PDA

View Full Version : Mort: McDaniels on 49ers short-list for HC

montrose
01-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Just reported on Sunday NFL Countdown.

tsiguy96
01-02-2011, 08:37 AM
good for him, id be really interested to see what he can do with a full power structure in place and a fresh start

OrangeSe7en
01-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Just reported on Sunday NFL Countdown.

Was that his own speculation or was that from credible sources?

frerottenextelway
01-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Poor 49ers. From the glory days of Bill Walsh to going after this clown, what a fall.

baja
01-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Where are all those vocal Orange Mane posters that said Josh would be lucky to be an OC in a few years from now.

Josh will be a HC soon maybe even this year.

baja
01-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Poor 49ers. From the glory days of Bill Walsh to going after this clown, what a fall.

There are many NFL experts that think Josh is a talent and got a raw deal in Denver (set up to fail by drooling owner)

frerottenextelway
01-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Go 9ers go?

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2011, 08:45 AM
There are many NFL experts that think Josh is a talent and got a raw deal in Denver (set up to fail by drooling owner)

The oy place this story comes from is his agent. No one from the 9ers has expressed any interest.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Wonder if he'd be interested in a Denver QB if he's hired?

chawknz
01-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Hope he does a great job there. They need a QB. Who's betting that Orton goes there?

TheReverend
01-02-2011, 08:47 AM
l

o

l

Bigdawg26
01-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Oood now he trade away Willis, Vernon Davis, and Frank Gore for Orton and a couple of sapps for the pats.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Oood now he trade away Willis, Vernon Davis, and Frank Gore for Orton and a couple of sapps for the pats.

No, see, by all accounts those guys all work hard in practice and minimize mistakes on gameday. They're useful tools, not just tools.

gunns
01-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Just Willis would make my year.

CEH
01-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Wasn't it Mort that reported Shanny to KC?

This was before Shefter migrated over to ESPN and debunked that rumor

Just sayin

TheReverend
01-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Just Willis would make my year.

Willis for offensive studs Kyle Orton and Maroney? ^5

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Wasn't it Mort that reported Shanny to KC?

This was before Shefter migrated over to ESPN and debunked that rumor

Just sayin

This was my first thought. I don't trust a damn thing that comes out of his mouth. I think he was a good reporter until Schefter came along and completely out worked him. Now he has to make things up to keep up.

frerottenextelway
01-02-2011, 08:58 AM
I don't think McDaniels wants anything to do with Orton at this point.

Frisian
01-02-2011, 09:00 AM
He probably has an inside track because of Spygate II

baja
01-02-2011, 09:04 AM

I agree, McD was building Orton up to trade for a high pick that is why he was not starting Tebow, he knew what he had in Tebow and wanted to show case Orton for the trade. Sure wish we had given McD another year we will never know what he would have accomplished here because he was not given enough time to implement his full plan.

elsid13
01-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Fox's Glazer was just on and McDaniels wasn't on the list of candidates that he said the 49er's were looking at.

theAPAOps5
01-02-2011, 09:12 AM

I didn't know you knew Peter King! Just messing with you!

go_broncos
01-02-2011, 09:13 AM
So..that clown might go to SF..
I am disappointed..I thought he will be OC for Chiefs.
Hopefully, he will trade their play makers for Maroney.

Dudeskey

He certainly wouldn't want anything to to w/ either of the Smiths. SF would be a logical destination for Orton if McD was hired there.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Fox's Glazer was just on and McDaniels wasn't on the list of candidates that he said the 49er's were looking at.

And there it is. Mort's second "The Deal Is Done!" moment.

Of course, Athan and Fatass Bob made that whole scenario just awesome.

frerottenextelway
01-02-2011, 09:18 AM
He certainly wouldn't want anything to to w/ either of the Smiths. SF would be a logical destination for Orton if McD was hired there.

Wasn't there a report that McDaniels was trying to trade Orton?

I think wherever McD goes is one place Orton won't show up.

HAT
01-02-2011, 09:19 AM
I agree, McD was building Orton up to trade for a high pick that is why he was not starting Tebow, he knew what he had in Tebow and wanted to show case Orton for the trade. Sure wish we had given McD another year we will never know what he would have accomplished here because he was not given enough time to implement his full plan.

Bingo. Been saying that since last summer.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Correction: McD is on the too short for HC list.

elsid13
01-02-2011, 09:20 AM
And there it is. Mort's second "The Deal Is Done!" moment.

Of course, Athan and Fatass Bob made that whole scenario just awesome.

