PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler got the last laugh.

Pages : 1 [2]

bendog
01-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Cutler's going to ****ing wreck GB

I don't know. Matty Ice is the darling, but I think GB has the best qb playing today. Not to diss lambchop.

TheReverend
01-16-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't know. Matty Ice is the darling, but I think GB has the best qb playing today. Not to diss lambchop.

Not arguing that. He's still going to rape GB and the Bears will go to the SB.

bendog
01-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Not arguing that. He's still going to rape GB and the Bears will go to the SB.

Well, I hope so. I loved watching the guy at Vandy and in Den. He could create a TD on any play. Not that I minded the trade, I just minded "Josh's" drafts

OrangenBlueOhio
01-16-2011, 05:23 PM
It's what Denver can do with the picks we got, Mcdaniels no longer in my equation and I stated that earlier. Not my fault you pansy asses give up on the Broncos so soon. We can still use picks and players we got from that deal. Wise up and see the big picture. The day anyone leaves the Broncos I could care less about them. If like some players, Kennisson, Cutler want to bash the team on the way out they will be on my **** list forever. I won't admit Cutler gets last laugh on the Broncos until we have exhausted all chances.

The thread was Cutler has last laugh. I don't see that as Cutler vs Mcdaniels. I could care less about him. It's all about Broncos getting last laugh and we will when Tebow kicks ass, is a leader, we get a good 2nd round pick from that Marshall trade, he kicks ass, breaks Cutlers back, end of story.

It ain't ovah yet.

You say you "could care less about him" yet you believe we're gonna get the steal of the draft in the 2nd round, cuz of mcd's trade. Do you even believe the stuff you post?

WolfpackGuy
01-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Rodgers is on a tear.

Should be a great matchup on Sunday.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-16-2011, 05:41 PM
This comparison is naturally stupid because everything else isn't equal. With Cutler here, the Broncos would still suck, and Rex Grossman took basically the same team to the super bowl 3 years ago. Jay is playing well, even though hes a big veiny dick and i will not be rooting for him.

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 05:42 PM
This comparison is naturally stupid because everything else isn't equal. With Cutler here, the Broncos would still suck, and Rex Grossman took basically the same team to the super bowl 3 years ago. Jay is playing well, even though hes a big veiny dick and i will not be rooting for him. Wow this MVPlaya all over again. Shut up.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Wow this MVPlaya all over again. Shut up.

I'm not saying Jay isn't playing very well, but it's a very similar team. How is this deniable?

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm not saying Jay isn't playing very well, but it's a very similar team. How is this deniable?

I can tell 20 ways it's different but let's start with one fact: Jay was sacked twice as much as Sexy Rexy. 25 vs 50 times.

Dudeskey
01-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Jay Cutler is in the final 4, while the guy who traded him got fired midway through his 2nd season.

The laugh has been had.

This...™

Archer81
01-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I can tell 20 ways it's different but let's start with one fact: Jay was sacked twice as much as Sexy Rexy. 25 vs 50 times.

Cutler was sacked 52 times, chief.

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang
01-16-2011, 05:54 PM

Whatever. It's a similar team carried by defense and ST (and this year some luck...but that's football). Again, Jay is playing within himself and some great football, but it's not like Denver would be in the afc championship if cutler was still here. Not with our d. So again, it's a dumb comparison

Archer81
01-16-2011, 05:57 PM
<TABLE class=tablehead border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right ?><TD align=left>SPLIT</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>YPA</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>SACK</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2010</TD><TD>261</TD><TD>432</TD><TD>3274</TD><TD>60.4</TD><TD>7.58</TD><TD>89</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>86.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Cutler was sacked 52 times, chief.

ha yeah

AZorange1
01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Your Chiefs were out before the 7-9 Seahawks, (which are a better team) and you toss out digs at Denver just because Cutler had a decent day. (for a change) Wait till he plays Green Bay.

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Whatever. It's a similar team carried by defense and ST (and this year some luck...but that's football). Again, Jay is playing within himself and some great football, but it's not like Denver would be in the afc championship if cutler was still here. Not with our d. So again, it's a dumb comparison

A better question is... would our D still suck like it does today... if McDaniels had perceived (as everyone else who watches football clearly saw) it (defense) as the area of immediate need... instead of placing "dismantling and rebuilding the offense" first?

broncosteven
01-16-2011, 06:56 PM
A better question is... would our D still suck like it does today... if McDaniels had perceived (as everyone else who watches football clearly saw) it (defense) as the area of immediate need... instead of placing "dismantling and rebuilding the offense" first?

He was just trying to be Tough, Smart, and Physical...when that failed there was "Chuck it deep to Lloyd"

bendog
01-16-2011, 06:56 PM
i'm not saying jay isn't playing very well, but it's a very similar team. How is this deniable?

this cah-nawt be dah-nayed

cutthemdown
01-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Cutler's going to ****ing wreck GB

Really? Hmmm when the line comes out let's talk a bet.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
He was just trying to be Tough, Smart, and Physical...when that failed there was "Chuck it deep to Lloyd"

As much as I like some things Josh did, if his hot wife were wearing nothing but a leather teddy, Josh would still prefer to just "Chuck it deep to Lloyd".

We know Gene knows better though. :)

cutthemdown
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Because Mcdaniels did more then just trade Cutler there are many pieces to the puzzle. We still have some players, Orton, a 2nd for Marshall we can use to try and get some talent. In the end it will be how will Broncos do going forward for the next 2-3 years before we know for sure Cutler got last laugh.

Hell Cutler could still implode in the championship game, mope around, meltdown, act like a baby and then what?

Gutless Drunk
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Looks like Cutler actually helped make the defense better:

"Julius Peppers could see it to a great degree, which is why he signed with the Bears as a free agent when just about every team in the NFL would have welcomed him. "It wasn't a roll of the dice," Peppers said, when I asked him to look back. "It was a calculated approach I took. I'm looking at the roster and seeing Jay Cutler, a young playmaker coming into his prime as a quarterback. On the defensive side, I'm thinking, 'OK, if I'm out there with [Brian] Urlacher and [Lance] Briggs we should be in just about every game, just from a defensive standpoint.'

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6028545

I can't believe Kyle Orton didn't lure any all pro payers here..idiots!

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Because Mcdaniels did more then just trade Cutler there are many pieces to the puzzle. We still have some players, Orton, a 2nd for Marshall we can use to try and get some talent. In the end it will be how will Broncos do going forward for the next 2-3 years before we know for sure Cutler got last laugh.

Hell Cutler could still implode in the championship game, mope around, meltdown, act like a baby and then what?

Then he still got to the NFC Title game, which is a great achievement for him....far more than what we've done lately. I love how you guys keep moving the goalposts back.

Soon its going to be...."so what that he got to the Super Bowl, if he can't beat the big bad Steelers he's a huge failure"......meanwhile we're 4-12 and calling other people huge failures.

LMAO

colonelbeef
01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Then he still got to the NFC Title game, which is a great achievement for him....far more than what we've done lately. I love how you guys keep moving the goalposts back.

Soon its going to be...."so what that he got to the Super Bowl, if he can't beat the big bad Steelers he's a huge failure"......meanwhile we're 4-12 and calling other people huge failures.

LMAO

Seriously.

QB gets traded. Team slips to 4-12. Coach who couldn't get along with him and traded him is fired midway through the worst season in team history. QB goes on to the NFCCG with a legit shot at making the superbowl, team that traded him is picking 2nd overall.

Fans of the team continue to delude themselves into thinking that this is ok, and all part of the plan.

lol.

Odysseus
01-16-2011, 07:27 PM

McD ripped the fan base apart and completely dismantled this team. Another year of Shanahan not getting the job done would have been equally bad from the fan's perspective.

I would love to see Cutler win the Super bowl. There is nothing like a ring to bring things into focus. Perhaps Bowlen wakes up and starts taking defense serious. As a long time Bears fan this just works for me.

Vikings signed Singletary as linebackers coach. I wish we did that.

El Guapo
01-16-2011, 07:32 PM
I was just telling my father today (who is a Cowboys fan) that I'm surprised Cutler doesn't slip a big "F.U." out to McDaniels. Although I suppose he doesn't need to say a word. He definitely has the last laugh.

Rigs11
01-16-2011, 07:35 PM

Yeah as if it was only mcd that did this. Shanny dismantled the 2005 team that was one game away from a sb.

Rigs11
01-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Seriously.

QB gets traded. Team slips to 4-12. Coach who couldn't get along with him and traded him is fired midway through the worst season in team history. QB goes on to the NFCCG with a legit shot at making the superbowl, team that traded him is picking 2nd overall.

Fans of the team continue to delude themselves into thinking that this is ok, and all part of the plan.

lol.

You skipped 2009 dude. I'm pretty sure ****ler sucked that year and we went 8-8

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 07:42 PM
McD ripped the fan base apart and completely dismantled this team. Another year of Shanahan not getting the job done would have been equally bad from the fan's perspective.

I would love to see Cutler win the Super bowl. There is nothing like a ring to bring things into focus. Perhaps Bowlen wakes up and starts taking defense serious. As a long time Bears fan this just works for me.

Vikings signed Singletary as linebackers coach. I wish we did that.

It's my hope that Fox will genuinely address the defense; that's what we've needed for a long time. Watching the playoffs, I find myself envious of teams that can stop the opposing offense shy of the first-down marker on 3rd-and-long (all too often it seems that if they're looking at 3rd-and-20, our defense will proceed to give up 21 yards... and the first down). I also envy the teams that can pin their opposition deep in their own territory. We've lost the field position battle pretty consistently of late.

Austin Bronco Fan
01-16-2011, 07:46 PM
It's my hope that Fox will genuinely address the defense; that's what we've needed for a long time. Watching the playoffs, I find myself envious of teams that can stop the opposing offense shy of the first-down marker on 3rd-and-long (all too often it seems that if they're looking at 3rd-and-20, our defense will proceed to give up 21 yards... and the first down). I also envy the teams that can pin their opposition deep in their own territory. We've lost the field position battle pretty consistently of late.

God I hope so too. Been WAY too long since we had even a servicable D.

We also need some ball control on offense. Chew up some clock and give the D a rest now and then. PLUS if we get stopped, chances are with Colquitt we can pin the opposition deep at the very least.

