PDA

View Full Version : KFC Chiefs are a joke. AFC West Champs by default.

Taco John
01-02-2011, 12:35 PM
What a bunch of jokers. Kansas City is an embarrassment of an AFC West Champ.

I guess somebody had to win it this year. Might as well be these clowns...

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2011, 12:36 PM
The raiders are owning them up front like Denver did the first time we played. I can't believe Oakland is going to sweep the division and not make the playoffs.

Dagmar
01-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I just want to thank Requiem for making that bet and giving us a Bob-less season. It would have been unbearable.

oubronco
Poor Queefs fans this is the best it gets for them

Taco John
I can't wait to see this terrible team get smeared all over the playing field in the playoffs.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Been sayin this all year long, they are a joke !

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I just want to thank Requiem for making that bet and giving us a Bob-less season. It would have been unbearable.

I agree but IF Boob honors the bet it will be the first time !

TonyR
01-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Meanwhile, the Raiders might be the best team in the division.

oubronco
01-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Meanwhile, the Raiders might be the best team in the division.

It's pretty obvious they are

Taco John
01-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Haha! I hope they end up with the three seed so they can get embarrassed at home by a real team.

Dagmar
01-02-2011, 12:42 PM
KC are losing on purpose so they can avoid Baltimore...

Rohirrim
01-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I hope the Fade pastes forty points on them. Ha!

oubronco
01-02-2011, 12:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA another pick 6

Rohirrim
Ha! Raiders just picked off another one and ran it back. Three TDs up. Hilarious!

Mr
Oakland seems to have the better playoff team.
Funny... I ALMOST feel for the Faders... HAHA!

BroncoSojia
01-02-2011, 12:45 PM
KC are losing on purpose so they can avoid Baltimore...

KC would have to play Baltimore if they're the 4th seed, since they have the 5th seed locked up.

Dagmar
01-02-2011, 12:45 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/02/report-tom-cable-unlikely-to-return-to-raiders/

By the recent standards of the Oakland Raiders, head coach Tom Cable has made real progress this season: The Raiders are 7-8 this year after winning no more than five games in any of the last seven seasons.
But apparently that progress isn’t enough.
Adam Schefter of ESPN reported on Sunday NFL Countdown that Cable is unlikely to return as Raiders head coach in 2011

Smilin Assassin
01-02-2011, 12:46 PM
The raiders are owning them up front like Denver did the first time we played. I can't believe Oakland is going to sweep the division and not make the playoffs.

Had this ever happened before? I can't think of a time it has, nor think of a way it's possible.

Not to mention San Diego having #1 defense AND offense in the league and still missing playoffs.

Yeesh guys, if you're gonna skip the playoffs, do it in grand fashion like the Broncos have!

Taco John
01-02-2011, 12:47 PM
i'd be shocked if Tom Cable got fired.

oubronco
Are you not entertained?

Dagmar
KC would have to play Baltimore if they're the 4th seed, since they have the 5th seed locked up.

I realised that right after I posted. Doeth!

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Rewind 2 years, which team was in worse shape?

Taco John
01-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Likewise, I'd be shocked if KC got into the playoffs and did anything but embarrass themselves.

Bronco Rob
01-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Soon to be the only team in NFL history to lose seven playoff games in a row.

Hilarious!

TonyR
01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Had this ever happened before?

I think I heard today that this will be the first time ever.

Taco John
01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
The Detroit Lions of the AFC.

Mr
01-02-2011, 12:53 PM
I think I heard today that this will be the first time ever.

Jim rome said its never happened before a couple of weeks ago

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2011, 12:54 PM
this what I love about Denver:

In five minutes whether the kc oak game is tied or whatever; they are switching games

Dagmar
RossTuckerNFL (http://twitter.com/#%21/RossTuckerNFL)

If Raiders hang on, finish 6-0 in AFC West, 8-8 overall, and Al Davis still fires Cable, Raiders fans should find a new team.

Dagmar
Raiders will be the first team ever to sweep the division and not make the playoffs.

Bronco Rob
01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
No wonder Charlie Weis is out like Ca$$el's appendix.

ROFL!

Rohirrim
01-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow. I'm feeling conflicted. The Raiders got screwed out of the playoffs but embarrassed the Chiefs. I don't know which one to feel better about.

TonyR
01-02-2011, 01:08 PM
No wonder Charlie Weis is out like Ca$$el's appendix.

Has anyone heard an explanation for why he's doing this? There must be a story behind it because it is a very unusual move.

Rohirrim
01-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Has anyone heard an explanation for why he's doing this? There must be a story behind it because it is a very unusual move.

Haley is an insufferable asshole.

Bronco Rob
01-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Haley is an insufferable a-hole.

"Winner Winner Chicken Dinner"

^5

broncocalijohn
01-02-2011, 01:15 PM

We have a possible top 3 pick this year and struggling to win game #5 and this is what we do to a team that has improved the last few years to even have a winning record is pretty good. Sounds like complete sour grapes. Cant wait until you and others start acting like Faiders fans and bag on the Chargers' fans when we bring up our two Super Bowl victories. While the cellar dwellars are improving, we have taken their place and suck. But, go at it TJ and others.

crazyhorse
01-02-2011, 01:16 PM

How does it feel, looking up at clowns?

baja
01-02-2011, 01:20 PM

To take a college OC position when you had a OC job in the NFL is very strange. In the past this Board would have discussed this extensively and used it as fodder to ridicule KC, now we talk about drafting Luck which is 99.99 % unlikely.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 01:29 PM

You got a one week extension, that is all. Look at who you lost to and tell me how great you are. We Wont be looking up at you next
year when you play a real schedule with teams with winning records. Your success is a product of a week schedule and the weakest AFC WEST in a decade...................if you say different you are not being honest.........

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 01:32 PM
We have a possible top 3 pick this year and struggling to win game #5 and this is what we do to a team that has improved the last few years to even have a winning record is pretty good. Sounds like complete sour grapes. Cant wait until you and others start acting like Faiders fans and bag on the Chargers' fans when we bring up our two Super Bowl victories. While the cellar dwellars are improving, we have taken their place and suck. But, go at it TJ and others.

You just do not understand rivlavies, do ya ? You just don't remember the Chef fans braggin up their team and going one and done over and over or baggin on us when we suck it up ?

You obviously do not live in Chief territory like I do and undertsand the hatred for these red and white clowns ? Do ya ?

broncocalijohn
01-02-2011, 01:55 PM
You just do not understand rivlavies, do ya ? You just don't remember the Chef fans braggin up their team and going one and done over and over or baggin on us when we suck it up ?

You obviously do not live in Chief territory like I do and undertsand the hatred for these red and white clowns ? Do ya ?

Oh i do and I will laugh next week but TJ knows they didnt back into the division. They won 10 games this year. Two years ago they were a complete joke.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 02:07 PM
please we almost beat them twice and thye would have lost to the freekin winless Bills if not for a timeout......they are a joke.............period

Broncos_OTM
01-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Dude. Is that Jarvis Moss with a sack on the stat sheet anyone care to fill me in on it.

crazyhorse
01-02-2011, 03:38 PM
please we almost beat them twice and thye would have lost to the freekin winless Bills if not for a timeout......they are a joke.............period

Im laughin

fontaine
01-02-2011, 03:41 PM
The only joke here is watching Tebow run a gimmick offense.

I hate the chiefs but you gotta respect a team that runs the ball as hard as anyone and has a real front 7 backed by hard hitting DBs like Berry.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 03:46 PM
The only joke here is watching Tebow run a gimmick offense.

I hate the chiefs but you gotta respect a team that runs the ball as hard as anyone and has a real front 7 backed by hard hitting DBs like Berry.

oh yeah that overated charles again. Gets most his yards on ONE big play.....had 4 tds till last week...he sure is a badass getting those tuff yards.............

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Im laughin

wont be next week ? got the balls to wager on it ?

crazyhorse
01-02-2011, 03:49 PM

if, if, if, if, if the Broncos were better it wouldn't be such an easy scedule.

How'd you guys do with your easy schedule? From what I hear, the teams you played were a joke.

crazyhorse
01-02-2011, 03:52 PM
wont be next week ? got the balls to wager on it ?

I'll bet the Chiefs are better than the Broncos. I'll go big on that.

