PDA

View Full Version : Possible landing spots for Orton

SOLOKING
12-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Possible landing spots for Orton

Cincinnati- Plamer hasn't looked right all season, maybe time to move on.

Minnesota- nice team needs a QB.

Arizona- has great WR's and no QB.

Miami- Chad Henne is well Chad Henne. (I feel is most likely)

San Fran- has a good running game and nice o-line needs a QB.

Jacksonville- Could use some competition for Gerrard.

Oakland- Cambell is well Cambell

Seattle- Hasslebeck looks to be done, and Charlie has proven nothing.

Titans- If Fisher stays Young will go.

Carolina- Luck stays in school and they don't trust Jimmy.

Buffalo- I think Fitz is better then Orton.

Washington- Orton and Rex bring out the best..er...worst in each other again.

I'm sure we can get a least a 4 or 5th out of him.

broncosteven
12-30-2010, 12:15 PM
So Orton is not going to throw for 5,555 yards as a Bronco?

peacepipe
12-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Orton will land where they need a decent back-up QB

Bigdawg26
12-30-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't care where he lands as long as it's for either a 2nd or 3rd round pick!

SoDak Bronco
12-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Someone owes me 20 dollars, they bet Orton would be in the Pro Bowl this year...how can we find out who that was?

Beantown Bronco
12-30-2010, 12:18 PM
To find out what everyone else thinks, feel free to click on this link:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=95958

SOLOKING
12-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Can you imagine if Orton gets traded to Miami at the presser he will come out and say
"I taking my non talents to South Beach"

bowtown
12-30-2010, 12:21 PM

If that's true then he should just stay here. If Orton is traded, it will be to a team that views him as their starter next year.

Gutless Drunk
12-30-2010, 12:27 PM
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2010/12/hyde_trade_for_orton_or_trade.html

"The franchise has had one playoff game since then, the intoxicating 2008 season's loss to Baltimore. (* I seem to have been lucky enough to forget some of the decade as I forgot the Dolphins also got drilled by Baltimore in a playoff game in the 2001 season).

Which leads to why.

The common denominator isn't coaching as much as some point to it. When offensive coordinators Chan Gailey, Mike Mularkey and Cam Cameron (also head coach) were with the Dolphins, they were criticized. Now they have Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco at quarterback and they're being praised for their coaching.

So the Dolphins No. 1 issue is simple to see and difficult to solve. The first thing I want to hear if I'm Steve Ross from Jeff Ireland/Tony Sparano or any other potential regime is a plan at quarterback. That's been the unsolvable riddle since Dan Marino left. It's why Dave Wannstedt, Nick Saban, Cameron and this Parcells creation haven't won a playoff game in a decade.

How do you get a quarterback?

Answer: However you can.

Here are the two most obvious options this off-season:

1. Trade the No. 1 pick to Denver for Kyle Orton. This follows the bring-in-a-veteran model. Depending on the coach, Orton appears the best hope. The Dolphins almost certainly would have to overpay with a No. 1 to tempt Denver into trading him. If I'm Denver, I'm not sure what I do then. I can't count on Tim Tebow that much.

Other veteran options? Donovan McNabb is 34 and been dismissed by two quarterback-centric coaches in Andy Reid and Mike Shanahan. Kevin Kolb is more untested and raised in a West Coast offense, though the big plus with him is Reid turned the franchise over to Kolb before Michael Vick's magic carpet took off. Kolb might fit if (please, no) Jon Gruden is brought in.

Orton is 28, has started five years, has built up some good experience and scars in Chicago and Denver. He had a good working relationship with Brandon Marshall last year. The past two seasons, he's thrown 41 touchdowns against 20 interceptions and his rating is 87.2 He's not a franchise quarterback yet. Is he on the verge of being one? Having him would solve a lot of Dolphins problems.

2. Trade up for Ryan Mallet, Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert ... One criticism I've had with the Dolphins past decade is no regime seems to have developed a conviction for a quarterback. They take who falls to them. The closest was Randy Mueller, whose plan was for Ted Ginn Jr and then John Beck, just as it fell (Mueller's real problem that draft is there wasn't a great quarterback in it. Remember the furor over Brady Quinn?) Do the Dolphins insiders develop a conviction for one of these guys - and go after him?

