PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak/Phillips

MABroncoFan
12-30-2010, 10:34 PM
rotoworld.com...

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain seconds an NFL Network report that "indications" are owner Bob McNair will keep Gary Kubiak as head coach while hiring Wade Phillips to run the defense.

According to McClain, only an unexpected blowout at the hands of the Jaguars would case McNair to have "an 11th-hour change of heart." It sounds like it's been decided and all but officially announced. McNair believes in Kubiak's offensive touch, but he's bringing in Phillips to improve the defense "dramatically." Phillips and Kubiak have worked together before, and Phillips' track record is much better than Kubiak's two previous defensive bosses. It's an arrangement that makes plenty of sense.
Source: Houston Chronicle

lostknight
12-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Damn. I really would have loved to see this combo in Denver.

_Oro_
12-30-2010, 10:43 PM
+1

SoCalBronco
12-30-2010, 10:44 PM
damn. I really would have loved to see this combo in denver.

qft

HAT
http://www.christiangiftshop.ca/Wooden/Hallelujah.jpg

Mr.Meanie
rotoworld.com...

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain seconds an NFL Network report that "indications" are owner Bob McNair will keep Gary Kubiak as head coach while hiring Wade Phillips to run the defense.

According to McClain, only an unexpected blowout at the hands of the Jaguars would case McNair to have "an 11th-hour change of heart." It sounds like it's been decided and all but officially announced. McNair believes in Kubiak's offensive touch, but he's bringing in Phillips to improve the defense "dramatically." Phillips and Kubiak have worked together before, and Phillips' track record is much better than Kubiak's two previous defensive bosses. It's an arrangement that makes plenty of sense.
Source: Houston Chronicle

dammit, I was hoping for Phillips as DC

bowtown
12-30-2010, 11:10 PM
That will be a very good pair. I'm glad that it won't be here though.

Hamrob
12-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Our HC will be Fassel. Yuk!

I just hope we get rid of Wink the Dink and bring in a better DC.

Fox, Lewis, Singletary, Del Rio to name a few that should be available.

bowtown
12-30-2010, 11:19 PM

I really hope that you are wrong. I'd rather have Fox than Fassel, and I'm not thrilled with Fox, especially since it probably means McCoy stays.

cutthemdown
12-30-2010, 11:20 PM
I really wanted both of them here. I think that Kubiak could make a potent offense for Tebow just based around a lot of what they did with Plummer. Except Tebows running would really make it more potent, especially in the redzone.

Jim Fassal wouldn't really be very exciting. He's a good coach though.

Bronco Yoda
12-30-2010, 11:21 PM

No. A very nice person with Bronco history. But still....no. Please no.

bowtown
12-30-2010, 11:33 PM
No. A very nice person with Bronco history. But still....no. Please no.

Yep, I'd prefer not to dabble in the sentimentailty of the past and move on to a new chapter of Broncos football. Although ultimately a failure, that was one of the things I liked about McDaniels. I like change and I like the excitement of what new coaches and systems can bring to our team. I want so badly for our defese to be dominant again... smothering dominant. Let's move on and find a new (or at least 20 years new) kind of Broncos. I want to stop wishing for Elway and to start worshiping a Gradishar and a brand new Orange Cush. I'm not interested in faces from the past, just because they are from the past and feel comfortable (excluding Rod Smith and Elway of course :)). D-E-F-E-N-C-E. And not Wade, he's not nasty enough. I want a Spags... a Ryan..a... a... a Nolan. That's it. I want Nolan. Should I go to bed now?

outdoor_miner
12-30-2010, 11:52 PM
I want so badly for our defese to be dominant again... smothering dominant. Let's move on and find a new (or at least 20 years new) kind of Broncos. I want to stop wishing for Elway and to start worshiping a Gradishar and a brand new Orange Cush.

I think Tebow may be the perfect QB to pair with a nasty defense. The whole team would be physical and intense. I like it! :strong:

bowtown
12-31-2010, 12:01 AM
I think Tebow may be the perfect QB to pair with a nasty defense. The whole team would be physical and intense. I like it! :strong:

Nervously agree. I don't know how long Tebow will hold up being as physical and intense as he is going to want to be. Problem is, if you pull back on that you cripple him of maybe his most valuable asset. Tebow has done a great job of winning me over, but I still have a lot of concerns about whether his type of QB can thrive, but mostly survive in the NFL.

BigPlayShay
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Wade officially hired by Texans:

http://twitter.com/#!/McClain_on_NFL

The Texans have hired Wade Phillips as their defensive coordinator.

