PDA

View Full Version : How about Billick?

ghostofjosh
01-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Just heard him interview here on wfan with Boomer Esiason,sounds like he really knows his ****,hes won before,and is dying to get back in..might get him on the cheap..

rbackfactory80
01-06-2011, 07:28 AM
I rather Haslett than him.

gtown
01-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Billick is a good coach. O-minded coach who made due with lots of defensive talent. Worth a look at least.

Gort
01-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Shanny's ego + McD's ego = Billick's ego

not a good equation.

Steve Prefontaine
01-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Billick is a good coach. O-minded coach who made due with lots of defensive talent. Worth a look at least.

That's what I never understood about his time in Baltimore. He was supposed to be an offensive guru, but their offense was never better than average. That team always had a good or great defense carrying them along.

BroncosMT
01-06-2011, 08:19 AM
That's what I never understood about his time in Baltimore. He was supposed to be an offensive guru, but their offense was never better than average. That team always had a good or great defense carrying them along.

I don't think Kyle boller helped his cause any

bowtown
01-06-2011, 08:19 AM
If we hire Billick or Hasslet, I quit.

Steve Prefontaine
01-06-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't think Kyle boller helped his cause any
What? That dude could throw 50 yards from his knees!

BroncosMT
01-06-2011, 08:22 AM
What? That dude could throw 50 yards from his knees!

hehe....he just couldn't do it from under center...

Smiling Assassin27
01-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm in the minority but I think he'd be a very good hire. He controls a team but doesn't do it in the petty or heavy handed way. He knows his football and has seen the value of a top flite defense firsthand, so even though he's an Offensive guy, he will foster and nurture a defense because he knows that defense wins.

He's had incredible skill guys and turned them into a record setting offense in Minny. He had sparse skill in B-More and turned that offense into a pounding, road grader offense with Jamal Lewis. I think he's got the mind to make whatever level of skill he has match the style of offense he puts on the field, whereas other guys might try to fit square pegs into round holes because they're married to one style.

Billick's an underrated guy, IMO, especially if he can find another Marvin Lewis to run the defense.

Triplelefthook
01-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I actually like Billick as a candidate

montrose
01-06-2011, 08:29 AM
**** no, I'd rather Bob be named HC.

Mile High Shack
01-06-2011, 08:37 AM
I can't imagine Elway getting along with a Richard Head like him

Likwid Kerruj
01-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Billick got WAY too much credit for that 1998 Vikings offense.

That season was more a product of the best new weapon in football at the time (Moss) falling to them in the draft.

I'm not sure how he lasted in Baltimore as long as he did.

Pass.

bloodsunday
01-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Billick knows football. I don't worry about the ego thing as much when there is a power structure in place. The thing about McD's ego that killed us was that we gave him all the power to act on it.

I personally wouldn't have an issue with Billick. I also think that his time in Baltimore is a positive. He won a Super Bowl. They played tough, nasty, hard football. Sure he's "offensive-minded", but isn't winning with the strength of your team the true sign of a good coach?

Bronco Boy
01-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Billick got WAY too much credit for that 1998 Vikings offense.

That season was more a product of the best new weapon in football at the time (Moss) falling to them in the draft.

I'm not sure how he lasted in Baltimore as long as he did.

Pass.

Well he did lead them to a Super Bowl victory, that usually buys you 5-10 years.

Gort
01-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Well he did lead them to a Super Bowl victory, that usually buys you 5-10 years.

in some places, that can allow you to become coach for life. at least until you start treating the owner as if he is your employee.

spdirty
01-06-2011, 11:15 AM
He did an interview on the ticket with Les Shapiro and the 2 dopes. Its December 30, and i liked his answers when they asked him questions about what he would do if hired by the Broncos.

http://877theticket.com/page.php?page_id=60

Taco John
01-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Here I thought I was the only one who would find Billick an acceptable candidate. I personally like his no-nonsense style. He's one of those guys who is brilliant and he knows it, and it unfortunately makes him his own worst enemy. But that being said, I think he's a competent administrator, and I really believe that's what this team needs right now as a head coach. We're essentially an expansion team. There aren't maybe three or four players on our roster worth keeping. John Elway named only two yesterday, Champ and Tebow, and he was only sure about one of them.

