PDA

View Full Version : Colon Cowturd...biggest ESPiN idiot ever?

footstepsfrom#27
01-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Let's face it...this guy's a tool. Just caught his view of Tebow:

"Tebow is fools gold, and there's apparently alot of fools in Denver"

Then he goes on an amazing 15 minute rant:

"It's like drafting a long snapper for the next year and a half"
"Josh McDaniels went and bought a $200 bottle of wine"
"You know who got Tim Tebow drafted? Ben Roethlisberger."
"Timmy Rah Rah won't play for a year and a half...horrible."
"He's a 45% passer"

To many more ignorant one liners to remember...Colon is a numbskull. Some sidekick on the set said he was rooting for Tebow and he launched into round two...what a dumbass. Can't wait for this turd to eat it on this.

footstepsfrom#27
01-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Not surprisingly...he's a fan of Kiszla. LOL

footstepsfrom#27
01-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Now he's comparing Tebow and Denver's rebuilding efforts to a scam of some kind...he's off his ****ing rocker on this ****...it's actualy pretty amusing now.

Hulamau
01-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Not surprisingly...he's a fan of Kiszla. LOL

Who EVER we have at QB or coach in Denver, Kizla does his best to run them out of town.

Man-Goblin
01-03-2011, 08:52 AM
He says all kinds of silly stuff to keep people listening more than a few minutes. Apparently, it worked with you.

Time will tell with Tebow.

bronco militia
FYI, he's a chargers fan

footstepsfrom#27
First time I've ever watched this clown...man he's not the brightest bulb on the shelf is he?

jhns
01-03-2011, 08:53 AM
We scored more with Tebow and Studesville in every single game than our season average with Orton and McDaniels. Considering so many were riding Ortons jock, I'm not sure how anyone could claim Tebow isn't getting it done. He may not do it the way they want him to but he is still doing it.

scorpio
01-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Kiszla is a miserable human being, even Stefan Fatsis thought so.

Mile High Shack
01-03-2011, 08:57 AM
do yourself a favor and change the channel, it will make you feel better

he's a bitter man, who's best radio is when he just goes off on someone

it use to be John Wall, but apparently he's changed to Tim Tebow

orange crusher
01-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Yes to the thread title.

Garcia Bronco
01-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Why do you let these mother ****ers that don't have real jobs or produce anything of value get your goat?

footstepsfrom#27
01-03-2011, 09:05 AM
He says all kinds of silly stuff to keep people listening more than a few minutes. Apparently, it worked with you.

Time will tell with Tebow.
I see. This matters to him...why? A freak show like Springer or a fatal car crash will draw a second glance as well if you have an extra minute to waste I suppose.

Steve Sewell
01-03-2011, 09:07 AM
People actually listen to Colin Cowherd?

re: Kiszla, I rarely click on any of his articles because they are typically sensationalist B.S. pieces meant to rile people up.

It looks like they are both accomplishing their missions.

Kaylore
01-03-2011, 09:07 AM
1. Who cares? Some media personality doesn't like Tebow and wants to get people to react to him.

2. Tebow played the number one defense in his second NFL career ever and held his own. He looked bad on some plays but he's a rookie in his third start against a good defense, so it's forgivable. He can play better and he will.

Bronco Vixen
01-03-2011, 09:13 AM
yea, I just caught that as well. the most frustrating thing about that buffoon is that he's lazy and doesn't do an ounce of research. it's all just off the cuff. he just said tebow played two of the worst teams in football. laughable. i'm really glad that some brilliant soul thought it'd be a good idea to make a tv series about his life.

BroncosMT
01-03-2011, 09:14 AM
yea, I just caught that as well. the most frustrating thing about that buffoon is that he's lazy and doesn't do an ounce of research. it's all just off the cuff. he just said tebow played two of the worst teams in football. laughable. i'm really glad that some brilliant soul thought it'd be a good idea to make a tv series about his life.

