PDA

View Full Version : What is are the top priorities for the new regime, whomever it will be?

Kaylore
12-29-2010, 05:38 AM
Put what you think the new staff should work in. Please pick at least three.

broncogary
12-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Done.

elsid13
12-29-2010, 05:52 AM
Another poll theDave wasn't a part of.

strafen
12-29-2010, 05:54 AM
Other for you being a moron.
Really, you think this is a good poll?

jhns
12-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Their top priority should be to improve the entire team. We need everything on defense and a lot on offense. I just picked every option that had to do with imrpoving the team.

Really, I think the new regime should teach the fans some basic English. "What is are the"....

Kaylore
12-29-2010, 06:03 AM
Another poll theDave wasn't a part of.
:~ohyah!:He's never around anyway.

You really think I care?

broncogary
12-29-2010, 06:10 AM
The bad news is I agreed with jhns alot. The good news is I didn't agree with strafen on anything.

Kaylore
12-29-2010, 06:19 AM
The bad news is I agreed with jhns alot. The good news is I didn't agree with strafen on anything.

Please elaborate since I have Jhiz on ignore.

broncogary
12-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Please elaborate since I have Jhiz on ignore.

I mean based on how he and I voted in the poll above.

Old Dude
12-29-2010, 07:03 AM
I would love to see Champ signed to a new deal, but in this day and age, it always comes down to the money. If the money is right, do it. But they cannot afford to break the bank on one guy.

I also selected "other" because I think they need impact players and quality depth on this team wherever they can find them - with the possible exception of wide receiver. We can use all the help we can get just about everywhere else.

Kaylore
12-29-2010, 07:05 AM
I mean based on how he and I voted in the poll above.

Ah! Ok then. :thumbs:

Dagmar
12-29-2010, 07:14 AM
With a young offense in place with a potential QBOTF plus excellent WR corps, a young O-line, a good RB (most won't agree)...

I think get a RB that can spot Moreno from FA and a pass catching TE and our O is set, possibly some Oline depth late in the draft.

All about fixing the D to me, every single position.

CEH
12-29-2010, 07:21 AM
With a young offense in place with a potential QBOTF plus excellent WR corps, a young O-line, a good RB (most won't agree)...

I think get a RB that can spot Moreno from FA and a pass catching TE and our O is set, possibly some Oline depth late in the draft.

Was this a post from Jan '09? ;D

Jetmeck
12-29-2010, 07:24 AM
for the millionth time just fix the damn defense..............

Dagmar
12-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Was this a post from Jan '09? ;D

It could have been, but let's not turn it into this argument, there's plenty of threads for that.

The fact is, it's been apparent since the second Al Wilson went down that this D needed a complete overhaul. Josh tried strengthening the trenches but the D-line has been pretty poor (save Bannan and Vickerson lately).

Fix the D. Fix the D. Fix the D. Fix the D. Fix the D. Fix the D. Fix the D.

CEH
12-29-2010, 07:31 AM
It could have been, but let's not turn it into this argument, there's plenty of threads for that.

The fact is, it's been apparent since the second Al Wilson went down that this D needed a complete overhaul. Josh tried strengthening the trenches but the D-line has been pretty poor (save Bannan and Vickerson lately).

Fix the D. Fix the D. Fix the D. Fix the D. Fix the D. Fix the D. Fix the D.

I wasn't hence the smiley face. The simplest answer is right in front of our faces. It was in '09 and it is in '11.

Broncoman13
12-29-2010, 07:32 AM

Dick move... it was a good poll. A lot of good and true options that most fans want to see. If you don't care, select it's Griese's fault!

Broncoman13
12-29-2010, 07:34 AM

I don't know Dag. It worries me that Studesville has dropped some clear hints as to how he feels about Moreno. Said about three weeks ago that he still has to stay on top of him... or on his butt I think is how he put it. Then last week he was healthy enough to return but CBuck stayed playing as he had the "hot hand".

Los Broncos
12-29-2010, 07:35 AM

What's your deal?

baja
12-29-2010, 07:47 AM
The most important thing IMO is to structure a FO that is competent. There is a reason that the Pittsburghs and New Englands field a winning team year in and year out and it starts with ownership and the FO personal and system.

I look at NE and they have the best record in the AFC and they have 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 fourths. I want that skill level for the Broncos.

