PDA

View Full Version : 100 Car Pileup in ND

Sassy
12-30-2010, 02:23 PM
http://www.valleynewslive.com/Global/story.asp?S=13756689

Be careful out there...no matter where the weather is!

Requiem
12-30-2010, 02:25 PM
I hope everyone is safe and OK. It is absolutely crazy outside right now in Fargo. I want to walk to the gas station just a block and half from here, but I'm afraid I'd get blown away!

Sassy
12-30-2010, 02:28 PM
I went out to shovel the drift on my front walk...pure ice underneath.

Ryan and Sarah (Missing7 and wife) I hope you are safe at home instead of driving to Denver! It's not worth it.

Gort
12-30-2010, 02:29 PM
heavy snow between Colorado Springs and Denver right now and gonna be really cold tonight... really cold... as in frigid... as in Hillary after the world found out Bubba was getting Lewinskys in the oval office.

Requiem
12-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Hope you are staying warm and safe, Sassy. I think I'm gonna brave it and walk to the station right now to grab some smokes.

baja
12-30-2010, 02:37 PM
I did t think they had a 100 cars in ND

Quoydogs
12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Did you see the car seat in the road ? I wonder if someone was thrown out or if it was in the back of that truck.

Sassy
12-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Hope you are staying warm and safe, Sassy. I think I'm gonna brave it and walk to the station right now to grab some smokes.

Yes...I'm home. Parents are in Billings , MT until tomorrow...hope it gets better there :( (Traveling to Sidney, MT for Grandma's 90th bday). So I am concerned about them.

orange crusher
12-30-2010, 02:54 PM

-or- people for that matter!

(just a friendly joke for my friends to the north)

baja
12-30-2010, 03:11 PM
-or- people for that matter!

(just a friendly joke for my friends to the north)

It's my kinda place, except for the cold that is.

ColoradoDarin
12-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Going to the Gatorbowl on Sat (my buddy is a Miss State fan), forecast is for sun and 75 degrees. I'll be sure to think of everybody. Be safe out there.

BroncosMT
12-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Yes...I'm home. Parents are in Billings , MT until tomorrow...hope it gets better there :( (Traveling to Sidney, MT for Grandma's 90th bday). So I am concerned about them.

I live in MT and its been nothing but a dang blizzard here for the past two days.....at least a fott and a half of snow....it has been miserable....I hope they travel safe

Doggcow
12-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Just drove 300 miles yesterday, last 50 were "Blizzard" conditions. It sucks ass not being able to see where the road actually is, and just trying to follow the street signs as they come. (Not a big highway, just 2 lanes, one each direction)

Brewer
12-30-2010, 03:24 PM
heavy snow between Colorado Springs and Denver right now and gonna be really cold tonight... really cold... as in frigid... as in Hillary after the world found out Bubba was getting Lewinskys in the oval office.

Wow. That's quite rugged of you. Not like it's going to get even remotely close to as cold as you described it. Are you another Texan who came to Colorado so that you could complain about it? Sack up, man, it's winter time in Colorado. You're not even in the mountains. And I thank you for that, by the way. Hilarious!

Sassy
12-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Missing and Sarah are leaving tonight from Bismarck to Denver...safe travels guys! I think you are both crazy though! ;D

Gort
12-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Wow. That's quite rugged of you. Not like it's going to get even remotely close to as cold as you described it. Are you another Texan who came to Colorado so that you could complain about it? Sack up, man, it's winter time in Colorado. You're not even in the mountains. And I thank you for that, by the way. Hilarious!

ok, i admit it. i used "frigid" as a setup for my Hillary joke. you got me.

still... i consider below 0 to more than just "cold". what is between "cold" and "frigid" on your thermometer? tonight, at around 3AM and lasting until 9AM, it's supposed to be 0 or lower here (not counting wind chill). i'm not in the mountains, but i am at 7500 feet. do i get any credit for that?

also, i'm not from Texas, not that there's anything wrong with that.

:~ohyah!:

SpringStein
12-30-2010, 03:38 PM
ok, i admit it. i used "frigid" as a setup for my Hillary joke. you got me.

still... i consider below 0 to more than just "cold". what is between "cold" and "frigid" on your thermometer? tonight, at around 3AM and lasting until 9AM, it's supposed to be 0 or lower here (not counting wind chill). i'm not in the mountains, but i am at 7500 feet. do i get any credit for that?

also, i'm not from Texas, not that there's anything wrong with that.

:~ohyah!:

I'm on top of Monument Hill - are you close by? Tomorrow's high is supposed to be zero. That's cold anywhere. I'm going to Russia at the end of January - maybe it will be warmer there! ;)

baja
12-30-2010, 03:41 PM

I just thought of something..... Do you suppose that is why it is called "The Oval Office" ???

baja
12-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Oral Office would have been too obvious...

TailgateNut
12-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Missing and Sarah are leaving tonight from Bismarck to Denver...safe travels guys! I think you are both crazy though! ;D

Big mistake, IMO. Forecast is for 0 and below tonight and this storm started with a sleet like mixture and then snow on top and I believe he drives that minivan. Not good..

Pony Boy
12-30-2010, 03:51 PM

I think it's was cows not cars

Gort
12-30-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm on top of Monument Hill - are you close by? Tomorrow's high is supposed to be zero. That's cold anywhere. I'm going to Russia at the end of January - maybe it will be warmer there! ;)

yep, i'm in the vicinity. woodmoor.