Gutless Drunk
01-16-2011, 07:48 PM

Yes...it appears that scoring defense might lead to post-season success

Austin Bronco Fan
01-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Interesting note on Cutler's game today. Last QB to pass for 2 TD and rush for 2 TD in the playoffs:

OTTO GRAHAM.

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah as if it was only mcd that did this. Shanny dismantled the 2005 team that was one game away from a sb.

This thread isn't about the 2005 team... or the events of 2006. Shanahan's coaching mistakes (determination to keep an ineffective DC) cost him his job. Same thing (his own coaching mistakes) cost Josh McDaniels his job as well.

Rigs11
01-16-2011, 08:10 PM
This thread isn't about the 2005 team... or the events of 2006. Shanahan's coaching mistakes (determination to keep an ineffective DC) cost him his job. Same thing (his own coaching mistakes) cost Josh McDaniels his job as well.

Exactly.people seem to forget around here though. They act like this team was awesome with cutler when it clearly wasn't. Cutler goes to another team with a great d and special teams and now all of a sudden we are supposed to think that trading him was a horrible choice and the downfall of the broncos because the bears are n the playoffs. Meanwhile orton is blamed for not winning with one of the worst defenses and a crap run game.

HAT
01-16-2011, 08:12 PM

Of course it would. Your buddy jizz and his ilk like to claim differently but they are wrong.....I'm all ears if anyone wants to take the time to present a well thought out argument to the contrary. ???

Here's the deal jhns..And everybody else who voted for Cutler in here....

Riddle me this:

If Jay & McD hit it off from day one, how does that make the 2009 draft any better?

Instead of Ayers AND Moreno, he probably takes one or the other. Agreed?

The second round gets more speculative. Without the Bears 2010 1st rounder, I doubt the 'Phons trade happens, but what if it did? Then they wouldn't have had a 2010 first rounder at all!

But for the purposes of our conversation, let's say he holds off. If he liked Phons enough to trade up...Surely he takes him instead of Mcbath at #48 right? Same goes for Quinn with the 3rd rounder trade deal.

The point is, McD wouldn't have taken different players....Just LESS of them.

#1 Moreno
#2 Smith
#3 Quinn
#4 Bruton (since he didn't take McBath at #48)
#5 McKinley
#6 Brandstater (McD would've still taken a project, even with jay)
#7 Schlueter

Okay so, the 2009 draft is basically no different with or without Jay. Next, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend the 2009 Broncos are a 9-7 or 10-6 wildcard (taking the Jets or Ravens place) They most likely go one and done so that brings us to the 2010 offseason.

The offense is clicking and everybody is happy so there is no Marshall or Scheffler trade. Denver is picking in the 25-27 range, what does McD do? I'll even make it easy on you and say that Dez & DT are gone to the Cowboys & Ravens ahead.....Just in case McD would've been tempted to replace Gaff.

Iupati and Pouncey are gone, the top LB's are gone, the top WR's are gone...Dan Williams seems logical as it was a need and many here wanted him. We now have a NT.

Moving on to round 2, Interior lineman are still a need but maybe not as much as one since Cutler is pretty mobile. If Denver took Beadles in the mid 2nd it stands to reason they still would 10 picks later right? And if he's gone than it's Ducasse.

Round 3: McD might be tempted to go WR here since he hasn't drafted one yet but there is a big run on WR's so he thinks better of it. In his mind Both lines have been addressed, the offense is set, so it's ILB or secondary most likely. I'm going to guess safety since he only got Bruton in 2009 and not McBath. Let's say Stuckey since he was the next S off the board 15 picks or so later.

OL depth & Defense is still the need so I doubt much changes in rounds 4-7....Cox, Olsen, Squid & Kirlew.

Cutler has no bearing on Hillis. Moreno is still McD's boy from 2009 and Simms still sucked when he had to play the 2nd half b/c of Cutlers slight concussion. Hillis for Brady still happens.

So after all of that....How is it that having Cutler would've allowed them to focus on the defense so much again?

The entire net gain defensively is Dan Williams?!?!? There is no new impact pass rusher, ILB or Safety.

Secondary is still Champ, Dawk & a bunch of misfits. LB core is probably the exact same, Doom is still IR'd, etc.

On offense we head into 2010 with Cutler instead of Orton, the backfield is still the same, B-marsh is productive but throws a few fits. Plus, Lloyd doesn't break out because out b/c B-Marsh is still hear. Willis is still hurt, McKinley is still dead (RIP). Scheffler is okay but probably gets injured and/or under-used by McD anyway. The O-line is okay with a gimpy Clady, an aging Wiegman & Kupe, Harris and a rookie. Cutler throws for 10-15% more yards, has half the sacks & 50% more INT's (Which WOULD happen in McD's offense).....But Denver still can't score in the red zone. Cutler and crew proved that in 2008, remember? And still no LenDale, Hillis or Tebow on the goal line.

Add that all up and maybe, MAYBE, Denver is a .500 team in 2010. Their is no way in hell that they win the AFCW or a WC.

Sooooooooo.....Bottom line, what you rather have going into 2011?

Cutler (with Brandy and a street FA as back ups), Moreno, B-marsh, Royal, Gaff, Lloyd, Scheff, decent Oline (have to replace Wiegman for sure by now), largely the same defensive needs...Picking in the middle of every round. And here's the kicker.......Wait for it.....McD still driving the bus!

Or.....

Tebow (with Orton or Quinn as back ups) Moreno, Lloyd, Royal, Thomas, Decker, still need a TE, but a new staff to look forward to, picking high in every round with an extra 2nd rounder for B-Marsh.

Basically it's either McD coaching Shanny's guys on offense and McD running the draft with middle round picks when we need impact players all over the defense.

Or...

A new staff, using McD's guys on offense and a new staff running the draft with high picks in every round plus extra picks still for Marshall & maybe even Orton.

Seems like a no brainer to me. It's beyond that over 40% have voted for the former here. ???

strafen
01-16-2011, 09:24 PM

Sorry, you're wrong.
This 2010 Besrs team has no runing game and a fleet of ****ty receivers.

Could it be smarter to say that Jay has improved under the right OC for him?
The dude has a very realistic chance of going to the SB aand winning it.

The denial will continue, but that doesn't stop karma from doing its work...

There's going to be a meltdown of epic proportions if Jay pulls it off...

strafen
01-16-2011, 09:28 PM
He was just trying to be Tough, Smart, and Physical...when that failed there was "Chuck it deep to Lloyd"In layman's terms, you are correct! ROFL!

kamakazi_kal
01-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Good for him.

everyone hates the guy for not really giving aSSSS**** what you think as a fan.

I'm pulling for him ....... as far as im concerned brady is the biggest douche in the league.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Sorry, you're wrong.
This 2010 Besrs team has no runing game and a fleet of ****ty receivers.

Could it be smarter to say that Jay has improved under the right OC for him?
The dude has a very realistic chance of going to the SB aand winning it.

The denial will continue, but that doesn't stop karma from doing its work...

There's going to be a meltdown of epic proportions if Jay pulls it off...

2006 Bears offense was 15th running the football, 14th in passing the football and tied for 2nd in PPG with 26.7. Leading passer was Rex Grossman, 262-480, 3193 yds, 23 tds 20 ints. Leading rusher Thomas Jones, 296 att, 1210 yards, 6 tds. Leading receiver was Muhammad, 60 rec, 863 yards, 5 tds. Offensive line gave up 25 sacks.

2010 bears offense is 22nd in running the ball, 28th passing and 21st in scoring offense at 20.9 ppg. Leading passer is Jay Cutler, 261-432, 3274 yds, 23 tds, 16 ints. Leading rusher is Matt Forte, 237 att, 1069 yards, 6 tds. Leading receiver is Knox 51 rec, 960 yards, 5tds. Offensive line gave up 56 sacks.

The two noteable differences are PPG and number of sacks allowed. Otherwise whats the difference between the two offenses?

strafen
01-16-2011, 09:47 PM

That's the ultimate wish and what every Cutler hater prays for to happen...
I think the Bears will beat the Packers at Soldier Field next Sunday...

OABB
01-16-2011, 09:48 PM

Definitely. And I can't wait for it to happen! Should be good times.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 09:50 PM
That's the ultimate wish and what every Cutler hater prays for to happen...I think the Bears will beat the Packers at Soldier Field next Sunday...

Its not a wish if his tendency is to implode in important games. He did it here, he has done it in Chicago. He may buck the trend and do very well and give the Bears a shot at a title. The more likely scenario is that he will allow the pressure to get to him, and he will pull a Jay and just chuck the ball to double covered receivers or take a sack at the wrong time.

Dont be so sensitive.

HAT
01-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Cutler could go 30/30 for 400 yards and 5 TDs in the NFCCG and the SB and it still won't change the fact that Denver is better off for trading him.

Unless of course somebody wants to tackle the question of how Denver would be better had McD and Jay been BFF's from day one?

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Exactly.people seem to forget around here though. They act like this team was awesome with cutler when it clearly wasn't. Cutler goes to another team with a great d and special teams and now all of a sudden we are supposed to think that trading him was a horrible choice and the downfall of the broncos because the bears are n the playoffs. Meanwhile orton is blamed for not winning with one of the worst defenses and a crap run game.

Orton wasn't "Problem #1" on the 2010 Broncos. And Jay Cutler wasn't "Problem #1" on the 2008 Broncos.

The 2010 Bears' O-line is statistically the worst in the league. As many sacks as Cutler has taken this year, it's a wonder he's still standing (and not on IR)... and has his team a single win away from the SB.

I don't think anyone considers the 2008 Broncos to have been "awesome"... however, 8-8 looks pretty good from the perspective of 4-12 with yet another total rebuild looming, meaning no progress to speak of was attained in the 2009 and 2010 seasons. We still have all the problems we had back then... plus a few on offense as well. Knowshon might be a good RB... if he could stay healthy. But to date, he hasn't been able to... and neither has Buckhalter. So by necessity we've had RBBC... which translated into problems with establishing the ground game.

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Cutler could go 30/30 for 400 yards and 5 TDs in the NFCCG and the SB and it still won't change the fact that Denver is better off for trading him.

Unless of course somebody wants to tackle the question of how Denver would be better had McD and Jay been BFF's from day one?

Why bother with useless speculation? That's not what happened and now we need to address the situation as it exists today instead of dwelling on stuff that happened 2 years ago.

Royalfan19
01-16-2011, 10:00 PM

If we are playing hypotheticals, i guess the other way to look at it is to say, what would've happened if Shanny stayed in Denver and got a new DC?