After Sunday, we'll see just where the Dolphins are drafting, where the other teams needing quarterbacks are and have some idea of the practicality of trading up. It's a difficult proposition already since the Dolphins don't have a second-round pick. And it's hard to play out with much certainty still considering Stanford's Andrew Luck, who would be the first quarterback taken, hasn't shown an intention of declaring for the draft.

3. Hold the pick and take whoever is there. Maybe everyone will be there. That's unlikely considering the number of teams needing a QB ahead of the Dolphins. But there are enough quarterbacks that with the Dolphins drafting in the Top 15 that someone probably will be there. The question is, again, do they have a conviction for that quarterback or is he just another hope.

I'm no draftnik, and haven't watched Jake Locker much. But his drop in public discussions intrigues me. Yet Scouts Inc. still has Locker rated the third-best QB (and 23rd-best player) behind Luck and Gabbert. Newton, meanwhile, is rated 29th and Mallett is 31st.

If Luck comes out, this has the potential for a deep draft of QBs. That's the good news. The realistic news is half won't be the player people draft them to be. The hard part is deciphering which ones and, near as I can tell from talking to people whose jobs depend on such things, it's a coin flip. Lots of luck.That's why it's the toughest position to fill in sports - and the one the Dolphins haven't in a decade."

SOLOKING
12-30-2010, 12:29 PM
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2010/12/hyde_trade_for_orton_or_trade.html

"The franchise has had one playoff game since then, the intoxicating 2008 season's loss to Baltimore. (* I seem to have been lucky enough to forget some of the decade as I forgot the Dolphins also got drilled by Baltimore in a playoff game in the 2001 season).

Which leads to why.

The common denominator isn't coaching as much as some point to it. When offensive coordinators Chan Gailey, Mike Mularkey and Cam Cameron (also head coach) were with the Dolphins, they were criticized. Now they have Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco at quarterback and they're being praised for their coaching.

So the Dolphins No. 1 issue is simple to see and difficult to solve. The first thing I want to hear if I'm Steve Ross from Jeff Ireland/Tony Sparano or any other potential regime is a plan at quarterback. That's been the unsolvable riddle since Dan Marino left. It's why Dave Wannstedt, Nick Saban, Cameron and this Parcells creation haven't won a playoff game in a decade.

How do you get a quarterback?

Answer: However you can.

1. Trade the No. 1 pick to Denver for Kyle Orton. This follows the bring-in-a-veteran model. Depending on the coach, Orton appears the best hope. The Dolphins almost certainly would have to overpay with a No. 1 to tempt Denver into trading him. If I'm Denver, I'm not sure what I do then. I can't count on Tim Tebow that much.

Other veteran options? Donovan McNabb is 34 and been dismissed by two quarterback-centric coaches in Andy Reid and Mike Shanahan. Kevin Kolb is more untested and raised in a West Coast offense, though the big plus with him is Reid turned the franchise over to Kolb before Michael Vick's magic carpet took off. Kolb might fit if (please, no) Jon Gruden is brought in.

Orton is 28, has started five years, has built up some good experience and scars in Chicago and Denver. He had a good working relationship with Brandon Marshall last year. The past two seasons, he's thrown 41 touchdowns against 20 interceptions and his rating is 87.2 He's not a franchise quarterback yet. Is he on the verge of being one? Having him would solve a lot of Dolphins problems.

2. Trade up for Ryan Mallet, Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert ... One criticism I've had with the Dolphins past decade is no regime seems to have developed a conviction for a quarterback. They take who falls to them. The closest was Randy Mueller, whose plan was for Ted Ginn Jr and then John Beck, just as it fell (Mueller's real problem that draft is there wasn't a great quarterback in it. Remember the furor over Brady Quinn?) Do the Dolphins insiders develop a conviction for one of these guys - and go after him?

After Sunday, we'll see just where the Dolphins are drafting, where the other teams needing quarterbacks are and have some idea of the practicality of trading up. It's a difficult proposition already since the Dolphins don't have a second-round pick. And it's hard to play out with much certainty still considering Stanford's Andrew Luck, who would be the first quarterback taken, hasn't shown an intention of declaring for the draft.

3. Hold the pick and take whoever is there. Maybe everyone will be there. That's unlikely considering the number of teams needing a QB ahead of the Dolphins. But there are enough quarterbacks that with the Dolphins drafting in the Top 15 that someone probably will be there. The question is, again, do they have a conviction for that quarterback or is he just another hope.