I would agree....what makes his life must see TV? that is what is laughable

Mile High Shack
01-03-2011, 09:20 AM
I would agree....what makes his life must see TV? that is what is laughable

they made a TV series over a twitter feed, do you really think it takes any talent to make a TV show now days?

ColoradoDarin
01-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Heck yeah! Bring it on. I hope someone gives the tape of this to our QB and asks Tebow about it. Tim Tebow thrives on this. I hope we have a big enough bulletin board for all the hate next year!

footstepsfrom#27
01-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Yeah he's comedic junk food...Dilfer is on there now schooling him. Some of these sports shockjocks are worth listening to...even jerkwads like Paige or Skip Bayless make some cogent points now and then but this dude's shockingly dumb. ESPN's **** used to be decent...well I clicked to NFL channel anyway.

20 minutes I'll never get back...

Jason in LA
01-03-2011, 09:27 AM
We scored more with Tebow and Studesville in every single game than our season average with Orton and McDaniels. Considering so many were riding Ortons jock, I'm not sure how anyone could claim Tebow isn't getting it done. He may not do it the way they want him to but he is still doing it.

Kind of off topic, but the same was true for when Cutler took Plummer's starting job, but many believe that the Broncos would have been better and made the playoffs with Plummer. Go figure.

Jason in LA
01-03-2011, 09:32 AM
i'm really glad that some brilliant soul thought it'd be a good idea to make a tv series about his life.

They'll put anybody on TV. If you've ever seen five minutes of Basketball Wives you'd know. I think only one of them is actually married to a basketball player, and he is retired, was a bench player most of his career, and they're getting a divorce. lol

Jason in LA
01-03-2011, 09:46 AM
It's interesting that Cowherd rags on Tebow's completion percentage, which is 50%. And that's with only three starts. 60+% wasn't expected at this point.

Cowherd loves Mark Sanchez, who completes 54% of his passes. Ah, that's not much of a difference. I like Sanchez too, but if he doesn't get that percentage up by next year (his third year), I'd start to question weither he'll ever be one of the top QBs in the league. Same with Tebow. I like what I've seen so far, and next year there will be some highs and lows, but year three he needs to be efficient. If he's still around 50% then it will be a problem. But to complain about 50% after three starts is just dumb.

HAT
01-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Colin's great on the radio...TV, not so much.

I could care less weather or not he likes Tebow. Doesn't take away entertainment value from the show.

yerner
01-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Maybe he just tuned into the game yesterday and saw one of the floating knuckleballs that Tebow unleashed into the sidelines. No, that couldn't be it.

HEAV
01-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Cowherd is the shock-jock type sports radio persona. Sports radio found it losing the younger listen to hip'er talker heads. Jim Rome was the first and his gimmick works.

Cowherd is a fan of Howard Stern and copies the model Howard had back in the days of being controversal and saying things to stir the masses into a fury.

I hate the guy, but I'm an older radio listener and prefer my sports talk straight on like Dan Patrick, Tony Korneisher. Mix in some fun and social talk yes, but still be pure to the sports.

Colon knows Tebow has a huge following and he knows Tebow has a big group of haters also. So he feeds both sides and opens the phones lines...

Espn then reaps the rewards with advertiser dollars.

HEAV
01-03-2011, 10:25 AM
It's interesting that Cowherd rags on Tebow's completion percentage, which is 50%. And that's with only three starts. 60+% wasn't expected at this point.

Cowherd loves Mark Sanchez, who completes 54% of his passes. Ah, that's not much of a difference. I like Sanchez too, but if he doesn't get that percentage up by next year (his third year), I'd start to question weither he'll ever be one of the top QBs in the league. Same with Tebow. I like what I've seen so far, and next year there will be some highs and lows, but year three he needs to be efficient. If he's still around 50% then it will be a problem. But to complain about 50% after three starts is just dumb.

Colon is a USC guy.

HEAV
01-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Maybe he just tuned into the game yesterday and saw one of the floating knuckleballs that Tebow unleashed into the sidelines. No, that couldn't be it.

