PDA

View Full Version : Broncos reach settlement with Josh Mcdaniels

oubronco
01-01-2011, 01:31 PM
The Denver Broncos' contractual obligations to former coach Josh McDaniels are over.

McDaniels was given a termination settlement for the remainder of his contract, according to the Denver Post.

Firing McDaniels this month, the team owed him $3.2 million and $3.7 million over the final two years of his four-year pact.

Terms of the settlement weren't revealed.

McDaniels is expected to draw interest as an offensive coordinator candidate around the league.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Broncos-reach-settlement-with-Josh-McDaniels.html

cutthemdown
01-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Watch him follow the shanny model. He will go be a great O coord again and then when Billy B retires they bring a more mature, smarter, Mcd back to NE and he wins a Superbowl.

strafen
01-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Well, that's great news.
We are now positioned to set some bucks aside for a good head coach.
All things now point towards the Broncos targeting a high-profile coach.
Gruden?!

DarkHorse
01-01-2011, 02:09 PM
He should be paying us restitution for destroying our property/team.

Homer Simpson
01-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Well, that's great news.
Gruden?!

Are you just chucking ideas out there to see what sticks?? Where do you possibly get this idea of yours? And before you freak out and use the enter key 40 times in your post, please provide the facts.

KipCorrington25
01-01-2011, 02:10 PM
We'll see, that play calling wasn't knocking my socks off and if he's at all involved in talent evaluation... ROFL!:~ohyah!:Hilarious!:giggle::rofl:Ha!

bpc
01-01-2011, 03:17 PM
McDaniels will probably be a good coach. He needs to be paired with a 'take no ****' type of GM like Ron Wolf who puts him in his place and tells him to stay the hell out of personnel decisions.

go_broncos
01-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I hope Mcd is paying to Bowlen.

DrFate
01-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I will happily put $100 that he never wins a super bowl as head coach.

Pick Six
01-01-2011, 03:30 PM
That's good that Bowlen isn't on the hook for McDaniel's salary in the coming years. He didn't do bad, for a gutless drunk...;)

Cmac821
01-01-2011, 03:32 PM

or child support for Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn, isn't fair.

baja
01-01-2011, 03:38 PM
I will happily put $100 that he never wins a super bowl as head coach.

When would be eligible to collect?

baja
01-01-2011, 03:39 PM
That's good that Bowlen isn't on the hook for McDaniel's salary in the coming years. He didn't do bad, for a gutless drunk...;)

If you don't know the terms of the settlement how do you know he did good.

Jesterhole
01-01-2011, 03:39 PM
http://thesibylspeaks.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/flip-the-bird-copy.jpg?w=288

Natedog24
01-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I thought he coached up Kyle Orton pretty good, which should tell you how much I thought of Kyle Orton to begin with...

Broncoman13
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Well, that's great news.
Gruden?!

Harbaugh. The real question at this point is who will be our OC and DC. I could care less if we do go the Brian Billick route, so long as we end up with a strong staff of position coaches.

Kind of stinks that the best available OC right now was just bought out from the Broncos. We will be alright though. Elway will go with a good combo!

fontaine
01-01-2011, 04:40 PM
What makes anyone believe McDaniels is going to be a good HC someday?

Every coaching position in this league is based on the understanding that guys have to get along even though they may disagree on specific issues.

Egoistic clowns like Martz/McDaniels continue to prove that if you can't even get along with coaches you hire then the league will pretty quickly put you in your place.

Martz is ten times the offensive mind McDaniels is and right now he's been told to shutup and baby sit Cutler. McDaniels will do no better.

Popps
01-01-2011, 05:23 PM
I just hope he doesn't land in the AFC West.

go_broncos
01-01-2011, 05:27 PM
I hope he lands in AFC West.

scorpio
01-01-2011, 05:28 PM
FWIW, Peter King said on Twitter that McD won't go to KC.

Dagmar
01-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I hope he lands in AFC West.

First.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2u79cw0.png

The Patriots clinched the AFC East before their eleventh game (in Week 12), the fourth time since the NFL introduced the 16-game schedule in 1978 that a team had clinched a division title by its eleventh game.[2] In the season finale, the Patriots looked to finish the regular season with the first 160 record in NFL history, and did so successfully. In that game, Brady and Moss connected on two touchdown passes, with Moss setting his 23 catch record and Brady setting an NFL record with 50 touchdown passes on the season. It was the first undefeated regular season in the NFL since the 1972 Miami Dolphins finished 14-0.[3] Brady earned his first NFL MVP award, while the Patriots' offense broke numerous records, including those for points scored and point differential.

I expect nothing but lies and idiocy, so don't bother replying dude.

strafen
01-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Harbaugh. The real question at this point is who will be our OC and DC. I could care less if we do go the Brian Billick route, so long as we end up with a strong staff of position coaches.

Kind of stinks that the best available OC right now was just bought out from the Broncos. We will be alright though. Elway will go with a good combo!I would also think that besides the need for an OC and DC that a new OL coach won't hurt either.
The Carolina Panthers are said to also have released all of Fox's assistants.
Jeff Davison was the Panther OC but also has OL coaching experience in NE. He would be good as our OL coach
Very strong on the running game

Speaking of the Panthers, Ron Meeks their DC would be a good candidate for us as well. Great credentials and track record...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Thank God. That Jackwagon.

HooptyHoops
01-01-2011, 06:32 PM
I would also think that besides the need for an OC and DC that a new OL coach won't hurt either.
The Carolina Panthers are said to also have released all of Fox's assistants.
Jeff Davison was the Panther OC but also has OL coaching experience in NE. He would be good as our OL coach
Very strong on the running game

Speaking of the Panthers, Ron Meeks their DC would be a good candidate for us as well. Great credentials and track record...

