PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cable let go

chawknz
01-04-2011, 06:44 PM
No longer HC of the Raiders

OABB
01-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Wow. They finally get a good coach and they fire him. Long live al Davis.

AmericanBroncFan
01-04-2011, 06:46 PM
We need an Oline coach that gets players playing hard. Oak has to the biggest joke around. They finally get back some respect this year and they fire the man behind it.

Ratboy
01-04-2011, 06:47 PM
and... Josh McDaniels will soon be hired on as Raiders HC?

AmericanBroncFan
01-04-2011, 06:48 PM

Or Harbough surprises everybody and takes a ready made team.

Ratboy
01-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Or Harbough surprises everybody and takes a ready made team.

I could see it happening.

Likwid Kerruj
01-04-2011, 06:51 PM
But Cable didn't have enough time to install his system!

LOL

Popps
Got a link on this one?

Just not seeing it anywhere...

ScottXray
Wow...Just WOW. Is Davis REALLY senile.
I can't believe they did this>

broncosteven
01-04-2011, 06:53 PM

If so can we trade Orton to him for 2 1sts?

Dagmar
01-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Got a link on this one?

Just not seeing it anywhere...

Adam Schefter just filed it to ESPN

Ratboy
01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
I am not sure why people think Tom Cable did anything special.

4-8
5-11
8-8

Sure, he got better, but according to most on the mane, there is a 3 year rule.

schaaf
01-04-2011, 06:57 PM
For anyone to turn the raiders around and back to 8-8 deserves a nobel peace prize (even if he beat his fair share of women and assistant coaches along the way) haha

Ratboy
01-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Adam saying Hue Jackson leading candidate to replace Cable.

Tim
01-04-2011, 06:58 PM
thanks al

Dagmar
01-04-2011, 06:58 PM
thanks al

This indeed.

NUB
01-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Long live the Dark Emperor.

footstepsfrom#27
01-04-2011, 07:05 PM
http://media.kitsapsun.com/media/img/photos/2010/10/28/20101028-205500-pic-452271972_t607.jpg

Likwid Kerruj
01-04-2011, 07:06 PM
At least Cable never gave McDaniels the head pat.

broncosteven
01-04-2011, 07:09 PM
At least Cable never gave McDaniels the head pat.

I think 58 points in one game was enough humilation.

NUB
01-04-2011, 07:11 PM

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3565/loldmc.jpg

broncosteven
01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3565/loldmc.jpg

So I for the extra point.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
I am not sure why people think Tom Cable did anything special.

4-8
5-11
8-8

Sure, he got better, but according to most on the mane, there is a 3 year rule.

he had jafatty for 2 of those years

Likwid Kerruj
01-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Ha, 59 points in 3 quarters!

UberBroncoMan
01-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Al Davis...you really are a ****ing idiot.

Good Job!

Mogulseeker
01-04-2011, 08:22 PM
We need an Oline coach that gets players playing hard. Oak has to the biggest joke around. They finally get back some respect this year and they fire the man behind it.

This. Would not mind Cable at O-line or even O-coordinator.

srphoenix
01-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Dude goes 6-0 in the division and gets fired, seems pretty rediculous, but its the raiders so it makes sense. Hue Jackson has been getting requests from other teams though so maybe they were afraid of losing him and valued him on the team more than Cable.

montrose
01-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Of every bad move the Raiders have made over the last ten years, this one is #1 - and that's really, really saying something.

montrose
01-04-2011, 08:27 PM
SF Chronicle reports Hue Jackson to get the job - no suprise.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?entry_id=80336

baja
01-04-2011, 08:31 PM
All of you that think Al Davis is an idiot for firing Cable you must want to hire Cable for the Broncos HC right?

cabronco
01-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Al ice is truely in Wonder-land. Or is it senile-land. Whatever it is keep up the debacle Al.

Kaylore
01-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Hire him to be the o-line coach.

cutthemdown
01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Adam saying Hue Jackson leading candidate to replace Cable.

This is all about keeping Jackson and less about cable. Jackson made the offense, runs the offense, calls the plays, Davis wants to keep him.

bronco610
01-04-2011, 08:58 PM
This. Would not mind Cable at O-line or even O-coordinator.

I dont know, if there is any truth to the rumors of abusing women I dont want him in the Denver organization.

