PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Koetter

BigPlayShay
01-07-2011, 02:59 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/johnelway/status/23513125479256064

@johnelway
John Elway: Just received permission to speak with Jaguars Offensive Coordinator Dirk Koetter. Previously was HC at Arizona State and Boise State.

Gcver2ver3
01-07-2011, 03:01 PM
who?...

BigPlayShay
http://www.jaguars.com/team/images/headshots/2688.pngDirk Koetter
Offensive Coordinator

Dirk Koetter was named Jaguars offensive coordinator on January 10, 2007, and he is now in his fourth season running the Jaguars offense. Known for his expertise of the passing offense, Koetter has 28 years of coaching experience including nine as a college head coach. Prior to joining the Jaguars Koetter served as head coach at Boise State from 1998-2000 and at Arizona State from 2001-06.

Through Koetter’s first three years with the Jaguars (2007-09), the offense ranks 13th in NFL total offense (337.7 yards per game), seventh in rushing (129.0), tenth in first downs (19.6), fifth in third-down conversions (43.9%), sixth in average per rush (4.4), fifth in fewest giveaways (68) and first with only 31 interceptions thrown.

Last year the offense ranked fourth in the league in third-down conversions (45.1%) and produced six plays of 60+ yards along with three games with 400+ yards of total offense.

In his first season with the Jaguars, Koetter directed a record-breaking season by the offense as the unit set franchise single-season records for points (411, 25.7 avg.), touchdowns (50), touchdown passes (28) and yards per play (5.6). The Jaguars ranked seventh in the NFL in offense (357.4), tied for the second-highest ranking in franchise history, totaled 400-plus yards in a team-record seven games and scored 24 or more points in 10 consecutive games for the first time in team history. Quarterback David Garrard in his first season as the starter ranked third in the NFL with a 102.2 passer rating and threw an NFL-low three interceptions. Garrard threw for a career-high 3,620 yards in 2008 including the first two 300-yard games of his career.

Koetter led Arizona State to four bowl games in his six seasons and finished with a 40-34 record. While also serving as offensive coordinator, Koetter helped the Sun Devils average nearly 30 points per game over six seasons and the team was ranked in the top 20 in the nation in passing offense in five of his six seasons.

Koetter molded Arizona State's all-time leading passer in Andrew Walter, its top career receiver in Derek Hagan and the top tight end in school history in Zach Miller. Walter, who played his final three seasons under Koetter, left as the Pac-10's career leader for touchdown passes with 85, surpassing John Elway who threw for 77 touchdowns at Stanford from 1979-82. Hagan, who was a third-round pick of the Miami Dolphins in 2006, finished with a school-record 14 career 100-yard receiving games. Miller finished the 2006 season as the school's all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards for a tight end and was one of three finalists for the John Mackey Award.

In 2005, ASU finished second in the nation in total offense, averaging 519.1 yards per game and third in the nation with 373.4 passing yards per game. In 2004, Koetter led ASU to a 9-3 record and finished the season ranked 19th in the Associated Press Poll. After finishing 4-7 in his first season at ASU, Koetter directed the program to an 8-6 mark in 2002 and a berth in the Holiday Bowl.

Prior to taking over ASU, Koetter spent three seasons as head coach at Boise State where he compiled a 26-10 mark and two consecutive bowl victories. He was a two-time Big West Coach of the Year honoree and two-time conference champion.

A native of Pocatello, Idaho, Koetter played four seasons at Idaho State as the team won a Division I-AA national championship. He graduated in 1981 with a bachelor’s degree in physical education and earned a master’s degree the following year in athletic administration. Following his graduation, he became head coach at Highland High at age 23 where he compiled a career record of 19-4 and won the 1984 state championship.

Koetter spent the 1985 season as offensive coordinator at San Francisco State and from 1986-88 as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the University of Texas El-Paso. Prior to taking over at Boise State, Koetter served as offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Missouri from 1989-93 and offensive coordinator at Boston College (1994-95) and Oregon (1996-97).

Koetter, 51, and his wife, Kim, have two daughters, Kaylee and Kendra, and two sons, Derek and Davis.

COACHING

BACKGROUND

San Francisco State 1985, Texas-El Paso 1986-88, Missouri 1989-93, Boston College 1994-95, Oregon 1996-97, Boise State (head coach) 1998-2000, Arizona State (head coach) 2001-06, Jacksonville Jaguars 2007-10

Gcver2ver3
kidding...he might be a good fit for tebow considering he coaches a running qb...

Dr. Broncenstein
01-07-2011, 03:02 PM
That name is razor sharp... like it could cut glass.

jbones733
01-07-2011, 03:03 PM
now we start reaching out to people,

who the F is this guy ?????

frerottenextelway
Wiki

Koetter was the head coach at Highland High School for two seasons (1983–84) before becoming a full-time college assistant coach.