Gort
12-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Oral Office would have been too obvious...

yep. obvious. but accurate. so, i award you one...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Tyk40mej4g0/TQomxZlO39I/AAAAAAAADnw/GhfMA11N2tQ/s1600/bazinga.jpg

Sassy
12-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Big mistake, IMO. Forecast is for 0 and below tonight and this storm started with a sleet like mixture and then snow on top and I believe he drives that minivan. Not good..

I agree....texted Ryan a bit ago and they are still leaving tonight.
They say they will miss it that way...I say they are driving right into it. :(

Hamrob
12-30-2010, 04:33 PM
I grew up in SD and can't say I miss the winters! Moved to Colorado in Junior High and eventually New Mexico and now Texas. Yeah...as you get older, the less you want to deal with that cold! Brrrrrrrr!

Hercules Rockefeller
12-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I'd like to thank the woman that honked at me tonight as I slid through a stop sign on my way home from work. Without her honking, I never would have known that I should have actually stopped at the stop sign instead of sliding through sideways and hitting the curb, and from what it feels like, knocking the alignment off.

strafen
12-30-2010, 04:49 PM

Be careful out there...no matter where the weather is!Be safe out there.
We've also had a pile-up of an unknown scale. I've heard on the radio early afternoon, I-70 at Peoria was shutdown in both directions

TailgateNut
12-30-2010, 04:52 PM
I'd like to thank the woman that honked at me tonight as I slid through a stop sign on my way home from work. Without her honking, I never would have known that I should have actually stopped at the stop sign instead of sliding through sideways and hitting the curb, and from what it feels like, knocking the alignment off.

:giggle:

TailgateNut
12-30-2010, 04:55 PM
I agree....texted Ryan a bit ago and they are still leaving tonight.
They say they will miss it that way...I say they are driving right into it. :(

Well, you tried. Thanks. I hope they'll be OK. Lotsa black ice on nights like this!

baja
12-30-2010, 04:55 PM
I am so bored with a perfect day every single day here in Cabo. ;D There is no escaping the sunshine.

Sassy
12-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Well, you tried. Thanks. I hope they'll be OK. Lotsa black ice on nights like this!

Not worth the stress just to go to a game. IMO.

TailgateNut
12-30-2010, 04:59 PM
I am so bored with a perfect day every single day here in Cabo. ;D There is no escaping the sunshine.

That would be boring. I love the change of seasons. Get plenty of sun here. I hopped on the bike yesterday and went for a long ride. Leathers help keep the hawk under control!:~ohyah!:

Sassy
12-30-2010, 05:01 PM
They are going through Dickinson, Belfield, Spearfish, SD on the way to Gillette.

TailgateNut
12-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Not worth the stress just to go to a game. IMO.

Not worth risking your frigging life. Maybe Sarah can talk him out of it.

baja
12-30-2010, 05:02 PM
That would be boring. I love the change of seasons. Get plenty of sun here. I hopped on the bike yesterday and went for a long ride. Leathers help keep the hawk under control!:~ohyah!:

Colorado winters are great, lots of sun. Compared to Maine where I grew up it's

the Bahamas

ghwk
12-30-2010, 05:10 PM

Be careful out there...no matter where the weather is!

Just glad you weren't part of it Sass! Happy New Year!

Sassy
12-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Just glad you weren't part of it Sass! Happy New Year!

Thanks! me too!

baja
12-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks! me too!

You should come to Cabo and go fishing with Shanny and me. ;D

Sassy
12-30-2010, 05:20 PM

Hilarious!

TailgateNut
12-30-2010, 05:32 PM

....and you didn't invite me. WTF???

baja
12-30-2010, 05:35 PM
....and you didn't invite me. WTF???

You said you would get bored with all this sun. ;D

TailgateNut
12-30-2010, 05:49 PM
You said you would get bored with all this sun. ;D

Don't plan on moving there for good. Just slaying some by ass fish and maybe a bit of scuba and snorkeling.

baja
12-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Don't plan on moving there for good. Just slaying some by ass fish and maybe a bit of scuba and snorkeling.

Well you can come on down in February. You can help me show Josh McD the fishing spots here when we break in his new boat name 'Mission Accomplished". ;D

Goobzilla
12-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Maybe the NFL will reschedule the game to the week of the NFL draft.

kdissette
12-31-2010, 02:07 AM
im in fargo right now... and i had to get a ride home from work thankfully i got home...we closed down everything...theres a 4ft drift in my driveway right now....and im calling into work tmw....and im listening to adam sandler..****in wasted....yeah thats how we get down

Cmac821
12-31-2010, 09:42 AM
In Aurora for the week and it snowed quite nicely, is it all the "transplant people" that drive so bad?

oubronco
12-31-2010, 09:47 AM
70 degrees here yesterday and a nice 52 right now although the wind is a bit much and the temperature is supposed to drop later today

Chris
12-31-2010, 10:04 AM

Maine is great in the summer. Beals ftw!

missingnumber7
12-31-2010, 02:35 PM
We made it to denver about an hour ago. The roads were actually pretty good except for a couple places between Douglas and Cheyenne. We stopped in Gillette last night and left at about 9 this morning. We made good time from Gillette to Douglas, wasn't much blowing snow at all. And once we hit the CO line, just took it slow and was no problem. Thanks for everyone worrying about us though. I've driven in far worse conditions for far more questionable reasons.

It is really nice having connections all over the country for road condition reports. Being a transportation officer does have a few benefits.

Beantown Bronco
12-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Maine is great in the summer. Beals ftw!

Great in the winter too IMO. Almost dog sledding time for me.