I'm no draftnik, and haven't watched Jake Locker much. But his drop in public discussions intrigues me. Yet Scouts Inc. still has Locker rated the third-best QB (and 23rd-best player) behind Luck and Gabbert. Newton, meanwhile, is rated 29th and Mallett is 31st.

If Luck comes out, this has the potential for a deep draft of QBs. That's the good news. The realistic news is half won't be the player people draft them to be. The hard part is deciphering which ones and, near as I can tell from talking to people whose jobs depend on such things, it's a coin flip. Lots of luck.That's why it's the toughest position to fill in sports - and the one the Dolphins haven't in a decade."

A first for Orton! This writer is crazy! A 3rd or 4th would be fine with me!

Beantown Bronco
12-30-2010, 12:39 PM

That IS pretty crazy. Even if we had to give them back their original 2nd that they gave to us for Marshall, I'd probably be ok with that. Maybe we could swing a deal that could get us back into one of the later rounds....

Orton + the "Marshall 2nd rounder"
for
Miami's 1st and 4th or 5th

elsid13
12-30-2010, 12:48 PM
When did Miami hire McDaniels?

Houshyamama
12-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Let's not lose our minds here... a 1st??

I honestly think we can get a second out of him, but a 1st? That's stretching it.

Missouribronc
12-30-2010, 12:52 PM
I lost in the Divisional round of playoffs in Madden last night. I should have...

Oh, wait, this isn't a gaming thread?

SOLOKING
12-30-2010, 12:54 PM
That IS pretty crazy. Even if we had to give them back their original 2nd that they gave to us for Marshall, I'd probably be ok with that. Maybe we could swing a deal that could get us back into one of the later rounds....

for

That would work for me!

Chris
12-30-2010, 12:58 PM
The more I look at the needs of some teams the more I think they will be tempted to overpay for Orton. I see a 3rd in our future...possibly even a 2nd if we can play off his poor play to close the year as injury related.

Tombstone RJ
12-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Orton to Niners for their 4th round pick.

bronco_diesel
12-30-2010, 01:03 PM
When did Miami hire McDaniels?

I heard yesterday he would be a hot candidate for OC in Miami...

SOLOKING
12-30-2010, 01:04 PM
The more I look at the needs of some teams the more I think they will be tempted to overpay for Orton. I see a 3rd in our future...possibly even a 2nd if we can play off his poor play to close the year as injury related.

I agree but I wish they would have pulled him out of the KC game and sat him for the rest of the year. He kinda killed his trade value with his performances against KC and AZ!!

elsid13
12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
I heard yesterday he would be a hot candidate for OC in Miami...

That makes it potential for the next Hard Knocks with Marshall and Nolan being there.

Beantown Bronco
12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Let's not lose our minds here... a 1st??

I honestly think we can get a second out of him, but a 1st? That's stretching it.

For what it's worth, that idea is not coming from a Mane poster. It's coming from a very respected sportswriter for the Miami Sun Sentinel.

DAVE HYDE finished second in 2009 in voting for the nation’s top sports columnists by the Associated Press Sports Editors. It was the third time in four years he has finished second in the country in APSE voting for either column or sports feature writing. He has placed 13 times in the Top 10 of APSE writing categories in his career, including a first for investigative work. His writing has been featured in the “Best American Sports Writing” anthology and he has authored “Still Perfect: The Untold Story of the 1972 Miami Dolphins” and "1968: The Year That Saved Ohio State Football.” He worked for Miami Herald before coming to the Sun Sentinel in 1990.

Dedhed
12-30-2010, 01:09 PM

Cincinnati- Plamer hasn't looked right all season, maybe time to move on.Orton isn't an upgrade over Palmer despite his downfall. If they make a move away from Palmer it will be for a young QBOTF.

Minnesota- nice team needs a QB.Agree.

Arizona- has great WR's and no QB.Hmm...possible, but I think they're going to move forward with Skelton.

Miami- Chad Henne is well Chad Henne. (I feel is most likely)Agree

San Fran- has a good running game and nice o-line needs a QB.Probably a front runner, imo, to seriously look at a guy like Orton.

Jacksonville- Could use some competition for Gerrard.Doubtful they would bring in a journeyman QB to compete.

