PDA

View Full Version : Mark Mularkey

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know when his interview will be?

He could be the new Foneco for us, I think.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/460/slideshow_46021/display_image.jpg?x=937999

bronco militia
01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Who's Mark? ;D

broncofan2438
01-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I believe its Mike and the interview is Friday. You have a computer, use it

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Who's Mark? ;D

You know - Mark Melikey. It's the guy Elway is going to interview for our head coaching position.

tsiguy96

out of the loop, you are

frerottenextelway
If Elway says it's Mark, then it's Mark.

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 03:05 PM
out of the loop, you are

Oy vey. I figured the Foneco reference would help people understand it was satire.

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 03:06 PM
If Elway says it's Mark, then it's Mark.

HAHA - good point. Someone inform Mark's parents.

bronco militia
You know - Mark Melikey. It's the guy Elway is going to interview for our head coaching position.

Ha!

worm
Wooooooooosh!!!!!!!!

Smiling Assassin27
01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Isn't Mark the President of Iraq?

Mike al-Maliki, right? I think he is.

Play2win
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
The only logical explanation is Mark is Mike's middle name. ;D

Smiling Assassin27
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
No wait, Mark Malachi was part of the famed Malachi Brothers, known for their demolition derby prowess--Mark's signature move was the Makalachi Crunch or something like that.

Sincerely,

Arthur Fonzarelli

worm
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Mark is a stupid name.

I mean what the hell is it?

A smudge on a page?

The sound of a hair-lipped dog???

tsiguy96
01-05-2011, 03:13 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Mullaney

Mile High Shack
01-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Mark, come in here

"yes sir Mr. Elway, sir"

Smiling Assassin27
01-05-2011, 03:15 PM
and his wife, Megan Mullaly

http://blog.nj.com/entertainment_impact_celebrities/2008/12/large_megan.JPG

The Duke's gonna want a piece of that.

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
No wait, Mark Malachi was part of the famed Malachi Brothers, known for their demolition derby prowess--Mark's signature move was the Makalachi Crunch or something like that.

Sincerely,

Arthur Fonzarelli

Excellent. That's two Happy Days references in one day - the first being a sign hung at Mile High Stadium in one of B-Love's 1976 videos - "Sit on it, Steelers!"

Dedhed
01-05-2011, 03:22 PM
You have a computer, use it

Heed your own advice. In this case I recommend using it to watch Elway's press conference.

bronco militia
01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Heed your own advice. In this case I recommend using it to watch Elway's press conference.

it's ok....not all can master the sarcasm smiley

Steve Sewell
01-05-2011, 03:26 PM

Has the video of the PC been posted yet? I can't find it for the life of me.

Dedhed
01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Has the video of the PC been posted yet? I can't find it for the life of me.

Not sure. I caught the stream.

Smiling Assassin27
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Excellent. That's two Happy Days references in one day - the first being a sign hung at Mile High Stadium in one of B-Love's 1976 videos - "Sit on it, Steelers!"

and the ever appropriate, Kiss My Grits, Madden!

http://popomaticjeff.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/flo.jpg

Dedhed
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
I did notice that he called him Mike once.

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I did notice that he called him Mike once.

Yeah, that was good. Someone in the Press Conference thread put up a score card. I think it ended up 3-1 Mark.

chawknz
01-06-2011, 08:07 AM
His interview with the Broncos has been canceled so he can focus on Atlanta's playoff game(s).

Rohirrim
01-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Uh oh. Now we're getting snubbed by Marky Mark.

BroncosMT
01-06-2011, 08:09 AM
His interview with the Broncos has been canceled so he can focus on Atlanta's playoff game(s).

link?

Inkana7
01-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Laaaame.

tsiguy96

convenient. maybe JD watson (center) can tell him it was just a joke?

how the hell does elway not know any of the guys names on the field or who they are interviewing? gottta be very offensive

BMarsh615

Elway is tearing this team apart!

bowtown
01-06-2011, 08:11 AM
What kind of stupid coach cancels an interview with John Elway, in order to prepare his team for a huge playoff game? Guy should really get his priorities in order. Also, he has thin hair. Pass.

tsiguy96
01-06-2011, 08:11 AM
link?

cecil lammey of 87.7 is reporting it, and i think schefter did as well but not on twitter yet

BroncosMT
01-06-2011, 08:12 AM
nevermind saw it on espn......feels obligated to the Browns because they called first and doesn't want to do back to back interviews.....will interview after Atlantas season if Denver is still interested....