I thought we were on our way with Josh McDaniels but he needed help in areas where he was weak and he did not get it. He was asked to do way to much. I liked his ideas that he brought from NE but he did not have the over all experience to implement his plan. I think the FO failed Josh McDaniels more than Josh McDaniels failed the Denver Broncos and this is on Pat Bowlen. IMO.

Rohirrim
12-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Dline, Dline, Dline. I can't stand to watch mediocre QBs take apart the Broncos anymore because they have all day in the pocket.

Kaylore
12-29-2010, 07:53 AM
I don't know Dag. It worries me that Studesville has dropped some clear hints as to how he feels about Moreno. Said about three weeks ago that he still has to stay on top of him... or on his butt I think is how he put it. Then last week he was healthy enough to return but CBuck stayed playing as he had the "hot hand".

I know why that would worry vis-a-vis Moreno's prospects as a pro, especially coming from his position coach. However I'm glad he's not playing favorites with any of the players.

Mile High Shack
12-29-2010, 07:57 AM
The most important thing IMO is to structure a FO that is competent. There is a reason that the Pittsburghs and New Englands field a winning team year in and year out and it starts with ownership and the FO personal and system.

I look at NE and they have the best record in the AFC and they have 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 fourths. I want that skill level for the Broncos.

I thought we were on our way with Josh McDaniels but he needed help in areas where he was weak and he did not get it. He was asked to do way to much. I liked his ideas that he brought from NE but he did not have the over all experience to implement his plan. I think the FO failed Josh McDaniels more than Josh McDaniels failed the Denver Broncos and this is on Pat Bowlen. IMO.

and McD treated the draft like a kid trading away baseball cards, so we weren't on our way with that....he had the potential to really stock pile talent in the last draft and he just traded it away

baja
12-29-2010, 08:24 AM
and McD treated the draft like a kid trading away baseball cards, so we weren't on our way with that....he had the potential to really stock pile talent in the last draft and he just traded it away

He should not have been allowed to run that first draft. It was stupid to trade away a high first to take a second round CB and the Quinn pick was also a reach. He should have been allowed to coach only until he proved himself. He needed a strong GM just like Shanny needed help in the personal department. It was the given reason why Shanny was fired yet Bowlen turned around and handed the same structure to an unproven 31 year old that talked a good game. The Problem is with ownership. I think you guys are over looking the real problem here. JMO.

Ray Finkle
12-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Address the Lines (need depth on the Oline/need players on the Dline)
Address the LB's (trade DJ for a real Mike)
Address the Safety postion

Add speed to the entire team....

Broncoman13
12-29-2010, 09:09 AM
He should not have been allowed to run that first draft. It was stupid to trade away a high first to take a second round CB and the Quinn pick was also a reach. He should have been allowed to coach only until he proved himself. He needed a strong GM just like Shanny needed help in the personal department. It was the given reason why Shanny was fired yet Bowlen turned around and handed the same structure to an unproven 31 year old that talked a good game. The Problem is with ownership. I think you guys are over looking the real problem here. JMO.

I don't disagree with you. I think Josh would have been great in Denver had he made better personnel decisions, especially in the draft. Remember though, he wanted that control. It was stupid to give it to him, but he presented his plan and wanted control to implement it.

I think back to what might have been had he been able to get along with coaches like Nolan and players like Cutler, Hillis, BMarsh, and Scheffler. Had he focused on the defense and used those high picks to put some talent back on that side of the ball, he would be a playoff coach and Denver wouldn't have turned on him.

All of your points are valid regarding a GM type with full control. Not arguing that point at all.

Hamrob
12-29-2010, 09:21 AM
1. Dline
2. Develop Tebow
3. Improve Running Game
4. LB's
5. TE
6. Safeties

That's how I see our priorities.

Pick Six
12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Linebacking corps
Safety
I'm mad we lost (about) Hillis ;)

Kaylore
12-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Linebacking corps
Safety
I'm mad we lost (about) Hillis ;)

Yeah I messed that line up. Maybe a mod can edit.

ScottXray
12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
I voted for D line , LB and several others (Running game, Safety, develope Tebow)
But thos two are our biggest needs. Especially playmakers at both those positions

Mr
12-29-2010, 01:12 PM
D line
Safety
Run game
Tebow

listopencil
12-29-2010, 01:52 PM
My third option was "other"- improve coaching across the board. The Bronco have played like a poorly coached team all year. We need a staff of competent professionals who can work together and lead this team. Not one "mastermind" or "boy genius" in charge of it all. A real staff.

listopencil
12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
I think the FO failed Josh McDaniels more than Josh McDaniels failed the Denver Broncos and this is on Pat Bowlen. IMO.

