PDA

View Full Version : Elway's Live Press Conference

Pages : 1 [2]

Cito Pelon
01-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Smart move getting Elway in. He's an intelligent person and will be delegating the heavy lifting to others. More importantly it connects a legend to the front office which kills a lot of the anger the fans had at Bowlen to a degree and buys them time to right the ship. Genius, really. Read the comments here. That one press conference has turned a lot of people to believers (with the exception Cito who hates Elway for getting Dan Reeves fired.)

Hey! bull****. I'm trying to get with the program, bull****.

baja
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Hmm, perhaps we were watching different press conferences? McD's press conferences were very entertaining (him smirking while being asked asinine questions by idiots like Woody Paige was hilarious) and informative, at least in my opinion. He talked about a lot of things that other coaches would simply gloss over. There was nothing secret or stand-offish to those at all.

Ya I loved his pressers too. Looks like I have over estimated him because of those pressers.

Just about everybody on the board saw the underside of Josh before I did.

After listening to Elway it's clear to me now most of what you guys have been saying about Josh is probably true. The stubbornness, the ego, the poor people skills. I still think he has it in him to be a great coach but as many of you have pointed out for some time now he has a lot to learn to become a good coach beyond the Xs & Os.

It really feels good to be a fully committed Bronco fan today.

Thanks Pat for bring John home.

Mr. Elway
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
I was pointing out that in every way he refers to Tebow in a completely different manner. Elway obviously has a raging Tebowner.

He referred to Tebow several times as a good "football player" with emphasis. It's the same exact language Stink used in America's Game to describe how the Bronco's locker room perceived Terrell Davis. It's their code word for that special kind of player who possesses something beyond their particular position that inspires the rest of the team and earns their respect.

baja
01-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey Blue looks like you were right from the get go.

Why do I ever doubt a woman's intuition. I should know better by now.

listopencil
01-05-2011, 02:53 PM
He referred to Tebow several times as a good "football player" with emphasis. It's the same exact language Stink used in America's Game to describe how the Bronco's locker room perceived Terrell Davis. It's their code word for that special kind of player who possesses something beyond their particular position that inspires the rest of the team and earns their respect.

Yeah, good point.

Mile High Shack
01-05-2011, 02:53 PM

quit, seriously quit.....the doctor said I have to see him if this Tebowner lasts for over 3 hours

Mile High Shack
01-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey Blue looks like you were right from the get go.

Why do I ever doubt a woman's intuition. I should know better by now.

waittttt a second....are you coming around now?

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 02:54 PM
quit, seriously quit.....the doctor said I have to see him if this Tebowner lasts for over 3 hours

It's four hours.

Mile High Shack
01-05-2011, 02:55 PM
It's four hours.

ok then, keep talking, this time, lick your lips when you say Elway

listopencil
Hah, I just realized that I have my Adopt-A-Bronco set to "The Next Head Coach". I don't remember when I changed it from "The Next Defensive Coordinator". I think it was when Nolan left.

Kaylore
Hey! bull****. I'm trying to get with the program, bull****.

Sorry. Go back and re-read the thread. You're the only one who had anything negative to say about his press conference and it was all negative. You've told me your personal views on Elway so I naturally assumed that is why you were being so negative.

There's a lot of good posters who think he's going to fail: SoCal, Herc, etc. I'm not calling you out. I was just not surprised.

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 02:57 PM
ok then, keep talking, this time, lick your lips when you say Elway

Dude, I ALWAYS lick my lips when I say Elway!

baja
01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Smart move getting Elway in. He's an intelligent person and will be delegating the heavy lifting to others. More importantly it connects a legend to the front office which kills a lot of the anger the fans had at Bowlen to a degree and buys them time to right the ship. Genius, really. Read the comments here. That one press conference has turned a lot of people to believers (with the exception Cito who hates Elway for getting Dan Reeves fired.)

Exactly in one 30 minute press conference you can feel at anger and the fan base split healing with each passing point John touches on.

It sure got me back on Board.

Cito Pelon
01-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Sorry. Go back and re-read the thread. You're the only one who had anything negative to say about his press conference and it was all negative. You've told me your personal views on Elway so I naturally assumed that is why you were being so negative.

There's a lot of good posters who think he's going to fail: SoCal, Herc, etc. I'm not calling you out. I was just not surprised.

I said some good things. I said he was all Broncos all the way, I said how he liked Tebow.

