah, above average talents usually win Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC and are considered one of the best prospects to come out at his position in a decade, and is considered the best DB in one of the best DB classes in the past decade.

God you are an idiot.

Sorry i've been watching all game and i'm not that impressed either

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Odd that they overturned the turnover from a penalty that took place after change of possession...

Requiem
01-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Sorry i've been watching all game and i'm not that impressed either

Adrian Peterson had a lukewarm performance against the Broncos in the Fiesta Bowl the year he declared. How impressed were you on his play in that game? Did it take away from any of his accomplishments and accolades he had earned in his time with the Sooners? Of course not, he was a legitimate top ten selection (projected) and became one for good reason, because he was an elite prospect and enormously talented player.

razorwire77
01-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm as big a Peterson proponent as anyone of these boards, but he definitely had an off night. He seemed tight the entire game. Still, if you look at his body of work for 2 years and the physicality he played with in the SEC, he's still a top 5 pick.

Mediator12
01-07-2011, 09:17 PM
That was a game where an NFL coach gameplanned around a CB and made him worthless, letting 2 freshmen CB's look good, while making Peterson look lost. He lulled him to sleep, then went after him.

Peterson is good people, but tonight he looked like a freshman playing his first bowl game. In fact, it was the other 2 CB's that looked solid. Simon and Mathieu played much better than Peterson and he disappeared for a couple of series literally. I was worried he got injured.

I will say this, you never grade a player on one game's worth of film, but that film counts too. That was not a good game by Peterson, in fact he looked disinterested. And, that will be the last film teams get on him as he does not get a post season bowl to supplement that poor performance. Not what you want to see from an underclassman who declares early.

Rohirrim
01-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Peterson was a let down, but of course, after all the build-up, I expected fireworks to come out of his ass.

Play2win
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Peterson was a let down, but of course, after all the build-up, I expected fireworks to come out of his ass.

He was no William Wallace, that is for sure ;D

KevinJames
01-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Patrick Peterson was thrown at like 4 or 5 times, he had 1 or 2 catches directly on him in what looked like man coverage the others looked like zone.

I didn't see him get "owned" "burned" or "worked" like people are trying to say in this thread.

He didn't have a great game but he also didn't have a bad one. Hes still the best defensive player in this draft.

schaaf
01-07-2011, 11:35 PM
The only thing that left me wondering was he looked like he could not get off his blocks.

Like others said previously I wonder if he was kinda playing half speed because in video of him I was VERY impressed with his ability to play the run.

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Patrick Peterson was thrown at like 4 or 5 times, he had 1 or 2 catches directly on him in what looked like man coverage the others looked like zone.

I didn't see him get "owned" "burned" or "worked" like people are trying to say in this thread.

He didn't have a great game but he also didn't have a bad one. Hes still the best defensive player in this draft.

Pretty much what I saw. That said, his lack of effort against the run game left me cold. Honestly, he just doesn't look like the kind of intense competitor I want on my team.

bap454
01-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Pretty much what I saw. That said, his lack of effort against the run game left me cold. Honestly, he just doesn't look like the kind of intense competitor I want on my team.

This is exactlly what I was thinking. No intensity. Looked like he was just going through the motions and not chasing plays. Just waiting for someone else to finish tackles. I would have liked to seen him chase plays to the end and stick his nose in where ever he could. We ve seen way to much of this through the year for us.

broncogary
01-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Fuller is a Junior, looks pretty good to be honest.

2010 65cth 983yds 15.1avg 69lng 12tds

Fuller is the son of the other Jeff Fuller, former 49'ers safety. He's about 6' 4", 215, and will probably go in the top two rounds when he comes out.

oubronco
01-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Adrian Peterson had a lukewarm performance against the Broncos in the Fiesta Bowl the year he declared. How impressed were you on his play in that game? Did it take away from any of his accomplishments and accolades he had earned in his time with the Sooners? Of course not, he was a legitimate top ten selection (projected) and became one for good reason, because he was an elite prospect and enormously talented player.

Give me Dareus

Bigdawg26
01-08-2011, 07:44 AM
I know I as on the peterson bang wagon before hand, but now I see we really need to get a dominant D-linemen to make an impact on D. I am all on board for either Darues or Farley with us grabbing a corner and another D-linemen in the second. Although Von Miller really looks impressive.

Mediator12
01-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Uh, no. He was thrown at 7 times for 6 catches and 80 yards last night. All but one of those catches was man coverage as well. I would not say he played terrible, but he did not play like a shutdown CB.

And, he might be the most talented Defender in this draft, but the best defensive player title is no longer a foregone conclusion. The one thing that rubbed me the wrong way was his mentality last night. He looked disinterested early and never picked up his play. I did not see the fierceness I have seen in a big game from him before. Almost like he played down to the competition. Just disappointing really.

However, Like Requiem said its just one game, and his other tape is much better than that performance last night. I just wanted to see more.

Pony Boy
01-08-2011, 08:22 AM
I was really disappointed that A&M didn't target Peterson more in the game didn't they get the memo that we needed them to give him a total workout....the sorry bastards

We should be able to get a good look at Fairley, Oregon stated they will double team him on every play but that's nothing new he's had that all year.

worm
01-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Peterson is on record as really wanting to play for the Cowboys.

Couple that with a team known for dealing in the 1st round and who have a dire need for elite secondary help and you have a perfect recipe for a Bronco trade down scenario.

My prediction is a trade with Dallas in the 1st. #2 for #9 ++++.

meangene
01-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Peterson is on record as really wanting to play for the Cowboys.

Couple that with a team known for dealing in the 1st round and who have a dire need for elite secondary help and you have a perfect recipe for a Bronco trade down scenario.

My prediction is a trade with Dallas in the 1st. #2 for #9 ++++.

Maybe if we had a real GM...