OR we hired Rex Ryan? Or Spags?

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 10:04 PM

http://www.shooped.org/home/images/memes/notsureifserious.jpg

Really, dude, you cant see how it would have benefitted Denver if Jay and Josh had been BFF's from Day One? Josh is an excellent passing game coach and an excellent developer of QB's. He turned garbage like Orton into a very good, serviceable QB. If he had the chance to use his coaching talents with Jay's natural talents, you don't think the product of that would have been hugely beneficial to our team?

http://brooklynian.com/smiles/facepalm.gif

Jason in LA
01-16-2011, 10:05 PM
People around here can hate him all they want, but he's a good QB, and he's in the conference championship game.

If the Broncos had kept him and fixed the defense, like a lot of us were hoping they'd do, maybe the Broncos would be in this position.

Oh well. I'm somewhat pulling for him, but I wouldn't say I'm rooting for him. He's no longer on the team, and I only root for Broncos. Go Tebow!

strafen
01-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Orton wasn't "Problem #1" on the 2010 Broncos. And Jay Cutler wasn't "Problem #1" on the 2008 Broncos.

The 2010 Bears' O-line is statistically the worst in the league. As many sacks as Cutler has taken this year, it's a wonder he's still standing (and not on IR)... and has his team a single win away from the SB.

I don't think anyone considers the 2008 Broncos to have been "awesome"... however, 8-8 looks pretty good from the perspective of 4-12 with yet another total rebuild looming, meaning no progress to speak of was attained in the 2009 and 2010 seasons. We still have all the problems we had back then... plus a few on offense as well. Knowshon might be a good RB... if he could stay healthy. But to date, he hasn't been able to... and neither has Buckhalter. So by necessity we've had RBBC... which translated into problems with establishing the ground game.That's troublesome.
you don't know how badly that makes me feel.
The freakin' idot of a coach we had was an utter failure.
My God, that guy needs to be locked up and not ever be allowed around a football again...

The ultimate joke is that the McDaniels fans wanted him to coach one more year. Imagine the mess of a 3-year reign of incompetency

baja
01-16-2011, 10:10 PM

Really, dude, you cant see how it would have benefitted Denver if Jay and Josh had been BFF's from Day One? Josh is an excellent passing game coach and an excellent developer of QB's. He turned garbage like Orton into a very good, serviceable QB. If he had the chance to use his coaching talents with Jay's natural talents,<B> you don't think the product of that would have been hugely beneficial to our team?

No because neither one had the personality that would allow them to work with one another. It would have been a huge failure. Might even have ruined Cutler's career.

Gort
01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
2006 Bears offense was 15th running the football, 14th in passing the football and tied for 2nd in PPG with 26.7. Leading passer was Rex Grossman, 262-480, 3193 yds, 23 tds 20 ints. Leading rusher Thomas Jones, 296 att, 1210 yards, 6 tds. Leading receiver was Muhammad, 60 rec, 863 yards, 5 tds. Offensive line gave up 25 sacks.

2010 bears offense is 22nd in running the ball, 28th passing and 21st in scoring offense at 20.9 ppg. Leading passer is Jay Cutler, 261-432, 3274 yds, 23 tds, 16 ints. Leading rusher is Matt Forte, 237 att, 1069 yards, 6 tds. Leading receiver is Knox 51 rec, 960 yards, 5tds. Offensive line gave up 56 sacks.

The two noteable differences are PPG and number of sacks allowed. Otherwise whats the difference between the two offenses?

shhhhhhh! don't interrupt a perfectly good thread with facts.

Cutler beat a 7-9 Seahawks team in his first playoff game. a Seahawks team that a 4-12 Denver Broncos team and Orton thoroughly dismantled during the regular season.

this means Cutler is the best ever! the very best ever! and if you don't agree, that means you love Josh McDaniels.

;)

HAT
01-16-2011, 10:12 PM
If we are playing hypotheticals, i guess the other way to look at it is to say, what would've happened if Shanny stayed in Denver and got a new DC?

OR we hired Rex Ryan? Or Spags?

Very true.....Except that there are many, many people around here who claim: "If only McD would've kept Cutler, he could've focused on the defense and 'we' would be better off today."

Yet not a single one of those claimants has taken the time to refute my claim otherwise.

I'm even BEGGING them to speculate and play all the hypotheticals they want. Who will be the first Cut-Hugger to make a legit case as to where Denver would be today had McD & Cutler became BFF's?

HAT
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM

Really, dude, you cant see how it would have benefitted Denver if Jay and Josh had been BFF's from Day One? Josh is an excellent passing game coach and an excellent developer of QB's. He turned garbage like Orton into a very good, serviceable QB. If he had the chance to use his coaching talents with Jay's natural talents, you don't think the product of that would have been hugely beneficial to our team?

Feel free to address the quoted text in #285

Jason in LA
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM

That's like the best use of that photo that I've ever seen.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
No because neither one had the personality that would allow them to work with one another. It would have been a huge failure. Might even have ruined Cutler's career.

Why wouldn't they have worked with each other? Jay was in the facility voluntarily learning stuff before even OTA's? He was ready, willing and able to work until Josh started trolling for trash from other teams. Josh would have also worked with him because he could see how talented he is and Josh himself is very confident in his own abilities to make any QB better through his coaching. We could have had something really great, but then the organization ****ed it up and the old man became a two faced piece of ****.

Gort
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Very true.....Except that there are many, many people around here who claim: "If only McD would've kept Cutler, he could've focused on the defense and 'we' would be better off today."

Yet not a single one of those claimants has taken the time to refute my claim otherwise.

I'm even BEGGING them to speculate and play all the hypotheticals they want. Who will be the first Cut-Hugger to make a legit case as to where Denver would be today had McD & Cutler became BFF's?

Cutler was going to be a pain in the ass with or without McD. his agent is Bus Cook. he wanted a big payday. i'm not sure Bowlen would have given him what he wanted.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Feel free to address the quoted text in #285

Ok, I reviewed that specific post. You are really discussing the draft there, but answer me this....with a guy like Orton we were able to win 8 games last year. Between Jay's talent and Josh's great QB coaching, even with the issues we had in 2009, we would prolly be 10-6, because his ceiling is WAY HIGHER than Orton and Josh would have gotten him there. Josh is an elite QB coach. IMO, Moreno would have been more of a threat because no one feared Orton, they would have played more nickel defenses with Jay at QB.

If we had Jay there, we may not have needed to trade all the picks we accumulated to land Tebow. You are a little too much into individual picks there. Look at the whole picture. The offense as a whole would be much more explosive with Jay in Josh's system with Josh's coaching ability, so they would have been able to devote alot more resources to the defense. Honestly, I don't see how you could believe there would be no real benefit to that. You have an all pro talent and a guy who made Cassel and Orton into good QB's. How is that not good? Forget the rest of it for a second, just look at that, how is that not good? Just by that alone, you will not need as much to make the offense work so you can devote more to the D.

HAT
01-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Why bother with useless speculation? That's not what happened and now we need to address the situation as it exists today instead of dwelling on stuff that happened 2 years ago.

Listen dummy....You asked a very specific question:

I answered it with a resounding YES and showed why I feel that way. If you want to call that useless speculation, that's fine but don't contradict yourself by saying 'we need to address the situation as it exists today' when you clearly asked for speculation on the past in the 2nd quoted paragraph above.

Somebody step up to the ****ing plate and show me how The Denver Broncos are in a better spot today had Bowlen/McD not traded Cutler?

Cutler has proved himself as a top 10-15 QB so this is no bash on him....All the best to him and his team next week, I'm still THRILLED that he is gone.

baja
01-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Why wouldn't they have worked with each other? Jay was in the facility voluntarily learning stuff before even OTA's? He was ready, willing and able to work until Josh started trolling for trash from other teams. Josh would have also worked with him because he could see how talented he is and Josh himself is very confident in his own abilities to make any QB better through his coaching. We could have had something really great, but then the organization ****ed it up and the old man became a two faced piece of ****.

You are dreaming if you think they could work together.

HAT
01-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Ok, I reviewed that specific post. You are really discussing the draft there, but answer me this....with a guy like Orton we were able to win 8 games last year. Between Jay's talent and Josh's great QB coaching, even with the issues we had in 2009, we would prolly be 10-6, because his ceiling is WAY HIGHER than Orton and Josh would have gotten him there. Josh is an elite QB coach. IMO, Moreno would have been more of a threat because no one feared Orton, they would have played more nickel defenses with Jay at QB.

If we had Jay there, we may not have needed to trade all the picks we accumulated to land Tebow. You are a little too much into individual picks there. Look at the whole picture. The offense as a whole would be much more explosive with Jay in Josh's system with Josh's coaching ability, so they would have been able to devote alot more resources to the defense. Honestly, I don't see how you could believe there would be no real benefit to that. You have an all pro talent and a guy who made Cassel and Orton into good QB's. How is that not good? Forget the rest of it for a second, just look at that, how is that not good? Just by that alone, you will not need as much to make the offense work so you can devote more to the D.

You didn't review it close enough.

I conceded a 2009 10-6 wild card.

Of course they wouldn't have traded the picks for Tebow....That's the point!

Everyone wants to bash that post of mine and dismiss it as speculation, yet nobody has offered up a realistic alternate.

Read it again and offer up me up a mock draft where McD would've "improved the D if only we had Cutler".

HAT
01-16-2011, 10:38 PM
You are dreaming if you think they could work together.

Probably, but I'm even giving them the benefit of the doubt. Assume Cutler was McD's dream QB and they got along swimmingly from day 1.........How is Denver in a better position heading into 2011?

OABB
01-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Probably, but I'm even giving them the benefit of the doubt. Assume Cutler was McD's dream QB and they got along swimmingly from day 1.........How is Denver in a better position heading into 2011?

because jay makes defenses and special teams better just by being on the team.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 10:50 PM
You didn't review it close enough.

I conceded a 2009 10-6 wild card.

Of course they wouldn't have traded the picks for Tebow....That's the point!

Everyone wants to bash that post of mine and dismiss it as speculation, yet nobody has offered up a realistic alternate.

Read it again and offer up me up a mock draft where McD would've "improved the D if only we had Cutler".

