PDA

View Full Version : Realistic expectations for Sunday

OrangeSe7en
12-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Im all in with Tebow, just like many of you, but, let's face it, he's going to struggle at times and San Diego has one of the leagues best defenses -- at least statistically.

And then you add to that the fact that San Diego is one of the most explosive offenses and our defense is one of the worst, it could be really bad come Sunday.

It just seems like Sunday might be a time to temper expectations. Tebow is only a rookie. And he also doesn't play defense.

What are you realistically expecting on Sunday?

I'd like the defense to keep San Diego under 50 and I'd also like it if the offense scored at least 20. It wouldn't shock me if neither happened though.

frerottenextelway
12-31-2010, 02:01 PM
I expect to win.

TonyR
12-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Bolts are pretty banged up:

Stephen Cooper LB Knee Did Not Participate In Practice --
Patrick Crayton WR Wrist Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
Larry English LB Foot Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
Antonio Gates TE Toe Did Not Participate In Practice --
Jacob Hester RB Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
Scott Mruczkowski C Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
Mike Tolbert RB Neck Did Not Participate In Practice --
Malcom Floyd WR Hamstring Full Participation in Practice Probable
Brandon Siler LB Ribs Full Participation in Practice Probable
Antwan Applewhite LB Ankle Limited Participation in Practice Probable

Rigs11
12-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Expect a win or pretty damn close score. Let's see how tebow does against a better defense.

NFLBRONCO
12-31-2010, 02:28 PM
gates is on ir

Jesterhole
12-31-2010, 02:43 PM
I expect to see growth in Tebow's game, don't care about much else.

Would like to see:

More on time throws from the pocket
Less jump balls down the field

strafen
12-31-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm looking forward to see Tebow have a great game and hopefully capped with a nice win...

peacepipe
12-31-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm expecting a loss.

Los Broncos
12-31-2010, 03:11 PM
I predict pain!

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm expecting a good game. Not sure if Broncos can win it or not, but I sure would love for the Broncos to end the season with a big win at home against Sandy Eggo.

broncswin
12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
I expect my wife to bring me a cold beer every 10 minutes only wearing her tight tebow jersey...high expectations? I think not...lol

And yes she is hot!

OrangeSe7en
12-31-2010, 03:19 PM
I expect my wife to bring me a cold beer every 10 minutes only wearing her tight tebow jersey...high expectations? I think not...lol

And yes she is hot!

I like where this is going.

strafen
12-31-2010, 03:20 PM

And yes she is hot!Pics? :wave:

Dagmar
12-31-2010, 03:28 PM
I am hoping for a win, it's the Chargers.

If we can't win, another performance from Tebow to give us hope (and we'll be picking 2nd).

Anything but an "absolute embarrass"

Archer81
12-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Alot of Dec 2010 join dates lately...

:Broncos:

broncswin
12-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Pics? :wave:

my wife told me there was a rule with her and the internet...she better never be seen on it...and she reads the mane way too much...Hilarious!

snowspot66
12-31-2010, 03:55 PM
my wife told me there was a rule with her and the internet...she better never be seen on it...and she reads the mane way too much...Hilarious!

Is that her in your avatar?

lostknight
12-31-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm expecting two picks. Tebow is due.

Requiem
12-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Alot of Dec 2010 join dates lately...

:Broncos:

What are the odds this too is a previously banned poster?

broncswin
12-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Is that her in your avatar?

PG pics are okROFL!

Rohirrim
12-31-2010, 04:15 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kh9S1Hk975U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kh9S1Hk975U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hogan11
12-31-2010, 04:19 PM
If the Chargers come in utterly disinterested, then the Broncos have a shot.

Otherwise, it could get ugly....Tebow or no Tebow.

Dagmar
12-31-2010, 04:21 PM
If the Chargers come in utterly disinterested, then the Broncos have a shot.

Otherwise, it could get ugly....Tebow or no Tebow.

Even Florio agrees.

