PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis Leaving KC For Florida

frerottenextelway
12-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Charlie Weis leaving KC to be OC at Florida per Espn.

Why?

Dagmar
12-31-2010, 12:31 PM
And all over twitter is Josh McDaniels to KC. Just theories and conjecture at this point, but I would NOT want that!

frerottenextelway
12-31-2010, 12:33 PM
And all over twitter is Josh McDaniels to KC. Just theories and conjecture at this point, but I would NOT want that!

I see, that makes sense. This rivalry is about to heat up, big time.

OrangeSe7en
12-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Has it been confirmed?

frerottenextelway
12-31-2010, 12:34 PM
Has it been confirmed?

Sounded like it, it was breaking news.

Dutch
12-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Sources: Gators pursuing Charlie Weis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN

Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Charlie Weis is being targeted by the Florida Gators to become the offensive coordinator under new coach Will Muschamp, two sources confirmed to ESPN.

Weis is expected to take the job, but no firm agreement is in place.

Weis

Muschamp contacted the Chiefs this week for permission to talk to Weis, with the full intention of hiring the Chiefs' offensive coordinator and former Notre Dame coach, sources said. A Florida source said Weis would continue to coach the Chiefs into the AFC playoffs. Another source reiterated that Weis is expected to accept the job.

In his first year on the job, Muschamp has been focused on hiring an NFL offensive coordinator to install a pro-style offense and to assist with attracting pro-style quarterbacks and receivers to the Gators program, sources said.

Pat Dooley of the Gainesville Sun first said that Weis was the leading candidate for the Gators' offensive coordinator position.

Chiefs coach Todd Haley did not wish to comment on the report when he was contacted by ESPN and other media members at his Friday news conference.

Chris Mortensen is the senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

go_broncos
12-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Hopefully...Mcd goes to KC as an OC..

go_broncos
12-31-2010, 12:44 PM
and all over twitter is josh mcdaniels to kc. Just theories and conjecture at this point, but i would not want that!

rofl!

kcpasco
12-31-2010, 12:46 PM
McD gets the QB he really wanted afterall

TDmvp
12-31-2010, 12:46 PM
rofl!

Quick we need to sign defenders to cover the bubble screen asap !!!

TonyR
12-31-2010, 12:47 PM

Be careful what you wish for...

Dagmar
12-31-2010, 12:48 PM
rofl!

The Patriots clinched the AFC East before their eleventh game (in Week 12), the fourth time since the NFL introduced the 16-game schedule in 1978 that a team had clinched a division title by its eleventh game.[2] In the season finale, the Patriots looked to finish the regular season with the first 160 record in NFL history, and did so successfully. In that game, Brady and Moss connected on two touchdown passes, with Moss setting his 23 catch record and Brady setting an NFL record with 50 touchdown passes on the season. It was the first undefeated regular season in the NFL since the 1972 Miami Dolphins finished 14-0.[3] Brady earned his first NFL MVP award, while the Patriots' offense broke numerous records, including those for points scored and point differential.

Take off the hate filled glasses, he is an excellent OC even if he turned into a poor head coach.

go_broncos
12-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Take off the hate filled glasses, he is an excellent OC even if he turned into a poor head coach.

Well..we never seem to struggle against NE offense..I am not worried.

Jesterhole
12-31-2010, 12:50 PM
McD to KC as an OC sucks. That was the one thing he was good at.

listopencil
12-31-2010, 12:53 PM

Hopefully he does not.

Dagmar
12-31-2010, 12:54 PM

First.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2u79cw0.png

Ok?

Oct 20 2008
DEN 7 @ NE 41

Matt Cassel
185 Yds (NE)

frerottenextelway
12-31-2010, 12:56 PM
I wonder if certain people here will be rooting for KC now?

go_broncos
12-31-2010, 12:57 PM
First.

Ok?

Oct 20 2008
DEN 7 @ NE 41

Matt Cassel
185 Yds (NE)

one game???

listopencil
12-31-2010, 12:58 PM
First.

Nice. I am stealing that.

snowspot66
12-31-2010, 12:58 PM

You might want to take that statement back.

go_broncos
12-31-2010, 12:59 PM
I wonder if certain people here will be rooting for KC now?

Dagmar, Popps, Baja comes to my mind.

TDmvp

I'm still not sold he was ever a excellent OC ...

I mean he was handed a Hof qb and above average O and a O scheme by Weis ... He didn't build and install that O and I think that's how everyone acts when talking about what a great OC he was.