Betting on a Chief win is no sure bet next week and I cant afford to lose the money. But Im sure there are many many places that will take your bet. Since you feel so strong about it. Go big.

bombay
01-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Oakland exposed the chefs and gave playoff teams a nice blueprint.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 03:55 PM
if, if, if, if, if the Broncos were better it wouldn't be such an easy scedule.

How'd you guys do with your easy schedule? From what I hear, the teams you played were a joke.

Then bet cause you got nothin.............your team lost to any decent
team it played this year............

bombay
01-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I thought that useless douchebag said she was going to stop being a troll.

crazyhorse
01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
oh yeah that overated charles again. Gets most his yards on ONE big play.....had 4 tds till last week...he sure is a badass getting those tuff yards.............

This is misinformation. You should check the long run stats before you pop off. It makes you look like you're making it up as you go.

maven
01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
The Chiefs are going to the playoffs and our team is picking #2 overall. Joke is on us.

crazyhorse
01-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I thought that useless douchebag said she was going to stop being a troll.

Defending ones self doesnt equal troll. Believe me, I could be much more aggressive if I were giving even the slightest effort. Do you really think this is the best I can do with the season you've had? I haven't been in here every week trolling. Quit being so sore and man up for christ sake. Throwing barbs and then crying foul when someone defends themselves.

Ive been a model citizen all year.

crazyhorse
01-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Then bet cause you got nothin.............your team lost to any decent
team it played this year............

Were you wanting to bet the Chiefs aren't better than the Broncos? I cant tell.

KCStud
01-02-2011, 04:09 PM
KC may have played a terrible game today, but they took care of business all year beating the teams they should have. Can't say that for the rest of the division.
If you would have told anybody that KC would have won the division and played a home game in the playoffs, you would have been laughed at. As a KC fan, I'm thrilled with how my team has improved since Pioli and Haley got here.

Mile High Shack
01-02-2011, 04:13 PM
KC may have played a terrible game today, but they took care of business all year beating the teams they should have. Can't say that for the rest of the division.
If you would have told anybody that KC would have won the division and played a home game in the playoffs, you would have been laughed at. As a KC fan, I'm thrilled with how my team has improved since Pioli and Haley got here.

congrats on your first round playoff loss

KCStud
01-02-2011, 04:25 PM
congrats on your first round playoff loss

I'd rather play the Ravens. Jets have a better running game and elite CB's. Should be a good game.

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM
lol. the ball was on the ground forever.

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM

Great season.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 04:45 PM
This is misinformation. You should check the long run stats before you pop off. It makes you look like you're making it up as you go.

oops , I watch every game. Check his stats over the last month if you like. Take out the one long run in each of those games except the SD game in which he had 20 yards if you like.
He is overated but heh so is your whole team.........

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Defending ones self doesnt equal troll. Believe me, I could be much more aggressive if I were giving even the slightest effort. Do you really think this is the best I can do with the season you've had? I haven't been in here every week trolling. Quit being so sore and man up for christ sake. Throwing barbs and then crying foul when someone defends themselves.

Ive been a model citizen all year.

Crazy is one of the best behaved Chef fans on here but that doesnt change anything I have said about his lousy team. Yes we suck more this year but they are highly overated and will lose badly against the Ravens.................

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 04:50 PM
I'd rather play the Ravens. Jets have a better running game and elite CB's. Should be a good game.

Ravens have the better overall consistent defense..........You are ****ed. Look what a decent D did to your team today. Its only gets worse for you next week.

Rohirrim
01-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I predict a Ratbird slap down of the Chefs. Should be fun to watch. If you thought Oakland was crushing Cassel, wait until the Ratbirds get to him.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 04:55 PM
I see Ed Reed taking one back for 6, did we really pass on this guy ?

Pick Six
01-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Ray Lewis is going to go through that offensive line like a hot knife through butter...

Errrr...no pun intended...MAYBE....:)

Taco John
01-02-2011, 04:58 PM

It can't feel as bad as getting embarassed by the Junk McDaniels Broncos squad as bad as you guys did.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Chef fans know its coming..............they are already nervous. I am listening on their local sports channel.....its hilarious

Karenin
01-02-2011, 05:30 PM

Damn, you were gone for so long, I was hoping for the best.

edog24
01-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I am happy the chefs won the division. They are my least hated team of the division. And they play tough football, not full of gimmicks like ours.

crazyhorse
01-02-2011, 06:13 PM
It can't feel as bad as getting embarassed by the Junk McDaniels Broncos squad as bad as you guys did.

Im not starting any sour grapes threads today, nor did I when it happened. So, either it didn't feel as bad, or I handle myself better. Pick one.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Congrats to the Chiefs. Try not to start Grbac this time.

Taco John
01-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Im not starting any sour grapes threads today, nor did I when it happened. So, either it didn't feel as bad, or I handle myself better. Pick one.

Either way, it doesn't change my mind about you guys being pretender champs. Do I have sour grapes over it. Maybe, but it doesn't have anything to do with the Chiefs. If we had Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis, we'd be on our way to the playoffs with a sweep of this Chiefs team behind us. It really is too bad that we got McDaniels and kept you guys from getting him. Looks like we took the bullet God intended for you guys. At least he left us Tebow to heal our wounds.

Kaylore
01-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm glad the Chiefs defaulted into the division title. Think how the bolts feel. The Chiefs will be crushed by Baltimore anyway. The chargers needed to win one more game to win and can think about that all year long.

Bronco Yoda
01-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Pretty funny isn't it Hilarious!

Taco John
01-02-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm glad the Chiefs defaulted into the division title. Think how the bolts feel. The Chiefs will be crushed by Baltimore anyway. The chargers needed to win one more game to win and can think about that all year long.

Or the Raiders. They swept the entire division and are sitting home. The Chiefs have 2 wins in the division and didn't have to face Baltimore or the Jets. Got to hand it to them, they beat the crappy teams on their sugar drop schedule. I can't wait to see them get pantsed in the playoffs when they have to finally face the teams that were on our schedule... Or next year when they have to face a first place schedule.

crazyhorse
01-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Or the Raiders. They swept the entire division and are sitting home. The Chiefs have 2 wins in the division and didn't have to face Baltimore or the Jets. Got to hand it to them, they beat the crappy teams on their sugar drop schedule. I can't wait to see them get pantsed in the playoffs when they have to finally face the teams that were on our schedule... Or next year when they have to face a first place schedule.

So you're saying had you not played the Jets and Ravens you wuld have won what....7 more games and won the West?

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that if you would have won against the Jags, Cards, 49ers, Rams and the Chiefs you would have stood a chance. But when you cant beat even the weakest teams on your schedule, you hardly can be taken seriously when talking about other teams and how weak they are after beating the teams you could not.

But the Jets and Ravens are only 2 games. You needed a **** ton more than that to make a statement or win the west.

Taco John
01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
So you're saying had you not played the Jets and Ravens you wuld have won what....7 more games and won the West?

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that if you would have won against the Jags, Cards, 49ers, Rams and the Chiefs you would have stood a chance. But when you cant beat even the weakest teams on your schedule, you hardly can be taken seriously when talking about other teams and how weak they are after beating the teams you could not.

But the Jets and Ravens are only 2 games. You needed a **** ton more than that to make a statement or win the west.

Hey, we're the team that we are. We had the tougher teams on our schedule, and we lost to them. You guys didn't have those guys on your schedule, and you lost to us. It's a good thing you didn't have them on your schedule. The Raiders might be going to the playoffs right now if you had. I'd much rather see you guys in a token post season appearance than the peaking Raiders making a real run. That team would actually be fearsome in the playoffs, and my heart can't take watching the Raiders even hint at scaring teams in the playoffs.

You guys played the teams that were on your schedule, and congrats, you beat them. But let's face it, a team that wins the division and only has two wins from within that division is a pretender. The Raiders don't respect you. The Chargers don't respect you. The Broncos don't respect you. And a good portion of your own fan base doesn't respect this Chiefs team. And the product they put on the field today is just the reason why.

Yes, the grapes are a little sour. This division was up for grabs this year, and we were out of position to take it. You guys weren't even in position to take it (ie. measly two division wins), and did anyways. Good for you.

Congrats, and all the luck in the world - because you'll need it.