His college coaching career began in 1985 as the offensive coordinator at San Francisco State, then to UTEP (1986–88), Missouri (1989–93), Boston College (1994–95), and Oregon (1996–97).

Dirk Koetter was the head coach for three seasons at Boise State from 1998–2000, before moving to Arizona State in 2001. His record with the Broncos was 26-10 (.722), with two Big West Conference titles and two bowl victories.

At Arizona State, Koetter compiled a 40-34 record, and four winning seasons in six years. Under Koetter, the Sun Devils became known for a vertical passing attack. He held a 1-11 record against top 10 teams (Oregon 2002), and was 2-19 against ranked teams.

On November 26, 2006, the Arizona Republic reported that Koetter was being terminated as ASU football coach.[1] His final game was the 2006 Hawaii Bowl on Christmas Eve, a 24-41 loss to the host team.

In 2007, Koetter accepted the position of offensive coordinator for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL. In his first season with the Jaguars, the offense improved from 10th in the league (338.9 yards per game) to 7th (357.4 yards per game). Koetter has been instrumental in the development of Jaguars offensive players Maurice Jones-Drew, Mike Sims-Walker, and Marcedes Lewis.

Chris
I like that we're doing our homework.

I like Elway's new "touch point".

Jens1893
01-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I hear Dan Hawkins is available as well if they want former Boise guys.

peacepipe
01-07-2011, 03:06 PM
are you kidding me? how many interviews have they done that already considering the scraps off of mediocre teams.

bendog
01-07-2011, 03:06 PM
I hear Dan Hawkins is available as well if they want former Boise guys.

I said that first.

frerottenextelway
01-07-2011, 03:08 PM
are you kidding me? how many interviews have they done that already considering the scraps off of mediocre teams.

We can't interview anyone from 8 of the top 12 teams.

Rulon Velvet Jones
Welcome back.

lostknight
Yuck. Wow. Erf. Jaguars offense isn't exactly a blockbuster.

I'm really starting to lean towords Dennison or Studesville myself.

ColoradoBuff
oh please no!!!!!

Rulon Velvet Jones
And there's little harm in interviewing a number of guys and doing your due diligence. If anything, it gives you an outsiders' prospective of your organization.

Natedog24
01-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Decent offensive minded coach, his teams for the most part were TERRIBLE on D at ASU though. No thanks...

titan
01-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Koetter was considered a reach when his name came up for the CU Buffs coaching job - now the broncos are considering him?

serious hops
01-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Somebody needs to tell Elway to throw out his old Crush coaching wishlists.

Inkana7
Yuck. Wow. Erf. Jaguars offense isn't exactly a blockbuster.

I'm really starting to lean towords Dennison or Studesville myself.

While the Jags aren't explosive, they control the ball and have a great rushing attack and rarely turn the ball over. Nothing wrong with that.

frerottenextelway
And there's little harm in interviewing a number of guys and doing your due diligence. If anything, it gives you an outsiders' prospective of your organization.

Yep. It also gives you some more to compare the other interviews with. People need to be a little more patient and a little less retarded.

Mile High Shack
I'm the anti-panic guy right now, but this dude seems like a no to me, can't hurt to do some do-diligence on some dudes I suppose

I remember his teams always struggling at ASU

ghwk
01-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Dirk Diggler???

field n.
01-07-2011, 03:12 PM
In 2006, Sam Keller and Rudy Carpenter competed for the Arizona State Sun Devils starting quarterback spot. At the end of August before the regular season started, Koetter named Keller, a senior, the starter.

One day later, the sophomore Carpenter went into Koetter's office with his daddy and they informed the coach of the quarterback's plan to transfer.

Koetter sucked up to Carpenter's daddy and changed his mind and named Carpenter the starter. Keller transferred to Nebraska.

Lesson of the story: Koetter has no balls!!! **** HIM AND EVERY FAGGET HERE LIKE TSIGUY THAT WANTS TO GOBBLE HIS NUTS.

Smiling Assassin27
01-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Up yo nose wid a rubbah hose, Mr. Kaw-tear...

http://www.consumer-guides.info/consumer-images/welcome_back_kotter.jpg

Inkana7
01-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Lesson of the story: Koetter has no balls!!! **** HIM AND EVERY FAGGET HERE LIKE TSIGUY THAT WANTS TO GOBBLE HIS NUTS.

Preserved for posterity. The All-around ignorance is just awesome.

frerottenextelway
01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
In 2006, Sam Keller and Rudy Carpenter competed for the Arizona State Sun Devils starting quarterback spot. At the end of August before the regular season started, Koetter named Keller, a senior, the starter.

One day later, the sophomore Carpenter went into Koetter's office with his daddy and they informed the coach of the quarterback's plan to transfer.