I agree.

TheReverend
12-29-2010, 02:01 PM
1. Develop Tebow
2. Get the running game going FOR Tebow
3. Get a goddamn intelligent linebacker than can play in traffic (someone
that can at least semi MARGINALLY cover the gap we've been missing since Al Wilson that DJ clearly has to be stopped being relied on to fill) so we aren't getting gashed 90% of the time right up the ****ing middle.
4. DL depth via FA
5. Draft Peterson pending workouts
6. Draft DL prospects
7. An accomplished veteran FA center or an early round center

*Subject to change depending on defensive scheme

Pony Boy
12-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Cheerleaders with bigger boobs

Missouribronc
12-29-2010, 02:15 PM
The bad news is I agreed with jhns alot.

He voted for every option, except the last three.

Missouribronc
12-29-2010, 02:16 PM
I think focusing on developing a ground game that Tebow can play-action off of and fixing the defensive and offensive lines is paramount.

Just an addition to the d-line, that includes, a book-end linebacker on the outside for Dumervil (assuming they stay in the 3-4, which I'd like to see). Ayers looked like he might have turned a corner in a few games, but injuries hurt that. If we're talking about a 3-4, I would consider that helping the defensive line, rather than saying fixing the linebacker corps (jmho).

Mr
12-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Id like to see CBA issues hashed out on the "Maury" show.

outdoor_miner
12-29-2010, 02:19 PM
My third option was "other"- improve coaching across the board. The Bronco have played like a poorly coached team all year. We need a staff of competent professionals who can work together and lead this team. Not one "mastermind" or "boy genius" in charge of it all. A real staff.

Totally agree with this. What finally turned me against McDaniels was the fact that the Broncos appeared poorly coached for most of the year, which was supposed to be his strong suit. Penalties, turnovers... The Broncos were constantly making the wrong play at the wrong time.

Kaylore
12-29-2010, 02:34 PM
So looking at the numbers, an overwhelming number of you want defense to be looked at, defensive line specifically and other positions as well. A significant amount want someone who will develop Tebow.

How does Gary Kubiak as a head coach fit into this profile? He's 36-43, has had one season when he was over .500 by just one game, he's never had a defense that wasn't in the 20's and he has never rebuilt an organization up.

So I ask again, Kubiak supporters, what is it about Kubiak that makes you think he's what this team needs as a head coach? I understand if you want him as an offensive coordinator. That makes sense, especially for the Tebow developing aspect. Howver there are a crap load of coaches with a better resume than this sad collection to run the team as a whole.

Missouribronc
12-29-2010, 02:47 PM
How does Gary Kubiak as a head coach fit into this profile? He's 36-43, has had one season when he was over .500 by just one game, he's never had a defense that wasn't in the 20's and he has never rebuilt an organization up.

So I ask again, Kubiak supporters, what is it about Kubiak that makes you think he's what this team needs as a head coach? I understand if you want him as an offensive coordinator. That makes sense, especially for the Tebow developing aspect. Howver there are a crap load of coaches with a better resume than this sad collection to run the team as a whole.

I'm not necessarily a supporter of the idea of having Kubiak in Denver, but I think Tebow would be damned good in the "Jake Plummer" quarterback role.

:runsoutthedoor:

baja
12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
So looking at the numbers, an overwhelming number of you want defense to be looked at, defensive line specifically and other positions as well. A significant amount want someone who will develop Tebow.

name recognition same with Elway in the FO.

Grover
12-29-2010, 04:14 PM

and smaller outfits. And if they could bend over more, that would be just terrific.

But back to football -

Getting Peterson in the draft is my #1.
Then it's getting better on the DL.
Then developing Tebow.
Then establishing a better running game - could be OL depth and new RB.
Safety comes next.

I'm actually pretty happy with our TEs, I think between Coates, Gronkowski, Graham and Quinn that we'll be OK.

Gutless Drunk
12-29-2010, 04:24 PM
so looking at the numbers, an overwhelming number of you want defense to be looked at, defensive line specifically and other positions as well. A significant amount want someone who will develop tebow.

How does gary kubiak as a head coach fit into this profile? He's 36-43, has had one season when he was over .500 by just one game, he's never had a defense that wasn't in the 20's and he has never rebuilt an organization up.

