PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels' Settlement

bombay
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Does anyone have details on what it cost the Broncos to pay off McDaniels? I heard that it was settled but nothing on the financial terms. What I am wondering is if they got a bit of a better deal considering the possibility of litigation over the taping incident. For cause, that sort of thing.

Anyone know?

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
We pay the difference between his old and new contract.

bombay
01-02-2011, 07:11 PM

Hmm. I hope he gets a head coaching job.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM

That's not a settlement, that's basic contract law

Jesterhole
01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Maybe we should hire him back as offensive coordinator. Might as well get something out it...

Lev Vyvanse
01-02-2011, 07:18 PM
That's not a settlement, that's basic contract law

Thanks! You think it is going to go through litigation? Because I like our draft picks.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks! You think it is going to go through litigation? Because I like our draft picks.

Anytime.

Also hard to agree to financial terms, like they've done, when he hasn't signed a new contract if they're paying the difference.

Boomhauer
01-03-2011, 06:27 AM

Doubtful. Ellis has used the words 'severance' and 'settlement', implying the old contract was nullified and replaced. Any links or info as to what McD was willing to except, rather than an 'at cause' firing, or what Bowlen payed to avoid a legal battle would be appreciated.

Beantown Bronco
01-03-2011, 06:33 AM
It won't ever be made public. You can pretty much guarantee that not releasing the amount was part of the settlement agreement.

bloodsunday
01-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Wonder why McD would "settle". Perhaps in hopes Denver wouldn't seek "for cause" in the whole spy-gate deal.

ScottXray
01-03-2011, 09:32 AM
My bet is McD settled rather than the Broncos going to an "for cause" termination. Obviously there is a skeleton in the closet that neither side wants to see made public, but McD hopes to continue coaching in the NFL
and a for cause termination ends that possibility, because it would require a public airing of dirty laundry.

I'd bet he got about a million to shut up and take the deal, and Broncos will not discuss it with anyone else. McD is screwed, because they don't need to say anything to any other team or owner....just the fact he settled is damning.

Jetmeck
01-03-2011, 10:52 AM
That little puke should be paying each and every one of us..............

BroncosMT
01-03-2011, 12:12 PM
My bet is McD settled rather than the Broncos going to an "for cause" termination. Obviously there is a skeleton in the closet that neither side wants to see made public, but McD hopes to continue coaching in the NFL
and a for cause termination ends that possibility, because it would require a public airing of dirty laundry.

I'd bet he got about a million to shut up and take the deal, and Broncos will not discuss it with anyone else. McD is screwed, because they don't need to say anything to any other team or owner....just the fact he settled is damning.

This makes the most sense to me...