Koetter sucked up to Carpenter's daddy and changed his mind and named Carpenter the starter. Keller transferred to Nebraska.

Welcome to the forum again.

snowspot66
now we start reaching out to people,

who the F is this guy ?????

Apparently a pretty competent and experienced guy. But we wouldn't want that because we've never heard of him.

yerner
Former Scum Devil Trash. No thanks.

broncs2bowl
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I honestly dont see how Tebow is much different from Garrard

Gcver2ver3
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
While the Jags aren't explosive, they control the ball and have a great rushing attack and rarely turn the ball over. Nothing wrong with that.

thats what i was thinking...

a ball control offense that keeps the defense off the field and can create yardage on the ground wouldn't hurt my feelings...

offenses like that don't always put up the flashy numbers but its an effective strategy when properly executed...

snowspot66
01-07-2011, 03:18 PM

So who's alternate account might you be?

frerottenextelway
01-07-2011, 03:18 PM
A ZBS guy?

bendog
01-07-2011, 03:19 PM
I honestly dont see how Tebow is much different from Garrard

yeah but the thing is the guy is pretty much a fail till he comes to a team that already had Jones-Drew and Garrard. His college experience is not awe inspiring.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Koetter was considered a reach when his name came up for the CU Buffs coaching job - now the broncos are considering him?

He wasn't considered a reach, Mike Bohn told Koetter to GFH when they heard he was interested in the opening.

So now we're at the point where Elway wants to interview someone that even CU wanted to no part of?

snowspot66
01-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Everybody panic!!!!!

broncs2bowl
01-07-2011, 03:24 PM
yeah but the thing is the guy is pretty much a fail till he comes to a team that already had Jones-Drew and Garrard. His college experience is not awe inspiring.

A little off topic from the Jags Coordinator, Garrard is never mentioned as one of the top tier QBs which I completely agree with. And with his skillset being almost entirely identical to Tim Tebow, What is so exciting about Tebow?

peacepipe
01-07-2011, 03:27 PM
A little off topic from the Jags Coordinator, Garrard is never mentioned as one of the top tier QBs which I completely agree with. And with his skillset being almost entirely identical to Tim Tebow, What is so exciting about Tebow?

he's jesus christ reincarnated...didn't you know?

frerottenextelway
01-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Perhaps we should make Tebow the Vice President and Elway the quarterback?

snowspot66
01-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Uhhh Tebow is a superior athlete and while Garrard has clearly reached his peak we have no idea where Tebow will peak at.

edog24
wow

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Yep. It also gives you some more to compare the other interviews with. People need to be a little more patient and a little less retarded.

Yeah, uh... good luck with all that around here.

Dedhed
01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
While the Jags aren't explosive, they control the ball and have a great rushing attack and rarely turn the ball over. Nothing wrong with that.I was going to say that I like the philosophy behind the Jags offense. I know next to nothing about Dirk, but Garrard is a poor man's Tebow.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-07-2011, 03:37 PM
He wasn't considered a reach, Mike Bohn told Koetter to GFH when they heard he was interested in the opening.

So now we're at the point where Elway wants to interview someone that even CU wanted to no part of?

Say it with me, now.

IT.

Is just.

An interview.

Come in off the ledge, ladies. It's okay to interview a lot of people for an important position. That's why major corporations do it all the ****ing time.

This place is ridiculous.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Say it with me, now.

IT.

Is just.

An interview.

Come in off the ledge, ladies. It's okay to interview a lot of people for an important position. That's why major corporations do it all the ****ing time.

This place is ridiculous.

Say it with me now.

He's

Never

Done

Anything

To

Ever

To

Be

Considered

For

an

NFL

Head Coaching

Position.

The fact that they even asked for permission to speak with him is embarassing.

broncs2bowl
01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Uhhh Tebow is a superior athlete and while Garrard has clearly reached his peak we have no idea where Tebow will peak at.

why cuz he benches more? Their running styles are very similar in the NFL, Tebow no longer tries to bull people over like in college over as evidenced in his first three starts.

They both have decent arms with questionable technique. They both look to run and run with more power than other running QBs. They both have a great deep ball.

Homer Simpson
01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:xA1LS-ZB1Em8TM::yeeha.org/enterhtml/stranger/Bottom_Of_The_Barrel.html&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfIPK8gbatodLvBL5orBlEFvk3DWQ

Archer81
01-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Say it with me now.

He's

Never

Done

Anything

To

Ever

To

Be

Considered

For

an

NFL

Head Coaching

Position.

Not embarassing. He might fit what the team is looking for. Its just an interview.

:Broncos:

montrose
01-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Well, Mike Smith was an unknown from Jacksonville...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-07-2011, 03:45 PM

"You know what, on second thought, some schmuck on a Broncos message board says a guy who's been a coach his entire life has no business being considered for a head coaching job. We're obviously going to take his advice on this."