Speaking of Haters...

Triplelefthook
01-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Cowherd is from California. Just like Rome. They are douchebags

JDub15
01-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I for the most part like Colon and his interesting view points. Part of his job (as he has admitted) is to get ratings, and part of that is making decisive judgement one way or another to elicit reactions from fans.

He loves Sanchez who is not very good, and based on limited play Tebow has outplayed Sanchez/Bradford/McCoy on a per-play basis. Whether he can do this for extended periods of time remains to be seen.

Sanchez also leads the league in INTs dropped with 13. Add those 13 to his current total of 13 and that gives him 17 TDs / 26 INTs.

Completion % might be a bit overrated... as Bradford showed last night - you can rack up completions with 2 yard dumpoffs to the RB and the result is a high completion % but a very ineffective offense.

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2011, 11:08 AM
I for the most part like Colon and his interesting view points. Part of his job (as he has admitted) is to get ratings, and part of that is making decisive judgement one way or another to elicit reactions from fans.

He loves Sanchez who is not very good, and based on limited play Tebow has outplayed Sanchez/Bradford/McCoy on a per-play basis. Whether he can do this for extended periods of time remains to be seen.

Sanchez also leads the league in INTs dropped with 13. Add those 13 to his current total of 13 and that gives him 17 TDs / 26 INTs.

Completion % might be a bit overrated... as Bradford showed last night - you can rack up completions with 2 yard dumpoffs to the RB and the result is a high completion % but a very ineffective offense.

Exactly. Colon dumps on Tebow because he knows it will ellicit a response from a large audience. He also praises Sanchize because he knows there is a huge NY audience that needs to hear this. Colon Cowterd is just doing what he does best...

t-diddy
01-03-2011, 11:12 AM

This. Completion % should be looked at in conjunction with Yards Per Attempt. Tebow throws the ball down the field so naturally his comp % is going to be lower. With time and maturity he will start taking the checkdown and high percentage throws more often. I, for one, like the way he stretches the field.

yerner
01-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Speaking of Haters...

Whatever, man. I'm not going to blindly support a guy three games into his career. He threw some of the worst passes I've ever seen a pro qb throw yesterday. Balls that didn't even come out of his hand in a spiral.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-03-2011, 11:21 AM
1. Who cares? Some media personality doesn't like Tebow and wants to get people to react to him.

2. Tebow played the number one defense in his second NFL career ever and held his own. He looked bad on some plays but he's a rookie in his third start against a good defense, so it's forgivable. He can play better and he will.

I think a more accurate assessment of Tebow against the strong SD D was he was close to garbage for about 2/3 -3/4s of it and the remainder part he was carrying the game.

Los Broncos
01-03-2011, 11:25 AM
FYI, he's a chargers fan

And he picks them every year to win the super bowl, so go figure.

JDub15
01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
And he picks them every year to win the super bowl, so go figure.

Actually he grew up watching the Seahawks but isn't really a fan of any particular team.

He did pick the Chiefs as the darkhorse of the AFC.

Los Broncos
01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Cowherd is from California. Just like Rome. They are douchebags

I'm pretty sure he grew up in Seattle or near it.

Los Broncos
01-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Actually he grew up watching the Seahawks but isn't really a fan of any particular team.

He did pick the Chiefs as the darkhorse of the AFC.

Yes he grew up there and he loves USC, so he has his west coast bias.

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2011, 11:45 AM
I think a more accurate assessment of Tebow against the strong SD D was he was close to garbage for about 2/3 -3/4s of it and the remainder part he was carrying the game.

SD also had film on him so its a two way street. SD has a very good defense and they could develop a game plan to stop Tebow.