Smiling Assassin27
01-06-2011, 08:17 AM
What kind of stupid coach cancels an interview with John Elway, in order to prepare his team for a huge playoff game? Guy should really get his priorities in order. Also, he has thin hair. Pass.

If I'm his agent, i negotiate a lifetime supply of head and shoulders. Have you seen that pollymolly guy?

bloodsunday
01-06-2011, 08:19 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5995045

chawknz
01-06-2011, 08:20 AM
"Mularkey still will go through with his previously-scheduled interview with the Cleveland Browns on Saturday, but he is doing that because they called first and he feels a certain sense of obligation, according to the source. Cleveland scheduled its interview before Denver."

--- Douchebag.

Gcver2ver3
01-06-2011, 08:26 AM
"Mularkey still will go through with his previously-scheduled interview with the Cleveland Browns[/B] on Saturday, but he is doing that because they called first and he feels a certain sense of obligation, according to the source. Cleveland scheduled its interview before Denver."

am i the only one that has trouble following this logic?...

Missouribronc
01-06-2011, 08:27 AM

Mularkey is Holmgren's guy.

BroncosMT
01-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Maybe he feels that he would be wasting the Broncos time....feeling that he will be offered the Browns job

Rohirrim
01-06-2011, 08:33 AM
The Broncos are now further down the interview priority list than the Browns? :oyvey:

Ray Finkle
01-06-2011, 08:35 AM
didn't prefer him anyway....Fox, Perry, Rivera....

BroncoInferno
Scratch Mularkey off the list. I was really starting to like to idea of him getting the job, too. :(

bowtown
The Broncos are now further down the interview priority list than the Browns? :oyvey:

Probably because of Hillis.

Chris
****ing

lame

Rohirrim
01-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Maybe we can get that homeless guy with the great radio voice?

bowtown
01-06-2011, 08:37 AM

I'm not interested in Fassel.

Steve Prefontaine
01-06-2011, 08:38 AM
The feeling's mutual. fu mark.

PRBronco
01-06-2011, 08:39 AM

Loud voices scare our players and assistant coaches though :(

Missouribronc
01-06-2011, 08:39 AM

Mularkey's list, yes. But I think that's because of Holmgren. I wouldn't use this as a barometer of where the Denver coaching job ranks.

PRBronco
01-06-2011, 08:41 AM

Serious? Have you ever been in a line before?

He's not comfortable committing "two interviews" worth of his time this week, but I guess he feels like he can fit one in, so first come, first serve. There's really nothing to get offended about here. Now I have to cheer for the Falcons to lose though, so we can interview him :( Sorry to that friendly Falcons fan that's been posting here.

Gcver2ver3
01-06-2011, 08:44 AM
if Mark don't want us, than I don't want him...

Gcver2ver3
01-06-2011, 08:46 AM

He's not comfortable committing "two interviews" worth of his time this week, but I guess he feels like he can fit one in, so first come, first serve. There's really nothing to get offended about here. Now I have to cheer for the Falcons to lose though, so we can interview him :( Sorry to that friendly Falcons fan that's been posting here.

if you're buying that, then i have some magic beans to sell you...

to make matters worse, i think the Browns interview is a day LATER than ours...

in any event, the guy just doesn't wanna come here...thats rather obvious the more i think about it...

BroncosMT
01-06-2011, 08:49 AM
if Mark don't want us, than I don't want him...

Agreed.....how can one not be offended by this? Not sure there is any other way to take it!

PRBronco
01-06-2011, 08:52 AM
if you're buying that, then i have some magic beans to sell you...

to make matters worse, i think the Browns interview is a day LATER than ours...

in any event, the guy just doesn't wanna come here...thats rather obvious the more i think about it...

No but srsly...PM me about these beans.

:sunshine:

bowtown
01-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Agreed.....how can one not be offended by this? Not sure there is any other way to take it!

You should probably never take a job in HR or recruiting.

BroncosMT
01-06-2011, 08:56 AM
You should probably never take a job in HR or recruiting.

Has nothing to do with that...call it pride but its kind of a slap in the face. I mean I understand he has a playoff game and doesn't want to do back to back interviews....but the way the article states is that he won't interview until the season is over....what else does that say? If they win why not interview next week? Doesn't make sense

Missouribronc
01-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Has nothing to do with that...call it pride but its kind of a slap in the face. I mean I understand he has a playoff game and doesn't want to do back to back interviews....but the way the article states is that he won't interview until the season is over....what else does that say? If they win why not interview next week? Doesn't make sense

NFL won't allow it next week. Only coaches during a bye week, with permission from their current team, can interview during the playoffs.