That true, but other little nugget is that Front Office and the players are looking for coach that wasn't such prick on the sidelines. Seem Singatary in your face, poor interpersonal skills put the team off.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Willis for offensive studs Kyle Orton and Maroney? ^5

You would have to really sweeten that deal... like throwing in both Quinns.

elsid13
01-02-2011, 09:30 AM
You would have to really sweeten that deal... like throwing in both Quinns.

Brady in San Fran? It would bring whole different segment to the games.

bowtown
01-02-2011, 09:37 AM

Irish?

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2011, 09:41 AM

It has fabulous potential.

footstepsfrom#27
01-02-2011, 09:42 AM
How sad is the fall from glory for this franchise? It exceeds the collapse of the Cowboys under Jones/post Johnson.

zdoor
01-02-2011, 09:43 AM

Can you imagine what they can do with jersey sales?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-02-2011, 09:44 AM
How sad is the fall from glory for this franchise? It exceeds the collapse of the Cowboys under Jones/post Johnson.

Well, that happened over the course of 5 years, and our fall has taken place over 10... The core of this team has been rotten for years.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-02-2011, 09:45 AM

They can finally take the step everyone but them thinks they should take and change their colors to the Rainbow.

bowtown
01-02-2011, 09:46 AM

http://www.jerseystock.com/images/jerseys/nfl/cleveland-browns/women%27s-brady-quinn-pink-jersey-1618.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2011, 09:49 AM

A double rainbow. Maybe even a triple rainbow. Wrap your head around that, if you can.

baja
01-02-2011, 09:52 AM
I didn't know you knew Peter King! Just messing with you!

The NFL Today just gave the reason for Josh's in season firing as having to do with SpyGate II. My fondness for Josh McDaniels comes with a caveat. If he was involved in the video taping in London than I understand his firing but he was cleared by the league of any wrong doing.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 09:53 AM
**** that idiot McD.............WHAT CAN HE HURT SF, they already suck ass ?
Considering what he did to our team why would anyone offer him a HC position ?

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 09:56 AM
If it happens trade him all our trash that he coveted so much. Any of you stupid enough to STILL support his ass should just go ahead and change teams............

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-02-2011, 09:57 AM
**** that idiot McD.............WHAT CAN HE HURT SF, they already suck ass ?
Considering what he did to our team why would anyone offer him a HC position ?

Because experts who cover this game for a living roundly agree that he's going to be an excellent head coach in this league? Maybe?

What they should do is poll the Mane though. I'm sure the opinion of Jetmeck will be roundly accepted as gospel fact.

Hilarious!

baja

Could reach a huge (in SF anyway) untaped (no reverse pun intended) market.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
If it happens trade him all our trash that he coveted so much. Any of you stupid enough to STILL support his ass should just go ahead and change teams............

Wow, AND a fan police sighting! Big morning for you.

Gutless Drunk
01-02-2011, 09:59 AM
The NFL Today just gave the reason for Josh's in season firing as having to do with SpyGate II. My fondness for Josh McDaniels comes with a caveat. If he was involved in the video taping in London than I understand his firing but he was cleared by the league of any wrong doing.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to this story. The timing of McDaniels firing made no sense. As opposed to Dallas & Minnesota where they had "coach in waiting" type guys they wanted to audition, we barely could come up with a interim coach. Seems to me Bowlen wanted McD out of the building...something pissed him off.

Rohirrim
01-02-2011, 10:04 AM
McD sure was an idiot for trying to go after Cassell.

footstepsfrom#27
01-02-2011, 10:10 AM
That true, but other little nugget is that Front Office and the players are looking for coach that wasn't such prick on the sidelines. Seem Singatary in your face, poor interpersonal skills put the team off.
Well Josh certainly fits the bill then. LOL

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkzALAmawfY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkzALAmawfY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

baja
01-02-2011, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to this story. The timing of McDaniels firing made no sense. As opposed to Dallas & Minnesota where they had "coach in waiting" type guys they wanted to audition, we barely could come up with a interim coach.<b> Seems to me Bowlen wanted McD out of the building...something pissed him off.

Ya that's what I keep thinking nothing else makes sense.

I sure would be disappointed in Josh if he had knowledge of the taping, it goes against everything he preaches that he stands for.

bowtown
01-02-2011, 10:17 AM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBSxo6RQiZA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBSxo6RQiZA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hamrob
01-02-2011, 10:18 AM
I agree, McD was building Orton up to trade for a high pick that is why he was not starting Tebow, he knew what he had in Tebow and wanted to show case Orton for the trade. Sure wish we had given McD another year we will never know what he would have accomplished here because he was not given enough time to implement his full plan.Baja...your beloved McD will be the offensive coordinator in K.C. next year. The 49er's have absolutely zero interest in him as HC...maybe offensive coordinator...but, not HC.