Hamrob
01-02-2011, 08:32 PM
That's one of the reasons...I like our chances next year. The chuggers, Queefs and Faders are all weak. Once we get some decent coaching and draft defensively....this team will be at least 5-6 games better next year!

cutthemdown
01-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Jammal Charles is not over rated. Why hate on some player just because he is the enemy? Over rated hell he is close to being the rushing champ with hardly any carries. He's a total stud and a threat to score everytime he touches the ball. I would trade 10 morenos for him.

SlipperyPete
01-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I can't wait to see them get pantsed in the playoffs when they have to finally face the teams that were on our schedule...

We lost three out of four games to the NFC West, which just cemented itself as the worst division in the history of football without a single team finishing over .500.

And you're seriously trying to talk up "our schedule"?

Taco John
01-02-2011, 10:36 PM
We lost three out of four games to the NFC West, which just cemented itself as the worst division in the history of football without a single team finishing over .500.

And you're seriously trying to talk up "our schedule"?

Seriously. We had the Jets and we had the Ravens. Go find those teams on the Chiefs schedule. When you don't find them, take a look at who is there instead.

The Chiefs played the same divisions we played, only they played the easiest teams in those divisions, while we were stuck with the hardest ones.

You don't have to tell me that we had a piss poor team. Somebody already got fired for that. That's not the question here. Even if we would have had the sugar puff schedule that they had, it's unlikely a Josh McDaniels built team would be able to capitalize on it. But that's not the issue at all. The issue is a division champ that won only two division games. You can bow down all you want, but I'm not. Josh McDaniels embarassed those fools. It was his last win as a head coach and it was a big one.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Taco nailed it.

If the Chiefs do what I think they're going to do next week - get dominated by a physically superior Ravens team - they will undeniably prove that they didn't belong in the playoffs.

It was nice to go 10-6 this year but next year our schedule is brutal. We need major upgrades in the offseason to repeat.

Of course, if the Chiefs beat the Ravens, Taco owes the Chiefs some respect...

(and before a bunch of you start bitching that I'm welching, the terms of my bet were until the regular season was over, and it's over, so just stop right there, donks)

enjolras
01-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I posted this elsewhere to the question "how far do the Chiefs go in the playoffs"? It gives you an idea of how incredibly soft their schedule was. It was from a couple of days ago so some details are out of date.

One and done. The Chiefs aren't as good as their record indicates. They've played an incredibly soft schedule. They've played essentially two playoff contenders all year. They won a game against the rapidly sliding Jaguars, and lost to Indianapolis. They've benefited from playing in the AFC west against 3 division opponents that aren't very good at all. Even then they lost to both the Broncos (in a blowout) and the Raiders. They've beaten:
San Diego (8-7)
Cleveland (5-10)
San Francisco (5-10)
Jacksonville (8-7)
Buffalo (4-11)
Arizona (5-10)
Seattle (6-9)
Denver (4-11)
St. Louis (7-8)
Tennessee (6-9)
So the opponents they've beaten have a combined record of 67-82 (with losses to KC removed). They've only beaten two opponents with a winning record (San Diego/Jacksonville) both of which are 1 game over .500. One of those teams (San Diego) split the series with them, with each of them winning at home.
Their losses:
Indianpolis (9-6)
Houston (5-10)
Oakland (7-8)
Denver (4-11)
San Diego (8-7)
The strength of their opponents schedule for their losses is also pretty dismal (28-42). Again they've only been beaten by two teams with a winning record.
So the Chiefs have essentially only won against the lowest tier of the league. Cassel has still struggled when faced with a pressure defense. I don't think they are capable of beating the Jets, even as poorly as they are playing. It's been a magical year for the Chiefs, but it will end quickly in the playoffs. They still have holes, and they're finally going to be playing teams capable of exploiting them.

crazyhorse
01-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey, we're the team that we are. We had the tougher teams on our schedule, and we lost to them. You guys didn't have those guys on your schedule, and you lost to us. It's a good thing you didn't have them on your schedule. The Raiders might be going to the playoffs right now if you had. I'd much rather see you guys in a token post season appearance than the peaking Raiders making a real run. That team would actually be fearsome in the playoffs, and my heart can't take watching the Raiders even hint at scaring teams in the playoffs.

You guys played the teams that were on your schedule, and congrats, you beat them. But let's face it, a team that wins the division and only has two wins from within that division is a pretender. The Raiders don't respect you. The Chargers don't respect you. The Broncos don't respect you. And a good portion of your own fan base doesn't respect this Chiefs team. And the product they put on the field today is just the reason why.

Yes, the grapes are a little sour. This division was up for grabs this year, and we were out of position to take it. You guys weren't even in position to take it (ie. measly two division wins), and did anyways. Good for you.

Congrats, and all the luck in the world - because you'll need it.

The Broncos dont respect us? Who gives a damn. You went 4-12. Thats not a by product of 2 different teams on the shedule. Compared to the Broncos, the 9ers, rams, jags, and cards are tough teams. Do you understand why they are tough? Because you could not beat them. do you respect those team? Yeah...me niether. But they are better than you are. and here's the kicker. The Broncos were a weak team on thier schedule that they beat.

The Chiefs on the other hand were a 6-10 to maybe an 8-8 team who out performed thier expectancy. The Broncos? Probably about the same. 6-10 to 8-8. But played below thier ability. The Chiefs success can in part can be attributed to thier draft this season. While so can the Broncos.

I would have been completely happy with an 8-8 season in this rebuilding season. And perhaps get a playoff game next year. Instead, we are pleasantly surprized by getting a playoff chance this year. Will we win it? I doubt it. But then I didn't expect to be here at all so it's just gravy anyway. A pat on the back for a job well done.

Meanwhile...........the Bronco crapped in thier hand. You should be some where in the same neighborhood as the Chiefs.You are a "rebuilding team". One that got worse this season. One that every hope hinges on a gimmick. A gimmick you reached for in the 1st round with 4, count them, 4 draft picks. Your team was dismantled this season. Your coach was caught cheating, again. Run out of town leaving the Broncos as one of the laughing stocks of the NFL.

Do you respect us? I dont give a damn. Who are you?

Do you really want to continue this conversation?

SoCalBronco
01-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Welcome back, Bob.

BTW...I also think you guys will most likely lose to the Ravens in the first round. That was a VERY BAD draw for the Chiefs.

01-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Welcome back, Bob.

BTW...I also think you guys will most likely lose to the Ravens in the first round. That was a VERY BAD draw for the Chiefs.

I'm scared to death that Haloti Ngata is going to swallow our offensive line whole.

On the other hand, I think we match up very well with their offense. I just don't know if our defense can hold up if the Chiefs' offense is shut down.

I certainly hope Weis is burning the midnight donuts for this one because otherwise it will be his last game in KC.

Also, holy ****, I'm rewatching KC/Oak and Jarvis Moss just got a sack.

ScottXray
01-02-2011, 11:03 PM
KC COULD surprise in the first round , but they won't get through the
second. I really don't think they get by Baltimore but football is a funny game , and Arrowhead in January is not a place where I'd like to have to go, even if the Chiefs may be overmatched.

Schedule is schedule, and for THIS year they get bragging rights and a banner to hang in their stadium. Next year WE will have the last place schedule, and with some good drafting maybe we can do a little better.

Depends on a lot of things that are not in place yet.

But congratulations to the Chiefs and their fans for keeping SD out of the playoffs by taking the West this year. They have waited a while for it, and I can't begrudge them for it.

schaaf
01-02-2011, 11:56 PM
was that Jarvis Moss sack a typo? I seem to remember he had one of those earlier this year

loborugger
01-03-2011, 12:00 AM
was that Jarvis Moss sack a typo? I seem to remember he had one of those earlier this year

He - along with every other Raider's D-lineman - was feasting on Cassel's carcass and chasing Cassel like greased pig at the county fair. KC fan can not have a good feeling about this coming weekend. Their team layed a giant egg today on their home field. B-more has to be just chomping at the bit to get this game started and replicate the Raider's success.

schaaf
01-03-2011, 12:09 AM
it had to have been moss who created Cassel's major ****ting the bed the week before the playoffs. 11/33 with two picks? Bossing

boltaneer
01-03-2011, 01:10 AM
And here I was going to actually root for the Chiefs to knock the Jets out the playoffs and they even screwed that up.

Oh well. Go Ravens.

edog24
01-03-2011, 07:22 AM
I hate the Ravens with a passion. Go Chiefs make us proud.

bronco militia
01-03-2011, 07:26 AM

I figured most broncos fans would not be cheering for the chiefs.