I don't see looking under every rock for the right fit as a bad thing.

Just curious: were you one of the folks that was complaining over and over again about how Denver didn't interview enough people last time around? You interview everyone. Maybe he'll wow them. Maybe he won't. Maybe he'll be a great fit. Maybe he'd be terrible, and he won't be hired. But talking to him isn't the end of the world that you apparently want it to be, Sally.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
01-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Well, Mike Smith was an unknown from Jacksonville...

What happened to your Mark Mularkey avatar, cum stain?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-07-2011, 03:55 PM

That's "Cumstein." Montrose is Jewish.

Taco John
01-07-2011, 03:56 PM

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8930/9tguwk.jpg

montrose
01-07-2011, 03:57 PM

Killed it when he dissed our team, semin guzzler.

snowspot66
01-07-2011, 04:00 PM
why cuz he benches more? Their running styles are very similar in the NFL, Tebow no longer tries to bull people over like in college over as evidenced in his first three starts.

They both have decent arms with questionable technique. They both look to run and run with more power than other running QBs. They both have a great deep ball.

Because at the combine he was at the top of nearly every drill, and flat out was at the top of most, and that includes WR, RB, CB, S, everything.

It's not even close. Tebow is a monster all around athlete like few before him.

If you can't see greater potential in Tebow than Garrard then I don't know what to tell you.

vanbrugh
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Christ montrose - Elway looks like he's keeping pat upright in that shot!

oubronco
01-07-2011, 04:05 PM

Hilarious! :thumbsup:

TheReverend
01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Jesus...

Gcver2ver3
01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Killed it when he dissed our team, semin guzzler.

the avy...

um...is elway holding the old man upright?...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Because at the combine he was at the top of nearly every drill, and flat out was at the top of most, and that includes WR, RB, CB, S, everything.

It's not even close. Tebow is a monster all around athlete like few before him.

If you can't see greater potential in Tebow than Garrard then I don't know what to tell you.

You have lost all perspective on the matter.

DomCasual
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
who?...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QVS3WNt7yRU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QVS3WNt7yRU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Homer Simpson
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Elway has been at this since Wednesday officially though. Taking time over this isn't a bad thing. We need to get this right.

oubronco
01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
the avy...

um...is elway holding the old man upright?...

giving him a handjob

bombay
01-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Koetter reminds me of Hawkins. Please, no.

Homer Simpson
01-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Koetter reminds me of Hawkins. Please, no.

No.

No.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!

LetsGoBroncos
01-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I was a student at ASU when Koetter was the head coach. All I can say is if we hire him WE ARE SCREWED

Gcver2ver3
01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
giving him a handjob

oh okay...

for a second there, i thought it was weird...

snowspot66
01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
You have lost all perspective on the matter.

Tell me where I'm wrong. The guy is a clearly superior athlete and the greatest college football player ever. If that's not more potential than David Garrard then you don't know your head from your ass.

2KBack
01-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I was a student at ASU when Koetter was the head coach. All I can say is if we hire him WE ARE SCREWED

I tried to walk on at ASU while he was coach. I don't think Denver would be screwed, I don't think he would be overly successful either. Coach Koetter managed to make ASU relevant, even if we did get crushed by USC and Oregon on an annual basis. Dennis Erikson was a moderately successful Pro-coach and he can't make ASU competitive at all.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Tell me where I'm wrong. The guy is a clearly superior athlete and the greatest college football player ever. If that's not more potential than David Garrard then you don't know your head from your ass.

You fail to take into account ANY of Tim Tebow's shortcomings or possible weaknesses. You stop just short of beginning work on Tebow's bust for Canton.

You. Have lost. All perspective.

TheReverend
01-07-2011, 04:45 PM
You fail to take into account ANY of Tim Tebow's shortcomings or possible weaknesses. You stop just short of beginning work on Tebow's bust for Canton.

You. Have lost. All perspective.

You should hit up a mirror. He's talking about Garrard, not Manning.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-07-2011, 04:51 PM
You should hit up a mirror. He's talking about Garrard, not Manning.

Actually, he's talking about Tebow, making a case that because he was great in college, he's a sure thing in the pros.

This thread is comparing styles, not ability, not upside, downside, or anything else. Playing styles.

peacepipe
01-07-2011, 04:52 PM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/01/danny-wuerffel-not-tim-tebow-remains-the-greatest-uf-football-player-in-history.html

he's not even the best QB to ever play at UF.

Let’s look at the numbers:
Both Tebow and Wuerffel won one national title and a Heisman as a starting quarterback. Yes, Tebow was a contributor to a second national title but Chris Leak, not Tebow, was the starter in 2006.