Connecticut Bronco Fan
01-04-2011, 09:17 PM
All of you that think Al Davis is an idiot for firing Cable you must want to hire Cable for the Broncos HC right?

Last time we hired a Former Oakland HC we won the Super Bowl shortly thereafter, just sayin. :strong:

:sunshine::sunshine::sunshine:

~Crash~
01-04-2011, 09:19 PM

let me get you right ? Al had made some crazy ass hirings most coachs don't want the raiders coaching job and you think Cable did ****ty job?

baja
01-04-2011, 09:23 PM
let me get you right ? Al had made some crazy ass hirings most coachs don't want the raiders coaching job and you think Cable did ****ty job?

No just pointing the hypocrisy, Al is nuts for firing him yet the best he can do for our 2 and 14 team is O line coach. Just think it's humorous. ;D

Broncobiv
01-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Of every bad move the Raiders have made over the last ten years, this one is #1 - and that's really, really saying something.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQ3Q-FoSJwA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQ3Q-FoSJwA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

listopencil
01-04-2011, 09:26 PM

Look at his record. Now look at McD's. Now look back at his record, now look back at McD's again. Sadly, it's better than McD's. Now if McD wasn't a lady our players could play like his. Look down. Back up...now we have no coach, no man that could coach like Cable coached. Look at Cable. He's a Head coach. Look again, he's not coaching anything. Anything is possible when the owner is a mindless wonder. Now look again. I'm on a horse.

baja
01-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Last time we hired a Former Oakland HC we won the Super Bowl shortly thereafter, just sayin. :strong:

:sunshine::sunshine::sunshine:

You might be on to something there... ;D

montrose
01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQ3Q-FoSJwA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQ3Q-FoSJwA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Firing Cable is worse, IMO.

baja
01-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Look at his record. Now look at McD's. Now look back at his record, now look back at McD's again. Sadly, it's better than McD's. Now if McD wasn't a lady our players could play like his. Look down. Back up...now we have no coach, no man that could coach like Cable coached. Look at Cable. He's a Head coach. Look again, he's not coaching anything. Anything is possible when the owner is a mindless wonder. Now look again. I'm on a horse.

Look at this;

You completely missed the point.

I'm on a bulldozer.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Just when I thought Davis was couldn't screw things up any worse, he does something like this --- AND TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!!!!

Dagmar
01-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Just when I thought Davis was couldn't screw things up any worse, he does something like this --- AND TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!!!!

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/DumbandDumber001.jpg

baja
01-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Here's the point;

People here admonish Al for firing Cable yet they would not want him coaching the Broncos.

I think Al made the right move Cable did his job and brought them as far as he could.

The Raiders will be good next year.

bronco militia
01-04-2011, 09:37 PM

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!

listopencil
01-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Here's the point;

People here admonish Al for firing Cable yet they would not want him coaching the Broncos.

I think Al made the right move Cable did his job and brought them as far as he could.

The Raiders will be good next year.

No, here's the point;

The Raiders finally had an upswing after many miserable seasons of abject failure.

Even though they missed the playoffs, they beat every other team in their division twice. Including beating the living **** out of our team.

The organization (we assume Al Davis) responds by promptly firing the Head Coach. Ridiculous.

Now look, I'm on a horse again.

bronco610
01-04-2011, 09:58 PM

Monty Python ?

baja
01-04-2011, 10:02 PM
No, here's the point;

The Raiders finally had an upswing after many miserable seasons of abject failure.

Even though they missed the playoffs, they beat every other team in their division twice. Including beating the living **** out of our team.

The organization (we assume Al Davis) responds by promptly firing the Head Coach. Ridiculous.

Now look, I'm on a horse again.

Than you must want Cable as the Broncos HC right?

Agamemnon
01-04-2011, 10:09 PM

If I didn't think he was a loathsome human being I would actually. Unfortunately I really do think he's a loathsome human being. He was a perfect fit for the Raiders though and had them playing well.

baja
01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
If I didn't think he was a loathsome human being I would actually. Unfortunately I really do think he's a loathsome human being. He was a perfect fit for the Raiders though and had them playing well.

Yes he did but I think his ceiling had been reached and the Raiders are ready for the next step. Actually Al Davis is stringing together some good moves lately. Wonder if he is still making the decisions?

Taco John
01-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Here's the point;

It's not much of a point. You're missing the context of continuity.