Chris
01-05-2011, 03:03 PM

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/78456174.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=82EB172C4407816C8857998E5AFE41B82909CC56CE074CC4 8994C576502EBEF4

baja
01-05-2011, 03:04 PM
it was nice to hear John call out Brian Xanders. It sounds like he expects more leadership out of him

I bet when John called Xanders loyal it is because he came to Ellis and Pat with real bad truth about Josh thus the slam dunk dismissal.

bendog
01-05-2011, 03:06 PM

keeping Xanders concens me. But there's only so much meat you can cut to get the rot out in any organization. Xanders "is on the clock." That was pretty clear when Elway said Xanders had been in good organizations and gotten high marks, and while he had the title here, he'd never been given the opportunity to be the GM until now. But there was a clear "get good or get gone" in what Elway said.

I'd say I was really worried, but Elway better have more than three years grace with the fans. God knows he earned that, esp when R^^v^s would have traded him to NY, which is where he really wanted to go coming out of Stanford. And they better understand just what a totally screwed up franchise this is (and yeah Shanny did even more harm than McD). If Elway's to be believed, Bowlen's set up a totally new biz module. Elway will at least initially defer to Xanders and the coach in personnel, unless there's no consencus or unless Elway really has strong negative feelings. But, Elway is an executive whose task is to to find people to make the organization work. I think that's in his realm of not just competence but really experience.

baja
01-05-2011, 03:06 PM
waittttt a second....are you coming around now?

yes!

orangemonkey
01-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Bravo Duke! Your mere presence as a new Broncos executive has eradicated the disgusting stench of McDaniels and the cheating New England Patriots. Now let's win some m********ing games!

bronco militia
01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I bet when John called Xanders loyal it is because he came to Ellis and Pat with real bad truth about Josh thus the slam dunk dismissal.

I wonder...I also wonder about his roll in the Cutler fiasco. Yeah cutler is ****ing douche. You just can't let that kind news get out in to the media and then not do everything possible to patch up the relationship. It doomed Mcdaniels from the start.

Bronco Yoda
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Wait until camp when you see him on the field with Tebow out at Dove Valley tossing the ball back and forth. 8')

Is it really possible to have a Tebowner and Elboner at the same time?

Will this make your balls explode? This could hurt. I'm not sure I'm up for such a training camp.

CEH
01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Bravo Duke! Your mere presence as a new Broncos executive has eradicated the disgusting stench of McDaniels and the cheating New England Patriots. Now let's win some m********ing games!

Josh had the room set up with little notes on the wall do your job crap and they say the room has been completly redone

This was one hour of trying to make the community think the last 2 years did not happen

bronco militia
01-05-2011, 03:11 PM

Will this make your balls explode? This could hurt. I'm not sure I'm up for such a training camp.

this might help

http://www.lolgifs.com/pictures/7fa4e4da333cfee.gif

Mile High Shack
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Josh had the room set up with little notes on the wall do your job crap and they say the room has been completly redone

This was one hour of trying to make the community think the last 2 years did not happen

I keep hoping this happens (I realize I dated myself a bit, the younger posters won't have a clue, they'll think it's just some naked dude in the shower)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMR5setaS7I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMR5setaS7I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Rohirrim
01-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Wasn't there some TV show that ended like that, where the wife wakes up and it was all a dream?

Mile High Shack
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Wasn't there some TV show that ended like that, where the wife wakes up and it was all a dream?

look....up.....one......post :wiggle:

BroncosMT
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM

Sounds like a nelly song.....

baja
01-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I wonder...I also wonder about his roll in the Cutler fiasco. Yeah cutler is ****ing douche. You just can't let that kind news get out in to the media and then not do everything possible to patch up the relationship. It doomed Mcdaniels from the start.

You are right in saying McD should have handled the Cutler thing better it was very immature of him and you are also right in saying it was an early warning sign (one that I wanted to over look so I did ;D ) I will say this though I think it ended up working out for the best for the Broncos. Had we kept Cutler we would not have Tebow and having Tebow excites me a hell of a lot more than having Cutler.

I have a feeling if all McD ever gave the Broncos was Tim Tebow and John Elway back in the FO we will be grateful that he was here if just for that reason alone.

CEH
01-05-2011, 03:19 PM

Dallas or Newhart. Josh was like Daryl and my other brother Daryl

Rohirrim
01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
look....up.....one......post :wiggle:

Those things don't work at work. :pity:

Mile High Shack
01-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Those things don't work at work. :pity:

it was from Dallas, when like the whole season was a dream....