Carolina's D was actually pretty good this year....Meeks should definitely be on our radar, as they lost Peppers and still looked good!

go_broncos
01-01-2011, 06:38 PM
First.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2u79cw0.png

I expect nothing but lies and idiocy, so don't bother replying dude.

ROFL!..What was the end result..

snowspot66
01-01-2011, 06:39 PM
ROFL!..What was the end result..

A miracle play that will go down in NFL history along side plays like the Memphis Miracle and Immaculate Reception to beat the most dominant offense in NFL history. Totally on McDaniels.

DrFate
01-01-2011, 06:42 PM
When would be eligible to collect?

That of course is the trick

I have no idea why people expect success from this guy

He gets to much credit for inheriting Weiss' offense, a HOF qb, a great oline and Moss.

Without all pros at every position, he failed

I doubt he ever succeeds at a HC job

Captain 'Dre
01-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Thank God. That Jackwagon.

The guy from Mamby-Pambyland? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/bosefus69/shrug.gif

go_broncos
01-01-2011, 07:18 PM
A miracle play that will go down in NFL history along side plays like the Memphis Miracle and Immaculate Reception to beat the most dominant offense in NFL history. Totally on McDaniels.

NE offense scored 14 points..

snowspot66
01-01-2011, 07:25 PM

And it took a miracle play for the Giants to win. The Giants defense gets paid too.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-01-2011, 08:17 PM
The guy from Mamby-Pambyland? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/bosefus69/shrug.gif

Look if it wasn't for the fear of life inproisonment I would rip out Mcdumbass's throat and **** down its hole. But yes that guy. You know he's former drill instructor.

Homer Simpson
01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Look if it wasn't for the fear of life inproisonment I would rip out Mcdumbass's throat and **** down its hole. But yes that guy. You know he's former drill instructor.

You would kill a father! Because he did a bad job with your sports team!!

There is only one dumbass scumbag in a discussion with you.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-01-2011, 09:20 PM
You would kill a father! Because he did a bad job with your sports team!!

There is only one dumbass scumbag in a discussion with you.

Yep! And considering I've kepy mouth shut for that last year I think I've shown great restaint.

rugbythug
01-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Yep! And considering I've kepy mouth shut for that last year I think I've shown great restaint.

Internet tough guys should be a song

broncocalijohn
01-01-2011, 11:12 PM

Im beginning to think it is McD as the gutless drunk how he did us in.

TomServo
01-02-2011, 12:00 AM
i still have no idea where all this "he will be a good headcoach someday" comes from. his drafting ability? his eye for talent? his ability to work with players that dont kiss his azz? how he gets rid of any asst coaches that actually know what they are doing? how he racks up passing yard in blowouts when he should be playing his special draft pick that cost the broncos three picks?
the man has character issues that wont magically fix themselves with time. the man needs therapy to "fix" his demons or something.

Boomhauer
01-02-2011, 05:22 AM

This, but I've been waiting to see how his termination would work out. After he was fired Ellis said the Broncos don't discuss severence packages, so I figure a deal was coming.
I'd spitball the settelment is a bit more than what the Broncos would have paid McD after being fired "for cause" because of the taping scandal, plus what they would have spent in legal fees in reaching it. No where near what he would have made in the rest of his contract and much quicker/easier than drawing out a messy divorce.
My WAG; $2mil to piss off.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-02-2011, 05:40 AM
i still have no idea where all this "he will be a good headcoach someday" comes from. his drafting ability? his eye for talent? his ability to work with players that dont kiss his azz? how he gets rid of any asst coaches that actually know what they are doing? how he racks up passing yard in blowouts when he should be playing his special draft pick that cost the broncos three picks?
the man has character issues that wont magically fix themselves with time. the man needs therapy to "fix" his demons or something.

The guy had his moments. He coached very well in the 6-0 start last year, beat some quality teams and went toe to toe with others. Yes, he had blowout losses too, but so have great coaches in this league.

I would hope that getting fired so unceremoniously would have an effect on him, that it would humble him. I know something like that happening to me would change my ways. And I think you can grow out of an experience like that. I think he will.

Just my opinion. It'll be a few years, but when he gets his next shot, I wouldn't be surprised to see him be very successful.

lostknight
01-02-2011, 05:44 AM

Interestingly enough, I remember talking with a friend who is a insane NE fan. I remember him saying something along the lines of the only knock with Josh is that a lot of NE fans laid the blame of the SB loss on him, because the offense didn't make any corrections at half time.

Sound familiar?

lostknight
01-02-2011, 05:50 AM
I would hope that getting fired so unceremoniously would have an effect on him, that it would humble him. I know something like that happening to me would change my ways. And I think you can grow out of an experience like that. I think he will.

Yep. I've thought this all along, and really hoped that there was a way for Josh to have a Shakabuku moment without us having to fire him.

Just my opinion. It'll be a few years, but when he gets his next shot, I wouldn't be surprised to see him be very successful.

It really depend. This entire KC thing is really interesting. KC would be a perfect fit for him - and everyone knows it. But Josh being josh, interpersonal issues may keep this from working. That may be the first sign that he is not going to recover and be the mature effective head coach many think he will be.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Yep. I've thought this all along, and really hoped that there was a way for Josh to have a Shakabuku moment without us having to fire him.

It really depend. This entire KC thing is really interesting. KC would be a perfect fit for him - and everyone knows it. But Josh being josh, interpersonal issues may keep this from working. That may be the first sign that he is not going to recover and be the mature effective head coach many think he will be.

To be fair, Todd Haley has some interpersonal issues of his own to work on.