Agamemnon
01-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes he did but I think his ceiling had been reached and the Raiders are ready for the next step. Actually Al Davis is stringing together some good moves lately. Wonder if he is still making the decisions?

I'm not sure what you're basing the conclusion that he had reached his ceiling off of. Is there any evidence of that?

baja
01-04-2011, 10:32 PM
It's not much of a point. You're missing the context of continuity.

He's good enough for the Raiders but he's not good enough for the 4 and 12 Broncos. If you thought he was a good coach you would be all over bringing him in here. You don't want him here yet Al is a fool for not wanting him there because of continuity.

I will say now the Raiders will be better next year with a new coach than the were this year.

baja
01-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm not sure what you're basing the conclusion that he had reached his ceiling off of. Is there any evidence of that?

I'm no expert but he seems to have limits as a head coach. His anger rules him for one thing.

Agamemnon
01-04-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm no expert but he seems to have limits as a head coach. His anger rules him for one thing.

Cowher and Gruden are both angry coaches and they both won Super Bowls...

listopencil
01-04-2011, 10:40 PM

No, there isn't anything in this situation that dictates what I must or must not want.

Ugly Duck
01-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Shane Lechler rips Al Davis a new one....

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/video?PID=Tl26x644SQhefTRKgjfu8GpDku9X7469

Taco John
01-04-2011, 10:59 PM
He's good enough for the Raiders but he's not good enough for the 4 and 12 Broncos. If you thought he was a good coach you would be all over bringing him in here. You don't want him here yet Al is a fool for not wanting him there because of continuity.

I will say now the Raiders will be better next year with a new coach than the were this year.

To be clear, I think Tom Cable is a joke. But I think he's improved that Raider team, so there's that.

SoCalBronco
01-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Tom Cable did a very good job for that team. He's a hardnosed, no nonsense coach who did a good job coaching up his backs and his OL. 8-8 is about as good as it gets for the Raiders, not sure what else Greasy Al could have reasonably expected.

I'm sure he'll get a job pretty soon.

Taco John
01-04-2011, 11:00 PM
shane lechler rips al davis a new one....

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/video?pid=tl26x644sqheftrkgjfu8gpdku9x7469

lol!

Taco John
01-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Tom Cable did a very good job for that team. He's a hardnosed, no nonsense coach who did a good job coaching up his backs and his OL. 8-8 is about as good as it gets for the Raiders, not sure what else Greasy Al could have reasonably expected.

It's impressive any time you sweep your division. That's remarkable.

boltaneer
01-04-2011, 11:11 PM

Agreed 100%.

Agamemnon
01-04-2011, 11:21 PM
May Al Davis live forever. :yayaya:

baja
01-04-2011, 11:22 PM

Was the improvement on Cable or was that Jackson the guy that looks like will be the Raiders new HC. If Cable was responsible the move makes no sense but if Jackson was the one responsible and he gets the HC job well you gotta say good move..

If Cable is the main reason the Raiders are finally playing good football well it's hard to imagine that even Al Davis is crazy enough to fire him. Is he?

strafen
01-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Tom Cable did alright. He wasn't given talent across the board, except at RB's and WR's.
They're missing a big time QB.
I think that's what's hurt them. They will get over the hump if the get an elite QB.

That said, Tom Cable is not a Denver Broncos type coach.
His personality is not what this franchise represents...

Bronco Yoda
01-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Wow.

Cable was a perfect fit for the Raiders.

This is so awesome!

Thank you crazy Al. May they keep pumping formaldehyde into your crispy corpse for 100 more years!

baja
01-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Just heard on the SF station Raiders have 20 free agents this year. Not a good year to fire a popular coach. LOL

Bronco Yoda
01-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Lechler call out Al Davis on the Radio. LMAO.

Fire him Al!

Don't let him diss you like that!

baja
01-05-2011, 05:09 AM
Lechler call out Al Davis on the Radio. LMAO.

Fire him Al!

Don't let him diss you like that!

If the rest of the team feels like that Al surly stepped in it again. At first I thought he was getting rid of someone he never planned to be a long term solution at HC but this could blow up in his face with the players.

Gort
01-05-2011, 05:22 AM
Tom Cable did alright. He wasn't given talent across the board, except at RB's and WR's.
They're missing a big time QB.
I think that's what's hurt them. They will get over the hump if the get an elite QB.