BroncosMT
01-06-2011, 09:00 AM
NFL won't allow it next week. Only coaches during a bye week, with permission from their current team, can interview during the playoffs.

Thank you for the clarity....i didnt' know that....thanks

frerottenextelway
01-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Another day of good news, imo. :)

SoDak Bronco
01-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Like Elway said yesterday, we want a coach that is going to embrace the Broncos, and wants to be a Denver Broncos. If Mularkey doesn't want to interview(now) then move on, he isn't the right fit. I still think Perry Fewell is my pick to be the next HC. we shall see.

PRBronco
01-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Like Elway said yesterday, we want a coach that is going to embrace the Broncos, and wants to be a Denver Broncos. If Mularkey doesn't want to interview(now) then move on, he isn't the right fit. I still think Perry Fewell is my pick to be the next HC. we shall see.

I'm not big on Perry Fewell because I keep almost saying "Pewwy Fewell". The potential for embarrassment is just too high.

meangene
01-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Being the head coach in Denver is clearly not important to him. He will interview after the season is over if Denver is still interested? Tells me all I need to know. Next. I bet Rivera would come in for an interview.

Cito Pelon
01-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Well, he didn't call him Mark Mulligan. Or did he?

CEH
01-06-2011, 09:06 AM
You guys crack me up.
You think this is some kind of job fair interview
This is an executive search and each team is going into it asking propective coaches specific questions on how they intend to impact that team
That means the propective coach better have detail answers ready

Hard to do that twice in one week

Plus if I'm Denver I want the interviewees to come with their best game and if that will not occur on Friday so be it.

Denver made a mistake last time having dinner with Sapgs in a relaxed atomesphere

I want each candidate to be 100 % prepared to answer our questions

Not going to happen twice in one week

frerottenextelway
01-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Maybe Mark isn't sold on Tebow, and John kinda implied Tebow is going to be the guy.

Gcver2ver3
01-06-2011, 09:07 AM
No but srsly...PM me about these beans.

:sunshine:

LOL...good sport...

JDB7821
01-06-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't think anyone should take this as a slap in the face. I think Mularkey is honest in saying he wants to focus on the games ahead. He's never won a Super Bowl or even been in one to my knowledge, either as a head coach or coordinator. This is his best shot at winning it all.

Even if he has to stay another year as our offensive coordinator, IF we were to win the Super Bowl this year, it only builds his resume. If we win it this year and have another postseason run with a great offense next year, Mike Mularkey could possibly be the hottest coaching candidate for ANY opening and would possibly have his choice.

I don't think it's a knock against the Broncos' organization. I think he wants to win the Super Bowl, which is what everyone is in the game for.

Chris
01-06-2011, 09:10 AM
You guys crack me up.
You think this is some kind of job fair interview
This is an executive search and each team is going into it asking propective coaches specific questions on how they intend to impact that team
That means the propective coach better have detail answers ready

Hard to do that twice in one week

Plus if I'm Denver I want the interviewees to come with their best game and if that will not occur on Friday so be it.

Denver made a mistake last time having dinner with Sapgs in a relaxed atomesphere

I want each candidate to be 100 % prepared to answer our questions

Not going to happen twice in one week

Valid points CEH. Retracting judgment. I will be rooting for the Falcons to lose though ;)

BroncosMT
01-06-2011, 09:11 AM
I don't think anyone should take this as a slap in the face. I think Mularkey is honest in saying he wants to focus on the games ahead. He's never won a Super Bowl or even been in one to my knowledge, either as a head coach or coordinator. This is his best shot at winning it all.

Even if he has to stay another year as our offensive coordinator, IF we were to win the Super Bowl this year, it only builds his resume. If we win it this year and have another postseason run with a great offense next year, Mike Mularkey could possibly be the hottest coaching candidate for ANY opening and would possibly have his choice.

I don't think it's a knock against the Broncos' organization. I think he wants to win the Super Bowl, which is what everyone is in the game for.

That makes sense...maybe hypersensitive based on the season....have a lot of hope moving forward with Elway.....

55CrushEm
01-06-2011, 09:13 AM
I don't think anyone should take this as a slap in the face. I think Mularkey is honest in saying he wants to focus on the games ahead.

Except for the fact that he's still doing his Cleveland interview on Saturday......