So i ask again, kubiak supporters, what is it about kubiak that makes you think he's what this team needs as a head coach? I understand if you want him as an offensive coordinator. That makes sense, especially for the tebow developing aspect. Howver there are a crap load of coaches with a better resume than this sad collection to run the team as a whole.

Kaylore
12-30-2010, 05:11 AM

You might want to look at the scoring defense.

I'm not necessarily a supporter of the idea of having Kubiak in Denver, but I think Tebow would be damned good in the "Jake Plummer" quarterback role.
I'm not against his coordinating abilities. The way he works with QB's is impressive. I'm just saying as a head coach he is not strong or even average candidate.

Lolad
12-30-2010, 06:01 AM
I should have voted the other option with everything else I voted for. We need a Pass catching TE, and a LB that can defend pass catching TE's. A nickel back that can defend against slot receivers.

Gutless Drunk
12-30-2010, 07:49 AM
you might want to look at the scoring defense.

I'm not against his coordinating abilities. The way he works with qb's is impressive. I'm just saying as a head coach he is not strong or even average candidate.

Kaylore
12-30-2010, 07:52 AM
PFR showed them at 20. Regardless, in winning the battle you just lost the war. the best they could muster is 17th. Yes, it is three steps higher than 20, but still below average. So in the end he's a losing coach that puts up a lot of gaudy numbers on offense and has defenses that suck but can develop a QB. I'm sorry, but didn't we just fire that guy? And people want to hire him again? I know, he reminds of better days, but he isn't what the team needs.

Gutless Drunk
12-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Not a Kubiak supporter...I was just pointing out your inaccuracies

baja
12-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Why do you guys think Kubes will even be available?

Kaylore
12-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Why do you guys think Kubes will even be available?

I was going to mention that whoever was covering for Rome today is based out of Houston and apparently they are firing their defensive coordinator but Kubiak will be retained....at this point anyway.

mikey555
12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
I will be happy with whomever they hire as long as the respectability comes back to the Franchise!!!
That and they better stomp all over Cutler and the bears when they come to Mile High!

serious hops
12-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Win the mother****ing game!

And this.

~Crash~
12-30-2010, 07:47 PM
A kick ass FS and a Real DC and I think most the other problems look better .

oubronco
12-30-2010, 07:48 PM
A kick ass FS and a Real DC and I think most the other problems look better .

D-line?

SoCalBronco
12-30-2010, 07:55 PM
There are a number of critical isues that need to be tackled but the first issue kind of affects the rest: whether to keep the 3-4 defense or move back to the 4-3 defense?

In a 4-3, DJ slides in easily to the WLB spot and you can probably easily slide Mario Haggan into the SLB spot or the MLB spot (unless Mays is good enough to hack it on 2 downs there, which he might be). In the 4-3 then, you have a credible starter at each spot. Dumervil and Ayers would be the ends, and that might be a decent for Ayers, although it would definitely harm Dumervil, as he'd have to take on LT's more often as a pass rusher than he does now (since the LT is covered up by a 3-4 DE and its difficult for a guard to execute a double read from ILB to OLB and get to the edge in time if the ILB doesn't come) and he would be more exposed in the run game, as well. If you went with that approach, all you would need to solidify the front is two real DT's. That's not an easy task, but with 3 picks in the first two rounds, they could credibly address it right there without having to dip into FA again and J. Williams can be relied on to be the space eater in the short term to help open it up for the other DT.

On the other hand, if they stick with the 3-4, they would probably have to replace the entire current DL since they really aren't getting the job done in terms of keeping the OL off the ILB's. Not much would be needed at LB, since Doom and Ayers at full strength is perfectly fine. They might need to add a SILB although its a close call.

~Crash~
12-30-2010, 09:04 PM
D-line?

well Nolan did with a lot less then we have now .. look at the steelerstarting DE's nothing special

~Crash~
12-30-2010, 09:06 PM
I like Vickers play by the way .

~Crash~
12-30-2010, 09:07 PM
We need a real DC with full reins to do what he likes in calls.

bowtown
12-30-2010, 11:46 PM
We need a real DC with full reins to do what he likes in calls.

Curious, how often do you think this happens? How may teams do people think there are where the head coach totally defers all game planning on one side of the ball to his coordinator? Which teams really actually do this? I think it would be worth stacking their successes up against teams with coaches who do a lot of micromanagment. I guess it would be hard to really know.