That said, Tom Cable is not a Denver Broncos type coach.
His personality is not what this franchise represents...

when Frown Cannon wears out his welcome in CHI, he'll end up in OAK. he'll have to come up with something new for his press conference though... i'm not sure many Raiders fans can count to 6, much less 9... unless they take off their shoes and use their toes.

kappys
01-05-2011, 05:46 AM
I'll go on the record saying I wouldn't mind Cable here even as HC - but there are a number of others I would prefer first and certainly some that should come later.

The main reason is that I give Cable a big pass for the Jabust years - he clearly wanted him out but Greasy Al insisted he start. There just isn't much you can do to win games when you don't dare to pass the ball.

Kaylore
01-05-2011, 05:55 AM

No it doesn't. Not on game day, anyway. I've never seen him make him a call or go crazy with anger on the sideline. And let's be real: He's coached the Raiders for a few years so it's not like he hasn't had anything to get mad about. The only guy I've seen have anger issues real bad recently is Todd Haley.

baja
01-05-2011, 05:59 AM
No it doesn't. Not on game day, anyway. I've never seen him make him a call or go crazy with anger on the sideline. And let's be real: He's coached the Raiders for a few years so it's not like he hasn't had anything to get mad about. The only guy I've seen have anger issues real bad recently is Todd Haley.

I don't know when you beat up one of your assistants I'd say thats letting your anger rule you. On the other hand maybe that's what makes him a good fit for the Raiders. ;D

baja
01-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if Hue Jackson, the guy Al supposably wants takes the SF job and Al is left hanging after he fired Cable.

Rohirrim
01-05-2011, 07:45 AM
So, if Lechler is right and Michael Bush and Gallery won't want to return, I always wanted Bush for the Broncos, and I still do. He'd be a great matchup with Moreno. Gallery woulnd't be a bad choice at LG and move Beadles to RT.

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 09:10 AM
No just pointing the hypocrisy, Al is nuts for firing him yet the best he can do for our 2 and 14 team is O line coach. Just think it's humorous. ;D

If Al is firing Cable because he's scared Jackson is gonna leave then he again is shooting himself in the foot. Basically, he's firing a good coach so that another team does not hire his OC. That's like taking a draft pick so that another team does not pick that draft pick.

Al Davis is letting a good guy go (a raider guy) so that another team does not hire his OC. Whatever. It basically screws with continuity and demonstrates that Al has no loyalty. He's the creepiest of creeps. Al demands unbridled loyalty from his staff, yet puts a knife in your back the minute he feels threatened.

Long live the crypt keeper!!

baja
01-05-2011, 09:22 AM
If Al is firing Cable because he's scared Jackson is gonna leave then he again is shooting himself in the foot. Basically, he's firing a good coach so that another team does not hire his OC. That's like taking a draft pick so that another team does not pick that draft pick.

<b>Al Davis is letting a good guy go (a raider guy) so that another team does not hire his OC.</b> Whatever. It basically screws with continuity and demonstrates that Al has no loyalty. He's the creepiest of creeps. Al demands unbridled loyalty from his staff, yet puts a knife in your back the minute he feels threatened.

Long live the crypt keeper!!

If true that is beyond crazy. If true the league should step in.

Raider Bill
01-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Meh.. Cable has reached his ceiling IMO. 99 percent of the Raiders improvement this year can be attributed to Hue Jackson's offense and a fantastic draft. Neither of which Cable is responsible for. Cable was brought in (under Kiffin) to run the chop block and vaseline scheme which we dont run anymore.

baja
01-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Meh.. Cable has reached his ceiling IMO. 99 percent of the Raiders improvement this year can be attributed to Hue Jackson.

See this is what I thought but when your punter of 10 years jumps in and basically calls out Al Davis and speculates that many of your 20 free agents will now leave because of the firing than I am forced to rethink my opinion.

What is the consensus in Raider land?

jhns
01-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Haha, stupid turds. Fire the coach that had your team getting better. Typical turd move. He was the perfect fit too. Who else will punch assistant coaches that get out of line? I guess they were looking for someone that uses a shank instead.

Raider Bill
01-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Some are irate, some are cool with it.. some think we're after Harbaugh.....AD really wanted him to stay on as OC when he took that Univ of SD job.

Cable did his thing here, but he's just another meathead line coach like Rod Marinelli, nothing special IMO. Just a product of having some good coordinators.