TheReverend
01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
"Mularkey still will go through with his previously-scheduled interview with the Cleveland Browns on Saturday, but he is doing that because they called first and he feels a certain sense of obligation, according to the source. Cleveland scheduled its interview before Denver."

--- Douchebag.

Isn't Holmgren a good friend of his dad's and don't they go back to like his High School years?

bowtown
01-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Isn't Holmgren a good friend of his dad's and don't they go back to like his High School years?

Yes, but we have John Elway.

JDB7821
01-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Except for the fact that he's still doing his Cleveland interview on Saturday......

Well one interview is certainly less of a distraction than two. I don't know what's going on in Mularkey's head, but I would have to put myself in his position.

Mike Holmgren calls and says he wants to interview for their vacant head coaching position. I start studying up on their team and schemes that they're going to want to use so I can prepare myself for questions about what direction I'm going to start taking the team. All the while I'm still studying the Saints, Packers, and Seahawks as possible opponents for our first playoff game.

Then the Broncos call and say they also want to interview. Now I'm studying the Browns, the Broncos, self-scouting the Falcons, and breaking down tape of the Saints, Packers, and Seahawks. I'm readying myself for back to back interviews while studying for the first playoff game of possibly the most successful season I've ever been a part of.

I could see it being overwhelming and maybe the reason he's still going forward with the Browns' interview is because he already had a leg up on preparation for that interview and has the utmost respect for Mike Holmgren and doesn't want to break any ties, regardless of whether he actually becomes employed by him or not.

gtown
01-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Being the head coach in Denver is clearly not important to him. He will interview after the season is over if Denver is still interested? Tells me all I need to know. Next. I bet Rivera would come in for an interview.

Has anyone heard Rivera's name in connection with Denver? My candles are already lit.

Beantown Bronco
01-06-2011, 09:23 AM

He's not comfortable committing "two interviews" worth of his time this week, but I guess he feels like he can fit one in, so first come, first serve.

A line? Doesn't compute. I'll have to ask Jay Cutler about that one....

Drek
01-06-2011, 09:26 AM
He's just getting the Browns out of the way and setting it up to follow the other candidates for our job so he can really hit a home run and leave an impression going into round 2.

Ray Finkle
01-06-2011, 09:37 AM
He's just getting the Browns out of the way and setting it up to follow the other candidates for our job so he can really hit a home run and leave an impression going into round 2.

then why did he just cancel everything with Denver?

Hamrob
01-06-2011, 09:43 AM
He caught wind...that the Denver Broncos will be signing.....Jim Harbaugh...to be their next head coach! Wait and see!!!!!!!!

Chris
01-06-2011, 09:47 AM
He caught wind...that the Denver Broncos will be signing.....Jim Harbaugh...to be their next head coach! Wait and see!!!!!!!!

my d***

Drek
01-06-2011, 09:48 AM

He didn't cancel, he just wants to get the trifles out of the way so he can appropriately wow Elway. ;)

Honestly who knows how its all going to work out? Mularkey seems to be a pretty high integrity guy and if he felt like two interviews in one week was too much I don't think its accurate to read too much into him going with the first team to call as the first to interview.

That said, Mularkey isn't the only worthwhile coaching option. As long as we get a high character, experienced HC who can bring is own exceptional skill set to the job we'll do just fine.

Cito Pelon
01-06-2011, 09:52 AM
This got me thinking, how did the expression "What a load of Mularkey/malarky" whatever, come to be?

This is the best I could find:

English term or phrase: malarkey
malarkey: stuff and nonsense (What a load of malarkey!)
Hey, I wonder, is this a British slang word? Can anyone tell me for sure?? Thanks. Russ
RussKudoZ

Origin unknown
Explanation:
According to two respected sources, this is a 20th century word of unknown origin. Odd.

malarkey n.
malarkey n. colloq. humbug; nonsense. 20th c.: orig. unkn.
The Oxford English Reference Dictionary

malarkey n.
malarkey n. colloq. humbug; nonsense. [origin unknown]
The Pocket Oxford Dictionary of Current English

-----

Still, you can find other theories, such as this explanation from the second reference below:

"The origin of the term Malarkey is something of a mystery. All major authorities draw a blank. The term first appeared in America in the 1920's, but there is no clear connection to any other word in the English Language. The eminent British etymologist Eric Partridge suspected that it might be from the Greek word "malakia", Partridge's successor makes note of a London Cockney slang term, "Madam Misharty", which means roughly the same thing as Malarkey, and may be based on a real person, in this case thought to be a fortune-teller in London, England.