And don’t forget, Wuerffel as a starter led his team to TWO national title games; Tebow as a stater led his team to one national title game. Wuerffel also gets extra credit for being the first Gator quarterback to lead his team to a national title. I’ve made this comparison before with Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer, but I’ll make it again with Tebow and Wuerffel: Tebow is like Boeing, a company that makes a great airplane these days and and has come up with many new aeronautical innovations. Wuerffel is the Wright Brothers.

Then there is this: UF fans, coaches and players always say that winning the Southeastern Conference title is the most important goal every season. Well, then, Tebow’s teams won only two Southeastern Conference championships; Wuerffel’s teams won four.

Statistically, there’s no question Tebow was a much better runner than Wuerffel, but Wuerrfel was unquestionably the better passer. He finished his career with 10,875 passing yards and an SEC record 114 TD passes. Tebow finished his career with 9,286 passing yards and 88 TD passes. What do you think? Is Tim Tebow really greater than Danny Wuerffel?

I say no.

Timmy Terrific may be a bigger icon, but Danny Wonderful is still the greatest Gator football player of all-time

TheReverend
01-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Actually, he's talking about Tebow, making a case that because he was great in college, he's a sure thing in the pros.

This thread is comparing styles, not ability, not upside, downside, or anything else. Playing styles.

I know he's talking about Tebow. He called him a superior athlete to Garrard and you told him he lost all perspective. He cited examples and you threw a fit.

Argue his points with some facts or opinions, until then, you're the one missing perspective on this conversation.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Not embarassing. He might fit what the team is looking for. Its just an interview.

:Broncos:

He'll come cheap? Is that what they're looking for?

15th in yds and 18th in scoring this year.

Yeah, that just screams HC candidate.

Broncoman13
01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Funny, I said the same thing when the Falcons hired their HC... WHO? I also thought Sean Payton was going to be in over his head. And then I thought that Josh McDaniels would set the league on fire... instead he set our team on fire and then was lucky enough to get voted off the island before the whole thing exploded!

I won't judge who we bring in until he has the opportunity to prove his worth on the field. If we were going to get a "big name" you would already hear about the Broncos reaching out to Gruden and Cowher. We are going with the approach that the sum of all parts is greater than any one individual. Fill out the coaching staff with all Bs as opposed to an A coach and C and D position coaches. Of course we did retain a D in X.

peacepipe
01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMV_fig6hM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMV_fig6hM)

tim tebow crying after loss in 2009 sec championship game.

Gcver2ver3
01-07-2011, 05:00 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/01/danny-wuerffel-not-tim-tebow-remains-the-greatest-uf-football-player-in-history.html

he's not even the best QB to ever play at UF.

ugh...that comparison to wuerffel was drenched in fail...nothing against you, i'm just referenceing the article you pasted...

Tebow is in a whole different world than Wuerffel...

i won't even get into the ridiculous numbers Tebow put up...i'll just say that Tebow would never get blown out by Nebraska they way Danny did in the 95 season...

Vegas_Bronco
01-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Dirk and Marv Lewis both went to IDAHO STATE...as did Merril Hoge, not to mention...Jared Allen. Dirk is one hell of a coach and had a big influence in ASU's success on offense. Im not sure he's ready for an nfl rebuild job...but who knows...with the right coordinators, I would love to see his positive influence on a pretty down and out club. He actually recruited players that became monsters under his eye....he can honestly bring out potential in an athlete like no one else and would be HUGE for a young team. I like him best as an Off Coordinator.

peacepipe
01-07-2011, 05:05 PM
ugh...that comparison to wuerffel was drenched in fail...nothing against you, i'm just referenceing the article you pasted...

Tebow is in a whole different world than Wuerffel...

i won't even get into the ridiculous numbers Tebow put up...i'll just say that Tebow would never get blown out by Nebraska they way Danny did in the 95 season...

it wasn't as bad but 32-13 loss isn't something to write home about either.

frerottenextelway
01-07-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMV_fig6hM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMV_fig6hM)

tim tebow crying after loss in 2009 sec championship game.

When people talk about Tebow haters, this is the kind of stuff people are talking about.

peacepipe
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
wuerrful finished his career with 10,875 passing yards and an sec record 114 td passes. Tebow finished his career with 9,286 passing yards and 88 td passes

these facts don't matter? granted Tebow can run the ball,but Tebow isn't in the SEC nomore.

oubronco
01-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Damn Wuerrful had quite a career at Fla

peacepipe
01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
When people talk about Tebow haters, this is the kind of stuff people are talking about.Admittedly,this may be considered a low blow but I've never been a fan of players crying in a loss. wether its tebow or that kid morrison from duke who cried on the floor.

frerottenextelway
01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Here's a comparison:

Wuerffel was 4-6 in his career in the NFL, Orton was 3-10 this year. Which one is better?