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Some are irate, some are cool with it.. some think we're after Harbaugh.....AD really wanted him to stay on as OC when he took that Univ of SD job.

Cable did his thing here, but he's just another meathead line coach like Rod Marinelli, nothing special IMO. Just a product of having some good coordinators.

And that is very much the case, but the fact is that no one wants to coach for the raiders because Davis is so unstable. Cable took the job when no one else wanted it. The team is actually on the upswing because Cable weathered the storm. Now that Cable has been axed do you really think Harbaugh wants to step into the meat grinder? No way. Hue Jackson my come in and be the next HC but I guarantee you if the faiders don't get into the playoffs next year, he will be the sacrificial lamb...

baja
01-05-2011, 09:52 AM
And that is very much the case, but the fact is that no one wants to coach for the raiders because Davis is so unstable. Cable took the job when no one else wanted it. The team is actually on the upswing because Cable weathered the storm. Now that Cable has been axed do you really think Harbaugh wants to step into the meat grinder? No way. Hue Jackson my come in and be the next HC but I guarantee you if the faiders don't get into the playoffs next year, he will be the sacrificial lamb...

If you are Hue Jackson which job do you accept? HC of Al's Raiders or HC for the 49ers across the bay.

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 09:56 AM
If you are Hue Jackson which job do you accept? HC of Al's Raiders or HC for the 49ers across the bay.

49ers in a heartbeat. No way I coach under Al Davis, he's too unstable. Please remember, if you do win under Davis, you don't have job security (see Gruden). If Al feels threatened, you're gone, franchise be damned.

boltaneer
01-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Of all the pro and college teams supposedly after Harbaugh, does Al really think he'll choose them? :rofl:

Raider Bill
01-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I have my issues with Al, but you're just being ridiculous.

Unless my math is off, Singletary's tenure was the same length as Tom Cables.

If I'm reading the tea leaves right, Harbaugh is going to SF and Hue Jackson is just fufilling the Rooney rule without the 49'ers having to pop for air fare.

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 10:41 AM
I have my issues with Al, but you're just being ridiculous.

Unless my math is off, Singletary's tenure was the same length as Tom Cables.

If I'm reading the tea leaves right, Harbaugh is going to SF and Hue Jackson is just fufilling the Rooney rule without the 49'ers having to pop for air fare.

Try not to be a raiders fan and answer this question. If you're Harbaugh and you have to choose between Oakland and SF, which do you take all things being equal?

Raider Bill
01-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Of all the pro and college teams supposedly after Harbaugh, does Al really think he'll choose them? :rofl:

Bare in mind, this article was written back in 2008.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/11/04/sounds-like-jim-harbaugh-is-al-davis-clear-choice-if-harbaugh-wants-to-be-a-raider/

Raider Bill
01-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Try not to be a raiders fan and answer this question. If you're Harbaugh and you have to choose between Oakland and SF, which do you take all things being equal?

I'm not Harbaugh.. apparently he's pretty fond of Al Davis. If you read my post I said he's probably going to SF though. HJ fufills SF's Rooney rule requirement.

But Harbaugh loves the Raiders and loves Al even more. He just does. Thereís chemistry there.

Every decent coach in the sport runs away from Al like heís the Devil Incarnate, and for some that he has hired, thatís exactly who He is.

But Harbaugh coached on the offensive staff for two years in Oakland, thatís where he got his NFL coaching start. He has a powerful personality that connected with AD from the start. Harbaugh still goes out of his way to praise AD and nuzzle up to the Legend and Image of the Greatness.

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm not Harbaugh.. apparently he's pretty fond of Al Davis.

As an outsider, it might be easy to be fond of Al, but as his HC, do you take the job over SF? Both Oak and SF have young talent but no real QB, both teams are in pretty similar situations.

So, if your Harbaugh (take your raider's cap off!) do you pick Oak or SF?

Raider Bill
01-05-2011, 10:59 AM
As an outsider, it might be easy to be fond of Al, but as his HC, do you take the job over SF? Both Oak and SF have young talent but no real QB, both teams are in pretty similar situations.

So, if your Harbaugh (take your raider's cap off!) do you pick Oak or SF?

He's not an outsider, he was an offensive assistant for the Raiders.

Did you read my post? I already said that Harbaugh is probably going to SF. But Harbaugh to the Raiders is not as farfetched as you may think.

Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh may be in play for the Oakland Raiders.