Bronco Vixen
01-03-2011, 11:48 AM
They'll put anybody on TV.

excellent point

Bronco Vixen
01-03-2011, 11:50 AM
If you've ever seen five minutes of Basketball Wives you'd know. I think only one of them is actually married to a basketball player, and he is retired, was a bench player most of his career, and they're getting a divorce. lol

tragically I did catch some of that show last week when I my innards were dissolving secondary to the dreaded roto virus and I was too deliriously sick to find the remote control to change the channel. not sure which was more traumatic - being tortured by that nonsense or agony of illness.

bronco militia
01-03-2011, 11:55 AM
tragically I did catch some of that show last week when I my innards were dissolving secondary to the dreaded roto virus and I was too deliriously sick to find the remote control to change the channel. not sure which was more traumatic - being tortured by that nonsense or agony of illness.

pics or it didn't happen Ha!

Bronco Vixen
01-03-2011, 11:58 AM

That's fine. My problem is that he does so little research. I believe that these toolboxes should at least be minimally accountable when it comes to their positions and the accuracy of what they say on the air. It's ok to have an opinion, but for the amount of money he's being paid and the number of people he reaches, you'd like to think that it is at least somewhat based on facts.

He loves Sanchez

but nothing compares to his incessant fawning over Brady McPouty Fancy Hair Pants!

Bronco Vixen
01-03-2011, 12:02 PM
pics or it didn't happen Ha!

:) I actually believe the pic from my previous post aptly personifies the horror that is the stomach flu

Bigdawg26
01-03-2011, 12:08 PM
He is a tool and a doucebag. Sometimes I can't even listen to him because he can only get his ratings by being controversial like Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern. He is a lame nerd who wants be a jock.

Bigdawg26
01-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Van Pelt and Ryan are the only ones what are awesome on espn radio anyways!

bronco militia
01-03-2011, 12:21 PM
:) I actually believe the pic from my previous post aptly personifies the horror that is the stomach flu

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Jason in LA
01-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Anybody who writes Tebow off this early is just trying to make a lot of noise. They want to be heard. At this point I'd say that he isn't a sure thing to be great and he isn't a sure thing to be a bust. Anybody on either side of that argument is out to lunch.

As for the completion percentage, I agree, that stat by itself can be a little overrated. And Tebow likes to go down field, so he'll probably never throw in the mid to high 60s. That's fine. Hell, Brian Griese had a year in the high 60s if I'm remembering right. But Tebow can't stay in the low 50s. Get into the high 50s to low 60s and he's fine.

Tebow has earned the right to start next year. If there is progress then I say continue with the guy. But if he continues to be inefficient, then it's going to be time to go in a different direction.

Triplelefthook
01-03-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm pretty sure he grew up in Seattle or near it.

eeek. so he's a wannabe Californian? That's even worse. Pay this guy no mind, he's just obnoxious.

Triplelefthook
01-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Yes he grew up there and he loves USC, so he has his west coast bias.

And he is a Lakers fan

snowspot66
01-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Anybody who writes Tebow off this early is just trying to make a lot of noise. They want to be heard. At this point I'd say that he isn't a sure thing to be great and he isn't a sure thing to be a bust. Anybody on either side of that argument is out to lunch.

As for the completion percentage, I agree, that stat by itself can be a little overrated. And Tebow likes to go down field, so he'll probably never throw in the mid to high 60s. That's fine. Hell, Brian Griese had a year in the high 60s if I'm remembering right. But Tebow can't stay in the low 50s. Get into the high 50s to low 60s and he's fine.

Tebow has earned the right to start next year. If there is progress then I say continue with the guy. But if he continues to be inefficient, then it's going to be time to go in a different direction.

I fully agree with this. It is over rated to an extent. In a reasonable offense that is properly balanced a QB will throw around 500 to 550 passes. If he can be right around 60% he'll be just fine. The difference between 60 and 65% is less than 30 passes over the course of a season or less than two per game. Hell in his three starts we've seen at least two dropped passes per game and God knows how many balls just thrown away (it's a smart play for a rookie but as a veteran he needs to start making a few plays out of a couple of those). It's not like he's throwing balls all over the field to nobody in particular.

