PDA

View Full Version : Tebow documentary Thursday 1/6

Darkdoc
01-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Tim Tebow's documentary about the time from his last college game to the draft and his selection to the Bronco's is on ESPN, Thursday, 1/6.

"Year of the Quarterback -Tim Tebow- Everything in Between"

I see it on my Direct TV schedule at 6.00 pm (I'm on central time).

Doggcow
01-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Just added to tivo.

Darkdoc
01-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Tonight

AmericanBroncFan
01-06-2011, 01:37 PM
They will show Mcd talking about him and drafting him. I'll shut it off when it comes time for the Mcd part.

Cmac821
01-06-2011, 02:05 PM
My dad doesn't like the hype around Tebow and believes he will never live up to the expectation, also I don't think he likes Tebow. I personally am interested because he seems like a genuinely nice guy and Tebow's story is interesting.

txtebow
01-06-2011, 02:06 PM
My dad doesn't like the hype around Tebow and believes he will never live up to the expectation, also I don't think he likes Tebow. I personally am interested because he seems like a genuinely nice guy and Tebow's story is interesting.

My Dad doesn't like other posters Dad's who don't like Tebow.

Cmac821
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
My Dad doesn't like other posters Dad's who don't like Tebow.

Alright a-hole, just wondering if others think he won't live up to the expectations

Jetmeck
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Tebow will WILL his way to victories. Seriously know one will ever try harder
or motivate the players around him better than Tebow. He has skills. We would simply be foolish not to give him a try.

DarkHorse
01-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Alright a-hole, just wondering if others think he won't live up to the expectations

He'll never live up to the expectations of people that make ridiculous expectations.

I expect nothing more than potential growth from a guy playing QB for us. Plenty of big name can't miss guys have busted out of this league.

Guess I don't get into all the junior (college) NFL hype machines from people that haven't played a down in the big boys game.

Los Broncos
01-06-2011, 04:04 PM
He looked funny driving that car being so tall.

McDman
01-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Jimmy Sexton looks like Cam from "Modern Family".

srphoenix
01-06-2011, 04:14 PM
lol, yes he does.

J.D Walton sighting!!! guess Tebow's had experience taking snaps form him before they were Broncos

Los Broncos
01-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Wow he looked bad in the senior bowl.

vancejohnson82
01-06-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm going to drink so much goddamn FRS

srphoenix
01-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote for TRUTH

Los Broncos
01-06-2011, 04:17 PM

Drinking the Tebow-aid.

McDman
01-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Maybe he'll never make it but it's nice to know that he'll work harder than anybody else to try.

vancejohnson82
01-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Drinking the Tebow-aid.

It's probably just bottled Holy water

srphoenix
01-06-2011, 04:21 PM
nice form on the tackle on his mom, hit the middle and drove through the tackle

vancejohnson82
01-06-2011, 04:23 PM
nice form on the tackle on his mom, hit the middle and drove through the tackle

his mom had no pocket presence

McDman
01-06-2011, 04:25 PM
I like Saban's '80s sweater with multi colored squares on it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-06-2011, 04:26 PM
What can you say? He's absolutely fascinating. His story is remarkable. And he's a tremendous athlete.

I really hope he can deliver something special as a starting QB. I have my doubts, but I am hoping for the best.

vancejohnson82
01-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm gonna end up in rehab for this FBS stuff

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Anyone know why 2011 is "The Year of the QB"? Is there some reason for it beyond ESPN needing a new gimmick?

McDman
01-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Wow, That was sad.

vancejohnson82
01-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Anyone know why 2011 is "The Year of the QB"? Is there some reason for it beyond ESPN needing a new gimmick?

Because Brett Favre came back

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I'll see you guys later. I'm heading out to the woods with two sledgehammers.

vancejohnson82
01-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I'll see you guys later. I'm heading out to the woods with two sledgehammers.

im gonna go inject FRS into my neck

srphoenix
01-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Xanders even making an appearence, obviously he had a big role in drafting tim

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Whaddya know? Looks like Josh actually knows how to work with a QB. Seems like that's the kind of guy we should have kept around.

Also: Tebow's motion NOW looks slower and longer than Tebow's motion at his pro day. I hope he keeps working on it.

vancejohnson82
01-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Whaddya know? Looks like Josh actually knows how to work with a QB. Seems like that's the kind of guy we should have kept around.

Also: Tebow's motion NOW looks slower and longer than Tebow's motion at his pro day. I hope he keeps working on it.