Phillips spent much of Wednesday interviewing with Gary Kubiak. He will be Kubiak's third DC behind Richard Smith and Frank Bush.

The Texans will switch to a 3-4. Phillips will use Mario Williams like he used Bruce Smith, who had 65 sacks in 6 seasons under him.

tsiguy96
01-05-2011, 03:39 PM
the kubiak/shanahan resemblance is scary

bronco militia
01-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Wade officially hired by Texans:

http://twitter.com/#!/McClain_on_NFL

The Texans have hired Wade Phillips as their defensive coordinator.

Phillips spent much of Wednesday interviewing with Gary Kubiak. He will be Kubiak's third DC behind Richard Smith and Frank Bush.

The Texans will switch to a 3-4. Phillips will use Mario Williams like he used Bruce Smith, who had 65 sacks in 6 seasons under him.

do they have a NT?

frerottenextelway
01-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Glad Kubes got another chance (that he probably didn't deserve). Hopefully with Phillips he can do something special.

Hogan11
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Oh great, here comes the resurgance of all that "Denver south" crap again

Mile High Shack
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure Mario Williams is made for a 3-4 defense

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Nice combo for the Texans, I hope it works out and they win the AFCS and beat the colts silly on a regular basis... I'm so sick of Manning and his egg head...

Pick Six
01-05-2011, 03:58 PM
the kubiak/shanahan resemblance is scary

Neither one of them know how to build and run a defense?

broncofan2438
01-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Nice for the Texans. Too bad we cant grab a decent DC to help this mess

tsiguy96
01-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Neither one of them know how to build and run a defense?

and to cover it up they keep firing DC.

kupesdad
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I think the hiring oF Elway should satisfy anyone that believes that we need to have someone familiar with the Broncos' "system". Going forward, we need a coach that has a strong background defensively or will go after the best DC around. MY preference would have an offensive guy as HC because we will need to be very creative at first to utilize Tebow's abilities until he gets more comfortable in the pocket. Right now our passing game is UGLY. His mechanics and release scare me. After we get the HC hired we need to get the best guy available for DC and draft defensively and look for some more Off Linemen.. for starters and/or depth. This is MY opinion only and does not reflect anyone else I may know... my wife is a football genius:approve:

elsid13
01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I think the hiring oF Elway should satisfy anyone that believes that we need to have someone familiar with the Broncos' "system". Going forward, we need a coach that has a strong background defensively or will go after the best DC around. MY preference would have an offensive guy as HC because we will need to be very creative at first to utilize Tebow's abilities until he gets more comfortable in the pocket. Right now our passing game is UGLY. His mechanics and release scare me. After we get the HC hired we need to get the best guy available for DC and draft defensively and look for some more Off Linemen.. for starters and/or depth. This is MY opinion only and does not reflect anyone else I may know... my wife is a football genius:approve:

Thanks. Does your son need any off season surgery or is he relatively healthy?

kupesdad
01-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks. Does your son need any off season surgery or is he relatively healthy?

He is in good shape- He is in Las Vegas with the other Linemen and the QB's for their annual get-together.

2KBack
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
He is in good shape- He is in Las Vegas with the other Linemen and the QB's for their annual get-together.

ALL the QB's? I get the feeling Tebow might be a little lost in Sin City

broncogary
01-05-2011, 06:13 PM
do they have a NT?

Not that I'm aware of. They will need to find one as their biggest DT is only a little over 300, unless Frank Okam is still on the team, and he doesn't have a big motor.

kupesdad
01-05-2011, 06:35 PM
ALL the QB's? I get the feeling Tebow might be a little lost in Sin City

I don't think Tim made the trip

bowtown
01-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Busy practicing his knots no doubt.

2KBack
01-05-2011, 06:41 PM

HA! I figured. I love hearing that the oline takes trips together though. If it's one place unity is important it is on that line. Do the new guys like Walton and Beadles participate, do you know?

Thanks for being an awesome insight by the way. I get a kick out of it whenever I see you post.

elsid13
01-05-2011, 07:08 PM

King Neckbeard is Vegas. That could be epic.

Rohirrim
01-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Busy practicing his knots no doubt.

Hey! No making fun. It is an eagle badge, after all.

Kaylore
01-05-2011, 07:20 PM
rotoworld.com...

Yippee Kai-yay!

http://www.film.ru/img/shots/die_hard.jpg

CEH
01-05-2011, 07:43 PM

I assume Clady and your son are not on the upgrade list. Harris is a FA but I see nothing wrong with him at RT.

Makes me conclude you are talking the two rookies.

But I've been told here that replacing players with younger players means you are better.

Hmmm interesting