I'm confident, if he gets the mental aspects of playing QB down, he'll easily hit that 60% mark.

footstepsfrom#27
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Cowherd is the shock-jock type sports radio persona. Sports radio found it losing the younger listen to hip'er talker heads. Jim Rome was the first and his gimmick works.

Cowherd is a fan of Howard Stern and copies the model Howard had back in the days of being controversal and saying things to stir the masses into a fury.

I hate the guy, but I'm an older radio listener and prefer my sports talk straight on like Dan Patrick, Tony Korneisher. Mix in some fun and social talk yes, but still be pure to the sports.

Colon knows Tebow has a huge following and he knows Tebow has a big group of haters also. So he feeds both sides and opens the phones lines...

Espn then reaps the rewards with advertiser dollars.
Yeah I know some people like listening to all that crap but it gets old after a while when you have top rated sports talk shows that rarely mention sports, professional trolls like this latest idiot and there's just a general degredation in what you get listening to most of these shows. TV especially...a lot of junk out there.

footstepsfrom#27
01-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Why assume that Tebow will never do this or never do that, etc...after 3 games his rookie year? Especially given the circumstances of this coaching staff...this kid gives me the impression he'll be doing anything he pleases on the field once he gets it down pat.

Jason in LA
01-03-2011, 01:27 PM
I fully agree with this. It is over rated to an extent. In a reasonable offense that is properly balanced a QB will throw around 500 to 550 passes. If he can be right around 60% he'll be just fine. The difference between 60 and 65% is less than 30 passes over the course of a season or less than two per game. Hell in his three starts we've seen at least two dropped passes per game and God knows how many balls just thrown away (it's a smart play for a rookie but as a veteran he needs to start making a few plays out of a couple of those). It's not like he's throwing balls all over the field to nobody in particular.

I'm confident, if he gets the mental aspects of playing QB down, he'll easily hit that 60% mark.

One thing that did bug me after awhile was the amount of throw aways. In one aspect it is a smart play for him, because a lot of young QBs make the mistake of forcing plays, which leads to ints. So he is doing the smart thing. But on the other hand, after a while I started losing confidence that he could drop back and hit the right receiver. It seemed like a lot of passing plays became broken plays with Tebow running around to make something happen, or him throwing the ball out of bounds.

At this point I'm not going to kill him about it because it's only his third start, but next year he's going to have to show improvement on reading defenses and getting rid of the ball in a timely fashion. Right now he's relying too much on extending the play to make something happen, mostly because he's not making the called play happen, but with more time he should be able to locate his first or second read and complete the pass. I think he'll always have the mentality to extend the play and make something happen, and that's what's going to make him good, but if he can't become reasonably efficient, he's not going to make it.

snowspot66
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
We all know he'll be working on just that. I think the complete lack of first team reps until the week before he started is a big part of why he had to bring it down and make something happen. Most of the other rookie QB's these past few years have come in and took over from day one because the team had **** at the position. We at least had Orton. It's hard to expect a guy to learn to read a defense when he's running the scout team.

Jason in LA
01-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Why assume that Tebow will never do this or never do that, etc...after 3 games his rookie year? Especially given the circumstances of this coaching staff...this kid gives me the impression he'll be doing anything he pleases on the field once he gets it down pat.

I think that people are over analyzing Tebow. They see where he's struggled and they're ready to act like that's always going to be an issue. They are ignoring the fact that he's only started 3 games. Next year, especially late in the year, after all the mini camps, training camps, and the bulk of the season, if he's still completing only 50% of his passes and he's still throwing the ball away a lot because he's not making the right read, then I'll worried and will be ready to go in a different direction. But after three games he's shown that he can play in this league, and that he can compete at a very high level. The team was down by 19 points against San Diego and they were one Tebow long pass away form winning it, and they scored more points per game with him at QB. If he becomes reasonably efficient, man, that could be scary.