Oakland- Cambell is well CambellDoubt we would ship him within the division.

Seattle- Hasslebeck looks to be done, and Charlie has proven nothing.Agree, but doubtful they bring in a journeyman.

Titans- If Fisher stays Young will go.Doubtful that Fisher will be in Tennessee.

Carolina- Luck stays in school and they don't trust Jimmy.Doubt Luck stays in school or that they would target a journeyman.

Buffalo- I think Fitz is better then Orton.Not gonna happen.

Washington- Orton and Rex bring out the best..er...worst in each other again.No.

I don't think there is a wide market for Orton, but I still think we might land a 3rd or 4th for him.

Houshyamama
12-30-2010, 01:13 PM
For what it's worth, that idea is not coming from a Mane poster. It's coming from a very respected sportswriter for the Miami Sun Sentinel.

DAVE HYDE finished second in 2009 in voting for the nation’s top sports columnists by the Associated Press Sports Editors. It was the third time in four years he has finished second in the country in APSE voting for either column or sports feature writing. He has placed 13 times in the Top 10 of APSE writing categories in his career, including a first for investigative work. His writing has been featured in the “Best American Sports Writing” anthology and he has authored “Still Perfect: The Untold Story of the 1972 Miami Dolphins” and "1968: The Year That Saved Ohio State Football.” He worked for Miami Herald before coming to the Sun Sentinel in 1990.

I hear you, and I have more hope than most here for substantial compensation when he gets traded. I suppose I am merely attempting to temper my expectations.

But if you needed a QB, would you trade a mid-1st for him?

Not I.

mkporter
12-30-2010, 01:22 PM

If you are Denver, you jump on that like Jamarcus on a ham sandwich

Beantown Bronco
12-30-2010, 01:22 PM
I hear you, and I have more hope than most here for substantial compensation when he gets traded. I suppose I am merely attempting to temper my expectations.

But if you needed a QB, would you trade a mid-1st for him?

Not I.

With a top 5 defense and a significantly better running game than Denver has right now, they COULD view Orton as the short term solution in a "win now or else" NFL. Obviously, if they're looking more long-term, they'll have a decent pick in the first round to potentially nab one.....but maybe not, if they don't all declare or if there's an early run on them. It'll be tough for Miami without that 2nd rounder. They really can't move up in the first to make a move without sacrificing either their entire 2011 draft or their 2012 first rounder.

oubronco
12-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Minnesota will go with Webb before they trade for Orton

cutthemdown
12-30-2010, 01:26 PM

Name one other starting QB who got traded for a 4th round pick? I can't think of any. Qbs are valuable and even average starting qbs can usually get at least a 3rd I would think.

I can't remember any qbs going for a 4th recently but I could be wrong.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-30-2010, 02:04 PM

Cincinnati- Plamer hasn't looked right all season, maybe time to move on.

Minnesota- nice team needs a QB.

Arizona- has great WR's and no QB.

Miami- Chad Henne is well Chad Henne. (I feel is most likely)

San Fran- has a good running game and nice o-line needs a QB.

Jacksonville- Could use some competition for Gerrard.

Oakland- Cambell is well Cambell

Seattle- Hasslebeck looks to be done, and Charlie has proven nothing.

Titans- If Fisher stays Young will go.

Carolina- Luck stays in school and they don't trust Jimmy.

Buffalo- I think Fitz is better then Orton.

Washington- Orton and Rex bring out the best..er...worst in each other again.

I'm sure we can get a least a 4 or 5th out of him.

Great list!

But the most likely are teams that are disparate to win now and have crap for QB's

That makes Vikings, Dolphins, and Bills. And anyone of them would give atleast a 2nd for Orton.

TonyR
12-30-2010, 02:13 PM

2. Trade up for Ryan Mallet, Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert ...

If I'm running things in Miami I consider going with whichever out of Mallet, Newton, Gabbert, or Locker falls to you before trading the pick to Denver for Orton. And I'm going after Kolb before Orton. But that's just me.

Regardless, reading this makes me think we can actually get a 2nd rounder for him.

BroncoInferno
12-30-2010, 02:20 PM
And I'm going after Kolb before Orton. But that's just me.

Why? Kolb started 4 games this season and didn't look better than Orton on a far better team.