PRBronco
01-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Spoiler alert! Come on guys, some of us are still only halfway through that season of Dallas! :gripe:

listopencil
01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
God knows he earned that, esp when R^^v^s would have traded him to NY, which is where he really wanted to go coming out of Stanford.

Wait. I thought the Official Orange Mane Lexicon had that as R66v6s?

Rohirrim
01-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Spoiler alert! Come on guys, some of us are still only halfway through that season of Dallas! :gripe:

The chick is a dude and Bruce Willis is a dead guy. ;D

Oh yeah. And Kevin Spacey is Kaiser Sosa.

Rascal
01-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I've been getting my ass kicked at work...anybody got a transcript or a source to watch it?

nevermind I found it

PRBronco
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM

Oh yeah. And Kevin Spacey is Kaiser Sosa.

At least I can rest assured knowing that they'd never kill off Dumbledore.

Rohirrim
01-05-2011, 03:45 PM
At least I can rest assured knowing that they'd never kill off Dumbledore.

They killed off Dumbledore!!?

Broncosfreak_56
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
They killed off Dumbledore!!?

...Or DID they?!...

Yes, they did.

zdoor
01-05-2011, 03:55 PM

Only if your Italian...

BigPlayShay
01-05-2011, 03:56 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/220597206.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1294269143&Signature=00FbVSF4iJTVfU757ohvFduh56Q%3D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/220582261.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1294269185&Signature=Q8ob%2B5t74%2FWEgxrYVQfsgKgk4X8%3D

Bronco Yoda
01-05-2011, 03:56 PM

I got the same thing from it. It didn't escape me about him saying 'I'm here to protect the Broncos' as well.

baja
01-05-2011, 03:57 PM

<b>Oh yeah. And Kevin Spacey is Kaiser Sosa.

That's one I did not see coming through most of the movie.

I love watching Spacey work.

Rascal
01-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Seeing Elway again sent Bob to his basement.

Bronco Yoda
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
this might help

http://www.lolgifs.com/pictures/7fa4e4da333cfee.gif

booby rep :wiggle:

baja
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
I got the same thing from it. It didn't escape me about him saying 'I'm here to protect the Broncos' as well.

ya I want to watch it again it was coming through in bits and pieces and I never did see the Q & A part. Interesting choice of works, "protect"

bronco militia
01-05-2011, 04:00 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/220582261.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1294269185&Signature=Q8ob%2B5t74%2FWEgxrYVQfsgKgk4X8%3D

"first things first...I'm firing the decorator"

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 04:03 PM
His mom turning up the volume on Lawrence Welk again sent Bob to his basement.

Fixed it for you.

boppool
01-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I've been getting my ass kicked at work...anybody got a transcript or a source to watch it?

nevermind I found it

Do you mind sharing where it is? I'm at work and I missed it

orinjkrush
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
i think this is the first thread where i've read all 12 pages of it. i think this one is epic.

even though i haven't seen the Elway presser, just from the excitement y'all have shown, it looks like JE is bringing the excitement to the fans and franchise that Tebow is bringing to the team and fans.

i think that the FO has the right decision making structure now to find a good HC. one who can do BOTH the x's and o's as well as the people side of it. (if Josh ever learned to be a real boy, he might get good....um, nah he'll just turn into a shanny wannabe)

i'm gonna go way out on a limb and suggest that the HC should NOT be able to bring in "his guys" for the O and D coordinators, but rather that this FO decision making group make those choices as well. (With HC input) Reason? A managed, creative tension between the 3. I know this sounds like heresy to the most-interesting-HC-in-the-world model of hiring. There will be more reasoned choices if 3 slightly independent views are massaged then if one do-as-I-say-scumbag approach is adopted. Plus, the HC will spend his time doing what a HC should do and that is manage the OC and the DC and the PR.

You may fire when ready Gridley...

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 04:13 PM
i'm gonna go way out on a limb and suggest that the HC should NOT be able to bring in "his guys" for the O and D coordinators, but rather that this FO decision making group make those choices as well. (With HC input) Reason? A managed, creative tension between the 3. I know this sounds like heresy to the most-interesting-HC-in-the-world model of hiring. There will be more reasoned choices if 3 slightly independent views are massaged then if one do-as-I-say-scumbag approach is adopted. Plus, the HC will spend his time doing what a HC should do and that is manage the OC and the DC and the PR.

I just don't want a guy to get a yes man (or men) for the job/jobs. We had a strong DC under McDaniels until apparently the Indianapolis game last season, when Nolan started getting micromanaged. The results since then have been, well, not so good.