Chargers at Broncos

Florio’s take: Chargers owner Dean Spanos already has declared that coach Norv Turner and G.M. A.J. Smith are safe. So good luck getting a team which recently had high hopes and now has no hope to go all out to beat the Broncos, who hope to finish a nightmarish season on the highest possible note.

Florio’s pick: Broncos 27, Chargers 20.

Bronco Yoda
12-31-2010, 04:33 PM
I expect that Tebow will continue to grow. I expect him to bounce back from rookie mistakes. I expect him to NEVER give up.

I expect our Defense to get beat'n like a red-headed step child with a kodiak steel toed boot.

I expect Rivers to be a complete asshat.

I expect a better showing than last time we met.

Popps
12-31-2010, 04:39 PM
It'll be a good game. They may be out of the playoffs, but one guy will come to play for sure...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZmPxB7J5QhA/SpQj4bKV4pI/AAAAAAAAAFU/-geFqcVd2fY/s320/philip-rivers.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
12-31-2010, 04:48 PM
I can't remember being this excited to watch a meaningless last game since 1995. We literally have nothing to play for, but I want to see Tebow go berserker.

huh??
12-31-2010, 05:22 PM
I can't remember being this excited to watch a meaningless last game since 1995. We literally have nothing to play for, but I want to see Tebow go berserker.

Yes. Exactly. Berserker. :yayaya: Crush them!

footstepsfrom#27
12-31-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm expecting Patrick Peterson in four months...and hope nothing screws that up.

tsiguy96
12-31-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm expecting Patrick Peterson in four months...and hope nothing screws that up.

mediator has a lot to say about takinga CB high, but essentially, offensive gameplans can isolate a corner to a small portion of the field, leaving the rest of the field open. a great CB simply isnt worth as much in terms of value as a great pass rusher or DL.

oubronco
12-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Our defense sucks ass I see the dolts scoring a lot

footstepsfrom#27
12-31-2010, 07:33 PM
mediator has a lot to say about takinga CB high, but essentially, offensive gameplans can isolate a corner to a small portion of the field, leaving the rest of the field open. a great CB simply isnt worth as much in terms of value as a great pass rusher or DL.
horsepucky

Old Dude
01-01-2011, 08:54 AM

I can't remember a game this meaningless since last week. I expect the Chargers will put forth a token effort at best. Denver has a lot of guys playing for jobs.

I expect a mixed rookie performance from Tebow and an easy Denver win over a pancake flat Charger club. 24-10.

TailgateNut
01-01-2011, 09:13 AM
I can't remember a game this meaningless since last week. I expect the Chargers will put forth a token effort at best. Denver has a lot of guys playing for jobs.

I expect a mixed rookie performance from Tebow and an easy Denver win over a pancake flat Charger club. 24-10.

Move your ass over, I need some room for my ass on that^ wagon with a minor adder: after this win over a team wich sees no benefit in winning the Tebownites will proclaim Timmy to be not only the next Elway, but to be the best QB to ever step on the field.

:yayaya:

Gort
01-01-2011, 09:41 AM
i'd like to see Marmalard throws 3 picks and gets sacked a half dozen times and that we see a shot of him sitting on the bench crying like a little girl.

but i expect the Broncos to get blown out again. Sandy Eggo has had the Broncos number for a couple of years now. we just don't seem to match up well against them. if we can't pressure Marmalard, he'll pick apart our secondary.

although the Broncos beat Houston last week, we're still a bad team and lacking alot of pieces on defense.

OrangeSe7en
01-01-2011, 09:46 AM
i'd like to see Marmalard throws 3 picks and gets sacked a half dozen times and that we see a shot of him sitting on the bench crying like a little girl.

but i expect the Broncos to get blown out again. Sandy Eggo has had the Broncos number for a couple of years now. we just don't seem to match up well against them. if we can't pressure Marmalard, he'll pick apart our secondary.
although the Broncos beat Houston last week, we're still a bad team and lacking alot of pieces on defense.