And to say that he wasn't playing Tebow, so that he could run up Orton's trade value is absolutely assinine. If that were the case, he should have benched him before the K.C. game...so, he wouldn't have been found out to be the total bum that he is!

The best thing that could have happened to the Denver Broncos, is for McD to get his can kicked out of town.

This offseason will be exciting. We will bring Elway back, allow Xanders to actually do his job, and hire a coach that will bring back the Broncos vonted running game. We will have a good draft and win more than 5 games next year! Something that would never have happend under poopy pants!!!

Hamrob
01-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Well, that happened over the course of 5 years, and our fall has taken place over 10... The core of this team has been rotten for years.Yeah, that's why we played an AFC Championsip game at home in 2005. Wipe the McD spooge from your lips!!!

Dagmar
01-02-2011, 10:26 AM
baja is going to move his affiliation just over the water?

mwill07
01-02-2011, 10:36 AM
IMO, one issue w/ McD is that he's ojny ever worked in the Belichick system. He has never seen how other NFL head coaches run their ship.

Now that he has had some experience as a head coach and failed, he really needs to work under someone else to discover different ways of conducting himself and running a team. Going back to being a head coach without growing first will doom him to the same failures he had in Denver. Going back to NE would be just as bad.

This, I think, is a good reason that Shanahan didn't come to Denver after he was fired by the raiders...his time spent in SF allowed him new perspective after working for both Reeves and Seifert, as well as previously running his own team.

baja
01-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Baja...your beloved McD will be the offensive coordinator in K.C. next year. The 49er's have absolutely zero interest in him as HC...maybe offensive coordinator...but, not HC.

And to say that he wasn't playing Tebow, so that he could run up Orton's trade value is absolutely assinine. If that were the case, he should have benched him before the K.C. game...so, he wouldn't have been found out to be the total bum that he is!

The best thing that could have happened to the Denver Broncos, is for McD to get his can kicked out of town.

This offseason will be exciting. We will bring Elway back, allow Xanders to actually do his job, and hire a coach that will bring back the Broncos vonted running game. We will have a good draft and win more than 5 games next year! Something that would never have happend under poopy pants!!!

You are not a leading offender of this but I wonder about this new twist on the Mane. Why is a person with a differing opinion called out. There are about 10 guys here that if you have a different opinion than them they proceed to call you every name in the book.

Why must I be Old / drunk / stupid / a traitor / dumb / etc to have the opinions I have?

Why am I not allowed my opinion?

baja
01-02-2011, 10:45 AM
baja is going to move his affiliation just over the water?

You are one of the most tiresome people I have ever run across.

You got me on ignore dude yet you follow me around like a Mexican street dog looking for a home.

Mr
01-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Well on the bright side, At least the niners will get to enjoy a 5 or 6 game streak before the implosion of the skeletal remains of whatever team they have left.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2011, 10:48 AM
You are not a leading offender of this but I wonder about this new twist on the Mane. Why is a person with a differing opinion called out. There are about 10 guys here that if you have a different opinion than them they proceed to call you every name in the book.

Why must I be Old / drunk / stupid / a traitor / dumb / etc to have the opinions I have?

Because the internet allows one to call another names without threat of physical retort. Duh.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah, that's why we played an AFC Championsip game at home in 2005. Wipe the McD spooge from your lips!!!

How'd we do after that AFC Title game appearance? Oh right. 9-7, 8-8, 8-8. But the appearance in that game was the rule, not the exception.

LOL

No, don't worry. You don't sound like a total dip**** moron without any grasp on reality.

And since you're too ****ing stupid to realize it for yourself, my post had NOTHING to do with McDaniels. Christ, you are really really dumb.

oubronco
01-02-2011, 10:57 AM

Well go follow McDipshyt then :wave:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Well go follow McDipshyt then :wave:

REEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOH REEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOH REEEEEEE OOOOOOOOH

(That's the fan police siren)

oubronco
01-02-2011, 11:06 AM
REEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOH REEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOH REEEEEEE OOOOOOOOH

(That's the fan police siren)

Hilarious!

Rohirrim
01-02-2011, 11:07 AM

I'll be curious to see what happens on here if Elway brings in Harbaugh and trades Tebow to get Luck. Hilarious!

extralife
01-02-2011, 11:08 AM
My long nightmare continues :(

Oh well, I hope he wants Orton. Give us a 3rd and that's good for both sides.

Miss I.
01-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Not sure Josh got a raw deal, but firing him midseason seems sort of stupid unless there is something more about Spygate then was released or perhaps something in his contract that by firing him sooner rather than later would save the Broncos money somehow.