Bronco Yoda
01-05-2011, 04:16 PM
<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=2600895735121184835&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

baja
01-05-2011, 04:16 PM
i think this is the first thread where i've read all 12 pages of it. i think this one is epic.

even though i haven't seen the Elway presser, just from the excitement y'all have shown, it looks like JE is bringing the excitement to the fans and franchise that Tebow is bringing to the team and fans.

i think that the FO has the right decision making structure now to find a good HC. one who can do BOTH the x's and o's as well as the people side of it. (if Josh ever learned to be a real boy, he might get good....um, nah he'll just turn into a shanny wannabe)

You may fire when ready Gridley...

I have liked from when the need first arose the idea of hiring a HC that is more of a manager than anything else, with a strong OC and a strong DC as well as a strong STC all running their side as they see fit. More of a chain of command of capable experts that a one man show like we had with both Mike & Josh. I like Rick Dennison but I am sure there are several others. I do not want a "big name" coach. We have made a big first step in getting back to Broncos football and we need to keep that going by hiring a non famous manager type HC, a smart one that understands people.

Rohirrim
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JGcNvLjNPkg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JGcNvLjNPkg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

lostknight
01-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Great interview with KOA - talks about the need to re-establish the "Broncos way". Music to my ears. Sweet, sweet music.

You know, he might just be good at this job.

Boobs McGee
01-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Hot damn its nice to have the Duke in the front office!

One thing I noticed (and I was at work, on some crappy headphones, installing brackets on the side of a windy building) was that it sounded like he kind of called out Xanders. I remember him saying something to the effect of, There isn't going to be anymore hiding, he needs to own up to his decisions (when talking about xanders). Did anyone else catch that?

Boobs McGee
01-05-2011, 05:40 PM
oh, and ps....

http://www.tpetionnouvelgaye.com/images/superbowl-trophy6.jpg

DomCasual
01-05-2011, 05:46 PM

One thing I noticed (and I was at work, on some crappy headphones, installing brackets on the side of a windy building) was that it sounded like he kind of called out Xanders. I remember him saying something to the effect of, There isn't going to be anymore hiding, he needs to own up to his decisions (when talking about xanders). Did anyone else catch that?

Yeah, I got that sense - especially in the KOA interview. It sounded like he might be on a fairly short leash.

edgemyster
01-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Here's a transcript of what John said about Champ.

Notice that while he was mostly energetic and, at times, impassioned throughout his delivery, his demeanor during these comments were more reflective if not bordering on what might be perceived as disappointment (in knowing, perhaps, that Champ may not be back based on most recent discussions):

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> “Yeah (sigh), I think that's ya know... Obviously Champ has been a great player for a long time. He’s loved the Denver Broncos, he’d love to stay here and, you know, I like Champ Bailey. He’s a guy that I know if I were under center, and I looked out there and saw 24 out there, I would want to go the other way like everybody has. And so he’s been a great player for the Broncos. Obviously that’s something we’re gonna have to sit down with Brian and the new head coach, find out where we are and make that decision. But, you know, Champ has been a great player for the Broncos and he was a guy that gave his all for the Broncos.”

Starts at 24:45 (http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/John-Elway-Press-Conference---Part-1/af79b952-9d91-472e-98e3-5f3aa1243389).

gunns
01-05-2011, 06:29 PM
How so? At training camp McDaniels was always talking to fans and always made certain players interact with the fans after practice sessions. That was never done before...

You bring it back to the fans by putting a quality product on the field, getting that feeling when the team takes the field that they can win, getting us excited about the Broncos playing, and winning.

It feels so comfortable having my boy back, he loves the Broncos like the rest of us and wants the best for them. Elway's back!

baja
01-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Here's a transcript of what John said about Champ.

Notice that while he was mostly energetic and, at times, impassioned throughout his delivery, his demeanor during these comments were more reflective if not bordering on what might be perceived as disappointment (in knowing, perhaps, that Champ may not be back based on most recent discussions):

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Yeah (sigh), I think that's ya know... Obviously Champ has been a great player for a long time. Hes loved the Denver Broncos, hed love to stay here and, you know, I like Champ Bailey. Hes a guy that I know if I were under center, and I looked out there and saw 24 out there, I would want to go the other way like everybody has. And so hes been a great player for the Broncos. Obviously thats something were gonna have to sit down with Brian and the new head coach, find out where we are and make that decision. But, you know, Champ has been a great player for the Broncos and he was a guy that gave his all for the Broncos.