I bolded this part for footstepsfrom #27's benefit.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Move your ass over, I need some room for my ass on that^ wagon with a minor adder: after this win over a team wich sees no benefit in winning the Tebownites will proclaim Timmy to be not only the next Elway, but to be the best QB to ever step on the field.

:yayaya:

While forcing his religious and political agenda upon you.

oubronco
01-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Rivers has a career passer rating of 118.8 against the broncos and their defense is tied for first with 44 sacks I hope we win but I just don't see it

HAT
01-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Chuggers ain't used to week 17 meaningless games.....I expect zero effort from them.
27-13 Denver.

19Morton77
01-01-2011, 10:22 AM

Yet I take it she is in your avatar.
I think Tebow will have a much harder time hitting that 300 marker. If he gets to 60% completion and 250 yards passing, he succeeded. Of course we cant have 3 ints in that mix too.

strafen
01-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Rivers has a career passer rating of 118.8 against the broncos and their defense is tied for first with 44 sacks I hope we win but I just don't see it

We've got Tebow the equalizer.
I'm looking forward to a great game tomorrow. I'm going to suck it all in to last the off-season.
Gotta end the season in a good note of renewed faith and expectations to build on for next year.
Let's all hope this CBA and lockout talks reach a favorable agreement for all parties involved, and we get to have football this year...

Hamrob
01-01-2011, 10:26 AM
I really don't have any expectations for this game. I'd like to see Tebow continue to play well and for our team to play with some heart and ralley around him.

In the grand scheme of things...I don't think it will matter to the powers that be. In that, they have either gotten on the Tebow bandwagon or they never will. Regardless of how he plays tomorrow.

That being said, Elway/Xanders may already be plotting to find a way to get Luck. In Elway's mind...the Broncos did the same thing to go get him...why wouldn't he go get the guy that he thinks is the next him?

strafen
01-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I really don't have any expectations for this game. I'd like to see Tebow continue to play well and for our team to play with some heart and ralley around him.

In the grand scheme of things...I don't think it will matter to the powers that be. In that, they have either gotten on the Tebow bandwagon or they never will. Regardless of how he plays tomorrow.

That being said, Elway/Xanders may already be plotting to find a way to get Luck. In Elway's mind...the Broncos did the same thing to go get him...why wouldn't he go get the guy that he thinks is the next him? I kind of share that view.
As a matter of fact, that was a position I was ready to take on. This of course before we've finally decided to play Tebow.

The way I look at is that now we've seen Tebow play, the Luck option doesn't wreak desperation.
Luck or Tebow. I don't think you could go wrong there.
In my humble but yet premature observation, this could later on be looked at as having to choose between Brady or Manning.
Both Tebow and Luck have a world of potential to be great ones...

Hamrob
01-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I kind of share that view.
As a matter of fact, that was a position I was ready to take on. This of course before we've finally decided to play Tebow.

The way I look at is that now we've seen Tebow play, the Luck option doesn't wreak desperation.
Luck or Tebow. I don't think you could go wrong there.
In my humble but yet premature observation, this could later on be looked at as having to choose between Brady or Manning.
Both Tebow and Luck have a world of potential to be great ones...I think the complaint about getting Luck has everything to do...with passing on Defensive Talent. We'd probably have to give up our 1st this year, maybe a 2nd or 3rd this year and next year's #1. That a large booty of picks that could be used on defensive talent to immensely improve our biggest weakness.

That being said, anyone who drafts Luck, will be a competetive football team for the next 10-12 seasons.

That's why, you really have to be sold on Tebow, in order to not make a play for Luck. A guy like Elway has to believe that a franchise QB is the cornerstone of any Organization. So, what's going to be his first priority...getting a franchise QB?

The problem that we have with Tebow...is that, we all want him to succeed. We can all see the leadership, the heart and the will to win. But, after only 3 games played...even if he tears it up against the Chargers. Most evaluators are still going to say...he has a long ways to go and most likely, in their minds, he won't be able to get there.