Ok, I went back and looked at it again since you wanted me to. BTW, an as initial matter, since we're largely on the same page that in 09 DEN is prolly 10-6 and a wildcard team, we're already WAY better off to begin with. I will now cut and paste the portion of your post dealing with the 2010 draft and put my comments in red:

The offense is clicking and everybody is happy so there is no Marshall or Scheffler trade. Denver is picking in the 25-27 range, what does McD do? I'll even make it easy on you and say that Dez & DT are gone to the Cowboys & Ravens ahead.....Just in case McD would've been tempted to replace Gaff.

Iupati and Pouncey are gone, the top LB's are gone, the top WR's are gone...Dan Williams seems logical as it was a need and many here wanted him. We now have a NT.
Ok, I agree with that and given that the NT is the the fulcrum of the entire 3-4 front, that's not a small deal. Getting a good talent at the most important part of the defense is a huge net gain.

Moving on to round 2, Interior lineman are still a need but maybe not as much as one since Cutler is pretty mobile. If Denver took Beadles in the mid 2nd it stands to reason they still would 10 picks later right? And if he's gone than it's Ducasse.
This is the first part where we disagree. There's a bit of contradiction here. On the one hand you said while interior lineman are a need (and I agree), its not as much since Jay is mobile, but then you say if DEN took Beadles in Mid 2nd it would stand to reason they would still do it ten picks later? NO, because we just established its not as big of a need since he's a mobile guy. They would have addressed it at some point, I agree, but not that high. Certainly by the way the D kind of faded by the end of 2009 and with our agreement that the offense "would be clicking", I think Josh and most reasonable people in the war room would have used the next highest pick on something other than C or OG, i.e. probably defense again. At what position, I dont know, possibly 3-4 DE as thats the next biggest problem area.

Round 3: McD might be tempted to go WR here since he hasn't drafted one yet but there is a big run on WR's so he thinks better of it. In his mind Both lines have been addressed, the offense is set, so it's ILB or secondary most likely. I'm going to guess safety since he only got Bruton in 2009 and not McBath. Let's say Stuckey since he was the next S off the board 15 picks or so later.
You might be right that they would have addressed safety here since they only got Bruton the last year. I'm not sure he would be tempted to go for WR since he still has Marshall and Royal and Gaff and Tony is clicking with Jay as he always is (even tho the TE is somewhat marginalized in this offense). So we agree. BTW, so far, in my analysis, we've got defense at each pick.

OL depth & Defense is still the need so I doubt much changes in rounds 4-7....Cox, Olsen, Squid & Kirlew.

Fair enough.

Cutler has no bearing on Hillis. Moreno is still McD's boy from 2009 and Simms still sucked when he had to play the 2nd half b/c of Cutlers slight concussion. Hillis for Brady still happens.
I dont know if Jay would have a bearing on Hillis. On the one hand, Jay and Hillis had good chemistry in the pass game, maybe Josh would have seen that but I dunno...certainly if Jay was dominating, there would be no need to get someone like Quinn back in the trade, maybe we could have gotten someone of actual value if the decision was made to trade Hillis.

So after all of that....How is it that having Cutler would've allowed them to focus on the defense so much again?
Well...again, we've established that we now got the centerpiece of the defense, the quality NT, at Rd 2 I believe they would ahve went back to defense either a good ILB to help DJ out so he doesnt have to do everything, or a DE to help the NT, and then we agreed on safety in the next round and then I agreed with you the rest would be the same...and they could have addressed interior OL in 4-7 like you said since they addressed it there anyway and because Jay was mobile so it wasnt the 2nd biggest need in the draft. So from where I'm sitting, 1) WE AGREED THAT WE WOULD BE 10-6 and now we have ADDED a good NT, a S, possibly/prolly a ILB or DE and some depth guys. That's not better than 4-12? That's not better than 8-8?

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 10:54 PM

fistpump.

I knew the light would come on eventually, bro. Good job. :thumbsup:

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Listen dummy....You asked a very specific question:

I answered it with a resounding YES and showed why I feel that way. If you want to call that useless speculation, that's fine but don't contradict yourself by saying 'we need to address the situation as it exists today' when you clearly asked for speculation on the past in the 2nd quoted paragraph above.

Somebody step up to the ****ing plate and show me how The Denver Broncos are in a better spot today had Bowlen/McD not traded Cutler?

Cutler has proved himself as a top 10-15 QB so this is no bash on him....All the best to him and his team next week, I'm still THRILLED that he is gone.

We don't know... and can't know for sure what would have happened had McDaniels put "Defense" as "Priority #1" (and this could have happened even with the Cutler trade). Because that's not what happened and the fact that the defense is no better (and the offense is worse) than before... is on McDaniels. And... just like his mentor and all other Belicheat assistants... he was fired from his first HC job.

I'm not "pining" for Cutler. He's gone... not coming back... and I'm OK with that. However... I also do not hate him or wish to engage in revisionist history to try to support a claim that he didn't deserve or earn his Pro Bowl experience.

What I do want is for the new HC... y'know, the one taking over the reins now... to finally address the defense. And I want the Broncos to do better than 4-12 next year.

OABB
01-16-2011, 11:00 PM
fistpump.

I knew the light would come on eventually, bro. Good job. :thumbsup:

I'd prefer we just touch elbows to celebrate my enlightenment. I don't want jays anal splatterings all over my fist.

I am sure you understand.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 11:03 PM
I'd prefer we just touch elbows to celebrate my enlightenment. I don't want jays anal splatterings all over my fist.

I am sure you understand.

That's a fair concern on your part. However, I have some anti bacterial soap if you want to use it.

Let it not be said that I don't care about fellow Bronco fans.

:)

HAT
01-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Thank you SoCal for being the first one to offer up a well thought out counterpoint!

Whether it's better than 4-12 or even 8-8 in 2010, nobody knows. The more important question.....Do you think it would've been enough to win the division or garner a WC?

Now let's address the last couple of paragraphs........

I'd rather have Tebow and our current skill position players with the #2 pick going forward to start building a defense than Cutler/Marsh/Scheff/etc. + a Dan Williams type NT and maybe an extra DT + drafting mid to late 1st round.

And the catch-22 in all of this.....To a man, most of the Cutlerites HATE McD, yet nobody will acknowledge that they'd probably be .500 ish together so Josh would still be here.

TDmvp
01-16-2011, 11:11 PM
SOCAL'S STUDS! (Thank you TDmvp for making this for me)

Those are 3 great Americans man ...

Champions , Winners , Heroes are the only 3 words I can think of for 3 such great men.

OABB
01-16-2011, 11:13 PM
That's a fair concern on your part. However, I have some anti bacterial soap if you want to use it.

Let it not be said that I don't care about fellow Bronco fans.

That sig is ****ing spectacular!

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Those are 3 great Americans man ...

Champions , Winners , Heroes are the only 3 words I can think of for 3 such great men.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Honestly dude, I'm REALLY GRATEFUL to you for making that for me.

Release the TDMVP!

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 11:15 PM
That sig is ****ing spectacular!

I know lol.....TDmvp saves the day as usual!

I don't think I'm EVER going to have a different sig.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Thank you SoCal for being the first one to offer up a well thought out counterpoint!

Whether it's better than 4-12 or even 8-8 in 2010, nobody knows. The more important question.....Do you think it would've been enough to win the division or garner a WC?

I'd rather have Tebow and our current skill position players with the #2 pick going forward to start building a defense than Cutler/Marsh/Scheff/etc. + a Dan Williams type NT and maybe an extra DT + drafting mid to late 1st round.

And the catch-22 in all of this.....To a man, most of the Cutlerites HATE McD, yet nobody will acknowledge that they'd probably be .500 ish together so Josh would still be here.

I think it very well might have been enough to win a WC or Division given that we already agreed that in 09 we would have been about a WC and then we added more defensive pieces (and the division was **** this year too), although with the injuries to Doom and Ayers that would have made it more difficult, I will grant you that, but at least when they got healthy we would have had a really good team on our hands...IMO at least.

Yes, I know that most Cutlerites hate McD and I actually REALLY hated McD in the beginning a ton, but then later appreciated the good aspects of what he brought to the table. He did have some big problems but he had some good things he brought to the table too. IMO, I really believe we would have been a really solid team in this scenario, at least after Doom got back. JMO.

Dedhed
01-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Between Jay's talent and Josh's great QB coaching, even with the issues we had in 2009, we would prolly be 10-6, because his ceiling is WAY HIGHER than Orton and Josh would have gotten him there. Josh is an elite QB coach. IMO, Moreno would have been more of a threat because no one feared Orton, they would have played more nickel defenses with Jay at QB.

If we had Jay there, we may not have needed to trade all the picks we accumulated to land Tebow. You are a little too much into individual picks there. Look at the whole picture. The offense as a whole would be much more explosive with Jay in Josh's system with Josh's coaching ability, so they would have been able to devote alot more resources to the defense. Honestly, I don't see how you could believe there would be no real benefit to that. You have an all pro talent and a guy who made Cassel and Orton into good QB's. How is that not good? Forget the rest of it for a second, just look at that, how is that not good? Just by that alone, you will not need as much to make the offense work so you can devote more to the D.Why did Jay, by your account a supreme talent, never win more than 8 games with Shanahan, by your account the greatest coach ever to live?

And Jay made it clear that he doesn't need coaching. After all, he's got a stronger arm than Elway. You don't need coaching when you can throw it that hard.

OABB
01-16-2011, 11:23 PM
I know lol.....TDmvp saves the day as usual!

I don't think I'm EVER going to have a different sig.

I need one of tebow, elway and Jesus. Gonna fire up Photoshop tomorrow.

cutthemdown
01-16-2011, 11:24 PM

I'll take that bet. 20 bucks?

TDmvp
01-16-2011, 11:25 PM
I need one of tebow, elway and Jesus. Gonna fire up Photoshop tomorrow.

The Trinity !!!

cutthemdown
01-16-2011, 11:25 PM
And I can't lie Strafen I would love that. Already got to see him mope quite often. I think Sunday the pack defence gets to Cutler big time.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Why did Jay, by your account a supreme talent, never win more than 8 games with Shanahan, by your account the greatest coach ever to live?

And Jay made it clear that he doesn't need coaching. After all, he's got a stronger arm than Elway. You don't need coaching when you can throw it that hard.