Starts at 24:45 (http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/John-Elway-Press-Conference---Part-1/af79b952-9d91-472e-98e3-5f3aa1243389).

thanks

broncosteven
01-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I love the quote "He will bring common sense and leadership" A couple things missing in this franchise the last couple years.

broncosteven
01-05-2011, 07:15 PM
It was refreshing to hear someone from the broncos FO to say they are going to hire to what they don't know.

Mr. Elway
01-05-2011, 07:23 PM
It was refreshing to hear someone from the broncos FO to say they are going to hire to what they don't know.

Humility is not something we have heard a lot of recently. McD has some talents, but he seemed to think he is smarter than everyone else in every facet of football. Thus "the smirk" as he left the building - disbelief and thinking we are foolish for firing him.

Hearing Elway speak today, the thing that struck me the most was that he seemed to have a good understanding of successful management. Ironically someone posted a bit about how Matt Millen talked about wishing Elway luck, and how he failed himself because he didn't realize that the job was more about management than x's and o's. Listening to John today I got the impression that he understands that quite well - almost everything he said was about making the right management decisions - getting the right people in place, setting down a vision and executing it.

strafen
01-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Humility is not something we have heard a lot of recently. McD has some talents, but he seemed to think he is smarter than everyone else in every facet of football. Thus "the smirk" as he left the building - disbelief and thinking we are foolish for firing him.

Hearing Elway speak today, the thing that struck me the most was that he seemed to have a good understanding of successful management. Ironically someone posted a bit about how Matt Millen talked about wishing Elway luck, and how he failed himself because he didn't realize that the job was more about management than x's and o's. Listening to John today I got the impression that he understands that quite well - almost everything he said was about making the right management decisions - getting the right people in place, setting down a vision and executing it.

Hell yeah. The final product is the team on the field.
You've gotta have a good product.

Circle Orange
01-05-2011, 07:38 PM
I was hoping he'd wear that sweet yellow jacket he got in Canton.

not with the orange tie!! Ha!

baja
01-05-2011, 07:40 PM

I can't even give him bad marks on public speaking. He spoke with an unfakeable honesty and true excitement about the job he has wanted and prepared for these past ten years. It wasn't polished but it was just what we all needed to hear.

Circle Orange
01-05-2011, 07:42 PM
personally I find your avatar very sexy. ;D

But I also post after drinking so what do I know.

Alky-Hall ish a terribul substance. HIC. :alky:

Sho...whut did John sayy agin at da press confirince?

Circle Orange
01-05-2011, 07:49 PM

ahhh...what you say?

Me too busy geeking... ;D

OrangeSe7en
01-05-2011, 08:03 PM

Yeah, I did catch that. Apparently he noticed Xanders throwing people under the bus like many of the fans did. Its kind of nice to know Elway notices these things. It sounded to me like Elway was skeptical about Xanders and even like he was kind of forced on Elway. Whatever. I liked that Elway spoke candidly in that way. He's also talked about transparency in the KOA interview with Dave Logan. The fans should be doing backflips when hearing that.

baja
01-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I did catch that. Apparently he noticed Xanders throwing people under the bus like many of the fans did. Its kind of nice to know Elway notices these things. It sounded to me like Elway was skeptical about Xanders and even like he was kind of forced on Elway. Whatever. I liked that Elway spoke candidly in that way. He's also talked about transparency in the KOA interview with Dave Logan. The fans should be doing backflips when hearing that.

where is that interview?

Dagmar
01-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Finally got to watch.

That was utterly tremendous!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa182/BestRappAround/excited.gif

OrangeSe7en
01-05-2011, 08:11 PM
where is that interview?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96205

baja
01-05-2011, 08:14 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96205

No I mean the Dave Logan interview. This is his presser.

Dagmar
01-05-2011, 08:18 PM
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KOA2-IP/John%20Elway%20with%20Dave%20Logan%201%20on%201.mp 3

baja
01-05-2011, 08:20 PM
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KOA2-IP/John%20Elway%20with%20Dave%20Logan%201%20on%201.mp 3

Thanks Rusty

footstepsfrom#27
01-05-2011, 08:25 PM
I wonder if Elway could come in and play a series or two even today?

OrangeSe7en
01-05-2011, 08:38 PM
No I mean the Dave Logan interview. This is his presser.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=187018671324455&id=108365224286

yerner
01-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I don't know if it will work but just by watching this first press conference I felt that their was a better vibe in the room that hasn't been around since 2005. Things might be looking up.