I agree with the throwing motion thing....

also, i dont like how he didnt have the leadership to decide about where to see the draft

cut him

McDman
01-06-2011, 04:52 PM

Yeah we definitely should keep him around just bc he knows how to work with QBs. Nevermind the fact that he probably made the worst personnel decisions ever.

vancejohnson82
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
wow...he was going to Denver from the jump

footstepsfrom#27
01-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Yep...it was just those other 23 guys he didn't seem to know what he was doing with.

vancejohnson82
01-06-2011, 04:59 PM
i just got chills with the call from McDaniels to Tebow....thats cool

McDman
01-06-2011, 05:02 PM

It cracked me up when he asked if he should answer it. Sexton was like "YES"!

lostknight
01-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Actually, they had a list with teams that had expressed interest. They were Cleveland, Buffalo, Denver (not Jacksonville), Seattle, Vikings and the Patriots. Denver was the favorite early.

Denver flat out told them that they would trade back and forth. Wow. Every team between 23-29 had received a call from Denver, and knew where Denver was trying to trade up too.

Buff looked like the best bet outside of Denver.

dbroncos31
01-06-2011, 05:03 PM

Same, that was a great "scene" right there.

I was driving down to school with a friend during the draft, and just had a gut feeling when we traded up it would be Tebow. I was excited then, and am about 1000x as excited now.

This doc just clinched it, I haven't liked a player this much since Plummer

Jesterhole
01-06-2011, 05:05 PM

You know he was the HEAD coach, and not the quarterbacks coach, right? He was good at making a QB look good and nothing else.

gtown
01-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Funny seeing the confirmation of which teams were interested in Timmy. Buffalo, Seattle, New England, Broncos, a few others.

Agree on the motion. It will take a few years for him to get that thing nice and compact. But, if he simply improves as a QB does between his first and second years, the motion shouldn't hurt him too much.

Dedhed
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
I was amazed when Jimmy's guess was "Denver, somewhere between 22 and 30". Dude had clearly done his homework.

Cmac821
01-06-2011, 05:41 PM
is there a sequel, lol? That was pretty cool, hope he pans out

CHANGSTER
01-06-2011, 05:44 PM
I feel the Tebow!

Pushing cars and sledgehammering trees!

sutoazul
01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
That was a pretty cool documentary. It did give me chills when McD called him.
I remember that day when we picked him, I was so frustrated and confused on why we were picking Tebow. Now I like the kid so much that I find myself holding back to not root so hard for him. I really hope we find a QB coach/Off. cord. that can mold him into a better passer.

Jerry Curl
01-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Tebowner engaged! Sweet show.

titan
01-06-2011, 06:28 PM
replay on espn2 at 10 pm tonight mountain time.

Lyndsey Jones of the Post on twitter:

"They didn't stop shooting the documentary at the draft. The post-draft/Broncos camp stuff might be on the DVD."

SoDak Bronco
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
too bad josh wasn't a complete blow hard and the broncos weren't totally incompetent, I would have loved to see josh work with tebow. That being said josh deserved his fate, but I still wish he wouldn't have been making all these personnel decisions that doomed him (in addition to the spygate bs). I hope the new coaches they bring in can build an explosive offense around tebow.

cabronco
01-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I was waiting for Tebow to appear in a meat locker throwing left & rights to a side of beef.

That was pretty cool to watch and Tim getting the call all casual, hey its 303 should I answer it ?? Yes yes thats them....Oh hey coach McFired , thanks for drafting me.

MileHighMagic
01-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Great show!

I too got chills when Josh made the call. Seemed fitting that he was at home with his true supporters to celebrate getting picked on day one.

I truly believe he will lead us back to the promise land.

Dukes
01-06-2011, 07:27 PM
The behind the scenes of the draft was just awesome. Looks like Tebow picked a smart agent.

Requiem
01-06-2011, 07:33 PM
If anyone can find a link to this online, I'd be thankful.

Garcia Bronco
01-06-2011, 07:36 PM
he trains like Rocky. Breaking trees with mauls and pushing cars up hill.

Hamrob
01-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Great Program. The kid looks like a damn LB. His legs are tree trunks! I hope he keeps working on his motion and throwing from the pocket...He'll get there.

Did I confuse what they said about his arm length at the combine? I thought they said 30 and 3/4? Did anyone pick up on that. If that's the case...that's pretty short arms for a QB.

ayjackson
01-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Great Program. The kid looks like a damn LB. His legs are tree trunks! I hope he keeps working on his motion and throwing from the pocket...He'll get there.

Did I confuse what they said about his arm length at the combine? I thought they said 30 and 3/4? Did anyone pick up on that. If that's the case...that's pretty short arms for a QB.

Can`t even reach his peter for a wank. That`s holy.

Los Broncos
01-06-2011, 07:55 PM
he trains like Rocky. Breaking trees with mauls and pushing cars up hill.