If we had to take a guess, we would say that Malarkey is most likely a Cockney word based on someone notorious at the time for fraud and chicanery. But we just like it because it's fun to say."
------------------------------------------------------

If someone can top the Oxford English Dictionary, that would be a major Orange Mane coup.

meangene
01-06-2011, 09:53 AM
I bet he withdraws his name from consideration as HC in Denver. Just a hunch.

BroncosMT
01-06-2011, 09:59 AM

That should open the door for Rivera.......

bloodsunday
01-06-2011, 10:01 AM
I don't see him as Denver's next HC now unless ATL collapses. Elway said they want to get this deal done in the next 2 weeks. If ATL continues on in the playoffs it could be 3 - 4 weeks before he gets another shot to interview with teams. Only the biggest name HC candidates have the clout to do that and force a team to wait 3 - 4 weeks. In fact, the reason the NFL allows coordinators to interview on this weeks is so the delay doesn't leave them getting passed over.

Seems like this was a graceful way of saying "I'm not interested".

bloodsunday
01-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one... he doesn't want the job.

Man-Goblin
01-06-2011, 10:03 AM
This got me thinking, how did the expression "What a load of Mularkey/malarky" whatever, come to be?

This is the best I could find:

English term or phrase: malarkey
malarkey: stuff and nonsense (What a load of malarkey!)
Hey, I wonder, is this a British slang word? Can anyone tell me for sure?? Thanks. Russ
RussKudoZ

Origin unknown
Explanation:
According to two respected sources, this is a 20th century word of unknown origin. Odd.

malarkey n.
malarkey n. colloq. humbug; nonsense. 20th c.: orig. unkn.
The Oxford English Reference Dictionary

malarkey n.
malarkey n. colloq. humbug; nonsense. [origin unknown]
The Pocket Oxford Dictionary of Current English

-----

Still, you can find other theories, such as this explanation from the second reference below:

"The origin of the term Malarkey is something of a mystery. All major authorities draw a blank. The term first appeared in America in the 1920's, but there is no clear connection to any other word in the English Language. The eminent British etymologist Eric Partridge suspected that it might be from the Greek word "malakia", Partridge's successor makes note of a London Cockney slang term, "Madam Misharty", which means roughly the same thing as Malarkey, and may be based on a real person, in this case thought to be a fortune-teller in London, England.

If we had to take a guess, we would say that Malarkey is most likely a Cockney word based on someone notorious at the time for fraud and chicanery. But we just like it because it's fun to say."
------------------------------------------------------

If someone can top the Oxford English Dictionary, that would be a major Orange Mane coup.

So, in other words, his commitment to interview with the Broncos tomorrow was a bunch of....Bull****?

BroncoBen
01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Not a whole lot to read into this.. Mularkey wants to be prepared. And you figure, he would have the Browns interview first so he has to lay out a plan for that team and how to use their personnel, then possibly he would have the Broncos interview that same day (maybe hours apart). He would then have to have a plan for the Broncos and how he was going to use their personnel.

I am sure he doesn’t know off the top of head who plays on the Browns much less the Broncos. You figure did the falcons even play the Browns this season ? much less the Broncos.

Yes it would be good for the Broncos to get the interview done so they would have something to compare to other coaches and their ideas. But its not the end of the world if the Broncos have to wait till after the falcons playoff run.

bronco militia
01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
a line? Doesn't compute. I'll have to ask jay cutler about that one....

rofl! Rofl!

Pony Boy
01-06-2011, 10:07 AM

Mike Mularkey interview off

http:/ Mike Mularkey interview off/sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5995045

TheReverend
01-06-2011, 10:10 AM

http:/ Mike Mularkey interview off/sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5995045

Interesting. Do you happen to know if that crazy Egyptian pyramid construction was ever finished?

Pony Boy
01-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Interesting. Do you happen to know if that crazy Egyptian pyramid construction was ever finished?

You would know if it was finished if it was up your ass.......:welcome:

TheReverend
01-06-2011, 10:16 AM
You would know if it was finished if it was up your ass.......:welcome:

...juggling chain saws

:)

JDB7821
01-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Not a whole lot to read into this.. Mularkey wants to be prepared. And you figure, he would have the Browns interview first so he has to lay out a plan for that team and how to use their personnel, then possibly he would have the Broncos interview that same day (maybe hours apart). He would then have to have a plan for the Broncos and how he was going to use their personnel.