I'm calling for an airstrike

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-160719/cache/11.14.101050.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?128982 2468

Pick Six
01-03-2011, 07:30 AM
I figured most broncos fans would not be cheering for the chiefs.

I'm calling for an airstrike

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-160719/cache/11.14.101050.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?128982 2468

I'll fly...:chefstink

Phantom
01-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Turnover differential = why the Chiefs (an average to poor team) won the division.

Mile High Shack
01-03-2011, 08:02 AM

I can't root for either team, I hate them both, good news is, neither is going to win the superbowl

Kaylore
01-03-2011, 08:23 AM
I can't root for either team, I hate them both, good news is, neither is going to win the superbowl

The Ravens could.

Mile High Shack
01-03-2011, 08:25 AM
The Ravens could.

they could, but I don't think their defense is very good, and for some reason Harbaugh keeps trying to make Joe Flaaco a star and their defense gets tired and worn out by the 4th qtr

the Steelers, Colts and Pats would exploit that greatly

Bronco Rob
01-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Congtats KC! For being the FIRST team in NFL HISTORY to lose SEVEN playoff games in a row!

:welcome:

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Best case scenario: chefs lose to ravens combined with a much harder schedule next season.

cutthemdown
01-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Ravens too mean and strong for KC. I smell defensive domination. I do think CHarles so explosive he still gets 100 total yrds and a TD.

Jetmeck
01-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Jammal Charles is not over rated. Why hate on some player just because he is the enemy? Over rated hell he is close to being the rushing champ with hardly any carries. He's a total stud and a threat to score everytime he touches the ball. I would trade 10 morenos for him.

5 tds.............? overated
Production between the twenties is a negative at least on this board ?? and disappears against quality teams.
Last month he has gotten most of his yardage on one lone run per game. Chiefs jumped too soon, should have waited for him to make a statement next year against quality teams not the junk schedules they played the last two years !

KCStud
01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
KC has a great chance to win this game and here is why.

http://i54.tinypic.com/fuvww4.jpg

Taco John
01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
KC has a great chance to win this game and here is why.

http://i54.tinypic.com/fuvww4.jpg

KFC has a great chance to lose this game and here is why:

It's the KFC Chiefs and it's a playoff game.

01-05-2011, 05:17 PM
KFC has a great chance to lose this game and here is why:

It's the KFC Chiefs and it's a playoff game.

Instead of subscribing to some mythical idea that the Chiefs are cursed, you should talk about the fact THIS Chiefs team has beaten only one team with a winning record all year.

That has more to do with the fact we might lose than any playoff history.

Taco John
01-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Instead of subscribing to some mythical idea that the Chiefs are cursed, you should talk about the fact THIS Chiefs team has beaten only one team with a winning record all year.

That has more to do with the fact we might lose than any playoff history.

Hey you don't have to tell me you guys suck. I watched a two win Josh McDaniels Broncos team get a third win off you guys like they were practicing against Aurora High School.

01-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Last month he has gotten most of his yardage on one lone run per game.

Dude, you are a moron. Charles busted more long runs last year. This year he has been far more consistent. 30 percent of his carries have gone for first downs. Only one other back in the NFL is more consistent at getting first downs and that's Chris Ivory, who had all of 137 carries.

crazyhorse
01-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Hey you don't have to tell me you guys suck. I watched a two win Josh McDaniels Broncos team get a third win off you guys like they were practicing against Aurora High School.

Two weeks later, they were busted for cheating. How many games did you win after that? Just curious.

You were given the opportunity to beat us after that but couldnt do it.

crazyhorse
01-05-2011, 05:41 PM
So this is what fan bases backing losers do during the playoffs?

Awesome.

It adds a whole new dimension to your persona.

crazyhorse
01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
You know whats worse than winning against an easy schedule and getting into the playoffs?

Getting punked by an easy schedule and finishing dead last in your division.

Oh wait, you guys had to play the Jets. That would have made all the difference, right Taco?:spit:

Taco John
01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
You know whats worse than winning against an easy schedule and getting into the playoffs?

Getting punked by an easy schedule and finishing dead last in your division.

Oh wait, you guys had to play the Jets. That would have made all the difference, right Taco?:spit:

You won't get the chance to find out. Baltimore is going to reveal you guys for what you are.

crazyhorse
01-05-2011, 07:14 PM
You won't get the chance to find out. Baltimore is going to reveal you guys for what you are.

Wont get a chance to find out what? We already found out. This just in. The regular season is over. Besides....

Who needs Baltimore?

I know what we are. A slightly better than mediocre football team that benefitted from an easy schedule. One that is not really a playoff caliber football team.

However, most Chiefs fans are also the beneficiary of a team that is on the rise. One with ascending young talent. One that is being built successfully. Then there are a few who expect us to be contenders after a 4-12 season.

I didn't expect a playoff birth this season. Most of us felt like if we achieved an 8-8 record that would be a positive. A step in the right direction. What we didn't expect was for the rest of the division to lay down and quit. The fact that you stand and point your finger saying we will be exposed......well it's comes off stupid. It's like a midget pionting at a man 5 foot 6 and saying you will be exposed for being the short man you are.

We know we are a little short. But we also know we aren't near a short as you are. Short, and looking like a fool for drawing attention to it.

In the end, we will probably lose. We know that. This is just gravy on top of a season that was more than any of us expected. A pleasant surprize. Do I want to win? You're damn right. But I really dont expect it this early in the rebuild. Is that what Baltimore will expose?

I understand your motivation for trying to drag us down. You're hurting. I even feel a little pity for you. I have a lot of friends on this board.

Some people extend thier hand in good sportsmanship like an adult. Then there are others that cant compose themselves and kick and whine and try to find ways to make themselves feel better by directing negative attention toward those they envy. Like a child. I recognize both for what they are. Some of you conduct yourselves like adults that have self control and perspective. Some of you make excuses, point fingers, and come off looking like kids with no self control, or perspective of how they come across. It's a choice we all have. This is your choice. Bummer.

Taco John
01-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Wont get a chance to find out what? We already found out. This just in. The regular season is over. Besides....

Who needs Baltimore?

I know what we are. A slightly better than mediocre football team that benefitted from an easy schedule. One that is not really a playoff caliber football team.

However, most Chiefs fans are also the beneficiary of a team that is on the rise. One with ascending young talent. One that is being built successfully. Then there are a few who expect us to be contenders after a 4-12 season.

I didn't expect a playoff birth this season. Most of us felt like if we achieved an 8-8 record that would be a positive. A step in the right direction. What we didn't expect was for the rest of the division to lay down and quit. The fact that you stand and point your finger saying we will be exposed......well it's comes off stupid. It's like a midget pionting at a man 5 foot 6 and saying you will be exposed for being the short man you are.

We know we are a little short. But we also know we aren't near a short as you are. Short, and looking like a fool for drawing attention to it.

In the end, we will probably lose. We know that. This is just gravy on top of a season that was more than any of us expected. A pleasant surprize. Do I want to win? You're damn right. But I really dont expect it this early in the rebuild. Is that what Baltimore will expose?

I understand your motivation for trying to drag us down. You're hurting. I even feel a little pity for you. I have a lot of friends on this board.

Some people extend thier hand in good sportsmanship like an adult. Then there are others that cant compose themselves and kick and whine and try to find ways to make themselves feel better by directing negative attention toward those they envy. Like a child. I recognize both for what they are. Some of you conduct yourselves like adults that have self control and perspective. Some of you make excuses, point fingers, and come off looking like kids with no self control, or perspective of how they come across. It's a choice we all have. This is your choice. Bummer.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee24/MaxVest/backpedal.jpg

crazyhorse
01-05-2011, 07:26 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee24/MaxVest/backpedal.jpg

Back peddling from what?

crazyhorse
01-05-2011, 07:35 PM
No back peddling here. If you want, post up where I said we were going to win this week. Or where I said we were anything more than I posted in here. You wont be able to. Which is good news. I really dont want to keep smacking you around here. I almost feel like I should conceed the point out of pity for you. Because you dont know when to quit.

Besides, I really dont have a taste for slapping you around. I like you too much. I hope you have a better year next year. I hope the Chiefs are #1 and Broncos #2 in the division. The maybe we can go at it in a game with meaning next year. That would be great. If you guys get the right coach and have a good draft, maybe you can do what the Chiefs did this year. Wouldnt that be the ultimate?