Yeah that was pretty hardcore, I was saying to myself good thing he didn't miss that log.

Garcia Bronco
01-06-2011, 07:57 PM
I was waiting for Tebow to appear in a meat locker throwing left & rights to a side of beef.

That was pretty cool to watch and Tim getting the call all casual, hey its 303 should I answer it ?? Yes yes thats them....Oh hey coach McFired , thanks for drafting me.

waadta ya mean? That basically did happen.

Dagmar
01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah that was pretty hardcore, I was saying to myself good thing he didn't miss that log.

That was my thought exactly!

Great documentary, great ending too. Amazing insight into the process with his agent explaining the whole thing to his family, then the Thomas pick

Dagmar
01-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Just checked and it looks like it's only upcoming airings are on ESPNU on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

I assume it will be available via the Pirate Bay or Ten yardTorrents in the next 24 hours given his popularity for those interested. I also recorded it for those who need... ;)

Steve Sewell
01-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks for taking a chance on this young man, Coach McDaniels.

TD4HOF
01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Just caught the replay. That was awesome! Tebow's physicality is his secret weapon. It's basically a white Ray Lewis playing QB.

Baba Booey
01-06-2011, 10:57 PM
"the Denver Broncos select..."

that was such an awesome way to end it

Agamemnon
01-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Just caught the replay. That was awesome! Tebow's physicality is his secret weapon. It's basically a white Ray Lewis playing QB.

Who doesn't murder people. 8')

spdirty
01-06-2011, 11:12 PM
real cool doc. gave me goosebumps at the end of it.

BroncoLifer
01-06-2011, 11:23 PM
There is not one person that will outwork me
I'm your guy
I'm going to win a championship
Let's do it together
Push me for greatness
Because I can get there.

Wow!!!!

Bronco Yoda
01-06-2011, 11:29 PM
He'll never live up to the expectations of people that make ridiculous expectations.

I expect nothing more than potential growth from a guy playing QB for us. Plenty of big name can't miss guys have busted out of this league.

Guess I don't get into all the junior (college) NFL hype machines from people that haven't played a down in the big boys game.

Are you trying to tell me he's NOT going to stop the Earths polar shift in 2012?

I ****ing threw out all my freeze dried foods, jerked beef and half my ammo! Now you tell me this? What else you keeping from me?

TDmvp
01-06-2011, 11:30 PM
"the Denver Broncos select..."

that was such an awesome way to end it

Yea it was ...

I'm so buying in ... I don't watch much college ball , and kinda got sick of the hype during his college career , and then wasn't to happy we drafted him but my god he's just so hard not to love ...

And I'm not even that religious but even that part of him comes off as unforced and he just seems so hard working , caring and mature far beyond his years ...

I'm 35 , and when I grow up I want to be just like Tim Tebow :tebow:

Archer81
01-06-2011, 11:37 PM
I watched it. Very very impressive. I am so friggin glad Denver picked him. And it confirms my belief that ESPN is an echo chamber. Whatever one of them says the rest parrot.

And Todd McShay can fall into a volcano to save a roman-polynesian tribe who loves orange crush for eternity. What a douche.

:Broncos:

NUB
01-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Man his agent was right on the money with his pre-draft prognostications.

Baba Booey
01-07-2011, 12:11 AM
This **** got me so pumped. You can't put this guy's work ethic into words.

Is it September yet?

schaaf
01-07-2011, 12:18 AM
I found myself slightly aroused during it. . . is that bad? ROFL!

TDmvp
01-07-2011, 01:25 AM
I found myself slightly aroused during it. . . is that bad? ROFL!

I think my girlfriend did as well ... She didn't think he was hot in college at all , but now that he's a little older she says and hearing him speak and how he comes off he's her new crush.

Doggcow
01-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Tim Tebow doesn't chop down trees with an Axe.

He knocks the **** out of them with a maul.

"They say about 7 minutes, so I go for about 12 or 15"

So much badassary in this.

I love when he was sitting in the middle of the road, and someone was like "Hey son, do you need a ride?" lol

McDman
01-07-2011, 03:23 AM
I look pretty much the exact same when I take my shirt off.

Also, it was pretty cool that you could tell he was really hopingg the Broncos took him. He wanted to be in Denver.

zdoor
01-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Man his agent was right on the money with his pre-draft prognostications.

No kidding... We should pay him to consult on our drafts. Dude, knew where everyone was going...

Ramathorn
01-07-2011, 07:43 AM
"its 303, should i answer it?" "Hell yes, its them!!" I have never seen a fat man move so fast!!

NUB
01-07-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm pretty sure the agent changed shirts at least once during the draft.