@Raiders3023: @mortreport Does Hue Jackson take over? >> Some expect a dance with Harbaugh, too

@MrMichael_Smith: I know there's the whole Al Davis thing, but keep in mind he worked for him b4, so what's the better Bay Area gig for Harbaugh? OAK or SF?
Chris Mortenson & Michael Smith

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Did you read my post? I already said that Harbaugh is probably going to SF. But Harbaugh to the Raiders is not as farfetched as you may think.

You still did not answer the question but ok...

Raider Bill
01-05-2011, 11:07 AM
It doesnt matter what I think, I'm not Jim Harbaugh.

If the Yorks were going to saddle me with Alex Smith, I'd probably take the Oakland job.

Rohirrim
01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
If Harbaugh does go to the Raiders, the Mane will fill up with posts of how bad he sucks. Ha!

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 11:10 AM
It doesnt matter what I think, I'm not Jim Harbaugh.

If the Yorks were going to saddle me with Alex Smith, I'd probably take the Oakland job.

The Alex Smith ship has sailed, you know that!

Raider Bill
01-05-2011, 11:10 AM
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2008/12/31/harbaugh-and-the-raiders-a-viewers-guide/

*** Why would Harbaugh want the Raiders?

First, he wants to be an NFL head coach, either now or someday.

That makes perfect sense given that he spent so much time in the league — you do that, it becomes a part of you — and that his brother is a current head coach.

But of equal importance in this case: Harbaugh likes Al and believes in the Raiders.

*** Seriously?

Yep, he’s one of a handful of people on the planet who drink the Silver and Black Kool-Aid.

*** Would he take the Raiders job if offered?

In my opinion: Yes.

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM
If Harbaugh does go to the Raiders, the Mane will fill up with posts of how bad he sucks. Ha!

no doubt. Being that he's even considering the faiders, I have my doubts about his abilities...ROFL!

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2008/12/31/harbaugh-and-the-raiders-a-viewers-guide/

this is the same paper who also drinks the Al Davis kool-aide... not a real reliable source IMHO...

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 11:16 AM
I wonder if Harbaugh would shun the Broncos due to his loyalty to Davis? I can see him sayng "no" to the Broncos but not saying "yes" to Oakland just to keep Davis on his good side...

Missouribronc
01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
"I just want to know what the hell is going on." — Shane Lechler.

That's effing classic. That interview was awesome.

strafen
01-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Why do we have a 5-page thread dedicated to Tom Cable?
Lol! ROFL!

Rohirrim
01-05-2011, 11:32 AM
"I just want to know what the hell is going on." ó Shane Lechler.

That's effing classic. That interview was awesome.

Somebody should have said, "You're the punter. STFU." :rofl:

Raider Bill
01-05-2011, 11:55 AM
See this is what I thought but when your punter of 10 years jumps in and basically calls out Al Davis and speculates that many of your 20 free agents will now leave because of the firing than I am forced to rethink my opinion.

?

The Raiders were in a lot worse shape back when Asmougha and Lechler signed their deals yet they still signed.

Missouribronc
01-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Somebody should have said, "You're the punter. STFU." :rofl:

Their kicker went and got liquored up and spouted his mouth.

bronco militia
01-05-2011, 12:01 PM
no doubt. Being that he's even considering the faiders, I have my doubts about his abilities...ROFL!

Ha!

bendog
01-05-2011, 12:06 PM
A$'s probably just jealous the denver broncos personnel moves were actually more a ridiculious cluster**** than his. Kudo's raiders fans, A$'s taken back the mantle as most bat **** crazy fail.

Play2win
01-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Their kicker went and got liquored up and spouted his mouth.

At least he didn't get 2nd burns and get put on the IR-- from a freaking fondu party... Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Lechler has been Oakland's MVP for the better part of a decade now. I think the man should be heard...

bendog
01-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Lechler has been Oakland's MVP for the better part of a decade now. I think the man should be heard...

yeah, but nothing will ever change the dysfuntion that A$ D$v$s imparts to that franchise. Nothing anyone says will ever change anyting until that guy dies. Long Live A$!

Raider Bill
01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I hope our draft is just as dysfunctional next season.. we owned this past draft.... Hell Don Banks had 4 of our guys going in the 1st round in his "redraft"

You guys are going to saddle some poor guy with Tebow and that ridiculous wind up.....I mean you traded up to draft Scott Frost.