Taco John
01-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Smacking me around? All I heard was a bunch of Mooing and some muffled bluster, agreeing with me that the Chiefs are a joke as an AFC West champ.

crazyhorse
01-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Smacking me around? All I heard was a bunch of Mooing and some muffled bluster, agreeing with me that the Chiefs are a joke as an AFC West champ.

Thanks for helping me with that.

Im still waiting for you to show me where I back peddled. You came up "short" once again.

And yeah...smacking you around. With little effort I might add.

What makes us a "joke" as you call it, is the rest of the division. We cant win your games for you. After all, you are the reason we got here. We beat the teams we were supposed to. You didn't. How that makes us a joke Im not sure. But go with it. If it helps you get through, I have no problem with you using the Chiefs as a crutch.

Better luck next year.

Good night.

Mr
01-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Damn.
The offseason is a cold bitter place. I cant decide if Im sad or scared or neither or both.
I think I'm gonna go stick a ray of sunshine up my ass and contemplate the season.

Taco John
01-05-2011, 10:58 PM
What makes us a "joke" as you call it, is the rest of the division.

Which part. The part where the Chiefs get spanked by the rest of the division, or the part where the rest of the division gets spanked by everybody else? You guys have two division wins! Don't tell me that it's the rest of the division that makes the Chiefs a joke. Ha!

DivineBronco
01-05-2011, 11:35 PM
crazy is even worse than bob..........people felt bad for him when he went through his issues....
Then he comes back on the day of little's induction and starts a thread for "discussion"
about how little shouldn't be in
just an all around needling prick

Jetmeck
01-06-2011, 04:02 AM
Dude, you are a moron. Charles busted more long runs last year. This year he has been far more consistent. 30 percent of his carries have gone for first downs. Only one other back in the NFL is more consistent at getting first downs and that's Chris Ivory, who had all of 137 carries.

Look at the last month you little moron. I watch all your games and he has not been consistent...................5 tds all year........when he plays the better defenses he is bottled up and disappears like Bowe did against Bailey. Next year he wont be factor against quality teams.............

Raider Bill
01-06-2011, 05:20 AM
You're not a real Chiefs fan, unless the other side of that Mustang has a primer gray fender.

Jetmeck
01-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Charles had all of five tds and got two of them against the Titans two weeks ago. Boob if you want to talk at least talk about BOWE who has 15 tds. Charles is an overated scatback..............

Peoples Champ
01-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Charles had all of five tds and got two of them against the Titans two weeks ago. Boob if you want to talk at least talk about BOWE who has 15 tds. Charles is an overated scatback..............

I think charles is pretty good, but I still think the Chiefs are a joke.

crazyhorse
01-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Which part. The part where the Chiefs get spanked by the rest of the division, or the part where the rest of the division gets spanked by everybody else? You guys have two division wins! Don't tell me that it's the rest of the division that makes the Chiefs a joke. Ha!

yes

crazyhorse
01-06-2011, 06:56 AM
crazy is even worse than bob..........people felt bad for him when he went through his issues....
Then he comes back on the day of little's induction and starts a thread for "discussion"
about how little shouldn't be in
just an all around needling prick

Take it easy on the rep war, Devine.:welcome:

Since when do I forfiet the right to defend myself or team? I think you expect a little much. Maybe your not cut out for competition.

For every post you cry about, there are 10 from me that are nice neutral posts. You want a board pet. You're lookin at the wrong dude.

On the little discussion, there were good points made. I actually softened my stance on that a little. I think he might be on the line of being deserving. I think there are other Broncos more deserving. But that discussion is better left for those not so sensative.

Rohirrim
01-06-2011, 06:58 AM
I still think that the Raiders sweeping the division and then sitting home for the playoffs is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in football.

crazyhorse
01-06-2011, 07:00 AM
I still think that the Raiders sweeping the division and then sitting home for the playoffs is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in football.

Isnt it the 1st time in NFL history?

Rohirrim
01-06-2011, 07:27 AM

I don't doubt it.

bronco militia
01-06-2011, 07:33 AM

yes

crazyhorse
01-06-2011, 08:06 AM

You might be able to argue he's not an every down back because of his size. Every back has a few games where a big run bumps his stats. But if you have watched Charles like you say you have, then you should know the guy gets yards in chunks. His TD numbers arent high because Charles gets them close and Jones takes it in. Now Jones on the other hand is over rated. IMO

Tombstone RJ
01-06-2011, 11:07 AM
So this is what fan bases backing losers do during the playoffs?

Awesome.

It adds a whole new dimension to your persona.

We learned everything from you chefs fans, thank you very little...

Bronco Rob
01-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Congtats KC! For being the FIRST team in NFL HISTORY to lose SEVEN playoff games in a row!

Bronco Rob
01-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Congratulations kansas Citys Chiefs for being the first team in NFL history to lose seven playoff games in a row.

24champ
01-09-2011, 12:54 PM
http://threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Sanford_Son_Laughing.gif

cutthemdown
01-09-2011, 01:02 PM

Charles is an incredible player. He must have had 5 tds at least vultured. He would make the big runs and get down to the 5 yrd line and then they give it to Jones.

I'd trade every bronco rb for Charles in a second.

Jetmeck
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Charles is an incredible player. He must have had 5 tds at least vultured. He would make the big runs and get down to the 5 yrd line and then they give it to Jones.

I'd trade every bronco rb for Charles in a second.

That little scatback kept them in the game today, huh ? **** him....give me a pounder that keeps the chains moving consistently..........

Rohirrim
01-09-2011, 01:17 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_xqnPYrQXo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_xqnPYrQXo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bronco Rob
01-10-2011, 04:10 AM
Kudos to Fumbaal Charles & Dwayne "No Show" Bowe they looked like pro bowlers!.

Kaylore
01-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Bowe had an ankle injury, and barely practiced that week. He clearly wasn't right.

Charles had a good game until the Ravens realized he was the only they needed to stop and then the offense imploded.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-10-2011, 06:02 AM
One thing is obvious, Cassel will go into next season as the worst starting QB in the AFC West. Nowhere to go but up, Matt!

fontaine
01-10-2011, 06:12 AM
One thing is obvious, Cassel will go into next season as the worst starting QB in the AFC West. Nowhere to go but up, Matt!

yeah KC have made strides but thanks to Cassell he's going to keep them from getting better.

I can't believe McD almost fugged that up for us also.

baja
01-10-2011, 06:20 AM
yeah KC have made strides but thanks to Cassell he's going to keep them from getting better.

Imagine if we had Cassel and his contract now. We would have no Tebow and maybe we don't get the haul we did for Cutler because we would have been in the position that we had to trade him.

crawdad
01-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Cassel could get an extra 30 added to his QB rating and he would still be a crappy quarterback!

Drek
01-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Charles = Tater Bell 2.0.

Bronco Rob
01-10-2011, 07:02 AM

Except Denver didn't give Bell 5 years $35.2 million dollar contract.

Hilarious!

Raider Bill
01-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Chiefs got bounced like a Super Ball, kinda what i expected.

Drek
01-10-2011, 07:06 AM

McDaniels has made Orton a top 10 statistical QB here. You really think Cassel, who would have been one year advanced in his system, would have played like he does for KC?

Imagine if we had Cassel and his contract now. We would have no Tebow and maybe we don't get the haul we did for Cutler because we would have been in the position that we had to trade him.

I'd assume the only reason McDaniels would have made such a deal is if he was getting a similar haul for Cutler like we did eventually get, only with Cassel instead of Orton.

i.e. imagine if the deal was Cutler to the Browns for #5 overall, their 2010 2nd, and their 2011 2nd along with then problematic Shaun Rogers, only to flip their 2010 2nd for Cassel.

We then could have drafted Raji and still had the #12 pick and already having an NT in Rogers. That would be two of our three DL starters already taken care of, and Raji would be a perfect 3rd down NT to rotate in place of Rogers.

Jetmeck
01-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Bowe had an ankle injury, and barely practiced that week. He clearly wasn't right.

Charles had a good game until the Ravens realized he was the only they needed to stop and then the offense imploded.

According to KC media Bowe has a bug as in the flu but he has disappeared before without any excuses and if you think one long run from Charles and a couple of shorter one is good production then you have the bar set pretty low.