Steve Sewell
01-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Oh hell no, this guy was bad in the college ranks.

peacepipe
01-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Here's a comparison:

Wuerffel was 4-6 in his career in the NFL, Orton was 3-10 this year. Which one is better? what you do in college means very little to what you do in the NFL,and that includes Tebow.

Steve Sewell
01-07-2011, 05:22 PM

You need to pull this sucker out more often.

RaiderH8r
01-07-2011, 05:25 PM
I hear Tom Cable is available.

cutthemdown
01-07-2011, 06:00 PM
What a joke an offensive coordinator who has never had a top 10 offense. Yeah that makes since. If we have a lockout we wont even get time for new coach to get his system going.

I think there is a real chance we go 4-12 again next yr. The Broncos are in total chaos. Elway is learning on the job, Xanders is the worst GM in football and the team has no coaches.

It's going to be another long year for Denver Broncos football.

TheReverend
01-07-2011, 06:20 PM
What a joke an offensive coordinator who has never had a top 10 offense. Yeah that makes since. If we have a lockout we wont even get time for new coach to get his system going.

I think there is a real chance we go 4-12 again next yr. The Broncos are in total chaos. Elway is learning on the job, Xanders is the worst GM in football and the team has no coaches.

It's January...

oubronco
01-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Peggy is available you inspire her

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/photos/stylus/148186-DISOCVER_LARGE.jpg

Dagmar
01-07-2011, 06:33 PM

http://asset.soup.io/asset/0960/8986_95b1.jpeg

Dagmar
01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Peggy is available you inspire her

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/photos/stylus/148186-DISOCVER_LARGE.jpg

:rofl: :thumbs: :rofl:

go_broncos
01-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Are we seriously interviewing Dirk Koetter???..He is considered one of the worst OC in NFL.
WTF..

meangene
01-07-2011, 06:44 PM
This guy ranks right there with Dennison. I'm all for interviewing a number of "qualified" candidates, not scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Houshyamama
01-07-2011, 06:54 PM
ASU alma mater here who attended school during most of his tenure. A big time NO from me.

Soft, soft, and some more soft thrown in for good measure. I'd crap my pants in agony if we hire this retard.

jbones733
01-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Perhaps we should make Tebow the Vice President and Elway the quarterback?

:rofl:

jbones733
01-07-2011, 07:00 PM
please cancel this interview

titan
01-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Reason Elway wants to interview Koetter:

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/titanphotos/islegreen.jpg

Just watch - the interview will be in Jacksonville so John can get a few rounds in at TPC Sawgrass.

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2011, 07:10 PM

Is that because Jacksonville has been a running team primarily and running teams don't produce yardage like passing teams?

peacepipe
01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Is that because Jacksonville has been a running team primarily and running teams don't produce yardage like passing teams?

How successful has jax been?

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2011, 07:19 PM
How successful has jax been?

I don't really see the relevance of asking this. This makes as much sense as blaming Rivera for SD's woeful special teams.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't really see the relevance of asking this. This makes as much sense as blaming Rivera for SD's woeful special teams.

Seriously? He's the offensive coordinator and you don't think it's relevant to ask how successful he's been? Nice attempt at a dodge, and people judge Rivera on the Bolts Total and Scoring Defenses

And Koetter's time as OC:

07- 7th (Yardage) and 6th (Scoring)
08- 20th and 24th
09- 18th and 24th
10- 15th and 18th

Yeah, that just screams "home run".

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Why is everyone so dismissive? The guy seems to be a pretty good OC who's done a good job with a very limited QB.

Dagmar
01-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Why is everyone so dismissive? The guy seems to be a pretty good OC who's done a good job with a very limited QB.

15th 18th 24th 24th in points scored. How is that PRETTY good?

Before you answer, to remind you, there are only 32 teams in the NFL.

Agamemnon
Seriously? He's the offensive coordinator and you don't think it's relevant to ask how successful he's been? Nice attempt at a dodge, and people judge Rivera on the Bolts Total and Scoring Defenses

08- 20th and 24th
09- 18th and 24th
10- 15th and 18th

With David Freakin' Garrard at quarterback...

cutthemdown
I'm no GM so I guess I shouldn't say the guy is a joke but it doesn't look good. It doesn't seem like any of the hot names really want to come to Denver. I fear it's because no coach in his right mind want to be saddled with Xanders picking his players.

I wouldn't either.

I was only agreeing with the Mcdaniels firing if they had a great plan to implement. With a lockout looming, Broncos needed a new coach, the team struggling to find "the" guy, it doesn't look good.

I have no faith in Xanders to pull this draft off. If Broncos were smart they would just make the safe picks and not try anything too fancy. They try to get on the phone with other GMS and they will probably just get there asses handed to them.