Truthfully, I'm more interested in who our coordinators will be than the actual head coach.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Here I thought I was the only one who would find Billick an acceptable candidate. I personally like his no-nonsense style. He's one of those guys who is brilliant and he knows it, and it unfortunately makes him his own worst enemy. But that being said, I think he's a competent administrator, and I really believe that's what this team needs right now as a head coach. We're essentially an expansion team. There aren't maybe three or four players on our roster worth keeping. John Elway named only two yesterday, Champ and Tebow, and he was only sure about one of them.

Truthfully, I'm more interested in who our coordinators will be than the actual head coach.

I actually agree with all of this. Especially with the chance that Marv Lewis will get canned in Cincy, he might come and be the DC again. I'd be A-mother****ing-OK with that.

bronco militia
01-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I actually agree with all of this. Especially with the chance that Marv Lewis will get canned in Cincy, he might come and be the DC again. I'd be A-mother****ing-OK with that.

the Bangles are going to extend Marvin Lewis's contract

spdirty
01-06-2011, 12:54 PM
There aren't maybe three or four players on our roster worth keeping. John Elway named only two yesterday, Champ and Tebow, and he was only sure about one of them.

Clady, Champ, Dumervil, Tebow, ...Lloyd? Damn, I was gonna tell you you were full of **** and name off 10 guys, but...damn. The o-line sucked, the wideouts are OK, mostly Lloyd and I think he's a free agent, the running backs suck, dline sucks, don' know about the inebackers especially DJ the drunk and Ayers, and with the exception of Champ, the secondary is either too old, too ****ty, or might go to jail forever.

This sucks. :(

Gort
01-06-2011, 01:03 PM

i don't think so. Billick escaped from the Ravens just barely ahead of an angry mob of fans with torches and pitchforks. by the end of his reign, he was not well-liked by the fanbase there.

Gort
01-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Clady, Champ, Dumervil, Tebow, ...Lloyd? Damn, I was gonna tell you you were full of **** and name off 10 guys, but...damn. The o-line sucked, the wideouts are OK, mostly Lloyd and I think he's a free agent, the running backs suck, dline sucks, don' know about the inebackers especially DJ the drunk and Ayers, and with the exception of Champ, the secondary is either too old, too ****ty, or might go to jail forever.

Royal
Prater

both worth keeping as well.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-06-2011, 01:10 PM
the Bangles are going to extend Marvin Lewis's contract

/head asplode

Are you ****ing kidding me? What does that guy have to do to get fired? **** Mike Brown's wife?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-06-2011, 01:11 PM

I think Lloyd is signed through next season, but could be wrong.

And I would guess wherever Joshy lands, they'll try to acquire him.

jmz313
01-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Being from just south of Baltimore, I grew tired of all the ravens Fans calling for his head from 2004 on. Offensive "mastermind" who couldn't even build an O once it was his job... PASS. His GM, D Coordinators and the felon did all the work to win the games.

One year of Harbaugh with a Rookie QB and the team has a solid O. Billick shouldnt get another shot.

Taco John
01-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Being from just south of Baltimore, I grew tired of all the ravens Fans calling for his head from 2004 on. Offensive "mastermind" who couldn't even build an O once it was his job... PASS. His GM, D Coordinators and the felon did all the work to win the games.

One year of Harbaugh with a Rookie QB and the team has a solid O. Billick shouldnt get another shot.

This is the way it's supposed to work in a strong front-office format. Say what you want about Billick's offenses with the Ravens, but Billick made the model work for a Superbowl.