TonyR
12-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Why? Kolb started 4 games this season and didn't look better than Orton on a far better team.

I just think we know what Orton is. I'd take a shot on a guy with more upside for the same compensation. Reid and the Eagles are very good talent evaluators and they were so confident in Kolb that they traded McNabb within the division. They only went with Vick because how could they not after the way he performed?

Requiem
12-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Take anything you can get for Orton, whether that is moving him with another pick to move up in the draft or accumulating something that seems logical and respectable (3rd or 4th). If a 3rd or 4th was offered, I'd take it. I don't think we could do any better than those to possible outcomes.

Tombstone RJ
12-30-2010, 03:11 PM
I think many peeps here are over valuing Orton. He had a nice year in a QB friendly system but he didn't really do anything that warrants a 1st, 2nd or even a 3rd round draft pick. If the Broncos could trade him for a 4th and a 7th that would be swell. Throw in a bag of chips and if I'm Xanders, I say "let's make a deal!"

strafen
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
x1000

Requiem
12-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Perhaps a third is too much, but it isn't too much for a team like the Vikings who aren't far away from contention or a team in the draft who misses out on Luck, Mallet, Locker or any of their other highly ranked value prospects. A lot of it will depend on how the coaching changes shake out league-wide. There might be some bad teams out there, like Buffalo or San Francisco who would much rather flip Orton for a mid-round selection than risk selecting a QB with a high pick when they can get an impact player at those selections and still acquire a signal caller.

Tombstone RJ
12-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Perhaps a third is too much, but it isn't too much for a team like the Vikings who aren't far away from contention or a team in the draft who misses out on Luck, Mallet, Locker or any of their other highly ranked value prospects. A lot of it will depend on how the coaching changes shake out league-wide. There might be some bad teams out there, like Buffalo or San Francisco who would much rather flip Orton for a mid-round selection than risk selecting a QB with a high pick when they can get an impact player at those selections and still acquire a signal caller.

Orton really is perfect for what the Niners need. They need to draft or trade for a young QB and they need an interim guy who won't lose games via INTs, that's Orton. He's the type of QB who doesn't create waves and he is a vet.

snowspot66
12-30-2010, 03:23 PM
I think the Vikings are an excellent possibility. That team needs a QB that won't **** up. It already has a good defense and running game. Orton has proven he can throw the ball well and not turn it over. I can easily see the Vikings give up a 3rd for Orton if they don't get a big name guy in the first.

Tombstone RJ
12-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Maybe Joe Webb had beginners luck or something, but he looked great Tuesday night. The Vikes would be smart to bring Orton in and let Webb develop behind him. I'd trade T. Jackson and concentrate on Webb while Orton man's the ship.

broncosteven
12-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Maybe Joe Webb had beginners luck or something, but he looked great Tuesday night. The Vikes would be smart to bring Orton in and let Webb develop behind him. I'd trade T. Jackson and concentrate on Webb while Orton man's the ship.

Webb didn't look much different that Tebow except he has a stronger arm.

If I were the Vikes starting over with a new HC I would stay with Webb and get a vet backup, Orton would be a good fit if he was willing to be a backup.

It would be smart for us to have a good backup or 2 should Tebow take another shot to the ribs so it would be nice to keep Kyle around if he wouldn't mind riding the pine again like he did in Chi-town.

There seems to be the new school of young QB's who are very mobile and can make enough throws. If the play breaks down or the 1st read isn't there they can take off and run.

BroncoInferno
12-30-2010, 03:44 PM
I think the Vikings are an excellent possibility. That team needs a QB that won't **** up. It already has a good defense and running game. Orton has proven he can throw the ball well and not turn it over. I can easily see the Vikings give up a 3rd for Orton if they don't get a big name guy in the first.

I agree that they are a very good possibility and an excellent fit for Orton, but they could not offer a 3rd because they traded theirs to New England for Moss. I am with those who think a 3rd or a 4th is about the best we could do for Orton. I could see an outside chance of the Vikes ratcheting it up to a 2nd if they feel desperate enough to win now. Even if they draft a QB early, they aren't going to want to start a rookie on a veteran team built to win now, and Orton would obviously be an upgrade over Jackson. They'd probably have to get creative though. Like, say, a 5th this season and a 3rd in 2012. Or maybe a 4th and a player. Who knows. I'd say Kyle's value in the 3rd or 4th round range, though.