In 2006, he was a rookie and things were understandably going a million miles an hour for him. 2007 was the year where we had the beginning of the really huge decline for our defense. The Miami 4-3/4-3 Over that Jim Bates brought over, while a defense that has been successful for some teams (Canes, Dolphins, Cowboys) over the years did not fit our personnel at all, we didn't have the massive and talented DT's to make it work and 2 of our 3 LB's were trash (and the one good LB was not playing at his ideal spot). Keep in mind in 2007, Jay actually had a good season himself, I think his TD to INT ratio was 20 to 14, not bad for a first full year starter...the INT's were kept in check that year. I dont think you can blame 2007 on Jay at all, IMO. 2008 he DID have elevated turnover totals, yes I grant you that, that did hurt us on various occasions, but he still played pretty well...well enough to make the Pro Bowl. I think most of us know the single biggest reason that we couldn't get over the hump in 2008...that was the worst defense we've ever had....at least since I've been a fan (91/92). Calvin Lowry..Marquand Manuel?

With regard to coaching, I dont think Jay resists coaching at all. He loved to work with Jeremy Bates. He came in early to work with Josh. With Shanny he went to a Pro Bowl (even with flaws in his game). BTW, I dont think Shanny is the greatest coach of all time, I would say Walsh or Sid Gillman is, at least from an offensive/tactical POV, Paul Brown probably from an organizational POV, although Walsh was very good in that area too, read "Finding the Winning Edge") DOES sometiems make overconfident statements that do border on arrogance and can be seen as arrogant, I'll grant you that, but that doesnt mean he hates to be coached or thinks he's above coaching. He seems to be getting along quite well with Martz, doesn't he? I wish Shanny had not ran out of time. They were working well together, they just needed to fix the defense. A real GM should have come in and committed the whole 2009 draft to fixing our defense.

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 11:34 PM

After "Spygate II"? I doubt it. It seems to be the consensus of opinion that Bowlen and Ellis were both ready to cut McDaniels loose once news of that incident broke.

I do find it refreshing to no longer have McDaniels and his "drama of the week"... his entire tenure was like a nonstop media circus... controversy after controversy... with the team pretty much winding up as the butt of the joke.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 11:43 PM
And I can't lie Strafen I would love that. Already got to see him mope quite often. I think Sunday the pack defence gets to Cutler big time.

It's certainly very possible. GB is playing better than ANYONE in the league right now. They flat out smoked Atlanta at Atlanta. They could win it all easily. It wouldn't surprise me if Jay makes some mistakes trying to match scores with Rodgers, I hope not, but I could see it not ending well for Chicago. On the other hand, Chicago is at home and just a couple weeks ago they held the GB offense down even in GB. Should be a good game...wont be surprised by the result either way and nothing that happens in that game will affect the fact that Jay did a great job this year and at the very least led his team to the NFC Title Game.

OABB
01-16-2011, 11:46 PM
It's certainly very possible. GB is playing better than ANYONE in the league right now. They flat out smoked Atlanta at Atlanta. They could win it all easily. It wouldn't surprise me if Jay makes some mistakes trying to match scores with Rodgers, I hope not, but I could see it not ending well for Chicago. On the other hand, Chicago is at home and just a couple weeks ago they held the GB offense down even in GB. Should be a good game...wont be surprised by the result either way and nothing that happens in that game will affect the fact that Jay did a great job this year and at the very least led his team to the NFC Title Game.

If cutler plays well I'm gonna delete some old posts and pretend I never said anything bad about him. But if he has a bad game, I will probably be the most obnoxious poster the mane has seen for a few days. Not saying I'm proud of it, but it will happen!

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 11:48 PM
If cutler plays well I'm gonna delete some old posts and pretend I never said anything bad about him. But if he has a bad game, I will probably be themotet obnoxious poster the mane has seen for a bit. Not saying I'm proud of it, I just know myself too well!

Fair enough.

OABB
01-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Fair enough.

Out of respect I will not direct it toward you. Just jhns and colonelbeefcurtains.

SoCalBronco
01-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Out of respect I will not direct it toward you. Just jhns and colonelbeefcurtains.

You can if you want.....I'll probably be in a really bad mood and will say some bad things out of frustration (as I've been known to do on occasion unfortunately) so I might deserve it, u can direct it to me too its fine....although I respect the gesture. Props. Despite the fact that we generally agree on NOTHING ever, today I've prolly had more friendly interactions with you than I've ever had, previously. :thumbsup:

OABB
01-17-2011, 12:02 AM
You can if you want.....I'll probably be in a really bad mood and will say some bad things out of frustration (as I've been known to do on occasion unfortunately) so I might deserve it, u can direct it to me too its fine....although I respect the gesture. Props. Despite the fact that we generally agree on NOTHING ever, today I've prolly had more friendly interactions with you than I've ever had, previously. :thumbsup:

yeah. Now i feel bad for being such a doucher half of the time. I'll just pm jhiz and colonelbeefcurtians.

TDmvp
01-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Side note ...

Only one other Qb in the history of the NFL besides Cutler has rushed for 2 tds and ran for 2 tds in a playoff game . The only other being Otto Graham.

Not bad for his first playoff game.

Thought that was a interesting stat tho.
Seems like that would happen more often and it sure was a long time between it's occurrence.

OABB
01-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Side note ...

Only one other Qb in the history of the NFL besides Cutler has rushed for 2 tds and ran for 2 tds in a playoff game . The only other being Otto Graham.

Not bad for his first playoff game.

Thought that was a interesting stat tho.
Seems like that would happen more often and it sure was a long time between it's occurrence.

Avatar love... I can't rep from my iPod. Just wanted to return the love.

fontaine
01-17-2011, 03:52 AM
I will say one thing about Jay Cutler though.

It takes a completely self absorbed douchebag to recognize another.

Jay saw this in Josh and wanted out and Josh did very little to change that.

We just ended up with the douche coach instead of the douche QB.

Ratboy
01-17-2011, 05:22 AM
I will say one thing about Jay Cutler though.

It takes a completely self absorbed douchebag to recognize another.

Jay saw this in Josh and wanted out and Josh did very little to change that.

We just ended up with the douche coach instead of the douche QB.

Now we don't have either!

jhns
01-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Cutler > McDaniels fans

jhns
01-17-2011, 06:22 AM
Quitler is a first class sh*t bag

Don't know if this has been posted or not...
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6017986

It has been posted about 25 times....

Anyways, it is pretty easy to show that guy is making stuff up. Elway said he doesn't even know Cutler. I have a direct quote from Elway. That was said after the trade. This article claims different.

Anyways, this stuff makes a difference to women. If you are looking for athletes that you can date, you need to find the gay olympics or something. These guys most likely won't go near you.

i4jelway7
01-17-2011, 06:25 AM
It has been posted about 25 times....

Anyways, it is pretty easy to show that guy is making stuff up. Elway said he doesn't even know Cutler. I have a direct quote from Elway. That was said after the trade. This article claims different.

Anyways, this stuff makes a difference to women. If you are looking for athletes that you can date, you need to find the gay olympics or something. These guys most likely won't go near you.

Elway saying he doesn't know Cutler does not mean that this didn't happen... btw I'm not looking to date athletes... I'm a happily married man

jhns
01-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Jay Cutler just doesn't have the personality that I normally look for in guys I want to date. I know he makes my team better but I don't want a guy I can't see myself getting married to!....

Way to make Bronco fans look good guys! Keep it up! Not only do you show the world that we don't understand anything about this sport, we now have this...

jhns
01-17-2011, 06:28 AM
Elway saying he doesn't know Cutler does not mean that this didn't happen... btw I'm not looking to date athletes... I'm a happily married man

Sure, that is why you are focused on personalities... It is because you like the sport and how they play!....

Oh, and it is a given that none of that happened. You are really telling me that you believe this reporter knew about this stuff and didn't report it until now? A Denver reporter that was around during all of the Cutler/McDaniels drama didn't think this was worthy of reporting until now?

You kids are just not that intelligent.

i4jelway7
01-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Sure, that is why you are focused on personalities... It is because you like the sport and how they play!....

Oh, and it is a given that none of that happened. You are really telling me that you believe this reporter knew about this stuff and didn't report it until now? A Denver reporter that was around during all of the Cutler/McDaniels drama didn't think this was worthy of reporting until now?

You kids are just not that intelligent.

you think this didn't happen? you are showing your lack of intelligence, step off.. you really have no clue, what I'm focusing on is Quitler's lack of respect for anyone, his "world owes" me attitude, the mopey, dopey person that he is.. dude is just a piece of sh*t floating in the toilet of life, if he were to get hit by a bus, no one would care, if he couldn't throw a football he would get nowhere in life... good riddance to bad rubbish.. FYI Rick Reilly is not a local denver reporter

jhns
01-17-2011, 06:47 AM
you think this didn't happen? you are showing your lack of intelligence, step off.. you really have no clue

Sure it happened. Again, all reporters hold onto stories like this through all of the drama so they can drop it two years after the fact. "Ill show Jay, when he has success I will finally release these stories that would have sold 10 times more a couple years ago!"

It takes about a second grade education to realize this article is made up gossip.

i4jelway7
01-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Sure it happened. Again, all reporters hold onto stories like this through all of the drama so they can drop it two years after the fact. "Ill show Jay, when he has success I will finally release these stories that would have sold 10 times more a couple years ago!"

It takes about a second grade education to realize this article is made up gossip.

this article was not the 1st I've heard of these stories.. maybe the first time YOU heard it... first time it was printed, but not the 1st time I've heard it.. you might want to get your facts straight b/c you clearly have no idea what your talking about & you are most certainly not in the "know"

jhns
01-17-2011, 06:57 AM
this article was not the 1st I've heard of these stories.. maybe the first time YOU heard it... first time it was printed, but not the 1st time I've heard it.. you might want to get your facts straight b/c you clearly have no idea what your talking about and you are most certainly not in the "know"

LOL

Now you are "in the know"....

LOL

Fine, show a single time it was even a rumor on the message boards. Otherwise where did you hear it? Do you know Elway and Lynch? That is pretty cool. Why don't you ever give us inside info now that one is running things and the other is an announcer? I bet they could give you tons of great information to share with us.

i4jelway7
01-17-2011, 07:12 AM
LOL

Now you are "in the know"....