I am sure he doesn’t know off the top of head who plays on the Browns much less the Broncos. You figure did the falcons even play the Browns this season ? much less the Broncos.

Yes it would be good for the Broncos to get the interview done so they would have something to compare to other coaches and their ideas. But its not the end of the world if the Broncos have to wait till after the falcons playoff run.

We did play the Browns this year, which is probably another reason he already knew at least half the squad. He already knew the defense and it'd be easier to brush up on the offense than studying a whole new team in the Broncos.

I still hold the opinion that he genuinely wants to focus on winning the Super Bowl. I think becoming a head coach is probably second on the list to winning it all.

peacepipe
01-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one... he doesn't want the job.

I agree, as someone else has posted it was a graceful way of saying no to the job.

Inkana7
01-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Not a big deal. If he didn't want the job he wouldn't have agreed to an Interview in the first place.

Rohirrim
01-06-2011, 10:54 AM
I think Marky Mark was insulted that Elway didn't know his name so now he's pouting.

Cito Pelon
01-06-2011, 10:58 AM
We did play the Browns this year, which is probably another reason he already knew at least half the squad. He already knew the defense and it'd be easier to brush up on the offense than studying a whole new team in the Broncos.

I still hold the opinion that he genuinely wants to focus on winning the Super Bowl. I think becoming a head coach is probably second on the list to winning it all.

That's what he should probably do. You don't get chances like this often, when the opportunity is there you better focus on it.

DomCasual
01-06-2011, 11:27 AM
I just did a Google search for Mark Mularkey. It's kind of funny to see others who have picked up on it. I honestly wonder if Mark was a little offended by it.

meangene
01-06-2011, 11:45 AM

There is a difference between calling off the originally scheduled interview and withdrawing his name from consideration. You don't need the internet to learn to read.

meangene
01-06-2011, 11:46 AM
That should open the door for Rivera.......

Geez, I hope so!

Beantown Bronco
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
I just did a Google search for Mark Mularkey. It's kind of funny to see others who have picked up on it. I honestly wonder if Mark was a little offended by it.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gAPmJ8nzz9M?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gAPmJ8nzz9M?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

TonyR
01-06-2011, 12:05 PM
I honestly wonder if Mark was a little offended by it.

I wouldn't want anybody that sensitive as the coach of my football team!!!

~Crash~
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
There is a difference between calling off the originally scheduled interview and withdrawing his name from consideration. You don't need the internet to learn to read.

Have hear of the statement strike when the iron is hot.

DomCasual
01-06-2011, 12:15 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gAPmJ8nzz9M?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gAPmJ8nzz9M?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

HAHA! Man, how much time do you spend on YouTube? That's pretty funny.

edgemyster
01-06-2011, 01:07 PM

Agreed - by delaying his interview, he's puts at risk the possibility of getting the HC job in Denver should they fill it sooner than his rescheduled interview. Nice that he wants to concentrate on his job at hand, but one must know these opportunities don't necessarily come very often.

broncocalijohn
01-06-2011, 01:35 PM

Couldnt go past this even if someone responded already. Oh, the irony! From the guy who gave us Foneco!

broncocalijohn
01-06-2011, 01:37 PM
and his wife, Megan Mullaly

http://blog.nj.com/entertainment_impact_celebrities/2008/12/large_megan.JPG

The Duke's gonna want a piece of that.

Too late. Peter Hillis already has her.

broncocalijohn
01-06-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm not big on Perry Fewell because I keep almost saying "Pewwy Fewell". The potential for embarrassment is just too high.

Plus with his band gigs and his wife being on Married to a Rock Star, it is tough to do everything.

meangene
01-06-2011, 01:58 PM

I agree. My post was in response to another comment on my original comment that I expected him to withdraw his name from consideration.

DomCasual
01-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Couldnt go past this even if someone responded already. Oh, the irony! From the guy who gave us Foneco!

No WAY! I had forgotten about who gave us that gem. Irony, indeed!

bendog
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Mike/Mark will have other shots. I really don't know how good he is. I don't think he was part of the JP Loseman fiasco, as I think he got fired before the bills moved up to get that guy. He had an aging Bledsomuch and Holcomb in his two seasons. Good luck with that. I just don't know how much is him and how much is MattyIce. I sort of like the defensive guy from NY, who also worked for Lovie Smith. But, who'd be the OC. I've read that Hasselback and Bates are on the outs.

Rohirrim
01-06-2011, 04:03 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7_oNBT9wsc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G7_oNBT9wsc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>