footstepsfrom#27
01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Nobody has mentioned the fact that one knock on Tebow that has definitely been refuted is this notion that he doesn't have an NFL arm. He laid a couple of throws into extremely small windows with laser like precision. I can't recall the Charger CB's name but there was one in the 4th quarter where he just caught this dude flat-footed because he put that thing exactly where he needed to even with the defender standing right there. That kind of stuff scares you with him, but we need to let this kid also be who he is and not act like everything he does has to be rebuilt, because it doesn't.

colonelbeef
01-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Cowherd is 100% trash. Every word that comes out of his mouth is antagonistic drivel

Greatspirits
01-03-2011, 04:13 PM
People don't get your panties in a wad, its all for ratings! Cowturd know's Tebow is a lightning rod for information good or bad. Hopefully over time he will prove them all wrong!

Arkie
01-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Kind of off topic, but the same was true for when Cutler took Plummer's starting job, but many believe that the Broncos would have been better and made the playoffs with Plummer. Go figure.

We will never know. Cutler had better stats, but the team (7-4) played better with Plummer than Cutler (2-3) that year, and they went with Plummer to the AFCC game the year before.

elsid13
01-03-2011, 05:38 PM
We will never know. Cutler had better stats, but the team (7-4) played better with Plummer than Cutler (2-3) that year, and they went with Plummer to the AFCC game the year before.

Thanksgiving game in KC. That why Plummer was benched.

footstepsfrom#27
01-03-2011, 05:48 PM
That's exactly how Elway used to play.

TDmvp
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM

"He's a 45% passer"

To many more ignorant one liners to remember...Colon is a numbskull. Some sidekick on the set said he was rooting for Tebow and he launched into round two...what a dumbass. Can't wait for this turd to eat it on this.

Yea he plays that dump like three times a show , it's a combination of many many shows and it's like 3 mins long ... He's a moron ...

Here was his take on Tebow the other day.

last week he was comparing Tebow to Obama and that Broncos fans was just as stupid as the country thinking Obama could be a savior with thinking Tebow could be a great Qb... And that Obama and Tebow are the same thing inspiring , young , unproven , good looking , dream sellers that are not ready for prime time and may be snake oil salesmen.

Dude is a total douche...

db56
01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I was driving home from work tonight listening to ESPN's Doug Gotdweeb show and he said the Denver job was the worst available because of the Qb position, Tebow just wasnt an NFL QB.

Kiper, Gotdweeb and Cowterd must have the same writers..

THE719!
01-03-2011, 09:17 PM

"He's a 45% passer"

I dont like him either but not because of what he says about tebow.... its cuz his never ending ball sucking from USC and New England

Man-Goblin
01-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Read on the webs that Tebow will be on Cowherd's show today at 11:45. He should be puddy in Tebow's hands by 11:47.

BMarsh615
01-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Read on the webs that Tebow will be on Cowherd's show today at 11:45. He should be puddy in Tebow's hands by 11:47.
Here is the link

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/live/?callsign=ESPNRADIO

Man-Goblin
01-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Here is the link

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/live/?callsign=ESPNRADIO

That's 11:45 east, 9:45 for you people out west.

Mile High Shack
01-06-2011, 09:49 AM
this should be a huge fluff piece, Cow**** will just be nice to him, he doesn't have the balls to say the things he said about him to his face

Missouribronc
01-06-2011, 09:53 AM
this should be a huge fluff piece, Cow**** will just be nice to him, he doesn't have the balls to say the things he said about him to his face

He just told him that he doesn't think that his style is the formula to succeed, and he's also confronting him about being too ra-ra. Compared his attitude to Joey Harrington.

The questions are pretty pointed, actually.

Mile High Shack
01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
He just told him that he doesn't think that his style is the formula to succeed, and he's also confronting him about being too ra-ra. Compared his attitude to Joey Harrington.

The questions are pretty pointed, actually.

naaa, I heard it, he wasn't as bitter sounding as he normally is when he's just going off, it was a watered down version of what he's been saying

Missouribronc
01-06-2011, 09:56 AM
naaa, I heard it, he wasn't as bitter sounding as he normally is when he's just going off, it was a watered down version of what he's been saying

Cowherd might be a douche sometimes, but he has common courtesy. When he goes off about someone not succeeding in sports, it doesn't mean he has actual animosity towards that person.