LOL

Fine, show a single time it was even a rumor on the message boards. Otherwise where did you hear it? Do you know Elway and Lynch? That is pretty cool. Why don't you ever give us inside info now that one is running things and the other is an announcer? I bet they could give you tons of great information to share with us.

yes and I have lunch w/ them everyday and I just sit there and watch tv while they tell me all the broncos news I need to know so I can keep all you need to know forum posters up to date.. check back later and I'll tell you who wins the superbowl

TheChamp24
01-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Honestly, I never disliked Cutler, only in the sense the worse he played last year netted us a better draft pick, so I wanted him to suck ass.
Now, I'd like him to fail to not embarrass this franchise and make them look idiotic down the line trading a Pro Bowler QB with postseason wins under his belt for what will end up being nothing.
Orton will be gone from the team, Robert Ayers is average from what I've seen, and I guess the other pick you could say is Demarius Thomas.

Imagine if all this stupid drama never unfolded and we kept the offense in tact, and actually concentrated on defense.
I do think Cutler is turnover prone, I mean crap he threw what should've been an interception in the red zone early in the game, might've gone for a touchdown too. But his touchdown passes and runs show he has a strong skillset.

McDaniels was beyond awful with his personal decisions. Absolutely dreadful, and that derailed this team so much.

i4jelway7
01-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Honestly, I never disliked Cutler, only in the sense the worse he played last year netted us a better draft pick, so I wanted him to suck ass.
Now, I'd like him to fail to not embarrass this franchise and make them look idiotic down the line trading a Pro Bowler QB with postseason wins under his belt for what will end up being nothing.
Orton will be gone from the team, Robert Ayers is average from what I've seen, and I guess the other pick you could say is Demarius Thomas.

Imagine if all this stupid drama never unfolded and we kept the offense in tact, and actually concentrated on defense.
I do think Cutler is turnover prone, I mean crap he threw what should've been an interception in the red zone early in the game, might've gone for a touchdown too. But his touchdown passes and runs show he has a strong skillset.

McDaniels was beyond awful with his personal decisions. Absolutely dreadful, and that derailed this team so much.

100% agree

Gutless Drunk
01-17-2011, 08:05 AM

Actually he did:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6028545

" Julius Peppers could see it to a great degree, which is why he signed with the Bears as a free agent when just about every team in the NFL would have welcomed him. "It wasn't a roll of the dice," Peppers said, when I asked him to look back. "It was a calculated approach I took. I'm looking at the roster and seeing Jay Cutler, a young playmaker coming into his prime as a quarterback. On the defensive side, I'm thinking, 'OK, if I'm out there with [Brian] Urlacher and [Lance] Briggs we should be in just about every game, just from a defensive standpoint."

They added an All-Pro defensive lineman because of Cutler.

orangemonkey
01-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Actually he did:

" Julius Peppers could see it to a great degree, which is why he signed with the Bears as a free agent when just about every team in the NFL would have welcomed him. "It wasn't a roll of the dice," Peppers said, when I asked him to look back. "It was a calculated approach I took. I'm looking at the roster and seeing Jay Cutler, a young playmaker coming into his prime as a quarterback. On the defensive side, I'm thinking, 'OK, if I'm out there with [Brian] Urlacher and [Lance] Briggs we should be in just about every game, just from a defensive standpoint."

They added an All-Pro beast of a defensive lineman because he wanted to play with Cutler.

Wow, a concrete testament if I've ever seen one. Do you think Peppers would have said that about Orton or Tebow? No way. Urlacher has said in live interviews the past two weeks that Cutler is a big reason they are winning.

gyldenlove
01-17-2011, 08:11 AM

Jay Cutler playing well is not an embarrassment to the franchise. It is a credit to Mike Shanahan for drafting and developing him and an embarrassment to Josh Mcdaniels who traded him. Since neither of those 2 gentlemen are in any way shape or form associated with the Denver Broncos right now it has nothing to do with the franchise.

People need to stop thinking of Josh Mcdaniels failures as failures of the current franchise. Just because people were not fans of Mcdaniels don't mean they weren't fans of the Broncos, just because Mcdaniels led the team to the worst finish ever doesn't mean the franchise is no good, just that mistakes were made and they have been hopefully now been recitified.

Odysseus
01-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Now we don't have either!

Scheffler is gone. Marshall is gone. Defense is gone. Elite team status is gone. Hope is gone. McD was like the grim reaper. I could list 20 things we don't have any more because of this one coach.

I think Fox will be able to lead us back to mediocrity but to the upper tiers of NFL I am not convinced.

I wish Josh well wherever he lands. I don't hate the guy. Just saying...

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Jay Cutler playing well is not an embarrassment to the franchise. It is a credit to Mike Shanahan for drafting and developing him and an embarrassment to Josh Mcdaniels who traded him. Since neither of those 2 gentlemen are in any way shape or form associated with the Denver Broncos right now it has nothing to do with the franchise.

People need to stop thinking of Josh Mcdaniels failures as failures of the current franchise. Just because people were not fans of Mcdaniels don't mean they weren't fans of the Broncos, just because Mcdaniels led the team to the worst finish ever doesn't mean the franchise is no good, just that mistakes were made and they have been hopefully now been recitified.

Well......... Xanders, Ellis and Bowlen could've all stepped in...

elsid13
01-17-2011, 08:40 AM

That would have involved the three stoogies actually putting their asses on the line for change.

colonelbeef
01-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Why did Jay, by your account a supreme talent, never win more than 8 games with Shanahan, by your account the greatest coach ever to live?

Are you seriously asking why a 24/25 year old kid, with rookies across the offense and no defensive help, only won 8 games?

Is there anything you understand about the NFL?

razorwire77
01-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Scheffler is gone. Marshall is gone. Defense is gone. Elite team status is gone. Hope is gone. McD was like the grim reaper. I could list 20 things we don't have any more because of this one coach.

I think Fox will be able to lead us back to mediocrity but to the upper tiers of NFL I am not convinced.

I wish Josh well wherever he lands. I don't hate the guy. Just saying...

Huh? What? We were an elite team during the twilight of the Shanny Era? McDaniels made a lot of dog **** decisions, but some people are acting like McDaniels crashed the Ferrari Enzo that was the 21st Century Denver Broncos franchise. More like McDaniels crashed the 1999 Ford Explorer that was the 21st Century Denver Broncos.

jhns
01-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Are you seriously asking why a 24/25 year old kid, with rookies across the offense and no defensive help, only won 8 games?

The McDaniels fans sure are silly. It is like they didn't pay attention before McDaniels got here. Who would have guessed?

baja
01-17-2011, 08:52 AM

This is an unfortunate truth.

Odysseus
01-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Huh? What? We were an elite team during the twilight of the Shanny Era? McDaniels made a lot of dog **** decisions, but some people are acting like McDaniels crashed the Ferrari Enzo that was the 21st Century Denver Broncos franchise. More like McDaniels crashed the 1999 Ford Explorer that was the 21st Century Denver Broncos.

ROFL! Let's put this in perspective Patriots, Colts, and Saints are all teams that are formidable. They are all shopping at Wal-mart right now. Elite is a relative term. Maybe it wasn't a Ferrari but it does not matter. We are sitting at a bus stop in the off season rain. Call it nostalgia but a good problem is complaining about the price gas. A bad problem is having no wheels.

errand
01-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Jay had a pretty good game....2 TD passes, no picks and and he also ran for 2 TD's. He made plays. Good for him....

Having said that what has that got to do with the Broncos? He was traded prior to last season. You coming in here crowing about him having the last laugh is pretty much stupid.

It's like Dave Stewart of the Oakland A's...he came up thru Dodgers organization, show potential but never delivered, so he was sent packing. He then went to two more teams before landing in Oakland, winning 20 games in 4 consecutive seasons...so the problem was Tommy Lasorda?

Jay didn't want to play for McDaniels...and in interviews in this very season, he said he had reservations about playing in Mike Martz's offense as well, which leads any sane person to believe that perhaps Jay falls into a comfort zone and resists change. Regardless the bottom line is Jay didn't want to remain in Denver without shanahan, or McDaniels saw a QB that would be a poor student at worst or a reluctant student at best.

sometimes coaches and players can't coexist.....it happens. Mike let Elam go...we struggled with FG % for while afterwards...he let Heyward and Berry go they went on to register over 20 sacks combined the very next year with their new teams. Big ****ing deal....I'm sure your ex-wife is just as happy without you as you are without her

Pete51
01-17-2011, 09:13 AM
I agree, and then add to the fact that Pat could have stopped all trades.

I am new to this site and the anger is not neer as bad as where I have been. and there is not ONE blogger controlling the minds of all the others because he blogs to much.

Odysseus
01-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Jay had a pretty good game....2 TD passes, no picks and and he also ran for 2 TD's. He made plays. Good for him....

Having said that what has that got to do with the Broncos? He was traded prior to last season. You coming in here crowing about him having the last laugh is pretty much stupid.

It's like Dave Stewart of the Oakland A's...he came up thru Dodgers organization, show potential but never delivered, so he was sent packing. He then went to two more teams before landing in Oakland, winning 20 games in 4 consecutive seasons...so the problem was Tommy Lasorda?

Jay didn't want to play for McDaniels...and in interviews in this very season, he said he had reservations about playing in Mike Martz's offense as well, which leads any sane person to believe that perhaps Jay falls into a comfort zone and resists change. Regardless the bottom line is Jay didn't want to remain in Denver without shanahan, or McDaniels saw a QB that would be a poor student at worst or a reluctant student at best.

sometimes coaches and players can't coexist.....it happens. Mike let Elam go...we struggled with FG % for while afterwards...he let Heyward and Berry go they went on to register over 20 sacks combined the very next year with their new teams. Big ****ing deal....I'm sure your ex-wife is just as happy without you as you are without her

It turns out that Cutler is working for a much better coach and is in the playoffs so regardless of how badly Green Bay beats the Bears he is in the running. His career would have been destroyed if he stayed here.

Gcver2ver3
01-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi fellas.

I've been reflecting on the 2010 season and the thought suddenly hit me last night. Jay Cutler got the last laugh!

He was ostracized by your head coach and fan base, and ridiculed last year during a tough season. But there is no question he is undeniably talented. Cutler is the anti-Orton. The cream always rises to the top and that's where Cutler is...the top.

The Bears won their division and are the #2 seed in the playoffs. It was because of Cutler, who slashed his interceptions by 10, raised his QB rating 10 points and averaged a full yard per attempt better. Certainly Chicago's running game and lackluster receiving corps didn't do him any favors.

Jay Cutler escaped Denver and is in the playoffs.

A place the Broncos haven't visited for five long, long years now.