Cassel, Bowe and Charles are there so called marquee players and they didnt show up.

baja
01-10-2011, 07:16 AM
McDaniels has made Orton a top 10 statistical QB here. You really think Cassel, who would have been one year advanced in his system, would have played like he does for KC?

I'd assume the only reason McDaniels would have made such a deal is if he was getting a similar haul for Cutler like we did eventually get, only with Cassel instead of Orton.

i.e. imagine if the deal was Cutler to the Browns for #5 overall, their 2010 2nd, and their 2011 2nd along with then problematic Shaun Rogers, only to flip their 2010 2nd for Cassel.

We then could have drafted Raji and still had the #12 pick and already having an NT in Rogers. That would be two of our three DL starters already taken care of, and Raji would be a perfect 3rd down NT to rotate in place of Rogers.

At the end of the day I'm glad we got Tebow and Elway calling the shots for a slipping Bowlen.

Without checks and balances McD was destined to fail.

Smiling Assassin27
01-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Cassel was exposed as nothing more than a complementary player who is just another guy without a running attack. Granted, most qb's are diminished when their offense is forced into being one dimensional, but Cassel imploded in true Chiefs' fashion--spectacularly. Brody Croyle could've done no worse when called upon and so let's put to rest the 'Matt Cassel is a pro bowl caliber player' talk. Dude is a system qb who didn't play meaningful games since high school for a reason.

Splendid show, Chiefs.

On the positive side, Tamba Hali is becoming a stud.

Chris
01-10-2011, 07:59 AM
If the Chiefs are smart they draft a QB this year.

I'll quit giving them ideas.

Mile High Shack
01-10-2011, 08:04 AM
It was worse than I thought it was going to be, I thought the KC defense would hold them to mid 20's lol

Chiefs they are what we thought they were
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cDAq5tyfk9E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cDAq5tyfk9E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Peoples Champ
01-10-2011, 08:06 AM
i like how after the chiefs lose, you dont see any of the fans on here, i knew if the crappy broncos can beat them buy 30 pts, then the ravens would also destroy them.

Drek
01-10-2011, 08:14 AM
At the end of the day I'm glad we got Tebow and Elway calling the shots for a slipping Bowlen.

Without checks and balances McD was destined to fail.

Me too. Assuming Elway makes the right moves and distances himself from the minutia of team construction he is a perfect fit to replace Bowlen as the defacto "ownership" face.

And I'm a huge Tebow fan. Have been for a long time. Guys like Cassel, Orton, and Cutler can put up numbers for you in the right systems but don't have the ability to flip the switch and take their game to the next level when it matters most. That is what defined Tebow's collegiate career and his first three pro starts.

I'm happy with where we are now, but you can't judge McDaniels' moves with 20/20 hindsight now because we don't know the associated moves he wanted to make.

Jetmeck
01-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Cassel was exposed as nothing more than a complementary player who is just another guy without a running attack. Granted, most qb's are diminished when their offense is forced into being one dimensional, but Cassel imploded in true Chiefs' fashion--spectacularly. Brody Croyle could've done no worse when called upon and so let's put to rest the 'Matt Cassel is a pro bowl caliber player' talk. Dude is a system qb who didn't play meaningful games since high school for a reason.

Splendid show, Chiefs.

Michael Ohre or however you pronounce it was walking on bad ankles. Could hardly walk last week so Hali being a stud is highly questionable..........

TonyR
01-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Report: Haley stripped play-calling duties from Weis

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/report-haley-stripped-play-calling-duties-from-weis/

01-10-2011, 11:36 AM
After that game in Denver I called the Chiefs frauds and they didn't disappoint.

Next season worries me. Pioli hasn't brought in a legit WR or pass rusher in two years. We need both to compete against what will be a brutal schedule.

Taco nailed it...

01-10-2011, 11:41 AM

This is just silly. The Broncos have Tebow, who is nothing right now, and the Raiders...will Campbell even be the starter?

Cassel had a lousy playoff game but a good year. Made a lot of good throws without much talent around him.

Very clearly, the division stacks up like this:

Rivers
Cassel
Whatever bum starts for Oakland
Tebow

01-10-2011, 11:45 AM

This is the silliest thing I've read in this thread.

Charles had 1935 yards from scrimmage this year.

baja
01-10-2011, 11:46 AM
this is just silly. The broncos have tebow, who is nothing right now, and the raiders...will campbell even be the starter?

Cassel had a lousy playoff game but a good year. Made a lot of good throws without much talent around him.

Rivers
cassel
whatever bum starts for oakland
tebow

whanta bet

Jetmeck
01-10-2011, 01:30 PM
This is the silliest thing I've read in this thread.

Charles had 1935 yards from scrimmage this year.

and 3 TDs going into week 14...............wow

cutthemdown
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Trying to say Charles is no good because of his td numbers is silly. The player is a stud. It was more Chiefs giving ball to Thomas Jones at the goaline that did that.

Charles a threat to score every time he touches the ball. I wish we had him in Denver.

cutthemdown
01-10-2011, 02:10 PM

Please? You are only saying that to argue with bobo right? You can't be that stupid.

Jetmeck
01-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Trying to say Charles is no good because of his td numbers is silly. The player is a stud. It was more Chiefs giving ball to Thomas Jones at the goaline that did that.

Charles a threat to score every time he touches the ball. I wish we had him in Denver.

Really, if he is such a stud then why they giving the ball to Jones ? You do realize CJ has about three times as many TDs as Charles ? He doesn't seem to need help punching it in.

Overated, overpaid and I highly doubt will last long.

Jetmeck
01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Please? You are only saying that to argue with bobo right? You can't be that stupid.

This comes from the guy that says DJ isnt having a good year, you realize how many tackles the guy has, believe he led the team or damn close to it.

gyldenlove
01-10-2011, 02:46 PM

Splendid show, Chiefs.

Hali who is a free agent to be and will want a contract as big as what Dumervil has or more.

cutthemdown
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
This comes from the guy that says DJ isnt having a good year, you realize how many tackles the guy has, believe he led the team or damn close to it.

Tackle numbers matter in fantasy football thats about it. Fact is Denvers defense has had tons of plays ran against it because they can't get offenses off the field.

DJ gets washed out of plays having to play inside. Once a blocker blocks him he is done for that play. He rarely makes big plays even though plays are ran at him all day. He is good in coverage I will give you that. But a great tackler or run defender? Please do you even watch football?

DJ needs badly to be moved to the weakside in a 4-3. If we get any real defensive mind at coach you watch it will happen. DJ will either be played on the weakside in a 4-3, or if Broncos stick to a 3-4 I bet he will be cut or traded. Probably cut since no team will take a chance on a guy who gets DUI's all the time.

Go ahead though and keep bashing Charles because he plays for the Chiefs. He's a special back with speed, vision, and moves. I bet he scores 10 plus tds next yr.

cutthemdown
01-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Really, if he is such a stud then why they giving the ball to Jones ? You do realize CJ has about three times as many TDs as Charles ? He doesn't seem to need help punching it in.

Overated, overpaid and I highly doubt will last long.

Haley obviously thought like this.

a- we gave thomas jones a pretty big deal and he's a strong runner
b- Charles will be fresher, and stay healthier if we save him by running Jones
c- Haley could just be an idiot not realizing Charles is his best chance to score lots of points.

We will see Charles going on his 3rd yr. His YPC is insane as is his pass recieving ability. Have you watched how effortlessly he catches the ball? very Marshall Faulk like in that regard.

Kaylore argues the same thing as you. Meanwhile the kid had almost 2000 yrds this yr. You watch Charles will have some really huge yrs in the NFL. How long will he last? Who knows rbs come and go fast in the NFL. Still though your using his tds to say he isn't a special player is short sighted.

CEH
01-10-2011, 03:38 PM

c- Haley could just be an idiot not realizing Charles is his best chance to score lots of points.

We will see Charles going on his 3rd yr. His YPC is insane as is his pass recieving ability. Have you watched how effortlessly he catches the ball? very Marshall Faulk like in that regard.

Kaylore argues the same thing as you. Meanwhile the kid had almost 2000 yrds this yr. You watch Charles will have some really huge yrs in the NFL. How long will he last? Who knows rbs come and go fast in the NFL. Still though your using his tds to say he isn't a special player is short sighted.