It's the Phil Jackson question ... Is Phil a great coach or is it that he coached Jordan and Kobe ... and I'm not sure , Just as I'm not sure if Josh really is a great O mastermind ...

2001 N.E. (Personnel Assistant)
2002-2003 N.E. (Defensive Coaching Assistant) ? ? ?
2004-2008 N.E. (Quarterbacks Coach)
2006-2008 N.E. (Offensive Coordinator)
2009-2010 Denver Head Coach

Not sure he was even qualified for a head coaching job based on that resume.

Dagmar
dagmar, popps, baja comes to my mind.

WTF?

(Popps and I, not baja, he openly roots for the Raiders these days!)

DarkHorse
12-31-2010, 01:00 PM
I see, that makes sense. This rivalry is about to heat up, big time.

I don't see it that way.

To me, the Chiefs are 3 floors up on us right now. We have a lot of steps to climb just to be on the same level as them.

go_broncos
12-31-2010, 01:03 PM
WTF?

(Popps and I, not baja, he openly roots for the Raiders these days!)

Once Mcd becomes OC for chiefs, he will start supporting them.

go_broncos
12-31-2010, 01:04 PM
The good thing is we don't need to worry about chief's running game..

Hamrob
12-31-2010, 01:05 PM
KC has and will continue to have one hell of a coaching staff. I think that is the main reason that they have turned things around.

I certainly hope that we are able to hire equally as good coaches to lead our team! Maybe we should hire Mangini to be our OC? :-)

Dagmar
12-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Once Mcd becomes OC for chiefs, he will start supporting them.

Just don't throw me in with him. When McD was fired, I accepted it was coming as things had gotten horribly bad.

Hamrob
12-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Isn't it ironic...that McD destoyed the Broncos from a personnel standpoint...and ends up coaching for one of our biggest rivals. Wow. He sure hooked up the Queefs!!!

TDmvp
12-31-2010, 01:08 PM
KC has and will continue to have one hell of a coaching staff. I think that is the main reason that they have turned things around.

I certainly hope that we are able to hire equally as good coaches to lead our team! Maybe we should hire Mangini to be our OC? :-)

I know you are just kidding for starters , but Mangini is Defensive coordinator/coach just for the record heheh ...

TDmvp
12-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Isn't it ironic...that McD destoyed the Broncos from a personnel standpoint...and ends up coaching for one of our biggest rivals. Wow. He sure hooked up the Queefs!!!

Yea he was like the Trojan Bronco of coaches ... Get in , F stuff up and then get outski ...

http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/trojan_wooden_horse.jpg

OrangeSe7en
12-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Yea he was like the Trojan Bronco of coaches ... Get in , F stuff up and then get outski ...

http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/trojan_wooden_horse.jpg

Thankfully guys like Bowlen and Ellis were in charge to prevent those kind of shenanigans.

Dagmar
12-31-2010, 02:38 PM
mortreport (http://twitter.com/#%21/mortreport) Chris Mortensen
On Weis, also have updated to report his exit was inevitable. Haley had strong oversight w offense & Cassel. Weis wants autonomy.

No McD surely then?

broncosteven
12-31-2010, 02:42 PM
i wonder if certain people here will be rooting for kc now?

lol

Miss I.
12-31-2010, 02:49 PM

Has he been hired yet? You talk as though the offer has been made. Please provide a link. Otherwise, I do not believe Haley would hire McD as his OC.

strafen
12-31-2010, 02:56 PM
The good thing is we don't need to worry about chief's running game..

Ouch! lol! ROFL!

strafen
12-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Has he been hired yet? You talk as though the offer has been made. Please provide a link. Otherwise, I do not believe Haley would hire McD as his OC.

Correct word is WORK with him as his OC

Miss I.
12-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Correct word is WORK with him as his OC

Fine, whatever you say Chief. would not Work with him. Happy New Year to you too.

Rohirrim
12-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Why? Because Haley is a total asshole.

footstepsfrom#27
12-31-2010, 05:25 PM
He and Pioli don't get along...this seems unlikely.

KipCorrington25
12-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Please let McCheat go to KC that would be amazing good fortune for us!

strafen
12-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Fine, whatever you say Chief. would not Work with him. Happy New Year to you too.Relax. It wasn't meant to take a shot at you by any means...
Just about everybody here knew what I meant...

Happy New Year! and I mean it! ;)

tsiguy96
12-31-2010, 06:45 PM
this could be a bad mistake for denver. no denying his OC ability, even fi you want to try.

Houshyamama
12-31-2010, 06:49 PM

You have strange logic. Actually... do you use it?