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2011, 07:38 PM

08- 20th and 24th
09- 18th and 24th
10- 15th and 18th

Maybe you should learn how to read. The post I was responding to was about how successful the team has been.

cutthemdown
01-07-2011, 07:38 PM
If people said lets fire Mcdaniels and hire the OC from the Jags because his offenses always are top 20 what would have we said?

Hercules Rockefeller
01-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Maybe you should learn how to read. The post I was responding to was about how successful the team has been.

Try following your own logic. If we're talking about team success, we're talking about record, you decided to point out special teams and nothing more.

Requiem
01-07-2011, 07:40 PM
David has two quality years over the past four in Jacksonville and two decent ones. Either way, Koetter is not a qualified candidate for the job. The guy has had good talent on his offense over the past several reasons and they have been well below average in points and yards in the NFL. Pass.

Agamemnon
01-07-2011, 07:41 PM
I think it's safe to say the guy is no one's first choice. I still don't understand what all the melodrama is about. We're also interviewing Ron Rivera people...

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Try following your own logic. If we're talking about team success, we're talking about record, you decided to point out special teams and nothing more.

Get out your flow chart and re read the previous posts.

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2011, 07:44 PM
David has two quality years over the past four in Jacksonville and two decent ones. Either way, Koetter is not a qualified candidate for the job. The guy has had good talent on his offense over the past several reasons and they have been well below average in points and yards in the NFL. Pass.

And David Garrard has been really hot and cold over that time. Is that Koetter's fault? Maybe, maybe not.

Requiem
01-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I think it's safe to say the guy is no one's first choice. I still don't understand what all the melodrama is about. We're also interviewing Ron Rivera people...

An interview can lead to be a possible hire, that is why some are a little concerned. This team needs help on both sides of the ball, especially getting points on offense and we are looking into a coordinator who can't even break the league average in PSPG.

Requiem
01-07-2011, 07:46 PM
And David Garrard has been really hot and cold over that time. Is that Koetter's fault? Maybe, maybe not.

I blame it on the Crohn's Disease, comes easy when Garrard ****s the bed. Na'meen?

spdirty
01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Thats cool. Go ahead and interview every single coordinator from every team. Do your dilligence. I'm cool with it.

Jesterhole
01-07-2011, 07:52 PM
COMING THIS SUMMER...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eVchXX4Zcdk/SWyJT2rdOLI/AAAAAAAABfk/D16juJ_UmSs/s400/DirkDigglerNeonSign.jpg

IS

http://www.browsebiography.com/images/5/4534-DIRK%20KOETTER_Jaguars_biography.jpg

IN

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/regular/10041000/10041950.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-07-2011, 08:29 PM

08- 20th and 24th
09- 18th and 24th
10- 15th and 18th

Perhaps we should hire the guy who coordinated the all-time greatest offense in scoring and yardage.

http://genxxl.com/wp-content/uploads/josh-mcdaniels-broncos-8721d89110362871_large.jpg

Good call. Think he'll come back?

How someone performs in their former coaching stops -- whether they're the Head man or not -- doesn't tell the whole tale.

Perhaps we should keep that in mind when judging the guys who are GETTING ****ING INTERVIEWS and nothing more.

Dagmar
01-07-2011, 08:37 PM
http://themusicninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lggn0309+chill-out-relaxing-polar-bear-poster2.jpg

serious hops
01-07-2011, 09:02 PM
An interview can lead to be a possible hire, that is why some are a little concerned. This team needs help on both sides of the ball, especially getting points on offense and we are looking into a coordinator who can't even break the league average in PSPG.

But things will be different here!

SonOfLe-loLang
01-07-2011, 09:07 PM
People who are freaking out about this are, once again, forgetting that coaches coach and players play

Pick Six
01-07-2011, 10:15 PM
If I remember correctly, it seemed like we rushed into the McDaniels hire. There weren't a whole lot of names explored. I can deal with the FO taking their time...:thumbs:

listopencil
01-07-2011, 10:18 PM

You suck.

SoDak Bronco
01-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Perry effin Fewell bitches

Houshyamama
01-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Perhaps we should hire the guy who coordinated the all-time greatest offense in scoring and yardage.

http://genxxl.com/wp-content/uploads/josh-mcdaniels-broncos-8721d89110362871_large.jpg

How someone performs in their former coaching stops -- whether they're the Head man or not -- doesn't tell the whole tale.

Perhaps we should keep that in mind when judging the guys who are GETTING ****ING INTERVIEWS and nothing more.

Uh.. I don't see where you're going with this. To say that McDaniels' New England OC success did not turn out to be indicative of future success is a good and valid point. But to use that logic and apply it to someone who has never been successful in the first place? Not the same thing IMO, at all...