Jason in LA
01-06-2011, 11:09 AM
I'd say that Cowherd toned his act down during the interview, which was professional, but he did ask questions that were more of statements about his view point of Tebow. So it was kind of a tactful way of asking questions about his viewpoints of Tebow. I'd say that Cowherd handled it properly, because he would have been a punk if he didn't ask Tebow certain questions, and he would have been a dick if he started bashing Tebow with him on the phone.

I did find the end very funny. Tebow pretty much said thank you for having me on your show, God bless you, and I look forward to proving you wrong. I was like damn, how can you bash a guy after that? lol

BroncoBen
01-06-2011, 11:11 AM
We all know he'll be working on just that. I think the complete lack of first team reps until the week before he started is a big part of why he had to bring it down and make something happen. Most of the other rookie QB's these past few years have come in and took over from day one because the team had **** at the position. We at least had Orton. It's hard to expect a guy to learn to read a defense when he's running the scout team.

Agreed.. you figure Tebow had what 2-3 days working with the starters before the Raiders game. And the Raiders have a pretty decent defense. Then two weeks later he goes up against the #1 defense in the Chargers.

People like Cowherd need to get all their facts in place first before they start talking.

Cito Pelon
01-06-2011, 11:35 AM

Ah, Tebow will be fine in the NFL. Steve Young I believe you thought a lot of, and that guy had a ton of experience before he even got to SF. Cut his teeth in the USFL as a starter, then started a bunch of games with the Buccaneers.

I'll go out to lunch and say Tebow will be a great one. He has a great arm, and I like his accuracy. I like his deep ball accuracy. I like the velocity he has on the outs. And of course he can run for a lot of first downs and TD's.

2KBack
01-06-2011, 11:45 AM

The Duke himself didn't even break 60% in the Championship years....it's an overrated stat

Missouribronc
01-06-2011, 11:50 AM
People like Cowherd need to get all their facts in place first before they start talking.

This can be Cowherd's problem. He, and he admits to it, pays attention to only the teams that are winning that season, and he doesn't know much about the other teams.

ESPN Radio ran a web radio promo for Cowherd's show for months last season saying something to the effect that Champ was the only returning starter on that defense last year and the rest were nobodies, so Nolan and McDaniels needed to be praised. The statement was flat out untrue, of course. Now, I know I micro-focus on the Broncos, so immediately I know that's not true...but I would think most NFL fans would have known the names Elvis Dumervil, D.J. Williams and Brian Dawkins, and know that two of those three had started the previous season.

Inkana7
01-06-2011, 12:01 PM
The Duke himself didn't even break 60% in the Championship years....it's an overrated stat

I don't think it's overrated, but it's silly to bring it up after 3 starts, since it's such a small sample size.

For example, in Cutler's first 3 starts here, he threw 82 passes, completing 48 for a completion percentage of 58.5%.

Tebow in his first three starts threw 81 passes, completing 40, for a completion percentage of 49.3%.

The difference in completions is 8, but the difference in completion percentage is nearly 10%. It's stupid.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm surprised Colin found the time to stop sucking Sanchez's cock for a minute to talk about any other young quarterbacks.

2KBack
01-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't think it's overrated, but it's silly to bring it up after 3 starts, since it's such a small sample size.

For example, in Cutler's first 3 starts here, he threw 82 passes, completing 48 for a completion percentage of 58.5%.

Tebow in his first three starts threw 81 passes, completing 40, for a completion percentage of 49.3%.

The difference in completions is 8, but the difference in completion percentage is nearly 10%. It's stupid.

I still think it is pretty overrated, like I was saying before in 1997 Elway completed 55% of his passes, the key was the quality of the passes. He set the Bronco TD pass record and only turned the ball over 11 times. Those are going to be the keys for a player like Tebow. I am not about start shaking my fist over 5%.