He got the last laugh.

Not McDaniels. Not Orton. Not Bowlen. Not Shanahan, who is coaching a joke franchise and starting Rex Grossman. And certainly not Broncos fans.

Jay Cutler doesn't need any of those clowns. He has TRIUMPHED.

Just remember that.

sure bout that?...

go_broncos
01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
yep..he is the winner..!Booya!

Bob's your Information Minister
01-23-2011, 03:50 PM
He is.

You guys sat around watching him today.

Nothing changes that.

Dedhed
01-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Wow, a concrete testament if I've ever seen one. Do you think Peppers would have said that about Orton or Tebow? No way. Urlacher has said in live interviews the past two weeks that Cutler is a big reason they are winning.

Urlacher's called Cutler a moping, whining, candy a$$ as well.

go_broncos
01-23-2011, 03:52 PM
He is.

Nothing changes that.

like he did..:thumbsup:

Steve Sewell
He is who we thought he was. AND THE PACKERS DIDN'T LET HIM OFF THE HOOK!

Thank you Packers!

Agamemnon
I'm laughing pretty hard right now, so his laugh certainly wasn't last.

oubronco
01-23-2011, 03:53 PM
He is.

Nothing changes that.

All too true

gunns
01-23-2011, 03:56 PM

This, absolutely.

maven
01-23-2011, 03:59 PM

I do wonder whether some people watched the Broncos that season.

Gcver2ver3
01-23-2011, 04:02 PM
He is.

Nothing changes that.

and he watched right along with us...

and there are a lot of things Bear fans are calling cutler right now, and "winner" isn't one of them...

and to quote you:

Nothing changes that...

Dedhed
01-23-2011, 04:05 PM

No, I'm wondering why he hasn't improved much in 5 years in the league.

Dukes
01-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Bears fans burning Cutler jerseys at Soldier Field :spit:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/nvrsumr/229828570.jpg

TonyR
01-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Cutler today reminded me of Tomlinson in that AFC Championship Game (I think?) a few year ago when he pulled himself out of the game and sulked on the sidelins.

FantomForce
01-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Bob, where the F* are you now?

Karenin
01-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Wherever he is, I'm sure he's eating.

01-23-2011, 05:50 PM
You guys are idiots.

This time next year Cutler will be back in the playoffs and Broncos fans will be watching him and wondering who's coming out at QB in the next draft.

baja
01-23-2011, 05:56 PM
You guys are idiots.

This time next year Cutler will be back in the playoffs and Broncos fans will be watching him and wondering who's coming out at QB in the next draft.

It's like Cutler is a magnet for losers just look at the ones that adore him.

01-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Cutler had a torn MCL, BTW.

db56
You guys are idiots.

the truth hurts doesnt it, Hapsburg??

Popps

Wow.

How could McDaniels trade away a franchise QB like this?

broncosteven
01-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Wow.

How could McDaniels trade away a franchise QB like this?

Is it true that the Rams have asked KFC to see if Cassel is available?

NhocCuteGirlz
You're a fuggin welcher....POS

maven
Interesting quotes

"We gave it a go that first series, but I really couldn't plant and throw. So they kind of pulled me," Cutler said.

"Feel real good about what Caleb was able to do," Bears coach Lovie Smith said. "As a third quarterback you don't get a lot of reps, but he stayed in the game mentally and really felt like he belonged there. We had an opportunity at the end to tie the game and that was done with Caleb leading it. We can't complain about his play at all."

maven
01-23-2011, 06:03 PM
"He hurt his knee and he was out, all right? There's nothing else for me to tell you on that," Smith said. "I don't know exactly when it happened. He couldn't go, and we moved on. Let's go to some other questions, how about that?"-Lovie

01-23-2011, 06:04 PM
the truth hurts doesnt it, Hapsburg??

Are you ****ting me? You're talking like I'm a Bears fan.

At the end of the day I don't really care, it's just another reason to laugh at Broncos fans. How Cutler's career fares and how the Broncos replace him is the story of your franchise, though.

Enjoy hoping you find his replacement. Likely it won't happen anytime soon.

broncosteven
01-23-2011, 06:04 PM

He probably is more mad that he paid $2,000 for his tix on stub hub and now has nothing to show for it.

Duh bear fans are so fairweather it is sick, I don't think they even knew they were in the playoffs until after the Seahag game.

cabronco
01-23-2011, 06:13 PM
He probably is more mad that he paid $2,000 for his tix on stub hub and now has nothing to show for it.

Duh bear fans are so fairweather it is sick, I don't think they even knew they were in the playoffs until after the Seahag game.

It looks like a kid size jersey ? Where's the kid ? Prolly trying to get out of the trash can.

DivineBronco
01-23-2011, 06:17 PM

sweet

baja
01-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Says the dude on every behavioral med known to man and has a freaky relationship with his childhood toy box.

ICON
01-23-2011, 06:32 PM
http://files.samhart.net/humor/Legendary_Fail.jpg

TonyR
01-23-2011, 06:59 PM
* Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew wrote, “All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee… I played the whole season on one.”

* Former NFL lineman and current ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth wrote, “As a guy how had 20 knee surgeries you’d have to drag me out on a stretcher to Leave a championship game!”

* Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett wrote, “If I’m on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!”

* Jaguars linebacker Kirk Morrison wrote, “Jay Cutler better go put some Tussin on that knee and get back out there.”

* Deion Sanders wrote, “Im telling u in the playoffs u must drag me off the field. All the medicine in pro lockerooms this dude comes out! I apologize bear fans! . . . Folks i never question a players injury but i do question a players heart.

Even one of Cutler’s fellow quarterbacks, Oakland’s Bruce Gradkowski, got in on the action, writing that he once played with two torn MCLs and adding, “Is cutler still ur starter next year? Did the players give up on him?”

Oh, and in Chicago, they’re already burning Cutler jerseys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/criticism-of-cutler-mounts/

Ray Finkle
01-23-2011, 07:03 PM

you do realize you can play with any torn knee ligament besides the ACL? I tore my MCL in HS, played the entire season, summer, and didn't have surgery until college....that was lacrosse, far more running than QB.

bombay
01-23-2011, 07:06 PM

lol

cutthemdown
01-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Tim Tebow would have won that game today. Cutler just a loser. His defense stepped up and he still couldn't get it done. 14-0 most of the game while Cutler just flailed around the field.

Cutler = loser
Broncos = winner

Thats how it will turn out.

cutthemdown
01-23-2011, 07:54 PM
* Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew wrote, “All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee… I played the whole season on one.”

* Former NFL lineman and current ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth wrote, “As a guy how had 20 knee surgeries you’d have to drag me out on a stretcher to Leave a championship game!”

* Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett wrote, “If I’m on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!”

* Jaguars linebacker Kirk Morrison wrote, “Jay Cutler better go put some Tussin on that knee and get back out there.”

* Deion Sanders wrote, “Im telling u in the playoffs u must drag me off the field. All the medicine in pro lockerooms this dude comes out! I apologize bear fans! . . . Folks i never question a players injury but i do question a players heart.

Even one of Cutler’s fellow quarterbacks, Oakland’s Bruce Gradkowski, got in on the action, writing that he once played with two torn MCLs and adding, “Is cutler still ur starter next year? Did the players give up on him?”

Oh, and in Chicago, they’re already burning Cutler jerseys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/criticism-of-cutler-mounts/

Oh man I hoped for a good meltdown today and this is more then I could have hoped for. Thank you Cutler for finally not letting me down.

cutthemdown
01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Oh and you just knew once Bob decided to say Cutler had any kind of last laugh it would be bad for Cutler. Hey slobo do us a favor and say Cancer will never be cured would ya?

What an idiot. Anyone who thought Jay Cutler was any sort of winner is a fool. Doesn't matter what we got for him because hes a cancer. Once we got him off the team Broncos came out ahead.

brncs_fan
01-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Enjoy hoping you find his replacement. Likely it won't happen anytime soon.

How's the search for the next Tony Gonzalez going?

Baba Booey
01-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Way to have some balls Jay. You made us all proud.

DenverBrit
01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Yep, Cutler got the last laugh. 8')

Cutler lacks grit in loss against Packers

CHICAGO

Chicago Bears fans, the legions who are swearing and stinging from the bitterness of Sunday’s 21-14 NFC Championship game loss to their rival Green Bay Packers, may never get over the specter of quarterback Jay Cutler’s second-half disappearing act.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/gay-jay-cutler-knee-injury-chicago-bears-nfc-championship-012311

Steve Sewell
01-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Ahaha yet another Bob proclamation/prognostication that proves to be completely wrong...a failure of epic proportions here.

baja
01-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Yep, Cutler got the last laugh. 8')

Cutler lacks grit in loss against Packers

CHICAGO

Chicago Bears fans, the legions who are swearing and stinging from the bitterness of Sunday’s 21-14 NFC Championship game loss to their rival Green Bay Packers, may never get over the specter of quarterback Jay Cutler’s second-half disappearing act.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/gay-jay-cutler-knee-injury-chicago-bears-nfc-championship-012311

"The greatest smell in the NFL" is not "Old Spice" it's Jay Cutler.

01-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Tim Tebow would have won that game today.

Tim Tebow will do well to throw 15 TDs next year. He would have wilted like a flower in that game.

01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Ahaha yet another Bob proclamation/prognostication that proves to be completely wrong...a failure of epic proportions here.

Except I didn't predict anything, dumbass.

Jay Cutler got the last laugh weeks ago.

01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh and you just knew once Bob decided to say Cutler had any kind of last laugh it would be bad for Cutler.

It was so bad that he went out and won a playoff game.

HEAV
Cutler never was mentally tough. Elway would have been out there. Plummer would have been out there....Grease would have.. Tebow played with a broken leg in highschool!

Cutler is what Cutler has always been....Soft!

OABB
Tim Tebow will do well to throw 15 TDs next year. He would have wilted like a flower in that game.

Thank you bob! Tebow is going to have a great year now. You have the Midas touch.... Except everyhing you touch turns to ****.

01-23-2011, 08:43 PM
How's the search for the next Tony Gonzalez going?

The Chiefs have an outstanding young tight end, thanks for asking.

baja
01-23-2011, 08:43 PM

Wanta bet?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-23-2011, 08:45 PM

In the biggest game of his career, he completely **** the bed in the first half and then stood on the sidelines with a "knee injury" that was so bad that he was standing the entire time.