Jay3
12-31-2010, 07:00 PM
This will help Florida to recruit quarterbacks -- they can say "we no longer run that offense that puts out horrible pro quarterbacks like Tebow. I developed Brady Quinn!"

Hulamau
12-31-2010, 07:02 PM

'We never seem to struggle against NE' ??? You mean Shanny and McD didnt struggle...

Don't count on the next HC having as much luck against NE/McD style of offense. McD as OC at KC does us no favors at all. Those of you who all along thought Josh was a terrible coach, are just as wrong now as you were then.

He wasnt quite ready for the full enchilada as HC AND defacto GM, but Josh is an excellent Offensive coordinator/QB coach, particularly when those are his only responsibilites.

Thinking otherwise reveals lame football knowledge and is just plain foolish.

broncosteven
12-31-2010, 07:17 PM
this could be a bad mistake for denver. no denying his OC ability, even fi you want to try.

Just think of it this way, if mCd sign's on as KFC's OC then Charles and Jones will get 10 carries each while mCd keeps trying to have Cassel Chucking it deep to Bowe (or CiDtB). That would be win win for us.

broncosteven
12-31-2010, 07:22 PM
'We never seem to struggle against NE' ??? You mean Shanny and McD didnt struggle...

Don't count on the next HC having as much luck against NE/McD style of offense. McD as OC at KC does us no favors at all. Those of you who all along thought Josh was a terrible coach, are just as wrong now as you were then.

He wasnt quite ready for the full enchilada as HC AND defacto GM, but Josh is an excellent Offensive coordinator/QB coach, particularly when those are his only responsibilites.

Thinking otherwise reveals lame football knowledge and is just plain foolish.

He is a very good QB coach and evaluator of WR's and understands the passing game very well, he still has not shown to be a complete OC who understands how to integrate the run game.

He had to have John Elway point out that it might be a good idea to script plays.

He admitted in a presser that he thought in-game adjustments are overrated.

He has a long way to go to deserve another HC/GM shot like he got here. I am guessing before he gets that he will need to be able to prove he can gameplan better and not downplay the importance of in-game adjustments.

That said I do think in another 5-8 years he will be at the top of his profession IF he learns from his mistakes and how to work with his players rather than against them.

UberBroncoMan
12-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Hoping Josh ends up in Cleavland and Romeo ditches KC as well. KC was literally carried by the coaching and play calling of Weis and Romeo this year. As for fearing Josh in KC. He is an amazing OC, and with him ONLY focusing on that each week I'd see him doing amazing thing for them. Luckily though he wants to be a HC again, so that would only last as long as his next HC gig.

Archedamian
12-31-2010, 08:21 PM
I wonder if the possibility of a lockout next year might also be a factor as to why he is leaving the NFL and going back to coaching at the college level.

snowspot66
12-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Just think of it this way, if mCd sign's on as KFC's OC then Charles and Jones will get 10 carries each while mCd keeps trying to have Cassel Chucking it deep to Bowe (or CiDtB). That would be win win for us.

Except that this is the first year a McDaniels offense has ever sucked at running the ball.

TonyR
01-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Except that this is the first year a McDaniels offense has ever sucked at running the ball.

Yup, I think the personnel problems are bigger than the coaching problems in Denver. For example, a lot of people rip on McCoy and say how incompetent and awful he is and yet I've read elsewhere that he is very well respected and that Carolina could very possibly bring him back in some capacity including possibly as head coach. Check this out:

I also would not be surprised to see the Browns take a run at Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. McCoy's role in Denver could change given the uncertainty at head coach, and if the Browns go with a defensive coach like Fox (or Leslie Frazier), as many expect, then Mike Holmgren could prefer a younger offensive mind like McCoy, to work with him on the offensive side. McCoy also has strong ties to the Panthers, and I could see him getting serious consideration there for the head coaching job. ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d4cdcd/article/improving-offense-earns-bears-newfound-respect?module=HP_spotlight

OrangeSe7en
01-01-2011, 09:41 AM

Thats not correct but believe what you want.

TheReverend
01-01-2011, 10:08 AM
McD is NOT going to the Chiefs. There's literally no way in hell he could coexist with Haley who is a strong personality and wants to control large portions of his own offense

strafen
01-01-2011, 10:10 AM
McD is NOT going to the Chiefs. There's literally no way in hell he could coexist with Haley who is a strong personality and wants to control large portions of his own offenseI agree. McD would pretty much be his biatch. Haley's got a mean streak...