Hamrob
12-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Isn't he due for a $2m bonus the first day of the 2011 NFL year? I'm not sure when that actually occurs (June)?

In any regard, the Broncos won't pay that bonus to Orton. So, unless someone just wants to give a pick away...he will be cut and can sign with anyone he wants.

If someone really does want him and doesn't want competition (really?), then they could get him for a 3rd/4th rounder. Or, they could trade us the #24 pick for the #34 pick...something like that.

OrangeSe7en
12-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Id take Minnesota's 3rd provided they throw in Toby Gerhart. He may be no Peyton Hillis but its worth a shot.

Gutless Drunk
12-30-2010, 04:25 PM
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/12/video-bonus-miami-dolphins-brandon-marshall-calls-out-chad-henne.html

Bmarsh chimes in:

"Finally, he said it.

Hallelujah!

Just give Brandon Marshall the damn ball!!!

After toeing the company line all season in his mildly disappointing debut with the Miami Dolphins, Marshall admitted Thursday he’s “not sure” if he and quarterback Chad Henne can become a great combo in 2011.

“We had some opportunities this year to get it done and we didn’t do that,” Marshall said. “I guess we have to evaluate what we’ve done this year and see where we can improve and see if we can become good before we can become great.”

And Marshall, whose string of 100-catch seasons will likely end at three, also seemed to issue a vote of no-confidence in offensive coordinator Dan Henning (“I don’t make those decisions”) while fully endorsing Tony Sparano (“Awesome”).

When told Henning recently said Marshall’s output remains in the 11.5-yard average area he’s typically posted in the past — actually Marshall’s average has dropped from 15.5 as a rookie to 13.0, 12.2, 11.1 and this year’s 11.3 — the receiver seemed to disagree that was his ceiling.

“I wouldn’t place that stigma on me: ‘That’s my history,’ ” Marshall said. “Put in the right situation, I’m sure I can be a guy to average 15-16 yards a catch. I don’t see why not. Just throw it up, and I’ll go get it. I don’t care if there’s one guy on me or two guys on me. There’s no excuse for that. Just got to take advantage of what I’m blessed with, my body and my ability.”

His advice to “Checkdown Chad” Henne?

“Just got to let it go, you know?” Marshall said. “Don’t worry about the consequences. Just throw it up and see what happens. Throw a pick or whatever. Let’s live and die by it. We want to play smart football and we want to be consistent, but at the same time if you look at what teams do with Roddy White [Falcons], Calvin Johnson [Lions], that’s something I’m used to in the past. Just guys believing in me.

“You make plays like that, you build confidence in each other, you get a little snowball effect. We didn’t get that this year, and it’s disappointing.”

How about Kyle Orton? With Tim Tebow’s rise, Marshall’s former Broncos QB (for 2009) could be on the move this offseason. I asked Marshall how he enjoyed working with Orton, who helped him set an NFL record with 21 catches (for 200 yards and two TDs) on Dec. 13, 2009 at Indianapolis.

His answer was surprisingly lukewarm, but it also left little doubt as to the pecking order of his favorite QBs so far.

“Well, it was up and down there, too,” Marshall said. “Jay Cutler was my guy. He threw it up, but that was so long ago and in the past. It’s time to move on. Kyle and I, we hit a point in the season last year where he threw it up and I made a few plays and had a chance to put our offense and our team in some good positions. For the most part, it was fun playing in that offense last year.”

“Fun.” Didn’t hear Marshall use that word much this year.

The three words he chose Thursday when looking back on this playoff-free season: “Strange, difficult, disappointing — all those negative words.”

broncosteven
12-30-2010, 04:44 PM

Sea of Tranquility

Ocean of Storms

Fra Mauro

Hadley Rille

Descartes

Taurus-Littrow

?

OABB
12-30-2010, 04:46 PM

HAT
12-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Someone owes me 20 dollars, they bet Orton would be in the Pro Bowl this year...how can we find out who that was?

It was me and I will happily pay you if he doesn't make it. Injury killed it but that's why I asked for 4-1. ^5

oubronco
12-30-2010, 09:03 PM

Hilarious!

bombay
12-30-2010, 09:06 PM
He'd be a great fit with the Raiders.