Ray Finkle
01-07-2011, 08:19 AM
I can't believe ESPN made McShay look like such a douche bag.....funny no comments from Kiper. I wonder if they are falling out of love with McShay.

lostknight
01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
This is the first time this year that we've seen anything positive about the Broncos. That's nothing but good.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-07-2011, 09:08 AM
I can't believe ESPN made McShay look like such a douche bag.....funny no comments from Kiper. I wonder if they are falling out of love with McShay.

I don't think ESPN actually had anything to do with the creation of this, did they? This wasn't an ESPN Films project, I don't think. I believe it was created by an independent film crew...

Chris
01-07-2011, 09:12 AM
I think my girlfriend did as well ... She didn't think he was hot in college at all , but now that he's a little older she says and hearing him speak and how he comes off he's her new crush.

Well he's probably the first QB in NFL history that wouldn't try to hit on your girlfriend.

PRBronco
01-07-2011, 09:16 AM
I don't think ESPN actually had anything to do with the creation of this, did they? This wasn't an ESPN Films project, I don't think. I believe it was created by an independent film crew...

Actually the film crew are friends of his.

Beantown Bronco
01-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Well he's probably the first QB in NFL history that wouldn't try to hit on your girlfriend.

Kordell Stewart and Jeff Garcia say "hi" :)

PRBronco
01-07-2011, 09:21 AM

Actually I think it was "HAAAaaay!"

razorwire77
01-07-2011, 09:30 AM
I wasn't all that impressed with it. I understand it's purpose is to show a sliver in time leading up to the draft, but there really wasn't the type of insight into Tebow's life experience and personality that a quality well rounded documentary should produce. They should have interviewed his mom, high school coach, childhood friends, etc. Did he ever have doubts that he would be drafted in the first? What was his mindset going into the draft? There weren't any questions that scraped the surface of the combine/draft experience.

It was pretty much an extended workout video. I didn't really learn anything about him that you couldn't find in a 1-page bio, except for the fact he drives an old Thunderbird which I found to be pretty humble.

Missouribronc
01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Tim Tebow doesn't chop down trees with an Axe.

He knocks the **** out of them with a maul.

"They say about 7 minutes, so I go for about 12 or 15"

So much badassary in this.

Tebow is just a machine. Fun to watch.

I love when he was sitting in the middle of the road, and someone was like "Hey son, do you need a ride?" lol It was funny, but I'm pretty sure that was his dad laughing at him.

Missouribronc
01-07-2011, 09:38 AM
I wasn't all that impressed with it. I understand it's purpose is to show a sliver in time leading up to the draft, but there really wasn't the type of insight into Tebow's life experience and personality that a quality well rounded documentary should produce. They should have interviewed his mom, high school coach, childhood friends, etc. Did he ever have doubts that he would be drafted in the first? What was his mindset going into the draft? There weren't any questions that scraped the surface of the combine/draft experience.

It was pretty much an extended workout video. I didn't really learn anything about him that you couldn't find in a 1-page bio, except for the fact he drives an old Thunderbird which I found to be pretty humble.

But I don't think they wanted that stuff. They wanted to take a different approach to it, and only focus in on those few months, rather than a complete biographical documentary of Tebow. Some of that stuff was implied, I think.

Chris
01-07-2011, 09:39 AM

So does John Elway...

Missouribronc
01-07-2011, 09:44 AM

Kordell Stewart maybe, but...Garcia's then-girlfriend (now wife) playmate of the year Carmella DeCesare actually got into a physical altercation with a woman whom Garcia was supposedly sleeping with when he was in Cleveland.

Flex Gunmetal
01-07-2011, 10:17 AM

This.

Loved it. I wish I had the resources to have a training staff like him. Dude is a horse.

Ray Finkle
01-07-2011, 10:43 AM

well way to **** all over my theory!:thumbs:

vancejohnson82
01-07-2011, 11:08 AM

they had less than an hour of footage to work with...

dbfan21
01-08-2011, 05:15 AM
I do not have cable/satellite and will no be around the computer to stream it live. Can someone post a link so I can download it or stream it later? Help a Bronco fan out!!! ^5

Thanks!

Go Broncos!!

BowlenBall
01-08-2011, 07:41 AM
I do not have cable/satellite and will no be around the computer to stream it live. Can someone post a link so I can download it or stream it later? Help a Bronco fan out!!! ^5

Thanks!

Go Broncos!!

x2 -- can't find the darned thing anywhere online!

RaiderH8r
01-08-2011, 08:04 AM

Or text her pictures of his schlong.

dbfan21
01-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Bump.

Anyone have a link to watch the documentary?