So, do Elway/Xanders fall into the minority, who believes Tebow can be a franchize signal caller or do they swing with the rest of the football universe who just will never believe in Tebow???

If they are with the majority...then they will be trying their best to find a way to draft Luck. That's just my opinion.

Personally, I hope we stick with TEBOW!!

strafen
01-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I think the complaint about getting Luck has everything to do...with passing on Defensive Talent. We'd probably have to give up our 1st this year, maybe a 2nd or 3rd this year and next year's #1. That a large booty of picks that could be used on defensive talent to immensely improve our biggest weakness.

That being said, anyone who drafts Luck, will be a competetive football team for the next 10-12 seasons.

That's why, you really have to be sold on Tebow, in order to not make a play for Luck. A guy like Elway has to believe that a franchise QB is the cornerstone of any Organization. So, what's going to be his first priority...getting a franchise QB?

The problem that we have with Tebow...is that, we all want him to succeed. We can all see the leadership, the heart and the will to win. But, after only 3 games played...even if he tears it up against the Chargers. Most evaluators are still going to say...he has a long ways to go and most likely, in their minds, he won't be able to get there.

So, do Elway/Xanders fall into the minority, who believes Tebow can be a franchize signal caller or do they swing with the rest of the football universe who just will never believe in Tebow???
If they are with the majority...then they will be trying their best to find a way to draft Luck. That's just my opinion.

Personally, I hope we stick with TEBOW!!And which side do you think has proven right so far?
Yup...

I'm confident Tebow will succeed as an NFL franchise caliber QB.
Yes, I'm a huge fan, but I usually don't go out endorsing something I have doubts about...
At this point, if given the choice between Tebow or Luck, I'll have to flip a coin...
Luck could be great and so could be Tebow...

GoBroncos84
01-01-2011, 12:08 PM
I'd love to see Tim Tebow throw a touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas, finally seeing the two first round picks on the field at the same time and building a rapport with one another. I want to see continued growth from all of the young guys, and I want to see who does and who doesn't play their ass off.

I want the team to win, I think it could be a big momentum builder going into the offseason and help solidify Tebow as a legitimate starter in this league. We've been getting beaten up by SD for years, winning Sunday would go a long way in showing that change is coming.

Hogan11
01-01-2011, 12:13 PM
And which side do you think has proven right so far?
Yup...

I'm confident Tebow will succeed as an NFL franchise caliber QB.
Yes, I'm a huge fan, but I usually don't go out endorsing something I have doubts about...
At this point, if given the choice between Tebow or Luck, I'll have to flip a coin...
Luck could be great and so could be Tebow...

So many have already sold out emotionally to Tebow that taking Luck would be a PR disaster...but the real disaster was mentioned earlier...that would be to once again pass on defensive talent.

TonyR
01-01-2011, 12:53 PM
We'd probably have to give up our 1st this year, maybe a 2nd or 3rd this year and next year's #1.

No, shouldn't have to give up that much. I'd think our first rounder and highest second rounder would be enough based on the value chart.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

In a perfect world, if that's the direction they decided to go, they'd trade Orton and our first for their first. That way Carolina could have Orton as insurance in case Clausen doensn't work out.

Gort
01-01-2011, 01:04 PM
No, shouldn't have to give up that much. I'd think our first rounder and highest second rounder would be enough based on the value chart.

In a perfect world, if that's the direction they decided to go, they'd trade Orton and our first for their first. That way Carolina could have Orton as insurance in case Clausen doensn't work out.

1) Luck is a redshirt sophomore. he has 2 years of eligibility left.
2) Luck needs 1.5 years to finish his degree. he's stated publicly that he really wants to finish his degree at Stanford.
3) he's not declared for the draft.
4) the Broncos will not have a high enough pick to get him short of hamstringing the franchise by trading a number of other high draft picks.
5) the Broncos just last year invested in a 1st round QB.
6) there's a very good chance that there will not be NFL football next year.

i don't see anything that makes the Broncos drafting Luck anything more than a pipedream, despite what the most myopic OM'ers believe... simply put: it. ain't. gonna. happen.