As far as the SPECULATION that he's going to SF as HC or KC as OC, both of these theories seem unlikely. While I do believe Josh currently has cache as an OC or QB coach, he's not really ready to be HC unless he's paired with a good GM, but even then not sure it wouldn't do him some good to be under another experienced HC to get a look at another successful coach's approach. He made both Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton look good, so I see that bringing him some value so again I see an OC position in the future, but not at KC. Not at KC largely because I can't imagine Todd Haley's personality working well with Josh. Josh's ego is too big for that for one thing. and I don't have the slightest idea why SF would gamble on someone who imploded at Denver and even Mike Singletary's 49ers could beat. So both theories seem far fetched to me.

worm
01-02-2011, 11:12 AM
York has been consistently on record that they will hire a GM first...then a HC.

Sundquist has more of a chance of being a 49ers than Josh does.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Because experts who cover this game for a living roundly agree that he's going to be an excellent head coach in this league? Maybe?

What they should do is poll the Mane though. I'm sure the opinion of Jetmeck will be roundly accepted as gospel fact.

Hilarious!

What experts you assclown ? You probably one of the McD lovers who'd be literally up his ass if he missed one step............

Gort
01-02-2011, 11:14 AM

Bill Walsh was an ass. ask George Seifert what he thinks of Walsh' ego and meddling ways.

i hope the 49ers flounder for another 20 years. couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase as far as i'm concerned. they were serial cheaters under DiBartolo and they deserve whatever misfortune they are having.

:)

Miss I.
01-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Bill Walsh was an ass. ask George Seifert what he thinks of Walsh' ego and meddling ways.

i hope the 49ers flounder for another 20 years. couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase as far as i'm concerned. they were serial cheaters under DiBartolo and they deserve whatever misfortune they are having.

now that's just silly. Clearly the Raiders are a far more deserving team to flounder. ;D

KipCorrington25
01-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Please let this happen, there hasn't been any good comedy on TV since Sanford and Son.

Gort
01-02-2011, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to this story. The timing of McDaniels firing made no sense. As opposed to Dallas & Minnesota where they had "coach in waiting" type guys they wanted to audition, we barely could come up with a interim coach. Seems to me Bowlen wanted McD out of the building...something pissed him off.

it only makes sense if Bowlen was ANGRY over the implications of Spygate II (which has been misrepresented and blown out of proportion by the media) on his personal integrity.

when one acts emotionally, one can act against one's own self-interest.

Miss I.
01-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Please let this happen, there hasn't been any good comedy on TV since Sanford and Son.

darn it, now that song is in my head....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1WqazleR3FE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1WqazleR3FE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

;D

Gort
01-02-2011, 11:20 AM
now that's just silly. Clearly the Raiders are a far more deserving team to flounder. ;D

both equally deserving franchises.

i hope Al Davis lives forever.

Jetmeck
01-02-2011, 11:22 AM
How'd we do after that AFC Title game appearance? Oh right. 9-7, 8-8, 8-8. But the appearance in that game was the rule, not the exception.

LOL

No, don't worry. You don't sound like a total dip**** moron without any grasp on reality.

And since you're too ****ing stupid to realize it for yourself, my post had NOTHING to do with McDaniels. Christ, you are really really dumb.

ass clown !

DHallblows
01-02-2011, 11:25 AM
ass clown !

One hell of a retort there, champ...

Miss I.
01-02-2011, 11:26 AM
both equally deserving franchises.

i hope Al Davis lives forever.

I personally I always enjoyed the HBO series he hosted...umm, what was it called..uh, oh yes. "Tales from the Crypt." ;D

NYBronco
01-02-2011, 11:26 AM
The oy place this story comes from is his agent. No one from the 9ers has expressed any interest.

Agree, wouldn't mind letting Quinn go for some draft picks.

I wish McD the best, where ever that may be.

extralife
01-02-2011, 11:35 AM

die

Gutless Drunk
01-02-2011, 11:38 AM
it only makes sense if Bowlen was ANGRY over the implications of Spygate II (which has been misrepresented and blown out of proportion by the media) on his personal integrity.

when one acts emotionally, one can act against one's own self-interest.

Or maybe he didn't trust him anymore. Maybe Josh wasn't totally honest with him. It's all speculation, however, I believe there is more to this we don't know.
Has to be for the timing to make any sense. Or else Bowlen really has lost it.

Popps
01-02-2011, 11:45 AM
McDaniels is going to land on his feet. Might not be this week or this year, but it'll happen.

I still think he'll coach a college team before taking an O/C job in the pros again, but I could be wrong.