He also did something only 3 other players (all Hall of Famers Jim Brown, Barry Saunders, and some one other) have done average over 6 yards per carry all season long missing the record of Brown by .72 inches per carry

I would love to have Charles on the Broncos

cutthemdown
01-10-2011, 03:53 PM
He also did something only 3 other players (all Hall of Famers Jim Brown, Barry Saunders, and some one other) have done average over 6 yards per carry all season long missing the record of Brown by .72 inches per carry

He really is amazing when he hits the open field. Just so fast he makes other fast players look slow. I wonder who is faster between him and Chris Johnson. Whatever other Bronco fans around here like to go homer on the Broncos and hater on players like Charles. They will scour the stats trying to find something they can hang there hat on then drive the point home.

Meanwhile they build up avg Bronco players by doing the same thing. Looking at the stat line and trying to find something they can hang there hat on. Like DJ and all his worthless tackle numbers he throws up each yr.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-10-2011, 04:05 PM
This is just silly. The Broncos have Tebow, who is nothing right now, and the Raiders...will Campbell even be the starter?

Rivers
Cassel
Tebow

Son, son, son. Don't get all snippy because the truth hurts. Cassel sucks balls. HUGE, sweaty, pulsating balls. Very clearly, the division stacks up like this:

Rivers
Tebow
Ted Williams, famed homeless guy
Whomever Oakland trots out there
Me
Cassel

http://www.gymidiots.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/umad.jpg

Tombstone RJ
01-10-2011, 04:15 PM

Rivers
Cassel
Tebow

Rivers
Tebow (clearly showing promis)
Orton
Gradkowski (if he stays healthy)
Quinn
Cassel

loborugger
01-10-2011, 06:27 PM

Rivers
Orton
Quinn
Cassel

Rivers
Orton
Quinn
Cassel
Me
Lamar Hunt's corpse
Breakie Croyle

DivineBronco
01-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Rivers
Orton
Quinn
Cassel
Me
Lamar Hunt's corpse
Breakie Croyle

we can add cam newton to that list........you know al davis will give the next seven drafts to draft in lets call him questionable choice guy with physical skills

crazyhorse
01-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Wow.....you guy still feeding each other sour grapes to self medicate over your season. Those grapes seem to be turning to hooch.

Dont worry. It will surely get better. You are right about one thing. The AFC West is a joke. The Broncos are this years punchline. No amount of convincing yourselves Charles sucks will change that. All that will accomplish is make you look dumb. Bitter and jealous is one thing. But dumb is a choice.

There is one positive that can be taken from your season however. You guys will get a top 4 pick at least. Maybe second over all.

What will you do with it? Does anyone know what pick you get?

Chin up Bronco fans. You get to start over from scratch. Start rebuilding from the ground up. The sky is the limit.

I for one would like to see a better Broncos team. I like it much better when we are fighting for the West. Not one team just laying down.

crazyhorse
01-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Rivers
Orton
Quinn
Cassel
Me
Lamar Hunt's corpse
Breakie Croyle

Tebow?

Dayyyuuum. Hahahahahahahaha.

chawknz
01-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Tebow?

Dayyyuuum. Hahahahahahahaha.

Cassel should be released for embarrassing the organization like he did.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Wow.....you guy still feeding each other sour grapes to self medicate over your season. Those grapes seem to be turning to hooch.

Dont worry. It will surely get better. You are right about one thing. The AFC West is a joke. The Broncos are this years punchline. No amount of convincing yourselves Charles sucks will change that. All that will accomplish is make you look dumb. Bitter and jealous is one thing. But dumb is a choice.

There is one positive that can be taken from your season however. You guys will get a top 4 pick at least. Maybe second over all.

Chin up Bronco fans. You get to start over from scratch. Start rebuilding from the ground up. The sky is the limit.

I for one would like to see a better Broncos team. I like it much better when we are fighting for the West. Not one team just laying down.

lol Chiefs
lol Haley not knowing how to use Charles
lol fat offensive coordinator bailing for college game
lol stripped of calling plays at the half
lol white trash fans
lol meth
lol Dwayne Bowe's baby pony teeth
lol playoff shamefest

Karenin
01-11-2011, 04:33 AM

I saw one team just laying down on Sunday alright.

Kaylore
01-11-2011, 05:28 AM

We actually have the second overall pick. There is nothing "to be decided" on that matter.

CEH
01-11-2011, 07:34 AM
I saw one team just laying down on Sunday alright.

Ray Lewis was laughing at KC saying how physical we (KC) would be. He said we are physical for 4 qtrs and not just for the first half

Kicked their ass after half time

Jetmeck
01-11-2011, 07:48 AM

Just say this, yards between the 20s mean nothing. Just ask anyone on this board. He gets stuffed more often than not. The last month go check how many long runs the guy has. One a game. You
can have him. We need consistency. This guy gets stuffed more times than not and next year his totals will go down. Better quality teams/defenses will stack the line and he will dissapear as he did at San Diego.

As far as DJ you are bias and you know why...........led the team in tackles but had a bad year..........that is just plain stupid. Guess we should just cut him ?

crazyhorse
01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
lol Chiefs
lol Haley not knowing how to use Charles
lol fat offensive coordinator bailing for college game
lol stripped of calling plays at the half
lol white trash fans
lol meth
lol Dwayne Bowe's baby pony teeth
lol playoff shamefest

Looking up at us has to be tougher than I thought then.

I suspect next year will go better for you guys. Good luck.

crazyhorse
01-11-2011, 12:17 PM
We actually have the second overall pick. There is nothing "to be decided" on that matter.

What do you think the Broncos will do with that pick? What would you like to do with it?

BTW, good to see ya.

Jetmeck
01-11-2011, 12:23 PM

Next year we won't have a coach who deals away talent or can't get along with anyone or can't see we need talent on d. With all that we took the Chefs down at home and with Tebow we would have taken the Chiefs down at Arrowhead. So I seriously doubt we'll be looking up at you next season.

You seem to have seen the Ravens coming ..... one would assume nearly losing to the Bills ?.... Raiders , Broncos and Chargers all pummelling your team should have opened some eyes.
Chiefs took a few baby steps this year but a tough schedule next season and a better Broncos and Faiders team may be your undoing.

Jetmeck
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
What do you think the Broncos will do with that pick? What would you like to do with it?

BTW, good to see ya.

That #2 better be a stud DL or CB..............

Pendejo
01-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Quick little blurb from yahoo about Haley calling plays next year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgR40FzKhZvRLQEi9sIjI9o5nYcB?slug=ap-chiefs-haley

crazyhorse
01-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Next year we won't have a coach who deals away talent or can't get along with anyone or can't see we need talent on d. With all that we took the Chefs down at home and with Tebow we would have taken the Chiefs down at Arrowhead. So I seriously doubt we'll be looking up at you next season.

You seem to have seen the Ravens coming ..... one would assume nearly losing to the Bills ?.... Raiders , Broncos and Chargers all pummelling your team should have opened some eyes.
Chiefs took a few baby steps this year but a tough schedule next season and a better Broncos and Faiders team may be your undoing.

My eyes are always open. That and I have been a "true to life" football fan for over 35 years. I dont miss very often. Even where my team is concerned.

I can tell you without a doubt, the steps the Chiefs took this season were not baby steps. They were very bad last year. They are mediocre this season. Maybe a step or two better than mediocre. Some of the biggest contributors were rookies. Meaning there is no reason not to expect better next year. They are a work in progress. Thats why all the playoff loss rhetoric doesn't bother me. I new they weren't contenders because I am reasonable. I dont make unreasonable prediction either.

crazyhorse
01-11-2011, 01:06 PM
That #2 better be a stud DL or CB..............

What/who secifically would you like?

Kaylore
01-11-2011, 01:18 PM

BTW, good to see ya.

They will likely go BPA or will trade back. Trading back is actually a viable option since the new CBA is 95% likely to go to locked-in rookie contracts that scale more appropriately with the market and will probably become restricted free agents after four years as consolation to the players. Similar to baseball and Basketball. This would eliminate the financial burden of taking a player at number 2 overall and makes trading up and down more realistic.

Who would I pick? Definitely defense and preferably some help along the front seven. I always wait until after the combine and interviews because stuff starts to leak out about a guy an their numbers put their abilities in perspective. I also think it depends on the coach we hire and what type of defense he wants to run.