Bronco Yoda
01-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I expect we'll put in Tebow at LB'er after Chargers throw up two quick TD's. Timmy then sacks Rivers and gives him an atomic wedgy in front of the camera's.

Tebow becomes the first two way QB/LB in the NFL next year.

Natedog24
01-01-2011, 01:14 PM
SD is beat up but they'll still have more talent on the field then Denver will. That said, this games means a lot more to a Tebow inspired Denver team then it will to SD so its plausible that they could play down to their competition and give the Broncos a chance. I'm expecting an easy win for SD but I'll still be watching for more Tebow magic. Go Broncos!

Hamrob
01-01-2011, 01:20 PM

In a perfect world, if that's the direction they decided to go, they'd trade Orton and our first for their first. That way Carolina could have Orton as insurance in case Clausen doensn't work out.True, if we end up with the 2nd pick. I'm thinking more like we end up with the 5th pick.

strafen
01-01-2011, 01:57 PM
So many have already sold out emotionally to Tebow that taking Luck would be a PR disaster...but the real disaster was mentioned earlier...that would be to once again pass on defensive talent.Would it ever!
No doubt. Especially if Tebow closes the season showing flashes of greatness and hopes for this franchise and the glaring defensive holes still prevalent on this team will definitely be a rough start of our new beginning...

I know this upcoming draft is rich on defensive talent.
Yes, I agree we need defense. We're positioned for some good players to be had with our early picks

To be honest with you, I thought Luck wouldn't come out this year, but with the talks of Harbaugh possibly heading to take the Michigan HC'ing job, not sure how that would influence his decision...

I feel Tebow would get better the more he plays and the more he gets a feel for the game.
He will be afforded every opportunity to be the man in Denver we all want him to be.

oubronco
01-01-2011, 01:59 PM
It would be absolutely fantastic to come up with both Dareus and Fairley

TDmvp
01-01-2011, 01:59 PM
We aint ... But if we made some move up to get Luck we are stupid.

I'm never sold on so and so is a can't miss as they are pushing with Luck and if we use another pick on QB with all our holes we deserve to suck for a decade.

TonyR
01-01-2011, 02:28 PM
...i don't see anything that makes the Broncos drafting Luck anything more than a pipedream, despite what the most myopic OM'ers believe... simply put: it. ain't. gonna. happen.

I don't disagree. My post was purely considering a hypothetical.

Hamrob
01-01-2011, 02:42 PM
It would be absolutely fantastic to come up with both Dareus and FairleyNow that's a pipedream...please, hand me the pipe! ^5

Steve Sewell
01-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Tebow leads the Broncos to a "stay down b!tch" victory over SD, sending them back to their rightful place in the AFC West for years to come.

dsmoot
01-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Im all in with Tebow, just like many of you, but, let's face it, he's going to struggle at times and San Diego has one of the leagues best defenses -- at least statistically.

And then you add to that the fact that San Diego is one of the most explosive offenses and our defense is one of the worst, it could be really bad come Sunday.

It just seems like Sunday might be a time to temper expectations. Tebow is only a rookie. And he also doesn't play defense.

What are you realistically expecting on Sunday?

I'd like the defense to keep San Diego under 50 and I'd also like it if the offense scored at least 20. It wouldn't shock me if neither happened though.

I am looking forward to this game for Tebow's sake. Another good defense to go up against. The coaching staff needs to leave the wraps off much like the second half vs Houston. I am looking for decision making (int vs Houston), making good fundamental throws, how he responds to pressure, does he take off too soon, does he progress through his receivers and 3rd down performance? With our defense, it will be an up hill battle vs Rivers. So I am not concerned about the win/loss. Frankly, this game is nothing but the last rehearsal for the offseason personnel decisions that need to made.

BrownsClown1
01-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Tebow-Out with an injured Halo!
Quinn-3/19, 21 yds, 4 ints, QB rating 5.2!