Excuse me while I dont miss him.

And why the Tebow hate? 15 TDs in a full season? OK, asshole

Baba Booey
01-23-2011, 08:48 PM

Against the 7-9 Seahawks who trolled their way into the divisional round.

Next.

loborugger
01-23-2011, 08:49 PM

Jay got the last laugh, and Bob got the last piece of pizza.

cutthemdown
01-23-2011, 08:49 PM

Tebow stats will be right around 15 tds thrown you are right. He will rush for another 10 though. That's just how he will play. Also Tebow has played in huge games where Cutler hasn't. Tebow won't wilt he would run around like its a playground just like he always does.

cutthemdown
01-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Ok slobbo how about a bet. I say Tebow throws more then 15 tds next yr. You say he doesn't. Loser leaves the mane forever.

Steve Sewell
01-23-2011, 08:52 PM

That's funny because a lot of us Broncos fans are laughing right now.

And I said "proclamations/prognostications"...these never work out for you.

cutthemdown
01-23-2011, 08:52 PM
I said Cutler could still have a meltdown which will show Bears fans they don't have a winner. It totally came true. Cutler will never let you down if you are waiting for the whining loser to come out.

Getting his ass kicked ever sat at Vandy turned him into this i guess.

Steve Sewell
01-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Ok slobbo how about a bet. I say Tebow throws more then 15 tds next yr. You say he doesn't. Loser leaves the mane forever.

I would also be willing to take this bet with Bob.

cutthemdown
01-23-2011, 08:54 PM

I tried to point out how something like a last laugh very hard to call. You thought he got last laugh but then he melted down Jeff George style.

Even if we get nothing for Orton, and none of the picks play well, we still come out ahead because Cutler in a cancer and not a leader of men.

cutthemdown
01-23-2011, 08:56 PM
I would also be willing to take this bet with Bob.

He won't take it because when he really thinks about he will think Tebow will easily get 15 tds. Bump it up to 18, 20 and maybe its a tough bet.

Tebow though will make up for not throwing 30 tds like the big boys by running a lot of them in. He could score 10 tds rushing IMO.

Steve Sewell
01-23-2011, 08:56 PM
The Chiefs have an outstanding young tight end, thanks for asking.

You will refer to this tight end as "Joe Mays' bitch" when talking about him on the forums, Bobo.

01-23-2011, 09:00 PM

Sorry, I can't bet anyone on the Mane until baja makes good on his bet with me.

That's two of you have welched on bets with me. Fool me once...

baja
01-23-2011, 09:01 PM

Ah let's go double or nothing bob.

Steve Sewell
01-23-2011, 09:02 PM

You welched on your last bet with me and I'm still willing to bet with you.

01-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Ah let's go double or nothing bob.

**** you.

Pay up, and I'll consider it.

baja
01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
**** you.

Pay up, and I'll consider it.

but if I paid up I would fail Bob's school of welching???

Hercules Rockefeller
01-23-2011, 10:46 PM
you do realize you can play with any torn knee ligament besides the ACL? I tore my MCL in HS, played the entire season, summer, and didn't have surgery until college....that was lacrosse, far more running than QB.

I'll bump this since Boba Fett conveniently forgot to address this, despite addressing every other post directed at him in this thread.

But does anyone actually expect an answer from the guy whose pinnacle of athletic achievement is beating people to the front of the line at a buffet?

TDmvp
01-23-2011, 10:53 PM
I'll bump this since Boba Fett

:spit:
Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Sassy
01-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Haven't read all of this...but Bronco fans got the last laugh!

orange crusher
01-23-2011, 11:16 PM

Something the Chefs haven't been able to do in 17+ years. :wave:

Swedish Extrovert
01-23-2011, 11:20 PM
I;m pretty sure that the winner of the trade would be the first to win a Super Bowl.

Bob is premature once again.

cutthemdown
01-23-2011, 11:31 PM
If Cutler got last laugh then why is this so funny? :) last laugh? Cutler has one maybe 2 more years in Chicago then he's done there.

Boomhauer
01-24-2011, 03:02 AM
Haven't read all of this...but Bronco fans got the last laugh!

Two yrs of suck ending with 4wins vs. mediocre followed by a loss in the championship? You got a twisted sense of humor, or perhaps you're just a jilted lover. Ha!

Drek
01-24-2011, 03:51 AM
Two yrs of suck ending with 4wins vs. mediocre followed by a loss in the championship? You got a twisted sense of humor, or perhaps you're just a jilted lover. Ha!

The Broncos have cast out the poor character talents and in exchange have a good young talent pool for a more qualified coach to bring the best out of.

At the same time the key aspect was trading away a quitter like Cutler for a QB with unparalleled drive and toughness in Tebow.

Its a massive win long term for Denver because Cutler was never going to win anything of consequence here. Just like how he'll never win anything in Chicago or the handful of other teams he stops off at.

Tebow's a winner. We can build a champion around him. We've now got a proven quality HC to do it.

And FYI, the Broncos only won three more games over two years of Cutler being here with a future HoF head coach running the show over what McDaniels (purported by many on here to be the world's biggest moron) "accomplished" here. Not exactly a fall from the pinnacle of football excellence.

TailgateNut
01-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Although I'm not "sold" on TimBow, I'd rather have anyone other than Cutler. He was a waste of oxygen, and still is.

vancejohnson82
01-24-2011, 06:48 AM
Although I'm not "sold" on TimBow, I'd rather have anyone other than Cutler. He was a waste of oxygen, and still is.

He is now hated by three fanbases...

Rohirrim
01-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Cutler got the last cry.

colonelbeef
01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Cutler got the last cry.

McDaniels- fired mid season, the worst possible embarrassment for a HC to endure.

Cutler is still laughing.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
McDaniels- fired mid season, the worst possible embarrassment for a HC to endure.

Laughing so hard, he can't stop crying. Got it. LOL

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2011, 09:09 AM

You need to just "let it go" dude...

cutthemdown
01-24-2011, 09:25 AM
but if I paid up I would fail Bob's school of welching???

Welching is pathetic. If you owe bobo something pay up.

Austin Bronco Fan
01-24-2011, 09:25 AM

Considering all the press he's getting the past 24 hours, I seriously doubt it.

Rohirrim
01-24-2011, 09:27 AM

Mopey Jay's epic fail stands on its own. It has nothing to do with his past coaches or teams. I don't know why you Cutler ball swingers think that it does. What's your next argument, Cutler sucks because his coaches at Vanderbilt weren't nice enough?

StugotsIII
01-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi fellas.

I've been reflecting on the 2010 season and the thought suddenly hit me last night. Jay Cutler got the last laugh!

He was ostracized by your head coach and fan base, and ridiculed last year during a tough season. But there is no question he is undeniably talented. Cutler is the anti-Orton. The cream always rises to the top and that's where Cutler is...the top.

The Bears won their division and are the #2 seed in the playoffs. It was because of Cutler, who slashed his interceptions by 10, raised his QB rating 10 points and averaged a full yard per attempt better. Certainly Chicago's running game and lackluster receiving corps didn't do him any favors.

Jay Cutler escaped Denver and is in the playoffs.

A place the Broncos haven't visited for five long, long years now.

He got the last laugh.

Not McDaniels. Not Orton. Not Bowlen. Not Shanahan, who is coaching a joke franchise and starting Rex Grossman. And certainly not Broncos fans.

Jay Cutler doesn't need any of those clowns. He has TRIUMPHED.

http://sportsyakima.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Bears_Seahawyakimaherald.com_9.jpg

Just remember that.

He beat a 7-9 "playoff" team and quit on his team when things got tough.

Nice 30 QB rating yesterday.

PS. How did the Chiefs do in the playoffs?

AlienBronco
01-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Considering all the press he's getting the past 24 hours, I seriously doubt it.

He's getting a lot of bad press yes, it should fall under ...

If we can't make you famous, then we will make you infamous!

StugotsIII
01-24-2011, 09:34 AM

Isn't Cutler literally crying now?

Isn't crying the opposite of laughing?

GFYS.

Peoples Champ
01-24-2011, 09:38 AM

So you would take Cutler on the chiefs then right?

01-24-2011, 10:25 PM
So you would take Cutler on the chiefs then right?

Yes, I would.

You flip Cassel and Cutler and the Bears don't even sniff the playoffs. Cutler's receivers and running game are terrible.

OABB
01-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Well there you go socal, beefcurtains and jhiz. Bob agrees with you. The same bob who liked croyle. I think this settles it?

SoCalBronco
01-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Well there you go socal, beefcurtains and jhiz. Bob agrees with you. The same bob who liked croyle. I think this settles it?

To be fair, Bob IS my friend and is probably one of my 10 favorite people on this whole forum.

You can go back to hating me, now. :)

Now...to get back to the merits of your post...yes Bob has had some infamous statements here....

1. Pfft. The Chiefs defense will have no trouble stopping Quentin Griffin.
2. The Red Knight will conquer all!
3. Tyson Jackson is another Richard Seymour.
4. Derrick Johnson is better than DJ Williams.
5. I've been nothing but good luck for the Mavs. (during the NBA Finals)

.....but overall, when he's not going out of his way to attention whore, he actually brings some good takes. Once you get to know Bob, he's a funny guy and not that bad.

01-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Derrick Johnson IS better than DJ Williams. Sorry.

SoCalBronco
01-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Derrick Johnson IS better than DJ Williams. Sorry.

LMAO....I knew that was coming.

OABB
01-25-2011, 12:30 AM
I love me some bob. I was just trying to use his record of bad football takes to help you see the light.

SoCalBronco
01-25-2011, 12:32 AM
I love me some bob.

WTF....I thought you were a poster on this forum, not his right hand, dude.

OABB
01-25-2011, 12:36 AM
I used to be fat and unable to get laid like bob. I don't mind giving an old fashioned for a kindred spirit. Its easy and fast. I just dress up like a night elf from Darkon.

SoCalBronco
01-25-2011, 12:44 AM
i used to be fat and unable to get laid like bob. I don't mind giving an old fashioned for a kindred spirit. Its easy and fast. I just dress up like a night elf from darkon.

lol

Peoples Champ
01-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Yes, I would.

You flip Cassel and Cutler and the Bears don't even sniff the playoffs. Cutler's receivers and running game are terrible.

Thats crazy, i asked a few other chiefs fans and they said no way they would take cutler on their team.