I HATED watching Koetter's offenses as ASU. Does anyone else here even remember them? They could NEVER perform against a big time defense, we just got straight up pushed around. If you're looking for someone to come in here and pound the rock and control possession, then don't even look in Koetter's general direction. Sure, Walter passed for 3.2 Billion yards, but it was to no avail. We couldn't control the ball when we needed to. And it wasn't just Walter or a bad O-line or no skill on offense... it was Koetter's damn schemes. If the Broncos hire him I'm going to ****ing lose it. I'd rather have us hire Matt Millen as a draft consultant.

cutthemdown
01-07-2011, 10:50 PM
My buddy who went to ASU just left a message saying the only thing worst then no coach would be to hire Koetter.

Houshyamama
01-07-2011, 10:53 PM
My buddy who went to ASU just left a message saying the only thing worst then no coach would be to hire Koetter.

Your friend is gentleman scholar.

ZONA
01-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Decent offensive minded coach, his teams for the most part were TERRIBLE on D at ASU though. No thanks...

Well ASU doesn't really attract the best recruits in the nation so what he was able to do with that offense using guys that were looked over by most top programs was impressive. In college, you do what you can when you don't have the best talent. In the NFL, the talent is at least closer to be even. In college, there is no draft, nobody has to come play for you if they don't want to, and with ASU not many of the best players wanted to.

sisterhellfyre
01-08-2011, 12:39 AM
he's jesus christ reincarnated...didn't you know?

And all this time I thought Jesus Christ was Jesus Christ reincarnated.

Go figure.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Uh.. I don't see where you're going with this. To say that McDaniels' New England OC success did not turn out to be indicative of future success is a good and valid point. But to use that logic and apply it to someone who has never been successful in the first place? Not the same thing IMO, at all...

I HATED watching Koetter's offenses as ASU. Does anyone else here even remember them? They could NEVER perform against a big time defense, we just got straight up pushed around. If you're looking for someone to come in here and pound the rock and control possession, then don't even look in Koetter's general direction. Sure, Walter passed for 3.2 Billion yards, but it was to no avail. We couldn't control the ball when we needed to. And it wasn't just Walter or a bad O-line or no skill on offense... it was Koetter's damn schemes. If the Broncos hire him I'm going to ****ing lose it. I'd rather have us hire Matt Millen as a draft consultant.

All I'm saying is, it's a much different world. He could be a mildly successful OC and a dynamic, respected head coach. Former success gets you the interview. And I'm guessing he's being brought in because Elway liked his pitch at Arizona State when Jack was looking at schools. Elway has first-hand knowledge of this guy, and he wants to give him an interview. Are you going to argue with John ****ing Elway? I'm not.

It's just an interview. Not that big of a deal.

And for the record, I'm not crazy about Koetter either, and I don't think he'll get the job. But maybe he'll have some good ideas. Maybe he'll break down film a little differently.

Also: College OC has to be one of the most frustrating jobs in football. You're coaching guys who want to come to your school, not necessarily who you wanted. You're not even the one going into their homes and recruiting them. There's plenty of blame to go around with those ASU teams, but it starts with the quality of player on the roster.

peacepipe
01-08-2011, 08:11 AM
And all this time I thought Jesus Christ was Jesus Christ reincarnated.

Go figure.Are you bothered that not everyone is getting a hard on over tebow?

2KBack
01-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Well ASU doesn't really attract the best recruits in the nation so what he was able to do with that offense using guys that were looked over by most top programs was impressive. In college, you do what you can when you don't have the best talent. In the NFL, the talent is at least closer to be even. In college, there is no draft, nobody has to come play for you if they don't want to, and with ASU not many of the best players wanted to.

The best talent in the Southwest tended to end up in California unfortunately.

Vegas_Bronco
01-08-2011, 09:33 AM

This loser can't succeed w/o cheating. He tried to win all season long and finally at his wits end reverted back to his old spygate tactics...giving into his insecurities and becoming weak azz. His offense in NE was good ssimply b/c he had 5-6 years worth of def signals from each team. How many times did brady go deep when the def was in man coverage? Why was it always happening when the opposing defense was in man..mcd owes alot of his successes to hard work...cheating.

Vegas_Bronco
01-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Bring Koetter in here and you'll get players that can play above their grade and expectations...he knows how to get the basic offenses to work at their primitive level and doesn't need much smoke and mirror to.achieve success. His playcalling reminds us all of Shanny's...frustrating at times but overall it wins games.

OrangeSe7en
01-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Bring Koetter in here and you'll get players that can play above their grade and expectations...he knows how to get the basic offenses to work at their primitive level and doesn't need much smoke and mirror to.achieve success. His playcalling reminds us all of Shanny's...frustrating at times but overall it wins games.

I've noticed when I've watched Jacksonville, there is some clever playcalling going on. It seems like he does a nice job of using his running game to set up passes to Mercedes Lewis who will be wide open.