And good to see you too. :)

JJJ
01-11-2011, 02:01 PM

This. You sniff JB's yards per carry record and you got game. Give the guy credit where it is due.

He has a funny shape for a running back but somehow it seems to work. He seems like he would break a lot but has been surprisingly durable.

Odysseus
01-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Cudos to you and Thanks for Requiem!

It's sad that the AFCW is such a dumpster division this season. We were at the bottom of that pile? Ouch!

I saw an interview with Ray Lewis. I have to say he impressed me.

Tombstone RJ
01-11-2011, 02:11 PM
My eyes are always open. That and I have been a "true to life" football fan for over 35 years. I dont miss very often. Even where my team is concerned.

I can tell you without a doubt, the steps the Chiefs took this season were not baby steps. They were very bad last year. They are mediocre this season. Maybe a step or two better than mediocre. Some of the biggest contributors were rookies. Meaning there is no reason not to expect better next year. They are a work in progress. Thats why all the playoff loss rhetoric doesn't bother me. I new they weren't contenders because I am reasonable. I dont make unreasonable prediction either.

That's the same logic I used on the Broncos before the implosion. ^5

400HZ
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
What/who secifically would you like?

How are you guys feeling about Haley these days with everyone in the media ripping on him? Weiss did a great job turning KC's offense into at least a respectable unit.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-11-2011, 04:11 PM

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/3885354/LOL-WUT.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Philosoraptor
'

crazyhorse
01-11-2011, 07:19 PM
How are you guys feeling about Haley these days with everyone in the media ripping on him? Weiss did a great job turning KC's offense into at least a respectable unit.

I cant speak for everyone else.

The media was saying he was a loose cannon in Az with his WRs. Said they all hated him. Only to find out they loved and respected him. Especially Fitz. I am of the opinion we won in spite of Wiess. He's always to cutsie with the play calling. He breeds a lack of confidence throughout the team. His use of T.Jones could have lost more games than we did. Jonnes had more carries than Charles and was our starting RB. Even after the halfway point of the season, he was still getting more carries with a 2 yard per carry avg. game after game.

Im in Haleys corner at this pioint. But I am concerned with his ability to get along with others. But I also can see why he had a problem with Wiess. And leaking that he was leaving just before the playoffs was unforgivable. I for one will be happy to see him go.

Tombstone RJ
01-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I cant speak for everyone else.

The media was saying he was a loose cannon in Az with his WRs. Said they all hated him. Only to find out they loved and respected him. Especially Fitz. I am of the opinion we won in spite of Wiess. He's always to cutsie with the play calling. He breeds a lack of confidence throughout the team. His use of T.Jones could have lost more games than we did. Jonnes had more carries than Charles and was our starting RB. Even after the halfway point of the season, he was still getting more carries with a 2 yard per carry avg. game after game.

Im in Haleys corner at this pioint. But I am concerned with his ability to get along with others. But I also can see why he had a problem with Wiess. And leaking that he was leaving just before the playoffs was unforgivable. I for one will be happy to see him go.

Charles is all great until he fumbles. Maybe Weiss knew that using him too much could create bad situations. One, his health, two his ability to hold onto the ball. Maybe, just maybe Weiss knew what he was doing?

crazyhorse
01-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Charles is all great until he fumbles. Maybe Weiss knew that using him too much could create bad situations. One, his health, two his ability to hold onto the ball. Maybe, just maybe Weiss knew what he was doing?

I gave Wiess the benefit of the doubt. But then he kept starting a back getting 2 yards a pop. Charles is not a "fumbler". Charles is the best back on our team. Are you saying thats not the case? Would you start Jones over Charles?

There is zero chance Wiess was onto something.

Charles fumbled 3 times in 2010 and lost 2
Jones fumbled 3 times and lost 1

cutthemdown
01-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Charles is a great running back. Only in his 2nd yr, with hardly any touches, and already putting up insane yardage numbers. He catches the ball well and has speed to burn. He has good moves and gets upfield before he starts making moves.

The only reason Bronco fans hating on him is because they have lost their minds.

I argued with Kaylore earlier this yr over Charles. He's another one of the hes not an every down player. I bet as soon as next yr Charles proves people wrong. This kid will probably hit 2000 all purpose yards next yr.

cutthemdown
01-11-2011, 10:51 PM
They will likely go BPA or will trade back. Trading back is actually a viable option since the new CBA is 95% likely to go to locked-in rookie contracts that scale more appropriately with the market and will probably become restricted free agents after four years as consolation to the players. Similar to baseball and Basketball. This would eliminate the financial burden of taking a player at number 2 overall and makes trading up and down more realistic.

Who would I pick? Definitely defense and preferably some help along the front seven. I always wait until after the combine and interviews because stuff starts to leak out about a guy an their numbers put their abilities in perspective. I also think it depends on the coach we hire and what type of defense he wants to run.

And good to see you too. :)

Combine won't change much for the top guys in the draft. Most of them will probably skip certain things and just do it at there pro days.

crazyhorse
01-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Charles is a great running back. Only in his 2nd yr, with hardly any touches, and already putting up insane yardage numbers. He catches the ball well and has speed to burn. He has good moves and gets upfield before he starts making moves.

The only reason Bronco fans hating on him is because they have lost their minds.

I argued with Kaylore earlier this yr over Charles. He's another one of the hes not an every down player. I bet as soon as next yr Charles proves people wrong. This kid will probably hit 2000 all purpose yards next yr.

He was an every down back last season. For 7 or 8 games. Maybe he isnt an every down back. How do you prove it? Give him the ball. Because so far he has shown he is an every down back.

Besides, being an every down back is one thing. Not being the starter is something totally different.

Kaylore
01-12-2011, 06:29 AM
Combine won't change much for the top guys in the draft. Most of them will probably skip certain things and just do it at there pro days.
It swings both ways. Certainly many of the top talent, usually the speed positions, will sit out. But most actually do run and those numbers can elevate other players into the top ten. Patrick Willis was considered a high teens/low 20's pick and then put up amazing numbers in the combine and had a solid senior bowl performance and pushed him as the top linebacker. Vernon Davis is another. Then there's the linemen who come in with manboobs and you start to learn they had motivational issues.

No, I disagree. A lot is learned leading up to and during the combine. Also, you can probably expect a bit less manipulation from the agents as again, the rookie salaries will be slotted.

crazyhorse
01-12-2011, 08:34 AM
It swings both ways. Certainly many of the top talent, usually the speed positions, will sit out. But most actually do run and those numbers can elevate other players into the top ten. Patrick Willis was considered a high teens/low 20's pick and then put up amazing numbers in the combine and had a solid senior bowl performance and pushed him as the top linebacker. Vernon Davis is another. Then there's the linemen who come in with manboobs and you start to learn they had motivational issues.

No, I disagree. A lot is learned leading up to and during the combine. Also, you can probably expect a bit less manipulation from the agents as again, the rookie salaries will be slotted.

Its been my opinion for quite some time that the combine is notorious for raising the draft status for players that often flop in the NFL. It seems like the players that are college standouts will go to the combine and if thier numbers arent in the upper tier, they drop in the draft. Only to go on and have good carreers in the NFL. I believe that if you are a good football player, you are a good football player. That dont mean they will transfer that success to the NFL, but some guys get lost.

Then others, will have a mediocre or slightly better college carreer but put up great numbers that raise thier draft status. They are still the same guy that played football in college. I know you cant teach speed, but......

Maybe I shouldn't blame the combine as much as I should blame the 40 yard dash. Guys have literally made/lost millions in the 40 yard dash. When they were just as fast in college as they were in Indy.

I do agree that it gives teams an opportunity to put a hand on a player and an eye on a player to see what they are getting. In that sense its a positive. As for motivational problems? That isnt something that pops up over night. If they had them in school they are likely to have them in the NFL.

The tough part in finding a good player is this, you want to find someone that has a bottomless supply of confidence, but also humble and respectful. Has great natural talent, but wants to work harder than anyone else. Its so tough to find the balance between the two. It seldom happens.

Guys, it's like finding a beautiful girl that doesn't know she beautiful. They are tough to come by. Generally, but not always, a beautiful woman on the outside is kinda arrogant on the inside while the opposite is true for the less than beautiful women.

I better shut up before I get myself in trouble.