PDA

View Full Version : Would you want John Fox as our next head coach?

KevinJames
12-29-2010, 03:28 PM
His contracts up and I doubt Carolina renews

Yes?
No?

Explain.

Smiling Assassin27
12-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Maybe DC. He's a quality coach but not what Denver needs at the top.

spdirty
12-29-2010, 04:39 PM
please no.

Crushaholic
12-29-2010, 04:51 PM
He hasn't proven consistently good results, yet. Pass...

oubronco
12-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Hell to the NO!!!

Los Broncos
12-29-2010, 05:29 PM
No way.

~Crash~
12-29-2010, 05:33 PM
he would be like 5th or so on my wish list . He is a fine head coach .

strafen
12-29-2010, 05:36 PM
He's a decent headcoach. I just don't think his style fits the Broncos...

peacepipe
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
overrated, not even worth interviewing.

Tombstone RJ
12-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Yep, he's a great coach who helped Jake Delhomme actually become a good QB. He's well respected and a great communicator, plus he's a defensive minded coach. He's a great candidate for the Broncos and I'd love it if the Broncos brought him in. The Panthers had some of the best defenses in the NFL under him.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, way, way, way before I'd take Kubiak.

Another team is gonna snatch him up immediately if he get's fired from Carolina. I'd love it if that team was the Broncos.

zdoor
12-29-2010, 07:03 PM
He's kept the Panthers playing hard...

broncocalijohn
12-29-2010, 07:07 PM
what part of NO! dont you understand?

Better choices out there.

Broncoman13
12-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Yes. He places an emphasis on Defense (Defensive Line in particular) and running the ball. IMO, he struggled the last couple of years b/c of injuries and the team being "cheap". How do you let Julius Peppers walk. That guy was Mr. Carolina. They loved him as much as we loved Rod Smith, Al Wilson, or Ed McCaffrey.

Anyhow, yeah... I wouldn't mind him as the HC. I think it would require we bring in a pretty strong OC, but I think he could help get this team focused in the right areas.

Durango
12-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Yep, he's a great coach who helped Jake Delhomme actually become a good QB. He's well respected and a great communicator, plus he's a defensive minded coach. He's a great candidate for the Broncos and I'd love it if the Broncos brought him in. The Panthers had some of the best defenses in the NFL under him.

Another team is gonna snatch him up immediately if he get's fired from Carolina. I'd love it if that team was the Broncos.

Agreed. I would be fine with Fox as the next HC here, especially if Gary Kubiak was the alternative.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Dude took over a 1-15 team and had them in the Superbowl two years later. Sign me up.

Broncomutt
12-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Three winning seasons out of nine.

Never a back to back wininning season.

No ****ing thank you!

mwill07
12-30-2010, 05:24 AM
He hasn't proven consistently good results, yet. Pass...

if he had produced consistently good results, he wouldn't be available.

The way I see it, there are three types of coaches:

1. experienced, former NFL head coach. There is only one out there who didn't fail at his last job and that's cowher. Everyone else is only available b/c they were recently fired.

2. up and coming coordinator. After McD, I doubt this is an option.

3. college coach: There has not been a whole lot of success for coaches making the jump from college to NFL.

Kaylore
12-30-2010, 05:32 AM
We could do a lot worse. He'd be a great coordinator. We could probably do better too, though.

GSRelyea
12-30-2010, 06:09 AM

I agree 100%- Obviously I would like to see Cowher get the job but that seems very unlikely (NYG or HOU)

Drek
12-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Fox means we're definitely going to a 4-3 defense, but he's really damn good at building a quality 4-3 and has shown the ability to scheme around a weak run stopper like we'd have in Doom if he was back on the line.

He's also the exact kind of high character hard ass this roster needs to whip them into shape.

Fox coming in is about the only way I'd want to go back to a 4-3. The big question though is who would be his OC. He'd probably want to keep McCoy and I'm not sure I'm a big fan of that.

If say, Kubes got fired in Houston and we could bring Dennison in as an Assistant HC - OL to help McCoy I'd be more interested in that kind of a set up. And keeping McCoy does maintain a lot of continuity for the system and for Tebow.

Overall I wouldn't be opposed, but if he wanted to keep McCoy as OC I'd really want to see us get him some Asst. HCs or very established positional coaches to help carry the load.

loborugger
12-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Dude took over a 1-15 team and had them in the Superbowl two years later. Sign me up.

And he did it with a QB named Jake. Not too shabby. His teams are always tough and prepared, and they are usually in the play off hunt year in and year out. I think he would straighten out STs and Defense. Someone pointed out that he has only had 3 winning seasons. I guess that is true, but 2 of those non-winning seasons were 8 - 8 while two others were 7 - 9. He has never had a franchise QB. I am not sure we have one now, but I think we are better off than Jake Delhomme. I guess we could probably do better, but I am sure we could do a whole lot worse.

Pony Boy
12-30-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm torn between no and hell no

Cmac821
12-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Is their a stat that shows coaches are better the second HC job or am I making things up again?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-30-2010, 09:04 AM
I'd be ok with Johnny F

BroncoInferno
12-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Fox would be an excellent choice. The Panthers front office stinks and has crippled him often with poor drafts and no activity in free agency. He's squeezed blood from a turnip more than once for that franchise. I'd prefer to stick with the 3-4, but I'd be fine with the switch if Fox were the coach. The only caveat I have is that he can't bring Dan Henning with him to run the offense. He'll need to be flexible about selecting an offensive staff.

Cmac821
12-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Sounds great, wins with so-so teams.

And has an animal for a last name...most triumphant