Bronco Yoda
12-30-2010, 09:25 PM

Webb looked good in preseason too. They drafted him as a WR but looks like they got lucky and struck gold.

Pick Six
12-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Trade him back to Chicago for Devin Hester...:thumbs:

BroncosSR
12-30-2010, 09:31 PM
There's no way we get anything better than a 4th for Orton.

~Crash~
12-30-2010, 09:49 PM

Denver?

~Crash~
12-30-2010, 09:50 PM

So you are saying Denver ?:thumbs:

Borks147
12-30-2010, 09:54 PM

for

I just came

tsiguy96
12-30-2010, 10:05 PM
still cant believe people think we wont get anything for him. we GAVE a 5th for him in the cutler trade, and this was before he was good! now that hes shown he can run a football offense, his value went down?

~Crash~
12-30-2010, 10:11 PM
still cant believe people think we wont get anything for him. we GAVE a 5th for him in the cutler trade, and this was before he was good! now that hes shown he can run a football offense, his value went down?

nope they just like to argue

Bronco Yoda
12-30-2010, 10:11 PM
<object width="480" height="327"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xgr72?width=&theme=none&foreground=%23F7FFFD&highlight=%23FFC300&background=%23171D1B&start=&animatedTitle=&iframe=0&additionalInfos=0&autoPlay=0&hideInfos=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xgr72?width=&theme=none&foreground=%23F7FFFD&highlight=%23FFC300&background=%23171D1B&start=&animatedTitle=&iframe=0&additionalInfos=0&autoPlay=0&hideInfos=0" width="480" height="327" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgr72_apollo-11-moon-landing_people">Apollo 11 Moon landing</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Thor1966">Thor1966</a>. - <a target="_self" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/people">Videos of family and friends from around the world.</a></i>

bowtown
12-30-2010, 11:21 PM

If Cassel went for a 2nd after a single season of decent play on a team that always plays well, I think Orton, who is a better QB, and has more experience, is worth as much if not more. We'll see.

elsid13
12-31-2010, 06:05 AM

We didn't give a fifth for him in the Cutler trade. He was the throw in.

maher_tyler
12-31-2010, 07:40 AM
If I'm running things in Miami I consider going with whichever out of Mallet, Newton, Gabbert, or Locker falls to you before trading the pick to Denver for Orton. And I'm going after Kolb before Orton. But that's just me.

Regardless, reading this makes me think we can actually get a 2nd rounder for him.

Was waiting for someone to mention Kolb! Eagles have to be looking to move him out of Philly!! I could see Minnesota giving up their 1st to get him..he's looked solid in the games i've seen him play this year. Also, looks like McNabb won't be in Washington after the season is over...both these guys are better than Orton. I see us getting a 3rd and and maybe another later round pick for him!!

tsiguy96
12-31-2010, 07:43 AM
We didn't give a fifth for him in the Cutler trade. He was the throw in.

no, he wasnt. we gave cutler and a 5th for orton and 2 1sts. orton was not a throw in, go read quotes from the time of the trade.

OrangeSe7en
12-31-2010, 07:46 AM
Was waiting for someone to mention Kolb! Eagles have to be looking to move him out of Philly!! I could see Minnesota giving up their 1st to get him..he's looked solid in the games i've seen him play this year. Also, looks like McNabb won't be in Washington after the season is over...both these guys are better than Orton. I see us getting a 3rd and and maybe another later round pick for him!!

What has Kolb done? Also, both he and McNabb have only played in the WCO. Its a little outrageous to say McNabb is better at this point in his career.

maher_tyler
12-31-2010, 08:48 AM
What has Kolb done? Also, both he and McNabb have only played in the WCO. Its a little outrageous to say McNabb is better at this point in his career.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10480

Not bad...win vs ATL..i'd be willing to make a move if we didn't have Tebow!

EmpireOrange
12-31-2010, 08:58 AM
no, he wasnt. we gave cutler and a 5th for orton and 2 1sts. orton was not a throw in, go read quotes from the time of the trade.

Gawd! just hearing that again knowing what we got with those picks just makes you absolutely sick. Fuggin McDaniels! I hate that guy...

strafen
12-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Gawd! just hearing that again knowing what we got with those picks just makes you absolutely sick. Fuggin McDaniels! I hate that guy...It depresses me to this day...